Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... (35985 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Rivers And Lagos Can Pay Salaries Without Borrowing - BudgIT / Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy / Cancel All Rerun Election Results In Rivers And Conduct Fresh Polls- APC To INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2016
lipsrsealed
there's always an atom of truthin every lie sha
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by DaMotivator(m): 10:51am On May 18, 2016
end time laziness....

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by DONSMITH123(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2016
Pangea:
Na now una know?
I knew this when i was in Okpoama for youth service!
Their youths live for two things
1. Sex
2. Booze
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by DIFY20(f): 10:54am On May 18, 2016
u are an idiot is you yorubas dat will always try join to join two heads together
9ja4show:
How did you all come about this assumption? Just because your neigbour is a lazy man you decided to paint "most" people lazy...from the east to the west and south to north , tell me where there are no lazy people.

This must be coming from an igbo man thinking they are most industrious in nigeria because them carry you from village go learn electrical work. E-diot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by sheunsheun(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2016
True talk baba, i served in Rivers state, Okrika to be precise. Laziness is the order of the day, their mentor is Ateke!!! Imagine

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by siobh: 10:56am On May 18, 2016
what batch pls??
i was there some years back also
Pangea:
Na now una know?
I knew this when i was in Okpoama for youth service!
Their youths live for two things
1. Sex
2. Booze
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by 9ja4show: 10:59am On May 18, 2016
DIFY20:
u are an idiot is you yorubas dat will always try join to join two heads together

And you are very sure i am Yoruba? Your sense was exchanged for a plastic coke way back.

I am a Nigerian and I am Niger deltan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Bluffly: 11:00am On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
I strongly agree with Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State in his assertion that Bayelsan Youth (in extension Rivers youth) are lazy. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/3110142/bayelsans-lazy-governor-dickson

They are my brothers but they make me sad.

Most of our youth, particularly the uneducated are not ready to work, they will rather wait for hand-outs from Politicians, Amnesty Committee and Corporate Organisations for Nairabet (will you blame them, their fathers were POOLS addicts), Tramadol (why won't they abuse Tramadol when their Fathers sniffed SNUFFS) and other controlled substances.

In Rivers State in particular, the youth are so lazy and idle (remember an idle mind is the devils workshop) such that they are now willing tools for Satan himself to engage them in clapping (term used for rapid shooting of firearms) at law abiding citizens for no cogent and verifiable reason.

Orashi and Engenni communities in Rivers State are a no go area due to the actions of youth cult groups like DEY GBAM, DEY WELL, ICELANDERS and GREENLANDERS beheading people every other day.

Ogoni communities are a no go area,
Etche communities are a no go area,
Rivers Ijaw water ways are a no go area,
even Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor communities are gradually being overtaken by these lazy scumbags who kidnap people going about their lawful businesses.

How did we get here? LAZINESS AND IGNORANCE!!

A young man who is well cultured and from a well structured family with right parenting will never want to engage in nefarous activities even if he's offered a million Naira. If he is without a job, he will locate his enterpreneural skills and erk a living.

Who is to blame? OUR PARENTS IN THE DELTA, PEER GROUPS, THE POLITICAL CLASS AND THE SOCIETY AT LARGE

A Father who wakes up in the morning to Kaikai (Spirit) and Snuff, soaks himself in alcohol, ends up in Draft Game/Pools Office for the rest of the day. What kind of offspring or parental guidance can such a Father offer?

The child is brought up by the streets and sees laziness as a way of life.

But there are no jobs!! SAYS WHO??

In Port Harcourt for instance, go to Rumuokoro roundabout, the menial jobs are being done by Hausa/Middle Belt boys. You will see these Hausa boys with their wheelbarrows erking a living. At that same Rumuokoro roundabout, the touts are mostly Rivers boys, those harassing motorists are mostly Rivers boys...may God help us, Amen.

Go to Mile One Market, go to Oil Mill Market, go to Ikokwu Auto Markets, go to Town Market, etc... Less than 10 percent of the Traders and Hustlers are Rivers people. Rather those harassing the traders are mostly Rivers people.

Go to project sites, our youth get employment slots yet they sell them to Hausa boys. I visited a project site in Port Harcourt, I wept. All the boys building the drainages were Hausas. If such opportunities were given to our boys, they will show up at noon every other day or they may not even show up till pay day.

Unfortunately, an average Rivers or Bayelsan youth has institutionalised criminality. He is so lazy to the extent that his quest for criminality is insatiable. Same youth collects Amnesty funds, LGA Chairman's Allawee, dues from cult members, matching ground from business owners, yet he still wants to snatch a phone from a poor girl out there, he still wants to kidnap that hardworking woman that owns a boutique, he still wants to rob that bank on the major road...Them swear for una??

It is high time we told ourselves the truth, Warri as a city is paying for the sins of the youth. Our Rivers and Bayelsa youth should learn from other people's mistakes.

The Government has a role to play, create opportunities for our youth to acquire basic education so they can think rationally.

The National Orientation Agency and the media has a role to play. There is need to sensitize the youth on the futility of their actions.

The Religious Organisations have have a role to play. Since these lazy dudes converge in your auditoriums at least once a week, sensitize them on how their lifestyles affect other law abiding citizens negatively.

The Judiciary has a role to play. Any youth caught with firearms should languish in jail.

The Security Agencies have a role to play. They should make the Niger Delta region a virtual panopticon thereby creating that "you are being watched" atmosphere.

The Multinationals have a role to play. Remember when you build the man, you build the community. Dissident groups like the Avengers are springing up because for over 50 years of your operations, you failed to impact lives and environment possitively.

Above all, the family has a very major role to play. Na from Papa and Mama, you fit guess how pikin go be.

I rest my case.

Point of Correction. Warri is paying for the sins of their forefathers, fathers, community leaders and politicians and not the youths because the youths learned their values from these ones.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by idupaul: 11:00am On May 18, 2016
otokx:
Please add Delta State, online/phone betting is destroying the males while Telemundo and Series movies are devastating the females.

Choi
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Abutz: 11:02am On May 18, 2016
The most unfortunate Part is that none of them are educated enough to login to nairaland.com and read all these people are saying about them for them to have a rethink.
Who will take this to them now?

Cos obviously they re ignorant of the root cause of their predicament. bullocks!

8 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by StoneLucifer: 11:03am On May 18, 2016
Useless people (Bayelsa/Rivers)...I just hate them with so much passion..

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by vybe: 11:04am On May 18, 2016
why would they lazy when they brain wash them that they have oil .... and bockery is available. bagar

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by dictbennie(m): 11:07am On May 18, 2016
I am from Bayelsa State and I can confirm that most of the assumptions of the op are wrong..... The 'illiterates' behave that way doesn't mean we all are..... We have young professors, young entrepreneurs scattered all over the globe....Next time, be subjective enough when writing things like this so that you won't pass the wrong message.... Every tribe has the lazy ones.... What do we call the agberos in Lagos that extort money from motorists? Get to other parts of the country first and see that it is a common epidemic in our society...
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Abagworo(m): 11:07am On May 18, 2016
StoneLucifer:
Useless people (Bayelsa/Rivers)...I just hate them with so much passion..

And what are you?
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Brugo(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
I am glad a son of the soil started this thread. When I wrote about the extortion that strangers suffer in the hands of SS community youth and leaders, you people insulted me.

Go and fix yourselves. This amnesty allowance is a big problem for you people. Laziness is the order of the day because there is free money and your governors arm and pay the youth for political violence.

Drinking money, marching ground money and so on, will not let those boys have sense.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by lovat(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2016
Yoruba youths in Lagos Island are also living same lifestyle. Its common with all ethnic groups

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Abagworo(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2016
dictbennie:
I am from Bayelsa State and I can confirm that most of the assumptions of the op are wrong..... The 'illiterates' behave that way doesn't mean we all are..... We have young professors, young entrepreneurs scattered all over the globe....Next time, be subjective enough when writing things like this so that you won't pass the wrong message.... Every tribe has the lazy ones.... What do we call the agberos in Lagos that extort money from motorists? Get to other parts of the country first and see that it is a common epidemic in our society ...

@bolded is right but it seems endemic in Bayelsa area. Its a long term psychological manipulation. Many like you are intelligent and self dependent but others want free hand out.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by miqos02(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2016
na wa oh
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by danidee10(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2016
loco4love:
I DISAGREE WITH POSTER AND THIS IS WHY:

I have seen why many youths are in the dismal situation they are in today. Its not totally their fault it is the Nigerian system that contributes the most effort to make sure the youth fail. How many jobs has the federal, state, local government created for the youth who just left university and secondary school. Some of the youth could not afford to finish secondary school while Buhari can afford to send his daughter to a university in Surrey, England. Everyone is not in the same situation as you. Everyone has not been through the same experiences as you have. Everyone was not born INTO the same conditions as you were. Wake up and smell the Arabica. Don't blame victims for the crime blame the perpetrators. The perpetrators are the elitists and their goons who own the Nigerian system who call themselves: president, vice president, governor, local government chairman, dpo, police constable, politician, lecturer who fornicates with the students in the schools, etc.

Nigeria is hell and it is run by imps and demon-lovers. It makes me wonder how God-fearing folk survive everyday in Nigeria.

You just had to mention buhari....has buhari been the one ruling Nigeria since 1960

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by HomeOfMe(f): 11:13am On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
I strongly agree with Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State in his assertion that Bayelsan Youth (in extension Rivers youth) are lazy. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/3110142/bayelsans-lazy-governor-dickson

They are my brothers but they make me sad.

Most of our youth, particularly the uneducated are not ready to work, they will rather wait for hand-outs from Politicians, Amnesty Committee and Corporate Organisations for Nairabet (will you blame them, their fathers were POOLS addicts), Tramadol (why won't they abuse Tramadol when their Fathers sniffed SNUFFS) and other controlled substances.

In Rivers State in particular, the youth are so lazy and idle (remember an idle mind is the devils workshop) such that they are now willing tools for Satan himself to engage them in clapping (term used for rapid shooting of firearms) at law abiding citizens for no cogent and verifiable reason.

Orashi and Engenni communities in Rivers State are a no go area due to the actions of youth cult groups like DEY GBAM, DEY WELL, ICELANDERS and GREENLANDERS beheading people every other day.

Ogoni communities are a no go area,
Etche communities are a no go area,
Rivers Ijaw water ways are a no go area,
even Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor communities are gradually being overtaken by these lazy scumbags who kidnap people going about their lawful businesses.

How did we get here? LAZINESS AND IGNORANCE!!

A young man who is well cultured and from a well structured family with right parenting will never want to engage in nefarous activities even if he's offered a million Naira. If he is without a job, he will locate his enterpreneural skills and erk a living.

Who is to blame? OUR PARENTS IN THE DELTA, PEER GROUPS, THE POLITICAL CLASS AND THE SOCIETY AT LARGE

A Father who wakes up in the morning to Kaikai (Spirit) and Snuff, soaks himself in alcohol, ends up in Draft Game/Pools Office for the rest of the day. What kind of offspring or parental guidance can such a Father offer?

The child is brought up by the streets and sees laziness as a way of life.

But there are no jobs!! SAYS WHO??

In Port Harcourt for instance, go to Rumuokoro roundabout, the menial jobs are being done by Hausa/Middle Belt boys. You will see these Hausa boys with their wheelbarrows erking a living. At that same Rumuokoro roundabout, the touts are mostly Rivers boys, those harassing motorists are mostly Rivers boys...may God help us, Amen.

Go to Mile One Market, go to Oil Mill Market, go to Ikokwu Auto Markets, go to Town Market, etc... Less than 10 percent of the Traders and Hustlers are Rivers people. Rather those harassing the traders are mostly Rivers people.

Go to project sites, our youth get employment slots yet they sell them to Hausa boys. I visited a project site in Port Harcourt, I wept. All the boys building the drainages were Hausas. If such opportunities were given to our boys, they will show up at noon every other day or they may not even show up till pay day.

Unfortunately, an average Rivers or Bayelsan youth has institutionalised criminality. He is so lazy to the extent that his quest for criminality is insatiable. Same youth collects Amnesty funds, LGA Chairman's Allawee, dues from cult members, matching ground from business owners, yet he still wants to snatch a phone from a poor girl out there, he still wants to kidnap that hardworking woman that owns a boutique, he still wants to rob that bank on the major road...Them swear for una??

It is high time we told ourselves the truth, Warri as a city is paying for the sins of the youth. Our Rivers and Bayelsa youth should learn from other people's mistakes.

The Government has a role to play, create opportunities for our youth to acquire basic education so they can think rationally.

The National Orientation Agency and the media has a role to play. There is need to sensitize the youth on the futility of their actions.

The Religious Organisations have have a role to play. Since these lazy dudes converge in your auditoriums at least once a week, sensitize them on how their lifestyles affect other law abiding citizens negatively.

The Judiciary has a role to play. Any youth caught with firearms should languish in jail.

The Security Agencies have a role to play. They should make the Niger Delta region a virtual panopticon thereby creating that "you are being watched" atmosphere.

The Multinationals have a role to play. Remember when you build the man, you build the community. Dissident groups like the Avengers are springing up because for over 50 years of your operations, you failed to impact lives and environment possitively.

Above all, the family has a very major role to play. Na from Papa and Mama, you fit guess how pikin go be.

I rest my case.
That's why they were "born with a silver spoon" by way of God blessing them with crude oil,but unfortunately,the their birthright was snatched from them. I hear Saudi Arabia is the richest oil producing country in the world,and that the govt pays those who are jobless and the elderly from the crude Allah blessed them with because I hear their men are also lazy. Bayelsa and Rivers youths,you were born with a silver spoon but it seems to have turn to a curse-turn over a new leaf and make sth good out of your life!

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by HirstMOG(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Where you not one of the persons that campaigned for Wike to be governor. Well, deal with whatever you see. It will continue to be gloomy until 2019 when another opportunity will be presented to you to campaign for a worthy governor.

I pray to wake up one day and hear that a state of emergency has been declared in Rivers.

what of your president bubu? same way we will wake up one day and Nigeria will be no more in existence.
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Xtopher123(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2016
Ive to say the truth irrespective of Tribe or Clan,

An Average Rivers or Bayelsa Youth is a Thug..

Quote me and I'll give you many instances that led to my Conclusion

And it pains me to see them lavishing .., tho I don't blame them because that is what Politicians have turned them into.. i also blame the discovery of oil in the South South..

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by paschal87: 11:16am On May 18, 2016
mmmmmm.....so heart breaking. I hate to agree with this but its the truth. rivers and bayelsa youths are so lazy and without even common sense. youths killing themselves everyday for our greedy and heavy pocket politicians, who only fight for selfish reasons.
the major problem is not the laziness, its the corruption and the illiteracy even among the educated ones.
do u kwn dat in some local governments in rivers like omoku, they is constanst electricity and no charges for light bill because the light is free...but the people dont do any meaningful thing with it. no factory, no industry etc...what they only know is killing thier brothers and sisters in the name of cultism...
its a really painful thing because their elders, religious leaders and schools are not doing enough.
for me I will say its the curse of crude oil...

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by StoneLucifer: 11:17am On May 18, 2016
Very useless people (Rivers /Bayelsa/delta)..Able body men &women sit at home doing nothing, drinking ogogoro, smoking grass, causing nuissance and extorting tenants, demanding for house rent from tenants months before it is due, searching for sugar mummies &daddies and finally if no way out, resort to crime ,kidnapping &prostitution....THEY ARE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!! Buhari please destroy them all..IPOB, stay away from them.They are traitors AND your real ENEMIES if only u have eyes..

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by nattyhero(m): 11:17am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=lovedatruth post=45716907][/quote]

What has declaring a state of emergency in rivers state got to do with the post? And how do u know the op is a man that voted for Wike. All said and done i take it that u are a pained APC ass by their utterances u shall know them. Wike has come to stay just as ur messiah of Daura has come to stay till 2019. Urhobo wadoooo
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 11:17am On May 18, 2016
I think this problem is common amongst the south south, oil is to be blamed as the easy money obtained has killed creativity , hard work and innovation.

The annoying thing with these persons is that they dont even invest the monies they make on goo things like that will benefit their communities.

its to buy the latest flashy cars, buy gadgets that they dont even know how to maintain and use.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by gretblue: 11:18am On May 18, 2016
Bitter truth.I have been staying in Warri for the last 7years. A typical Warri boy will prefer to collect development level for living.They prefer waiting for free money to any other thing.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by omenka(m): 11:18am On May 18, 2016
Waiting for a rejoinder by Tonyebarcanista while I sip my Furaghourt. grin

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by feldido(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2016
True talk... I ones own a phone/laptop repair shop in yenagoa, no 1 believed me when I say I'm from bayelsa. They say I'm either igbo or urhobo.

The Ijaw Youths need Reorientation.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 11:20am On May 18, 2016
Some states welcome development while in Rivers State,expecially the Ikwerre areas,all we do is hold contractors hostage for payment of huge amount of money called "matching ground" for roads and projects that will be of benefit to all.Some even go as far as selling job opportunities meant for the community.We are really the cause of our problems,I pray we get re orientated because we're really doomed with our lazy life styles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by martineverest(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2016
Warri inclusive and partly benin

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 11:24am On May 18, 2016
No 1da pple say dat; ur own best might nt b gud enof 4 me.

I bin dey tink say na mai area worst ogrin

Nt knowing dat it's jxt a tip of an ice berg here undecided

Eniti ko ba de oko baba elomiran ri,,,,,,

We op 4 beta CHANGES everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidents Who'll Make Me Renounce Nigeria By Farooq Kperogi / Keyamo Calls For Release Of Videographer Behind Delta Viral SARS Video / Osinbajo To Act As President For 10 Days- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.