Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... (35988 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Rivers And Lagos Can Pay Salaries Without Borrowing - BudgIT / Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy / Cancel All Rerun Election Results In Rivers And Conduct Fresh Polls- APC To INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by HopeAtHand: 12:49pm On May 18, 2016
macaranta:
It's a mindset thing..the Niger Delta youths need to understand that true wealth comes from exchanging value.You cannot live all your youthful days consuming and not contributing to humanity and expect to become somebody in life.You can intimidate with strength and weapon today,but what about tomorrow when old age sets in and your strength fails you?what legacy will you be leaving behind?.This is a wake up call for all Niger Delta youths and by extension Nigerian Youths,kill that consumption mentality,seek to create value in life.
He who blames everyone for his troubles will never find solution,so quit blaming your parents,government, etc for your misfortunes,take charge of your life and destiny.
Bless

A million likes for you. Simply because we are blessed with crude oil shouldn't becloud our creative zeal and desire for excellence. Laziness is a sin.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 18, 2016
greatmen:
You are high on some major stuff! So bayelsans and Rivers state folks are lazy, my first question when did you come to Rivers State? How long have you been in the Nigerdelta, How dare you open your mouth and insult the ijaw man, these are hard working fishermen, the ikweres hard working farmers and traders both upland and riverine, people who where always content and open to strangers, you destroy their very source of lively hood for generations did they beg you to exploit their land what happened to the groundnut pyramids etc everyone is eating fat on the oil wealth of the Niger delta, the Nation has become lazy that should be your headline such a shame, these are people who traded with the British king opobo etc enlightened humble people, you turned them like this even a gentle bull can turn into a beast when it's trampled on, I know the heavy tribalism I faced in she'll during my IT days the only opportunities given to my people was to serve as tea girls and errand boys with all the graduates, my dad a hard working retired officer in the Nigerian airforce stayed in a rank for years due to the region and tribal sentiment even if he was more qualified than many goat sellers, such rubbish! I am a graduate from one of the best universities in geology with an msc yet to see an oil and gas work is major wahala even in my region, now your telling me if someone offers me an Ak47 to put an end to this injustice I would gladly do it!!

I share in your sentiments on some issues. However, I must also condemn the attitude of some of our youth.

Give them the work, they won't show up. Like I stated earlier, I went to a project site, I saw only Hausa workers. This was simply because, if they had hired our skilled artisans, they wouldn't have met the project timeline.

While our boys will be calling for better working condition, Hausa boys can hustle under any condition.

Work no dey, work no dey...Hausa boys dey jab wella for PH

Work no dey, work no dey...Igbo boys go show PH from Umudike, position for Ikoku or Ojoto, 5 years later e go carry Highlander go for Christmas...Na for nairaland here we go dey see 5 bedroom duplex e dey build for Umudike...

Work no dey, work no dey...Yoruba boys go hang around Shell and Total gate, go there five years later e don position for one office...

Wetin dem dey do wey our people no get foresight to do?

I have first hand experience in this regard. It is very bad.

We the enlightened ones must call for the reorientation of our siblings.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Coldfeets: 12:49pm On May 18, 2016
So it's true.

A friend of mine who once domiciled in Bayelsa told me that if I see how some these able-bodied Bayelsan youths hustle for "deve" every month, say I go fear. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by marv1: 12:52pm On May 18, 2016
WHAT......? .. Yet they still blame govt........
OrlandoOwoh:
The rural areas of Delta State are worse. There you could see jobless men in their 40's having more than two wives.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by asha80(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2016
Scholes007:
I don't know why i have this feeling that you exhibit some of this characters described by the op... You just confused.
if you read "things fall apart" by Chinua achebe you would understand what the person you quoted was alluding to with the post he quoted

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Orikinla(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
I strongly agree with Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State in his assertion that Bayelsan Youth (in extension Rivers youth) are lazy. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/3110142/bayelsans-lazy-governor-dickson

They are my brothers but they make me sad.

Most of our youth, particularly the uneducated are not ready to work, they will rather wait for hand-outs from Politicians, Amnesty Committee and Corporate Organisations for Nairabet (will you blame them, their fathers were POOLS addicts), Tramadol (why won't they abuse Tramadol when their Fathers sniffed SNUFFS) and other controlled substances.

In Rivers State in particular, the youth are so lazy and idle (remember an idle mind is the devils workshop) such that they are now willing tools for Satan himself to engage them in clapping (term used for rapid shooting of firearms) at law abiding citizens for no cogent and verifiable reason.

Orashi and Engenni communities in Rivers State are a no go area due to the actions of youth cult groups like DEY GBAM, DEY WELL, ICELANDERS and GREENLANDERS beheading people every other day.

Ogoni communities are a no go area,
Etche communities are a no go area,
Rivers Ijaw water ways are a no go area,
even Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor communities are gradually being overtaken by these lazy scumbags who kidnap people going about their lawful businesses.

How did we get here? LAZINESS AND IGNORANCE!!

A young man who is well cultured and from a well structured family with right parenting will never want to engage in nefarous activities even if he's offered a million Naira. If he is without a job, he will locate his enterpreneural skills and erk a living.

Who is to blame? OUR PARENTS IN THE DELTA, PEER GROUPS, THE POLITICAL CLASS AND THE SOCIETY AT LARGE

A Father who wakes up in the morning to Kaikai (Spirit) and Snuff, soaks himself in alcohol, ends up in Draft Game/Pools Office for the rest of the day. What kind of offspring or parental guidance can such a Father offer?

The child is brought up by the streets and sees laziness as a way of life.

But there are no jobs!! SAYS WHO??

In Port Harcourt for instance, go to Rumuokoro roundabout, the menial jobs are being done by Hausa/Middle Belt boys. You will see these Hausa boys with their wheelbarrows erking a living. At that same Rumuokoro roundabout, the touts are mostly Rivers boys, those harassing motorists are mostly Rivers boys...may God help us, Amen.

Go to Mile One Market, go to Oil Mill Market, go to Ikokwu Auto Markets, go to Town Market, etc... Less than 10 percent of the Traders and Hustlers are Rivers people. Rather those harassing the traders are mostly Rivers people.

Go to project sites, our youth get employment slots yet they sell them to Hausa boys. I visited a project site in Port Harcourt, I wept. All the boys building the drainages were Hausas. If such opportunities were given to our boys, they will show up at noon every other day or they may not even show up till pay day.

Unfortunately, an average Rivers or Bayelsan youth has institutionalised criminality. He is so lazy to the extent that his quest for criminality is insatiable. Same youth collects Amnesty funds, LGA Chairman's Allawee, dues from cult members, matching ground from business owners, yet he still wants to snatch a phone from a poor girl out there, he still wants to kidnap that hardworking woman that owns a boutique, he still wants to rob that bank on the major road...Them swear for una??

It is high time we told ourselves the truth, Warri as a city is paying for the sins of the youth. Our Rivers and Bayelsa youth should learn from other people's mistakes.

The Government has a role to play, create opportunities for our youth to acquire basic education so they can think rationally.

The National Orientation Agency and the media has a role to play. There is need to sensitize the youth on the futility of their actions.

The Religious Organisations have have a role to play. Since these lazy dudes converge in your auditoriums at least once a week, sensitize them on how their lifestyles affect other law abiding citizens negatively.

The Judiciary has a role to play. Any youth caught with firearms should languish in jail.

The Security Agencies have a role to play. They should make the Niger Delta region a virtual panopticon thereby creating that "you are being watched" atmosphere.

The Multinationals have a role to play. Remember when you build the man, you build the community. Dissident groups like the Avengers are springing up because for over 50 years of your operations, you failed to impact lives and environment possitively.

Above all, the family has a very major role to play. Na from Papa and Mama, you fit guess how pikin go be.

I rest my case.
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Truckpusher(m): 12:57pm On May 18, 2016
All I can see on this thread are hardworking Igbo,Yoruba ,Hausa and Middle belt youths living the life they deserve and churning out great results while the Niger Delta youths are the scum of the earth (Nigeria), drinking every damn bottle being brewed in the country, while killing themselves.

One thing I love about self acclaimed ''better than you mentality/attitude'' is simply the fact that the one who makes the most noise is probably the one with the most useless set of lifestyle but in one erroneous rushed judgement to feel good they usually continue with their foolishness by labeling others whatever they feel.

The thousands of youths across Nigeria that are languishing in one form of societal ills and vices or the other are all from the Niger Delta too?
Funny enough some persons like hopeathand and co that wants to be politically correct while pandering to some miserable fellows in this forum are right here applauding the stupidity of one man with a moniker he dare not expose let's know what his region looks like.

Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by incredible70(m): 12:57pm On May 18, 2016
LA wah oh So much hate on these thread
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by marv1: 1:00pm On May 18, 2016
'But I respect their women'. How do u mean?
alpontif:
If you have ever done any infrastructure project as a Contractor in the Niger Delta, You will Know that Niger Delta Youths are pathologically Lazy.....in a truly scary way.

Because they are Lazy, they want free money.

No sane industrialist will site any project in the Niger Delta, NONE.

Do you know that 90% of the Oil Spillage in the Delta is usually a result of intentional vandalism by Niger Deltans, who will then SUE Shell for Degrading their environment?

Those people are real criminals.

But I respect their women.
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by 3sha4lyf: 1:01pm On May 18, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Amaechi willingly dealt with their excesses, he cut off the means by which they extorted money and criminalized those activities. No more free money from harassing people. Amaechi was also tough on militants resulting in Ateke fleeing from River to Lagos and Sobomabo George being killed.

When the political will is there, militancy, kidnappings, extortions, cultism and laziness will be checked.

I liked your post, and I shared your post, cos I aptly agree with you. But rather than rivers people to understand this fact, they tag politics to everything. Rivers people think life should be like when Odili was in power... Share the money. Had this same conversation with my guys last week and I'm glad Dickson reechoed my thoughts on the average rivers person. In fact, there's a popular saying that the average first son in IKWERRE, perhaps Rivers State is LAZY. That's as true as saying there are 9million bicycles in Beijing, if you understand what that means.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 18, 2016
HopeAtHand:

A million likes for you. Simply because we are blessed with crude oil shouldn't becloud our creative zeal and desire for excellence. Laziness is a sin.

Our Elders will go to Oil Multinationals and negotiate 5 year Site Maintenance Contracts with them. Instead of negotiating in the GMoU on how they (Multinationals) should assess and hire qualified candidates from host communities.

The few of our kinsmen in senior management positions will not want you to come in at entry level because they want you to remain "loyal" each time they visit the village.

Later we will start crying "Yorubas have taken all our slots."

We are our own problem!

China and India did not get to where they are by "sidan look" attitude.

They worked really hard to get to where they are today. They invested in human capital developement. We musn't wait for the government to do everything for us. We should develop yourselves!

How many of our graduate youth will sacrifice a token for professional short courses in Lagos? No foresight! Go and learn from them in Lagos and come home to compete with them.

Instead my brothers will go to GRA in the evening and press (drink away) monies that should have added value to them. Afterwards, carry OPIO (Hawker) for the night and be broke the next morning. This circle continues... God!

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 18, 2016
This's a conductor and agbero in Lagos,on the other news about ladipo mkt in Lagos is there too,the fact remains that vast majority of Nigeria youths are lazy,in your term of being lazy.

The key words here is Nigeria youths,and it's a result of poor leadership in the country.

Blame it on policy makers,fact.

This's what I call the Nigeria syndrome,because you are opportune others others are lazy,I was lucky,I probably could've been counted one among the lazy.

Life is about being at the right place at the right time,many Nigerians kids have no head start in life,they solely depend on luck and miracle,so those that are unfortunate are termed lazy,if pushing truck,alabaru is the definition of hardworking,then count me out.

I was in Nigeria sometime ago,the hardship is unspeakable,many Nigerian youths are depressed,not lazy,there are huge difference between depression and lazy.the youths are not cared for.

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Truckpusher(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:

I share in your sentiments on some issues. However, I must also condemn the attitude of some of our youth.

Give them the work, they won't show up. Like I stated earlier, I went to a project site, I saw only Hausa workers. This was simply because, if they had hired our skilled artisans, they wouldn't have met the project timeline.

While our boys will be calling for better working condition, Hausa boys can hustle under any condition.

Work no dey, work no dey...Igbo boys go show PH from Umudike, position for Ikoku or Ojoto, 5 years later e go carry Highlander go for Christmas...Na for nairaland here we go dey see 5 bedroom duplex e dey build for Umudike...

Work no dey, work no dey...Yoruba boys go hang around Shell and Total gate, go there five years later e don position for one office...

I never wanted to engage your ignorant nature on this your concocted shiit load of crap you actually wasted time to pull out from your ass but with this particular comment of yours I couldn't help it but put your naivety to the dust bin of all ridiculous write-ups where it usually belong to.

You need to go back to class, dust up some books ,read them up ,digest them properly and compare the past and current political structure , politics and policy/policies of this entity called ''one Nigeria'' as it has affected the ecosystem ,the people and the value system of the Niger Delta people as well as social justice justice.

When you're done with this research and follow up on it religiously then maybe just maybe I might find you worthy enough to engage you next time you start having diarrhea of the finger.

FYI:The three major tribes of this geographical expression is a disgrace to mankind, they only succeeded in creating one of the most useless state in the Gulf Of Guinea .
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by siobh: 1:23pm On May 18, 2016
I did serve there too, talk about lazy corper i was one.
the kids werent even ready to learn anyway.
Pangea:

My brother, i served in GSS okpoama and they have even gave me NYSC Merit award for my trouble!
Those were the days
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Scholes007(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2016
asha80:
if you read "things fall apart" by Chinua achebe you would understand what the person you quoted was alluding to with the post he quoted
I knew he was refering to things fall apart, but thought he was someone i quoted earlier. Thanks for saving my a s s from a needless fight. grin grin
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 18, 2016
Truckpusher:
I never wanted to engage your ignorant nature on this your concocted shiit load of crap you actually wasted time to pull out from your ass but with this particular comment of yours I couldn't help it but put your naivety to the dust bin of all ridiculous write-ups where it usually belong to.

You need to go back to class, dust up some books ,read them up ,digest them properly and compare the past and current political structure , politics and policy/policies of this entity called ''one Nigeria'' as it has affected the ecosystem ,the people and the value system of the Niger Delta people as well as social justice justice.

When you're done with this research and follow up on it religiously then maybe just maybe I might find you worthy enough to engage you next time you start having diarrhea of the finger.

FYI:The three major tribes of this geographical expression is a disgrace to mankind, they only succeeded in creating one of the most useless state in the Gulf Of Guinea .

My guy, don't blame it on social justice or resource control

Blame it on our ignorance...We must start looking beyond oil and gas...

Because if we don't... ETCHE, OGONI, OMOKU, ABUA, etc might become ghost towns in a year or two...

Why are we killing ourselves? Why are we beheading ourselves?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by caphone: 1:28pm On May 18, 2016
Truth is bitter, this is first hand fact. Most of em engage in illegal businesses and activities, they were soo blinded by illitracy nd lack of wherewithal to make something outta their lives. The Op is on point nd kudos to the governor for saying such bitter truth. Now what if its Mr. President that spoke this?n

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by wwhale(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2016
Bio power seaweed organic fertilizer.its a dual organic fertilizer.it serves plant boosters and as food supplement for ruminent animal for both to grow stronger. healthier, and faster1000ml can take care of 1.3hectares of farm land..Nafdac approved new product from China.we are looking for distributors in Nigeria.Help yourself and stop complaining call now on 08062265532.office address No 91A third avenue gwarinpa.we also have office in Lagos and portharcourt.
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by DifferentBoy1(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
Die it.. who deh echo Rivers for this careless matter
My state is a peace loving and viable state... we are industrious.
If a Bayelsan governor talks about it's citizens, why add Rivers
Lazyness is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by martineverest(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2016
3sha4lyf:

I liked your post, and I shared your post, cos I aptly agree with you. But rather than rivers people to understand this fact, they tag politics to everything. Rivers people think life should be like when Odili was in power... Share the money. Had this same conversation with my guys last week and I'm glad Dickson reechoed my thoughts on the average rivers person. In fact, there's a popular saying that the average first son in IKWERRE, perhaps Rivers State is LAZY. That's as true as saying there are 9million bicycles in Beijing, if you understand what that means.
yet to coreelate ur last sentence with the preceeding one..........my one understanding on 'beijing bicycles' analagy is:all man for himself.be responsible for/responsive to urself
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by kerr9(f): 1:42pm On May 18, 2016
op absolutely right am in Bayelsa for the pass 6months I can practically tell u that the youth have zero attitude to work .as am typing the house opp me is full of youth who are suppose to b in the respective schools or place of work.but it a no there.very lazy set of people .I went to buy something down the street and came across some men and they called me.I went and one pick interest in me asking how I do ma thing.I told him and not from the state and I have a boyfriend He told me what if he gives me Monet to make ma hair I told him I won't compromise .he told me that if it was girls from the place they will jump at the affod.that's their mentality here the few that has the money thinks they can get any thing they want

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Silumi(f): 1:44pm On May 18, 2016
loco4love:
I DISAGREE WITH POSTER AND THIS IS WHY:

I have seen why many youths are in the dismal situation they are in today. Its not totally their fault it is the Nigerian system that contributes the most effort to make sure the youth fail. How many jobs has the federal, state, local government created for the youth who just left university and secondary school. Some of the youth could not afford to finish secondary school while Buhari can afford to send his daughter to a university in Surrey, England. Everyone is not in the same situation as you. Everyone has not been through the same experiences as you have. Everyone was not born INTO the same conditions as you were. Wake up and smell the Arabica. Don't blame victims for the crime blame the perpetrators. The perpetrators are the elitists and their goons who own the Nigerian system who call themselves: president, vice president, governor, local government chairman, dpo, police constable, politician, lecturer who fornicates with the students in the schools, etc.

Nigeria is hell and it is run by imps and demon-lovers. It makes me wonder how God-fearing folk survive everyday in Nigeria.

How long wud We continue to blame people for our problems. Its getting us no where d youths should b concerned about making somthing out of themselves instead of sitting and demanding that every thing should be handed to them. If they re waiting to be spoon fed with every single thing they re on a long thing cos no one can care for u like u can. No one cares. every man for himself in this country set goals and work to achieve them some pple ve had it hard in this life but d amounted to somthing. We ve no excuse watsoever

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 18, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Die it.. who deh echo Rivers for this careless matter
My state is a peace loving and viable state... we are industrious.
If a Bayelsan governor talks about it's citizens, why add Rivers
Lazyness is everywhere.

Yes I added Rivers because what is happening in Bayelsa is synonymous to what is happening in Rivers.

Amaechi built Songhai Farms in Ogoni, they protested that he should have built a University.

Instead of them to take the Banana plantation seriously, they'd rather pick up arms and follow Solomon Ndigbara, unleashing terror on eachother.

Amaechi also built a fish farm in Buguma, instead of them to take it seriously and churn out pisces, they'd rather pick up arms and follow Soboma George.

Why??

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Pangea: 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
siobh:
I did serve there too, talk about lazy corper i was one.
the kids werent even ready to learn anyway.

Hahaha
You people, also helped them to write waec?
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by stagger: 2:05pm On May 18, 2016
9ja4show:
How did you all come about this assumption? Just because your neigbour is a lazy man you decided to paint "most" people lazy...from the east to the west and south to north , tell me where there are no lazy people.

This must be coming from an igbo man thinking they are most industrious in nigeria because them carry you from village go learn electrical work. E-diot

This man, the OP is very correct. I am a Niger Deltan and I concur with the OP's postulations 100%. OUR YOUTHS ARE LAZY! I have lived in Rivers state, Bayelsa, Edo state, Anambra State, Lagos, etc. Who are the real workers and hustlers? It was in Lagos I first knew that the average Northern youth is very hardworking. Go there now. Who are the people riding bikes and working on construction projects?

I don't want to start talking of what I have seen with my own eyes living in the Niger Delta. In my own place, kai kai and baby papa/baby mama syndrome is the order of the day. If the men are not looking for the latest addition to the baby mama list, they are quaffing hard liquor and akpeteshi. Imagine one day I drove round my village at 11 am and I saw close to 20 able-bodied young men like me just sitting in the village square drinking. Meanwhile the women are busy farming. One day, I was driving to the village with my wife in the evening and I asked her to count the number of women and men returning from the farm. She counted close to 50 women returning from the farm over a 15-minute period before we saw an old man riding by.

Tell me, is such a society not on the edge of ruin? And you wonder why people would rather become militants and kidnappers than do anything else?

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by Truckpusher(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:

My guy, don't blame it on social justice or resource control

Blame it on our ignorance...We must start looking beyond oil and gas...

Because if we don't... ETCHE, OGONI, OMOKU, ABUA, etc might become ghost towns in a year or two...

Why are we killing ourselves? Why are we beheading ourselves?
Like I said you lack proper understanding to as why things are the way they are sometimes in every human society yet in one useless article you said and I quote '' Most of our youth, particularly the uneducated are not ready to work'' 'Most' could mean 99.9%.

Please before you come out here to make a mockery of yourself do some fact finding.You're even confused by talking about resource control ,where did I mention anything that has to do with resource control in my response to your half baked fallacy that was meant for the feeble minds who doubles as parasites in the Nigerian state who would say or listen to any tales of evil about the people of the Niger Delta in the face of looming economic hardship and fuel scarcity. grin

We have already looked beyond oil else we would be at war with the treacherous parasitic regions that are clapping for you for calling out your own people like you claimed which I doubt with every blood in my vein that you're from the Niger Delta.

Listen , you need education and a lot of it too.
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by 9ja4show: 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
stagger:

This man, the OP is very correct. I am a Niger Deltan and I concur with the OP's postulations 100%. OUR YOUTHS ARE LAZY! I have lived in Rivers state, Bayelsa, Edo state, Anambra State, Lagos, etc. Who are the real workers and hustlers? It was in Lagos I first knew that the average Northern youth is very hardworking. Go there now. Who are the people riding bikes and working on construction projects?

I don't want to start talking of what I have seen with my own eyes living in the Niger Delta. In my own place, kai kai and baby papa/baby mama syndrome is the order of the day. If the men are not looking for the latest addition to the baby mama list, they are quaffing hard liquor and akpeteshi. Imagine one day I drove round my village at 11 am and I saw close to 20 able-bodied young men like me just sitting in the village square drinking. Meanwhile the women are busy farming. One day, I was driving to the village with my wife in the evening and I asked her to count the number of women and men returning from the farm. She counted close to 50 women returning from the farm over a 15-minute period before we saw an old man riding by.

Tell me, is such a society not on the edge of ruin? And you wonder why people would rather become militants and kidnappers than do anything else?

Because you went to the village, your head was telling you everyone is lazy; my friend run along and stop deceiving yourself, maybe the people in your village are lazy
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by greatmen: 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
greatmen:
My bro your right in some areas but you forget the headquarters of these multinationals aren't even located in that region the so called house boys and yoruba boys have connect from HQ if you talk of NNPC the same thing local content in Bayelsa few rivers and Delta folks work there , carry your cv go local content gate na insults you go get, Idea you have recommendation from God's knows who, now let's talk about the pib policy which the present administration cancelled, great minds put that bill in place that would have been a fair playing field for this region ( PIB Bill) find out about it
b
MyPWisINCORRECT:

My bro your right in some areas but you forget the headquarters of these multinationals aren't even located in that region the so called house h boys and yoruba boys have connect from HQ if you talk of NNPC the same thing local content in Bayelsa few rivers and Delta folks work there , carry your cv go local content gate na insults you go get, Idea you have recommendation from God's knows who, now let's talk about the pib policy which the present administration cancelled, great minds put that bill in place that would have been a fair playing field for this region ( PIB Bill) find out about it
Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by HopeAtHand: 2:15pm On May 18, 2016
Truckpusher:
All I can see on this thread are hardworking Igbo,Yoruba ,Hausa and Middle belt youths living the life they deserve and churning out great results while the Niger Delta youths are the scum of the earth (Nigeria), drinking every damn bottle being brewed in the country, while killing themselves.

One thing I love about self acclaimed ''better than you mentality/attitude'' is simply the fact that the one who makes the most noise is probably the one with the most useless set of lifestyle but in one erroneous rushed judgement to feel good they usually continue with their foolishness by labeling others whatever they feel.

The thousands of youths across Nigeria that are languishing in one form of societal ills and vices or the other are all from the Niger Delta too?
Funny enough some persons like hopeathand and co that wants to be politically correct while pandering to some miserable fellows in this forum are right here applauding the stupidity of one man with a moniker he dare not expose let's know what his region looks like.

Yeye dey smell

Wike should stop the senseless killings in your LGA, else we would declare state of emergency in Rivers.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by 2livescrew: 2:21pm On May 18, 2016
OP well done for your articulate write up.Its just a matter of time before we start seeing the result of youths that believes so much in guns and drugs,its obvious that some will come here to attack you for saying the truth but what are we really doing for ourselves,when the youths in other part of the country are striving towards perfection we are busy annihilating ourselves.Most of our supposedly leaders are part of this shenanigans instead of them creating employment they ended up giving them free money as amnesty stipends thereby glorifying criminality in the region.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by stagger: 2:23pm On May 18, 2016
9ja4show:

Because you went to the village, your head was telling you everyone is lazy; my friend run along and stop deceiving yourself, maybe the people in your village are lazy

I spent 30 years of my life living in the Niger Delta. I have businesses there even till now. You cannot teach me about a region I come from which I know with the back of my hand. People like you live in self-deceit. There was an election in Bayelsa this year. Were you even there to know how it played out? Please go and pick up your brain wherever you left it and travel round the region. And never you address me personally on this issue. Abi you chop craze?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Yes I added Rivers because what is happening in Bayelsa is synonymous to what is happening in Rivers.

Amaechi built Songhai Farms in Ogoni, they protested that he should have built a University.

Instead of them to take the Banana plantation seriously, they'd rather pick up arms and follow Solomon Ndigbara, unleashing terror on eachother.

Amaechi also built a fish farm in Buguma, instead of them to take it seriously and churn out pisces, they'd rather pick up arms and follow Soboma George.

Why??

Forget that.. .. . touts are everywhere and to be honest, the south south metropolis is with the lowest ratio so far.
The Yorubas were touts since time immemorial and up till date, no geopolitical zone passes them in that.
The name "agbero" that we generalise to touts, is from yoruba.
No single state in nigeria has touts as compared to lagos.
Have you ever heard of touts clashing with marketers or any group in rivers as you always do in lagos
Anybody terming us as lazy people is just a tribalist who knows no love for rivers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Daughter, Zahra Gushes Over Husband On Birthday (Photo) / NIMC Workers Begin Strike / Polls: Don’t Tamper With Results, clark, Adebanjo, Others Warn INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.