Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari (20585 Views)

"Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / "Beef Up Security Around Osinbajo" - Fasehun / Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over- Fashehun Blasts PMB!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 17, 2016
The founder and President of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) and National Chairman of the Unity Party Of Nigeria (UPN0 Dr Frederick Fasehun has said that since the coming of the new administration of President Muhammadu Buhari Nigeria has degenerated and that the the change the APC government promised was having a negative effect as Nigeria’s domestic issues has been amplified and magnified negatively.

Fasehun made this known during a press conference Tuesday in Lagos.

Below are text of the press conference

‘FUEL HIKE AND OTHER MATTERS’
Gentlemen of the Press:
It is out of the depth of concern for our beloved country that we have invited you to this Press Conference.

If truth be told, the last one year of the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari and the All People’s Congress (APC), has witnessed unprecedented change, in line with the CHANGE mantra of the current ruling party that used to be the opposition party. Unfortunately, the change so far has headed downhill, with Nigeria having her domestic issues amplified and magnified negatively.

The Naira is at its all-time low. Inflation has spiralled to an all-time high. When Buhari took over last year, a sachet of pure water went for N5, but now it sells for between N10 and N15. The Nigerian Naira has diminished among world currencies.

As against N205 in the parallel market when Buhari took over on May 29, 2015, the Naira today exchanges for N385 against $1, and N505 against £1. Importers are starved of foreign exchange. Nigeria has never had it this bad.

Worse still is that the petroleum industry/commodity which supplies the available foreign exchange is on the official counter being starved of foreign exchange to import products for local consumption.

There is famine in the land. How can tomato sell at N100 per fruit, 1,000 percent rise above its price last year? How can rice jump from N10,000 last year to N14,000 currently? N200 paint-bucket measure of garri is now N600? Yet our leaders pretend that all is well.

Mr. President, don’t let your advisers deceive you; Nigeria has degenerated since you took over; the lives of Nigerians are harder; living standards have fallen.

Slowly and gradually, we have witnessed the expansion of the theatre of violence beyond Boko Haram in the North-East to the rampant Fulani herdsmen attacks in the Middle-Belt, South-South, South-West and South-East. Militants have staged a resurgence of hostilities and pipeline vandalism in the Niger-Delta. From nowhere less than the Presidency comes the startling revelation that Nigeria is suffering invasion from mercenaries displaced from war-torn Libya.

The fact that the President is a Fulani by birth therefore no one will begrudge him if he shows some tilt towards his Fulani background, but not at the expense of other Nigerians. That Fulani herdsmen carrying AK47 rifles will openly brandish their weapons in the midst of innocent Nigerians sends a signal of the superiority of a class of people not authorised to bear weapons.

On the international scene, Nigeria has been dressed with the toga of FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT COUNTRY and our President has officially agreed.

Everyone knows that corruption in Nigeria defies partisanship; yet the impression one gets is that APC is a safe haven for corrupt politicians. Everyone in APC is being sheltered from prosecution despite extant investigations indicting APC chieftains, some of whom are in the President’s cabinet.

Meanwhile, Mr. President is playing cowboy, riding his anti-corruption horse against one part of the field, showing interest in roping and silencing members of the opposition. But every democracy needs a strong opposition. That President Goodluck Jonathan allowed the opposition to flourish may be his greatest undoing, but it also succeeded in strengthening and deepening our democracy, making it a model for developing nations. President Buhari must give the opposition breathing space and allow opposition to flourish for the benefit of Nigeria’s democracy.

In the financial sector, new and strange bank charges are making nonsense of savings. Even at the stock exchange, investments have become dwindled and grossly devalued. Unemployment has risen. Job losses in the usually rosy banking industry, the capital market and the oil industry have become rampant and inflicted these sectors with job insecurity and company closures.

The Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) completely supports the call by the civil society groups and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) that government must revert to the old pump price of N86.50 or face a national strike beginning from Wednesday. Demonstrations and strikes are the people’s constitutional right and, if the government fails to do the needful, the people shall exercise that right from Wednesday as we did the Jonathan government in 2014.

OPC will be part of the strike. And OPC urges Nigerians to join the strike. This strike may be our last opportunity to speak to power. It must not fail or else Nigeria and the Buhari regime are doomed to years of misrule and failure.

Meanwhile, we seize this opportunity to tell the police and other security forces to avoid being used as instruments of oppression and coercion against the Nigerian people. Throughout the duration of the strikes and demonstrations, the Inspector General of Police and the Service Chiefs must ensure that no single case of shooting, tear-gassing, harassment, intimidation or arrest of peaceful demonstrators occurs.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press: Thank you for your attention

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/nigeria-has-degenerated-since-you-took-over-fasehun-tells-buhari/

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by pendusky(m): 10:02pm On May 17, 2016
Where are Zombies? food is ready!

When I said

"Buhari is not a better candidate for Nigeria" the likes of

www.Nairaland.com/sagamite

were against me, calling me all sort of names, today the economic situation has affected him that he hardly get 100naita to get free 10mb from MTN, "His last seen 5th April"

toeven the blind man and deaf can tell u how hard life is presently.

Every one in my office who supported this man last year is now shouting

"He's incompetent"

We wanted him to fight corruption? leaving economic situation to rotten? employment?

Taking Nigerians as fools?, wake up and tell a junior minister to announced increment in fuel pump price without proper nationwide broadcast to inform us, and why they did?

During campaign, I went tru my old boy library to read the news watch of 80's and his government was nothing to write home about.

NB:

Its not even a year since he took over.

Are we going to endure like this till 2019?

grin grin

Over to you zombies, let's hear what you have to say.

164 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 17, 2016
I love this piece. I am not brainwashed, my senses are alert.

Nigeria is falling apart . 2015 US prediction.Feels like a more likely story.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 17, 2016
KillerFrost:
The founder and President of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) and National Chairman of the Unity Party Of Nigeria (UPN0 Dr Frederick Fasehun has said that since the coming of the new administration of President Muhammadu Buhari Nigeria has degenerated and that the the change the APC government promised was having a negative effect as Nigeria’s domestic issues has been amplified and magnified negatively.

Fasehun made this known during a press conference Tuesday in Lagos.

Below are text of the press conference

‘FUEL HIKE AND OTHER MATTERS’
Gentlemen of the Press:
It is out of the depth of concern for our beloved country that we have invited you to this Press Conference.

If truth be told, the last one year of the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari and the All People’s Congress (APC), has witnessed unprecedented change, in line with the CHANGE mantra of the current ruling party that used to be the opposition party. Unfortunately, the change so far has headed downhill, with Nigeria having her domestic issues amplified and magnified negatively.

The Naira is at its all-time low. Inflation has spiralled to an all-time high. When Buhari took over last year, a sachet of pure water went for N5, but now it sells for between N10 and N15. The Nigerian Naira has diminished among world currencies.

As against N205 in the parallel market when Buhari took over on May 29, 2015, the Naira today exchanges for N385 against $1, and N505 against £1. Importers are starved of foreign exchange. Nigeria has never had it this bad.

Worse still is that the petroleum industry/commodity which supplies the available foreign exchange is on the official counter being starved of foreign exchange to import products for local consumption.

There is famine in the land. How can tomato sell at N100 per fruit, 1,000 percent rise above its price last year? How can rice jump from N10,000 last year to N14,000 currently? N200 paint-bucket measure of garri is now N600? Yet our leaders pretend that all is well.

Mr. President, don’t let your advisers deceive you; Nigeria has degenerated since you took over; the lives of Nigerians are harder; living standards have fallen.
Slowly and gradually, we have witnessed the expansion of the theatre of violence beyond Boko Haram in the North-East to the rampant Fulani herdsmen attacks in the Middle-Belt, South-South, South-West and South-East. Militants have staged a resurgence of hostilities and pipeline vandalism in the Niger-Delta. From nowhere less than the Presidency comes the startling revelation that Nigeria is suffering invasion from mercenaries displaced from war-torn Libya.

The fact that the President is a Fulani by birth therefore no one will begrudge him if he shows some tilt towards his Fulani background, but not at the expense of other Nigerians. That Fulani herdsmen carrying AK47 rifles will openly brandish their weapons in the midst of innocent Nigerians sends a signal of the superiority of a class of people not authorised to bear weapons.

On the international scene, Nigeria has been dressed with the toga of FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT COUNTRY and our President has officially agreed.

Everyone knows that corruption in Nigeria defies partisanship; yet the impression one gets is that APC is a safe haven for corrupt politicians. Everyone in APC is being sheltered from prosecution despite extant investigations indicting APC chieftains, some of whom are in the President’s cabinet.

Meanwhile, Mr. President is playing cowboy, riding his anti-corruption horse against one part of the field, showing interest in roping and silencing members of the opposition. But every democracy needs a strong opposition. That President Goodluck Jonathan allowed the opposition to flourish may be his greatest undoing, but it also succeeded in strengthening and deepening our democracy, making it a model for developing nations. President Buhari must give the opposition breathing space and allow opposition to flourish for the benefit of Nigeria’s democracy.

In the financial sector, new and strange bank charges are making nonsense of savings. Even at the stock exchange, investments have become dwindled and grossly devalued. Unemployment has risen. Job losses in the usually rosy banking industry, the capital market and the oil industry have become rampant and inflicted these sectors with job insecurity and company closures.

T[b]he Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) completely supports the call by the civil society groups and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) that government must revert to the old pump price of N86.50 or face a national strike beginning from Wednesday. Demonstrations and strikes are the people’s constitutional right and, if the government fails to do the needful, the people shall exercise that right from Wednesday as we did the Jonathan government in 2014.[/b]

OPC will be part of the strike. And OPC urges Nigerians to join the strike. This strike may be our last opportunity to speak to power. It must not fail or else Nigeria and the Buhari regime are doomed to years of misrule and failure.

Meanwhile, we seize this opportunity to tell the police and other security forces to avoid being used as instruments of oppression and coercion against the Nigerian people. Throughout the duration of the strikes and demonstrations, the Inspector General of Police and the Service Chiefs must ensure that no single case of shooting, tear-gassing, harassment, intimidation or arrest of peaceful demonstrators occurs.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press: Thank you for your attention

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/nigeria-has-degenerated-since-you-took-over-fasehun-tells-buhari/

Cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 seun
[
[

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by aljharem(m): 10:06pm On May 17, 2016
A man left government a year ago, his image still loom larger than life. Another came a year ago, everything he touched turned to dust!

In the realm of hypothesis, many said we would have been worse! I ask, what can be worse than this? A government run by NEOPHYTES and APPRENTICES? No economic policies in place.

Today, I am not convinced on devaluation. Next day, we will devalue to reflect present reality. Just before you think there is hope, you hear deregulation where government fixes prices of a commodity they can't provide. In another breath, oh, thank God we have removed subsidy on petroleum products. Just before you Erupt hope, the Vice president said we have not removed subsidy.

They banned the operation of domiciliary accounts and just as you say mama, they reversed themselves with unpardonable collateral
damage to commerce. Their broomstick must have swept their brains into the 'odo ogun'!

Nigeria is no doubt an animal farm!

Akanni Ola Balogun

180 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by dunkem21(m): 10:10pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Pidggin(f): 10:11pm On May 17, 2016
grin Buhari/APC go soon blame Jonathan for this

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Leboska(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2016
buhari is a curse. since he came in the glory of Nigeria has departed. he destroys anything he touches. the last time he promised jobs millions lost their jobs, companies began to park up.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by incomintop: 10:22pm On May 17, 2016
The president is so divisive and incompetent
He his busy going around begging Niger delta leaders like wike and Jonathan to passify the militants

He has course so much disunity in nigeria just today alone Benue governor said he don't want to see fulani in Benue state and Igbo fighting Yoruba in ladipo market

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by MeanChris(m): 10:24pm On May 17, 2016
It’s almost one year since the Buhari led Apc government took over power. It seems like it was just yesterday.. how time flies. From where I’m standing, I can boldly say nothing is working yet. The economy is down, unemployment rate is still the same cause everybody I know that was jobless last year is still jobless now, even the ones I know have a job are living as if they are jobless. One man made a joke that he wants fuel to continue selling at #250 because even if it sells at #80, he still wouldn’t have money to buy so its better everybody complain and he hides under that.

Power is still the same yet the tariff has increased leading some well meaning Nigerians into crime by tampering with their meters and hiding away from NEPA. Yea its NEPA.. even the next four generations in Nigeria will still know them as NEPA.

Security is nothing to write home about. Though it is a relative case because someone who lives in Asokoro, cannot be compared to someone who lives in Agatu. Some demons have been on the loose rampaging across the country. There are so many theories about them but the surprising thing is that the government has failed to acknowledge any of them or give their own opinion about the demons.

On the issue of corruption, what can I say? One thing we should understand is that the devil rules the world and if you don’t associate with or tolerate the devil, life will be hell for you. Our C in C vied for the seat of presidency and lost for three consecutive times, reason being that he believed he’s a saint who doesn’t need to associate with sinners. In 2015, he dined with the sinners and the sinners got him the presidency. Whether the president is witch hunting or fighting corruption, we should understand that there are sacred cows already and if the president should return to his saintly ways then he should prepare for 2019.

The complaint I have about the fight against corruption is that for one year now, the government has jailed no one. We hear of billions and millions returned everyday but no jail case. Left for Nigerians, those corrupt scapegoats should be brought to a square and stoned to death, so it will be something of joy if Nigerians see some of them in Kuje, Kirikiri and the likes.

On the issue of Biafra, it is a reality that Biafra or whatever name the new country will bear will surely come someday because Nigeria is not working. We are a country of 180 million so vastly diverse people. So if it doesn’t happen today or in this generation, it will still happen. I don’t personally know Nnamdi Kanu nor have I heard any of his messages to be convinced and I am not so keen to know so I have nothing to say about his crusade. One thing I know for sure is that the Nigerian government is making him a hero without knowing it. The more time he remains in prison, on trial or whatever they claim they are keeping him for, the more support he gets and the more interesting his story will become when he finally comes out. So the advice from my little voice is that the government should act wisely.

After all said and done, a voice inside me keeps telling me that things will get better and I seriously want to believe it. So friends and passersby, let’s keep our hope alive and wish well for our country because if the government fails then our country fails and we fail. My prayer is that God will give the C in C wisdom, understanding and knowledge to rule our dear nation well for the remaining three years of his tenure, so help us God.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by wordychap: 10:30pm On May 17, 2016
How I wish buhari would read this!
But I know he wouldn't, those surrounding him will keep feeding him what he wants to hear while Nigeria deteriorates.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by otukpo(f): 10:31pm On May 17, 2016
Nigeria has become hell on earth in the last one year.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 17, 2016
Buhari has failed just after one year in office...
Even those I know that campaigned for him,has lost their voice...

APC where is thy shame..

Meanwhile,this is what hardship can cause grin

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by stevecantrell: 11:23pm On May 17, 2016
All Zombies are equal but some zombies are more equal than others...

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by FagsamPHP(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2016
Buhari is a Dullard!!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Abeymills(m): 1:03am On May 18, 2016
Bubuhari is d worst evil dat presides over nigeria better described as mr confusionist mr failure mr hypocricy mr probaganda he jst like blood nigeria has so badly poorly in all front as a nation under his misrule yeye govt

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by eyeview: 1:16am On May 18, 2016
Am afraid of what this nation will look like by 2019 at this rate.
I believe that rather than further deteoriation till 2019,let this man die for the nation to live and bounce back.

Just like his govt of 1983-85,God cursed him with that 'magic touch'. Anything he touches dies.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by babadee1(m): 1:20am On May 18, 2016
Isn't this the same old man that was begging Buhari to pay him the millions of dollars promised to him by GEJ some time ago? Obviously PMB didn't agree to pay and now it's payback time. What a pity.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by eyeview: 1:23am On May 18, 2016
babadee1:
Isn't this the same old man that was begging Buhari to pay him the millions of dollars promised to him by GEJ some time ago? Obviously PMB didn't agree to pay and now it's payback time. What a pity.
Is that how you reason issues?
Okay,remove the messenger and ask yourself if the message are lies?
Its a pity that there are still daft people like you left who will politisize even the truth before you.
Any mature mind will look at the issues raised but I guess you are not one

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 2:00am On May 18, 2016
babadee1:
bros.. What are you saying now?... This stuff you typed.. Does it change the fact that he's saying the truth?.. When will you people open your eyes and speak reality as it is... Probably when a cup of garri sells for #500..right?.. Nonsense undecided

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Stalwert: 2:55am On May 18, 2016
But when Jogogoro the chief promoter of stealing is not corruption was ruining the country while sharing our wealth with lazy militant bodies like opc and tomthief he was doing well shay? You people should know unprecedented corruption leaves behind unprecedented suffering.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by ebiboy2(m): 4:40am On May 18, 2016
we told them, we warned them. we told them we've seen the movie of the old general before but they wouldn't listen.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by focus7: 4:46am On May 18, 2016
Fasheun is an elder without dignity. He would have preffered that the mumu phd of corruption Jonathan remain in leadership as long as he's getting illegal contract to secure pipeline even if that one is sinking Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by okezed: 5:03am On May 18, 2016
when they betrayed the just man they thought doing themselves good. kama welcome!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:29am On May 18, 2016
Stalwert:
But when Jogogoro the chief promoter of stealing is not corruption was ruining the country while sharing our wealth with lazy militant bodies like opc and tomthief he was doing well shay? You people should know unprecedented corruption leaves behind unprecedented suffering.
I thought buhari was you people's so called "Messiah".... Shouldn't things be turning around?... Rather than going from bad to worse? undecided

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by stevecantrell: 6:40am On May 18, 2016
KillerFrost:
I thought buhari was you people's so called "Messiah".... Shouldn't things be turning around?... Rather than going from bad to worse? undecided

I never believed he was a messiah but a Janitor. As it turns out, hes only piled new rubbish on old trash.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by mandax: 6:54am On May 18, 2016
Lol, for the Zombie Sai Buharis, it is only when crude oil money stops coming from the Niger delta that hey will agree that Nigeria has degenerated under Buhari.
But for now, Fasheun is not making sense for the zombies.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by Stalwert: 7:00am On May 18, 2016
KillerFrost:

unprecedented corruption leaves behind unprecedented suffering
Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by MARKone(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2016
Kindly Attempt all Questions.

Question 9 carries 50 points.

If GEJ is a constant, while APC is variable, and if
1year has been used for blaming; With the aid of
a diagram,

1. Discuss the probability of of APC blaming GEJ
for the next 3 years for,
i. Dollar increase
ii. Fuel price increase.

2. If APC = all promises cancelled, where PMB is
a constant, discuss the speed at which peoples'
suffering may increase.

3. Define the term, 'Budget padding'.

4. Mention 3 types of APC propaganda you know,
and how they can be used in the 21st century
politics.

5. Mention five prisoners you know that were
fed with N14,000 a day.

6. Mention the next 3 countries PMB will travel
to after London.

7. Write short notes on these mad phrases:
i. masquerade dressing.
ii. importation of grass.
iii. pencil production by 2017.

8. If x is chanji, and y is lies/propaganda, solve
the equation, 2x + 5y = ?

9. If you used to be corrupt but now
fantastically corrupt. Explain the effect of gravitational force on you.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by DaMotivator(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2016
end time degeneration things oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Degenerated Since You Took Over-fasehun Tells Buhari by demarc001: 10:32am On May 18, 2016
Plain truth

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sadik Adam Resumes As NHIS Acting Executive Secretary / If We Have Weapons, Nigerian Army Can't Face Us - Shiites / I Will Be Governor In November – Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.