Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? (6855 Views)

If It Was GEJ. / Was GEJ A Prophet To Have Made This Realistic Statement? / If U Knew Things Would Turn Out Like This, Would U Have Voted Out Gej? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by mekaboy(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2016
Hengineer:
With the 'balance' of GEj, what did he reduce Nigeria to as soon as oil prices began to crash?

Being a person who's desperate to nail buhari, you will certainly not understand this little concept, but investors dont take their moneys to a place where money isnt flowing. Even with the difficulty to do business in Nigeria and the overwhelming fantastic corruption, the only reason those portfolio investors were running in was because there was so much money flowing in the Nigerian system, courtesy of the unprecedented high oil prices in those years.

"NO MONEY, NO FRIEND" I'm sure we are all familiar with that statement?... but you are free to keep putting the blame on PMB, someone just has to be blamed and PMB is the best target being the president. But this does not xhange the fact that any comparison between the present recession and the past admin which doesnt take into consideration, the oil prices and the fact that nigeria producez only oil, such comparison is meaningless bullcrap.

If you want to Base your argument on oil price, then I am glad to tell u that the govt of today feeds fatter than that of Gej at a lower oil price.
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:08pm On May 19, 2016
RichDad1:
Let me help you with few : Incompetency Lack of political will to fight corruption Too much whiskey Handing over of the nation's treasury to Vultures He's don fortunato Inability to control his wife from making reckless utterances A man that can't keep promises.{ 1 term should be 1 term}
Brb
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:11pm On May 19, 2016
ABOVE ALL " HE IS FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT"
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by Toosure70: 6:15pm On May 19, 2016
because is not good to have mumu as leader twice

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2016
Toosure70:
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by mekaboy(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2016
Toosure70:

Figures now show that Nigeria did well under the mum than the Solomon govt.
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by PaulkillermanAg(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2016
Hengineer:
You know you didnt have to insult me with those very distasteful words to pass your simple message right?... I wasnt the one who made you a black man, I am not the one blowing up the pipelines and I am equally irked, frustrated and infuriated by the activities of the miscreants who have sworn to keep Nigerians in darkness. So why on earth did you have to insult me so badly?

We are only here to air our views I believe, and like I said, the issue of continually blowing up gas pipelines and interrupting gas supply to power stations is one problem which has totally defied logical explanation. And it has apparently increased lately with different criminal groups threatening and making strange demands like the release of Dasuki etc. You cant blame me for attributing its recent upsurge to politics.
. Brother I never insulted you. I only wrote, " it makes u seem" never said you were... Please get that ... I never insulted and never will...
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by Hengineer: 8:44pm On May 19, 2016
mekaboy:

If you want to Base your argument on oil price, then I am glad to tell u that the govt of today feeds fatter than that of Gej at a lower oil price.
Smh!
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by Adminisher: 5:17am On May 20, 2016
mekaboy:

Listen oil price is not the reason we r buying dollars for 350 in the parallel market.

1, the time buhari spent in forming his cabinet.

2, lack of planning and foresight of his economic team.

3, His stubbornness, refusal to take the right steps at the right time.

Eg. if he has listened to sound economic reasoning from the beginning and allowed complete deregulation of petrol. Speculation would not have taken over the market.
He refuses to do the right thing and when it has caused a lot of damage he turns around to do it.

Same will be done to the currency soon.

He said there is nothing like subsidy and that subsidy is a fraud, how come he is paying more than Gej?

So the current reason for this is mismanagement and not solely oil price.

This is exactly why Buhari will win second term. You always after to worry about the masses if you are taking decisions as President. A President is actually a member of the rolling class that the lower classes have voted for in the majority. When a president is meeting with Dan gone and Otedola and they are talking, he is the one who pushes jobs, education, security et.c
A president cannot be too slow to take harmful decisions. More importantly DEVALUATION and SUBSIDY REMOVAL would not have worked if you did not tackle CORRUPTION first which is what he has been doing
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by mekaboy(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2016
Adminisher:

This is exactly why Buhari will win second term. You always after to worry about the masses if you are taking decisions as President. A President is actually a member of the rolling class that the lower classes have voted for in the majority. When a president is meeting with Dan gone and Otedola and they are talking, he is the one who pushes jobs, education, security et.c
A president cannot be too slow to take harmful decisions. More importantly DEVALUATION and SUBSIDY REMOVAL would not have worked if you did not tackle CORRUPTION first which is what he has been doing

How is he tackling it?
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by babadee1(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2016
You can't be serious to be comparing Russia, a regional and global superpower to Nigeria. Why don't you research what is going on in Venezuela, a more appropriate country for your comparative analysis and then get back to me.

By the way oil and gas makes up only 16% of the total GDP of Russia, in Venezuela it makes up a huge 50% of their total GDP. You know the percentage of Nigeria's total GDP that is oil based? Only 11%. That is how you know Nigeria will eventually come out of this alright. Even if we lose all of our oil revenues our economy will ultimately adapt.

(Source: World Development Indicators, World Bank 2014.)

dlox147:

Russia's shares common problems with Nigeria;
*its economy is also dependent on export of oil and gas.
*it's country is also plagued with corruption.
*Russia is facing unrest with its neighbours, Ukraine
*Russia is battling sanctions from the west and USA and Nigeria is obviously not.
*it's weather and climate is comparatively bad with that of Nigeria.
*it's currency is sliding against the dollar.
*it's stock market have seen investor exit.

With the above and many more this is the current state of russia

So Nigeria and the APC led govt have No excuse!
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by dlox147(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
babadee1:
You can't be serious to be comparing Russia, a regional and global superpower to Nigeria. Why don't you research what is going on in Venezuela, a more appropriate country for your comparative analysis and then get back to me.

By the way oil and gas makes up only 16% of the total GDP of Russia, in Venezuela it makes up a huge 50% of their total GDP. You know the percentage of Nigeria's total GDP that is oil based? Only 11%. That is how you know Nigeria will eventually come out of this alright. Even if we lose all of our oil revenues our economy will ultimately adapt.

(Source: World Development Indicators, World Bank 2014.)

i was clear when I said foreign export! oil and gas export contributes about 14% and 16%Nigeria's and Russia's GDP respectively.
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by mekaboy(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2016
Adminisher:

I am sure that those who have lost their jobs, businesses that collapsed, unemployed youths, families of those killed by herdsmen, those loosing billions in stock market , those who cant afrord fuel for car and gen, those paying much for daekness etc will vote him in 2019
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by Abagworo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Corruption, impunity and mismanagement of our funds. He wasn't fit to be a President. What he and his allies were doing was declaring anybody not in support of his 2015 election bid as an enemy and collecting money directly from our treasury to share among themselves. Presidency is not Ariaria market sellers association.
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by mekaboy(m): 11:29am On Nov 23, 2018
The need to ask this question again is here as elections draw near.

Unemployment - over 11 million jobs lost

Insecurity - bokoharam and herdsmen taken to the next level.

Fuel - from 96- 145

Electricity-'still at 6420 GEJ left it

Corruption - rated higher under buhari

Unity - divided by nepotism

Infrastructure -commissioning GEJs project

Rule of law- total disregard

Health- travels abroad for treatment

Transparency- spending without approval
Re: Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2018
Nigeria was simply not ready for a civilised Democrat!

Plus GEJ is a minority tribesman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Prove INEC’s Rigging Plan, APC Asks Wike / Japanese Citizens Join Ipob In Protest For Buahris Prosecution / Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.