Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths (22931 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by IamSpeakdaTruth: 9:38am On May 20, 2016
Do dey have any security in place if d army leaves? D answer is no
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by gbishman: 9:38am On May 20, 2016
Faceless cowards who call themselves Ijaw group be bold enough to send forward a spokes man rather then speak out from your crevices
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by YourFatherYansh: 9:38am On May 20, 2016
talk2macs:

Curse be upon the day you were concieved
One of the Basta.rds conceived via the mixture of spermatozoa and some little drops of crude oil to experimentally determine life without blood am talking abt.,,,...Idio.t
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Emade(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2016
that is what happen when you bomb pipe lines and thinking that it is the Federal government that will suffer
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by maasoap(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2016
2dugged:
any sensible person would know that the army can only be classified as uniformed and commissioned thugs,harassment of innocent citizens is not new even Fela was a victim, abuse of power is their trade mark, I for one know how they go about in their uniforms and guns intimidating innocent citizens just because they feel they are bloody civilians, if you have had an encounter with a soldier, then you will understand the plight of this people
Yes, you are right, we all know that to be true. It happened in the North East, heaven didn't fall. I can still remember the satellite images of the destruction of Baga town in the North East by NA as released by Amnesty International, lives and properties destroyed completely in the dead of the night. But what do you suggest FG should do when some miscreants are blowing up oil and gas pipelines?
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by laprince(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2016
rantmoniker:
Our land, our Oil na wash. A community that is trying to cripple the economy of a whole country now cries that soldiers should not cripple the local markets. Innocent will suffer when parents fail to train their children.

But, if the government is responsible, they should know that this people are not the only ones that can sustain our economy.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by YourFatherYansh: 9:41am On May 20, 2016
laprince:

you are not diplomatic one bit.
F.uck diplomacy.....who e epp undecided
Diplomacy with bunch of riff raffs my ass
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:41am On May 20, 2016
WASMOG:
I don't know why ijaw people are complaining about military presence in there community why don't u people allow them do there work assist them in searching for those cabals or are u ppl defending the NDA

think u are calling for war make any attempt to stop military and see how ur generation will be wiped off

God bless NA
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

Who invited them in the first place. Action = Reaction remember?
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by VocalWalls: 9:42am On May 20, 2016
prettytasha:
u can take your lab kits to nano and confirm yourself

Only if you can forward a basket of tomatoes my way.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2016
we are so much divided than we are united in dis country.
Tribalism.
political affiliation.
Religion.
Social class.
has bin the balm of an average Nigerian reasoning.
we shall we speak with one voice as a nation?
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by joseph1013: 9:46am On May 20, 2016
uncjay:

While innocent people are continuously victimize, suffering untold hardship because of federal govt. actions abi?

Pls any evidence to back up what ur friend told you?

[b]While I will never be a part of human rights violations, sometimes something gotta give. If these guys' actions is causing blackout across the country and groups in the Delta are constantly seen daring the government by blowing up huge pipelines supply gas to power stations and cutting our crude oil supply to the international market, with the poor technical skills of our military in crisis combat, then it is not a surprise to me that these things would happen.

Here are national newspapers reporting about the hostile behaviour of the indigenes to developments in the area:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/13/three-oil-flow-stations-threatened-as-niger-delta-communities-fight-saipem-2/
https://sites.bemidjistate.edu/arpejournal/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/11/v9n1-hamilton.pdf
https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/files/chathamhouse/public/Research/Africa/bpnigerdelta.pdf

Consider a state like Bayelsa. It gets the highest allocation in the country and has about the smallest population in the country, why is the state government owing salaries? Why is it arguably the most backward state south of the Niger?[/b]
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Charly68: 9:46am On May 20, 2016
As long as you won't allow peace to reign,Army must occupy your territory ..if you can't teach your children then the Govt has the duty to help you teach them in a hard way. Where are the elders in that part of the nation..failure to speak the truth to their children will be devastating on the masses . Let the soldiers be !
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Obidonreal: 9:50am On May 20, 2016
The military men are just doing what they ought to do. Their duty is to protect lives and properties as well as curbing crime However, they shouldn't impose strict measures on the people.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by moyakz(m): 9:51am On May 20, 2016
[quote author=YourFatherYansh post=45792042]Just of recent am beginning to take interest in this people of Niger delta...how myopic an shallow can diz guys be.l undecided.........culd it be the fumes frm crude oil exploration and refinning dat might have displaced d nerve responsible for reasoning in their system....?

An ultimatum to release the youths u gave right?......Am not in position to say whether the arrest is justifiable or not. ..........but one tin i have come to realize is that most people from that region are cursed......They have been cursed to continually see reasons or fault with the federal government despite d gross ineptitude of thier L.G and state governors......

itz so funny how that you still made NO-SENSE,with your long epistle!
OLE!!so FG should slaughter all ijaws just like the israelites,to get the natural resources there??WHAT A HEARTLESS DEVILLISH-HEARTED NIGERIAN!
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by youngeagle(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2016
woleader:
yes o , he so dull he needs to get lectuures from president Jonathan on how to steal !
I'm yet to hear any money traced to GEJ's account
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Sunnynwa: 9:52am On May 20, 2016
Tonnierichy:
The Nigerian army needs to desist from harassing the citizens of this country.
Their job is to protect them not cause them pain.

However, Ijaw people should also talk to their children to be responsible.
They are not the only tribe in Nigeria
Why must they always be involved in ugly things to warrant the Nigerian army being sent to monitor them.
They must learn to behave like civilized people.

The army needs to patrol more in Agatu and Omenka's home town than they are needed in the ND unless your govt values pipelines security more than human lives.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 9:53am On May 20, 2016
maasoap:
Yes, you are right, we all know that to be true. It happened in the North East, heaven didn't fall. I can still remember the satellite images of the destruction of Baga town in the North East by NA as released by Amnesty International, lives and properties destroyed completely in the dead of the night. But what do you suggest FG should do when some miscreants are blowing up oil and gas pipelines?
alright then,I guess the country is already falling apart, people being slaughtered by Libyan fulani herdsmen don't deserve army intervention?, anyway, I just hope he knows what he is doing, because Nigerians are watching,I have lost faith in government a long time ago,I just hope this priority he has chosen to pursue at the expense of other pressing issues doesn't cause more problems, I for one just want a better country, I am tired already, but the choice this government seems to be making and the people it is affiliated with gives me cause for concern

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by rantmoniker(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2016
laprince:

But, if the government is responsible, they should know that this people are not the only ones that can sustain our economy.

That makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Tonnierichy(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2016
Sunnynwa:

The army needs to patrol more in Agatu and Omenka's home town than they are needed in Agatu u less your govt values pipelines security more than human lives.
I know d@ right?!
Don't mind them
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Tonnierichy(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:

chai oga boss u can be a good judge if given u the opportunity, u really balanced the topic here, unlike some nairalanders dat are biase in their comment, if na say i job get money i for buy 1 bottle of Moet or Hennessey
No worry money dey com smiley
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by sammhi(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2016
YourFatherYansh:
Just of recent am beginning to take interest in this people of Niger delta...how myopic an shallow can diz guys be.l undecided.........culd it be the fumes frm crude oil exploration and refinning dat might have displaced d nerve responsible for reasoning in their system....?
So Army presence is disturbing economy activities but the idiotic NDA activities of sabotaging government is rather enhancing economy activities I guess. .....Bas.tards.
An ultimatum to release the youths u gave right?......Am not in position to say whether the arrest is justifiable or not. ..........but one tin i have come to realize is that most people from that region are cursed......They have been cursed to continually see reasons or fault with the federal government despite d gross ineptitude of thier L.G and state governors......
If not for human right and jus som few reasonable minds there...I would hav suggested they take the people out of the world's map so dat we culd use d natural resources without some vagabonds holding d country to ransome. .....Afterall some countries where invaded by Israelites to enjoy d milk and honey of the land in ancient times biblically.. undecided undecided
y your moniker has already say my mind
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by fastjett: 10:00am On May 20, 2016
[s][/s]
YourFatherYansh:
Just of recent am beginning to take interest in this people of Niger delta...how myopic an shallow can diz guys be.l undecided.........culd it be the fumes frm crude oil exploration and refinning dat might have displaced d nerve responsible for reasoning in their system....?
So Army presence is disturbing economy activities but the idiotic NDA activities of sabotaging government is rather enhancing economy activities I guess. .....Bas.tards.
If not for human right and jus som few reasonable minds there...I would hav suggested they take the people out of the world's map so dat we culd use d natural resources without some vagabonds holding d country to ransome. .....Afterall some countries where invaded by Israelites to enjoy d milk and honey of the land in ancient times biblically.. undecided undecided

Even your user name speeak volume of the kind of mentality you have. wasted sperm
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by akinola1736(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2016
Majority of you Ijaw youths should go and acquire good money making skills to get better jobs and create good and profitable businesses in your community. Most of you just siddon there relying on oil and disrupting oil company activities. Touts are what most of you are. Get civilised and approach issues normally. Na your papa get the land or government? The law had not change and we have not split. NA will be there until you stop formenting troubles. I only pity the innocent souls going about there businesses that do suffer whenever you cause wahala. Ijaw youth today, Ijaw youth tomorrow, na only you dey Nigeria? Get wised up and CHANGE for better.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by YourFatherYansh: 10:04am On May 20, 2016
sammhi:

y your moniker has already say my mind
Of course my moniker is for nitwits lyk you to take it as a keepsake
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Semper247(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2016
VocalWalls:

Produce tomato first.

Lol....
U just had to make a joke out of it. Nice one though
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by YourFatherYansh: 10:06am On May 20, 2016
fastjett:
[s][/s]

Even your user name speeak volume of the kind of mentality you have. wasted sperm
When you were hatched not born how will u understand my kinda mentality.....fvckt.ard
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by farolee(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2016
Opharhe:
That's what we're saying, let every state or region control it's resources, develop them and optimise their economic benefits while contributing an agreed percentage to the centre. Until Nigeria is properly restructured along the lines of true fiscal federalism, there'll be no solution to all these.

That is when you would know that an average northerners are smarter. They have solid minerals that triple the oil in ND, gov should legalise the mining of there minerals.
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Sunnynwa: 10:14am On May 20, 2016
joseph1013:
[b]But according to the constitution, the Federal government owns all lands in the federation. So what lands are they talking about?

A friend from the Niger Delta was telling me that there is no road linking his community to land, his people must travel by speed boat to go home.

There was a time the government was almost ready and serious about connecting the village to land. That's a form of development and a welcomed idea right? Interestingly, his brothers in the community who took arms in the name of fighting for their development and against their marginalization demanded 50 million before the commencement of such project and that was a grand opening and grand closing of a project we longed for. It was dead on arrival

So whenever this guy reads people claiming that these people are fighting for his community's development, his kind wish is that they choke on their imagination and also wish the terror these individuals bring to his communities in the name of development extends to their communities too.[/b]

And you think it's peculiar to the ND?

How is that different from the omo oniles who barricaded our site until we settled them heavily before letting us continue with the construction of a factory that would eventually provide jobs for the locals?
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by kikayboss(m): 10:16am On May 20, 2016
maupe:

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/19/ijaw-group-to-jtf-steer-clear-of-our-land/
ijaw boys very lazy and troublesome people ,causing trouble everywhere even in Lagos here they don't do anything than bunkery....these leaders should talk to their sons and make them stop den see if some things won't get better...
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 10:19am On May 20, 2016
Sunnynwa:

And you think it's peculiar to the ND?

How is that different from the omo oniles who barricaded our site until we settled them heavily before letting us continue with the construction of a factory that would eventually provide jobs for the locals?
thank you, and this makes me wonder what would have happened if the oil was in the SW or north
Re: Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths by straight2point(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2016
[b]
joseph1013:
[b]But according to the constitution, the Federal government owns all lands in the federation. So what lands are they talking about?

A friend from the Niger Delta was telling me that there is no road linking his community to land, his people must travel by speed boat to go home.

There was a time the government was almost ready and serious about connecting the village to land. That's a form of development and a welcomed idea right? Interestingly, his brothers in the community who took arms in the name of fighting for their development and against their marginalization demanded 50 million before the commencement of such project and that was a grand opening and grand closing of a project we longed for. It was dead on arrival

So whenever this guy reads people claiming that these people are fighting for his community's development, his kind wish is that they choke on their imagination and also wish the terror these individuals bring to his communities in the name of development extends to their communities too.[/b]
Sorry, but it happening every where in Nigeria. Before you fix road, before you even build hospital in a community for their own benefit, they collected the money for the hospital and didn't build it till date. This happened in Lagos.... before you even build your own house. You will have to pay to them. So it's not a Niger delta problem. It's a serious issue affecting the whole country.
***Modified***
IN agbara industrial layout, conpanies were taking to court for trying to fix the road there. Winners chapel was dragged to court for trying to do a minor maintenance on the same road prior to his shiloh annual event. But they had better connection than whoever took them to court and they carried out the minor maintenance. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We’ll Push And Push Until You Win, President Buhari Assures Okonjo-iweala / Why I Will Vote For Peter Obi – Oby Ezekwesili / Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.