Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria (6809 Views)

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists / The Reason You Should Remain A Virgin Until Marriage. / Why White Men Will Forever Be Ahead Of Black Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by realpoacher(m): 4:42am On May 23, 2016
Estharfabian:
I understand Where you're going to.

Yes. we have a few annoying Extremists.
Buh It shouldn't stop the idea from breathing.

The next time You see A woman Saying she's feminist. Ask Her definition to the word. then, Pass judgment.

I believe in Gender equality.
I Also believe in the phrase ''ladies first'' gringrin
[/font][/i]

Nah!... Positions of Authority comes with responsibilities, you don't assume position of Power today and decide not to be responsible for some certain things. So since you want men to relinquish some of its 'perceived' powers and be treated equally with you (women), then you must also bear the responsibility that comes with such. It's simple, you can't eat your cake and have it at the same time, it ain't possible. Never possible!

Things like 'ladies first' will be gone for good, equal numbers of ladies must also be enlisted in the front lines of the war front 50/50 no cheating, and hey! It's not negotiable, when it's time for marriage go and pick up a young man and marry him or you split the bills 50/50.
You can't escape the bills part because it's a very vital part of the gender equality you seek for. What is the essence of all the money you make from your 'equally given' job when you have to keep it all to yourself while I spend mine?... And you want equality?... No way ma! It's never gonna work, never!

The other guy @chigozie, had given you very vital points, i mean important reasons why your whole equality shiit can't fly but you have not been able to counter him with a superior argument point by point rather you blab and dabbled into Rape and other African countries who practiced extreme degradation of the female specie.

Men are synonymous with strength, Valor and Power! They aggressively work, fight to Provide and protect their woman. If you must make him lose its identity and become equal with a woman then that woman should assume also that role of aggressively working to provide and protect the weak men she marries. No complaints!

I really hope you get the drift. But if you don't, then continue whinning in your delusion of grandeur. Because you are never gonna get what you seek for!
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by realpoacher(m): 4:59am On May 23, 2016
rose54321:

Just had to comment on this,
Do you really think these women are single bacause they are looking for rich men. I laugh in Spanish.
Itz harder to tame a successful woman, simple...
They ain't gonna take trash from you,
Cheat and it's OVER,
Physically abuse and it's OVER,
Continually disrespect and it's OVER, the list is endless
She ain't gonna go to no pastor and family to resolve trash, trash is trash and we break way from it immediately.
It's the lower/middle class girls that tolerate s.hit and are tamable, I don't blame them though.

You sound so Bitter and that's to confirm what the OP said about Bitter women being Feminists.... That's BTW,

Since you are so sure about what you wrote up there to counter what the guy wrote, i will ask you a question now and your answer would buttress the very point that guy passed across.

Please answer this question honestly ;

If you were a 28 year old woman, rich and successful like those listed up there and also due for marriage, would you go and marry a guy who has nothing and foot all the bills both during and after the wedding?

When I say after the wedding, I mean you house and feed him, and provide handouts to his family members for almost a lifetime as men always do for women?

I await your answer!

......................................................................................................................................
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by rose54321: 5:19am On May 23, 2016
[img][/img]
realpoacher:

You sound so Bitter and that's to confirm what the OP said about Bitter women being Feminists.... That's BTW,

Since you are so sure about what you wrote up there to counter what the guy wrote, i will ask you a question now and your answer would buttress the very point that guy passed across.

Please answer this question honestly ;

If you were a 28 year old woman, rich and successful like those listed up there and also due for marriage, would you go and marry a guy who has nothing and foot all the bills both during and after the wedding?

When I say after the wedding, I mean you house and feed him, and provide handouts to his family members for almost a lifetime as men always do for women?

I await your answer!

......................................................................................................................................

If I love him, why not. I can only marry for love, not for money, not out of pity, not because my biological clock is , as they say, running out, not out of pressure or force, only for love.

If you love someone you can spend all you have to build the person. Now There's a clause, the feelings must be mutual, mutual love and respect, because I don't take trash.

BTW, how do I sound bitter, my initial comment was making a point, established and ambitious women cannot be tamed. You cannot cheat on them and get a second chance, they don't tolerate trash.
There's no bitterness in saying a fact.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by realpoacher(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:
[img][/img]

If I love him, why not. I can only marry for love, not for money, not out of pity, not because my biological clock is , as they say, running out, not out of pressure or force, only for love.

If you love someone you can spend all you have to build the person. Now There's a clause, the feelings must be mutual, mutual love and respect, because I don't take trash.

BTW, how do I sound bitter, my initial comment was making a point, established and ambitious women cannot be tamed. You cannot cheat on them and get a second chance, they don't tolerate trash.
There's no bitterness in saying a fact.

Now you are talking!.... If seriously you can do that, that is if the feelings is mutual as you said... Then no qualms, infact no problems at all. You can have the equality that you seek for because the reason most men are against gender equality is that women cannot handle power I.e they abuse it, they can’t lead without it getting into their heads.

So been the overall breadwinner is a position of authority which men have seen how the few women happens to have it have abused it, and then draw conclusions from there as to what will happen to us by the time we eventually make us equal.

Catch the drift...?... wink
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Horllahnaija: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
Reading stuff like this sometimes makes me wish am not from a country with dumb people... People are so filled with preconceived notions they forget to do one of man's first reaction "ask questions". Most people commenting probably heard of feminism from someone and never bothered to look up what it really means. Just look at the sick author's description of Nigerian feminists.
True! I have come across some people who claim to be feminist but don't understand the cause thoroughly; some numb skull like the writer thinks they are just being naive. Only if you have come across a 10 years old black child that has no understanding of racism but of still gets mistreated based on the color of skin. Only then would you understand that our society is so misogynistic that every girl goes through alot because of the weak male mind..
My younger sister once asked me " why do girls have to wash the plate and clean the house". Although she just said that cos she was tired from doing chores, but that tells you something. Don't misquote me and say girls can't wash plates or do chores if they choose to am only saying if it's not theirs, they don't have to. Our society is so misogynistic we use sexist words on women like they are normal terms. This "writer" talking about how many females are in the military? We got hella strong women in the military and funny enough they still go through this sexist slurs and comments even at service. So do your research mate.
And don't mix up tradition with feminism, if you want someone to pay your "groom price" pls say something if you're broke, cos Indian women pay dowry and the man still heads the family. It has nothing to do with head of family. Am sure no female wants to be the head of your family, they just want equality.
One more thing I know a lot of pretty and smart feminists, smarter than you can ever think of, and they are strong minded people not some shallow minded in anyway. You are probably one of those people that thinks it's okay for guys to smoke and drink but screams the minute they see a girl doing the same. P. S am not advocating for anyone to smoke or drink. And BTW I am a male Nigerian feminist.#pengtins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
realpoacher:

Nah!... Positions of Authority comes with responsibilities, you don't assume position of Power today and decide not to be responsible for some certain things. So since you want men to relinquish some of its 'perceived' powers and be treated equally with you (women), then you must also bear the responsibility that comes with such. It's simple, you can't eat your cake and have it at the same time, it ain't possible. Never possible!

Things like 'ladies first' will be gone for good, equal numbers of ladies must also be enlisted in the front lines of the war front 50/50 no cheating, and hey! It's not negotiable, when it's time for marriage go and pick up a young man and marry him or you split the bills 50/50.
You can't escape the bills part because it's a very vital part of the gender equality you seek for. What is the essence of all the money you make from your 'equally given' job when you have to keep it all to yourself while I spend mine?... And you want equality?... No way ma! It's never gonna work, never!

The other guy @chigozie, had given you very vital points, i mean important reasons why your whole equality shiit can't fly but you have not been able to counter him with a superior argument point by point rather you blab and dabbled into Rape and other African countries who practiced extreme degradation of the female specie.

Men are synonymous with strength, Valor and Power! They aggressively work, fight to Provide and protect their woman. If you must make him lose its identity and become equal with a woman then that woman should assume also that role of aggressively working to provide and protect the weak men she marries. No complaints!

I really hope you get the drift. But if you don't, then continue whinning in your delusion of grandeur. Because you are never gonna get what you seek for!

. Honestly you ve made my day with this your comment. Bravo,you are good with words.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:57am On Apr 14, 2020
humilitypays:
Before you read further, please note that I do understand that there are both male and female feminists; people who believe in equal right for women, and again do note that I am only concerned about Nigerian female feminists because I know that there are no sincere male feminists in Nigeria.

Any Nigerian man you see forming or claiming a feminists just want to attract cheap-admiration from the feminists women.

Now to the topic, feminists will continue to be jokers in Nigeria for the following reasons:

1. Most Nigerian Feminists are Ugly, Unattractive Women: ‎

In Nigeria, once a lady is ugly, physically unattractive to men, she automatically becomes a feminists, using feminism to show her anger towards men.‎

2. Nigerian Feminists are Heartbroken, Lonely, Bitter Women!

You can hardly see a young pretty Nigerian lady enjoying the company of amazing men, and who gets showered with love, gifts, money and favor talk about being a feminists.

Nigerian ladies only turn to feminists when they fail to find a male partner to love, when many men have broken their heart due to their greed and selfishness in selecting a man to date or marry.

If you doubt me, from today, observe those Nigerian ladies who claim to be feminists, you will discover that they have been heartbroken many times by men, reason they forcefully became fake feminists to wage their anger and frustration with men, pity them‎

3. Nigerian Feminists are Hypocrist:

In Nigeria, girls, ladies and women believe that it is their sole right to be taken care of by men. No Nigerian lady would function in a relationship she is sharing 50-50 of the expenses and running cost.

No Nigerian lady will gladly accept a man who earns less than her as a boyfriend or husband. If she does, it's probably because she couldn't find a richer man to love or the richer guys she desires only used and dumped her for other women, which made her to settle for a man she earns more than grudgingly most times.

And even after accepting such man, she will make life a living hell for him by reminding him of his financial shortcomings whenever an opportunity avails.

In order words, Nigerian women want gender equality but still they want men to be in charge of their financial upkeep.

Nigerian feminists only remember gender equality when it comes to good jobs, political posts and appointments, etc, but when it comes to spending, dating, marriage and finance, they forget gender equality and expect Nigerian men to spend more since they are the men.

Why don't hear that Nigerian feminists are fighting to have equal number of combatant soldiers in Nigerian army? Instead they struggle for office jobs where they will sit with computer in a cozy office to browse the social media and get huge pay at the end of the month, and then come online to claim feminists while still searching for a richer man to spend on them and come pay huge dowry to their parents in the name of marriage, smh

How many Nigerian feminists have bought a car, a house, etc for their boyfriend, lover or husband without complain or noise? But majority of ‎Nigerian men do this on daily basis with joy, yet Nigerian women come online to claim feminists that want gender equality and treatment, how?

4. Marriage Dowry:

So long as Nigerian feminists allow their parents to keep collecting or accepting huge dowry to marry them off to their suitors, then Nigerian female feminists will continue to be seen as jokers!

If you want gender equality, then abolish traditional and cultural practices that appear to sell the woman to men.

5. No Feminists Exist in Nigeria Anyway:

Any lady that tells you she is a feminist, ask her religion; if she is a Christian or Muslim, then she's just being bitter out of relationship and marriage frustration, you know why?

The Holy Bible made it clear that the man is the head of the family!

Quran ‎also exalted men above women, reason men are allowed to marry as many wives as they can care for in Islam.

So in conclusion, ignore any Nigerian lady calling herself a feminist because she is just acting out of frustration.

Nature didn't favor everybody equally, so no need of forming one thing just because things didn't go the way you desired....keep hoping and believing, and with time, you will achieve your goal, no need of venting your anger on men in the name of feminism and those gender equality nonsense that can never be achieved till the end of the world.‎
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by DeHill(m): 6:19am On Apr 14, 2020
My friend go and sleep. I am not a feminist but if given just two choices: A country ruled by silly, egoistical and never progressive men and another filled with feminists who are most likely smarter... i would choose the later in one blink.
To Hell with your opinion. Feminist sympathizer.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Amumaigwe: 7:15am On Apr 14, 2020
Estharfabian:
grin I see stereotypes, Common myths, Misplaced priorities flying around...gringrin

I Really don't see what feminism got to do with Payments of dowries and whatnot.
I also don't see the correlation between Allowing A guy takeCare of Your Ass and feminism.

y'all be Having different definitions of the word since 12BC..
it's Nauseating as it's laughable!

i think Everyone should be Humanitarians. and So by my understanding feminism is a subcomponent of humanitarianis...Feminism, is a movement which advocates equal rights and opportunities between the genders by the promotion and empowerment of women in society.

it doesn't say men should be pUssiies. lipsrsealed
Andit Also doesn't say You shouldn't be the head or whatever Family-Chief title y'all feel you were naturally ordained with by God knows what Or who!

Feminism should advocate equal rights, opportunities and responsibilities. Anything short of that is hypocrisy and foolery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Kingarthur21: 7:40am On Apr 14, 2020
pcguru1:
At OP reason 1 and 2 doesn't make sense and could have been omitted, there are few feminist in Nigeria, reason being is that feminist in Nigeria want the equality without the responsibility that comes with equality.

I sincerely doubt a typical Nigerian lady can handle feminist it takes a strong lady to handle one. Wanting feminism means no dowry, no ladies first, 50-50 spilt of bills during date,Marriages no partial treatment, it means you want to be treated the equally the same way a guy is treated which is mostly being ignored.
All i have heard when the issue of 50-50 bills come up is not "feminism isnt about stopping men from being financial providers,it doesnt affect it,it is all choice if a lady wants a man to spend on her,it doesnt stop her from being one"....feminism is about stopping men from being the head and but it doesnt stop men from being sole providers??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Man That Requests For DNA Test Is A Bastard - Lady / My Wife Told Me She Hardly Feel Me Whenever I Touch Her / My Best Nigeria Love Song Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.