Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria (6808 Views)

3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists / The Reason You Should Remain A Virgin Until Marriage. / Why White Men Will Forever Be Ahead Of Black Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

Not sure about monkies but Godfatherism and other factors.

Nigerians at this point won't mind a good leader be it man or woman as long as they can perform.........or monkies in your case.

Nigerians are corrupt to the marrow and yet still crave for the best things of life.

Any other thing you are saying doesnt add up, my dear friend!
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
rose54321:
I didn't bother to read the entire piece, because your first point is flawed.
I am a feminist, but damn I'm sexy.
Beauty my dear is relative, that said,
Why read to the conclusion when the first assumption is wrong.
You might be pretty and sexy, reason I said *most*. So u might be amongst the few remaining pretty ones out of the *most*

But then, u may have been severally heartbroken by men, reason u forcefully turned to a feminist to showcase your anger towards men.

No truly happy, fulfilled woman in love talks about feminism sissmiley
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Nigerians are corrupt to the marrow and yet still crave for the best things of life.

Any other thing you are saying doesnt add up, my dear friend!

What doesn't add up ? That Nigerians dont want good leaders ? Hmmm I thought we did ?? You sound surprised corrupt people want the best in life.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:
You might be pretty and sexy, reason I said *most*. So u might be amongst the few remaining pretty ones out of the *most*

But then, u may have been severally heartbroken by men, reason u forcefully turned to a feminist to showcase your anger towards men.

Being a feminist and being attractive have nothing to do with each other, that's a weak assertion

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by rose54321: 12:40pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:

Now take a survey of successful women in Nigeria, u will discover that most of them ended up single because they were waiting and searching for richer men to still spend more money on them.

E.g. Onyeka Onwenu
Senator Chris Anyanwu
Genevieve Nnaji
Rita Domnic
Linda Ikeji
Funke Akindele (divorced)
Kate Henshaw
Etc, etc

Just had to comment on this,
Do you really think these women are single bacause they are looking for rich men. I laugh in Spanish.
Itz harder to tame a successful woman, simple...
They ain't gonna take trash from you,
Cheat and it's OVER,
Physically abuse and it's OVER,
Continually disrespect and it's OVER, the list is endless
She ain't gonna go to no pastor and family to resolve trash, trash is trash and we break way from it immediately.
It's the lower/middle class girls that tolerate s.hit and are tamable, I don't blame them though.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by halfricanadian(f): 12:40pm On May 22, 2016
Im glad am making it real tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

As u said, stereotypes will be seen flying up and down.

As for your bolded, that might be an opposite of what naija "feminists" believe in.

Have u heard of free bleeders? Or the ones going bare chested because men do? Anyways this is not peculiar to nigerians.

I will start believing in "equal opportunity" when a girl come to my house with her family to pay my groom price. Let her have that as an opportunity she has been clamouring for.

I believe in equal rights and justice, but then again, all fingers are not equal, and we all mustn't be rich @ d same time, it is just quiet unfortunate that some will be poor.

Same as that feminism nonsense.
That's just it; men and women can never be equal...instead we should advocate for justice and right, and not for equality because there is no way men will be equal to women.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2016
Left to me I think Feminism in Africa is going to be extremely difficult, I remember one article I read "Why marry at all" , and it question the idea of why a woman would take the name of her husband if indeed they were truly feminist, because it spelt the notion of submission to the man. Now I ask myself how easy would it be for an African lady to do the same retaining their madien name, left to me sha am confused because I know what we have in Nigerian seems like pseudo feminism or conveninet feminism. But I have no doubt about the practice of feminism outside the country. Anyway I will read more in it to gain deeper insights
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2016
rose54321:

Just had to comment on this,
Do you really think these women are single bacause they are looking for rich men. I laugh in Spanish.
Itz harder to tame a successful woman, simple...
They ain't gonna take trash from you,
Cheat and it's OVER,
Physically abuse and it's OVER,
Continually disrespect and it's OVER, the list is endless
She ain't gonna go to no pastor and family to resolve trash, trash is trash and we break way from it immediately.
It's the lower/middle class girls that tolerate s.hit and are tamable, I don't blame them though.
Not true. I speak from exclusive info. Most of them are waiting for richer men. Genevieve Nnaji knew Dbanj was a womanizer, she still fell for him thinking he was going to marry her, but Dbanj being a bad guy chopped and cleaned mouth and flee like many other rich guys have done to Genny!

Same goes to Agbani Darego, Rita, etc.

These ladies are desperately searching/waiting for richer guys who usually use them and dump, making them more bitter with men!

There are millions of cool-headed single guys who aren't poor, and aren't rich like them who would treat them like jewel, but hell no, it's a taboo for a rich Nigerian lady to date or marry a guy earning below her, to them, it means she has settled for less!

But Kanu Nwankwo was a millionaire star footballer of global status and he was humble enough to go to Abia to marry a small girl from not-rich family and helped the girl and her family without complain or making noise about it.

Millions of Nigerian guys do same on daily basis, but rich Nigerian ladies will never try that but to them, it means settling for less, yet they want gender equality and call themselves feminists, jokers I call them all!!

Nigerian women want gender equality but don't want equal responsibility, isn't that stupidity
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by rose54321: 12:53pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:

Hmm, where do I start
I argue alot with people like you, people that witness a trend with 2, or at most 3 people, and start making generalisations, reaching conclusions.

To conduct a research you need to have a sample, since your thesis is based on Nigerian feminists, this sample will be Nigeria,s preferably from all the geopolitical zones to have a representative sample. Then you conduct your research.

How can you say women become feminists due to heart break, that's a very naive statement, it just exposes your little exposure, or lack of it.

Feminists are not angry towards men,
A woman can becomes a feminist when she's denied a job simply because of her sex and not her qualification.

A woman becomes a feminists when she is constantly sexually harassed at work and notices all men there don't suffer the same faith.

A woman becomes a feminists when she observes that most laws in the constitution favor the male gender.
The list is endless. The notion "it's a man's world" says it all.
Anyways my time is up...
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2016
rose54321:

Hmm, where so I start
I argue alot with people like you, people that witness a trend with 2, or at most 3 people, and start making generalisations, reaching conclusions.

To conduct a research you need to have a sample, since your thesis is based on Nigerian feminists, this sample will be Nigeria,s preferably from all the geopolitical zones to have a representative sample. Then you conduct your research.

How can you say women become feminists due to heart break, that's a very naive statement, it just exposes your little exposure, or lack of it.

Feminists are not angry towards men,

I stand on my words: most Nigerian feminists are heartbroken, bitter, frustrated women who have failed to attract and keep a lovely relationship or marriage, so they resort to feminism as an indirect way of venting their frustration with men and life cry
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

During my searches on the internet, I read from an American feminist that telling a lady "Ladies first" is sexists, dowry isn't it the same as bride price, remember there was an outburst on Yahoo about the Nigerian app that guages bride price.

Feminism is about equality in terms of treatment, access to the same opportunities as men, and equal wage payment , and this is based on the premise that women will take the responsibility that comes with it, now I am saying most typical Nigerian ladies cannot handle feminism because they don't now know what it really means.
Okay. good! you Read from just one person huh?
that's No excuse to generalize! undecided

You just told me the meaning of ''feminism''.
-that should be enough.
- it doesn't/shouldn't have anything to do with the phrase ''ladies first''.
personal lives should be left personal..

I Also read somewhere where a particular feminist said something about ''doggystyle'' being sexist and insulting to women. isn't that Crazy? yh?

I'd really love you to know there're feminist extremist.
people who take the word feminsim'' to a whole new different level. Reason Why MOST feminist hide under the term ''Humanitarian'' and eligatarian''. these things most often that not mean the same thing Buh You see people segregating. but in A wrap...the Cause is mutual. equality for humans. irrespective of one gender.

there will always be Assholes/extremist in every ideology.
people who go contrary to the Term. it doesn't necessarily mean it's All bad.

I believe in All the crap about men being The head of the family and all that crap that goes along side it. and I Also believe in gender equality. equality in the Aspect of Education, jobs, Social and political Affairs. like people shouldn't look down on me because i have A pussiie! hell No!

When people want to show how Annoying, useless, stupid or ridiculous feminism is, they pick the most extreme examples of why feminism is the movement of lesbian, fat, black ugly crazy man hating/misandrist.(something you're also guilty of) they look for instances Where A girl who just got heartbroken, used and dumbed by some dude classify as feminist. they ignore other instances. say, A woman Who's been to irak and seen how Females are being treated and use as sex objects who also identify as feminist.

They ignore the fact that A reasonable woman in their office can possibly be a feminist because she isn't yelling ''All men are the same" Anytime a guy asks for her number.

What am I saying?
feminism shouldn't even be A problem. it's ''some'' of the feminists that's the problem. you shouldn't taint the movement ''Bad'' Because A few Bigots/females Say they wanna be called ''daddy'' instead of ''mommy''.

cc:chigoizie7

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:
Not true. I speak from exclusive info. Most of them are waiting for richer men. Genevieve Nnaji knew Dbanj was a womanizer, she still fell for him thinking he was going to marry her, but Dbanj being a bad guy chopped and cleaned mouth and flee like many other rich guys have done to Genny!

Same goes to Agbani Darego, Rita, etc.

These ladies are desperately searching/waiting for richer guys who usually use them and dump, making them more bitter with men!

There are millions of cool-headed single guys who aren't poor, and aren't rich like them who would treat them like jewel, but hell no, it's a taboo for a rich Nigerian lady to date or marry a guy earning below her, to them, it means she has settled for less!

But Kanu Nwankwo was a millionaire star footballer of global status and he was humble enough to go to Abia to marry a small girl from not-rich family and helped the girl and her family without complain or making noise about it.

Millions of Nigerian guys do same on daily basis, but rich Nigerian ladies will never try that but to them, it means settling for less, yet they want gender equality and call themselves feminists, jokers I call them all!!

Nigerian women want gender equality but don't want equal responsibility, isn't that stupidity
Well I will be honest this example doesn't have anything to do with feminism, and I will explain first it has some to do with classicismclassism .

A typical man according to what I get from NL would prefer to marry from a lower class in order to gain respect as they feel people like this wouldn't want to be controlled because of their status. Let's be sincerce moat men wouldn't want to date a serious successful lady because of the fear of not having control over her, do you blame the ladies ? I will be honest alot of insecure man out there

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
You just told me the meaning of feminism''. that' should be enough. it doesn't/shouldn't have anything to do with the phrase ''ladies first''.
personal lives should be left personal.....
I Also read somewhere where a particular feminist said something about ''doggystyle'' being sexist. isn't that Crazy? yh?

people who take the word feminsim'' to a whole new different level. Reason Why MOST feminist hide under the term ''Humanitarian'' and eligatarian''. these things most often that not mean the same thing Buh You see people segregating. but in A wrap...the Cause is mutual. equality for humans. irrespective of one gender.

I believe in All the crap about men being The head of the family and all that crap that goes along side it. and I Also believe in gender equality. equality in the Aspect of Education, jobs, Social and political Affairs. like people shouldn't look down on me because i have A pussiie! hell No!

When people want to show how Annoying, useless, stupid or ridiculous feminism is, they pick the most extreme examples of why feminism is the movement of lesbian, fat, black ugly crazy man hating/misandrist.(something you're also guilty of) they look for instances Where A girl who just got heartbroken, used and dumbed by some dude classify as feminist. they ignore other instances. say, A woman Who's been to irak and seen how Females are being treated and use as sex objects who also identify as feminist.

They ignore the fact that A reasonable woman in their office can possibly be a feminist because she isn't yelling ''All men are the same" Anytime a guy asks for her number.

What am I saying?
feminism shouldn't even be A problem. it's ''some'' of the feminists that's the problem. you shouldn't taint the movement ''Bad'' Because A few Bigots Say they wanna be called ''daddy'' instead of ''mommy''.

I actually don't have anything against femisnim at all, because as you said the main concept behind it was to empower women and expose them to certain opportunities and thank you for mentioning countries like Iraq where women are repressed. Just that now modern the extremist in feminism these days have turn it to a war of the sexes, giving rise to misandrist instead of feminist. I don't want women to be repressed at the same time, I don't want to be the center of hatred just because I happen to be a guy. The issue is the extremist in feminism and the opportunist in feminism give it a bad name.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 22, 2016
Lol doggystle is feminist lol that's a new one.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 22, 2016
pcguru1:

I actually don't have anything against femisnim at all, because as you said the main concept behind it was to empower women and expose them to certain opportunities and thank you for mentioning countries like Iraq where women are repressed. Just that now modern the extremist in feminism these days have turn it to a war of the sexes, giving rise to misandrist instead of feminist. I don't want women to be repressed at the same time, I don't want to be the center of hatred just because I happen to be a guy. The issue is the extremist in feminism and the opportunist in feminism give it a bad name.
I understand Where you're going to.

Yes. we have a few annoying Extremists.
Buh It shouldn't stop the idea from breathing.

The next time You see A woman Saying she's feminist. Ask Her definition to the word. then, Pass judgment.

I believe in Gender equality.
I Also believe in the phrase ''ladies first'' gringrin
[/font][/i]
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
that's No excuse to generalize! undecided

You just told me the meaning of ''feminism''.
-that should be enough.
- it doesn't/shouldn't have anything to do with the phrase ''ladies first''.
personal lives should be left personal..

I Also read somewhere where a particular feminist said something about ''doggystyle'' being sexist and insulting to women. isn't that Crazy? yh?

What am I saying?
feminism shouldn't even be A problem. it's ''some'' of the feminists that's the problem. you shouldn't taint the movement ''Bad'' Because A few Bigots/females Say they wanna be called ''daddy'' instead of ''mommy''.

cc:chigoizie7

Lolz, and u have to cc me?

Well, u are correct, from this ur very post, u are saying the same thing with the OP.

U will affirm that in every ideology that there will be extremists, right?

Those extremists are found in majority in Naija. That is what the op is saying. Why? because they don't really know what they want, they really don't know what they are advocating for.

Like u said that what they are clamouring for is equality is all spheres of life. Now, let me ask u.

1. Is there any law in nigeria that says that women can not contest for a particular post (politically)? We have a woman that contested on the platform of KOWA party to become the president, it is no one's fault that she wasn't voted for to emerge the winner, even women voted against her. Or do u want FG to come and say, "ok, the position of so so and so office will be reserved for a man while that of so so and so will be reserved for a woman? It is not right because u are already infringing of other people right of "choice". Please, tell me where any office in Nigeria is reserved for men only. We have the office of the minister of women affairs to be presided over by a woman, we don't have office of men affairs. We also have office of 1st lady to be preside over by the 1st lady, a woman, we don't have office of 1st man, even though we have had a male governor in naija. So, what do women really want again in this their feminism struggle if not to dominate the polity? (to me that is not equality again, it is giving them the upper hand over men by law, no one gave men upper hand over women by law).we have so many female presidents in around d globe, they did their campaigns with their male opponents and won the hearts of the masses and became victorious. In such countries, no law stipulated a particular post to be reserved for a lady.

2. Is there any law that also stipulates that a certain percentage of girls to that of boys will only be admitted in the university?( as a student in the university, I found out that we have more female than males in my department from yr1 to final year)

3. Is there any law that stipulates that only men will be ceo's, managers, md's or heads of departments? (we have so many female folks in such positions)

Now Whatelse do they want if not to get the upper hand by law?

No law in naija has ever stood by the side of a man for hitting a woman same as hitting a man.

Having read my 3questions above, please tell me, what other equality do these feminists want, anything outside of the ones u considered as a legit struggle is extremism.

It is no one's fault that the society we live in has carved a niche for gender related issues as to who has upper hand and who has lower hand, the law of the land( nigerian constitution had absolutely no input on that). So they should stop approaching the lawmakers in exclude what they never include in d 1st place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by humilitypays(m): 1:52pm On May 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

Well, u are correct, from this ur very post, u are saying the same thing with the OP.

Those extremists are found in majority in Naija. That is what the op is saying. Why? because they don't really know what they want, they really don't know what they are advocating for.

Like u said that what they are clamouring for is equality is all spheres of life. Now, let me ask u.

1. Is there any law in nigeria that says that women can not contest for a particular post (politically)? We have a woman that contested on the platform of KOWA party to become the president, it is no one's fault that she wasn't voted for to emerge the winner, even women voted against her. Or do u want FG to come and say, "ok, the position of so so and so office will be reserved for a man while that of so so and so will be reserved for a woman? It is not right because u are already infringing of other people right of "choice". Please, tell me where any office in Nigeria is reserved for men only. We have the office of the minister of women affairs to be presided over by a woman, we don't have office of men affairs. We also have office of 1st lady to be preside over by the 1st lady, a woman, we don't have office of 1st man, even though we have had a male governor in naija. So, what do women really want again in this their feminism struggle if not to dominate the polity? (to me that is not equality again, it is giving them the upper hand over men by law, no one gave men upper hand over women by law).we have so many female presidents in around d globe, they did their campaigns with their male opponents and won the hearts of the masses and became victorious. In such countries, no law stipulated a particular post to be reserved for a lady.

2. Is there any law that also stipulates that a certain percentage of girls to that of boys will only be admitted in the university?( as a student in the university, I found out that we have more female than males in my department from yr1 to final year)

3. Is there any law that stipulates that only men will be ceo's, managers, md's or heads of departments? (we have so many female folks in such positions)

No law in naija has ever stood by the side of a man for hitting a woman same as hitting a man.

Having read my 3questions above, please tell me, what other equality do these feminists want, anything outside of the ones u considered as a legit struggle is extremism.

It is no one's fault that the society we live in has carved a niche for gender related issues as to who has upper hand and who has lower hand, the law of the land( nigerian constitution had absolutely no input on that). So they should stop approaching the lawmakers in exclude what they never include in d 1st place.

awesome
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

nice retort.
i'd like you to know that All these things you listed was made as A result of the struggles of feminists. Thanks to feminists like Betty Friedan, women have a great many options for what to choose to do with their lives. rather than being Sex objects and dumb housewives All their lives.

Notwithstanding, Visit some other countries. and you'd know A GAZILLION Reasons why we need feminism.

LoL. okay.
there's Rape.
I witnessed one Last Month. A girl of about 20. got raped by some dickheads that Call 'emselves Males.

Whilst coming back from church by the way. vigil of some sort. so, she couldn't have worn Bumshorts or provocative Clothes that put her boobies on display.

Guess what happened? What did people say to her?
She shouldn't have worn skirt. she shouldn't have left for church that late. she should've ran. they looked at her as if she's got leprosy. the funny thing's No one made mention of the rapists! they all blamed it on her.

There is no excuse for rape. Ever. But we live in a rape culture where women are incessantly slut-shamed and frequently held responsible for their own rapes — or at the very least asked what they were doing/wearing/saying to provoke their attackers. The unacceptable practice of victim blaming remains common, even in an age when we are told feminism's work is complete — we're often encouraged to feel pity for a man accused of rape rather than demand justice for the victim.

it's impossible to pretend that the state of women's right in Nigeria is anything but dire.

According to the United Nations Population Fund, women comprise two thirds of all illiterate adults worldwide, as well as 60 percent of the world's poorest people.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that women the world over must struggle with, simply.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
nice retort.
i'd like you to know that All these things you listed was made as A result of the struggles of feminists. Thanks to feminists like Betty Friedan, women have a great many options for what to choose to do with their lives. rather than being Sex objects and dumb housewives All their lives.

Notwithstanding, Visit some other countries. and you'd know A GAZILLION Reasons why we need feminism.

LoL. okay.
there's Rape.
I witnessed one Last Month. A girl of about 20. got raped by some dickheads that Call 'emselves Males.

Whilst coming back from church by the way. vigil of some sort. so, she couldn't have worn Bumshorts or provocative Clothes that put her boobies on display.

Guess what happened? What did people say to her?
She shouldn't have worn skirt. she shouldn't have left for church that late. she should've ran. they looked at her as if she's got leprosy. the funny thing's No one made mention of the rapists! they all blamed it on her.

There is no excuse for rape. Ever. But we live in a rape culture where women are incessantly slut-shamed and frequently held responsible for their own rapes — or at the very least asked what they were doing/wearing/saying to provoke their attackers. The unacceptable practice of victim blaming remains common, even in an age when we are told feminism's work is complete — we're often encouraged to feel pity for a man accused of rape rather than demand justice for the victim.

it's impossible to pretend that the state of women's right in Nigeria is anything but dire.

According to the United Nations Population Fund, women comprise two thirds of all illiterate adults worldwide, as well as 60 percent of the world's poorest people.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that women the world over must struggle with, simply.

Lolz, what u should be advocating is a "crime free society". No one has that monopoly on which gender commits crime against humanity most.

Did I also tell u that I was also molested as a teenager by and older woman? I don't like talking about about i, but if u need more light on it, u can browse my older posts, u will see it.

I am not in support of rape and all the vices associated with it.

But when u clamour for something else, it is a different ball game. Those people that raped the innocent victim, we're they in anyways caught and de people around, abhorred their acts? Or where dey arrested and arraigned and d judge discharged them?

What will u now say about some pùssy heads that attract some of our young ladies, entice them with good job offers abroad only to use them as sex slaves?

I will always maintain that rape is a crime against humanity and should be treated as one.

When they now preach equality, does it mean that those men that raped the innocent girl will do more punishment than those women who engages in human trafficking even child traffickers and some operating some baby factories.

Treat a crime as a crime and not as a somethingelse.

I want to u tell urself the truth. When u read to that point where I mentioned being molested as a kid, did u believe in totality? YES or NO? If yes, Good, if no, well, it is actually the truth, and that same way u dint believe me is the exact same way so many other people will call me false the same way some people were castigating an innocent girl raped by miscreants. my point is that crime is no respected of gender.

We have even heard of cases where some men were either drugged and be taken advantage of or some guys that were rapped by gays, would u justify the act because it was committed by a man to a man? NO.

I will repeat this again. I am no way in support of rape. I am not also in support of jungle justice but if I should catch a rapist, I wouldn't mind joining in beating him up.

We are talking about if the so called naija version of "feminists really know what they are fighting for" and not what other women face across the globe. They have their own ways of making their voices heard in relevant issues.

The bone of contention here is "naija feminists and their misconceptions".

I will always be on the side of "equal rights and justice" to whatever gender.

But clamouring for an upper hand is what I don't subscribe to legally because no one is superior b4 the law as far as Nigerian constitution is concerned.

One love sweet heart.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:

True. Nigeria feminists are just bunch of women who must have passed through one emotional trauma or d other in d hands of men. Most of dem don't even understand wot feminism is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

Lolz, what u should be advocating is a "crime free society". No one has that monopoly on which gender commits crime against humanity most.

Did I also tell u that I was also molested as a teenager by and older woman? I don't like talking about about i, but if u need more light on it, u can browse my older posts, u will see it.

I am not in support of rape and all the vices associated with it.

But when u clamour for something else, it is a different ball game. Those people that raped the innocent victim, we're they in anyways caught and de people around, abhorred their acts? Or where dey arrested and arraigned and d judge discharged them?

What will u now say about some pùssy heads that attract some of our young ladies, entice them with good job offers abroad only to use them as sex slaves?

I will always maintain that rape is a crime against humanity and should be treated as one.

When they now preach equality, does it mean that those men that raped the innocent girl will do more punishment than those women who engages in human trafficking even child traffickers and some operating some baby factories.

Treat a crime as a crime and not as a somethingelse.

I want to u tell urself the truth. When u read to that point where I mentioned being molested as a kid, did u believe in totality? YES or NO? If yes, Good, if no, well, it is actually the truth, and that same way u dint believe me is the exact same way so many other people will call me false the same way some people were castigating an innocent girl raped by miscreants. my point is that crime is no respected of gender.

We have even heard of cases where some men were either drugged and be taken advantage of or some guys that were rapped by gays, would u justify the act because it was committed by a man to a man? NO.

I will repeat this again. I am no way in support of rape. I am not also in support of jungle justice but if I should catch a rapist, I wouldn't mind joining in beating him up.

We are talking about if the so called naija version of "feminists really know what they are fighting for" and not what other women face across the globe. They have their own ways of making their voices heard in relevant issues.

The bone of contention here is "naija feminists and their misconceptions".

I will always be on the side of "equal rights and justice" to whatever gender.

But clamouring for an upper hand is what I don't subscribe to legally because no one is superior b4 the law as far as Nigerian constitution is concerned.

One love sweet heart.
@bolded...then, there's No need for this discourse.

No one's clamoring for upper hand. No one wants to be superior. We just don't want to be Thumped down simply because we've got mammalian glands on our chest.

good. You believe in equality. that's the true definition of Feminism and not whatever ridiculous beliefs Extremists paint it to be.

I believe that I should respect my husband and Support him in all Areas of his life and all that blah blah blah. And I Also believe in gender equality.
Not necessarily Gender Equity.

[/font][/i]
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by czarr(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
I understand Where you're going to.

Yes. we have a few annoying Extremists.
Buh It shouldn't stop the idea from breathing.

The next time You see A woman Saying she's feminist. Ask Her definition to the word. then, Pass judgment.

I believe in Gender equality.
I Also believe in the phrase ''ladies first'' gringrin
[/font][/i]

why?are guys not human beings, why do you believe in the phrase ladies first why not guys first?....isn't that somewhat sexist.
You guys just want it all,but newsflash it's never gonna happen.

Stop making statements that contradict your whole argument.

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 22, 2016
czarr:
why?are guys not human beings, why do you believe in the phrase ladies first why not guys first?....isn't that somewhat sexist.
You guys just want it all,but newsflash it's never gonna happen.

Stop making statements that contradict your whole argument.
Lol.grin

you didn't get my sarcasm. okay. cool.
bye.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by czarr(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
Lol.grin

bye.
sarcasm via text doesn't pass always.
Sarcasm is detected with tone and facial expressions.sorry!

I tried sarcasm with my ex via text once, she took it literally.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 22, 2016
czarr:
sarcasm via text doesn't pass always.
Sarcasm is detected with tone and facial expressions.sorry!

I tried sarcasm with my ex via text once, she took it literally.
I'm not exactly good with facial expressions. so, I use emoticons instead. sort of taking the semblance of ''improvisation''

Lol. grin too bad, eh?

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by czarr(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
I'm not exactly good with facial expressions. so, I use emoticons instead. sort of taking the semblance of ''improvisation''

Lol. grin too bad, eh?

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by czarr(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:

Lol. grin too bad, eh?

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 22, 2016
Some other dude may come and outrightly sue you for trying to assume his gender! undecided grin
Estharfabian:
Lol.grin

bye.
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by brainiac5(m): 8:49pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=truthsayer007 post=45859644]

There is nothing like equality, its all conspiracy. The same conspiracy that led Gay people ask for equal rights is still in play.

Women have their rights and men have rights too, women also have so many things that favor them in the society, but seem to ignore them and forget that equality does not mean justice.

Most lonely and bitter or heart broken women in america and beyond including Nigeria usually promote this type of feminism which is unnecessary.

Forgetting that there are other women who are having a great time in their lives with their spouse or otherwise.

Women are NOT fighting for equality because men have failed in their duty, they are fighting because they are brain washed that feel they deserve the rights of men, forgetting that women also have rights that men don't have.

@stupedinluv, stop supporting feminism, whether you claim to be a feminist or not.

Its more complex than you understand.

[/quotebros u deserve a feather on your cap. Correct

1 Like

Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by mikolo80: 10:40pm On May 22, 2016
Stupedinluv:
My friend go and sleep. I am not a feminist but if given just two choices: A country ruled by silly, egoistical and never progressive men and another filled with feminists who are most likely smarter... i would choose the later in one blink.
smarter yet cannot win class rep election
Re: Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria by kazyhm(m): 11:41pm On May 22, 2016
humilitypays:
Before you read further, please note that I do understand that there are both male and female feminists; people who believe in equal right for women, and again do note that I am only concerned about Nigerian female feminists because I know that there are no sincere male feminists in Nigeria.

Any Nigerian man you see forming or claiming a feminists just want to attract cheap-admiration from the feminists women.

Now to the topic, feminists will continue to be jokers in Nigeria for the following reasons:

1. Most Nigerian Feminists are Ugly, Unattractive Women: ‎

In Nigeria, once a lady is ugly, physically unattractive to men, she automatically becomes a feminists, using feminism to show her anger towards men.‎

2. Nigerian Feminists are Heartbroken, Lonely, Bitter Women!

You can hardly see a young pretty Nigerian lady enjoying the company of amazing men, and who gets showered with love, gifts, money and favor talk about being a feminists.

Nigerian ladies only turn to feminists when they fail to find a male partner to love, when many men have broken their heart due to their greed and selfishness in selecting a man to date or marry.

If you doubt me, from today, observe those Nigerian ladies who claim to be feminists, you will discover that they have been heartbroken many times by men, reason they forcefully became fake feminists to wage their anger and frustration with men, pity them‎

3. Nigerian Feminists are Hypocrist:

In Nigeria, girls, ladies and women believe that it is their sole right to be taken care of by men. No Nigerian lady would function in a relationship she is sharing 50-50 of the expenses and running cost.

No Nigerian lady will gladly accept a man who earns less than her as a boyfriend or husband. If she does, it's probably because she couldn't find a richer man to love or the richer guys she desires only used and dumped her for other women, which made her to settle for a man she earns more than grudgingly most times.

And even after accepting such man, she will make life a living hell for him by reminding him of his financial shortcomings whenever an opportunity avails.

In order words, Nigerian women want gender equality but still they want men to be in charge of their financial upkeep.

Nigerian feminists only remember gender equality when it comes to good jobs, political posts and appointments, etc, but when it comes to spending, dating, marriage and finance, they forget gender equality and expect Nigerian men to spend more since they are the men.

Why don't hear that Nigerian feminists are fighting to have equal number of combatant soldiers in Nigerian army? Instead they struggle for office jobs where they will sit with computer in a cozy office to browse the social media and get huge pay at the end of the month, and then come online to claim feminists while still searching for a richer man to spend on them and come pay huge dowry to their parents in the name of marriage, smh

How many Nigerian feminists have bought a car, a house, etc for their boyfriend, lover or husband without complain or noise? But majority of ‎Nigerian men do this on daily basis with joy, yet Nigerian women come online to claim feminists that want gender equality and treatment, how?

4. Marriage Dowry:

So long as Nigerian feminists allow their parents to keep collecting or accepting huge dowry to marry them off to their suitors, then Nigerian female feminists will continue to be seen as jokers!

If you want gender equality, then abolish traditional and cultural practices that appear to sell the woman to men.

5. No Feminists Exist in Nigeria Anyway:

Any lady that tells you she is a feminist, ask her religion; if she is a Christian or Muslim, then she's just being bitter out of relationship and marriage frustration, you know why?

The Holy Bible made it clear that the man is the head of the family!

Quran ‎also exalted men above women, reason men are allowed to marry as many wives as they can care for in Islam.

So in conclusion, ignore any Nigerian lady calling herself a feminist because she is just acting out of frustration.

Nature didn't favor everybody equally, so no need of forming one thing just because things didn't go the way you desired....keep hoping and believing, and with time, you will achieve your goal, no need of venting your anger on men in the name of feminism and those gender equality nonsense that can never be achieved till the end of the world.‎

this op is the best ever

just what I told one here
just simply questioned - can you allow your daughter to buy engagement ring and propose to her boyfriend because maybe the guy is good, has potential etc

she just flare up and started shouting I insulted her

I was like - are you for real, see someone with gender equality mentality ?

"women's words are written on an ice

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Girls Really Sleep With Dogs? / Here's My Achievement.. Let's Know Your Own / HELP!! My Boyfriend Gave Me An Ultimatum!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.