Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Healing Rain. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Healing Rain. (1248 Views)

Looking For Healing, But Found Pastor’s Daughter N*ked – How To Get A Girlfriend / Couple Take Pre-wedding Photos Under The Rain / "He Came Into Her Hospital As A Patient And Got A Lifetime Healing". Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:59pm On May 22, 2016
HEALING RAIN - EPISODE 1

It was my first time going to the lecture hall as a Teaching Assistant. So many thoughts were racing through my mind. I wondered how the class would be, and how they would receive me. I was however a bit relaxed when the lecturer told me that the class was a 2nd year class. They’re still quite green in the system, I presumed.

Exhaling deeply, I entered the class and for a moment I thought I had entered the market. Nobody’s attention was drawn to me until I climbed up to the podium. Before I could finish forming a broad smile to say ‘Good Morning’, someone shouted at the back “O he no bi the lecturer… He bi T.A”

Soft murmurs followed whiles some of the guys resumed their chats. I managed to finish forming my smile. I introduced myself to them as Fred, their T.A, then explained to them that the lecturer was on his way. The look on some faces seemed to say “We just hope that the class won’t come off”. I understood them, because some time back I was a student just like them.

I went on to spell out the rules and regulations for the class as per what the lecturer had stressed on, and especially on the fact that he disliked lateness.

“Ei. Boss no dey like lateness…but he sef he make late.” A guy retorted again, for which they all burst into laughter.

“Order! O you guys!” another gentleman said trying to bring the class to order.

Just when I thought that I was getting their attention again, a skimpily dressed girl with sunglasses entered the class with a model like catwalk. The class suddenly became uproarious just at her entrance. I really didn’t seem to understand.

“T.A Fred replay replay! Especially the last rule!”

Well the last rule was on lateness. That’s when I got to understand that the lady was the cause of the uproar.

“Alright so for the sake of those who couldn’t make it to class on time, I’ll just go over Dr. Obuor’s rules for his class. And even though this is a university community I’d like to emphasize again on the fact that going by these rules will form a quota in how you would be graded.”

Now it looked like I was done with all that the lecturer had instructed me to do. I tried reaching him again since he still wasn’t in but to no avail. For that matter I didn’t know whether to end the lecture or just hold on. Just when I was contemplating on what to do, one of the students approached me.

“T.A... Uhm Please… Since the lecturer isn’t in yet, I was wondering if you could spare me some minutes to share the word of God with the class.”

“Oh why not?” I thought to myself. “At least that will give me ample time to try reaching the lecturer still, or think of what next to do”

“Alright go on… just 5 minutes.” I told him “Your colleague here wants to share the word of God with you all… I’m sure Dr. Obuor will be in by the time he’s done. So kindly give him your audience.”

With that I went out of the class to try reaching the lecturer again.
Finally I got in touch with him. He informed me that he had gotten an emergency call from the Dean of students, and that I should quickly run to the department’s secretary for the course outlines for the class. That was a bit relieving since I could at least go through the course outline with them.

Upon getting the course outlines, I walked briskly back to the class. As I was entering I could hear the boy still preaching.

“Some of you have no regard for things of God… even fruits have coverings… But some of you expose yourselves as though your great grandparents Adam and Eve were unwise to have even thought of sewing fig leaves to cover their unclothedness. Even God made clothing from animal skin for them! But some of you are trying tell God that he’s not wise by exposing yourselves and dressing skimpily.”

Wondering what he was talking about, I signaled him to cut it short since I had returned.

“Some of you tell lies… you put reputable men in trouble. If you are here and you’re like that repent! You trade what’s in between your legs for only God knows what, repent! For the wrath of God is coming! Repent! Or else you'll go to hell ”

Amidst his so called preaching, some of the guys passed sarcastic comments.
“O eetwi obi! Eetwi obi! Odiifo bo ho biom!”

“You wear sunglasses as early as 8am as though NASA has informed you that an eclipse is going to occur… You think wearing the shades can conceal you! Oooo Sister! Your dressing gives you away! Your attitude gives you away!”

Suddenly my eyes went roaming. Could he be referring to the girl who got to the class late?

“You tattoo your body as though you’re a goat whose owner is afraid that it will get lost!”

“Hey excuse me! End it!”

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by onstelly(f): 9:00pm On May 22, 2016
Re: Healing Rain. by ivyy(f): 9:48pm On May 22, 2016
Keep it coming OP.
Re: Healing Rain. by emotions1: 9:55pm On May 22, 2016
Healing rain....the boom
Re: Healing Rain. by davide470(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2016
Following
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 7:37am On May 23, 2016
Owk dearies,episode 2 loading......
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 5:36pm On May 23, 2016
episode 2 ,fully loaded ....watch out.
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:01pm On May 23, 2016
HEALING RAIN EPISODE 2

“You wear sunglasses as early as 8am as though NASA has informed you that an eclipse is going to occur… You think wearing the shades can conceal you! Oooo Sister! Your dressing gives you away! Your attitude gives you away!”

Suddenly my eyes went roaming. Could he be referring to the girl who got to the class late?

“You tattoo your body as though you’re a goat whose owner is afraid that it will get lost!”

“Hey excuse me! End it!” I interjected as it seemed like it was an attack rather than a preaching. I signaled him to get off the stage amidst the cheers he was rather receiving from the class.

Just then, the girl took up her bag and began to walk out of the class. There was an uproar again!

“Yaay! The sermon is causing demons to flee!” some guys mocked.

“Bunch of hypocrites!” The lady sneered, then walked out. The scene was confusing and I was wondering why that on my first day.

I walked out almost running after her. With her back towards me I saw a tattoo at her back. It made me confirm then that she was the sermon topic.

“Excuse me! Where are you going?” she really didn’t mind me. She just walked straight to a car at the car park which I presumed was hers. “Excuse me! Excuse me!”

She just sped off. I just wished that I had controlled the class better.
When I got back to the class the whole place was quite, and many had remorseful faces on. Deep down I was feeling bad that I had allowed something like that to happen. I just went straight to the ‘Preacher’.

“Was that a deliberate personal attack on that girl? Or it was a message from the Holy Ghost?” I asked him rhetorically.

“Hm T.A Fred! You don’t know that girl! She bi dangerous than Delilah!” someone shouted again.

“Enough of the taunting!” “If all that you guys did was a personal attack on that girl, then it wasn’t right. No matter how bad you think she may be! Most of you here may claim to be Christians! You could put yourself in her shoes. How would you have felt? At times it’s because of how you present your message that sinners get more hardened and move farther away!”

“Who doesn’t want to feel loved?” I asked them for which they were all silent. “Who doesn’t want to be loved? Everyone wants to be loved! Even the worst people! And that’s why you should share anything you want to share based on love! You could put yourself in her shoes and just tell me how you would have felt if your own colleagues treated you that way.”

For a long while the lecture room was silent. I quickly put all that had happened behind me then went on to discuss the course content with them.
Afterwards, when the class was almost ending, I wondered again about the girl. “How will she get the course outline now?”

“Who’s the lady’s friend in this class if I may ask?” and there was no response. I just quickly assumed that she probably didn’t have a friend in the class.

“Alright then! That’s all for today! We’ll meet again same time on Friday! Class rep, kindly wait behind”
Somehow, I wanted to know more about the girl - the reason why I asked the rep to wait behind.

“Hm. T.A… it’s only because you’re asking oo. But that girl… Hm”

“Alright! You tell me!”

“Did you ever hear of one lecturer from the English department’s scandal which led to him being suspended? Yeah she’s the female student involved.” He said

And of course. I had heard of rumors about that amongst some of the lecturers concerning a girl who had a video recording of the English lecturer making sexual advances towards her after threatening to fail her. I now understood why she wasn’t well received even among her own colleagues since the lecturer in question was a member of the chaplaincy committee.

“I mean it’s so impossible for that lecturer to be involved in such a thing. He’s a man of good repute. He said that he was trapped. But the girl still seems to stand by what she said, that the lecturer threatened to fail her. And so she pretended to have agreed so she could get the video as proof. But that girl T.A Fred, we don’t trust her. She’s always with different men… you did you see the tattoo at her back? And even how she had dressed? You can imagine the kind of girl she is! I’m sure she trapped the man just to disgrace him”

“Hmm…” I sighed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Healing Rain. by optional1(f): 3:39pm On May 24, 2016
lovean making Scss2 Aj proud here. Nice one bestie.
Re: Healing Rain. by optional1(f): 4:02pm On May 24, 2016
lovean is there Episode 3 pls or dats d end of Healing Rain.
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:31pm On May 30, 2016
HEALING RAIN. EPISODE 3

I got to the hostel’s car park in hope that I’ll get to find her. I just wanted to let her have the course outline before the next class.

It sounded absurd, and I knew I didn’t have to do all that. But somehow, I just wanted to know more about her. Was everything her classmates were saying about her true? It seemed like I didn’t need much proof judging from how she dressed, her attitude, the tattoo, and even how she carried herself. But then again, I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I wanted to trust that she wasn’t characterless as it was being rumored. Deep down I had that gut feeling that she probably has been pushed to that point due of circumstances.

It was surprising how I picked her car number that day when she walked out of the class. Fortunately I saw that car going towards the hostel. I just decided to get to the hostel car park in hope that I’ll get to see her.

Lo and behold her car was parked there. “She probably must be in this hostel!” I thought to myself. “Man… Now how would I find her?”

I decided to ask some two ladies who I saw come out of the hostel

“Oh this is Janelle’s car right?” one asked the other.

“Janelle” I repeated since I actually didn’t know her name.

“Yes I’m sure it’s hers. She’s in room 2037.

“Oh. Thanks a lot ladies!”

“He probably must be one of her numerous!” “Hahaha… I doubt… this one doesn’t look rich!” I overheard them say with giggles as they walked past me.

“One of her numerous? Wow. God should I just turn back?” I seemed to ask myself.

……
[At Janelle’s door]

Knock! Knock!

“Yea hold on… Just a sec!” I heard her shout from the inside. It seemed like she was on phone and was cooking too as I could perceive the aroma coming out through her windows.

Soon she opened the door, and at that moment I felt like either disappearing or shutting the door again. How could she be dressed in such a revealing and provocative manner? Before I could express my shock she beckoned me to come inside.

I calmed down as I resisted turning to look at her whiles she stirred whatever she was cooking was on fire. I realized that she had the room all to herself. That’s very expensive in the university community.

My eyes quickly went onto her obvious shoe rack which had pumps of different heel lengths and other footwear. I saw her picture portrait on the wall as well which had the caption “Woman, rule your world!”

“Interesting!” I thought to myself. She signaled me to have a seat which I did.

“Hi, excuse me!” she finally gave me her attention after she ended the phone call. “Can I do anything for you?” I looked at her face and that seemed to make all my words disappear. I suddenly got dumb.

“Uhm… Uhh… Janelle, I guess?”

“Uh huh!” she said with a nod. The look on her face could tell she couldn’t recognize me. Actually I wouldn’t have recognized her too if not for the tattoo I saw at her back.

“Uhm Okay… I am… I’m Fr…” Just then there was a knock on her door.

“A moment please!” she said with a grin as she walked towards the door.

Quickly glancing through the room again, I saw something which got me quite perturbed. There was a bible behind the fridge, and it probably looked like it had been there for long.

Unexpectedly I heard her scream out at the man who stood at the door with so much bitterness in her voice

“How did you find me? What the hell do you want from me?”

#HealingRain

HEALING RAIN – EPISODE 4

“How did you find me? What the hell do you want from me?”

I wondered why she was shouting at the man at the door. I could sense anger in her voice.

“Janelle pl...” the man tried speaking and he was sharply interjected by her.

“Don’t mention my name! You don’t know me! And I also don’t know you! You’re dead in my heart! I hate you with all my heart! Get out from here! Clear out of my sight!”

BANG!!!

I had never seen a woman so enraged, except for the usual I see in telenovelas.

“O you’re with him, right?” she turned to address me like an angry lioness.

I actually froze just by the tone she spoke to me with this time round. Before I could come out of the shock to explain to her that I’m her T.A and that I was only bringing to her the course outline, I got the resounding “Get out from my room!” with her index finger directing to the doorway.

As though responding to a military command, I quickly jumped off the chair and just walked out of the room.

When I got out I realized that some students were peeping through their windows and doors wondering what probably might have happened. I really felt so embarrassed since it looked like I was the reason for the chaos. They probably missed the real action. I was just the anticlimax, but to them, I probably was the climax. I just walked back to my department.

……..
FRIDAY MORNING

It was a Friday. I quickly got to the campus from home and headed for the department. Dr. Obuor’s lecture with the 2nd year students was on that morning. As I got to the general office, I remembered the incident that had occurred on the first day, and also what happened at Janelle’s place. I quickly put that behind me then got the necessary teaching materials for the class.

Walking through the corridor, I was brought to a halt as I saw Janelle standing before one of the notice boards.

“Hi. How are you?” I asked when I got closer. She turned to look at me looking all lavish.

“Hello…” she replied with a look on her face which seemed to wonder where she had met me before.

“To Dr. Obuor’s lecture, right? Here… this’ the course outline…” I said as I handed the sheet over to her.

“O... thank you… You... Look familiar… Have we met before?”

Really? I thought to myself. Was it pretense, or she really couldn’t remember me

“Oh! Yes! We have met before… I was the gentleman who ca… I mean… I’m your T.A”

What was I going to say? It was good that I came back to my senses. If she really couldn’t remember that I was the guy who came to her room the last time, there wasn’t any need referring to that. I am a T.A, and that’s what I am to her.

Smiling at her, I just continued my walk.

The usual students chattering was going on when I entered the lecture hall. It went down however when they realized that I was in. Two ladies at the front however kept talking. It really looked as though they were gossiping.

“Ei she’s coming! She’s coming!” I heard one murmur.

Wondering who they were referring to, the door opened and Janelle entered. As though by reflex I gave them a stern look which I think silenced the class. Soon Dr. Obour came in to lecture.

“Alright! We’ll meet again next week!” he said to them as the class ended. “Fred I’ve got a departmental meeting to attend so I’ll rush off now.” He told me.

I realized Janelle was the first to leave the hall. I thought to myself that maybe she loves living a life of isolation.

After all the students had left, I closed my eyes to say a word of prayer for a successful lecture. When I opened my eyes, however, I felt a gaze upon me. Turning towards the direction, I saw Janelle standing at the doorway. She started to walk towards me like an investigating detective.

“You look familiar… it seems to me that we’ve met before” she said slitting her eyes. “I remember… you came to my room some days back…”

“Yes… and you ended up sacking me in an embarrassing manner” I said in my head.

“Yes… I was actually just bringing to you the course outline. It just wasn’t a good day I think. And also apologize for what happened in the class the last time.”

Unexpectedly, she also apologized. “I really apologize. It’s just that… some people and some situations just bring the hell out of you… I apologize. ”
Was she apologizing out of fear that I’ll retaliate later on since I was her T.A? Or she was really being genuine? I asked myself. “That’s alright. Don’t worry!”

“And those who act all spiritual and holy…The so called Christians… it baffles me… I think that they actually don’t know what Christianity is… a bunch of hypocrites they are… that’s why I don’t go to church or believe in anything! They bring out the hell in me the most…Probably cuz’ they all think that some of us are hell bound!” she said with a wink as she pouted her lips at me. I wondered what that meant.

“Alright T.A! Later!” with that she left.

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:37pm On May 30, 2016
optional1:
lovean is there Episode 3 pls or dats d end of Healing Rain.
mores coming....stay tuned .
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:44pm On May 30, 2016
I sincerely apologize to all those that have been waiting for more update on the story....I just have some network ish ...hoping it gets solved soon.tnx all.
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 6:50pm On May 30, 2016
HEALING RAIN EPISODE 5

“And those who act all spiritual and holy…The so called Christians… it baffles me… I think that they actually don’t know what Christianity is… a bunch of hypocrites they are… that’s why I don’t go to church or believe in anything! They bring out the hell in me the most…Probably cuz’ they all think that some of us are hell bound!”

These words by Janelle kept replaying in my head for days. I am a Christian, and I really felt sad that she will say such things about us. She said that we don’t actually know what Christianity is about. What is Christianity about? Love… Love demonstrated on the cross. Were we preaching that? I guess she seemed to be hearing more of hell, and condemnation shrouded messages. Well hell I know is real, and heaven as well. But I guess she heard more of hell than she did about God’s love. Of course, at every dawn there was a broadcast at the various halls and hostels by Christian groups.

Why did she open up to me about those things? Did we believers really make some unbelievers feel like they’re hell bound, and had no hope? Did we in an effort to point them to Christ condemn them, instead of show them love? Do we smile at them? Talk to them? Say hello to them in our offices and in our schools? Or we gave them that look like they probably may be possessed by a legion? Do we pray for them that they may know Christ? Or we probably had ‘holy’ gossips about them?

It was mind boggling, and personally, I realized that I had faulted in some ways. I decided then, to show people like Janelle love, instead of make them feel condemned. But then again, I hoped to know why she was the way she was. She always looked embittered, even behind her 24 hour heavy make-up and sunglasses. I also later realized that the tattoo at her back looked had an obscure image of a woman crushing the head of a man with her heel. Weird…

Days passed. And it was time for our campus ministry group to go for evangelism at the various halls and hostels towards an upcoming All Students Crusade. I decided to be part of them since I’ve always loved sharing Jesus with people.

We got to the male block of one of the ‘expensive’ hostels in the university and paired ourselves. We got to the One-In-A-Room floor. After much prayer, we hoped that they would welcome us at least and listen to the Word with us.

Knock Knock!

“Yes come in!” a female voice responded. My partner and I were shocked since it was an all-male block. We entered all the same.

To my amazement, I saw Janelle sitting on the bed in the room with just a men’s long sleeve shirt on.

My counterpart and I were shocked. She however acted as though she didn’t know me.

“He however gathered some courage to say “Hello Miss! Please we are here to share the word of God with you! We’re sorry for invading your privacy. We may just wait a while outside so you get dressed a bit.”

“O I’m cool!” she said as she tried to pull the shirt downwards. But it actually did no good. After a brief moment of silence she said “Alright! Maybe you guys are afraid that you’ll backslide!” she then placed two pillows on her thighs and on her legs.

“Actually the inhabitant of this room stepped out. So I dunno if you’ll wait, or you’ll just go on and share. But he’ll actually be back around 11pm or 12. So you could just relay the message then, I’ll let him have it when he returns.” She said to us

Was she going to stay in the guy’s room till that time? Or she probably was thinking of spending the night over there? So many thoughts seemed to be racing through my mind.

“Okay! Well the Gospel is for everyone right? We’ll just go on and share with you then!” my counterpart said. “Brother Fred! Kindly pray with us then!”

"Uh?"

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN- EPISODE SIX

And so I prayed. Deep down in my heart I prayed again that whatever the Lord willed for this young lady would come to pass.

My counterpart Augustine shared from Hosea, one of the less popular books in the Bible I think. But it’s a great book. Hosea is a book about love, and how God used the Prophet’s marriage to a prostitute to demonstrate how he loved Israel with an everlasting love. I loved the chapter 1:2 personally. (You probably should get to read the Book of Hosea in the Bible if you haven’t yet. ) Augustine shared from the chapter 11:1-8, with emphasis on the verse 8

“But how can I give up on you?
How can I let you go?
How can I leave you to be ruined?
I can’t bear to even think such thoughts” Augustine continued.

“Sister! That is the word of the Lord! He can’t give up on us! Israel probably was the most rebellious and adulterous and idolatrous nation, yet the Lord loved Israel still dearly! Because the Lord loves us too despite everything he sent his son Jesus to die for our sins. Because he doesn’t want us to perish and get ruined. In our worse state of sin that was when God showed us love! Even Israel was shown so much love, how much more for us now since Jesus has showed the greatest love by dying on the cross for us?”

I was happy with Augustine’s message. Because God loves us he can’t leave any one of us to perish. I stole glances at Janelle just trying to figure out how she was receiving the message.

After Augustine’s sharing Janelle asked.
“So you’re saying that God loves us right? I don’t believe entirely in that. Because…people go through so much trouble in this world. Many people get abused and broken hearted. If God loves us, then why do some people go through all this?”

That was indeed a thought provoking question. I signaled Augustine that I would want to address that question.

“Alright… what you’re saying is true. It’s rather unfortunate that many people go through all that. But the world will continue to be a hostile and an abusive place if people refuse to allow the love of God to shine in their hearts. And one thing we know for sure is that, God is with us through it all. He said that when we go through the fire or the waters he is with us. We may not understand why bad things happen to people in this world, but we know one thing for sure, that God is always near to heal the broken hearted, if only you will let him heal you. And definitely since he is a just God, he will reward each and every man according to his works.” I told her.

“But why does He wait for people to get hurt and broken hearted before he comes in to help?” she asked again

Wow, I thought. “Like I said, it’s all about people letting the love of Christ shine in their hearts. If the love of God is in you, you won’t hurt your neighbor or do your neighbor harm. If the love of God is in you, you won’t abuse another person. But God has given each and every individual his or her will, for which we will be accountable. If one chooses to hurt or break another person’s heart, God warns of such evil acts… in scriptures, in our consciences he warns us against evil. And he expects that by the free will every man will choose to do what is right. And just as the laws of our land punish wrongdoers, so will God pass judgment on each and every person for his or her works.”

She seemed quite okay with the answers. We went on to invite her for the upcoming crusade.

“All Believers Crusade? I’m not a believer!” she said sarcastically. “Most of those who claim to be believers are hypocrites!”

“Oh! Why do you say so?” Augustine asked disappointedly.

“ See! Let me tell you this! You people never bother to really get to know people! You just stand far off and pass judgment! Many people walk around with broken hearts and bleeding souls! Many people are wounded by hurts and betrayal and disappointments and …abuse… Your way of showing such people love is to stand at a distance and prejudice them for staining their ‘garments’! Yes that’s what many of you guys do! Many so called Christians never actually realize that people’s hearts are broken and oozing, and that’s why they’re stained with resentments and hatred and even mistrust in God! You people should change! I’ve been into Christianity before, and at least I know that that’s not what Jesus taught!”

What she said was blunt, and Augustine and I were really shocked.

“Mhh okay! I’ll see if I can come!” she said. “Okay thank you for the motivational message on love. If you don’t mind, I think that I want to sleep now”

We got that signal. So we prayed with her and thanked her, then we left.

However, all that she said again got me thinking a lot.

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN – EPISODE 7

So on the last lecture day for the semester, Dr. Obuor asked that I have a tutorial class with the students. I adequately did that, and took them through some tit bits on how to answer exam questions. After the class I reminded them again of the crusade that was taking place over the weekend on campus.

As they were leaving I called on Janelle. “Janelle, I’m expecting you at the crusade today o!”

“Oh T.A Fred… hmmm. I’ve got other plans oo... All night...”

“All night?” I asked her surprisingly.

“Mmh yes o! Some All night long partying… It’s just like having fun for the last before the exams heat is on, you know! All studying and no fun makes Janelle dull for exams!”

“Okay I’ll pray so you don’t get dull during the exam period. But I’m requesting that you come for the crusade today. Okay? Just try and come. It’s a request” I tried convincing her.

“Mhh! Alright, I’ll see!”

I requested for her contact as well for which she gave.

So the weekend for the crusade came. It was about starting so I decided to call Janelle to ask if she was coming.

“Oh T.A Fred! Hmm! I planned of coming o! I even got dressed up! But my car is giving me problems (Lie)”

“Really? Okay don’t worry I’ll get a taxi then come for you soon” I said quickly

“Oh T.A Fred you needn’t! Maybe it’s God’s way of saying that I shouldn’t come for the crusade o!”

I laughed in my head “Janelle, I’m in a taxi now. I’m coming for you ok?”

Apparently she hadn’t even washed down or dressed up like she was saying. I realized that she didn’t want to come along. But I waited patiently for her. It was funny how she was trying to play smart.

“T.A Fred I think I should disguise myself o. If not when people see me at the crusade grounds they’ll leave out of shock of seeing me there.

“Hahaha! You’re funny! Just be yourself okay? Nobody will leave!”

“Hmm… are you sure? Okay! But you won’t sit with me o. if not people will think that you’re my boyfriend. And they will think that you’ve backslidden”

“You this girl!” I said shaking my head. “Alright, as you wish. I’ll just sit behind you then.”

So we got to the crusade grounds and got seated. Deep down I was just praying that Janelle would experience God’s power again.

The crusade was powerful: from the praises to the worship to the word. The Evangelist spoke on God’s love for all. He used many illustrations from Bible characters who experienced the love of Christ despite everything.

Finally, he said “I Sense the Sun of Righteousness here…with healing in his wings. I hear the sound of rain… healing rain…. Ready to take off and wash off yokes and bondages… ready to set free…”

Suddenly, the power of God filled the place like never before. People began to fall under it. People began to weep. Within myself I felt love all over.

“Jesus is here… with healing… to heal the wounded…and the broken hearted… To set you free from yokes of hurt and abuse and disappointments. To set you free from emotional pain and to make you experience love again.” He continued ministering.

It seemed like a revival was breaking forth. Even the ushers were falling.

Suddenly I heard Janelle scream out loud, then fell to the ground and broke down in tears.

“Ei what’s happening?” I thought to myself

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by vicstar(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN – EPISODE 8

It seemed like a revival was breaking forth. Even the ushers were falling. Suddenly I heard Janelle scream out loud, then fell to the ground and broke down in tears.

“Ei what’s happening?” I thought to myself.

The evangelist continued to minister, and Janelle continued to shed tears profusely. Many other people were also crying.

Then he began to sing the song “There is a sweet anointing in this sanctuary. There is a stillness in the atmosphere. O come lay down the burdens you have carried, for in this sanctuary God is here.”

As though drawn by some magnetic force, people suddenly began to run the front in tears and in surrender. Janelle was one of them. The evangelist had not even made an altar call, yet they all rushed to the front. They surrendered their lives to Christ that day, and many received both physical and emotional healing.

I remained dumbfounded throughout the rest of the program. When it ended, I really didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how to ask Janelle what happened.

After they had gone to meet the crusade and discipleship team, Janelle came to me and just said, “T.A Fred, God is real! His love is real! He’s lifted my burden of many years! I feel free! I feel liberated! I feel loved” Then she began to cry again. I was quite confused as I didn’t know what to do still. I realized that she wanted to talk. So I got a place for us to sit.
“I think this crusade was meant for me. You know, I’ve carried hurts and resentments for years. I’ve hated men in general, because of how abusive I knew the men in my life to be...”

“Hmm!” I sighed.

“I was the only child of my parents. When I was a child, I observed so many instances where my dad brutally abused my mum. It was brutal. She lost many pregnancies due to that. And I wasn’t spared either... I was physically abused many times by my own father…. So, my mum and I decided to run away after one of such incidences. Unfortunately, my mum had had a miscarriage again due to that... We went to my uncle’s house in another town. He lived alone with his son. Over there, mum bled and bled till she died. Some of the products of conception had actually remained in her womb after the miscarriage… and that made her bleed till her she died. I blamed my dad for my mum’s death. I hated him from then. And I hated God too. I used to ask myself where he was in all that….” she sobbed
“… And as though all that wasn’t enough… Life became a living hell for me… My uncle’s son started to abuse me…sexually…. I was only 14 by then… Almost every night, he would come to my room and rape me…it went on for long. I became fearful and depressed. I felt like taking my own life… then later, I decided that I had to fight for myself…

“One night, I decided to a knife under my pillow, with the idea of threatening him with it so he won’t rape me again. That night he came again. I pulled out the knife. I told him to back off. But he wouldn’t… He started unzipping… I told him to stop… Hut he wouldn’t … He started to struggle with me… I told him to stop…But he wouldn’t…He tried to take off my clothes…I told him to stop…”

She halted as she burst into tears again.

“And what happened?” I asked her empathetically.

“He didn’t stop! I stabbed him with the knife! I stabbed him! I don’t know what came over me!”

I felt so sad for her.

“My uncle suddenly appeared. He rushed his son to the hospital. But he died on the way. He hated me. He knew about all that his son was doing to me, but he never asked him to stop... It was reported to the police… I had to defend myself… I told them of the number of times he had sexually abused me… and how I decided to use the knife to my defense should he try to abuse me again….. The long and short, my uncle ejected me from his house. I became a wanderer.

“Then later I met a certain woman, who said she would help me… Give me a place to sleep then cater for my education…On one condition: that I work for her during the vacation period. The work was to be… a stripper…T.A Fred, I feel ashamed sharing these things…

“At the age of 17, I was introduced to nudity and stripteasing… the targets mostly were married men… What we did was to take videos of that… Then later we anonymously blackmail them with the threat that we’ll show it to their wives. That’s how I’ve been surviving. To me it was an opportunity to take revenge on men. To crush them… To destroy them… through that I made money… through that I even got my car…

“The tattoo at my back… I modified it… from a scar that formed after my dad had physically abused me on one occasion… Looking at what I’ve been through and how my mum died, I modified the scar with the tattoo. If you’re to take a critical look at my tattoo, it’s of a man whose head is being crushed by the heel of a woman… Cuz I had vowed to crush men… that’s why I didn’t spare that lecturer. He really asked for sexual favors from me, if not he would fail me… so I acted like I had agreed, then took a video… And I felt happy knowing that I had destroyed and disgraced him…

“During one time I had gone to the club to ‘work’, I was taken into one room to striptease a certain man. When I got there, I quickly recognized the man…a shameless and heartless man…”

“Who was it?” I asked her.

“My own Father!”

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN EPISODE 9

“Who was it?” I asked her.

“My own father!”

“Huh? My God. Janelle…. So sorry about all this!”

“I did recognize him… and he did too. He was shocked…But I was rather enraged. All the hurt and anger in me got revived. He was the last person I wished to see… I quickly left because I was afraid that I’d just end up strangling him to death. For I really wanted to do that.”

“Hmm. So was it your father who came knocking on your door the day I first came to your room?”

“Yes! That was him… he was coming to ask for forgiveness. “I’ve gone through hell… Most people see me to be wayward, and loose and characterless… I’ve dated many guys on campus, and even married men… I’ve had some men’s wives come to my hostel to warn me… This life wasn’t the kind of life I ever wanted. But there was no one to help. People saw me as a murderer…Even believers, and so they wouldn’t help me ... I was angry with God… I really needed him then, but I just couldn’t find him… But tonight, I think I’ve found God, T.A Fred. For many years I’ve felt unloved and lonely and valueless and dirty and hopeless… But I think he’s visited me today… and I feel his love all over me… for the first time in a long time, I feel at rest and satisfied.”

It was sad getting to know that such a young lady would go through all that. I couldn’t imagine how broken and bitter she might have felt for all these number of years. I praised the Lord so much for saving her. With the help of another female Christian friend, Janelle started getting discipled and going to church. I loved the zeal with which her love for Jesus was building.

Some days later, Janelle came to meet me at the department to tell me about some decision she had taken.

“T.A Fred… I’ve been thinking… Honestly in these past few days of experiencing Jesus, I have decided that I wouldn’t want to go back to my old ways anymore. Soon school would be vacating… and I know what that means to me… when I leave for the Mistress’ house, she would expect me to go stripping with the other girls, as usual. And I really don’t want to go back to that…I went to meet her today… I told her that I had met Jesus, and that I wouldn’t want to live that kind of life anymore… I quit…”

“Janelle… honestly it’s a good decision… it probably might have been a tough one to make… but it still is a good decision… But… How did she react with the news?”

“Hmm… She became furious… She was like, I met Jesus, and so what? And that I should choose between Jesus and the help that she gives me… I asked her to understand me… She asked me to pack my things and leave the house with my ‘Jesus’, and that I can’t expect her to be providing for me shelter and any other thing else if I won’t go stripping…”

I was really sad for Janelle. “Janelle… Don’t worry, okay? Everything will be well… I’ll speak with some people to see how best we can help you. But definitely you aren’t going back to that life… And God will definitely take care of you. Trust that he will…”

“Yes… I believe. I just want to totally surrender to Him… Life has never felt fulfilled without Him…”
When she mentioned total surrender, I gathered the courage to ask her about something she would hardly want to speak about.

“Janelle… it is a good decision to want to surrender totally to God… But, I just want to ask you. Have you thought of letting go any grudges and resentments you hold against your father?” She suddenly looked embittered when I mentioned her father.

“No! Some people don’t deserve forgiveness or pardon! That man does not deserve to be forgiven… I’m going through all this hell because of him!”

“Janelle… And neither do I want you to go through hell in the life after this, because unforgiveness and bitterness has taken a lot of Christians to hell. Janelle just surrender all the hurts and resentments and allow Jesus to heal you wholly. You ne…”

“T.A Fred please!” she sharply interjected. “I’m sorry… but I think I want to leave for the hostel now. I’m sorry!” with that she left. It was obvious she didn’t want to talk about that.

Later on in the day, I left my phone on charge at the general office while I continued to record the examination marks for Dr. Obour at the department. After a while a colleague came to me with my phone saying,

“Charlie Fred! Somebody dey call saaa. I think say your girlfriend dey try reach you o. Your phone bell saaa”

What he said was humorous to me since I actually didn’t have a girlfriend. 13 missed calls? I wondered who it was.

“Janelle? Why what’s up? 13 missed calls from Janelle?” I thought.

However, I actually got scared the more when I checked my inbox to read a text message she had sent.

“HELP! Hel…” it read. “Jesus! What might be happening to her?” As though with the speed of lighting, I rushed quickly to her hostel.

“Janelle!” I screamed out as I forcibly opened her door. “Jesus! Janelle! Janelle! Open your eyes! Who did this to you?!”

I found Janelle unconscious lying in a pool of blood.
#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN: EPISODE 10

“Jesus! Janelle! Janelle! Open your eyes! Who did this to you?!”

I found Janelle lying in a pool of blood unconscious.

She had been stabbed. I quickly alerted the hostel security and I rushed her to the University Hospital.

The situation looked critical, as the doctor said that she had lost so much blood. Her BP and pulse were dropping. “My God! My God please save her!” I prayed.

“She needs to receive blood… if not we’ll lose her” the doctor said. “But this looks critical now. She is of blood group O negative. That’s a very rare group. And she can receive transfusion from only an O negative donor! We’ve run out of that blood group here too! Work on getting a donor fast!” he said.

Honestly at that moment I was all confused. I wasn’t in that blood group. I tried calling all my friends whose names came to mind, and none were in that group.

As I stood there in my confusion, I received a tap. I turned to see who it was. I remembered that I had seen that face before.

It was Janelle’s father.

“Please. I’m sorry… But that is my daughter. I went to the hostel looking for her again. I wanted to ask for her forgiveness again. And I overheard some students saying that she’s been rushed to this hospital. How is she?”

I was dumbfounded as I least expected him to be there. He looked so sorry and sad.

“She’s right to blame me for all that she’s become. Was she trying to kill herself? Oh God please forgive me! I’ve destroyed my daughter’s life” he said.

“No. she didn’t try to kill herself Sir. It was a murder attempt… but she needs blood… O negative blood. If not we will lose her” I told him sadly.

“O negative? Where’s the doctor? I’m O negative! Please they should let me donate to save my daughter.”

I knew Janelle was angry with her father still. I was in a dilemma because she was unconscious still, and I was afraid that she wouldn't be happy with my decision to receive the blood from her father to her. But then again her life was at stake. Before I could think of a response to give him, he out of desperation went to see the doctor and requested to donate blood to Janelle.

Not long afterwards the emergency unit started getting filled by some of Janelle’s course mates, including those who used to taunt her

“T.A Fred... How's she please? “ their course rep asked. I couldn't give a reply.

I thought to myself, “sorry Janelle. I'd rather allow this blood transfusion to go on and save your life than watch you die!” I told the students just to pray for her. Her father as well was running some tests before the blood donation would commerce.

A little afterwards, Janelle regained consciousness. I wasn’t sure about how she would react should she get to see her father around. I went to see her then spoke with her alone.

“Someone wanted me dead. The mistress had apparently gone to use my last stripping video to blackmail the businessman involved. The man probably thought that it was me. He came to my room saying that he will kill me before I destroy his life. He stabbed me.”

I felt sorry for her. Then again I had to explain to her the critical situation. That she needed to receive blood. And that her blood type was rare to get.

“Janelle… your father… he is here…”

“I don’t want to see him!”

“Janelle… Listen to me… he’s the only one here who is your match! He wants to donate to save you! Just forgive him Janelle! Forgive him”

“I don’t need his help! I don’t need his blood! I would rather die than receive his help…!” She said bitterly.

Just then, I received a signal from the nurse that her father wanted to see me outside. I left her alone then went to meet her father again.

“Young man! Oh God!” he started which got me more worried

“Sir what is it?”

“ I can't donate the blood. I'm a mess! Now I can't save my daughter!”

“Sir! Why aren't you in group O negative?”

“I am... But again I'm positive”

“Ah Sir how can you be negative and positive at the same time? Positive for what? “

“Hepatitis B” He said almost in tears.

“Huh?”

#HealingRain
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
HEALING RAIN EPISODE 11 (FINAL EPISODE)

“Ah Sir, how can you be positive and negative at the same time? Positive for what?”

“Hepatitis B” he said almost in tears.

“Huh?” “O God! Why all this?” I thought to myself. I began to pace on the corridor.

“Young man! There’s no time to waste! What are you people waiting for? Get an O negative donor now!” the doctor said almost yelling at me.

“O negative? O negative? T.A Fred, I’m O negative!” Screamed out one of the students.

Quickly we got him to the lab to get tested.

Soon the blood was ready, but Janelle had fallen unconscious again. They asked us to go out whiles the team of doctors and nurses attended to her.
I observed her father standing at a distance sadly. I approached him and said “She will be fine Sir. I believe!”“I don’t even have the courage to pray to God on my daughter’s behalf young man. Probably he’s punishing me for being a bad father and an irresponsible man… And now I have a venereal disease.”

“Sir, don’t be hard on yourself. If you truly repent of your sins God will forgive you. Yes he may not take this disease away from you, but then he will forgive you!”

“I can’t forgive myself! I can’t forgive myself! And I don’t even have the courage to ask God for forgiveness. My daughter’s life wouldn’t have been this way if only I had been a good man. Now I’ve made her the sole heir of all my properties. But I will be filled with much joy rather when she forgives me.”

“Don’t worry. It is well!”

I thanked the student who donated the blood, then asked the students to go back to campus.

“No T.A, we really can’t. All of us know that we probably had judged her wrongly, and none of us ever showed her love. And we just want to rectify that and let her know that we all are sorry.” Their rep said.

I asked them just to be praying for her, and that since it was getting late, the nurses might not allow them all to go inside to see her. They decided then to come again the next morning.

Early the next morning, I went to ask from the nurses to see Janelle. “It’s a miracle!” one of the nurses told me “In the night, she kept moaning ‘I let go! I let go! Wash it away! Wash it away!’ It really got us scared since we thought that it was a near death experience or something. But afterwards rather, her vitals started getting better. We observed her throughout the night, and she is much better this morning.”
I was happy to hear that. I went to her room to see her, and I even got more excited that I was met with smiles from Janelle. It made me believe what the nurse said.

Surprisingly, she started thanking me for everything, and asked that I say thank you to the gentleman who donated the blood. I was surprised.

“Wait! How did you get to know? You were unconscious, right? Or that was fake?”

“Hahaha!” she laughed out loud for the first time in a long while. “I heard everything… Okay not everything” she laughed again. “But I understand that at times when people are unconscious, they still get to hear. So next time before you go insulting any ‘unconscious’ enemy just bear in mind that the person probably can hear you!” That was funny and it really made me laugh as well.

“Alright Janelle. We thank God for saving you. Well it’s morning now. So tell me, what do you want?”

Then there was silence for a brief moment.
“My dad! I want to see my dad!”

“Wow!” I thought. She saw the surprised look on my face, and she smiled.

“T.A Fred, I let go… I’ve let go of everything. Now I want to meet my dad.”

I was so filled with happiness to hear that. I quickly run out to search for him. On my way out I met some of her course mates with flowers and cards and fruits going to see Janelle. I asked them to go inside and that I’d return shortly.

I found Janelle’s father. Apparently he passed the night in his car at the hospital premise.
“Sir! Sir! She wants to see you! Janelle has requested to see you!” I could tell from the look of his face that he was surprised. He quickly got out of the car then walked with me to the ward.
He was so surprised to see Janelle smiling and laughing with all her course mates around her. I actually was surprised too.

“So Janelle. Once again we would want to say thank you for accepting our apology. We judged you wrongly, and we didn’t even make the effort to draw near to you. Your life has taught us many lessons even as Christians too. And we wish you speedy recovery.”

I was awed. I could sense wholeness and healing in the room. Before I realized they had already posed around her and were taking selfies.

“Ei we don’t do that here o!” the nurse told them, for which we all burst into laughter. Her dad looked happy.

“Now I think you guys need to excuse my dad and I now!” she said looking at her dad with a smile. So they all left, but Janelle asked me to stay.

Her dad was almost going on his knees
“No Father! Please don’t!”“Janelle… Please find a place in your heart to forgive me… Please forgi…”

“Dad… No. please say no more! From my heart of heart I have forgiven you. In my state of unconsciousness I struggled with that. I knew I had to let go of any hurt and bitterness. But a part of me still didn’t want to. But finally, love overcame, Dad. I let go! It was refreshing. And it felt like rain over my soul. I forgive you Dad! You’re my father, and forever you will be”

“Thank you! Thank you!” her father said in tears.

“And Dad! I’m really indebted to T.A Fred! God has used him to bless my life tremendously. I met Jesus through this man… Dad, and I want you to meet Jesus too!”

“Janelle! I never thought that I deserved forgiveness from you! How can I ask Jesus to forgive me?”

“Daddy! I was only able to forgive because Jesus first forgave me of every sin! I didn’t deserve his grace, but he looked upon me with grace! He will forgive you and make you a new creation again If only you will let him!”

I nodded in agreement.

“T.A Fred is here… he can lead you to say the sinner’s prayer and surrender your life today to Jesus, if only you are willing to receive Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior!”

“Yes my child! I want to be a better man again! I want to overcome the guilt and the frustration! I want to overcome this fear of eternally perishing! But most importantly, I want to love Jesus once again! Please lead me to Christ!” he sobbed. “I surrender!”

Janelle signaled me to lead him say the sinner’s prayer. But I said to her, “Janelle! Lead him to Christ. You’re also a child of God, one purchased with the blood of Jesus! So dear, go on!” I encouraged her for which she nodded with a smile in agreement.

“Okay Daddy. Please repeat this after me…Dear Father , I thank you. I thank you for coming in the form of the flesh and dying in my place. I thank you for being my perfect sacrifice. I admit that I am a sinner, and that I haven’t pleased you. Father, please wash me with the blood of Jesus and forgive me of all my sins. Enable me by your Holy Spirit to live a life that pleases you. Thank you Jesus, for coming into my heart. Amen!”

After the prayer, Father and daughter embraced each other in reunion.

It looked like a ‘Mission Impossible!’ But in Jesus, all things are made possible. In my heart as I watched the two of them shed tears of joy, I could sense the Lord’s healing and joy all over. For He is the only one who can heal the broken- hearted and bind up their wounds. And upon this precious life of Janelle, I believe his Healing Rain has fallen.

THE END
#HealingRain
THANKS FOR FOLLOWING.

1 Like

Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
I hope u all enjoyed the story and was also blessed by it.....smiles...God bless u all.and God loves u....tnx.
Re: Healing Rain. by optional1(f): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nice story lovean.

Hello emperorokemzy
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
optional1:
Nice story lovean.

Hello emperorokemzy
tnx deariii.....smiles.

1 Like

Re: Healing Rain. by optional1(f): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2016
Mr lalasticlala I draw your attention to this beautiful piece of writing from a friend I guess you haven't read it, kindly read it cos is a beautiful story.

lalasticlala over to you sir.......
Re: Healing Rain. by sammyogboso(m): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2016
Wow!! Dis is lovely man..........kudos
Re: Healing Rain. by lovean: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
sammyogboso:
Wow!! Dis is lovely man..........kudos
tnx dude...glory to God.

(1) (Reply)

Look Up To The Moon Right Now And Behold The Wonder Happening / See The Man All Of Us Thought That Is Jesus With His Swag(pic) / Friends And Secrets They Keep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.