Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age (57676 Views)

This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Kheddy(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
So you saying? As a 20year old guy. . . . .I should start looking for a 10year old girl to date

Smh
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by babatunx(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
personally, i believe age is just a number that has little correlation with one's maturity......I get along easily with mature minds, regardless of d age....
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AVRecruit: 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
Olushow144:

I wonder what age you want men to get married then cos 10yrs gap means you'll have to wait for her to finish schooling plus some other personal ambitions

men should get married 22-31. Girls should get married 18-26. the thing with girls is they need to be led. school does not prohibit marriage if anything it prevents girls from sleeping around during the University.

the issue is the world has changed and marriage i believe is far from what God intended it to be.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ptaller(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2016
@OP my lovely wife is just 3 months younger than me. I got married to her because she was the bes after I've dated younger girls for years hoping to prepare for the future, but their drama was just too much. You also have to have this at back of your mind, all women are almost the same when it's comes to drama, but some handle it better. My queen treat me like the king I ought to be, she reciprocate the respect, honour & joy I give her. My ex ( a younger girl) once told me she wasn't ready for a serious relationship & when I told her she could lose me, she said she can always get any man. I don't want anyone having the impresion of doing me a favour, but an older, mature lady see it the other way round. Every decision have it's merits & demerit. In conclusio, marry whoever that makes you happy & travel the journey of life together.

Cheers!!

7 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by DONLOVE: 9:01pm On May 23, 2016
Is true that ladies age fast, but for me when it comes to marriage what I think guys shuld look out for is a lady with understanding n good attitude , bcox that what really makes a home not just apperance

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Seunpaul01(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2016
marvelck:
Since women naturally age faster than men, its not advisable for a guy to marry a girl his age or within his age range. Guys need to marry girls they are far older than with at least 10 years, so that when she's aging everything will still be balanced. You can still be enjoying her breast, and also admiring her full waist line for a long time to come. Compare to when you marry a girl that's only 3 or 5 years younger than you. Before you know it, she'll start looking older than you apart from adding weight anyhow after giving kids. So, let there a space of like 10 years between you and the girl you want to marry, just like fathers used to do it in the past.

There is more to marriage than sex my guy.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by flokii: 9:04pm On May 23, 2016
babatunx:
personally, i believe age is just a number that has little correlation with one's maturity......I get along easily with mature minds, regardless of d age....

I get what d OP is trying to communicate tho..

Appearance over the years.. Guys age slowly than girls

You dnt want to be looking at ur wife 30 yrs into marriage with d urge to address her as ma instead of honey or sweetie cheesy
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by kennywiz: 9:05pm On May 23, 2016
The age matter comes in only when the heart is not truly involved, which is a situation every guy should avoid when considering a gal for marriage.

On the long run, everything disappears except the true glow in your hearts.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
Ontarget:

It depends. I look very much younger than my age. Some girls think I am 9 years younger than my actual age. In this case what it means is that girls who are 5yrs younger than me will look down on me thinking I am their junior, and when I come them they look too old for me. In this case I will have to end up marrying a girl 15 years younger than me to balance my young appearance.

Woah! cheesy this is a serious something ....

I dont think the young appearance would last forever, and there's 90% possibility you would live half of your life getting unneccessarily pissed at some decisions she'll take if she's 15 yrs younger b'cos your levels of reasoning are entirely different.... This could make inferiority complex creep into your relationship and make her do weird stuff that you can't imagine.....

If you feel 5 yrs difference makes you look younger, then i think you could go for 7-8 yrs sad 15 is out of the story sad sad ...

My 2 cents though wink
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by joshrare(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
halfricanadian:
Its how well u take care of your body

A yonger person can look older

And an older person can look younger

Especially when u bang less as a lady, or u start banging late. It helps greatly...
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 9:08pm On May 23, 2016
back2sender:

Not with women

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ok
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AceDomino(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2016
That's actually the OP's opinion, not ours.

Mr Marriage counselor
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 9:09pm On May 23, 2016
joshrare:

Especially when u bang less as a lady, or u start banging late. It helps greatly...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy abi na
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AVRecruit: 9:10pm On May 23, 2016
guys/girls be warned. 95% of nogerians are hypocrites. how many side chicks are same age as the wives?

the only way older woman can work is if theguy has had his fun....

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by tempem: 9:10pm On May 23, 2016
halfricanadian:
Its how well u take care of your body

A yonger person can look older

And an older person can look younger
Thanks for not falling my hand.... You deserve a gold star. grin grin
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Olushow144: 9:11pm On May 23, 2016
AVRecruit:

men should get married 22-31. Girls should get married 18-26. the thing with girls is they need to be led. school does not prohibit marriage if anything it prevents girls from sleeping around during the University.

the issue is the world has changed and marriage i believe is far from what God intended it to be.
I can't see a 10yr gap in this your 18-26, 22-31 analysis. And maybe it is in your own version of the bible that women should be 5-10 yrs younger. Pls stop deceiving ppl by placing age above true love

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by joshrare(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Op leave mata for matthias. I don't date ladies who are more than 3yrs below my age. Trust me, I cope better with the older ladies, dating those with a wide age gap would be like teaching a kid how to talk.

Your point is sustained but dating is quiet different from marriage....certainly older ladies are cool with dating..
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by chronique(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
I used to say I can't date a small girl,and even used to run away from the ones that liked me,until I met one lately. I'm planning to wife her asap and she's 12yrs younger than me. Sometimes when I look at the age difference,I feel embarrassed but hey,love and understanding is what matters and why her case is different,is cos she's very intelligent and matured. Age shouldn't really be the focus in settling down though.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by halfricanadian(f): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
tempem:

Thanks for not falling my hand.... You deserve a gold star. grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ok o
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Spanner4(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
angry

Mtcheew,Ops must be high with weed

Anyway Still thinking about" Who to marry", where to marry and what age to marry

Help pls
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by fof1: 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
marvelck:
Since women naturally age faster than men, its not advisable for a guy to marry a girl his age or within his age range. Guys need to marry girls they are far older than with at least 10 years, so that when she's aging everything will still be balanced. You can still be enjoying her breast, and also admiring her full waist line for a long time to come. Compare to when you marry a girl that's only 3 or 5 years younger than you. Before you know it, she'll start looking older than you apart from adding weight anyhow after giving kids. So, let there a space of like 10 years between you and the girl you want to marry, just like fathers used to do it in the past.

THATS UR OWN CLASS AND STANDARD. 5 YRS DIFFERECE IS ENOUGH. MORE THAN THAT IS BAD FOR ME. LOVE AND CARE IS MOST IMPORTANT AND USEFUL FOR LASTING CO EXISTENCE. LEARN.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AVRecruit: 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
Olushow144:

I can't see a 10yr gap in this your 18-26, 22-31 analysis. And maybe it is in your own version of the bible that women should be 5-10 yrs younger. Pls stop deceiving ppl by placing age above true love

i didnt say it must b 10 years. the ages i listed are already young.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Is it your sugarrr? tongue

my uncle is my father/mother's brother, he isn't my uncle. grin He is my husband.
Eehn? Wow
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by TrumpDonald(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2016
I like older women. All my girlfriends have been older and my wife to be older too. Age remains a number. Marrying a younger woman will not prevent you from looking else where...so its not important. If you fall in love with an older woman, marry her.

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by STILESGANG: 9:21pm On May 23, 2016
The silly op thinks marriage is all about sex

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sangfroidJJ: 9:25pm On May 23, 2016
Shakiri February 2, 1979 and Gerard Pique February 2, 1989.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by sangfroidJJ: 9:25pm On May 23, 2016
Shakira February 2, 1979 and Gerard Pique February 2, 1989.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by fyneboi79(m): 9:28pm On May 23, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
I will marry a girl older than I am....

Deal with it.. Op..
correct man! No mind dis yeye op

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 23, 2016
demydea:

My brother, if u see this babe I can assure u that u will not think twice about wanting to wife her

My 3 cent

Whoa!! she must be some egyptian goddess cheesy cheesy

But i'll pass tongue sad , 8 yrs is too much... There are lots of fishes in the sea, all it takes is getting the right one (meant for you) ....

My 4 cents wink
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by vital94(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2016
My wife is older than me with 2 yrs and we living happily

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 23, 2016
sangfroidJJ:
Shakira February 2, 1979 and Gerard Pique February 2, 1989.

I'll love to see a similar picture but with black folks in it ...... this are celebs and you definitely dont know how much is spent to maintain those looks...
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by fyneboi79(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2016
kennywiz:
The age matter comes in only when the heart is not truly involved, which is a situation every guy should avoid when considering a gal for marriage.

On the long run, everything disappears except the true glow in your hearts.
words of the wise one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. / 7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.