Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age (57680 Views)

This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ubcandid(m): 9:37pm On May 23, 2016
diva90:
Not just physical aging, the woman matures mentally faster than a man does. I've always preferred my man way older.

A WOMAN "MATURES"??

CAN YOU DEFINE MARURITY PLEASE? EVERY WOMAN CALLS MATURITY BUT I FIND OUT MOST DONT KNOW WHAT MATURITY IS.

WOMEN ARE FAR BELOW MEN IN MENTAL MATURITY AND REASONING AND ITS A KNOWN FACT EVERY WHERE.

EXCEPT YOU ARE REFERING TO PHYSICAL MATURITY.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Samanza89: 9:44pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:
I actually agree that ladies should marry way older guys, though for a different reason.
Older guys are more mature, marrying your age mate, there's high likelihood for mismanaged misunderstandings.
A mature guy would handle all issues maturely.

Maturity lies in what you have in your brains and age doesn't determine that. These days you can commonly see a matured man behaving like a toddler. Age doesn't comes with maturity.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by rose54321: 9:57pm On May 23, 2016
joey150:
so after all you have seen in this world, you still think maturity comes with age?

Samanza89:

Maturity lies in what you have in your brains and age doesn't determine that. These days you can commonly see a matured man behaving like a toddler. Age doesn't comes with maturity.

It's the simple truth.
Einstein once said, the only source of knowledge is experience.
The Bible further buttressed it by saying " "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

The older you are the more experiences you've experienced.

While I agree that we have some immature adults, the percentage is slim compared to the generality of adults.
Hope you are clear now..

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Onezie(f): 10:03pm On May 23, 2016
sunnyeinstein:
Op thunder fire you. We all cant hv d same marriage preference. I lov to date pple my age and the love of my life is one. We been dating for 7yrs nw and we go marriage dis year. So op, wat is poison for you can be food for me! If u are marryin a lady because u wanto be seeing waistline n bobby in ur grave den u r on ur own oo, so Gerrarrahiameen @op
pls chill my dear,take it easy with op abeg
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 23, 2016
PureWays:
Nice. I guess we have something in common.

I prefer older ladies, they are very mature, besides I think they are more sexy.

I owe thee a bottle of beer...

Yu nailed it..
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by PureWays(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2016
Djangocode:

I owe thee a bottle of beer...

Yu nailed it..
cool
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AmahC(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2016
Bros u no get talk.

So if u are 25 wants to marry, na 15years old girl u go marry? Marriage is not by age I agree but Blv there of maturities that comes with age. I can't date a girl of 17, not to talk of marriage.

How a woman looks after giving birth is determined by her. So many of them don't know how to take care of themselves.

Genevieve is about 40yrs now but she still set die.

U try but u need to make a good research before u post

Thanks
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Bgorgeous: 10:23pm On May 23, 2016
Uhhh your father
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AVRecruit: 10:24pm On May 23, 2016
AmahC:
Bros u no get talk.

So if u are 25 wants to marry, na 15years old girl u go marry? Marriage is not by age I agree but Blv there of maturities that comes with age. I can't date a girl of 17, not to talk of marriage.

How a woman looks after giving birth is determined by her. So many of them don't know how to take care of themselves.

Genevieve is about 40yrs now but she still set die.

U try but u need to make a good research before u post

Thanks

he did not say it must be 10 years. by 10 years he just means young.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by lagosrd: 10:29pm On May 23, 2016
Ure on your own. Exactly when you grow old some fine guys will now be admiring you young wife because she is in their age grade.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ubcandid(m): 10:38pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:

It's the simple truth.
The Bible further buttressed it by saying " "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

While I agree that we have some immature adults, the percentage is slim compared to the generality of adults.
Hope you are clear now..

well spelt.
most of our Ladies or should I say girls who always call out for maturity are usually those with a messed up past or life and who have so much to hide, they use that as a ploy that a man should not be concerned with a woman's past lifestyle and everything about their past is wiped off but they would always want to poke into his.

NEVER LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A MAN ONA WOMAN'S DEFINED STANDARD. THEY WOULDNT WANT SUCH FOR THEIR BROTHER'S AND SON.
THATS WHY YOU SEE THAT A WOMANS BIGGEST ENEMY IS ALWAYS HER FELLOW WOMAN.

THEY KNOW THEIR THOUGHTS BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ComicRelief: 10:41pm On May 23, 2016
Wetin concern me sef....

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by AmAlbert(m): 10:41pm On May 23, 2016
All these ones wey una dey talk na una own o
Bae wey me go marry MUST take like 5 years or above sef senior me.. grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One Man's Groundnut na anoda man kulikuli be dat o
wink wink wink wink wink wink
My wahala, my headache..

Abeg make nobody drink alabukun for my Headache abeg... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

*Eats white rice with alligator pepper and kulikuli plus okpete

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Terabyteck(m): 10:42pm On May 23, 2016
EVILFOREST:
It is baseless for one to marry AGE MATE.
I pity such MEN, who have this mentalilty of " it Doesn't matter".

When it matters, You will RUSH DOWN to nairaland crying.
A man of 30 should marry a lady of b/w 18 and 22
But above all Age and Character matters.

There are Young, beautiful, virgin damsels out there waiting for U...
Go for such ladies.

Please, name one thing an ELDERLY LADY would do that a young lady can't do...?
Is it JOB.. ...? there are still young ladies..with good jobs.

You are the only thinking man here...
The rest doesn't know what they need.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by joey150(m): 10:42pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:

It's the simple truth.

Hope you are clear now..
At what age do people generally stop becoming children? With reference to your child statement.

And experience dosent neccesarily come with age. The more you do something or engage in something,the better experienced you are. A person who at a young age has seen the world and travelled places,is more experienced than a 50 year old man that has been stuck in his village doing the same thing.

Age dosent mean anything,its no barrier for those who want to soar higher.
Cheers!
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by ediko5(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2016
OP, in as much as I don't support a man marrying a older lady or age mate.

From your own opinion as regards marrying a lady you're 10yrs older it means you fall into the category of men that will marry at 35+ cos if you marry a lady you're 10+ older than and you marry at 28 or 30 then the girl will be 18 or 20 which is not really a matured age for marriage.

I suspect you to be an Igbo guy cos is Igbo that marry at old age and marry a more younger lady
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by rose54321: 11:02pm On May 23, 2016
joey150:

At what age do people generally stop becoming children? With reference to your child statement.

And experience dosent neccesarily come with age. The more you do something or engage in something,the better experienced you are. A person who at a young age has seen the world and travelled places,is more experienced than a 50 year old man that has been stuck in his village doing the same thing.

Age dosent mean anything,its no barrier for those who want to soar higher.
Cheers!

Most conclusions are based on probability, odds.
Now I ask you, which has the larger probability, what's most probable in reality.
A youth (in his twenties) that has seen the world or travelled places (as you put it), or a 50year old man that has done same.

The latter of course, this doesn't negate the possibility of someone younger being more experienced, it just shows the chances in relation are slimmer.

In life we base most of our decisions on probability, you would rather send your child to a school with a higher success rate, because the probability of your child going there and achieving same is higher.

In the same vein, I, and infact most rational individuals, when looking for a mature guy would use age as the first criteria, atleast to shortlist, if not to ultimately choose.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by krak101(m): 11:06pm On May 23, 2016
Cutehector:
10 years is too much for me ha..

She will just be calling me Uncle instead of honey
... Bro lemme guess you're balding already grin
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by krak101(m): 11:08pm On May 23, 2016
drealzum:
Aside looks sef one of the main reasons why you cant marry your mate is "finance". These ladies are desperate to marry after school when their boys mate are starting their hustle. So they marry a man who is already settled and older than you and when you too settle you go after your juniors and chance their boy's mate.
humanity is just all about obtaining /chancing /extortion /displacement... Men I lack the word self grin

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by winningwinner(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2016
That's you! My wife is ten years older than me, and I am okay with her!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Sezua(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2016
9izone:
For me this is senselessness grin
I prefer my age mate wink because we gona play like kids kiss you gat wara I min

Cheers

i think we re agemates, u know wara min?
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Sezua(m): 11:20pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:

It's the simple truth.

Hope you are clear now..
experience isn't counted in ages na? what is thy point?
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by benji93: 11:22pm On May 23, 2016
marvelck:
Since women naturally age faster than men, its not advisable for a guy to marry a girl his age or within his age range. Guys need to marry girls they are far older than with at least 10 years, so that when she's aging everything will still be balanced. You can still be enjoying her breast, and also admiring her full waist line for a long time to come. Compare to when you marry a girl that's only 3 or 5 years younger than you. Before you know it, she'll start looking older than you apart from adding weight anyhow after giving kids. So, let there a space of like 10 years between you and the girl you want to marry, just like fathers used to do it in the past.
I expect that all women nearing their menopause, will not by any means swallow this pill.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 23, 2016
grin
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by joey150(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2016
rose54321:

Most conclusions are based on probability, odds.
Now I ask you, which has the larger probability, what's most probable in reality.
A youth (in his twenties) that has seen the world or travelled places (as you put it), or a 50year old man that has done same.

The latter of course, this doesn't negate the possibility of someone younger being more experienced, it just shows the chances in relation are slimmer.

In life we base most of our decisions on probability, you would rather send your child to a school with a higher success rate, because the probability of your child going there and achieving same is higher.

In the same vein, I, and infact most rational individuals, when looking for a matured guy would use age as the first criteria, atleast to shortlist, if not to ultimately choose.
well said.

But if the youth and the man have travelled for the same duration,say 10 years in total,does it still become the man?

It is only assumed that been older you ought to have done or seen more. Which is true,only to an extent. This is Clearly not the case in very recent times. Things people learnt in years then are now made up for in months now.

Irregardless of marriage,you can relate it to certainly any aspect of life. Been older dosent equate to been more experienced these days. Even if that is the popular illusion.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by 1by1(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2016
A lady's age or beauty doesn't count in marriage. What matters most is d character. U may get married 2 a girl dat is abt 20 years younger than u, yet she wldn't hv any single respect 4u. Moreover, if u marry a grl dat hv dis trait of bcoming old quick and adding much weight after 1 or 2 birth, let she b many yes younger than u. No matter the mak up she wld still look lyk ur mother.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Cannonleo(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2016
I prefer older ladies at most 3 yrs older than me
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by 1by1(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2016
Ok na
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by mummydirect(f): 12:05am On May 24, 2016
Cutehector:
10 years is too much for me ha..

She will just be calling me Uncle instead of honey
Not much ore, I am a living witness to that age gap and so far so good, it's working perfectly in my favour. Marriage clocking 10 years soonest.
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 12:05am On May 24, 2016
ednut1:
reasons why Nigeria is backward. age has nothing to do with whether d marriage will work or not
Gerarahere men
Olodo
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by 9izone(f): 12:54am On May 24, 2016
Sezua:

i think we re agemates, u know wara min?
We are not age mate Biko
Wicked
Re: Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age by Nobody: 12:55am On May 24, 2016
Op u think say na lyk yesteryears wey woman still dey respect man , girls of today don't want to marry men that are not in their social corner and on their moral compass where what she thinks is play he counts as disrespect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? / 7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.