Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist (68575 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2016
I have never supported the whatapp group of YES-P. Any ideas should be shared on this thread. Lets emulate youwin winners. They never have whatsapp group.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by kanzjude: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello bro. I applied for the first batch but wasnt shortlisted. Now, I want to apply for the second phase. I need your help so that I dont get rejected again this time
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
kanzjude:
Hello bro. I applied for the first batch but wasnt shortlisted. Now, I want to apply for the second phase. I need your help so that I dont get rejected again this time

I can't say I know what the judges look at. But I guess they will be looking at seriousness, your enthusiasm for your business and your ability to actually make it a success. Show:

-What you will be doing differently from your competitors (value addition eg smoking your chicken before selling, customers: children's fashion, etc)
-How well informed you are about your business and the market you are in,
-Investment of your time and effort so far into the business,
-You have Qualifications and/or experience necessary to run the business.
-The money you have spent so far towards the business (remember it is a loan so they want to see that you have spent your own money and probably borrowed from your friends and family who believe in you enough to loan you some money)-this can be money used to carry out research, carry out a trial etc

when filling the form.

House, please drop other hints you think may help kanzjude

I wish you and all of us success.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
kanzjude:

How are u sure u werent shortlisted... for those who feel they werent shortlisted should keep their fingers crossed as this is a biannual programme... the total number of shortlist is 7000 and they released 3500 for the first batch of applicants wch Will be subsiquently trimmed to 2000. The second batch has d remaiming 3500 applicants who werent published but will be after d completion of d first...

So my friend... u mite jst be on the next batch...
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
shesAgem:

I can't say I know what the judges look at. But I guess they will be looking at seriousness, your enthusiasm for your business and your ability to actually make it a success. Show:

-What you will be doing differently from your competitors (value addition eg smoking your chicken before selling, customers: children's fashion, etc)
-How well informed you are about your business and the market you are in,
-Investment of your time and effort so far into the business,
-You have Qualifications and/or experience necessary to run the business.
-The money you have spent so far towards the business (remember it is a loan so they want to see that you have spent your own money and probably borrowed from your friends and family who believe in you enough to loan you some money)-this can be money used to carry out research, carry out a trial etc

when filling the form.

House, please drop other hints you think may help kanzjude

I wish you and all of us success.

We know the nigerian average man ... most of the applicants may av applied without taking time to fill in details correctly or maybe completely. U knw dat alone can disqualify such a person... they may announce 40000 applicants but how many were valid...

Simple advice to everyone filling any form or the other should try to input the best of info as much as u have...

Nd for d brother... your name mite still be there.. goodluck
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
edoman2016:
I have never supported the whatapp group of YES-P. Any ideas should be shared on this thread. Lets emulate youwin winners. They never have whatsapp group.

A whatsapp group can only carry 100 peeps... what happens to ovee 3000 peeps not on dat group? Or maybe we shud av muptiple whatsapp groups...

Anyways.. so my people, i somehow couldnt complete the submission of my assignment and the course is gone from my course list but i have done all test nd exams with good grades ohh... i dnt know what to do about this. Network hasnt been friendly to me.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by femzo(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
lovemko:

A whatsapp group can only carry 100 peeps... what happens to ovee 3000 peeps not on dat group? Or maybe we shud av muptiple whatsapp groups...

Anyways.. so my people, i somehow couldnt complete the submission of my assignment and the course is gone from my course list but i have done all test nd exams with good grades ohh... i dnt know what to do about this. Network hasnt been friendly to me.
All uncompleted courses would be opened at the latter part of the programme, just continue with other courses but try and be a good manager of time.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Nairaplus(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
I see some "Aggressive Behaviours" here. grin grin grin

Anyway, just a heads up that up till now, I have not been able to download either my End of Course REPORT or CERTIFICATE for any of the FOUR completed courses so far.

I have cleared cache (even using the Forget Site feature of Firefox), tried using Chrome, all to no avail. Anyway, I had to message them, cos I ran out of credit while on a call to AMI.

But when I contacted the customer service through info@africanmanagers.org, I was sent the copy for the last one. How come?!

So far, I am loving this training.

Ehen! How many of you have done feasibility of your chosen businesses?! I did mine yesterday, and surprisingly, POWER (using Generator of course) turned out the PRODIGAL expense, followed closely by salaries. In fact, without a GOOD feasibility, you may not make it, except GOD be for you.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
lovemko:

How are u sure u werent shortlisted... for those who feel they werent shortlisted should keep their fingers crossed as this is a biannual programme... the total number of shortlist is 7000 and they released 3500 for the first batch of applicants wch Will be subsiquently trimmed to 2000. The second batch has d remaiming 3500 applicants who werent published but will be after d completion of d first...

So my friend... u mite jst be on the next batch...

They have started accepting new applications for the second batch.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2016
shesAgem:

They have started accepting new applications for the second batch.

I see...

I wonder what thier schedule nd calender would look like then
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
@all, well done. I belonged to several groups on the LinkedIn and all have gradually moved to whatsapp for convenience and for effective bonding.

Yes P WhatsApp group is created for convenience and nothing much.

We have over 70 people participating in AMI courses on the WhatsApp forum. We share ideas. We bond and network toward building business support system for ourselves!

I think joining us helps more. However, I salute the good job this platform is doing to help few people that believe here is better.

Komolafe F. Francis.
WhatsApp Admin: 08038243730

You can still join. Thank you.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=Huskyfrancis post=47086887
We have over 70 people participating in AMI courses on the WhatsApp forum.... However, I salute the good job this platform is doing to help few people that believe here is better.
Komolafe F. Francis.
You can still join. Thank you. [/quote]

You just pointed out that a WhatsApp group can only cater to a few people compared to a public thread, so I am confused as to how you reached your conclusion.

Why has this become a war between WhatsApp & Nairaland? Do you have shares in either business? Use which ever appeals to your needs.

In fact, these are not the only options. The YES community thread on the AMI platform is thriving and has so much to offer.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 4:40am On Jul 01, 2016

You just pointed out that a WhatsApp group can only cater to a few people compared to a public thread, so I am confused as to how you reached your conclusion.

Why has this become a war between WhatsApp & Nairaland? Do you have shares in either business? Use which ever appeals to your needs.

In fact, these are not the only options. The YES community thread on the AMI platform is thriving and has so much to offer.

Abeg help me tell am
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2016
Huskyfrancis:
@all, well done. I belonged to several groups on the LinkedIn and all have gradually moved to whatsapp for convenience and for effective bonding.

Yes P WhatsApp group is created for convenience and nothing much.

We have over 70 people participating in AMI courses on the WhatsApp forum. We share ideas. We bond and network toward building business support system for ourselves!

I think joining us helps more. However, I salute the good job this platform is doing to help few people that believe here is better.

Komolafe F. Francis.

You can still join. Thank you.

Guy pack well with dis ur whatsapp thingy

However, I salute the good job this platform is doing to help few people that believe here is better.

No hating but isnt this d platform were u got d numbers ur added to ur whatsapp group?

Honestly baffles me how some Nigerians reason attimes. Now d platform were u have been advertising ur number 4 pipo to join ur group has suddenly become an option. D way u av been doing rigorous adverts on all Yes p thread to peeps to join ur whatsapp group, its amzing u av jst 70peeps out of like how many thousand applicants?... one would tink u are on whatsapp adsense grin

To think that this guy even mailed AMI OR is it BOI telling dem he was setting up a whatsapp group.. i tire 4 u sha

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
We don't have to get ballistic here! I am not here to advertise my group. Having a WhatsApp group to support some of us there doesn't put me in control. I have no business competing between here and there. I only came here because someone from here who also belong there asked me to visit here. Why, he didn't mention.

So I have no reason defending or fighting your sentiments.

As for the guy who said I contacted Yes P, I wondered how you got that information if I hadn't told you in a private chat when you contacted me asking to join the whatsapp group you are here condemning me for. However, is there a crime when we have such WhatsApp group and members decided we should contact AMI when there were starter challenges like you all tackled here too when we all started newly? Infact, AMI encouraged it and asked us to invite more members from there main community which we never actually did. Mercy Marine mailed severally to ask of our progress!

With the way you sounded, I remember you contacted me but you didn't sound like someone who can actually collaborate. What is a name i could call you? Ayo, Uche, Hassan etc you refused to give. You continued to tell me I have interest. Yes, I have interest because I want to interact with people who are not limited by fear of known. That's why you bounced and I couldn't add you you to the forum. And if you are not the guy, I am sorry. But I'm sure it's you because I only provide such detail to one non-member of the group.

I'm not here to recruit WhatsApp members. I haven't even copied a number from here to add to the group. All the people that are there contacted me or other co-admin voluntarily. I counted just now, we are up to 80 members building network and support system. We are real friends and bonded as real networker. And again, so many Yes P WhatsApp groups are out there. Yes, a single group can not accommodate all of us, but having about 100 people together helps us better. Imagine, with your criticism, are we up to 30 people here active? Or has this place accommodated the entire 3500 on training?

My sincere wish I had said in my previous post that you guys picked on, "...well done for the good job you guys here are doing"

Finally, I don't know what your criticisms are about, if it's about the group or the person that created it, but I know I have made wonderful friends and brilliant souls on the personal ground by just belonging to that WhatsApp group. You can not experience what you can not imagine. Life doesn't end with Yes P. But experience starts with knowing people more personally. This platform is short of that and WhatsApp group offer me that opportunity.

So criticise me constructively and be sure change isn't what scares you to have wrongly attacked another man's candid viewpoint. My character was almost murdered by some comments there and I think it is just unfair. grin
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 4:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Huskyfrancis:
We don't have to get ballistic here! I am not here to advertise my group. Having a WhatsApp group to support some of us there doesn't put me in control. I have no business competing between here and there. I only came here because someone from here who also belong there asked me to visit here. Why, he didn't mention.

So I have no reason defending or fighting your sentiments.

As for the guy who said I contacted Yes P, I wondered how you got that information if I hadn't told you in a private chat when you contacted me asking to join the whatsapp group you are here condemning me for. However, is there a crime when we have such WhatsApp group and members decided we should contact AMI when there were starter challenges like you all tackled here too when we all started newly? Infact, AMI encouraged it and asked us to invite more members from there main community which we never actually did. Mercy Marine mailed severally to ask of our progress!

With the way you sounded, I remember you contacted me but you didn't sound like someone who can actually collaborate. What is a name i could call you? Ayo, Uche, Hassan etc you refused to give. You continued to tell me I have interest. Yes, I have interest because I want to interact with people who are not limited by fear of known. That's why you bounced and I couldn't add you you to the forum. And if you are not the guy, I am sorry. But I'm sure it's you because I only provide such detail to one non-member of the group.

I'm not here to recruit WhatsApp members. I haven't even copied a number from here to add to the group. All the people that are there contacted me or other co-admin voluntarily. I counted just now, we are up to 80 members building network and support system. We are real friends and bonded as real networker. And again, so many Yes P WhatsApp groups are out there. Yes, a single group can not accommodate all of us, but having about 100 people together helps us better. Imagine, with your criticism, are we up to 30 people here active? Or has this place accommodated the entire 3500 on training?

My sincere wish I had said in my previous post that you guys picked on, "...well done for the good job you guys here are doing"

Finally, I don't know what your criticisms are about, if it's about the group or the person that created it, but I know I have made wonderful friends and brilliant souls on the personal ground by just belonging to that WhatsApp group. You can not experience what you can not imagine. Life doesn't end with Yes P. But experience starts with knowing people more personally. This platform is short of that and WhatsApp group offer me that opportunity.

So criticise me constructively and be sure change isn't what scares you to have wrongly attacked another man's candid viewpoint. My character was almost murdered by some comments there and I think it is just unfair. grin

Exactly...my point, your character or maybe your attitude about the whole tin. Check my previous posts on this thread and seed little i av tried to profer help d little way i can... same is happening on d AMI platform where people share ideas and contributions. Guess what... everyone can see it or learn there even if u dnt share a thing... contacting you to join ur group then was 4 me to achieve same purpose and possible bring some ideas shared b d guys on such group out here on d thread and peeps will learn from such a group nd i can tell u my interest was mainly to input more rather dan recieve... as far as we know, d info nd ideas shared there are mostly bound nd limited within d peeps on dat group but dats not d same here as anybody frm anyehere in d world can read dis thread...
google search yes p nd this thread should come up among the top ten search result... so even guests can learn here on dis thread, registered on NL here or not. I took ur words to interprete ur character saying if others feel dey can relate to dis platform over d whatsapp group tin... 4 d sake of sanity... is dat even an option?

I couldnt possibly think one will be quizzed b4 u add any to d group as i got confused as to why d interview... i taught is was jst a gathering 4 quicker idea sharing but obviously u see ur selfs as "superior nd those out here inferior"

Well goodluck with ur whatsapp group. Wether or not Marie frm AMI contacted u tons of times or not doesnt make d rest of us non applicants or u more of an applicant

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2016
You see where you get it all wrong.

If I'm the problem, is that enough reason to attack the idea of Yes P WhatsApp group that you know has its benefit.

You said I claim superiority. Even to join this nairaland platform, machine asked you for your name for identification and you gave without questioning. Before I could add you to a forum, won't I need to save your contact on the phone? How many people will I store their names with rubbish on my phone? I told you my name and asked for yours. Instead of seeing it as gesture that is suppose to be mutual, you got all defensive and even attack my good faith by saying what's my interest. Whatever that is my interest should not be your concern. Yours should be to see through if you need to increase your network on a platform that is easy and faster to comment and get feedback.

Let's say you had joined the forum and now told everyone what you perceived the admin did wrong, maybe you could have heard other version of the culture we have there. We address ourselves with real name and try to remember your company brand, your line of business, talk collaboration and possibility of running joint project. Some of them from different states have travelled to meet one another on projects outside yes p. Just because of the culture of good faith, mutual respect and willingness to collaborate. Truth be told, you were passively aggressive about this because you judged me from just your Win side. I'm into agro-supplies, I got supply contract from one if them too. It's a win win there. Anyways, I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I just must be sincere that you got the situation wrong. It wasn't an interview. I was asking for the obvious reasons I stated above.

As for other people not being able to read our post here because of the WhatsApp group(s) ! Hmm mm!

It's a trend we can't bit. Even on the LinkedIn, all the groups now operates on the WhatsApp. Now people don't put most of there post on the LinkedIn walls but they post on LinkedIn WhatsApp groups. Why? They generate faster and flexible feedback because people are more stable on the WhatsApp than any other social media.

"Well goodluck with ur whatsapp group. Wether or not Marie frm AMI contacted u tons of times or not doesnt make d rest of us non applicants or u more of an applicant."
Hmmmm! You are just you anyways. But you can learn to stick to point that are relevant and stop making news from nothing.

Thank you for your time, boss.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Gentlemen,

I believe you are clashing because you are both passionate about the programme.

This thread and your WhatsApp group are not either/or choices.

Contributions on a public thread benefit all & sundry, not just the only people you see contributing here.

I'm sure your WhatsApp group achieves all you say it does and that is good for its members.

But you should not undermine any other platform because of that, it is not a competition.

I hope both of you can settle your differences so this does not turn into the usual nairaland thread where trading insults and throwing subs is the order of the day.

If you sent me a message, I tried replying but I don't know how Nairaland messaging works. Please contact me here.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 5:20am On Jul 03, 2016
All i can say is good luck to all applicants on here or any other platform... the learning has been great. And to think these courses at AMI are paid courses just gives BOI more credibility. It actually means people and business some where pay to learn these courses we av been gifted for free... and here i was initially thinking what a long time 3 months of training is, but look increasingly likely that here, time is of the essence

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by dannB(m): 7:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Guys, I need your advice. Between BOI YES-P loan and CBN YIEDP loan, which one among the two will be suitable for me as a prospective manufacturer. I am currently shortlisted for both programmes.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
@Sportize! That's just the truth.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
@dannb, i think CBN YIEDP loan will better off even though its 3 million naira because no one knows BOI criteria to access the YES loan yet. So dont leave certainty for uncertainty. CBN are more soft than BOI in the disbursement of loan.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2016
please, anybody has access to Marketing 101 course yet. I can not find the course on my dashboard and it is not yet deadline.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by livingstone2013: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2016
I also can not find the marketing 101 course on my dashboard. And today is the deadline. Please, if anyone has done the course, he/she should let us know. I have used different browsers, still same result.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Ebuka478(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2016
livingstone2013:
I also can not find the marketing 101 course on my dashboard. And today is the deadline. Please, if anyone has done the course, he/she should let us know. I have used different browsers, still same result.

I suggest you mail AMI or call Mercy Marine, they'd help you out. But did you see subsequent courses? Because 3 has been released after market 101.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Gheritage(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Can someone help me pls, I don't want to miss it this time too they said DESCRIBE YOUR IDEA OR BUSINESS IN DETAIL, INCLUDING A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (Not more than 250 words) can someone help on this, I want to put in for poultry or piggery
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 6:13am On Jul 16, 2016
Gheritage:

Can someone help me pls, I don't want to miss it this time too they said DESCRIBE YOUR IDEA OR BUSINESS IN DETAIL, INCLUDING A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (Not more than 250 words) can someone help on this, I want to put in for poultry or piggery

If you can't describe it what makes you think you can run it? It starts with being able to describe it, bro. Go start learning more about your supposed idea or business, when you're done, describing it would be the easiest...

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Orikenny(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2016
Hello Entrepreneurs,
One of us in this forum on startup (Ala Ademola Victor) was nominated for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition in the Best Project 2016
category.
Please support him by using this short link:https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/ideas/4/1976/?show-vote=
a) To Vote for it
b) Comment and give positive feedback
c) Share and tell your friends about it to do the same
Best regards,

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Gheritage(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks bro...I've done that
1Dray:

If you can't describe it what makes you think you can run it? It starts with being able to describe it, bro. Go start learning more about your supposed idea or business, when you're done, describing it would be the easiest...
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by gwanggaeto(m): 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello house, in the course "is your business ready for funding" how many templates and questionnaires are we submitting?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by PastorAji(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2016
Please I would like to know when those who applied in the second batch will be shortlisted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.