Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,586 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? (19039 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k / Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by multicolored(f): 11:25am On May 31, 2016
Continue with the home-tutoring. With time you will even be an employer of labour (other teachers for other subjects) and it will graduate to a lesson center.
Or better still....

a school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by chuks4greatness: 11:29am On May 31, 2016
After considering all these factors, i think u should equally take it to God in Prayer.
blc Devil aims at stealing our joy...
God inspired u through a dream as u said, to start up sth (Ur brain), if he truly wants u to change d teaching Job he wouldn't av allowed u to reject d offer Twice or more ok.
My brother gv dis lesson some time, blc d son in u is about to manifest.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by viktuur24: 11:31am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=butanep post=46127473] Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

After youth services, I scramble the nooks and crammy of Benin and Lagos looking for an office job but to no avail. All application letters written to organisations didn't yield any positive result as I waited for invite like a woman waiting to deliver her baby. I initially taught it was my CV, so I gave it to a professional to help me edit, still no good organisations called me for an invite even with a sound result from a science discipline. The little money from NYSC was also getting exhausted. I began to think the way forward.

After about three month without getting any positive reply from organisations, I just decided to forget about applying for both online and offline jobs because it was depressing. I decided to find something I can do to fetch me income. After presenting my request to God, in a dream God told me you have something to fetch you income, use your brain. I began to think until the revelation became clear.

Since I reside in GRA where the rich men and women reside, I did a flex which is very attractive for the service of a home tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and Technical Drawing and scattered it around big schools and strategic locations within GRA Environ. I began to pray and wait for calls.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month. I then stop applying for jobs because there was no time anymore except on few occasions...

Six moths later, I got a call from ABC company requesting me to come for an interview. I went for the interview and performed very well. The HR were smiling as i levelled all their questions with ease and even gave them classical illustrations. The moment came for salary negotiation and they asked, how much should we pay you? I said 100k and above. They started laughing and I told them that's what I can accept with confidence. They told me their payment for fresh graduate is 60k. I told them I can't accept 60k, that my input to the company will be worth more than 60k. They told me that's all they can offer, then I boldly stood up, thank them for the interview and left their presence. A week later, I was called from the CEO himself to come to the company. He told me he heard how I refused a salary of 60k. He conducted a personal interview for me and I performed very well this time even without preparation. He told me he will add 10k to the initial 60k offered to me adding up to 70k. I told him I can't accept because what I do earn me more. He persuaded me and I told him I will get back to him after three days, that he should give me some time to make up my mind. He accepted and I left for my daily home teaching.

Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents. The company is also a place I can build my career to a certain level but it will just imprisoned my life which I don't like as a hustling guy.

Nairalander what will you do if you happen to be in my shoe.

I must tell you I understand what you are experiencing right now, I was in that same situation about sometime early this year I had a job offer in Lagos for 90k, 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, but then I had started this private coaching and I was earning just 70k in akure, Ondo state. I was pressured alot then by friends and family members to come to Lagos and take te job, but after lots of thinking and calculations, I pleaded with my mom to please allow stay in akure, she later saw reasons and agreed with me.... right now I'm an employer with 17 staffs and my biz partner who shared the vision with me as the coaching got bigger, I earn upto 150 a month and I only get to work 5 to 7pm Mon to Fri and 10 to 12pm sat..... my advice for you is go ahead with the lecture and I'm sure with time you would reap the fruits of your labour.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2016
Wow...

Nairaland is really a place to be...

I have gotten ideas and words of wisdom.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2016
Continue with your home tutoring. You may even get a better job offer from the parents whose children you teach.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by bigtt76(f): 11:38am On May 31, 2016
Very dicey. Examinations will come and go. Soon all the children within the GRA would have passed their exams what would happen to your lecturing job? Except you have the plan to expand outside your immediate environs as its a very good business.

The ABC job is a private company thing with less room for career growth and very hectic. I would prefer the lecture job.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=viktuur24 post=46136136][/quote]Thanks bro. I will Pm you so we can discuss and exchange ideas.

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Continue with your home tutoring. You may even get a better job offer from the parents whose children you teach.

You are right. I have one or two parents that have made such promise.

I'm still waiting...
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Slingshotz(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2016
butanep:

After about three month without getting any positive reply from organisations, I just decided to forget about applying for both online and offline jobs because it was depressing. I decided to find something I can do to fetch me income. After presenting my request to God, in a dream God told me you have something to fetch you income, use your brain. I began to think until the revelation became clear.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month.

That is what you shud be paying attention to...don't start out in the spirit and try to branch into the flesh if not you can lose your blessing
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Zedoo(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2016
Baba make nobody deceive you. There is NOTHING like job security...it doesn't exist Baba. You have started something most school leavers can only dream to.
WHY go to ABC? Are u scared that ONE day your teaching will flop? Baba God gave us all brains....its very glaring that u are not needed in abc...teaching NEEDS you. That is why you have been able to succeed with it..... Stay with your job. You can pick "contract" jobs...but not a peanut paying job that will take away your already found joy and business.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2016
Slingshotz:

That is what you shud be paying attention to...don't start out in the spirit and try to branch into the flesh if not you can lose your blessing

Thank you sire.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2016
chuks4greatness:
After considering all these factors, i think u should equally take it to God in Prayer.
blc Devil aims at stealing our joy...
God inspired u through a dream as u said, to start up sth (Ur brain), if he truly wants u to change d teaching Job he wouldn't av allowed u to reject d offer Twice or more ok.
My brother gv dis lesson some time, blc d son in u is about to manifest.

I will surely do. Thanks
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Sharmeenator(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2016
Bro take it from another brother, please stick to your tutor job and build a reputable brand doing what you love as you claimed. Even if the job offers 100k a month, don't fall for it. You can make more from your tutor job in the long run. Finally, consider freedom, happiness, peace, fulfilment. Which of the two jobs offers more?
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by 2sexycom(m): 12:00pm On May 31, 2016
butanep:
Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

After youth services, I scramble the nooks and crammy of Benin and Lagos looking for an office job but to no avail. All application letters written to organisations didn't yield any positive result as I waited for invite like a woman waiting to deliver her baby. I initially taught it was my CV, so I gave it to a professional to help me edit, still no good organisations called me for an invite even with a sound result from a science discipline. The little money from NYSC was also getting exhausted. I began to think the way forward.

Since I reside in GRA where the rich men and women reside, I did a flex which is very attractive for the service of a home tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and Technical Drawing and scattered it around big schools and strategic locations within GRA Environ. I began to pray and wait for calls.

Two weeks later, I got a call from a woman for my service to prepare her son for WAEC and JAMB examination . After negotiations we concluded at 30k. After that another client called and we concluded at 25k. Just like that until I got about five lectures ranging between 90 to 110k per month. I was so happy and I later caved a niche for myself two moths later. Sometimes I can boast of saving 50k or more per month. I then stop applying for jobs because there was no time anymore except on few occasions...

Six moths later, I got a call from ABC company requesting me to come for an interview. I went for the interview and performed very well. The HR were smiling as i levelled all their questions with ease and even gave them classical illustrations. The moment came for salary negotiation and they asked, how much should we pay you? I said 100k and above. They started laughing and I told them that's what I can accept with confidence. They told me their payment for fresh graduate is 60k. I told them I can't accept 60k, that my input to the company will be worth more than 60k. They told me that's all they can offer, then I boldly stood up, thank them for the interview and left their presence. A week later, I was called from the CEO himself to come to the company. He told me he heard how I refused a salary of 60k. He conducted a personal interview for me and I performed very well this time even without preparation. He told me he will add 10k to the initial 60k offered to me adding up to 70k. I told him I can't accept because what I do earn me more. He persuaded me and I told him I will get back to him after three days, that he should give me some time to make up my mind. He accepted and I left for my daily home teaching.

Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents. The company is also a place I can build my career to a certain level but it will just imprisoned my life which I don't like as a hustling guy.

Do not accept the offer bro. Expand your business by recruiting other brainy kids from secondary school who are waiting to get admission into the uni or some unemployed graduates who have passion for such and make sure you treat them well by paying them well. You can build a network of centers across Benin, use technology such as skype video calls, google more on how to improve your business bro and I SEE no reason why you shouldn't earn as much as 1 million naira per month. It is attainable. After conquering Benin, enter delta state. save enough money so you can pay for ads on facebook and some tv commercials, heavy marketing, living no penny is the secret to rapid growth of God is Good motors.

Thank me later.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by cruz419(m): 12:01pm On May 31, 2016
My broda,, it could be difficult to make a decision some tyme but in ur case I guess it easy,, God has pointed out d way for u bro,, and to proof Dat,, is d result ur getting financially and otherwise,, I think u should just sticking to ur teaching which earn u more and den try and expand or beta off diversify into some thing else with d money ur making cos I belive with urself teaching u have tyme for ur self to do other thing bro,,, dis my own openion bro,, wish u all d best!!!

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Obeenah(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2016
Why do ppl complicate life? You identified your passion yet plan to do something totally opposite. Why?

butanep:

Wow. I am very impressed with your comment. It gave me a whole lot of factors to pounder on. Your analysis was very classic.

I have passion for teaching very well. All my students do pass their exams and do very well in school. That's the more reason parents recommend me to other rich parents that need the service of a home tutor. I still have my time doing other things. I plan to venture into a business related to teaching.

I really don't know what my task will be in the company but I applied for a supervisor. I will have to do my research about the company growth profile and ask one one two staff about the structure and staff growth.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Emeka71(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2016
@butanep; must you work in an office? I think you should focus on the teaching ; afterall that pays you more and gives you more time for yourself.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Maximus85(m): 12:10pm On May 31, 2016
You can't be a salary earner and be wealthy. Stick to your tutor job. Save up enough, start a tutorial centre for O and A level exams,. You can integrate into foreign schools agent and finally own a school later on. Don't be stupid to taking that prisoners job.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by bejick(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2016
Abeg remember to come back to tell us when you don blow for tutorial center. Many were healed but only one came back to give thanks.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2016
Obeenah:
Why do ppl complicate life? You identified your passion yet plan to do something totally opposite. Why?

No vex jare... Sometimes the brain will just be thinking different things.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Icetech: 12:23pm On May 31, 2016
My Broda, if it was FG job, i would have told you to carry on cos u will still find time to run ur biz. But company job? u have a company awaiting expansion! just stick with the audience and push ur hussle forward.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 31, 2016
butanep:
Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

He who has hear, Let him hear !!!

ABC company and Co. don't give a Zap or Poo about you.

They just want to use you, there are so many dull graduates out there...so don't let them even compare you at all !

If its career path you are thinking of, if you have money, you can go for your masters anytime and anyday !!!

You can start your own business, and other things you can do.

A lot of people in Lagos earning 100k in Lagos can't even save up to 50k i tell you.

and you won't even be earning that much, you are stuck at 60k.

Remember, any starting salary you agree to receive is what you are likely to remain for 1 or 2 years.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2016
Maximus85:
You can't be a salary earner and be wealthy. Stick to your tutor job. Save up enough, start a tutorial centre for O and A level exams,. You can integrate into foreign schools agent and finally own a school later on. Don't be stupid to taking that prisoners job.

Thanks...

I actually have that in mind.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2016
bejick:
Abeg remember to come back to tell us when you don blow for tutorial center. Many were healed but only one came back to give thanks.

You are very funny jare.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by SeyiOmoOba: 12:26pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=butanep post=46127473] Good morning nairalander. I am kind of confused about taking an office job or continue with my private lecture which I started a year ago.

Once I accept the offer, I can't even take a single private lecture again because the company operate from 8am to 6pm from monday to Saturdays. I won't have time for myself again the way I used to as a home tutor. I was even planing to set up a lecture centre but with the job, I can't do it anymore. The home lecture is stressful and tiring but I'm just happy doing it because I get positive results from students and parents.

Brother, you are enterpreneural. Don't waste your gift with any XYZ coy. Go all out and make your biz great. Expand the scope of the bid get people of like minds, get centres and publish books. You can go beyond the sky...
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by Crunchy707(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2016
Who told you?
MadCow1:
Office Job..

Reason: Looks better on your resume.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by DebbieSean(f): 12:29pm On May 31, 2016
PresVA:
@bolded , very wonderful. . You already have a plan to expand your business; the other offer isn't worth stopping your ambition please. ..
●You're your own boss! Nothing better pass this kiss

●Excellent work-life balance! Unlike the other job which will give you little or no time to venture into other important stuffs. The other job will practically tie you down esp as you're to work on weekends too....

●If you do well with your plan, you may even start employing other graduates to help you tutor! You may even grow to become a known tutoring centre! From there expand to a school or even more!

● You also have passion for teaching...

● The new job wouldn't even pay you better. . undecided

I don't even see any confusion here, except you ain't confident that your tutoring business will flourish. .

Whatever decision you make shaaa, don't throw away your entrepreneurial desire; not everyone is fortunate to have a 'good business idea'..... the "office work" you're considering is owned by someone like you. ...
All the best.. smiley
. You really hit the nail on it's head. Well said. There's absolutely nothing like being your own boss.

1 Like

Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by butanep(m): 12:30pm On May 31, 2016
2sexycom:
Do not accept the offer bro. Expand your business by recruiting other brainy kids from secondary school who are waiting to get admission into the uni or some unemployed graduates who have passion for such and make sure you treat them well by paying them well. You can build a network of centers across Benin, use technology such as skype video calls, google more on how to improve your business bro and I SEE no reason why you shouldn't earn as much as 1 million naira per month. It is attainable. After conquering Benin, enter delta state. save enough money so you can pay for ads on facebook and some tv commercials, heavy marketing, living no penny is the secret to rapid growth of God is Good motors.

Thank me later.
thanks bro. I appreciate.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by michaelreghan: 12:30pm On May 31, 2016
Guy, stay with wat u're doin. Like som1 said earlier, if u get a wrk dat would not double wat u see personally from ur teaching biz, it shud @least be above wat u see. If u can get clients 4 me sef, would appreciate. I take English Language and any oda Art Subject.
Re: An Office Job Of 70K Or Home Lecture Between 90- 110k. Which Will You Prefer? by barristerzinny(f): 12:30pm On May 31, 2016
butanep:

just remain a home tutor since u get more profits from there and u are achieving positive results from your students, u can also set up a lecture centre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This The Best Resignation Letter Ever? / Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.