Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128246 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by tunjilana: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2016
How can you say smoking is prohibited in Kano....

Let me educate you...Kano boiz get high on anything...

Infact I use to say then that for south, na only pikin wey don spoil finish go dey smoke for him papa presence, though we can drink together with our father here in the south o.

In the North, it is the other way....father and son can share a cigarette...Infact the pure and holy in kano can smoke openly without being castigated.

Regards

6 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Teespice(f): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2016
presently serving In kano state so I can relate to some things you have said so far.

but I don't agree with most of what you have written down here.

but then it's your personal story.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chommieblaq(f): 8:49am On Jun 17, 2016
EColeJnr:
He even said they don't smoke openly in Kano... LOL

This Hausa people wet dey smoke like chimneys ... they take cigarettes,weeds and even sniff "solutions"...

Clubs are everywhere .. not just Sabon-Gari...
look at Bubble Plus.. Elegante,Faan Club.. etc..

OP still dey learn ...

Smoking is a common thing in all northern state, it not prohibited, d north have the highest number of smokers.

Elangantee, faan club,bubble plus, the location of these club are seen like sabon gari annex.
Let's be realistic now, the fun is mostly concentrated to a particular part, u don't expect to see club or bar in tarauni, zoo road, Jedi Jedi, gurun dutse, zango, etc, d only thing u see in abundance there is eateries n shopping mall.

Kano is cheap fun, buh it's concentrated in some part, n u don't no where he is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by perryy(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2016
EColeJnr:
Hehehe..

It's like you are the introverted type who hardly explore the outside world..

I've been in Kano for over seven years now (I'll soon be leaving to Benin City )... And I can tell you the only conservative areas are the areas where a large chunk of the inhabitants are Hausas..

Areas with foreigners like Naszarawa GRA.. are free.. lots of clubs and parties .. Chinese restaurants where pork is eaten freely..

Hmmmm.. you nor too flex my brother

Your are correct. I lived in Tauroni, part of nasarawa gra, I usually go to civic centre every night to enjoy.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by wizzbenn(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2016
Hey Guys..No need to attack him na...as you can see he said his NYSC experience in kano...that's just 1 year in kano...I was born and brought up in kano and still in kano...Most of the things he is saying are true except for the social life of kano...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chommieblaq(f): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2016
Agreed the op exgerated, Kano is home to me, I love Kano, nearly cried when I was posted to Lagos, I had wanted kaduna or Abuja since I got no Kano option.

Kano is cheap fun buh restricted to some area.
I remember the then Mingles at airport road, body n soul at church road, the oldest club then before the emergence of the likes of Mouzida, Elangantee, Africa center, bubbles, Lebanese club to mention buh few.

Mehnnn I rep K-Town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Youngetskilz23(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
They is only one way to bed a Kano girl, Infact it works but you must be smart and careful.

Many corpers have done it and I can authoritatively say that it works. When you invite her to your place, please try to avoid anything that will indicate she is coming to meet or see you. They are very shy, and as such they don't want to be noticed or seen. Even in class, if you ask them questions they will be very shy to respond except if you speak Hausa. So if you happen to meet the bad among them, then you have really gotten a permanent food for yourself.

When she reach your street, go out, make sure she see you, you don't need to meet her, Infact if you approach her that way she will turn back and go away. so when you are sure, she is in your street, just go out, make sure she see you, then turn and go into your house. She will walk herself and her hijab into the house. You don't need to do as if you know her, once she is in the gate, all she need is not your hug or your introduction just the direction to your room. she will lead herself into the room and you know the rest of the story. The hijab will be used to clean her sweat and her cum.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Igwe2nero(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2016
Well, all I can say is that ur narrative is your personal experience. Kano is fun, I mean fun personified! Sabon gari might be more popular for its freedom Cos of high population of southerners but oda areas like banana, airport road, nasarawa Gra are all fun. Smoking is never prohibited in Kano. I repeat, Smoking cigarettes is never prohibited in Kano. As for infrastructure, remove federal government military presence in Kaduna n Kano beats KD in terms of infrastructures. Of, Kano is far bigger than your narrative. Feel free to explore more of the ancient city. There is a reason for the phrase,Timbin Giwa Ko mai da ka zo, an fika. Meanwhile I'm in K. Town ,if you need flexing, holla at me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kfed4ril(m): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2016
vanguard90:
Op, just be careful, whether they.smoke or even drink on the road sef, please if you need to smoke, do it discreetly.
All these people cheering and telling you to smoke or drink in sabongari or anywhere will be quick to type RIP (God forbid) should any thing happen o. Kano is very volatile, I mean volatile o, May God almighty protect you throughout ur stay.
Stay away from yarinya too, u won't die if you stay celibate for a year o.

I know the constant fears my mom exercised while I as a Muslim was serving in the east last year.

Lol ur mom doesn't need to fear, we are not harmful.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by abdulkayus(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2016
papiforreal:

Brother may God forgive you for this blatant lie.. Never in a history that Fagge Local Goverment ever chaired by an Igbo chairman. If you say councillorship then i may agree with you.

u dey mind d OP. He made alot of lies in his writeup. I have been in kano for over 27 years now. All what he his saying abt cutting off of hand if u date their girls is an outright lie. There is no place in d entire north that someone hand has been cut off apart from d early period of sharia in zamfara state and that was once. Also d say that someone has to go to islamiyya school till class 6 before goin to western education is another bareface lie. What they usually do is to run both western education and islamic education concurrently. They will to go western education from 8 to 2pm and then islamic education from 3 or 4 to 6pm.
Although, d OP said some truth bt there are lot of false in his narrations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by maureensylvia(f): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2016
ziddy:
How can Igbo man be chairman of Local Government in Kano?

Igbo claimu! lolz

op reaĺly meant d Hon. councillor sabon gari west kano. hon arc &Mrs ethelbert onuoha tableth, d dude is a good friend of my dh
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kfed4ril(m): 9:20am On Jun 17, 2016
softsee:
i decided not to utter a word until wen i reach the end, Fagge lga can't be ruled by igbo man, d igbo man u re talkin abt is sabongari councillor or sabon gari market chairmanship... I'm kano indegine, hausa for that matter, I'm batch B servin in lagos state, i ave stories to tell abt yrb ppl nd yrb land, bt finish ur own, time to start challenging u on some of ur points... Corpers wee

Waa.
I will also write about my experience Oyo state as a corper.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by ArcIbrahim38(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2016
I couldn't hold back my tongue and not condemn your false accusations against the good people of Kano and express my utter disappointment in you for making it your self imposed objective to see you ruin the life and chastity of Kano girls which is not religiously morally culturally and common 'sensically' appropriate in any ratification. you must be shameless and please why not find some thing good and do for your country, please you should remember you are an ambassador of your family, anonymous state and religion......you should be guided in your actions please and I hope you're story about khadija is nothing but another blatant lie from your stock of lies and lastly you don't have any STD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kfed4ril(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2016
blackjack21:

Don't mind the op.
Imagine a mosque between every five houses? not even in Saudi Arabia will you see such.
your attempt at describing kano is like that of a man who tries to describe the sea just by observing a droplet of water.

So your aim is to bastardise the children of other people without seeing anything wrong with it because you're so educated and well civilized.
If that is so, well, i can't blame us for being overprotective.

You think You're so educated yet you believe whoever doesn't knows how to speak good English is an illiterate. Pardon me saying that, that's a slave mentality.
if you've the time and means try and travel around the world to places like Japan, China, Russia, India, to see how wondrously intelligent they are yet they barely speak English.
However, if you still resolve to keep your induced idea of education then I will agree you're just another indoctrinated robot.

For saying that no.religion is better than another shows that you're a hypocritical asshole#, (I'm sorry to say that). if not, then time you go to church do endeavor to preach to your brethren that their religion is no better than that of the terrorists and senseless islamiyya pidophiles.

I'm a northerner bro, a hausa-fulani man from Kano. don't assume I'm a Muslim.

I will advise you; you truly wish to understand northerners and their ways you need to remove your judgmental googles you wore from the south, see the north through the northern eye, befriend their males too. then you'll understand why and how.

Empty your cup!

Bro this countries u mentioned their lingua franka is not English, here in Nigeria our lingua franka is English and as such an educated Nigeria should know how to communicate in English. I'm currently serving in Oyo state and I can tell u that the level of illiteracy in Oyo state is tooooooo much. An average Oyo man can't speak a little pidgin English talk less of a good English. And me being an Igbo boy who was born in the north I only know Igbo and Hausa. No atom of Yoruba. The night I got to Ibadan my Saving grace was a Hausa bike man and we communicated with Hausa. So u see it's necessary. Thank u.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by collinscabal(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2016
U can't blame d op. If he said Kano is nt dat fun he his right. I don't think Kano can be more fun compared 2 states like Lagos,ph,akwa-ibom,calabar and even owerri . So 4rm his experience he has stayed in one or two of these state. So the level of flexing varies, just think Kano don't meet up to the standard of these states in terms of flexing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lorRhyMeZ: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2016
fiizznation:
Ok since your entire kano narrative is solely about your personal "experiences", then maybe, just maybe we should just leave it like that. But on the contrary, you need to explore kano state more and understand their ways of life, people, language and culture. From your writeup, one can easily detect the fact that you are a promiscuous person who is relatively new in kano state. You want to flex my Hausa/Fulani sisters but it hasn't been really easy for you. Funny. Well if I were currently in kano state now, maybe I would have connected you to one or two very good girls that will like you genuinely and not those shisha-codaine smoking/taking girls you want to chase about. You should also open up a little bit, I view your posts like that of a person that is afraid of his immediate environs. Nobody is going to chop off your hands just because you like a girl there. Just remember, fornication is detested so much in that part of the north. Islam frowns at it and our culture forbids it.

But in all, I wish you all the best in kano state and I pray you enjoy your stay there. Btw I'm from kano state.

And please before you complete your service there, I will like you to know the meaning of this unique phrase; Kano tumbin giwa, koda mai kazo anfika

Dai dai ne mutumina! walahi koda mai yazo anfishi...ba wani shege!!

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by FoxyFlow(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2016
Finally my Kano dudes are showing up. Born and brought up in Kano. Tudun Maliki, Kumbotso LGA. I have posted stories about Kano and for once nobody came to rebuff it. OP just took his time to, trying to make me see something different about Kano state but for where. Instead, I started getting angry at him.

You dey FCE, yet you no fit get babe. See lie abeg. Just wait till you collect allowee, then work your way down to where the fun lies. Just like the first time I visited Minna. I thought there was no fun but when the fun caught me, I just knew I had been dulling.

My plans is to go to the south, east or west for my service and see you guys definition of fun. Even for south self them dey protect their girls not to talk about north.

Currently Repping Nasgidi aka Nasarawa State, Lafia to be precise.

OP, just leave this thread. Seun, stop pushing people's personal experience to the front page biko.

Kano tumbin giwa....
#KawoRugged

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by thorbar(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
please you will have to ignore my short hand notation and any error or mistake in words.

Everything you are about to read is my OWN personal experience and as such should be treated so

After my friend called me to break the news of my posting, Sleep left my eyes. it was past 11p.m, Nysc site was congested that we were able to pull through by 11p.m. oh God, why KANO STATE, what have I done.

Just like Job said in Job, "what i feared most have come upon me". I never wanted to serve in Kano state or any northern state even Abuja.

so I started preparing, I picked a ticket going to Kano state. before then I have read many articles and write up on Kano state, surely, it wasn't enough.

By 5:15 p.m we left ifeanyichukwu park Enugu state enroute Kano state, it was my first visit to a core Muslim state, I was for the next one year of my life to live with Muslims, the thought of Boko Haram, security, language problem etc filled my mind as we journey to the pregnant state. I wasn't comfortable, I had a mixed filling about Kano state. so we ran through the night. one thing I noticed as we entered Kano state is that day breaks by 5:30 everyday. once it is 5:30 a.m, everywhere is clear in Kano state, another interesting thing is that the sun rises by 6-6:15 a.m everyday and sets 6:30p.m reaching to a maximum temperature of 43.5 degree Celsius.
I thought you are suppose to choose any three state you want, if u dont want kano, y choose it?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kakamorufu(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Waa.
I will also write about my experience Oyo state as a corper.
as an ibadan boy, i can't wait to read it, pls tag me to be aware when you start

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Kano is really fun compared to katsina, I school in katsina and I always pray for the weekend cause katsina is so boring and so religious, in class, you can't sit close to a lady, the lecturers would just tell you to change sit or even drive you out of class....but in kano, every thing is diff, business still goes on even though Ramadan is onn,as the case is different in katsina

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lorRhyMeZ: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Very soon now with d lies this op can tell, he will soon start saying things like a yoruba is the emir of kano or that kano people eat human flesh... See to all people reading this thread and not familiar with Kano state, know that 95% of his narrative are FALSE...Listen, no one and I repeat no one comes to kano without having fun...except the person is the god of jews! This op cant sit down in one corner on the outskirts of our great state and spew this much thrash..its annoying to pple like me who know kano very much! Kai infact its a popular saying in kano that "ko da mei kazo anfika"...with generally means that whatever u feel u r, good or bad, rich or poor, wise or a guru, smart or wise P, whatever dai, theres someone or a group of people that are more than u...In this case il tell d op to travel and see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Dottune(m): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2016
lebete3000:

You mean 2nd batch ba? How are you so sure?
Very sure, meanwhile join the batch B thread ---> www.nairaland.com/2921129/prospective-nysc-2016-batch-b
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro this countries u mentioned their lingua franka is not English, here in Nigeria our lingua franka is English and as such an educated Nigeria should know how to communicate in English. I'm currently serving in Oyo state and I can tell u that the level of illiteracy in Oyo state is tooooooo much. An average Oyo man can't speak a little pidgin English talk less of a good English. And me being an Igbo boy who was born in the north I only know Igbo and Hausa. No atom of Yoruba. The night I got to Ibadan my Saving grace was a Hausa bike man and we communicated with Hausa. So u see it's necessary. Thank u.

India was colonized by the british
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by chat2deen(m): 10:16am On Jun 17, 2016
numericalguy:

I was born and bred in Kaduna and have lived most of my life in Kaduna. I know Kaduna like the back of my hand and I love Kaduna a lot, but I can categorically tell you Kano state is far more developed than Kaduna.

I don't think your friends have ever been to kano before.

Abeg help me tell am, beside kawo fly over which fly over dey kd?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lexiyandra(f): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2016
i was in kano state but relocated to lagos. OBS was mad fun tho. Im a 15B wat bout you

mrphysics:
I imagined how life in a high institution is, I have been through one. I also imagined how to deal and relate with females in dire need of go. what of those that will want to sort me, what of those stubborn guys, little did I know that education in Kano is different from what is obtainable anywhere in the world. I recently realised the type of life they lead in Kano state, it seems all my imagination is going to be in vain.

We were sent to the high institution corpers lodge, unlikely/luckily to us there is another college of institution close to our lodge. My colleagues were happy, they were about to be a sexual activists …, the accommodation wasn't too good nor too bad. we met with batch B corpers, they actually welcomed us with a fight between themselves. what led to it is a topic for another day.

I want to point out that things are not cheap in Kano state as people thought, only two things are cheap here: bread and onions. other things are costly. Light is also a problem and heat here is too much. I bath 4 to 5 times a day and my soap finishes every 3 days. I will relate them to other things very shortly.

should I continue
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by grandstar(m): 10:34am On Jun 17, 2016
ibroh22:

waiting for next batch and I want to pick Kaduna
Kaduna is a mix of Christians and Muslims
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=henrimoto post=46645816] Hello, what do you mean by when last a religious crisis occurred in kano state? you can't cover the protruding stomach of a pregnant woman from the eyes around her. There is no two years that would go-by without one media are always over emphasising stories, the last was 2012 general election when GEJ was declared as the winner.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lacasera14(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2016
You guys should have allowed op to finish his epistle na, now you've chased him out of his own thread. But I know one thing for sure no matter all the clubs and fun places you guys mentioned, the social life of the entire north put together cannot be compared to half of the South's social life. next time pls let him finish before objecting really wanted to know how he fared with the Hausa chick now you've ruined it .

9 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2016
phantonce:

Finally, please open a thread about your experience in Lagos and any South West States you served at.would love to read it and hope you wnt over exaggerate.

Kindly mention me when you start the thread.

NB:I'm yoruba.
Noted sir
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lacasera14(m): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2016
Chommieblaq:
Agreed the op exgerated, Kano is home to me, I love Kano, nearly cried when I was posted to Lagos, I had wanted kaduna or Abuja since I got no Kano option.

Kano is cheap fun buh restricted to some area.
I remember the then Mingles at airport road, body n soul at church road, the oldest club then before the emergence of the likes of Mouzida, Elangantee, Africa center, bubbles, Lebanese club to mention buh few.

Mehnnn I rep K-Town
you almost cried when you were posted to Lagos? who does that to the center of excellence? wow different strokes for really different folks am awed .

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by katordidi(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2016
I served in kano state too, kumbotso l.g to be precise all what O.P posted is tru and some... nice experience tho
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kfed4ril(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2016
Kakamorufu:
as an ibadan boy, i can't wait to read it, pls tag me to be aware when you start

Ok boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.