Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128219 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nadoson1(m): 12:42am On Jun 17, 2016
following
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nasman(m): 12:42am On Jun 17, 2016
alansary0064:

an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano. No igbo has eva head fagge local government as a chairman. But Councilor for Sabon-gari ward
That's true my brother. Not in the capacity of chairman, but a ward councillor. Take that correction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Masculity(m): 12:47am On Jun 17, 2016
nnamdiosu:
op i served in kano too. 2013 batch c. you didnt say your own batch and year. i served at the nysc secreteriat, the ict department. kano is fun seriously. but the heat and cold na die. early in the year thats when the cold starts then till late in the year. in the afternon, we wear socks becos of the cold. i believe you stayed on gwaro road or near kofa famfur,(cos thats near the college of education and the buk uni) please continue. im really enjoying these memories your reminding me of. kudos

Lol. Gwarzo Road not gwaro.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nasman(m): 12:49am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

Oga that's your theory, it's not practical, try it outside sabongari and you will be stoned to death.
That's not true. Am from Kano State and am a chain cigarette smoker and I smoke Shisha. Mark my words nobody will harass you from a smoking cigarettes in Kano. Haba Mr Physicist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by maureensylvia(f): 12:50am On Jun 17, 2016
op life is sweet in kano especially sabon gari.

have u been to African center? mozida? elegante, bobox, even dis one they opened recently villa Atlanta try this places, come back and testify

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by MnenaSadiku(f): 1:03am On Jun 17, 2016
Op, I didn't want to comment on this thread, but guess what? I have to! I just have to. The reason is because of those who have never been in Kano. You will give them a wrong impression of the land.

You see, I spent most of my life in Kano. I was born in Malumfashi, Katsina but lived all my life in Kano. From primary school to university. I only left for NYSC in Zaria, KD & came back afterwards. I was in Kano until I got married. And I visit Kano every year because my family & my church HQ is there. I understand that you are still very very new in Kano, but pls stop talking as if you've been there for a long time! I would expect, that based on people's comments on your thread, you would go back & confirm what they are saying. Then come back to this thread & repent grin.

That is my 2 cents.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by SetrakusRa(m): 1:04am On Jun 17, 2016
Mehn! Mrphysics, it really hurts when i see people droping lame lies about my lovely Kano state. Its either you're a JJC or you're just out to scare people..

Am from the south but have spent about 17yrs in Kano and am fvcking enjoying it!

Infact, soldiers dont come protecting sabongari, the igbo boys do it themselves! Sabon gari aint the only fun place in Kano, there are more more places... You haven't even flexed the state to know about a place for your secondary assignment, that means everything you say here are based on hearsay!

Haba mana.. Quit lieing, go outside and see life in Kano before concluding..

maureensylvia:
op life is sweet in kano especially sabon gari.

have u been to African center? mozida? elegante, bobox, even dis one they opened recently villa Atlanta try this places, come back and testify

...my joints.. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 1:06am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

it's not true sir. I work in School of technology Nasarawa and I can tell you that it's not free. Nomansland is part of sabongari. Nomansland is in fagge local government where the local government chairman is an igbo man
i decided not to utter a word until wen i reach the end, Fagge lga can't be ruled by igbo man, d igbo man u re talkin abt is sabongari councillor or sabon gari market chairmanship... I'm kano indegine, hausa for that matter, I'm batch B servin in lagos state, i ave stories to tell abt yrb ppl nd yrb land, bt finish ur own, time to start challenging u on some of ur points... Corpers wee

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by SetrakusRa(m): 1:10am On Jun 17, 2016
This isn't Paris, isn't Dubai... This is Kano @ nite..

If you know Kano real well, then you know this place.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by sule5727: 1:13am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
We reached ifeanyichukwu park Kano state by 7:00 a.m on Tuesday, running close to 15hours. the park is situated at sabongari in fagge local government. I must state that this sabongari has the highest population of igbos, in fact, an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano.

Sabongari doesn't look like Kano state, all clubs, hotels, brothels, beer parlor in Kano state has it's headquarter located in Sabongari. Infact you can't buy alcohol in anywhere save sabongari. it is also had to see a church in Kano state except in sabongari.

Sabongari is very safe, more secured that any other part of Kano state. if there is any war in Kano state, the first place the military will protect is sabongari. You will hardly believe you are in Kano state if you visit sabongari. it is in sabongari that a lady can walk without wearing hijab of covering her head. it is in sabongari that you can hold or shake a lady. Sabongari looks exactly like Enugu state.
k
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 1:15am On Jun 17, 2016
tunjilana:
Bro

I served in Kano in 2007, and lived there till 2010...Kano is fun, cheaply fun for that matter

Then we had mingles, lunar and Faan staff club on airport road as drinking points

Also Badawa Ghetto is a proper sin city, I was living in Badawa layout then and the ghetto was a regular after work for me...smiley

We had this karaoke bar somewhere on Hadejia road, shortly after school of Agric, then the myriad of lebanese and chinese bars where alcohol is no big deal, one on bompai road opposite the then central hotel, another on your way to Tarauni

so many pastries and shopping malls, wellcare, jifatu stores...sahad stores...they had more big and accessible shopping malls than any southern city as at then

How about chikenza and other open gardens on that route...

Then round it up with sabon gari(no go abedi ooo) then FCE/Buk chics/lonely corpers(CBN quarters and all the lodges around)

Sincerely....Kano wasnt so bad for me as a young banker then smiley
ur own quotes re more reasonable than his...

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by sniy02(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
We reached ifeanyichukwu park Kano state by 7:00 a.m on Tuesday, running close to 15hours. the park is situated at sabongari in fagge local government. I must state that this sabongari has the highest population of igbos, in fact, an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano.

Sabongari doesn't look like Kano state, all clubs, hotels, brothels, beer parlor in Kano state has it's headquarter located in Sabongari. Infact you can't buy alcohol in anywhere save sabongari. it is also had to see a church in Kano state except in sabongari.

Sabongari is very safe, more secured that any other part of Kano state. if there is any war in Kano state, the first place the military will protect is sabongari. You will hardly believe you are in Kano state if you visit sabongari. it is in sabongari that a lady can walk without wearing hijab of covering her head. it is in sabongari that you can hold or shake a lady. Sabongari looks exactly like Enugu state.
sule5727:
k
Thanks mrphysics, I have an observation , Igbo man is not the Chairman of Fagge local government. The chairman is Habibu Sale Mai Lemo. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Yes all these places u mention are fun buh people living there are always in fear especially during crisis period, they mostly run to sabon gari for safety n when things are calm, they will return back to their base.
And many of them are moving to sabon gari, nomansland, airport road, paniso area.

Kano is very fun buh only if u are in certain part of the town!
when was the last time u heard abt any religious crisis in kano? Talkless of the recent BH attacks, kano was peaceful in recent years.... Proudly indegene of kano... My lagos experience is coming soon... I would like to meet u personally as we re all for sem purpose, servin oir country.. I studied industrial chemistry at BUK... Talk to me on WhatsApp, i ll soon be in kano, I'm sure i ll make u love to spend some more years in kano after ur NYSC 08036563003

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 1:25am On Jun 17, 2016
fiizznation:
This is the most silliest thread I have ever read on nairaland. Thread full of horseshit and blatant lies. From Muslims prayer time is 6pm, to every Muslim child must completes his Arabic school before enrolling into primary school, to chopping of hands etc. Anyway I shouldn't have even dropped a comment here, rather I should have allowed you to wallow in your ignorance and deceive the gullible ones reading your horseshit of a "experience".

My dear op, take it from me, you don't know anything about kano state.
indeed he absolutely knws NOTHING in kano... Kano is far beyond everyones expectations...
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by softsee(m): 1:29am On Jun 17, 2016
SetrakusRa:
This isn't Paris, isn't Dubai... This is Kano @ nite..

If you know Kano real well, then you know this place.
oh my lovely kano....
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by blackjack21(m): 1:41am On Jun 17, 2016
papiforreal:

Brother may God forgive you for this blatant lie.. Never in a history that Fagge Local Goverment ever chaired by an Igbo chairman. If you say councillorship then i may agree with you.
Don't mind the op.
Imagine a mosque between every five houses? not even in Saudi Arabia will you see such.
your attempt at describing kano is like that of a man who tries to describe the sea just by observing a droplet of water.

So your aim is to bastardise the children of other people without seeing anything wrong with it because you're so educated and well civilized.
If that is so, well, i can't blame us for being overprotective.

You think You're so educated yet you believe whoever doesn't knows how to speak good English is an illiterate. Pardon me saying that, that's a slave mentality.
if you've the time and means try and travel around the world to places like Japan, China, Russia, India, to see how wondrously intelligent they are yet they barely speak English.
However, if you still resolve to keep your induced idea of education then I will agree you're just another indoctrinated robot.

For saying that no.religion is better than another shows that you're a hypocritical asshole#, (I'm sorry to say that). if not, then time you go to church do endeavor to preach to your brethren that their religion is no better than that of the terrorists and senseless islamiyya pidophiles.

I'm a northerner bro, a hausa-fulani man from Kano. don't assume I'm a Muslim.

I will advise you; you truly wish to understand northerners and their ways you need to remove your judgmental googles you wore from the south, see the north through the northern eye, befriend their males too. then you'll understand why and how.

Empty your cup!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by inas911(m): 1:57am On Jun 17, 2016
blackjack21:

For saying that no.religion is better than another shows that you're a hypocritical asshole#, (I'm sorry to say that).

Common guys, we are all here to learn. No insults. Attack the message and not the messenger. That shows how mature you are. Can someone please take about Sokoto? The only thing i know about Sokoto is that.... It is a 48hrs Journey from the South. cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by wiZbanky(m): 2:26am On Jun 17, 2016
ibroh22:
This has changed my mind about going to Kaduna for NYSC,,I go jejely go Delta state or cross river wey I go bleep well,not all this yeye state wey dem go they hide there girls
Kaduna is not like Kano, in fact Kaduna has the highest population of Christians more than any other northern state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by AMvanquish: 2:50am On Jun 17, 2016
As a proper fulani dude from Kano. I would say OP really has a lot of exploring to do in Kano. This is a big city, and you just dont live in 1 part and give judgement about every area. Every part of the city has its peculiarities, the old city, The GRA's (Bompai & Nassarawa), Badawa, Tarauni, Zaria rd, Sharada/Nndc , Brigade, Sabon gari etc. Kano is a f*%king Big city and expanding everyday, New area's springing up with the speed of light coz of our massive population.

@ OP! I would advise you to make more friends, Stop Jonzing and go round the city well before your Nysc is up. I havent even seen you mention one correct joint in your write up!! There's a lot you havent discovered.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by wiZbanky(m): 3:54am On Jun 17, 2016
but please guys allow this guy to finish his story na, at least for the sake of those of us that are enjoying it..it's fine to criticise his observations and deductions but everybody has right to his or her own opinion. at least for the sake of fantasy, let us enjoy his story to the end. Stop bashing him, he is only concluding based on what he has seen, learnt and heard. we all have initial impressions about a place we are new to, let him finish sharing his biko. E shey. Na gode.

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by imsuboi(m): 4:32am On Jun 17, 2016
the haters have arrived grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 17, 2016
How can Igbo man be chairman of Local Government in Kano?
Igbo claimu! lolz
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by davades(m): 4:53am On Jun 17, 2016
I
mrphysics:
whenever a child I born in Kano, he is first shown RELIGION, so for them, Religion or nothing else. One of my students hair looked very untidy, he happened to be the course representative, when I encouraged him to shave his beards and barb his hair, he told me that according to his religion, he is an Afar and should look like one. I was greatly shocked and ended the discussion because you dare not go against their religious. In Kano state, Religion is first.

The child's first education is ISLAMIYYA, where they study Islamic studies, I have asked what is the purpose of islamiyya and I was told it's for the study of quoran. For years this people study other peoples language only to read the quoran. they don't know anything else save their islamiyya. They don't joke with it. The child will go to islamiyya till he gets to primary five before he is allowed to enter into the conventional (western education) education. only then will he or she starts to learn how to speak English. To you find out that someone who just finished secondary school in Kano state may not speak or express himself in English. when you ask them question in class, they are shy not because they don't know then answer but they don't know how to express their opinion.

I gave a test and told one of them to meet me, after the lecture, he came, I asked him why he wants to meet me, he started speaking Hausa. Upon the fact they he got everything he wrote correctly, even when he wrote in English language yet he can't speak a word in English. that is the life on students in Kano state. They are only interested in Islamiyya

I've been reading your thread since I saw it on front page but I'm using this medium to tell those saying Chibok girls is a scam to read this paragraph , I saw people post on Facebook and Twitter that how can someone writing wasce won't be able to speak English, I was confused too but now you share light into the issue... Thanks and happy reading to yall

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by God2man(m): 5:07am On Jun 17, 2016
wiZbanky:
but please guys allow this guy to finish his story na, at least for the sake of those of us that are enjoying it..it's fine to criticise his observations and deductions but everybody has right to his or her own opinion. at least for the sake of fantasy, let us enjoy his story to the end. Stop bashing him, he is only concluding based on what he has seen, learnt and heard. we all have initial impressions about a place we are new to, let him finish sharing his biko. E shey. Na gode.

I hope the haters will understand.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by holaralph(m): 5:21am On Jun 17, 2016
Onyiibazz:
... I thought they are all virgins but I found out where and how they do their bad things.

Hahahahaha, man of God! Ride on
............ Honestly Man of God don fall my hand oooo why e com stop the Sermon where the sermon don dey sweet nowwwwww

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by henrimoto(m): 5:26am On Jun 17, 2016
softsee:
when was the last time u heard abt any religious crisis in kano? Talkless of the recent BH attacks, kano was peaceful in recent years.... Proudly indegene of kano... My lagos experience is coming soon... I would like to meet u personally as we re all for sem purpose, servin oir country.. I studied industrial chemistry at BUK... Talk to me on WhatsApp, i ll soon be in kano, I'm sure i ll make u love to spend some more years in kano after ur NYSC 08036563003
Hello, what do you mean by when last a religious crisis occurred in kano state? you can't cover the protruding stomach of a pregnant woman from the eyes around her. There is no two years that would go-by without one issue of religious crisis.

Even before the coming of boko haram bombing in kano, there had always been one religious crisis or another.
Forget,no be every religious crisis wey happen inside kano, media houses wey dey outside kano dey carry.

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by saintdennis(m): 5:28am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:

it's not true sir. I work in School of technology Nasarawa and I can tell you that it's not free. Nomansland is part of sabongari. Nomansland is in fagge local government where the local government chairman is an igbo man

Am NOT trying to derail your thread o... but CAN A HAUSA MAN BECOME A LG CHAIRMAN IN IGBOLAND?

Even in lagos IGBO MEN Are elected into political office.

I really hope when u return home u will preach to your ibo brothers the need to push tribalism and distrust aside and stop demonising the hausa's.

That way in not too distant future an igbo man can take a hausa wife home, and b4 u know it hausa marry igbo, igbo marry hausa.

Enjoying your thread... I cover ur hands with the blood of jesus lol

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by numericalguy(m): 5:29am On Jun 17, 2016
wiZbanky:

Why should they allow him continue telling lies about other people. Just because you are enjoying his lies does not make it right. Imagine someone who doesn't know a thing about your family coming online to spread malicious lies about you and your family, how would you feel.
This silly OP is just too narrow minded. Was he expecting that there would not be a nairalander who lives or has ever been to Kano?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by hybeenoni: 5:32am On Jun 17, 2016
A very important to note, pple plz while we advice OP not to give a wrong impression about kano state, which know some of his assumptions are wrong, let's try understand with him while we correct such assumptions and advice him on how to tour the city to educate himself the more.

OP has not even toured 5% of kano state, that's a fact, but let's not kills his wish to explore the state with harsh criticism.
If you tour this state well, believe me you will be the 1 correcting pples impression down southon ur return
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 17, 2016
It is all based on ur perception... live in KANO is much more dan dat... beside U can only talk about ur little experiences bt remember d most populous state... So U cant tell... U ar still a learner, let me tell this U can only knw very little about kano, God forbit bad thing, Fagge can neva be ruled by igbo man take this. And there ar many more things U will neva know in kano coz U dnt intend to knw, we ar happy wit dat, d GRAs d joints,; Hotels, clubs, parks, guy social life rocks for kano, Kano is only state U can compare wit lagos nd abj, we share way of living... wic state U said U ar coming frm? may b dat d state i served, U dnt even deserve to talk coz U ppl cant even make it on list of top 5 states, person can expresss his expriences #KanoMyCity #GreatCityIndeed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by roundandbrown: 5:44am On Jun 17, 2016
following bumper bumper
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by numericalguy(m): 5:45am On Jun 17, 2016
hybeenoni:
A very important to note, pple plz while we advice OP not to give a wrong impression about kano state, which know some of his assumptions are wrong, let's try understand with him while we correct such assumptions and advice him on how to tour the city to educate himself the more.

OP has not even toured 5% of kano state, that's a fact, but let's not kills his wish to explore the state with harsh criticism.

If you tour this state well, believe me you will be the 1 correcting pples impression down southon ur return

If he doesn't know anything about kano, why come online to tell lies. Why slander other people?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.