Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128231 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Nomansland, paniso, yakudima estate, katsina road are more like sabon gari, especially nomansland. Nassarawa GRA is a govt residential area na, govt house dey that side so it ought to be peaceful!
Exactly dear ...

The OP haven't really flexed Kano.... he just dey one side dey conclude... lol

You forgot Jaba wink

7 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
I think OP is just giving his personal opinion about Kano which his stay so far can not substantiate. But please, biko, ejoor, mbok you guys should allow him to continue this thread na........and OP fill the blank spaces missing in this thread ooo e.g how the hijab girls you think are virgjns do their thing and others....thanks for the thread.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
I was shocked when khadijah told me that the only criteria to marry her is that I become a Muslim. She started preaching to me, she told me a whole lot of things about Muslim. How I can be converted, how Islam is the best religion. she told me that we can only share love as a non Muslim but will never get married. My intention of getting her isn't for sexual purpose, I was in dire need to someone who can reach me Hausa. I am comfortable with my religion, I already know what religion can cause me in Kano. So I just told her am alright with the friendship and Sharing of love with no marriage.

She told me a whole lot of things, Infact I knew a lot about her, her ambition and life desires. I was discussing in my HODs office, so I was covered and at the same time am sure they are thinking about other things which I really don't care.

It's not so common to see a man stay close to a woman in Kano. Infact if you do, the way they will be looking at you as if you have done something so wrong. Little wonder corpers share themselves.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by lorRhyMeZ: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
In Kano state, If you want to be free, you ought to be Muslim. If you are not then you should perhaps be very careful on how you lead your life. Just after the incident about the blasphemy in Kano state last month or early this month, two Christian students of Federal college of education Kano were beating to coma and rushed to the hospital.

They didn't know that the driver of the keke understands English, they thought he is like others, so they were discussing about the incident. The driver was wearing everything they say. At a point on their way, he stopped and spoke in Hausa, immediately other Muslim faithfuls joined him and they beat those girls to coma.

Christianity here in Kano is for the real Christians. Especially for those that stay outside fagge local government where sabongari is located.

errbody is free to live in kano..no restrictions whatsoever! However, just like every other place u new to, u gotta first learn to crawl before u start running...meaning to live in peàce in kano, dont over step ur boundaries.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by MIMU(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Trendy247:
Following
who was ur english teacher
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Chommieblaq(f): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
Exactly dear ...

The OP haven't really flexed Kano.... he just dey one side dey conclude... lol

You forgot Jaba wink

I join jaba n paniso together jor

Kano is very fun, many ppl I know that served here don't want to go back, although it's only when u posted to certain areas o.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
They is only one way to bed a Kano girl, Infact it works but you must be smart and careful.

Many corpers have done it and I can authoritatively say that it works. When you invite her to your place, please try to avoid anything that will indicate she is coming to meet or see you. They are very shy, and as such they don't want to be noticed or seen. Even in class, if you ask them questions they will be very shy to respond except if you speak Hausa. So if you happen to meet the bad among them, then you have really gotten a permanent food for yourself.

When she reach your street, go out, make sure she see you, you don't need to meet her, Infact if you approach her that way she will turn back and go away. so when you are sure, she is in your street, just go out, make sure she see you, then turn and go into your house. She will walk herself and her hijab into the house. You don't need to do as if you know her, once she is in the gate, all she need is not your hug or your introduction just the direction to your room. she will lead herself into the room and you know the rest of the story. The hijab will be used to clean her sweat and her cum.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kakamorufu(m): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
One thing I discovered in my PPA is that they use cheap labour from Nysc yet they don't pay. They apply to Nysc to send them H.Sc holders (first class and second class upper graduates), HND holders (distinction and upper credit candidates). They get the best of Nigerian graduates yet they don't pay. Physics graduates are very scare in Kano. Infact when we got they, we were told that they are in dire need of physicists. And we happened to be two physicists sent to the school. They have very few physics lecturers, infact my H.O.D just told me that they want to employ atleast 3 physicists. Though I am not qualified because I don't have NYSC discharge certificate!!! imagine. Am watching in 3D. The pay is good and I pray I get qualified, only God knows.

But the point is that most employers of NYSC labour use NYSC as source of cheap labour. In my PPA, a graduate assistant with 2:1 or first class is paid a start up fee of N98k, now I have the same qualification, I do the same or even better job with no pay simply because it's an NYSC, and they have greatly depended on NYSC for a very long time. if this corper go, another ones will come. I urge the federal government to collect money from this employers of labor and increase the NYSC salary structure
same here, i did almost all work a lectrurer shld do in the uni i served, wen tym reach to retain, na stories i dey hear. Tho we recieved monthly payment from d school
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by bajirao(m): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
saintkash:

oh yea..born n brought up in kano. ..currently working in kano. .. so I know wat I am saying. ...

I stay at badawa layout and u should know by if u really know kano dat badawa host nothing less than 100 churches and even places of alcohol if u care.... with abt 50% of its residents non indigene
that's true badawa is quite similar to sabon gari. I stay close by in tukur road so we happen to be neighbors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Chommieblaq:

I join jaba n paniso together jor

Kano is very fun, many ppl I know that served here don't want to go back, although it's only when u posted to certain areas o.
He even said they don't smoke openly in Kano... LOL

This Hausa people wet dey smoke like chimneys ... they take cigarettes,weeds and even sniff "solutions"...

Clubs are everywhere .. not just Sabon-Gari...
look at Bubble Plus.. Elegante,Faan Club.. etc..

OP still dey learn ...

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kano is fun only in Sabongari or in fagge local government. it's also fun for those that stay in the village. in these places, there are no much restrictions but outside is not. I live in Kano and I have asked questions. so guys should be sincere or place I can hook up with you so you will show me the happening places, most importantly I need place of secondary assignment
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by umarfantami(m): 11:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
ibroh22:
This has changed my mind about going to Kaduna for NYSC,,I go jejely go Delta state or cross river wey I go bleep well,not all this yeye state wey dem go they hide there girls
THAT'S HOW UR MOTHER WAS BLEEP AND GIVE BIRTH TO ANIMAL LIKE YOU.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by okuneddie(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
umarfantami:

why did u take it personal......had he wronged u before? nawa for u o

12 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by hybeenoni: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
Having read OP's story from beginning till this page, I can confidently say this OP has not rilli toured kano. Kano sweet die, I'm born, schooled in kano ( Abbass maje, Buk).
Fact is No Nigerian smoke cigarette like an hausa man.
And yes their babe dey fine lyk kilode
OP na around Kofar famfo u dey not far frm BUK old site
Enjoy ur stay in kano

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by vanguard90(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Op, just be careful, whether they.smoke or even drink on the road sef, please if you need to smoke, do it discreetly.
All these people cheering and telling you to smoke or drink in sabongari or anywhere will be quick to type RIP (God forbid) should any thing happen o. Kano is very volatile, I mean volatile o, May God almighty protect you throughout ur stay.
Stay away from yarinya too, u won't die if you stay celibate for a year o.

I know the constant fears my mom exercised while I as a Muslim was serving in the east last year.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by numericalguy(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Chriswazo:

Hmmmmm, mrphysics i accept your appraisal of Kano social infrastructural development just because you have stayed there, i don't know if you have been to Kadunna, am not saying this categorically because i have not been there myself but from information from my northern friends that have been in the two states and as well my lecturer, a Jos man said the same about Kadunna being the same, this my lecturer have been to all northern states and more than 30 states of the country, i won't forget how he compared the two states before coming to conclusion. Mrphysics, i sell at shopping center Aba and have many northern customers and friends and i have tried to find out from them and to a very large extent, they said Kadunna is far more beautiful than Kano but that Kano is very rich, no wander 80% of them comes from Kano. I have stayed in Bauchi and while there, I asked some of my northern friends and they all said i should not even compare Kadunna beauty with any northern city, not even Jos talk more of Kano. So let me ask you sir, have you stayed in Kadunna?

I was born and bred in Kaduna and have lived most of my life in Kaduna. I know Kaduna like the back of my hand and I love Kaduna a lot, but I can categorically tell you Kano state is far more developed than Kaduna.

I don't think your friends have ever been to kano before.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by fiizznation: 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is the most silliest thread I have ever read on nairaland. Thread full of horseshit and blatant lies. From Muslims prayer time is 6pm, to every Muslim child must complete his Arabic school before enrolling into primary school, to chopping of hands etc. Anyway I shouldn't have even dropped a comment here, rather I should have allowed you to wallow in your ignorance and deceive the gullible ones reading your horseshit of a "experience".

My dear op, take it from me, you don't know anything about kano state.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kakamorufu(m): 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
umarfantami:
easy ooooo
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by DavOnyi(m): 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
OP, you try sha. There so many fun & free places you can go to in Kano where you can stand and talk to girls till late at night without someone "chopping" your hand. Places like Brigade where you have high concentration of the Yoruba's, Tudun Wada - Igbo's, Idomas and other SS states, Bompai (one if not the largest police barracks in Naija is located there) you have every tribe in it. Others are Dakata/Kawaji (Igbos, Idomas etc are many there), Badawa - more of Southern Kaduna people, Nassarawa GRA, Hotoro, Kawo etc. It all depends on where you wanna go to. Lebanese wet full Kano no be here o. In fact, they own many businesses there.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by numericalguy(m): 12:02am On Jun 17, 2016
The OP is full of lies and stereotypes.
This is the type of lies and stereotypes that you would expect from someone who has never been to the kano.

OP, if you truelly have been to kano, I would expect that some of your stereotypes would have been dispelled by real life experiences..

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by FoxyFlow(m): 12:06am On Jun 17, 2016
OP, you insult us with your blatant lies about Kano state. What I cannot imagine is I tried reading to see where you are headed but realised that you kept on heaping dirt on Kano state. Tumbi giwa kuma za ka yi wa haka?

Take it easy. You are just one Igbo dude that wants to discourage people and put fear into their minds. The moderators on this section should try to check the credibility in some of the posts being posted by this so called corp members.

Op, Oga physicist, I take God beg you, stop to dey lie on Kano head. Na people like una carry mentality say na jaki abi na donkey dem dey ride for Kano.

May God forgive your lies...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by geraldo077: 12:09am On Jun 17, 2016
I spent one year in kano, bagauda precisely for a program. Personally I believe the Op has not toured the state....Hv you been to Tiga Dam A nice place to relive nature.. Dakasale where we normally go and booze and eat suya.. then go to ado bayero mall to watch movies at filmhouse,do shopping in shoprite,buy sweetbread at 212 shop where you will see people queing up for bread...Then evenings at sabon gari is sweet...Op try and meet other tribes girls in sabon gari..You are just dulling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by bilal4riid(m): 12:11am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
The height of religious intolerance is too high in Kano. they can trample upon your right, they don't care what you believe, they don't care who you are. they care vwry less about the constitution. they only do those things that seem right to them.

You may go to fetch water at the borehole, then the next thing you will see is someone who wants to pray coming to the borehole and putting his hand inside you bucket. they call it ablutions.

whether it violet your believe is your business. They are taught to put religion first in whatever they do. Infact they care less about what the world see them as. they don't give a Bleep on what you think about them.

The western education is called conventional educational here in Kano. it's the second education one attends after completing the first set of Islamic studies called islamiyya.

I am a Muslim northerner, all ur writings so far r correct, save the ablution issue, may b u tot or afraid to stop it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Kfed4ril(m): 12:12am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
one of the guy I met in Kano told me to convert to Islam that Islam is the best religion. he was bold enough to tell me that. I just looked at him and whispered to his hear that no religion is better than each other.

Kano is a very religious place. they mount speakers even in electric pole. El-Rufia can't enforce that his bill in Kano here.

you can't count five houses without seeing a mosque. Here is full of mosque. their ladies don't come outside and you Dere not work while holding a lady here in Kano. if she like let her her your wife, they never born you to try it. inside keke napep, you are not allowed to sit touching a lady though some motorists don't care about whether you touch them or not.

Another thing here in Kano is that the fence of every house is almost the height of the roof of the building. no matter how local the house is, it must have a fence as high as the roof. The Emir of Kanos house has a very high fence such that even if you are in a storey building, you wouldn't see the inside. They do it to protect their wife, they don't want you to see their wife or daughter.

And you don't visit them. if you manage to get any female friend in Kano, you don't visit her, she is the only one to visit you, else, if any Muslim man see you in his house, just know that one of your hand is gone.

till tomorrow, sai gobe, or sai da safe , it's a Muslim way of saying,"good night, till tomorrow". Allah iy kai'mu, Amin[may God make it to happen]

Bro it's not Muslim way it'd Hausa language. Sai gobe means till tomorrow while sai da safe means till morning.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by bussieboi(m): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2016
Titanium38:
Dreamcome2ru another one
You like story oo grin
And u cud nt quote me sha
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by MissMich(f): 12:18am On Jun 17, 2016
with all said and done.. I would still like to serve in either kano or Kaduna state.. so pple of d north expect me sha.my frnds kip asking me y I wana choose d northern states but my answer still remains.. *that's where my hrt longs for*
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by bilal4riid(m): 12:20am On Jun 17, 2016
mrphysics:
Islamiyya is the school for Islamic studies, its everywhere in Kano. once a child is born, he is first sent to islamiyya, where he undergoes his primary level up to primary six. after primary six, then he begins the western education (conventional). Islamiyya is very important to them. I will be lecturing and the next thing is that someone will raise his hand, thinking he wants to ask a question, what I will hear is that it's time for islamiyya.

At that point you have no choice than to stop, if you don't then you are on your own. these are students who are out of secondary school.

In Kano state, you are forced to dress like them. its unlike the south that a lady will tell you that she has a right to wear whatever she wish to wear. it's opposite here in Kano. a lady Dere not leave her hair uncovered or wear anything revealing her body, if you try it, you will be dead.
Another mis understanding from op, but all the ladies are free to wear their dress, bt u c it won't be that comfortable as u will be very different from others
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 17, 2016
OP am a core hausa man from kano. and its hurts to see ppl spread lies abt kano. well i will urge u to dig deep nd research b4 u conclude. and 4 those saying kaduna is more developed than kano pls stop cos no matter how thin an elephant gets its meat is more than a basket. my 1 cent.... ciao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by kishimi8(m): 12:23am On Jun 17, 2016
Chriswazo:

I know you are only passing the state, anyway i agree with you that seeing is believing. I hope to come there by November to confirm for myself, thanks friend.

Op is right kaduna is under developed. Maybe in 8 years time they will catch up with kano. That's if ekrufai is allowed do do his usual stuff

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by DisGuy: 12:25am On Jun 17, 2016
numericalguy:
The OP is full of lies and stereotypes.
This is the type of lies and stereotypes that you would expect from someone who has never been to the kano.

OP, if you truelly have been to kano, I would expect that some of your stereotypes would have been dispelled by real life experiences..

Actually stereotypes one would expect from illiterates, sounds like the guy has never been outside of the East!

was also expecting him to narrate how corpers or traders had their hands chopped off or if he actually saw people smoking in the toilet

abi no be the same Kano wey I sabi with many Igbo and Yoruba boys growing up?

I know it can get volatile very quickly but this guy sounds like he's been living in a beer parlour growing up!

I was enjoying the story but there were too many inaccurate stuff up there, seems like you went there with a bag full of presumptions

Enjoy your life but be conservative

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by kayodekb: 12:29am On Jun 17, 2016
an Igbo man is not the chairman of fagge local government

• Local Government Chairman and the Head of the Local Government Council Alh. Habibu Saleh Mai Lemo
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Steveinnovates(m): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2016
Hahaha you dey para no be small..... Lol

fiizznation:
This is the most silliest thread I have ever read on nairaland. Thread full of horseshit and blatant lies. From Muslims prayer time is 6pm, to every Muslim child must completes his Arabic school before enrolling into primary school, to chopping of hands etc. Anyway I shouldn't have even dropped a comment here, rather I should have allowed you to wallow in your ignorance and deceive the gullible ones reading your horseshit of a "experience".

My dear op, take it from me, you don't know anything about kano state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.