Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians (42184 Views)

Army Captures Top Boko Haram Commander, Kill 5, 2 Soldiers Injured / Soldiers And IPOB Clash In Abia, Dangote Truck On Fire (Video, Photos) / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Wrong move, if it was done by the NDA. However I hope the culprits are caught and brought to justice. I am from the Niger delta and I don't support crime.
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Ejike3: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2016
undecided
You are happy because non of your relation is in the military. undecided
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by youngberry001(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Waaaaaaaat 2 of our man's
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Seeeeeeee: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by repogirl(f): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
This isn't good.

Buhari, your brothers are dying o! Let piss reign, gragra no go solve this matter.

4 Likes

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Dharnchuks(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmm
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by jojo1415: 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
More news plz...dis is de kind of news we need to be hearin nt lai Mohammed nd hisAPC lies nd propaganda!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Prinxxdave: 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] How is wish this world will just end tomorrow... Co, I don't where Nigeria is heading to
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
masinga07:
grin NDA killing those cowards.

but will be quick to condemn boko haram killing soldiers right?, mr double standard.
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by cashkid: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
the inevitable is gradually coming grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.waado.org/environment/fedgovt_nigerdelta/bayelsainvasion/FederalGovernInvadesBayelsa/MilitaryInOdi/MilitaryMassacres.html

"The first three days of the operation, I operated in the night. Nobody knew where I was coming from. What I will just do is that I will just take some detachment of soldiers, they will just stay at four corners of the town. They have automatic (rifles) that sold death. If you hear the sound you will freeze. And then I will equally now choose about 200 soldiers and give them grenade explosives, very hard ones.

"So we shall surround the town at night. The machine gun with 500 rounds will open up. When four or five like that open up and then we are throwing grenades and they are making eekpuwai (onomatopoeia for loud, shattering noise), what do you think people are going to do? And we have already put roadblock on the main road, we don't want anybody to start running (we decided) we shall drive all these people into the bush with nothing except the pants and wrappers they are using that night" (sic). In two months, Okutimo and his boys had overrun Ogoniland, village by village. But in spite of the pounding of fear into the people, raping of their women and other acts of brigandage against the Ogoni, the struggle against government and the oil companies only grew wider and wilder. It was therefore a roundly frustrated Gen. Abacha who set up and executed leaders of the Ogoni minority rights movement, among them the popular writer, Ken Saro-Wiwa, 10 November 1995.

[b]Before that, it was Umuechem that came closest to the Odi experience. Three policemen sent to keep the peace in the Rivers State town in 1990, were abducted by rioting youths protesting environmental pollution and neglect of their town by Shell Petroleum Development Company. When they would not give up the policemen, a detachment of policemen were sent to take care of the situation. They rolled in with an armoured tank and sophisticated combat weapons. By the time they were through, an official inquiry revealed, 25 persons had been killed, 650 buildings reduced to rubbles and 175 bicycles had become a mangled heap of twisted and charred metal. Of course, inestimable stock of crops and livestock went up as burnt offerings to the gods of war. The Federal and state governments owned up to the mindless destruction and approved compensation of N10 million and N2 million respectively to the people of Umuechem.

There are talks of probes by the National Assembly into the Odi massacre. But rather than own up to the wrong-headed application of force, the government has furiously defended its action ensuring for itself, sustained barrage of opprobrium. An unnamed state security source quoted by Reuters, however, sees the reason behind the tough posture of the Obasanjo administration. "I think part of the idea behind the attack on Odi was to show a bit of muscle and warn people the government is serious, teach them a bit of a lesson." [/b]
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by reechest: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
There are times when after close observation of things happening that I can't help recalling something Chinua Achebe said in his book There was a Country. He said "... that Nigerians will probably achieve consensus on no other matter than their common resentment of the Igbo." You couldn't put it more clearly.
The whole place is filled with reports of the protest and subsequent killing and arrest of some MASSOB /IPOB members. Not for the first time. Now, whether it was an entirely peaceful protest and if the security forces acted solely in self defence is another argument.
But what I find most nauseating is the swift response to kill and arrest them. In minutes, blood is shed, arrests are made and there is an quick outpouring of security agents to protect some contraption called Nigeria and her supposed peace and unity. But herdsmen have raided towns and villages killing and destroying without restraint and the security forces are yet to 'outpour' or make clear arrests. It is in our land and against our people that they invoke Rules of Engagement, whatever that means. They can't even clear out BH or face the Nigeria Delta Avengers. They couldn't even produce Tompolo in court!
In case you didn't read that too, the arrested IPOB members were already arraigned in an Enugu North magistrate court today, barely 24 hours after the arrests. They are suddenly so effective at combating crime. But next Fulani spree, they will release a statement and say the perpetrators are from Niger and Kuala Lumpur or wherever. If you don't smell anything, then you need help.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by DONSMITH123(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

grin

not funny my guy.
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2016
repogirl:
This isn't good.

Buhari, your brothers are dying o! Let piss reign, gragra no go solve this matter.

but u will celebrate if army kill boko haram abi?
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Pascal181: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2016
"My people perish for lack of wisdom" buhari shld apply wisdom rather than sending soldiers after those guys. He shld learn frm Yar'Adua and Goodluck how 2 handle militants.

5 Likes

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by skywalker001(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2016
Young03:
come n join me sing alleluia

Jehovah nisi has done it again

am so so happy

God save bullharry

I know more than 10 soljas died but the will tell us lie that its only 2
So what is ur joy if more than ten soldiers died. By the time the soldiers retaliate back that's when hypocrite like you wil know there's one human right somewhere... Bad belle
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by wristbangle: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by DONSMITH123(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2016
imagine comments coming from youth!

Qelvin:
Kill the soldiers and spare innocent civilians!!
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2016
No going back, keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by mescan(m): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2016
God have mercy
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by elowhiteman: 10:39am On Jun 02, 2016
nawah oooo, what ever that happens is now NDA, the soldiers are there to safeguard the oil pipe not to enguage in routine patrol. Nigeria which way forward?
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by PrinceMario(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2016
We hope some people won't be screaming genocide very soon
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Lvlink(f): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2016
The same Soldiers shot and killed my brethren in Asaba about 3 days ago, so i don't feel pity for them.

*Nigeria Soldiers has killed more Nigerians than ND Militants*
FIXED

9 Likes

Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by murphyibiam15(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Are you okay?
may be or not cheesy cheesy
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by DONSMITH123(m): 10:43am On Jun 02, 2016
leave them! They should watch out for Buratai

PrinceMario:
We hope some people won't be screaming genocide very soon
Re: Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians by Young03(m): 10:43am On Jun 02, 2016
proIgbo:

Of cause more than 10 soldiers were killed! How can they kill all the occupant of the house boat and only two soldiers are dead.

yea..ur the only reasonable person I av seen quoting me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Moment Ifeanyi Uba & Fayose Stormed Ekwueme Square, Awka- PICTURES / List Of Governors Who Defied Godfatherism / Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.