Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

"We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers (48422 Views)

Two Oil Thieves Jailed In Calabar For Six Years / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Niger-Delta Avengers Blow Up Oil Pipelines To Warri,Kaduna Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by bigtt76(f): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Good for them .....abeg unto the next news. Soon they will be calling for clean up like say na person come dorty them land #UselessPeople angry

outknow:
https://twitter.com/Niger Delta Avengers/status/738442466072879104

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by bigtt76(f): 7:12am On Jun 03, 2016
The ediots don't understand naaaa angry

xmasgift:
Destroy it all. Buhari isn't affected. He would do what he can do and leave. The common man on the street would bear the aftermath. So please continue! When people in the ND region start having deformed babies, then they would realize the enormity of the destruction they have caused. Those sponsoring them do not even live there. They are controlling the m.o.r.o.n.s from outside the country. 5% should only be given that much attention and nothing more.
I can't understand how a people can be so filed with hate and bitterness because of someone's tri.be and religi.on.

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Kanyekels(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2016
mightyhazell:
Simple diplomacy would hav averted all dese!

When jonathan won elections,he not only brought evrybody together as a father,...he went ahead and started favouring the north in almost evth. Wich eventually earned him a v unenviable spot among his kinsmen,for favoring the north to their detriment! Personally I think he over did it!

Buhari won elections and on his first visit 2 usa,he told the world how he has segregated the nation to 5% and 97%. And not only mouthing this,all his actions started reflecting it immediately,..from appointing only core northeners in2 positions tht matter,to terminating contracts and programmes put in place 4 the nigerdeltans (whose region lay the golden eggs of our collective survival) by previous governments etc,...

Imagine if buhari had not terminated all dese,including projects like the maritime institute,..and instead started some mega projects in the region,..I can imagine the kind of peace and support he would hav by now be gettin from dere. As am sure southerners are not like core northerners that once they hate u,no matter how much things u do 4 dem,dey cannever be appeased,as in jonas case. Buhari and indeed nigerians wud av been enjoying massive tranquility by now,..my thots tho*

I didn't know you are so intelligent. Very informative piece. May God bless and guide.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Kanyekels(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2016
demydea:
NDA, cripple the economy ok. It will never be well with u all & your families if u stop bombing the oil pipelines in ND. Bomb everywhere ok & dont forget to bomb all government buildings in ND..... Foools

It won't be well with you too even in hell where you are going to.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by MizterChris: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2016
mightyhazell:

When jonathan won elections,he not only brought evrybody together as a father,...he went ahead and started favouring the north in almost evth. Wich eventually earned him a v unenviable spot among his kinsmen,for favoring the north to their detriment! Personally I think he over did it!

Buhari won elections and on his first visit 2 usa,he told the world how he has segregated the nation to 5% and 97%. And not only mouthing this,all his actions started reflecting it immediately,..from appointing only core northeners in2 positions tht matter,to terminating contracts and programmes put in place 4 the nigerdeltans (whose region lay the golden eggs of our collective survival) by previous governments etc,...

Imagine if buhari had not terminated all dese,including projects like the maritime institute,..and instead started some mega projects in the region,..I can imagine the kind of peace and support he would hav by now be gettin from dere. As am sure southerners are not like core northerners that once they hate u,no matter how much things u do 4 dem,dey cannever be appeased,as in jonas case. Buhari and indeed nigerians wud av been enjoying massive tranquility by now,..my thots tho*
you made a very reasonable point there.Jonathan even sited more universities in the north than he did in the south yet they hated and betrayed him.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by heydora: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2016
why is everybody scared that they are blowing up pipelines? They should pls hasten up and blow everything..they are only pushing Nigeria to its promised land where our true potentials will begin to manifest.Though it may be rough at the beginning but i bet you those guys and thier unborn generations will live to regret it....

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by frehage: 7:24am On Jun 03, 2016
Give them autonomy and resource control. The region has sacrificed enough for Nigeria.

Over 50 years of lamb-like acquiescence and contributions to the Nigerian state should not be rewarded with threats of genocide.

Oil is not renewable. Let them own and control their resources, clean up their land, build a prosperous future and lay up treasure for posterity.

Thanks.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by mightyhazell: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2016
Kanyekels:

I didn't know you are so intelligent. Very informative piece. May God bless and guide.
lol! Do u knw me as a daft b4? And y? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Izonpikin: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2016
signz:

You see Nigerians like the man you quoted are very wicked and unreasonable. They know the easiest way to stop this oil pipeline vandaliisation is fiscal federalism/regionalism as you said. But they would rather enjoy this internal colonialism that we are running now than make the states/regions autonomous.

I just don't understand many nigerians...policies are what foster development and not this "I will kill them" mentality...

Sound policies...
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by MizterChris: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2016
Lets observe a minute silence for a country once called Nigeria.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by fornnygee(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2016
duni04:
I totally agree with the stance the Buhari led Federal government is taking against these criminals (militants). I remember arguing with a friend of mine way back in 2009 about the moral consequences of compensating people for their evil and nefarious activities which Jonathan and Yaradua's government did with the Amnesty program. We should call a criminal a criminal and treat them the way we treat criminals. If former President Yaradua had tackled those criminals head on as far back as 2009, we would probably be enjoying peace today. Instead he paid them money to buy more weapons, heck Tompolo was even buying gun boats 2 years ago! The immorality of that Amnesty program is coming back to haunt us. We should get rid of these extortionist and criminals once and for all. If the Idîots like let them blow up all the pipelines in the creeks. We'll see who suffers the consequences from the polluted farms and rivers. Nobody should think he can extort the government again by blowing up pipelines and demanding for money. That era is over!

My brother you might be right in your opinion but I doubt if calling them terrorist will change the fact. Unfortunately FG failed by using Cosmetic approach to attend to the issue the first time amnesty program was lunched. The FG intention was solely on keeping the money rolling from Crude Oil to meet up with their annual budget without looking at the fundamentals. Another opportunity was lost when our myopic national assembly failed to see the issue from aspect of making the host communities stakeholders in the business by allowing the 10% host communities trust fund enshrined in the failed PIB sail through. Truth be told the agitation will not stop. The New FG might finally toll the same cosmetic peace approach just to meet up with their budgetary plans but that will also fail. My advice is that the Nigerian state should look beyond the present situation, return the 10% for host communities new PIB and properly define what an oil host community means. The fact of the matter is that once you make the host communities stakeholders in the business, they will police and secure the Oil facilities, but when you continue to marginalise the people by including every part of the country as host community, then the real owners of the land where the oil is been extracted from will continue to agitate for equal share by force. Let's look beyond tribe and come to equity with clean hands.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by bolicks: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2016
After blown pipelines what next? Oil spils and sufferings of the common man increases. No wisdom in it at all. My candid advice,Go to the round table, talk talk and still talk until you achieve your aim. Just like Biafra IPOB and the likes. The True Justice is to first talk. Violence brings more violence. As a Nigerian, no one state or region will be permitted to secede. Be it the North, the East ,South or West. It will not happen. For independence of states or regions to take place all of Us must agree in unity and love to do so. As a nation we can achieve these without a bullet shot at anyone. Its time for a Weak Center and a stronger and independent States of Nigeria. In military and other vitals will the Center command superiority. its time to have have worthy governors not worthless people. Its time to use wealth of states, local government and communities first for its own and then the rest of us. Its time to vote this submission and spread the Message not the virus of violence and hate.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by estcood: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2016
agrovick:

I had to delete part of your post to avoid taking up space on the thread, apologies for that.
I agree the government has not done enough, in fact it is safe to say the government has done nothing at all but at the same time I'm speaking from my own point of view which might not be rational to other people, I believe these people have not done enough for themselves too, there is a chain of command, why are they not holding their respective LG and SG by the throat to ensure there is increased government presence in their midst.
Again, maybe because I've the mindset of do what you can with the little you've, I feel they've not put to good use the little they got, I will give you a scenario, I served in a secondary school in one of the Ijaw communities, this is a school that has a single block of 6 classrooms then buildings that housed offices and residential quarters, no laboratory or similar things. Based on what I heard, the community usually has one or two slots with the oil company domiciled there, the community fixes in someone to work, the person gets paid part and remits the other part to the community (this is different from the numerous positions available to indigenes), going by this I expected them to have a certain amount that goes into developing their children vis a vis provision of conducive learning environment since the government at all tiers have failed in their responsibilities, rather what I saw is a case of once the money comes, we divide and eat and wait for the next pay day.
Just maybe my side of the argument is borne out of me being a non indigene of that area but it's an open secret the Nigerian govt has failed her citizens and has failed the South South even more.

understand what you are saying perfectly and that is the Holy truth. We can shout and point fingers at the Government all we want. The region needs a revolution against its on leaders. Primarily the Chiefs and Governors and administrators at LG levels. The money that goes into some of the communities is unthinkable. I have a first person experience. It never get used for its purpose or simply dropped in someone's account.

The people of the region need to come up with one voice, come out of regional politics and make their leaders accountable.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by kadree(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2016
Ha ha! NDA shud tell supporters dat dis is just a tip of... More bombings are on d way. Dey shud even open an account for remittance of financial assistance. Dis is d kind of news dat sounds well to d ear after all, buhari family go gather dey perpetual darkness, zara won't luk charming anymore as a result of severe mosquito bites, aisha buhari nko, she wud suddenly become like every other Niger delta mother who will go through d pain of feeding her family with oil spilled water n agricultural produce.
We don't care if our governors who collect monthly allocation to better our lives choose to embezzle it, who cares abt d 13% oil derivation dey get without accounting for it, let d Niger delta ministry kp sharing d monies wit cronies n close ones. local gov chairmen nko? Our senators who receives bumper monthly pay nko? Well,so long dey r not buhari, no problem, dey all can remain idle n kp embezzling n nothing, I mean nothing can stop us from salivating ova d fruit upper d tree while d very equally ripened n beta ones stares at us at a closer range
NDA we love d good job u doing n pls u don't av to exhaust all efforts in Niger delta, we nid ur presence in d East as well, dia r pipe lines buried under lands n water. We darely nid u dia after all, d zoo must fall.

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ahaika23: 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
mightyhazell:

God bless you for reasoning with your head. Buhari will know that he's a mere spinless mortal
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ahaika23: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2016
estcood:

understand what you are saying perfectly and that is the Holy truth. We can shout and point fingers at the Government all we want. The region needs a revolution against its on leaders. Primarily the Chiefs and Governors and administrators at LG levels. The money that goes into some of the communities is unthinkable. I have a first person experience. It never get used for its purpose or simply dropped in someone's account.

The people of the region need to come up with one voice, come out of regional politics and make their leaders accountable.
wake up, no one is interested in peanuts. Do you know TY Danjuma's worth? How the hell is he the owner of an oil block situated thousands of miles from his village without the consent of the indigenous owners of the land? Things are about to be done differently
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Alezy(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
ganisucks:
I heard today from the Urhobo youth leader on Channels tv sunsrise Daily, that all the pipelines are rigged with IED's A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ can be detonated from remote centers, without any need †̥♥ visit the pipelines. If this is true, then the FG is fighting a lost cause.
i heard this 4 months ago in a village called Ogidigben (excravos) just very close to chevron.

I kw it's true
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
mightyhazell:

Akpanikor
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by darediamond(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2016
Kanyekels:

It won't be well with you too even in hell where you are going to.

Aàaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!!
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by akinszz: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2016
U and ur likes are fuul.
Donariok:
I TRUST MY BROTHERS FROM THE SOUTH WA$TE, THEY WILL SOON START THEIR "IT IS THEIR LAND" SERMON
..WE 5% BE FEEDING THE ODUDUWA'S SINCE 14AD
cheesy
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by darediamond(m): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2016
estcood:

You guys do not get it. It is hard to make regional or state leaders accountable in this era of "born to rule" style of governance in Nigeria. Once the Center is wekeaned to give individual states what they deserve as to controlling there resources or in other words allowing he who works to truly eat, then people like OBJ, Thiefniiibu and co in southwest and other regions will and shall be brought to book by Yoruba's themselves because there won't be safe haven for them in the name of this useless and barbaric federal system.

This present system pays Northerners because it is those useless corrupt leaders down south altogether that they are using against Southerners. They work against we Commons to benefit Northern Rulers. They are conspirators. But if the style of governances change, how will they be able to conspire against there people and go scot free?

We do not speak one language in Nigeria so there can not be united Revolution. And this, the northerners have been made to understand by Britain. So divide and rule is the key they were taught by those pink pig Europeans. And are they dividing g, we Southerners altogether.

So the best bet is to Get this country dissolveed totally since Northerners want the slave and Master thing to continue by fire by force.

As a southwesterner, I declare, Greaaaaaaaaaaat Biafra, Greeeeeeeeeet Niger-Delta.

From Peoples Republic Of Odua, I dy greet you all.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2016
babadem2much:
Don't stop the bombing OK, whose land will suffer it and you think you are doing Buhari any harm then you are decieving yourself .

Those guys can survive without your crude, they have made it in life, only the masses will feel the adverse reaction in the economy.

.continue
I hope this Yoruba guy is not scared of loosing lagos to reduced infrastructure. cos with out those oil lagos can't pay debts n salaries.

I book space for more update.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agrovick(m): 8:53am On Jun 03, 2016
estcood:

God bless you bro, 3 bottles of your choice drink is on me.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agrovick(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

So in other words.....you are saying that Local governments and states, and development authorities are all redundant and we should run everything from Abuja?

That is why I don't get you Nigerians sometimes. One minute you are calling for more devolution, the next you are asking Abuja to come and babysit you.

Sorry.....but good grief.

That is how some people were castigating Buhari for not building hotels in Daura....and GEJ for not providing portable water for Otuoke....forgetting that there are states and LGA's . What are they there for? Should we abolish the states and regions...and just run everything from Abuja?
Please don't misinterpret me, I'm not saying Abuja should run all the show, I said 'she should not be comfortable with just setting up agencies alone as regards ND affairs' there is the need to monitor how cash disbursed is being used. Take it or leave it, ND is one of the most volatile places in Nigeria and the region at present happens to hold our major source of income. So there is the need to pamper them at least up to the point where we have either diversified and oil is no longer our major source of forex or the region has been transformed into something that bears a close semblance with civilization. Hence the part where I said, FG needs to show she cares.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by titoetal(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2016
To add my voice to those of like minds; Nigeria as it is currently constituted is not working. Some people's greed to control everything makes it unworkable. "Born to Rule" the truth is there b/4 us. It's either we peacefully restructure this country into true federalism or it will done forcefully.
Can't we see it's not working. Only those who are benefiting are comfortable with the structure. If Yakubu Jack Gowon had implemented the Aburi agreement, Nigeria would have gone far far beyond where we are today.

For those who refuses to accept this fact, Nigeria as it is now, is not working. I love one Nigeria and cherish it if we can make it work, and it's possible. The resources in the nooks and crannies of the country is more than enough to sustain our population times two.

And for those thinking there will be war in this country, I don't see that coming. However, we will experience more hardships if we fail to embrace true federalism.

The status quo syndrome is our problem and mind you, the amalgamation of 1914 was done just to serve British interest and not the interest of the ethnic nationalities. The marriage have refused to work. QED

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ClitRaider: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2016
Endison:
I just pity Buhari.
He doesn't know what he's up against.
Na him mouth kill am

Oysters open completely when the moon is full, and when the crab sees one, it throws a piece of stone or seaweed into it and the oyster cannot close again so that it serves the crab for meat-
Such is the fate of him who opens his mouth too much and thereby puts himself at the mercy of the listener.
~Leonardo da Vinci.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by mashnino(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2016
Kingspin:
[code][/code]How would you feel if Buhari restructure Nigeria?

The thing is, he can't... He needs the people's backing
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by kayol2012: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Congratulations.. Keep degrading your environment. Bravo

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by beey2(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2016
babadem2much:
Don't stop the bombing OK, whose land will suffer it and you think you are doing Buhari any harm then you are decieving yourself .

Those guys can survive without your crude, they have made it in life, only the masses will feel the adverse reaction in the economy.

.continue

Thanks my brother, let them know that blowing pipelines is their best achievement they should so continue doing.

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by aminu150(m): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2016
mightyhazell:

I just wonder how people like you reason. Jonathan and PDP aided boko haram by not fighting them in full force, by so doing he contributed in damaging the North east. I can bet my life that north east can never be the same again.
Buhari is willing to give preferential treatment to Niger delta, an example is the clean up of Ogoni land which the Niger deltans have been agitating for since 80s. Jonathan who is from there failed to develop his area but Baba is doing it. Jonathan looted money and gave to fools like him. He never cared about Nigerians rather his selfish interest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Atiku Abubakar Wins Bayelsa State Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.