Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers (48421 Views)

Two Oil Thieves Jailed In Calabar For Six Years / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Niger-Delta Avengers Blow Up Oil Pipelines To Warri,Kaduna Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by bezimo(m): 12:20am On Jun 03, 2016
ganisucks:
I heard today from the Urhobo youth leader on Channels tv sunsrise Daily, that all the pipelines are rigged with IED's A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ can be detonated from remote centers, without any need †̥♥ visit the pipelines. If this is true, then the FG is fighting a lost cause.

I stated this yesterday, sadly eneough that is the true situation of things because all the pipeline network has already been laden with IED.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by SAMDOL(m): 12:21am On Jun 03, 2016
phlemzy:
No need applying force any further as it will yield almost no result, alternate measures need be taken by FG. The region in question is way too large for the Nigerian Army to give a total and effective surveillance. If dialogue will eventually be sought at the final end, there's really no point waiting for further damages to be done before discussing with the aggrieved.

he wont dialogue, his ego wont let him...guess this the beginning of the end .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agrovick(m): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2016
NavierStokes:

Well put bro, just to state educating these children is the duty of the government, reason why it's always important to catch them young because it saves you some avengers in the future. Don't be surprised that the oil company or oil activities has been taking place in that community and the company as part of her CSR hasn't deemed it fit to provide conducive learning environment. The children who weren't educated 20/30 years ago will become the thorn on the flesh of society you find today.
I always say something and in this case its for the oil companies, if you are blessed and you are not a blessing to those around you, then you are a curse and people do anything to break free from curses.
A rich man in the midst of poor people shouldn't consider himself safe.
Hopefully majority of these problems will be solved either under the aegis of One Nigeria or smaller nations that will emerge from her split (I pray for the former) cause the Riverine communities have really been through a lot.

Meanwhile, to whom it may concern, I dey find work abeg. House don dey tire me

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ETILA100(m): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2016
atiku is making sense here

3 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by duni04(m): 12:26am On Jun 03, 2016
osita76:
Buhari lacks political expediency that informs his inability to handle a complex situation of this country now the 5% are now ventilating their anger towards the presidents' approach, the best for him now to do is to accede to their request and save the country from the impending catastrophe
I'd rather we had and suffered the consequences of that catastrophe now than postponed and worsened it like Jonathan and Yaradua did by paying militants not to blow pipelines and providing them with money to stockpile arms like they have done. Let the oil output reduce, let us suffer the consequences and let us then catch these guys dead or alive. We will then send the message to future generations that it is wrong to blow pipelines. Jonathan and Yaradua taught the people in the Niger delta that is is economically lucrative to blow pipelines because their government would call you to negotiate. I hope Buhari reverses that flawed thinking.

9 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by mightyhazell: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2016
truthisbitter33:

Make you sure guys blow up everything ok?don't stop o,keep on blowing them up and spare non of them.Time shall tell.
u make absolutely no sense jon!

Go roost somwher

4 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by str8talk1: 12:33am On Jun 03, 2016
D real Sheriff is in Charge.
Dis is what u get whn d security agencies r ppled by 80% of illiterates 4rm d North just like Amina(missing Chibok girl who cant speak basic English).

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ebiboy2(m): 12:38am On Jun 03, 2016
2wizkids:
i LOVE you mehn......no homo, nor mind those boncoms,
hahahaha
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by temptnow: 12:38am On Jun 03, 2016
demydea:
NDA, cripple the economy ok. It will never be well with u all & your families if u stop bombing the oil pipelines in ND. Bomb everywhere ok & dont forget to bomb all government buildings in ND..... Foools
hahahahhahahahahabaha E pain ooo

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agrovick(m): 12:42am On Jun 03, 2016
duni04:

I get irritated whenever someone says the government hasn't done enough. I've been to bonny (stayed at hospital road), brass (Ben mark hotel), warri (Cyprian hotel refinery road), Escravos ogidigben and Portharcourt and onne. These people have DESOPADEC and the other oil agencies in the other states. They have the NDDC, they have the Ministry of Niger delta. Then they have the office of the special assistant to the President on Niger delta or Amnesty. What the hell else do they want? They give them billions of dollars and Naira every year and they keep squandering it on rubbish. Then they go and plant Dynamites on the pipelines and threaten to blow them if we refuse to give them more! We can't continue living like that! Enough is enough!
I think it all still boils down to accountability, all these agencies have not truly made an impact on the grassroots (with respect to riverine communities). In the less than 1 year I spent, DESOPADEC provided a single 15 seater bus, the likes used by all these transport companies and the bus wasn't even a new one and they expect the bus to serve 4 communities (we had just one school in the midst of 4 oil producing communities). You will agree that shouldn't be, they deserve more than a bus.
Now considering a sizable portion of the population are not literates, if the powers that be in these agencies tell them we are not getting money from the Centre hence we can't carry out projects, they will take it in hook, line and sinker because they believe their 'people' can't deceive them so blaming the FG becomes a easy thing to do.
The FG has a fault in the sense that they need to show they care, she shouldn't be comfortable with setting up agencies to take charge of what's going on over there.

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by adeusolu: 12:52am On Jun 03, 2016
amokemi:
Keep blowing up everything. If they beg you please don't agree. Destroy all the oil installations. At least that will make our leaders put on their thinking caps to develop other sectors of the economy. But as for your region, be ready to cope with the effect of your actions for the next century. For those supporting the blow ups, maybe you should check the effects of oil spillage.

Well done the avengers. Keep destroying your environment.

keep encouraging untin nigeria becomes very empty and ultimately a failed state. making easy for everyone to walk away.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by truthspeaks: 1:02am On Jun 03, 2016
It has bn done alredy. Read d post n pray 4 9ja
ebhohimimen:
If una wan do am make una do am una talk too much
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 03, 2016
Some random thoughts on this matter....

1.Why is the onus on the Government to negotiate....while the Niger Delta Avengers not only refuse to negotiate, but just make rough and ready demands?

2.Can someone explain to me how blowing up pipelines helps the people of the Delta. It only makes things worse.....and if you use the excuse that the oil companies have already messed up the environment....then by blowing up the oil pipelines NDA= Evil oil companies.

3.Resource control is not going to help the Delta....because the way they see it....they want money to live well....not to develop. To live well.

4.That said...something must be done about the problems in the Delta. That is why we have governors, and LG chairmen. That is why in the 1960's......we did away with the old regional system because people...mostly minorites....grumbled about how government was far away from them. If over 10 years of 13% derivation and increased oil revenue has not brought development to our delta....then I fear what would happen with resource control.....a rich parasitic class ruling over a poor downtrodden class. And maybe pipelines would still be blown up...only this time it would be against their own people.

5.When someone opposes the piplelines being blown up....he or she is called a parasite. It is the funny way of Nigerian thinking I guess...that expressing sympathy for people who have to live with the further pollution and devastation of their environment caused by the pipeline blowup.....are referred to as HAUSA parasites....including people like me who have zero drop of Hausa and fulani blood.

Bitterness is an insidious disease....which makes the sufferer feel powerful....while destroying him or her from within. Nigeria's enemy is bitterness. We must resist it.

6.And speaking of HAUSAS.....by blowing up the pipelines...you are depriving millions of people...not just HAUSAS....of their livelihoods. Hausas are a minority...compared to the millions of other Nigerians of all tribes, religions and creeds....who suffer because of loss of oil revenues. And let's not forget the environmental devastation. It is going to take 30 years to clean up Ogoniland.

7.I guess someone reading this would call me an APC apologist. Let me clear something up for you politicians......I love my country and its various peoples above all politicians and politics.

I am angry with the Government and the Nigerian Political class. They are a government of resource dependency....and jamboree projects. They are not ready to be realistic....and tell us the truth....that Nigeria does not have money....and that we need to do the hard work of developing an economy based on innovation and industrial development. We have to leave that oil behind. Oil is not going to develop us....which is why I regard resource control as nothing but a means to enable Nigeria live the lazy life of spending money we do not have...and we do not control. Nigeria must stop being resource dependent. Nigeria must spend more on industrial development. Nigeria must make cars, phones, rockets, guns, electrical equipment, etc....and export them to the world. Oil is not and never will be our savior. Oil is not going to save the Niger Delta...or the rest of the country. Innovation will.

High time we faced that fact.

Night.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 03, 2016
agrovick:

I think it all still boils down to accountability, all these agencies have not truly made an impact on the grassroots (with respect to riverine communities). In the less than 1 year I spent, DESOPADEC provided a single 15 seater bus, the likes used by all these transport companies and the bus wasn't even a new one and they expect the bus to serve 4 communities (we had just one school in the midst of 4 oil producing communities). You will agree that shouldn't be, they deserve more than a bus.
Now considering a sizable portion of the population are not literates, if the powers that be in these agencies tell them we are not getting money from the Centre hence we can't carry out projects, they will take it in hook, line and sinker because they believe their 'people' can't deceive them so blaming the FG becomes a easy thing to do.
The FG has a fault in the sense that they need to show they care, she shouldn't be comfortable with setting up agencies to take charge of what's going on over there.

So in other words.....you are saying that Local governments and states, and development authorities are all redundant and we should run everything from Abuja?

That is why I don't get you Nigerians sometimes. One minute you are calling for more devolution, the next you are asking Abuja to come and babysit you.

Sorry.....but good grief.

That is how some people were castigating Buhari for not building hotels in Daura....and GEJ for not providing portable water for Otuoke....forgetting that there are states and LGA's . What are they there for? Should we abolish the states and regions...and just run everything from Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by forkinsonlolo(m): 1:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Titi gbosa for them
keep blowing and destroying your region
wake me up when you are done blowing
idiat terrorists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by swezenberg(m): 1:23am On Jun 03, 2016
What is going to affect everyone so what will your region feed on if Buhari also allows you to keep blowing up everything and he relaxes and pulls off Soldiers from the creek.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Akon419(m): 1:38am On Jun 03, 2016
The way the northers are pained and commenting on this issue shows that their life are dependent on niger delta oil yet they celebrate PMB calling them 5%

3 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by tdayof(m): 1:42am On Jun 03, 2016
ganisucks:
I heard today from the Urhobo youth leader on Channels tv sunsrise Daily, that all the pipelines are rigged with IED's A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ can be detonated from remote centers, without any need †̥♥ visit the pipelines. If this is true, then the FG is fighting a lost cause.

Nigeria has no clue on how to deal with militants using IED.. these militants IED works base on a remote control..
The best way is to jam off pipeline area and no explosion will be made..
Damn a simple Radio Jammer to disable remote controlled IEDS??

Our defence should know this battle is more than a normal warfare... Nigeria needs to step up her game on electronic warfare...

If Radio comms are being Jammed. The NDA won't want to result in a suicide mission in destroying pipelines.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by crisycent: 1:44am On Jun 03, 2016
Keep calm Nigeria. The oil in Lagos belongs to the north and it's enough to run Nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Shikena(m): 1:49am On Jun 03, 2016
In a few years progressive Nigerians from the North, East, South and West will look back and thank NDA for freeing Nigeria from blood oil!
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Efizzi: 1:52am On Jun 03, 2016
We from the Niger delta need to be careful of what we support. Just like it happened in the north when boko started killing Christians and the northern Muslim watched, until they killed and drove all Christians away and nobody to kill but fellow Muslims so also when the NDA finish blowing up all the pipelines and all the IOCs have run away they would fall back to killings and kidnappings of you their supporters in broad daylight. This would happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by jantimman: 2:02am On Jun 03, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
What can a certificateless senile president do about this?
So wats d joy of dis Bumboclaat?

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by love4rent80s: 2:18am On Jun 03, 2016
amokemi:
Keep blowing up everything. If they beg you please don't agree. Destroy all the oil installations. At least that will make our leaders put on their thinking caps to develop other sectors of the economy. But as for your region, be ready to cope with the effect of your actions for the next century. For those supporting the blow ups, maybe you should check the effects of oil spillage.

Well done the avengers. Keep destroying your environment.

They and their children's children will suffer what they have done, they think its a blockbuster movie wey actor go win for the end, let dem continue bombing it and see the result in future
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by love4rent80s: 2:24am On Jun 03, 2016
lmjmatto:
OMG.... Another civil war loading..... Pls can these boys embrace dialogue. We need this to stop. The economy is already in recession.

Please stop all this bombing a beg biko.

No fear ,those boy no get mind for civil war, the thing wey happen yo ojukwu go happen to them
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Picollothedon: 2:38am On Jun 03, 2016
mandax:

If getting ransom money from Buhari govt is what the NDA are blowing oil pipes for, people would have given them up to the military, because the Avengers are not ghosts.

Restructuring Nigeria so that Abuja shall become a thin central govt with powers over such things like monetary policy and international relations; allow all sections of Nigeria use what they have in and around their environment to develop their areas at their own pace;

and pay a little tax to the central government - as agreed to by our fathers when they agreed for independence under one Nigeria; as it were before oil was found.

This formula shall make Nigerian groups compete among themselves to develop their areas.

Well said. the whole thing started with the kind of celebration by the ruling party after the election. Mr. president said he is for everybody, but keep making bad statements in the media regarding the people that did not vote for him, instead of proving to Nigerians that he is not the buhari we knew during the military. like the mistake the federal government did after the war, with the quote of no victory no vanquish, but doing otherwise, there by installing the cord of mistrust around the different tribes in Nigeria.

The biggest mistake he made was to cut the amnesty program in the manner he used. 85 percent of the oil well is been owned by the north, and the only place they can get anything close to been the people that the oil is in their land was through the scholarships to study abroad and be useful to Nigerians, but buhari stopped all those arrangements and even keep threatening what he can do and not do.

can you imaging a president rubbishing the confab documents without even looked at it, and proposed that the documents will be sent to archive and the money spent to discuss Nigeria is a waste.

we all know what is going on in this country since the end of civil war. in other to reduce biafra to nothing, they forgot what they should have done to propel Nigeria forward, because they want biafra to suffer for daring to go their way, and what is happening now is the end result.

our biggest mistake is to vote buhari as our president, because he lacks the technical know-how of been a president, he can only be a military ruler and that's it.

to me the Niger Delta waked up very late, they have been under the spell of divide and rule. good morning Niger delta.if not for the election of 2015, you will never have believed that the ibos are not your enemy, but your brothers...

Any advantage any area has can easily be copied by any disadvantaged area. Before long, all of Nigeria - from Sokoto to Portharcourt, from Maiduguri to Lagos - shall develop.

If Nigeria refuses that, it is heading to what we all know -----

eheeen before NL Mods ban me, let me stop..
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by olaremint(m): 2:58am On Jun 03, 2016
The NDA and the south south are the ultimate losers, when a man lights a fire in his house, the rage will consume the house and the man

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Aroh48(m): 3:02am On Jun 03, 2016
Guys,I use God name beg una bcs na we the thing they affect no be buhari
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Kingspin(m): 3:08am On Jun 03, 2016
[code][/code]
mashnino:
What still amazes me is that some people receive this news with so much joy..

I swear to GOD na everybody go feel the heat, forget all these nonsense una dey talk

some people are saying dialogue, since when they started blowing up stuffs

have they ever called for dialogue?

fighting them will be hard but if they think what they are doing is right then they should answer me this question

who war don epp?

see biafra, see boko haram, see libya, see iraq we can go on and on

war never help anybody before, so for me whatever they think they are fighting for will still come back and hunt them

that one is for sure.. so continue blowing up things.
How would you feel if Buhari restructure Nigeria?
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by lastpage: 3:13am On Jun 03, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
What can a certificateless senile president do about this?

He can just be watching while diversifying the economy to other areas. ..... while the price of Oil hits all time low and its significance ebbs lower! grin grin

In time, you will see that you are just doing harm to yourself, your children, your environment and your future!

Ewo'lokanmi mbe?

All this show of bragadocio wont divide Nigeria one bit.

"In the midst of plenty, the fool suffers" undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Wins In Kogi State As INEC Concludes Collation / Federal High Court, Abakaliki Attacked, Burnt (Photos) / Panic As Rogue Killer Soldiers Spread Deaths On Lagos Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.