Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS (47379 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: Our Plans Working Perfectly Well - Arewa Youth Leader / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Igbo is Igbo..please this is 2016, can we move on to more important issues. See how Buhari and the Fulani are again milking the resources from tuna land while you bicker for the 40th year in a row.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Really?! Igboid that exited after contradicting himself by first claiming that it was Ojukwu that released Awolowo and later claiming that Awolowo was released by the North to crush Biafra? And Mr. 666 who has not been able to really address any issue raised but has kept on shedding crocordile tears about Zik's prophesied NPC-NCNC-Biarewanistan Republic?
Secondly, how many times have we too told you ibo lots, that Eastern Region ended years ago. You stand by your Bleep self..stop shouting Eastern Region and dragging Bayelsa, River, Akwa Ibom and Cross River to una bullshit.

Can you see your hypocrisy above? So you did not even notice the various comments in which your own brother Mr. 666 has kept on tying Edo/Delta together as Midwest in his claim that we alone were able to stop Igbos, Yorubas and Hausa-fulanis from exiting Nigeria in 1966 and also killing Aburi Accord of ibos in 1967? You must have selective sight.
Well, all Edolites and Deltans are both Benin Kingdom emiigrants thus you can't really separate them. Moreover Edo is not asking for secession let alone drag Delta along. Neither is Delta asking for any and dragging Edo along. But the Eastern minorities have no common migrational origin with ibos yet ibos are even the ones dragging unrelated peoples into their biafra shit. Very pathetic hypocrites!

Miserable devil's incarnate from Uneme-Nekhua criminal clan, do well to provide such posts where I hyped on the so-called Zik's prophesied NPC-NCNC-Biarewanistan Republic. You really clueless on what to write and so decided to concoct some more lies to attempt to deflect the impending doom at your doorstep.

The Notorious Deadlytrash of NL, stop forming any familiarity with anything Igbo. You're not needed in Igbo gathering. Edo was simply used to complete SS. Edo is geographically and culturally not SS. Edo is more or less SW.
Edo and Yorubas can be considered one; joined together by Oduduwa who sent his son Eweka to bring Ife superior civilization to the Binis.

Pvt.Parts post:
"You must be a yoruba bini armed robber.

I am from Delta and Urhobo.

Edo has better chance joining kogi than Delta abi you don forget why we wanted to split from old Bendel before?"
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
36xtr39r:

Miserable devil's incarnate from Uneme-Nekhua criminal clan, do well to provide such posts where I hyped on the so-called Zik's prophesied NPC-NCNC-Biarewanistan Republic. You really clueless on what to write and so decided to concoct some more lies to attempt to deflect the impending doom at your doorstep.

The Notorious Deadlytrash of NL, stop forming any familiarity with anything Igbo. You're not needed in Igbo gathering. Edo was simply used to complete SS. Edo is geographically and culturally not SS. Edo is more or less SW.
Edo and Yorubas can be considered one; joined together by Oduduwa who sent his son Eweka to bring Ife superior civilization to the Binis.

Pvt.Parts post:
"You must be a yoruba bini armed robber.

I am from Delta and Urhobo.

Edo has better chance joining kogi than Delta abi you don forget why we wanted to split from old Bendel before?"

No genuine Urhobo person would deny Bini Origin. Only an Igbo man disguising as Urhobo would do so out of ignorance or mischief. However you have refused to answer my questions on why Zik and Igbos wanted a unitary and "detribalized" Nigeria against the dictates of his Anthropology profession. Is it that you have no answer to it but quietly acknowledging that Igbos were never sincerely pursuing a just and equitable Nigeria but a "One-Nigeria" where they'll rip all others off?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 12:53am On Jul 24, 2016
Deadlytruth:
No genuine Urhobo person would deny Bini Origin. Only an Igbo man disguising as Urhobo would do so out of ignorance or mischief. However you have refused to answer my questions on why Zik and Igbos wanted a unitary and "detribalized" Nigeria against the dictates of his Anthropology profession. Is it that you have no answer to it but quietly acknowledging that Igbos were never sincerely pursuing a just and equitable Nigeria but a "One-Nigeria" where they'll rip all others off?

Highlight the meaningful contributions of Uneme-Nekhua people to the progress of this country.

Enumerate the inputs any Uneme-Nekhua elite to the Nigeria Independence.

Mention the Uneme-Nekhua elites who attempted to salvage this contraption from heading to the rocks.

Explain how the Uneme-Nekhua elites have countered the maiming and killings of your kinsmen for fun for decades by the marauding herdsmen.

Try and engage the stuff between your ears for a good result this time around and stop being clever by half.

HOW NIGERIA'S BREAKUP IN 1966 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS - Umaru Dikko
https://www.nairaland.com/233153/north-would-have-regretted-nigerias-break-up-in-1966-Umaru-Dikko

HOW ABURI ACCORD OF JAN 1967 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS, LEADING TO THE CIVIL WAR - Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole
https://www.nairaland.com/2854914/why-fought-side-ojukwu-biafra-fola-oyewole

THE ACTION OF ENAHORO IN SCUTTLING THE CONFEDERATION PLAN - Tanko Yakassai
http://nigerianpilot.com/restructuring-calls-fears-igbos-yakassai/

FEMI ADESINA - Friday March 02, 2012
"...As his earthly remains are interred today, it is tragic that Nigeria is still submerged in the morass that Ojukwu already identified about 45 years ago. Today, bombs go off like firecrackers in the country... [size=13pt]Didn’t Ojukwu warn of these landmines ahead? Were all these issues not already settled at Aburi?[/size] Foremost journalist and media administrator, Akogun Tola Adeniyi, in a recent media interview, explained the Aburi Accord this way: “Let every region be semi-autonomous and develop at its own level.” Yes, that was the spirit and letter of Aburi, but which sadly became a road not taken. And is that not why we are still suffering today, living in a rickety and decrepit country that can burst at the seams any moment? I tell you, Ojukwu was a prophet, and like most prophets, he had no honour in his own country. Pity. But whether we like it or not, there’s no way we won’t return to Aburi. Willy-nilly. I only hope it will be sooner than later, before Nigeria goes to grief. On Aburi I stand.

Federal Government was perfidious and duplicitous on Aburi. It is still the same way today. That is why as Nigerians, we are most times disillusioned, dismayed, dispirited, dejected and depressed. When will change come to this land? Our hearts are getting weary.

Last December, I wrote that Ojukwu should be buried like a hero. I’m glad at the rites of passage so far, culminating in the interment today. Yes, bury him like a true hero. An icon, an avatar, deserves no less. This generation will surely not see another like Ojukwu. He fought not only for his own people, but for a true federation founded on justice, fair play, equity and rectitude... Adieu the Ikemba, the Eze Igbo Gburugburu. May your soul rest in peace. Ka nkpur’obi gi zue ike n’adukwa."

- Femi Adesina, current special adviser on media and publicity to PMB
Source: http://www.euphemiaudanoh.com/2016/06/federal-governments-violation-of-aburi.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1

RevDesmond.Juju post:
"When the struggle was on they were busy doing ashewoe conductor for their sisters and aunties in Europe.

Forget Edo people generally.

They were the ab0kis of the old Bendel.

After Delta was carved out they have remained permanently in the bronze age."

Rev.DesmondJuju post:
"Those who live in glass houses dare not throw stones.

Your women are disgracing African women in Spain and Italy. And una don begin enter Dubai to do ashewoe work

Edo girls are in brothels in Mali of all places.

School una no gree go again. Handwork una no gree Learn. Nah to go obodo oyibo dey do ashewoe work or if nah man to do ashewoe conductor.

Who no get sister go claim asylum dey draw welfare. Una guys dey Germany dey wait collect 700 euros per month, dey marry una grand mama or dey retail drugs for less than minimum wage. single hustle una no get.

At least Yoruba boys dey hold credit card runs, ibo boys dey ship in winter for Europe but wetin una dey do? Nothing!

Biggest pay check for edo  nah either ashewoe madam by selling your own sisters into sexual slavery or una boys go find una granny marry.

If I speak lie make I die.

I jam una for Niger border in 2007 where I went on a 5 country tour. Nah so Niger border guards dey use una dey do Yeye.
I entered the immigration hut to stamp my passport and when the Niger immigration man insisted I give him something before he gives me back my passport I holler for the ediot in pidgin. That is when your edo sisters and brothers struggling to pass common Niger border enter Burkina Faso knew I was Nigerian and from ND. See begging for money to drink water. I told them to go back that the desert is no joke and that since they intend passing through Mali to Europe via Algeria they should know there is a war in South Algeria

Them no even send me. Their eyes where set on Europe. No education, no skill whatsoever but them won enter Europe. I prayed silently that I hope the desert kills them or the Islamists in Algeria kill them all and if they escape that they drown in the Mediterranean sea.

Edo dey fall hand no be small.

Any time I enter Europe and I hear an edo ascent I deny 9ja. But if I see these same useless Tajus here on NL I go see holler dem but as for una no way.

You edo people need to be banned from travelling abroad"

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
36xtr39r:

Highlight the meaningful contributions of Uneme-Nekhua people to the progress of this country.

Enumerate the inputs any Uneme-Nekhua elite to the Nigeria Independence.

Mention the Uneme-Nekhua elites who attempted to salvage this contraption from heading to the rocks.

Explain how the Uneme-Nekhua elites have countered the maiming and killings of your kinsmen for fun for decades by the marauding herdsmen.

Try and engage the stuff between your ears for a good result this time around and stop being clever by half.

https://www.nairaland.com/233153/north-would-have-regretted-nigerias-break-up-in-1966-Umaru-Dikko

HOW ABURI ACCORD OF JAN 1967 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS, LEADING TO THE CIVIL WAR - Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole

"...As his earthly remains are interred today, it is tragic that Nigeria is still submerged in the morass that Ojukwu already identified about 45 years ago. Today, bombs go off like firecrackers in the country... [size=13pt]Didn’t Ojukwu warn of these landmines ahead? Were all these issues not already settled at Aburi?[/size] Foremost journalist and media administrator, Akogun Tola Adeniyi, in a recent media interview, explained the Aburi Accord this way: “Let every region be semi-autonomous and develop at its own level.” Yes, that was the spirit and letter of Aburi, but which sadly became a road not taken. And is that not why we are still suffering today, living in a rickety and decrepit country that can burst at the seams any moment? I tell you, Ojukwu was a prophet, and like most prophets, he had no honour in his own country. Pity. But whether we like it or not, there’s no way we won’t return to Aburi. Willy-nilly. I only hope it will be sooner than later, before Nigeria goes to grief. On Aburi I stand.

Federal Government was perfidious and duplicitous on Aburi. It is still the same way today. That is why as Nigerians, we are most times disillusioned, dismayed, dispirited, dejected and depressed. When will change come to this land? Our hearts are getting weary.

Last December, I wrote that Ojukwu should be buried like a hero. I’m glad at the rites of passage so far, culminating in the interment today. Yes, bury him like a true hero. An icon, an avatar, deserves no less. This generation will surely not see another like Ojukwu. He fought not only for his own people, but for a true federation founded on justice, fair play, equity and rectitude... Adieu the Ikemba, the Eze Igbo Gburugburu. May your soul rest in peace. Ka nkpur’obi gi zue ike n’adukwa."

Source: http://www.euphemiaudanoh.com/2016/06/federal-governments-violation-of-aburi.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1

RevDesmond.Juju post:
"When the struggle was on they were busy doing ashewoe conductor for their sisters and aunties in Europe.

Forget Edo people generally.

They were the ab0kis of the old Bendel.

After Delta was carved out they have remained permanently in the bronze age."

Rev.DesmondJuju post:
"Those who live in glass houses dare not throw stones.

Your women are disgracing African women in Spain and Italy. And una don begin enter Dubai to do ashewoe work

Edo girls are in brothels in Mali of all places.

School una no gree go again. Handwork una no gree Learn. Nah to go obodo oyibo dey do ashewoe work or if nah man to do ashewoe conductor.

Who no get sister go claim asylum dey draw welfare. Una guys dey Germany dey wait collect 700 euros per month, dey marry una grand mama or dey retail drugs for less than minimum wage. single hustle una no get.

At least Yoruba boys dey hold credit card runs, ibo boys dey ship in winter for Europe but wetin una dey do? Nothing!

Biggest pay check for edo  nah either ashewoe madam by selling your own sisters into sexual slavery or una boys go find una granny marry.

If I speak lie make I die.

I jam una for Niger border in 2007 where I went on a 5 country tour. Nah so Niger border guards dey use una dey do Yeye.
I entered the immigration hut to stamp my passport and when the Niger immigration man insisted I give him something before he gives me back my passport I holler for the ediot in pidgin. That is when your edo sisters and brothers struggling to pass common Niger border enter Burkina Faso knew I was Nigerian and from ND. See begging for money to drink water. I told them to go back that the desert is no joke and that since they intend passing through Mali to Europe via Algeria they should know there is a war in South Algeria

Them no even send me. Their eyes where set on Europe. No education, no skill whatsoever but them won enter Europe. I prayed silently that I hope the desert kills them or the Islamists in Algeria kill them all and if they escape that they drown in the Mediterranean sea.

Edo dey fall hand no be small.

Any time I enter Europe and I hear an edo ascent I deny 9ja. But if I see these same useless Tajus here on NL I go see holler dem but as for una no way.

You edo people need to be banned from travelling abroad"

Edos are neither skilled nor educated but Eropean and North American countries still grant them visas despite the possession of skills and education is the most important criteria for visa qualification? Then how do they get the visas by which they travelled and now need to be deported back home?
Mere looking at that write up it is clear from the half-baked pidgin presentation that it a pack of concocted lies by an Igbo man like you. The pidgin is too dry, fake and artificial for the speech to really be a Niger Deltan's. As an Edo person I can easily recognize a non-Edolite's and a non-Deltan's pidgin when I hear or read it. There are so many archaic pidgin slangs in that write up which have long been replaced with new ones in Edo/Delta pidgin parlance. A fake pidgin rendering of a speech from an Igbo man's imagination! Anyway, you tried. Please try again.
All these you said above are pure trash. Are Igbos not the ones languishing in jails all over Europ
e, North America and SE Asia for drug trafficking and also being murdered in South Africa? How many Edolites have you ever heard were arrested at MMIA with drugs the way Igbos are? Even Dora Akunyili confessed that Igbos are the manufacturers of fake medicines in Nigeria. All the fake pharmaceutical factories and fake drugs she destroyed and impounded were located in the South East. How many fake medicines did she, as NAFDAC boss, find in Edo state? Yes Edo girls started prostitution overseas due to the damaging effects the Nigerian economy came to suffer as a result of the unitary system introduced by your Zik and Ironsi. However, Igbo girls have taken over international prostitution while Igbo boys are the drug barons and kingpins.

For the sake of your Ignorance, please ask any genuine Deltan how Bendel got split into Edo and Delta. The Edo part actually submitted the memorandum that demanded that the Delta part be split off them. So your claims here of Deltans' hostility towards Edos is pure fallacy. In fact at a point the Ishekiris began to wish it was possible for them to cut back into Edo State. If you have ever heard of "Edowa" movement among Itshekiris, that's the meaning. Deltans harbour no grudge against Edo and vice versa. In fact there are still itsekiri, Urhobo and Ijaw enclaves in Edo State till today. The Okomu area of Edo state is an Ijaw enclave. Urhobos, Itsekiris, Isokos and even some Aniomas proudly identify Benin as their ancestral home till today. When we named Edo "The heartbeat of the Nation" Delta named theirs "The big heart" to reflect a relationship with Edo. We did not force them to do so. In fact we did not even know when they did it. We only woke up to see it. If the splitting of Edo and Delta was based on acrimony and oppression by Edos then there is no way Deltans (who are known to be very reactive to oppression) would have taken a nickname indicating brotherhood with Edo. Ever after the split it is even Deltans that seek more to identify with Edolites than the other way round. This due to their recognition of Benin as their root. Ask any Deltan you know. There is no coronation ceremony of any new monarch in Delta State (even among Aniomas) that Deltans themselves consider properly done and acceptable to them without the arrival and witnessing of it by delegates from the Oba of Benin's palace. When the Olu of Warri died recently at the same time with Oba Eradiawa the Itsekiris had to wait patiently till a new Oba was installed before installing their own new Olu since the Oba's delegates have an integral role to play in the installation of any Olu of Warri who refers to the Oba as his father. Ask any Itsekiri man you know. Till today, professional farmers of Delta State origin all move to Edo State to farm. However Edos dare not chestbeat about all these as igbos would have done were they in our shoes. It is Deltans that rather confess these facts with their own mouths while any Edo person around would just remain quiet and unassuming about it. I myself, as an unassuming Edo person, would not have said all these but for your Ignorance. So each time you try to play up Delta State against Edo state your Ignorance only gives me fun.
What I discover here is that you are not stable. Those Yoruba soldiers interviewed in your links obviously wanted to please igbo readers like you hence deliberately avoided mentioning the fact that Nigeria's 1960 constitution was okay and working fine but that Aguyi Ironsi and the same Ojukwu were the first to mutilate it only for Ojukwu to later begin to seek a reversal to the status quo ante through his Aburi Accord proposals.
. Now you yourself have confessed that many Yorubas fought on Biafra's side. So there were these many Yorubas who fought on the side of Biafra yet you Igbos still so much insult Yorubas and call them names like cowards, saboteurs, etc? Then it means you people are incurable ingrates. On the other hand common sense should have told you that the other few Yorubas who fought against Biafra did it as a matter of personal conviction and not on behalf of all Yorubas as you now want everyone to believe. In fact from my reserch I found out that the Yorubas who fought together with Igbos for Biafra far outnumbered the ones who fought against it. Now, in the philosophy of democracy such should naturally translate to mean that Yorubas supported and defended Biafra. But Igbos have taken the action of a tiny minority of Yorubas as representative of the whole against the majority which were on their side. Is that the kind of tribe you want any other tribe in Nigeria to identify with in future and lend support to in their current quest for Biafra and restructuring? A tribe that will forever remain ungrateful because of the action of one person when even 99 others were on their side? Then something is clearly wrong with those people. I think Igbos urgently need introspection. Even God hates ingratitude.
That means Yorubas are even being falsely accused of scuttling Biafra. Well, that serves Yorubas right because Yorubas always bent too much backwards to accommodate and please Igbos even though they knew Igbos never really loved them. Every tribe has now learnt never to carry another's burden more than the owner, thus each tribe is now back to their tent and answering their father's name. No more Southern interest. All people to themselves!
Let me now cure your Ignorance. Uneme-Nekhua is not a tribe but a single settlement within the larger Edo tribe. I see you have been fooling yourself thinking Uneme-Nekhua is a tribe of its own despite that from the beginning I was proud to state it and explain it to you that I am from Uneme-Nekhua. This is a town located 8km SSE of Ibillo where vehicles enroute Abuja from/to Lagos make an important turn in direction.
In fact all the different peoples of the current Edo State and most parts of Delta were all clans within the Benin Kingdom but later peacefully and without bloodshed migrated radially away from Benin due to dissatisfaction with policies of different Ogisos at different times.
Now, the most sincere, earliest and most proactive contribution to salvaging Nigeria was by an Edo person, Enahoro who with the assistance of Igienuma ( a co- MP and AG member representing one of the colonial divisions which is now part of Edo North where Uneme community People are found in 9 towns interspersed among other equally migrant clans from Benin) - proposed a 19 state structure with each state's boundary carved along ethnic compatibility lines in order to put a check on undue cross-tribal interferences thus clashes of culture and daily bloodshed which have become Nigeria's lot till tomorrow. Enahoro -An Ishan himself - working with Igienumah, also proposed the secession clause which was not necessarily aimed at breaking up Nigeria but aimed at helping to instill the fear of the consequences of misgovernance in all our future leaders whoever they would be and whichever part of Nigeria they might come from.
The truth is that most Edo and Delta MPs of the AG back then worked together with Enahoro to build the 19 state structure proposal and secession clause document based on a careful study of the ethnic diversity and compatibility they undertook. They only let Enahoro be the one to float it before the parliarment because Enahoro had become the most popular among them for earlier pioneering the call for independence.
But your "One-Nigerianist" elites led by Zik denounced these proposals of theirs and called them tribalists for these farsighted contributions that would have forestalled today's recurrent and intractable bloodshed and set Nigeria on the path to world economic and military power status. With that Zik and his ilk set Nigeria on the reverse gear and inspired our young military men with unitary system which got introduced by Ironsi and perpetrated by Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, OBJ, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam, OBJ, Yaradua and even Jonathan.
Now be sincere and proud enough to name your own village or hamlet, describe its location as I have done of mine, mention the colonial division it belonged to, mention the name of the MP representing it back then and tell us exactly what contributions he made in the parliarment towards seeing that unitary system was prevented from ever coming into Nigeria. Also tell us if that your MP was ever labelled a tribalist by Zik for advocating federalism or confederacy.
I am waiting.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
Deadlytruth:
What I discover here is that you are not stable. Those Yoruba soldiers interviewed in your links obviously wanted to please igbo readers like you hence deliberately avoided mentioning the fact that Nigeria's 1960 constitution was okay and working fine but that Aguyi Ironsi and the same Ojukwu were the first to mutilate it only for Ojukwu to later begin to seek a reversal to the status quo ante through his Aburi Accord proposals.
. Now you yourself have confessed that many Yorubas fought on Biafra's side. So there were these many Yorubas who fought on the side of Biafra yet you Igbos still so much insult Yorubas and call them names like cowards, saboteurs, etc? Then it means you people are incurable ingrates. On the other hand common sense should have told you that the other few Yorubas who fought against Biafra did it as a matter of personal conviction and not on behalf of all Yorubas as you now want everyone to believe. In fact from my reserch I found out that the Yorubas who fought together with Igbos for Biafra far outnumbered the ones who fought against it. Now, in the philosophy of democracy such should naturally translate to mean that Yorubas supported and defended Biafra. But Igbos have taken the action of a tiny minority of Yorubas as representative of the whole against the majority which were on their side. Is that the kind of tribe you want any other tribe in Nigeria to identify with in future and lend support to in their current quest for Biafra and restructuring? A tribe that will forever remain ungrateful because of the action of one person when even 99 others were on their side? Then something is clearly wrong with those people. I think Igbos urgently need introspection. Even God hates ingratitude.
That means Yorubas are even being falsely accused of scuttling Biafra. Well, that serves Yorubas right because Yorubas always bent too much backwards to accommodate and please Igbos even though they knew Igbos never really loved them. Every tribe has now learnt never to carry another's burden more than the owner, thus each tribe is now back to their tent and answering their father's name. No more Southern interest. All people to themselves!
Let me now cure your Ignorance. Uneme-Nekhua is not a tribe but a single settlement within the larger Edo tribe. I see you have been fooling yourself thinking Uneme-Nekhua is a tribe of its own despite that from the beginning I was proud to state it and explain it to you that I am from Uneme-Nekhua. This is a town located 8km SSE of Ibillo where vehicles enroute Abuja from/to Lagos make an important turn in direction.
..Enahoro -An Ishan himself - working with Igienumah, also proposed the secession clause which was not necessarily aimed at breaking up Nigeria but aimed at helping to instill the fear of the consequences of misgovernance in all our future leaders whoever they would be and whichever part of Nigeria they might come from.
But your "One-Nigerianist" elites led by Zik denounced these proposals of theirs and called them tribalists for these farsighted contributions that would have forestalled today's recurrent and intractable bloodshed and set Nigeria on the path to world economic and military power status. With that Zik and his ilk set Nigeria on the reverse gear and inspired our young military men with unitary system which got introduced by Ironsi and perpetrated by Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, OBJ, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam, OBJ, Yaradua and even Jonathan.
Now be sincere and proud enough to name your own village or hamlet, describe its location as I have done of mine,..
I am waiting.

"If-I'm-not-sure-I'll-make-it-alone-then-let-us-all-stick-together-and-see-if-we-could-make-it-together-in-a-jealous-tribalistic-wicked-painful-way." 

"In one Nigeria we all remain. We will never allow you go..."
- The Notorious Deadlytrash of NL

You can see that you've been largely unstable in your ways. You're seriously experiencing some short-ciruits somewhere in your brain. It was you that mischievously hyped on the January 15, 1966 as Igbo coup. Having exposed your wicked lies against the Igbo Nation you now capitulated with your tail in between your legs.

You remained pained that a great Igbo people could look the enemy's eyes and say "enough is enough" while you and your inconsequential, criminal Uneme-Nekhua people hid under your beds looking for opportunities to trade off the lots of the better South to satisfy your slave masters.

Before you digress from the nitty-gritty, you must not forget that self-determination remains an inalienable right of any people.

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with hypocrites in Uneme-Nekhua enclave who are confused about what they stand for. Igbos have nothing in common with you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people. You're better off in OduaArewanistan republic.

And the earlier you stop lying to yourself and acknowledge the real situation on ground the better for your survival.

Your readership needs your answers to these questions bothering the January 15, 1966 coup which you claimed to be Igbo coup:

1. Explain why Awolowo was spared in that coup.
2. Explain why Enahoro was spared in that coup.
3. Explain why Yorubas like Ademoyega, Fola Oyewole took part in that January coup.
4. Explain why the coupists also killed Col. Unegbe, an Igboman.
5. Explain why the coupists didn't kill Aminu Kano.
6. How many Igbos/Easterners were in Ironsi's brief tenure?
7. Did Aguiyi Ironsi appoint an Easterner to govern the Northern region or Western/Midwestern regions?
8. Did Aguiyi Ironsi move the Federal Capital territory from Lagos to Umuahia?
9. Did Aguiyi Ironsi increase Eastern region from 1 of 4 to 19 of 36 States or even encroached the boundaries of other regions to grab their lands?
10. Did Aguiyi Ironsi overthrow a government and began jailing his supposed enemies?

Taking a critical look at your spicy narration, you still could not cover up the great evils of Uneme-Nekhua clan and their Edo folks which has brought untold drawbacks to the progress of the better South. Your perpetual ass-licking stance still rings aloud in the polity.

You expect the Igbo Nation to pat you and your bloodthirsty Yoruba partners in crime who positioned themselves in airports and railway stations hounding and killing off innocent Eastern passengers.

Aguiyi Ironsi never destroyed regionalism; he merely centralised government to checkmate the anarchy at that time which is purely military way of givernance. All the 4 Regions were intact with fiscal responsibility and resource control until Ironsi was killed by Danjuma and his Northern brothers whom Ironsi entrusted and delegated various government functionaries to.

It was Gowon who abolished the regions in July 1966. But in January 5 Ojukwu pushed for a Confederation which was agreed to and signed by Gowon with the Edo, Yoruba and Northern representatives in Aburi, Ghana. The confederal system of government was
better than the regionalism Yorubas and their Edo cohorts claim Ironsi destroyed.

When Gowon reneged on the Aburi Accord not one Edo elite or the treacherous Yoruba leader stood up to the Nottherners. Instead they colluded with their Northern masters to entrench unitary rule.
Today, the same Yorubas are demanding the restructuring of the country and enthronement of fiscal federalism, the very thing Ojukwu got in Aburi, Ghana about 50 years ago in January 1967, which the Edos and Yorubas helped to scuttle.

https://www.nairaland.com/273382/turn-nigeria-into-nation-federations-18-region-structure-enahoro-2009
This the notorious Enahoro who this confused Uneme-Nekhua minion has been bragging with. This Enahoro was the same hypocrite who colluded with his Northern masters to frustrate the lots of the better South in the 1960s. At just the tail end of his life on earth he began to clamour for restructuring of this country - the same idea he contributed in destroying just to get a few crumbs from his slave masters.

https://www.nairaland.com/3233317/nigerias-present-economic-situation-worse-than-biafra-war-aregbesola

https://www.nairaland.com/3194778/nigerias-sovereignty-negotiable-says-soyinka

https://www.nairaland.com/3190608/afenifere-claims-nigeria-failing-yoruba-nation

https://www.nairaland.com/3160228/unless-restructure-nigeriall-not-know-peace-okorounmu

https://www.nairaland.com/3228027/epic-adivice-pmb-twitter-user-jide-ogunleye-forget-2019

https://www.nairaland.com/3154645/yoruba-elders-accuse-buhari-marginalizing-south-favouring-north

https://www.nairaland.com/3152861/ekiti-drags-buhari-before-us-uk-amnesty-intl

https://www.nairaland.com/3143034/people-todays-event-calls-serious-concern

May 30, 2016: https://www.nairaland.com/3136719/no-confab-report-no-nigeria-falae-insists

A sensible Yoruba, Lawani, calling for the division of the country and the creation of Oduduwa - https://www.nairaland.com/3132453/nigeria-economic-diversification-rhetoric-divide-the-country

Ojukwu came up with the confederation idea and proposed it in the Aburi Accord of January 4 and January 5, 1967, which was agreed to and signed by the parties involved only for enemies of progress - the greedy Edos and Yorubas to push for its non-implementation till date.

From the time of the first coup of January 15, 1966 and Aguiyi Ironsi becoming the head of state to January 5, 1967 of the Aburi Accord is not up to a year! Even if you mischievously used Nigeria Independence day of October 1, 1960 as your base line to January 5, 1967 of the Aburi Accord, what you get is 6 years and 3 months.

So where exactly did you get your fraudulent 50 years that you stated took Igbos to realise the evils of the Unity system of government? You most likely, cunningly
based the date in the region of year 2010. You've failed woefully in Nigeria politics, history and geography. And now in simple arithmetic. Infact you're completely useless in estimating values and indeed poor in Economics.

In 1972 Gowon with the support of Awolowo enacted and enforced the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury a Yoruba man, Olusegun Obasanjo, promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

Not satisfied with what you've written by yourself about the contributions of Edo elites to the upliftment of this country you dived into a dangerous terrain of eulogising the notorious tribalist in the world - the Yorubas.

It's the same Yorubas who the current Emir of Kano, SLS, expressed in an article that "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA". He continued, "Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities"...
I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys."

Balarabe Musa maintained and stated that, "... the Yoruba political leadership has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude."

As if that wasn't enough, just recently, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, the current Chairman of the Northern Elders Council, NEC, said that the Yoruba tribe are too treacherous to be trusted as they are unstable in their ways. 

Give credit to Nnamdi Azikiwe who engineered the carving out of Midwest from the West, to save igbos in Anioma from the treacherous Awolowo and his Yoruba people.

The Mid-Western Region was a division of Nigeria from 1963 to 1991, from 1976 being known as the Bendel state. Bendel State was divided into Delta State and Edo State in 1991.

It was formed in June 1963 from Benin and Delta provinces of the Western Region, and its capital was Benin City. 

The Edos and Edoids are known for their barbaric acts; not forgetting how they connived with their slave masters and went from house to house fishing out Aniomas for executions. Till date they are still bloodthirsty.

In the Nigeria of today the Edos and Edoid groups are no force to reckon with and are just too insignificant in the larger scheme of things, to exert any influence.

Edos and Edoid groups still exert their pre-colonial subjugation and wickedness as being seen in the plight of the Igbanke people.

AWOLOWO AND ENAHORO 1962 COUP PLOT

"...Chief Awolowo knew the Nigerian political terrain very well, and the personalities, inside out, yet he played a key role in the break-up of the AG.

As if this was not enough, Chief Awolowo got himself dragged into an attempt to change the Federal Government by violent means, at a time when he was leading the fastest growing political party in the country, with a decisive national spread, and considerable support in all the three regions. 

As one of the leaders of the AG who was also a leading actor, deeply involved in the conspiracy with Chief Awolowo and Chief Enahoro, late Mazi S. G. Ikoku, stated in a conference held in Kaduna in 1993, that they were planning the overthrow of the government by force. This confession of S.G. Ikoku has been published in a book titled, Inside Nigerian History, edited by Drs. Bala Usman and George Kwannashie and was published by the Presidential Panel on the History of Nigeria Since Independence, Ibadan, under the chairmanship of Professor Tekena Tamuno. This is how on Monday 7th June 1993, S. G. Ikoku responded to a question on the civilian coup attempt led by Chief Awolowo in 1962 in which he too was actively involved:

“All I can tell you in all honesty is that we were fed up with the way the Nigerian system, the Nigerian state and the Nigerian government were operating, we were deeply committed to a change of government and we saw that waiting for elections would not produce any solution to the problem… 

This is what we did. We started preparations for it and the preparations had gone very far and I believe we would have pulled it off. But unfortunately for us, our leader [Chief Awolowo] was so kind to the Nigeria Police that he had a police informant among his planners and so the police knew every move we were making. And so it was easy to trip us up. Well, after the act, people have been saying, there was no coup because we went to court, there was no plan to overthrow the government. Naturally, if you catch me over a coup plot and take me to court, I have to enter a plea of not guilty, I did not do it. This is normal. But then the whole thing has blown over. We served our term. We have been granted pardon, we have been rehabilitated, our leader even became the number two citizen in the country. I felt it was time to tell the country the truth, so that our history would be correct. So, all I am saying is that, yes, there was an attempt to overthrow the government. Yes, I took part in the attempt. Yes, it failed. ” (Inside Nigerian History, pp. 43-44)

No one, including Chief Anthony Enahoro, has come out to deny this confession by S. G. Ikoku."
Copied#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
THE ILL-TREATMENT THE EDOS METE OUT TO THE IGBANKES

Igbanke is an Igbo community in Edo State. They are of the Ika people family stock in Delta State, Nigeria, which also constitutes Agbor, and up to the border towns of Alifekede (Ala Ifekede) down to Umunede. Today's Igbanke village is constituted by Omoluah, Obiogba, Idumuiru, Igbontor, Idumodin, Ake, Oligie and Ottah, all of which have different histories of migration. The people have organized various movements to change the name of the town back to "Igbo Akiri", which is its true name.

The government of Igbanke is presided over by Eze, Dei (Dim), odiowere (ndi owere), Ndichie, Dikens (Dike), okhiolors (okenye ulo), and Okhialis (okenye ala). Each of these heads has his jurisdiction. The jurisdiction could be stratified into three: The family level, the clan or hamlets and the villages. At the family level, the okhilor (he is usually the oldest man in the family) presides. At the village quarters, the okhilor is the head, while the eze rules over the entire village. Igbanke is chiefly a patrilineal society and as such its women are seen as performing passive roles. The language spoken in Igbanke is the Ika dialect of Igbo.

1)Most Igbanke indigenes who have Ika ancestral names like, “Emeka”, “Maduka”, “Chukwuka’’, “Chinyere”, “Amaka and “Ogorchukwu etc are often confronted with all forms of harrowing experiences when there are needs to visit our council headquarters, Abudu to process one official documents or the other. We are often denied the issuance of documents like, ‘’Certificate of Local Government of origin’’, Protest Letter’’, To Whom it May Concern’’ etc on the guise that we are Igbos not Binis.

2) Those who have the likes of the Ika aforementioned names, but can speak Bini language are rarely subjected to the above embarrassments and discriminations. This act goes a long way to vindicate our fear that there is a subtle, but carefully planned agenda to make us lose and abandon our ancestral linguistic and cultural heritage.

3) In order to escape from these unnecessary embarrassments, some have no other option left than to change their identity from Ika to Bini names.

4) Today, we, the good people of Igbanke are gradually losing our once envied linguistic and cultural identity.

5) Some of the eminent sons and daughters of Igbanke, whom out of their outstanding contributions to the development of the community, were recognized and given chieftaincy titles had had such titles changed from their original Ika origin to Bini equivalence. For example, few years ago, one of our sons who addressed himself as “Chief Orike-Eze” in Oba of Benin palace was shamefully harassed, insulted and forcefully forced, right in the palace to change the title to its Bini version. According to the palace, the title, “Orike-Eze” had its origin from Ika and Igbo nations.

6) Most times, when we have cause to attend meetings with the Binis in our local government area or senatorial district, deliberations are often conducted in Bini in language without considering the fact that the people of Igbanke in such meeting neither speak nor understand the language. Often than not, when we attend such meetings, we left the venue more confused than we were before we went.

7) In Edo state, Igbanke is only tolerated, not respected, seen, but not accepted. Today, in Edo state, plans are underway by the state Ministry of Education to introduce the teaching of Bini language in Primary and Secondary schools across Edo south senatorial district including Igbanke. Unfortunately, our indigenous language, Ika is not in any way considered qualified and appropriate to be taught in schools in Igbanke. To us, its another deliberate attempt to send our linguistic identity into extinction.

8 ) Our people have also suffered several inexplicable discriminations when it comes to political appointments. During the 2013 Edo state local government elections, one of our sons, Mr. Peter Ikem was refused to contest the chairmanship position in Orhionmwon local government area. Reason? His surname, “Ikem” was an Igbo, not Bini name.

PRAYERS/ RELIEFS SOUGHT
Sir, based on the foregoing, we therefore, solemnly ask for the folling:
1) A local government be created that would comprise all Ika speaking communities scattered in Orhionmwon, Uhunmwode and Igueben LGAs of Edo state. Some of the Ika speaking communities in Edo stateinclude:
Orhionmwon LGA —-Igbanke, Iru, Ohezenaka, Otobaye, Ugbeka
Uhunmwode LGA —– Oghada
Igueben LGA ——- Ekpon

2) Where, for any reason, creation of a local government area that would consist all Ika speaking communities is not in the immediate possible or feasible, we therefore ask that Igbanke be severed from Edo state and merged with our kiths and kins in Ika south local government area in Delta state.
3) The people of Igbanke should be seen, recognized and accepted as Ika people residing in Edo.
4) That Igbanke people, based on our forceful membership of Edo state, reserved the natural and inalienable right to decide, at any time, either to continue our membership with the Binis in Edo state or join our Ika kiths and kins in Delta state.

CONCLUSION
Igbanke is an Ika speaking community in Orhionmwon local government, Edo state
We, the people Igbanke are gradually losing our linguistic and cultural identity as a result of our forceful membership with the Binis through conquest.
If urgent measures are not taken, our linguistic and cultural identity would sooner than later go into sudden extinction. In order to avoid the impending extermination of our race, we therefore, ask that a local government area be created that would consist of Igbanke and other Ika speaking communities in Edo state.
Alternatively, if local government creation is not feasible or possible, Igbanke, should therefore, be severed from Edo state and merged with Ika south local government area in Delta state.

https://www.nairaland.com/3023736/igbos-most-discussed-african-ethnic

https://www.nairaland.com/2915397/igbos-most-discussed-trending-tribe

https://www.nairaland.com/2539196/hahaha-see-what-colonial-oyibo

https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un

https://www.nairaland.com/2927142/innoson-keeps-jets-operation-against

https://www.nairaland.com/2925248/innoson-produces-parts-nigerian-airforce/5#42807629

https://www.nairaland.com/2927142/innoson-keeps-jets-operation-against#42822593
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 4:40am On Jul 25, 2016
@Mr. 666, After describing the location of my Uneme-Nekhua town and giving you the name of our elite who honestly worked towards an equitable and fair Nigeria as you demanded, I was expecting your reply to contain an answer to my question too about which village you come from and what exactly were the contributions of the elites of that village towards seeing that unitary system never entered Nigeria and that Nigeria was set on the path of equity, freedom from internal power struggle and unhealthy rivalry. But in your usual escapist mode you completely abandoned that and fell into your usual trance of teeth gnashing and shedding of crocodile tears. Can you now see that you have failed woefully? Why not just be proud of that your village for at least once and therefore mention it and tell us who your MP was and what his contribution was towards the attempt to put confederacy in place like Enahoro, Igenuma, Arthur Prest, etc did by floating the 19 state structure/secession clause bill? Are you that ashamed of your village? I tell you again that I am from the town of Uneme-Nekhua and our MP Igenuma worked hand in hand with Enahoro and Arthur Prest in AG to openly and boldly demand for the kind of confederate Nigeria Ojukwu later sought at Aburi. I therefore challenge you again and again and again........ to name your village and tell us the name of your MP together with his contribution. Is this too much a demand? You've been the one asking me this, and now I've answered you. I am now asking you same but you are not able to answer. The hunter has become the hunted. What a game. Please name your village here on NL and tell us how elite of that village contribute to the attempt to stop Zik from endangering our future with unitary system advocacy disguised as "one Nigeria". Is your village nameless? Or it simply could not produce an MP? Please go and google search D.I.J Igenuma and bring back your results here. And then tell me your village's name and an elite from it so that I too can google search. Or are you their only elite whose activity is limited to NL?
Let me now puncture another lie of yours. Enahoro did not attend Aburi meeting, so he did not even have access to the resolutions reached there. How can he therefore renege on an accord he was never a party to? The video of Aburi is there on u tube. I've watched it repeatedly and did not see Enahoro there. Enahoro had none of the documents given to him or published in the papers for him to read. So what was his business about how it was allegedly scuttled? As at when Aburi meeting was holding he had just been released by Gowon from Zik-Balewa imprisonment and so just recuperating, thus not yet physically or emotionally okay to attend such a meeting where his intellect would be tasked again. So Enahoro could not have scuttled what he only heard of but never participated in.
On the Philip Asiodu you keep hammering; you have not been able to reproduce exactly what he allegedly said verbatim to Gowon that made Gowon capitulate. You keep posting individual's unsubstantiated claims. It is just like how Awolowo's speech of "If the East is allowed to go then the West will exit too...." was twisted to mean a promise of joint declaration of war with Ojukwu. Same distortions must have been the case with Asiodu's words on Aburi agreements on arrival in Nigeria, if not why has no single one of his accusers quoted him verbatim about his alleged advice to Gowon?
Now to your posers;

1. Explain why Awolowo was spared in
that coup.

Answer: Awolowo was not spared as he was not even targeted in the first instance. The coup was aimed at eliminating politicians like Zik, Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Okpara, Akintola, etc; who were part and parcel of the misgoverning NPC-NCNC coalition government which Awolowo as a matter of principles consistently refused to partake in despite different offers to him to join. Awo's name was not in Nzeogwu's hit list. In fact Nwobosi later explained that they intended to free Awo and make him the prime minister as only Awo and his lieutenants like Enahoro could not be described as a mediocre among all the top politicians then both in and out of power.

2. Explain why Enahoro was spared in
that coup.

Answer: The explanation for Awo above also holds for Enahoro. He, like Awo, refused to be part of the mediocrity NPC-NCNC coalition of Zik and Balewa.

3. Explain why Yorubas like Ademoyega,
Fola Oyewole took part in that January
coup.

Answer: They, like Nzeogwu, were hoodwinked by Ifeajuna into believing that it was a truly nationalistic and patriotic endeavour without knowing that Ifeajuna, Don Okafor, Anuforo and Nwatuegu had tribal motives up their sleeves. Nzeogwu later confirmed it in his interview with Journalist Ejindu after his release from detention by Ojukwu. Have you ever wondered why these Yorubas had none of the targeted politicians assigned to them to kill? Why did Ifeajuna not detail these two Yorubas to kill Zik and Okpara the way he detailed Nwobosi to kill Akintola? You think it was due to mere oversight?

4. Explain why the coupists also killed
Col. Unegbe, an Igboman.

Answer: Unegbe was not originally billed to be killed. In fact he was not even discussed by the coupists at the planning stage. From the circumstances of his death he could be best described as a mere collateral damage.

5. Explain why the coupists didn't kill
Aminu Kano.

Answer: Was Aminu Kano part of the NPC-NCNC coalition government which politicians the coupists set out to liquidate?
6. How many Igbos/Easterners were in
Ironsi's brief tenure?
Answer: Very many.

7. Did Aguiyi Ironsi appoint an Easterner
to govern the Northern region or
Western/Midwestern regions?
Answer: Was he even supposed to appoint soldiers to govern the regions in the first instance rather than just rescue our democracy by simply replacing the slain premiers with their deputies and then accepting Dipcharima from NPC, installing him as Balewa's replacement and then exiting the stage as a gentleman and honest GOC? Do you think any military officer would have ever attempted any coup again in Nigeria if he had taken that honourable and heroic path as the GOC? Why take power for himself? Mind you that Ironsi centralized the civil service and started posting Easterners to the North to take up headship positions. Was that a sensible step given the tension soaked situation at that moment?
8. Did Aguiyi Ironsi move the Federal
Capital territory from Lagos to
Umuahia?

Answer: That is irrelevant. Location of capital has no unique benefit. When Federal Capital was in Lagos did it place the Yorubas at any special advantage over other Nigerian tribes? In fact it even caused them more harm than good.

9. Did Aguiyi Ironsi increase Eastern
region from 1 of 4 to 19 of 36 States or
even encroached the boundaries of other
regions to grab their lands?
Answer: He actually pronounced the death of the regions by decree 34 and split Nigeria into 35 provinces against public disapproval. Why disobey the wish of the people among whom you wanted to restore peace and mutual love?

10. Did Aguiyi Ironsi overthrow a
government and began jailing his
supposed enemies?
Answer: Yes he did by refusing to salvage democracy through accepting NPC's choice of Dipcharima as Balewa's replacement. His refusal to release all political prisoners and bring all of them to a roundtable, together with jailing and sentencing Boro to death answers the second part of the question.

Now answer my own questions as follows;

1. Why did Ifeajuna decide to go ahead with coup when information had got to him that Zik, a major target in Nzeogwu's hit list, had traveled out of the country three months back and was not sure the day he would return?

2. At the planning stage the coupists agreed that only those who resist arrest would be killed. Why did Ifeajuna still shoot Okotie-Eboh and Balewa despite they did not resist arrest? In fact at the point of his liquidation along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Okotie-Eboh begged Ifeajuna for mercy but Ifeajuna declined. Why?

3. Dennis Osadebey was the first to sabotage the all-south UPGA movement by working for the Akintola-Balewa NNA followed by Zik. The coupists were sympathetic to UPGA. Now why did Ifeajuna drive past Benin City without just stopping over to Kill Dennis Osadebey? Moreso that Osadebey was also part of the NPC-NCNC coalition from day one.

4. Why did Ifeajuna refuse to just kill Okpara on arrival in Enugu that day?

5. Why did Ifeajuna and Don Okafor run out of Nigeria after the coup failed whereas Nzeogwu stayed back?

6. Why did ironsi decide to further strengthen the centre when he knew that the centre's abuse of power regarding Western Region's purely internal affair was what caused the whole anarchy in the first instance?

6. Why couldn't Ironsi, within six months, prosecute and sentence the Igbo coupists to death for their treasonable felony and mutiny whereas within two weeks he fiercely fought and arrested Isaac Boro (a non-Igbo who committed a far lesser offence), and within another two months had secured his death sentence through the Supreme Court?

7. Why did Ironsi begin to nurse the idea of altering the structure of governance when what caused the problem on ground had nothing to do with structure but with mere disagreements over who formed alliances with who?

8. Why did Ojukwu not add his voice to that of the Northern officer sent by Northern emirs to Ironsi to demand a repeal of the Unification and Anti-secession Decrees?

9. Why did Ojukwu not press Ironsi to declare Biafra when the first set of Igbos were massacred in May 1966 right under Ironsi's nose as HOS?

10. Even if ironsi felt a constitution review was necessary why could he not re-invite the original drafters to come and do it themselves and that way secure the public's trust that he was not up to a game?

However you can't distract me with this. Name your village and its MP and state his contribution to the fight against Zik's push for unitary system which was the biggest calamity staring Nigeria directly in the face and waiting to happen back then. I am waiting again............. !
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2016
See below Ironsi's speech that killed the regions and finally destroyed Nigeria completely. It was three months after he assumed power through the barrel of the gun: It is within those three months that he left the regions alive and appointed military governors over them temporarily at the same time actually while planning to finally abolish them and replace them with his provinces.
Excerpts;

"Fellow Nigerians, during the past two weeks, I have presided over meeting of the Supreme Military Council and the Central Executive Council at which many important state matters were considered.
It is now three months since the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was handed over to the armed forces. Now that peace has been restored to the troubled areas it is time that the Military Government indicates clearly what it proposes to accomplish before relinquishing power. The removal of one of the obstacles on the way is provided for in the constitution (Suspension and Modification). Decree number 5 1966 which was promulgated by me today and comes into effect at once.
The provisions of the decree are intended to remove the last vestiges of the intense regionalism of the recent past, and to produce that cohesion in the governmental structure which is so necessary in achieving and maintaining the paramount objective of the National Military Government and indeed of every true Nigerian, namely; national unity.
The highlights of this decree are as follows:
1. The former regions are abolished and Nigeria grouped into a number of territorial areas called provinces.
2. Nigeria ceases to be what has been described as a federation. It now becomes simply The Republic of Nigeria............."

From the above is anyone still ready to keep blindly arguing that Ironsi did not abolish the regions, pulled down federalism and replaced it with an overwhelmingly strong centre, thus unitary system, all in the name of seeking a fraudulent "national unity" in line with "Zik's one Nigeria"?

The website is www.newsrescue.com
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2016
"If-I'm-not-sure-I'll-make-it-alone-then-let-us-all-stick-together-and-see-if-we-could-make-it-together-in-a-jealous-tribalistic-wicked-painful-way." 

"In one Nigeria we all remain. We will never allow you go..."
- The Notorious Deadlytrash of NL

@Deadlytrash a.k.a Devil's Incarnate, you can see that you have been ranting carelessly and senselessly by concocting lies and trying in vain to make them sound real that the January 15, 1966 coup was an Igbo coup.

You can see that yoy aren't wise at all to even see how you nailed yourself with the answers you provided with your hands. But it's the same you that have been going up and down with your lies and propaganda for several months of how Igbos caused the problem of the inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people whose elites cannot be traced in history to have made any nationalistic input during the Nigerian Independence era.

The Uneme-Nekhua clan are no match to even with a quarter of an LGA in Igboland. It's an insult to dare compare the two. And that's the reason you've been running helter-skelter trying in vain to blackmail Igbos to stay put with you in this cesspit and help you wade off Dan Fodio's descendants whenever they recommence their jihad.

Instead of spending your worthless time to seek the emancipation of your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people you're more pained and bitter that the Igbo Nation seek to have a separate existence from you.

No matter your silly rants, the main crux of the issue at hand still stands:
Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with hypocrites in Uneme-Nekhua enclave who are confused about what they stand for. Igbos have nothing in common with you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people. You're better off in OduaArewanistan republic.

You can continue to whine, weep, wail, yell, shout, curse and gnash your teeth at the mere hearing of Biaf... or NK till the inevitable occurs - the inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua clan spending the rest of their miserable lives with their Fulani masters in OduaArewanistan republic.

How could you expect the Igbo Nation to go about praising the bloodthirsty, notorious tribalists led by Awolowo who reneged on his on words as revealed by credible sources?

You should be ashamed that you're a complete waste to Uneme-Nekhua people.

Where exactly did I mention Enahoro to have attended the Aburi meeting in Ghana?
Your brain is surely experiencing some short-ciruits somewhere for you to hype on Enahoro not being in the meeting in Aburi, Ghana when I had already produced the list of the attendees.

It's funny how you've been going around in circus - you get cornered in one lie you move over to another while disgracing your people in the public domain with your cluelessness in Nigeria polity.

Aguiyi Ironsi never destroyed regionalism; he merely centralised government to checkmate the anarchy looming at that time which is purely military way of givernance. All the 4 Regions were intact with fiscal responsibility and resource control until Ironsi was killed by Danjuma and his Northern brothers whom Ironsi entrusted and delegated various government functionaries to.

It was Gowon who abolished the regions in July 1966. But in January 5 Ojukwu pushed for a Confederation which was agreed to and signed by Gowon with the Edo, Yoruba and Northern representatives in Aburi, Ghana. The confederal system of government was
better than the regionalism Yorubas and their Edo cohorts claim Ironsi destroyed.

You shouldn't expect sane minds to buy your cooked story of trying in vain to link Aguiyi Ironsi with the current constitution that's been used to run this fraudulent union. Aguiyi Ironsi and the generality of Nigerians, especially the Christian community, were not party to the fraudulent 1999 constitution replete with 73 mentions of Sharia, Islam - 28 mentions, Muslim - 10 and no single mention of anything Christ, Christian or church. That the country you call your own is an Islamic State should be your major concern.

When Gowon reneged on the Aburi Accord not one Edo elite or the treacherous Yoruba leader stood up to the Northerners. Instead they colluded with their Northern masters to entrench unitary rule.
Today, the same Yorubas are demanding the restructuring of the country and enthronement of fiscal federalism, the very thing Ojukwu got in Aburi, Ghana about 50 years ago in January 1967, which the Edos and Yorubas helped to scuttle.

https://www.nairaland.com/273382/turn-nigeria-into-nation-federations-18-region-structure-enahoro-2009
This the notorious Enahoro who this confused Uneme-Nekhua minion has been bragging with. This Enahoro was the same hypocrite who colluded with his Northern masters to frustrate the lots of the better South in the 1960s. At just the tail end of his life on earth he began to clamour for restructuring of this country - the same idea he contributed in destroying just to get a few crumbs from his slave masters.

Ojukwu came up with the confederation idea and proposed it in the Aburi Accord of January 4 and January 5, 1967, which was agreed to and signed by the parties involved only for enemies of progress - the greedy Edos and Yorubas to push for its non-implementation till date.

From the time of the first coup of January 15, 1966 and Aguiyi Ironsi becoming the head of state to January 5, 1967 of the Aburi Accord is not up to a year! Even if you mischievously used Nigeria Independence day of October 1, 1960 as your base line to January 5, 1967 of the Aburi Accord, what you get is 6 years and 3 months.

So where exactly did you get your fraudulent 50 years that you stated took Igbos to realise the evils of the Unity system of government? You most likely, cunningly
based the date in the region of year 2010. You've failed woefully in Nigeria politics, history and geography. And now in simple arithmetic. Infact you're completely useless in estimating values and indeed poor in Economics.

In 1972 Gowon with the support of Awolowo enacted and enforced the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury a Yoruba man, Olusegun Obasanjo, promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

AWOLOWO AND ENAHORO 1962 COUP PLOT

"...As if this was not enough, Chief Awolowo got himself dragged into an attempt to change the Federal Government by violent means, at a time when he was leading the fastest growing political party in the country, with a decisive national spread, and considerable support in all the three regions. 

As one of the leaders of the AG who was also a leading actor, deeply involved in the conspiracy with Chief Awolowo and Chief Enahoro, late Mazi S. G. Ikoku, stated in a conference held in Kaduna in 1993, that they were planning the overthrow of the government by force. This confession of S.G. Ikoku has been published in a book titled, Inside Nigerian History, edited by Drs. Bala Usman and George Kwannashie and was published by the Presidential Panel on the History of Nigeria Since Independence, Ibadan, under the chairmanship of Professor Tekena Tamuno. This is how on Monday 7th June 1993, S. G. Ikoku responded to a question on the civilian coup attempt led by Chief Awolowo in 1962 in which he too was actively involved:

“All I can tell you in all honesty is that we were fed up with the way the Nigerian system, the Nigerian state and the Nigerian government were operating, we were deeply committed to a change of government and we saw that waiting for elections would not produce any solution to the problem… 

This is what we did. We started preparations for it and the preparations had gone very far and I believe we would have pulled it off. But unfortunately for us, our leader [Chief Awolowo] was so kind to the Nigeria Police that he had a police informant among his planners and so the police knew every move we were making. And so it was easy to trip us up. Well, after the act, people have been saying, there was no coup because we went to court, there was no plan to overthrow the government. Naturally, if you catch me over a coup plot and take me to court, I have to enter a plea of not guilty, I did not do it. This is normal. But then the whole thing has blown over. We served our term. We have been granted pardon, we have been rehabilitated, our leader even became the number two citizen in the country. I felt it was time to tell the country the truth, so that our history would be correct. So, all I am saying is that, yes, there was an attempt to overthrow the government. Yes, I took part in the attempt. Yes, it failed. ” (Inside Nigerian History, pp. 43-44)

No one, including Chief Anthony Enahoro, has come out to deny this confession by S. G. Ikoku."
Copied#

The Uneme-Nekhua clan in partnership with their Edo group have severally and disgracefully frustrated the aspirations of the better South to satisfy their slave masters.

Find the narrations of how Enahoro, Akenzua, Philip Asiodu, Edwin Clarke, Enahoro and Saro-Wiwa in conjunction with the Yoruba elites colluded with their Northern masters to shortchange the lots of the better South.

Enahoro it was who went round the globe, promoting the starvation policy against Biafrans and Easterners as a legitimate weapon of war. Alison Ayida was also a collaborator.

Chief Anthony Enahoro said during an interview in July 1968 in New York : "...it (mass starvation) is a legitimate aspect of war..."

Alison Ayida said in July 1968 in Niamey Peace Talks:
"Starvation is a legitimate weapon of war, and we have every intention of using it against the rebels..."

http://scannewsnigeria.com/opinion/chinua-achebes-book-quotations-on-biafrannigerian-war-facts-for-interpretation/

"when Gowon took over government there was a constitutional conference, people from the Northern, Eastern and Western regions came together to say which way Nigeria should go. Because, at that time, the country was in turbulence and anything could have happened.
"So, we went, some people were saying Nigeria should break up. All the regions supported the idea (of Nigeria breakup), except Midwest (now Edo and Delta states), which said no, the federation should remain and continue. We went as Northern delegation, led by Sir. Kashim Ibrahim, Governor under the Sardauna to Lagos to discuss the matter."
- Alhaji Umaru Dikko,
SECOND Republic Minister of Transport and Special Duties

"If you listen to the Aburi accord or the proceedings as a whole, you will duff your cap for Ojukwu whether he is a villain or whatever you want to call him, call him. He really dictated the pace of the discussion, he was prepared for it, he kind of put together all the things and if you listen, the moment he started talking, others kept quiet and when he finished, they will say ok ok ok. To give you a full grasp of what the theme was, you need to read the comment of the super perm sec (Akenzua) who led us to (the mess) where we are today.

"...I was an assistant publicity secretary of the party, so I know all the happenings – the action of Tony Enahoro, the boycott by northern members of house reps, the riot that followed the plan to turn Nigeria to confederation, and those who protested.”
- Alhaji Tanko Yakassai
Chairman of the Northern Elders Council, NEC

HOW OBA AKENZUA FRUSTRATED IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ABURI ACCORD
https://www.nairaland.com/3143222/biafra-memo-oba-akenzua-frustrated-implementation-of-aburi-accord-january-1967
http://www.punchng.com/biafra-memo-akenzua-aburi/

Prince Akenzua (now the late Oba of Benin) along with top permanent secretaries including Alhaji Yusuf Gobir, Phillip Asiodu, Eme Ebong, B.N. Okagbue and Allison Ayida deconstructed in Lagos, all that was agreed in Aburi.

On arrival in Lagos, Prince Akenzua discussed with Gowon and raised objections to what was agreed in Aburi. Gowon asked him to raise a memo which he did. I am sure a copy of the memo is with Gowon today while a copy is in the archives in the Presidency. Civil servants are to be seen and not to be heard and that is why Akenzua never released a copy of the memo to the world.

The memo dated January 8, 1967 began with: “Your Excellency, in view of my discussion with you last night, I am raising this memo in the interest our fatherland, Nigeria”. Akenzua traced the long hard road that Nigeria had travelled and stressed on the need to keep a United Nigeria.

He (Akenzua) said in the memo that Gowon had given too much away in Aburi and that it would lead to the destruction of the country. He further added that Gowon had “legalised” total regionalism which “will make the centre very weak.” Akenzua alluded in his memo that a weak centre would lead to confederation and total disintegration of the country. It was the memo that prompted Gowon to summon a meeting of the secretaries to the military governments and other officials which was held in Benin City between February 16 and 18, 1967. If you look at the minutes of the Benin meeting presided over by Mr. H. A. Ejueyitchie, Secretary to the Federal Military Government, you will discover that it was a total rejection of what was agreed upon in Aburi. The Benin meeting interpreted in its own way the agreement reached in Aburi.

The decisions at Aburi amounted to, in terms of political and military control of Nigeria, that the country should be governed as a confederation.

Igboid posts:
WHY JANUARY 15, 1966 COUP IS STRONGLY LINKED TO AWOLOWO

1. The coup planners already said that they intended to enthrone, Awo, a convicted criminal found guilty of financial crimes and treason in a civilian law court and sentenced to prison.

2. The coup ended up eliminating Awo's staunch enemies, ie Akintola and Balewa, the two main people he and his fans accused of masterminding his incarceration.

3. With Akintola alive, Awo would have ended up the way of Abiola, he would have died in prison, as Akintola would have naturally sought to consolidate power, and would ultimately know that that will depend on permanently eliminating Awo from the picture.

4. Awo had previously been found guilty of masterminding a civilian hostile take over and toppling of Balewa's government, this and  his later failed attempt at toppling IBB government, are great pointers to the ruthlessness of Awo and the extent he could go to acquire power, it also lends credence to the fact that Awo was well capable of masterminding a coup.

REASONS WHY NZEOGU 1966 COUP WAS NOT TO IGBO ADVANTAGE - Just To Puncture Foreseable Lies From Deadlytrash

1. Igbo controlled two of the four regions of Nigeria before Nzeogwu coup. Osadebey and Okpara were the premiers of the Midwestern and Eastern regions respectively.

2. The regions enjoyed enormous powers, so much that Akintola's New coalition with the North would matter less, seeing as the two Igbo controlled regions just newly discovered oil wealth, and with the 50:50 revenue sharing formula between the region and the FG then, control of the East and Midwest was more lucrative than control of the FG.

3. How exactly did Ironsi centralization ish favour Ndiigbo, when it now meant that we had to share the newly discovered crude oil wealth of the Midwest and East with the North and the West, haven't we been accused of wanting Biafra just to corner the crude oil wealth of ND, how exactly would centralization of the government, help Ndiigbo to corner the crude oil, don't you think that regionalism was a better way to go, if the theory of Igbo greed for crude oil must hold?

4. The crude wealth of the Midwest and East would have put Ndiigbo millions of miles away from the North and the West, once we allowed the minorities to have an upper hand in the wealth.

Nzeogu coup was totally anti Igbo.

It eliminated Akintola, Awo's nemesis. With Akintola alive, Yorubas would remain divided between Awo and Akintola, making their exploitation easier. Akintola death freed Awo, United Yorubas who then worked against Ndiigbo as a United front.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr39r: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2016
@Devil's Incarnate

AGUIYI IRONSI AND KADUNA NZEOGWU

Aguiyi Ironsi was betrayed by his chief security, T.Y Danjuma to be killed by his Northern coupists led by Murtala Mohammed.

He was on a countrywide tour to calm the nerves of citizens before he was murdered in Ibadan. 

FYI, Aguiyi Ironsi is the bravest officer ever on record in the Nigerian Army. He once walked into to enemy territory in the Congo unarmed except for his swagger stick and walked out with their surrender. The British officers called him "General Ironsides".

History has it that Ironsi never supported the January 15, 1966 coup. He frustrated the success of the coup in Lagos while Ojukwu hidered its success in the East.

Kaduna Nzeogwu Chukuma only succeeded in Kaduna and if not Ironsi and Ojukwu the coup would have been successful. Maybe they hindered it due to ego considereing that the coup was led by junior officers. The success of that coup would have made Nigeria a better place because the motive was to eliminate corrupt officers and politicians.

Nzeogwu was a very patriotic Nigerian, even during the civil war, he didn't support Biafr* and Ojukwu saw him as a sabotouer. In death Nzeogwu was given a national burial by Gowon government.

"Gowon ordered that Nzeogwu's body should be flown to Kaduna and buried with full military honours – even as the war raged on in the Eastern Region. Even in death, Nzeogwu was still respected by federal and northern troops. Domkat Bali referred to him as: “a nice, charismatic and disciplined officer, highly admired and respected by his colleagues. At least he was not in the habit of being found in the company of women all the time messing about with them in the officers mess, a pastime of many young officers then….we believed that he was a genuinely patriotic officer who organised the 1966 coup with the best of intentions who was let down by his collaborators….If we had captured him alive, he would not have been killed. I believe he probably would have been tried for his role in the January 15 coup, jailed and probably freed after some time. His death was regrettable.""

Copied and modified#

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai - https://www.nairaland.com/2867045/battle-between-awolowo-akintola-led

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0F_5ma4lM

PRINCE AKENZUA

The Omo N’oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa (CFR), the 38th Oba of Benin, who was born on June 22, 1923 and ascended the throne on March 23, 1979.

The Oba of Benin is the traditional ruler of the Edo people and head of the historic Eweka dynasty of the Benin Empire.

Before becoming an Oba, as Prince Samuel Aiseokhuoba Igbinoghodua Akenzua, he was an outstanding civil servant. He, in fact, rose to become the Federal Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health before he retired in 1973.

Along with others, he attended the Aburi meeting held at the Peduase Lodge where the conflict of Nigeria was discussed between January 4 and January 5, 1967. Aburi is a town in Ghana and a 45-minute drive from Accra, the capital of Ghana.

ATTENDEES OF ABURI ACCORD MEETING IN GHANA - January 4 & 5, 1967
Those who attended the meeting were Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon, Col. Robert Adebayo, Lt. Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Lt. Col. David Ejoor, Lt. Col. David Hassan Katsina, Commodore J.E.A. Wey, Major Mobolaji Johnson, Alhaji Kam Selem and Mr. J. Omo-Bare. Others were Prince S.I.A. Akenzua (Permanent Under-Secretary, Federal Cabinet Office.), Mr. P.T. Odumosu (Secretary to the Military Government, West.), Mr. N.U. Akpan (Secretary to the Military Government, East.), Mr. D.P. Lawani (Under-Secretary, Military Governor’s Office, Mid-West) and Alhaji Ali Akilu (Secretary to the Military Government, North.) The Chairman of the Ghana National Liberation Council, Lt. Gen. J.A. Ankrah, declared the meeting open in his capacity as then the head of state of Ghana.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by jpphilips(m): 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
zuchyblink:
GREETINGS AGAIN FOR YOUR PAINSTAKING
EFFORT TO LAY DOWN YOUR ANGER AND
PROBLEMS IKWERRE PEOPLE HAVE WITH
BOTH THE IJAWS AND IGBOS. IT IS VERY GOOD
YOU ARE LAYING OUT THESE ANGER AND
CHARGES WHICH A LOT OF US DO NOT KNOW
EXIST, BECAUSE EVERY GROUP HAVE THEIR
OWN GREVIENCIES AND NO BODY IS
LISTENING OR TALKING ABOUT IT AS
FRANKLY AS WE ARE TRYING TO DO HERE
WITH RESPECT LATELY.
I WANT TO POINT OUT HERE CERTAIN
MISINFORMATION SOME IKWERRE PEOPLE
HAVE ABOUT IGBOS HERE.
22 WRONG MICONCEPTION AND WRONG
INFORMATION SOME IKWERRE PEOPLE HAVE
ABOUT IGBOS AND YOU ARE FREE TO AGREE
WITH ME ON THESE 22 FACTS OR DISAGREE AS
IT RELATES TO HOW IKWERRE IGBO
RELATIONSHIP HAS DEGENERATED WITH TOO
MUCH WRONG INFORMATION AND
MISCONCEPTION ABOUT IGBOS.
(1) IGBO ARE NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING
OVER IKWERRE LAND AND FOR YOUR
INFORMATION IGBO LAND IS RICHER THAN
IKWERRE LAND IN QUANTITY, QUALITY AND
AVAILABILITY OF FERTILE LAND FOR
AGRICULTURE, OIL DEPOSIT AND ANY SOLID
MINERAL AND COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND
FOR THESE REASONS IGBO DO NOT WANT TO
TAKE IKWERRE LAND FROM YOU.
ESPECIALLY IF IKWERRE IS DEVELOPED TO ITS
FULL POTENCIAL AND IGBO IS DEVELOPED TO
ITS FULL POTENTIAL WITHOUT THE CORRUPT
LEADERSHIP THAT DRAGES EVERYBODY DOWN
IN NIGERIA AND IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
AFTER IJAW NATION IGBOS HAVE THE SECOND
LARGEST OIL AND GAS DEPOSIT,
EXPLORATION, SUPPLY AND EXTRACTION
RIGHT NOW IN NIGERIA.
IGBOS HAVE NEVER TALKED ABOUT THEIR OIL
AND GAS POTENTIAL LIKE YOU GUYS DO.
IGBOS HAVE MORE THAN 30 LOCAL
GOVERNMENT AREAS IN IMO STATE, ABIA
STATE, ANABRA STATE THAT HAVE HUGE OIL
AND GAS DEPOSIT NOT TO TALK OF IGBOS IN
DELTA, AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVER STATE,
BUT IKWERRE HAS ONLY FOUR LOCAL
GOVERNEMT AREAS AND IT SEEMS THAT
IKWERRE PEOPLE FORGET THAT IGBOS HAVE
MORE OIL AND GAS 100 TIMES OVER THAN
WHAT IKWERRE HAS BUT YOU GUYS DONT
EVEN THINK LIKE THAT AND ALL I HEAR IS
HOW IGBOS WANT TO TAKE OVER IKWERRE
LAND BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS - WHAT A
BALLONY.
(2) NOW, THE IS ANOTHER MISCONCEPTION
AMONG THE IKWERRE PEOPLE I HAVE MET,
THAT SOMETIMES I DO NOT UNDERSTAND
MAYBE BECAUSE THE IKWERRE PEOPLE HAVE
NOT REALLY GONE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT
THEIR NEIGHBOURS IGBOS AND IJAWS OR AT
LEAST LEARN OR GO TO IGBOLAND AND IJAW
LAND TO DISPROVE SOME MISCONCEPTION
ABOUT IGBOS AND IJAWS. JUST LIKE A LOT OF
IGBOS LIKE MYSELF AND MANY MORE HAVE
TRAVELLED TO IKWERRE LAND AND GIVE EAR
TO THEIR STORY AND LISTEN TO THEM AND
JUST LIKE I TRAVEL AND LISTEN TO OTHER
TRIBES AND GROUPS IN NIGERIA TO LEARN
AD UNDERSTAND THEM AND KNOW ABOUT
THEIR POTENTIAL. ALSO THEY ARE IGBOS AND
IJAWS TOO WHO HAVE NOT TRIED ENOUGH TO
HEAR THE STORIES AND PAIN OF OUR SMALL
NEIGHBOURS AND THAT IS WRONG TOO. BUT
A LOF OF IKWERRE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO
UNDERSTAND WERE THY IGBOS ARE COMING
FROM.
(3) YOU WROTE- OKACHIKWU DIBIA QUOTE "
What our sworn enemies should do is not
to be jealous about our economic location,
rather they should accept us for what we
say we are and work with us as friendly
equals. Afterall Igbos who survived slavery
and Arochukwu cleansing and decided to
remain in Ikwerre are there in Ikwerreland
and doing well. We rescued them and have
taken care of them. Those few Ikwerre
people that supported Igbo in suppressing
and victimising Ikwerre are just a few
Judases in Ikwerre. We know them very
well. Ikwerre will forever remain Ikwerre
until we get superior historical, sociological
and economic evidences to show
otherwise." UNQUOTE OKACHIKWU DIBIA

Another bloody drop out warming up to be schooled, I will pass

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
@Mr. 666, you have not answered a single one of the posers I raised for you, but you again slided into your usuall illogical repetitions which have been repeatedly punctured. Why can't you simply tell us why Igbos started the whole show that led to every other thing? The issue remains that Igbos started the whole problem by first trying to annex Yoruba land through Zik's inordinate ambition of becoming Western Region's premier when he had his own region also carved out for him to rule. This was followed by Zik's decision of allowing himself to be used by Balewa to distabilize the same Western Region through the Igbo members of the Western Region's assembly. It was in reaction to the Zik-assisted Balewa attempt to distabilize the West that made Awolowo resort to self-help in the form of a planned bloodless civilian coup. Had Zik (an Igbo) and Balewa allowed the Western Assembly to sort themselves out Awolowo would never have contemplated a coup. No one watches with folded arms when being oppressed. Even Zik himself, in what could pass for a coup, later openly tried to bypass the constitution by his attempt to instruct the army to stall Balewa's second inauguration when Balewa and Akintola began to distabilize and oppress Zik's Eastern Region too. Had Zik left the Western Region to manage their internal affairs by themselves Akintola would have been removed as premier with Adegbenro replacing him, and that would have restored peace and tranquility to the Western Region, and the subsequent fraudulent censuses, fraudulent elections, etc would have been avoided thus Nzeogwu's coup too avoided, Ironsi's rise to power and his dismantling of federalism avoided thus Aburi issue would not have later come up, the Hausa counter-coup too avoided, the Biafra war avoided, and Nigeria would have known peace and progress. Zik started the action which led to the long chain of events that still haunt Nigeria till today. In any sad story you blame the starter and not those in the middle of the chain when it had become dog eat dog. The problem with you is that you keep posting and posting falsehood about how others ill-treated Igbos without acknowledging the truth that Igbos actually started the whole show by being the first to intrude into other tribes' internal affairs in a federalism. Igbos stirred the hornets nests in several ways. But when the natural reactions and reprisals began to boomerang they started crying victimization. Why start a fight you cannot even fight let alone finish? You threw the first blow and in response your opponent battered your face with 100 blows and you start complaining he was to brutal on you. Then why did you throw the first blow?
Ironsi's dismantling of federalism and the regions was not only about the oil of the Midwest and Eastern minorities domain. It was about Igbos gaining control of every resource of all other regions in addition to oil. His calculation was that under a unitary Nigeria Igbos would always be in charge of affairs at the centre and therefore be able to dictate how the proceeds of the Southern minorities' oil, Yorubas' cocoa, Northerners' groundnuts, etc are shared.
If he wasn't after other regions resources, then why dismantle a system which guaranteed resource control? No matter how you try to wash Ironsi clean of the dismantling of federalism he will never really be clean. He has that stain on him permanently.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr93r: 11:47am On Jul 31, 2016
[size=14pt]"In one Nigeria we all remain. We will never allow you go..."[/size]
- The Notorious Deadlytrash of NL, wailing in perpetuity at the unavoidable, impending doom and gloom at his doorstep.

Deadlytrash a.k.a the Devil's Incarnate, no matter how much and long you rant senselessly and without manners on NL the portion of you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua clan remains with your Fulani masters in OduaArewanistan republic.

Lying propagandist, you were most likely not properly brought up in a stable home. You have lost your senses in ab0ki ass-licking job to the extent that you can't seem to feel you have a head.

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with deluded and lying hypocrites in Uneme-Nekhua enclave who are confused about what they stand for.

Igbos have nothing in common with you verm1ns and vagabonds who have helped to destroy this entity and brought it into ruins by your perpetual ass-licking stance.

Your attempts at blackmailing the Igbos to continue to subsidise your vassalage, parasitism and obliviousness cannot work.

Face OduaArewanistan republic where you're needed as loyal, slavish subjects and leave Igbos out of your frustrations.

You've tried in vain to rewrite history by insinuating that Aguiyi Ironsi and the generality of Nigerians, including the Christian community, assembled to produce the fraudulent 1999 constitution replete with 73 mentions of Sharia, Islam - 28 mentions, Muslim - 10 and no single mention of anything Christ, Christian or church. You remain a hopeless dimwit who still thinks every other Nigerian is as deluded and ill-educated a savage as you are.

Your useless theses and theories of absurdity have failed to explain the reasons you treacherous backst*bbers cannot boast of any meaningful contributions to the progress of this country.

It's well known that following Nigeria Independence the Northern oligarchy instigated crisis in the then Western Nigeria. The crisis was a political battle between two Yoruba leaders - Awolowo and Akintola backed by Balewa and his Northern brothers.

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai - https://www.nairaland.com/2867045/battle-between-awolowo-akintola-led

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0F_5ma4lM

The ugly situation snowballed into the carnage - 'Operation Wetie' with great arson, maiming and wanton destruction of lives and properties. And the result was the treason charges, trial and imprisonment of Awolowo. It was Justice Sowemimo, a Yoruba judge who was used by the Hausa-Fulanis to sentence Awolowo to jail. Sowemimo is no Igbo as you would want your readership to believe.

Awolowo was so greedy man that he wanted to be Nigeria President at all cost including reneging on his words to Ojukwu.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, a Fulani, where he revealed some truths about your people: "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 

[size=13pt]The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country.[/size] In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention...

Devil's incarnate, it was Ojukwu who proposed confederacy in the Aburi Accord of January 4 and January 5, 1967. And it was agreed to and signed by the parties involved including the greedy, wicked and diabolic Edos who later frustrated its implementation till date to satisfy their Northern masters.

OJUKWU IS A HERO - Femi Adesina, Friday March 02, 2012
I tell you, Ojukwu was a prophet, and like most prophets, he had no honour in his own country. Pity. But whether we like it or not, there’s no way we won’t return to Aburi. Willy-nilly. I only hope it will be sooner than later, before Nigeria goes to grief. On Aburi I stand.

Federal Government was perfidious and duplicitous on Aburi. It is still the same way today. That is why as Nigerians, we are most times disillusioned, dismayed, dispirited, dejected and depressed...
...a true hero. An icon, an avatar, deserves no less. This generation will surely not see another like Ojukwu. He fought not only for his own people, but for a true federation founded on justice, fair play, equity and rectitude... Adieu the Ikemba, the Eze Igbo Gburugburu. May your soul rest in peace...

Read the tribute dedicated to Ojukwu by a Yoruba man, Femi Fani-Kayode:

https://www.nairaland.com/889867/ojukwu-wished-born-igbo-femi-fani-kayode
He (Ojukwu) stood firm when others ran, compromised and did back room deals with their oppressors. He was a great and a proud warrior.

"Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was not an ordinary person or one of the run of the mill leaders that we often eulogise after death in Nigeria. He was much more than that. I had read and heard so much about him throughout my youth and in various history books including the bestseller written by Fredrick Forsythe, his old English public school friend and biographer, titled ”Emeka” and another book titled ”The Dogs of War” which was later converted into a Hollywood blockbuster.

Yet it was only in the late eighties and early nineties that I got to know this man intimately. It was at that time that I approached him to do us the honour of being an Honorary member of the old September Club, which was the the leading ”newbreed” political club and association of that day. Anyone that was anything in those days was a member of that great club and the day that Ojukwu came to address us and have a long discussion with us was indeed a remarkable day. It was a day of revelation and truth and a real eye-opener. [b]We were all thrilled at his eloquence, his passion, his memory for detail and his determination to fight his corner and maintain his cause. I fell in love with him on that day as tears silently came to my eyes when he narrated the plight of the igbo in 1966,1967 and throughout the civil war. I will never forget that day. He inspired us all as he spoke and waived his big white horn (a symbol of his position and authority amongst the Igbo) which he held with such tenacity.

Yet it was in the privacy of his Villaska Lodge family home in Lagos, which was located on the then Queens Drive, Ikoyi, where he had kindly invited me for tea, that I became utterly enthralled with him. It was almost an obsession. I remember telling him that day that my only ambition in life after leaving Harrow (the famous British public school that I had had the privilage of attending) and Cambridge University was to join the army just as he had done after he left Epsom College and Oxford but that my father simply refused to allow it. I wondered how he had managed to pull it off given the fact that we came from similar backgrounds. He told me that unlike the Yoruba the Igbo were republican in nature and very independent-minded and that an Igbo father could not easily dictate to a son what his career should or should not be. For a brief moment I was overwhelmed and I wished that I had been born an Igbo. How different things would have been...

I have only the following to say. You stood firm and fought hard for your people when it mattered the most. Nothing else counts. A product of Epsom College, Oxford University and the illustrious and wealthy Ojukwu family from eastern Nigeria. The father of Biafra. A man of strength, vision and courage. What an extraordinary and noble heritage.[/b] We knew your father and your father’s father. They also made their mark. They were also great and powerful men. Yet you were the star that eclipsed all stars in the Nigerian firmament. Unlike many of those who have hail you only in death, you were man enough to stand up and say ”no more” and ”never again” when your people were faced with genocide and mass murder. During the civil war the Biafrans fought like great men and lions simply because they were led by a great man and a great lion. We shall continue the fight for liberation where you stopped. The battle has passed to the next generation."
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2016
The simple truth remains thus:
As far back as 1952 Nigeria started being organized as a federal society with the federating units clearly created and distinguishable from one another so as to give everyone a sense of belonging and entrench equity and regional self-dependence. Three and later for regions were created and Igbos had one full federating region to themselves to govern. The constitution guiding that federalism was drafted in 1957 by Nigerians from all the constituencies back then.....making it a 'we the people constitution'.
By its nature such a constitution did not allow intrusion into one another's affairs as it made sure that no region had access to another region's lands and resources, thus foreclosing the chances of anyone reaping where he did not sow.
But due Igbos' nature of greed and covetousness after other people's lands and resources they felt insulted and constrained by such a constitution. They were not happy at all with that arrangement, thus they began to plot how to still pursue after other people's lands and resources within that arrangement. Their first onslaught was an attempt to grab the Western Region by trying to make an Igbo man the first premier there so that they could annex the land and then proceed to also annex the North. To achieve this they invented the very deceptive and dishonest catchphrase of "One-Nigeria" claiming they wanted a Nigeria where any citizen could live freely and nurse ambitions in any part of the country. However, the other regions saw through their trick which was actually to hoodwink others into falling prey for their expansionist drive. The other tribes successfully repelled them back to their region using democratic provisions of the constitution. However, this did not go down well with Igbos for they had come to realize that as long as that federal constitution remained in force their expansionist drive would forever be curtailed. But they would not just give up. So they resorted to plotting ways of destroying that federal constitution which they realized was the barrier to that expansionist drive of theirs. They went about it by first citing corruption, misrule and tribalism in governance for which they put the blame on that federal constitution. They then organized a coup by which they killed politicians from all other regions while allowing those from their own region to escape even though those politicians from their own region were the arrowheads of the said corruption, misrule and tribalism in that government. They also purported that a key Western Region figure was to benefit ultimately from the coup. This they did to hoodwink the unsuspecting and highly principled non-Igbo or non-core Igbo army officers into the plot.
Their next step was to contrive another scenario whereby the originally intended beneficiary "foiled" the coup so as to blur the Igbo colour of it. This ultimate beneficiary finally seized power as actually programmed from the beginning, and on getting to power it did not take him much time to betray the primary intention of the coup which was to dismantle the federalism and constitution that had been the stumbling block to their expansionist drive. The fact that he attached more priority and urgency to the alteration and mutilation of the federal constitution than to the arrest and prosecution of the coupists says it all.
However, as one of the ironies and mystries of life, the mutilated and corrupted constitution soon began to work against Igbos who had invested so much to bring about its mutilation. The corrupted constitution began to boomerang on those who corrupted it. Then their next step was to start seeking a return to status quo ante. That was when Aburi Accord demands came into the mix. But the other tribes had resolved that Igbos be taught a bitter lesson for their greed and covetousness with which they dismantled the federal constitution they were now seeking a return to through the Aburi Accord.
It was in th heat of learning this bitter lesson that they declared war on Nigeria and were taught the lesson so bitterly that till today their greed and lust after other people's lands and resources have been measurably tamed and brought under control as they themselves as of today are asking for federalism and ironically hate with a passion whoever recites the "One-Nigeria" slogan invented by them.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr93r: 9:14am On Aug 03, 2016
"...we have millions of millions of Igbos residing with us in our homes, in our towns, in our states, very peacefully, very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow..."
- The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar 111, Nov 23, 2015  https://www.nairaland.com/2757943/nigeriannewspapers-biafra-im-worried-says#40343297
https://nigerianewspapers.com.ng/biafra-im-worried-says-sultan.html

- Deadlytrash

See frustrations from a confused Uneme-Nekhua minion!

Your attempts at distorting history cannot prevent you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people from spending the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters in OduaArewanistan republic.

You're indeed doing superbly in ass-licking your Ab0ki masters to bargain a favourable slavery condition for your deluded generation of backst*bbers.

Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from greedy Uneme-Nekhua people and their cohorts. Igbos cannot continue to subsidise your vassalage, parasitism and obliviousness.

It a well known fact that Igbo Nation cannot be part of the criminal gang who wrote the 1999 constitution, that began with "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...",

Knowing that the die is cast and that Igbos are more than ever before determined to leave you behind in this contraption you lots have resorted to lies and evil campaigns of calumny against the Igbo Nation.

I honestly feel your eternal pains as you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people prepare to spend the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

For the umpteenth time, Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with deluded and lying hypocrites in Uneme-Nekhua enclave who are confused about what they stand for.

During the pre-colonial era the Bini empire maintained by the Edos and Edoids was notorious for grabbing people and lands. They engaged in various barbaric acts including bewitching and bloodsucking to maintain their evil and occultic Kingdom.
The advent of the British neutralised the brutal reign of the Edo group. Right now they are no force to reckon with and are just too insignificant in the larger scheme of things, to exert any influence on neighbouring tribes.
But their wickedness still propelled them to frustrate the lots of the better South through their endless treachery and ass-licking. In the 1967-70 civil war they connived with their slave masters and went from house to house fishing out Aniomas for executions. Till date they are still bloodthirsty.

Edos and Edoid groups still exert their pre-colonial subjugation and wickedness as being seen in the plight of the Igbanke people.

Read "THE ILL-TREATMENT THE EDOS METE OUT TO THE IGBANKES".

Immediately after the civil war of 1967-70, the Edo group in collusion with their Yoruba and Northern masters robbed Igbos of their hard earned money in banks and building societies. This criminal gang empowered themselves with the stolen funds and proceeded to promulgate the Indigenization decree in 1972. They acquired the companies of the colonial masters and later looted and destroyed the companies leading to the ruin and collapse of the Nigerian economy being witnessed today.

As if the evils beings committed by this criminal gang isn't enough Olusegun Obasanjo promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978. The criminals were emboldened the more to plunder the crude oil resources in East and Nigerdelta and owning virtually all the oil blocks.
The North and their Southern stooges have been sucking Niger-delta crude oil to better their own region, religion and elites while degrading the environment and impoverishing the Niger-deltans!

Abacha, Obj, IBB, MKO Abiola, Danjuma, Abdulsalam, Tinubu, etc. that wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state are not Igbos.

HOW NIGERIA'S BREAKUP IN 1966 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS - Umaru Dikko

HOW ABURI ACCORD OF JAN 1967 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS, LEADING TO THE CIVIL WAR - Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole

THE ACTION OF ENAHORO IN SCUTTLING THE CONFEDERATION PLAN - Tanko Yakassai

OJUKWU IS A HERO - Femi Adesina, Friday March 02, 2012

- Femi Adesina, current special adviser on media and publicity to PMB

Read the tribute dedicated to Ojukwu by a Yoruba man, Femi Fani-Kayode:

https://www.nairaland.com/889867/ojukwu-wished-born-igbo-femi-fani-kayode
– He (Ojukwu) stood firm when others ran, compromised and did back room deals with their oppressors. He was a great and a proud warrior.

Help yourself out with this compendium of your criminal brothers who ruined this country:

https://www.nairaland.com/1485096/history-armed-robbers-company-liquidators#18955417

http://thenigeriangazette.com/history-of-armed-robbers-company-liquidators-rapists-and-notoriours-official-criminals-in-nigeria-by-shama-maliga/
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr93r: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2016
Bigmillz post:
The Archbishop Emeritus of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, in this piece, says those who wrote the Constitution appeared to have in mind only a Nigeria awash with petro-dollars.

By restructuring, some expect the reduction of the current 36 states to six geopolitical regions. Some others want the local governments to be reduced or removed altogether. At the same time, many of those who are afraid of restructuring come across as people who do not know what they are afraid of. Certainly, there is a case to be made for shrinking the size of government prescribed in our Constitution.

This Constitution was written by persons who appeared to have in mind only a Nigeria awash with petro-dollars. The number of government offices provided for by the Constitution can only be maintained by a stupendously rich Nigeria. That was the Nigeria of the 1970s, the era when the 1979 Constitution was drafted. And the 1999 Constitution is substantially identical with the 1979 Constitution.

They both reflect the squandermania and prodigality of the period of their birth. The size of government we have is such that government is the largest employer of labour. It is extremely difficult, almost impossible, to prevent political office holders from placing men and women of their ethnic, religious and political affiliation on government payroll, even when they lack requisite intellectual, moral and technical competence.

Now that the price of petrol has taken a plunge, with an insurgency further complicating the problem, it is obvious that Nigeria can no longer sustain this big government Maintaining the kind of government provided for in our current Constitution has simply impeded the average Nigerian from gaining access to the good things with which the Creator has endowed this land and its diverse peoples.

This Constitution has never served and can never serve the citizen. A Constitution whose exclusive legislative list is longer than its concurrent legislative list is anything but federal. But given the size and diversity of Nigeria, running such a constitution is a recipe for economic deprivation, instability and corruption.

The length of the exclusive legislative list has effectively made any sitting President an Emperor, one who sits on Nigeria’s wealth, particularly her oil wealth, to the detriment of the people on whose land the wealth is found. This has made it attractive to be in government or to befriend those in government while millions of our fellow citizens are shut out of the way their country is run. In a genuine democracy, the servant is the government official while the master is the citizen whose participation in the electoral process led to hiring the servant. But the current Constitution has made the servant more powerful than the master who hired him.

The obnoxious philosophy underlying government-citizen relationship perpetuated by the current Constitution is seen in practice in the way government—at federal, state or local level—disables the citizen. The call for restructuring might not have been clearly articulated. But it is a call for far-reaching constitutional reforms in Nigeria. Cosmetic changes will amount to treating the symptoms while neglecting the cause.

In concrete terms, it is a call to reduce the power of government and its officials, a call to return the land and its wealth to the people, a call to make being in government a lot less lucrative than what it has always been. Given the fact that access to political power in Nigeria is access to Nigeria’s wealth, given the enormous privileges of enormous powers,  it is going to be very difficult to convince people in power to have their power reduced. They are afraid of relinquishing power. That is why they are afraid of restructuring.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 10:27am On Aug 03, 2016
The Cardinal Okojie in whose words you now seem to find solace in your half baked quest for restructuring is an Edo person, yet you've been claiming Edo people are against restructuring and that Edo people are in support of the North's quest for a retention of the status quo. What a self contradiction! Why could you not find an Igbo man making all this analyses? Okojie's analyses above is another eye opener to the fact that right from even pre-amalgamation era and till this day there was never a time Edos coveted or lusted after any other tribe's land and resources. Rather Edos have always been at the forefront in the struggle to see that Nigeria is run with a system based on equity, confederacy, resource control, etc that allows freedom of each tribe from being exploited by other tribes. Enahoro, with assistance from Arthur Prest, Igenuma and others, pioneered this struggle by proposing a 19 region confederal structure for which that myopic and big fat fool called Zik termed him a tribalist. Now, Cardinal Okojie, another Edo man, is at the forefront of the same struggle again not minding being a lone voice. Yet one flat head quoting him now will turn around two minutes later to claim that Edos/Deltans frustrated restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr93r: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
This oblong conehead from the criminal Uneme-Nekhua clan will not cease to cause amazement in the public with his senseless vacillations; disgracing his clueless generation of backst*bbers thinking he's making sense.

Your silly rants cannot obliterate the atrocious deeds committed by the deluded Uneme-Nekhua people and their cohorts in shortchanging the lots of the better South. You lots have lived disgracefully frustrating the aspirations of the South to satisfy your slave masters.

Through Prince Akenzua (now the late Oba of Benin) along with top permanent secretaries you greedy bigots frustrated the implementation of the Aburi Accord of January 4 & 5, 1966 which the young Ojukwu painstakingly came up with to solve the same problem bedevilling this fraudulent union some 50 years ago. And in 1967-70 you gladly colluded with your masters to gleefully commit genocide on supposed Anioma brothers. You connived with your masters and went about pointing out the Anioma brothers to be massacred in Bini. Right now, you treacherous backst*bbers cum murderous parasites have been rendered useless and you remain a spent force that cannot be reckoned with.

https://www.nairaland.com/3162788/ekwueme-gana-others-call-immediate-restructuring-of-the-country

https://www.nairaland.com/3192616/nigerias-democracy-danger-senator-dr-abdullahi

https://www.nairaland.com/3211260/afenifere-ohanaeze-disagree-president-says-nigerias-unity-non-negotiable

The Igbo Nation cannot be blackmailed by a nonentity to stay put in this cesspit. Face OduaArewanistan republic where you're needed to continue your perpetual ass-licking job.

Listen to Pastor Bosun Emmanuel's exposition on your Northern masters whom you've spent a greater part of your worthless lives ass-licking for your survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

Moment of Truth - https://www.nairaland.com/3170007/tricked-us-into-fighting-igbos-middlebeltgroup

HOW NIGERIA'S BREAKUP IN 1966 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS - Umaru Dikko

HOW ABURI ACCORD OF JAN 1967 WAS SCUTTLED BY MIDWESTERNERS, LEADING TO THE CIVIL WAR - Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole

THE ACTION OF ENAHORO IN SCUTTLING THE CONFEDERATION PLAN - Tanko Yakassai
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 36xtr93r: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ekwueme, Gana, Ukoh Call For Immediate Restructuring Of The Country

Former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, and former Minister of Information, Professor Jerry Gana, were among eminent Nigerians who yesterday called on President Muhammadu Buhari to embark on immediate restructuring of Nigeria in line with the principles of true federalism.
They made the call at Nike Lake Resort Hotel Enugu during the 17th Annual Convention of the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM), headed by Evangelist Elliot Ukoh.
Others prominent figures who joined in the request for restructuring includes Yoruba leader, Ayo Adebanjo, former Governor of Anambra state, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife; resource control protagonist, Ankio Briggs; and immediate former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi.
They advised President Buhari to begin the immediate implementation of the National Conference report of 2014 as a first step towards restructuring the country.
The leaders who spoke on the theme of the convention, “Still, In Search of True Federalism”, noted that the current protests and demands for separation by various groups in the country, as well as other socio-economic crises could be reduced by half if the national confab report was implemented.
Dr. Ekwueme stated that every disappointment was a blessing, noting that his incarceration in 1984 at Kirikiri prison by the military afforded him the opportunity to reflect deeply on Nigeria’s problems.
According to him, he came out with the idea of six geo-political zonal structures, which he pushed for in a national conference much later and it became a convention, and has taken care of minorities in the South and North.
Ekwueme stated that what Nigeria negotiated for and agreed with colonial masters before independence was a regional government where each state has a constitution, which were annexed to the Republican constitution of 1963.
According to him, the Republican Constitution then provided 50 percent revenue sharing formula for the regions, 30 percent to a distributable pool, and 20 percent to centre.
Advertisement
“There is need for us to return to the basics from what we inherited from our founding fathers,” he said.
On his part, Chief Adebanjo who went down the memory lane to traced the origin of federalism in Nigeria to various pre-and post colonial constitutional conferences, insisted that Nigeria must be restructured to correct the humongous damage done to the nation’s constitution by the military and to put a stop to various acts of uprising in the country today including those of Niger Delta Avengers, MASSOB, and IPOB.
On his part Prof. Jerry Gana noted that the nation’s founding fathers were right by agreeing to a federal structure, which he described as the best governance structure to guarantee peace, equity and justice.
Ankio Briggs who received the award of “Amazon of Truth” by IYM stated that true and fiscal federalism must be truthful and justifiable, adding that she believes in resource control and that as much as she doesn’t believe that Nigeria must break, she believes that if the nation continues on the current path, then disintegration would be inevitable.
Former governor Peter Obi of Anambra stressed that he supports restructuring the country on the basis of fiscal federalism, but while that was being addressed, there was need to urgently address the high cost of governance in the country, insisting that any governor who said he cant pay salary should give way for other persons with better ideas.
Dr. Ezeife who also received award of “Igbo Peoples General” stated that the 2014 national conference report recommended additional 18 states to make FOR 48 state-structure in order to address some inequalities created by the military.
Highlight of the event was the award of “Liberator” to the detained leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu, by the IYM, even as the national leader of IYM, Evang Ukoh expressed the conviction of his group that if Nigeria is restructured it would 
take care of the various agitations for break away by various separatist groups.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/136454/ekwueme-gana-‎call-restructuring-country
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Malawian(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
meccuno:
the beauty about e-wars is that certain people bring out information that are needed for those who want to understand more. The person who posted this might not understand, but he has done me personally a lot of service. This is what I have always been searching for. And for those igbos who make it a point of duty to bring out these information,may you never be weary. Because you never might know the igbos who would retrace their steps and realise who they really are.
I've always thought this Igbo denial was willful, now you are telling me that some of you are actually innocently ignorant? i really need to start fearing Nigeria o.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by oyatz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
This arrant display of a dangerous blend of ignorance and arrogance.
As a neutral observer in this debate, the ways some Igbo irredentists become seriously embittered whenever Ikwerres say they are not Igbo never cease to amaze me

1) All over the world ,they examples of closely related languages with similarities in pronunciations and spelling of words but this does not mean one language is a corrupted form of another .

For example: Hopital (French)= hospital ( English)

Wilhelm (German)= William (English)
Oma (Itsekiris)= Oma (Igala)= Omo (Yoruba)
Orisha (Yoruba)= Oritshe (Itsekiri)

2) similarities of Ikwerre and Igbo languages/culture mean the two groups are related, it does NOT say one descend from another and who said the relationship can only mean Ikwerre descended from Igbo and not Igbo descended from Ikwerre?

3) You don't have copyright on any language or names, the person bearing any name owns that name.
If a Bini/Edo man is bearing Tayo, it is a Bini name, but if the bearer is Yoruba its a Yoruba name!
The are thousands of peoples bearing names like Ayo ,Lola, Akin/Aken, Taiwo &Kehinde, Segun, Kola etc that are ethnic Yoruba, Edo, Itsekiri etc.

4) Every body can see that Ikwerres are related to Igbo but are also related to Ijaws, so if they they say, they aren't Igbo, let's respect their choice.
It doesn't mean they have become enemies of Igbo's because of that, neither does this call for insulting or causing them.

Igboid:

My anger is that you dropped your Bini language, culture, and names, and took up our beautiful Igbo language and culture and names, corrupted and disfigured them to produce the abomination and impurity you now call Ikwerre language, culture and names.

My anger is that you are language, culture and name thieves. My anger is that you are a shameless people that will claim Igbo using our Language names and culture you stole as a basis, when it is convenient and deny the same when it's not convenient.

My anger is that all Ndiigbo had ever showed you Bini vagabonds the moment you arrived to our area from the Bini empire where yoh were probably casted away was love, yet all over the internet and in PH, all you people have for us is hatred and silly baseless accusations of things that we never did.

My anger with you Bini people are too numerous to outline.
The shameless nature of your people disgusts me.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by chimeee: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
lyricalpontiff:
I am Ikwerre and this is the daftest article I have read all year long. Obio/Akpo LGA is richer and bigger than Ebonyi state. Ikwerres have similarities in names and language but our culture is different from that of the Igbos even our traditions and identity. We have different history, we mixed up with the igbos due to trade. Our real identity is "iwuruoha". It's the white man that caused most of this things.
They made aba the capital of our region make most headquarters of business and corporation reside there and made an igbo man mayor of Portharcourt. That's why almost all the streets in Diobu are igbo names. I have personally discussed with Sir Elechi Amadi and he told me a lot including why we supported Nigeria. I'm from Ogbakiri and we have no trace of origin from igbos. We can bear the same names or even speak the same language but we have our different traditions and identity.
Please don't kill yourself over this, Ikwerres will never want to associate themselves with igbos, we have this superior feeling that we better than the igbos, hence the laziness in our people. Bye
even in the south east each state differ from one another in terms of customes and tradition, even in the a state in south east, each community differ from one another in terms of custom and tradition, even in language, their are some village in the south east that I don't understand their language even though I know igbo language very well, but after everything, their some custom and tradition igbo race have in common like, omugwo, etc, but they never even though the languages and some of the custom and tradition deffers, these communities never denied being igbo, even though the languages is not the same.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Gambit23: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
walemoney007:
How many barrel of oil is been produce in imo and abia? @op

U weren't using ur sense wen u asked this question.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Gambit23: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
lyricalpontiff:
I am Ikwerre and this is the daftest article I have read all year long. Obio/Akpo LGA is richer and bigger than Ebonyi state. Ikwerres have similarities in names and language but our culture is different from that of the Igbos even our traditions and identity. We have different history, we mixed up with the igbos due to trade. Our real identity is "iwuruoha". It's the white man that caused most of this things.
They made aba the capital of our region make most headquarters of business and corporation reside there and made an igbo man mayor of Portharcourt. That's why almost all the streets in Diobu are igbo names. I have personally discussed with Sir Elechi Amadi and he told me a lot including why we supported Nigeria. I'm from Ogbakiri and we have no trace of origin from igbos. We can bear the same names or even speak the same language but we have our different traditions and identity.
Please don't kill yourself over this, Ikwerres will never want to associate themselves with igbos, we have this superior feeling that we better than the igbos, hence the laziness in our people. Bye

Ebonyi landmass is 5000km² and rivers state landmass as a whole is 10,000km², How can tiny Ikwerre land be larger than Ebonyi?
"
Our real identity is "iwuruoha''

Iwuruoha is an IGBO word.

"We can bear the same names or even speak the same language but we have our different traditions and identity. ""

grin grin

There is no difference in Ikwerre and IGBO culture...D fact is that u dont even know anything about IGBO culture so u have no grounds to discuss similarities or differences between both cultures.

"We have different history, we mixed up with the igbos due to trade."

This is high grade foolishness, How can trade with IGBOs change d name of everyone in Ikwerre to igbo name, change ur langauge to IGBO language, change the names of ur villages to IGBO, gosh, ple next time keep this kind of story indoors. IGBOs also had same trade relations with Efiks, Ibibios, Ijaws, Itsekiri, Igala, Idoma, Tiv, Urobo for centuries and yet all these groups I mentioned s have their langauge and local names intact.

Pls help urself

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by walemoney007(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gambit23:

U weren't using ur sense wen u asked this question.
Your parents didn't train you well at all p1g.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Gambit23: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
walemoney007:
Your parents didn't train you well at all p1g.

Like say u like P1g

Anu Ezi
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Uchek(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
"Don't forget that Ifeajuna schooled in UI which was the first University in Nigeria and established by Awolowo"

UI was established by the British -not Awolowo!

Deadlytruth:

I disagree that Yorubas initiated the coup. One thing that was very clear was that both Ifeajuna (the actual arrowhead of the coup) and Nzeogwu had tremendous reverence and respect for Awolowo. Nwobosi (the Ibadan axis commander of the coup) recently granted a press interview in which he declared that among all the leading politicians back then (i.e. Balewa, Bello, Zik, Awolowo, Okpara, Akintola, and Okotie-Eboh) only Awolowo could not be classified as a mediocre hence the original plan of himself, Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu was to kill all those directly and indirectly involved in Awolowo's imprisonment and then free Awolowo and forcefully install him as the prime minister whether he liked it or not. Don't forget that Ifeajuna schooled in UI which was the first University in Nigeria and established by Awolowo. Nzeogwu was a no nonsense and 100% detribalized and ascetic army officer who was disgusted by the governing style of the coalition between Bello, Balewa, Zik, Okotie-Eboh and Akintola, so much that only in Awolowo he saw an excellent alternative. Why those young military men were so convinced of Awolowo remains a puzzle however. So it was clear that it was not really a Yoruba coup but a patriotic coup in conception but tribalized by Ifeajuna at execution stage.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Uchek(m): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2022
True talk!

36xtr09r:

- Deadlytrash

Why won't you ab0ki ass-lickers be grandstanding carelessly and senselessly on NL when in 1967-70 the Uneme-Nekhua people and their Southern cotravellers gladly colluded with their Northern masters to gleefully commit genocide on supposed Anioma brothers?

Whether you like it or not, your senseless repetitions and rantings on NL cannot prevent you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people from spending the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

Till date this diabolic scammer and treacherous Unemes backstabber, has consistently and cowardly shied away from daring to mention the contributions of his inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua elites to the upliftment of this country.

It's rather pathetic that this land-grabbing and people-claiming bigot and his criminal Uneme-Nekhua people are so deluded as to dare challenge and critique the 1999 constitution, that began with "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...",
This deluded ab0ki ass-licker want other people to believe with him that the generality of Nigerians, including the Christian community, assembled to produce the fraudulent 1999 constitution replete with 73 mentions of Sharia, Islam - 28, Muslim - 10 and no single mention of anything Christ, Christian or church.
In all his studies he couldn't lay his hands on the Nigerian constuition to understand that the country he calls his own is an Islamic State.

"when Gowon took over government there was a constitutional conference, people from the Northern, Eastern and Western regions came together to say which way Nigeria should go. Because, at that time, the country was in turbulence and anything could have happened.
"So, we went, some people were saying Nigeria should break up. All the regions supported the idea (of Nigeria breakup), except Midwest (now Edo and Delta states), which said no, the federation should remain and continue. We went as Northern delegation, led by Sir. Kashim Ibrahim, Governor under the Sardauna to Lagos to discuss the matter."
- Alhaji Umaru Dikko,
SECOND Republic Minister of Transport and Special Duties

The Uneme-Nekhua people should grow a ball and challenge the marauding herdsmen who maim and kill their kinsmen for fun for decades.

Let this message sink deep into your medulla oblongata: "Igbos are not interested in parasites, traitors or genocide conspirators. Igbos cannot afford to share a country with verm1ns and vagabonds parading as Uneme-Nekhua people on NL. The Igbo Nation are not willing to self-destruct with the deluded Uneme-Nekhua people".

Deadlytrash, your wicked propaganda and foolish ranting on NL cannot stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement as your eternal portion remains with your Fulani masters.

It has been a curse having your likes in the same country and this curse is broken already and the serpent head is severely bruised and that's why you've been on rampage for some months now attempting in vain to resurrect a walking corpse.

Take your miseries to OduaArewanistan republic where bunch of hypocrites and confused bigots are found. Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from Uneme-Nekhua greedy, treasury looters cum murderous backst*bbers.

https://www.nairaland.com/3143222/biafra-memo-oba-akenzua-frustrated-implementation-of-aburi-accord-january-1967
http://www.punchng.com/biafra-memo-akenzua-aburi/

Prince Akenzua (now the late Oba of Benin) along with top permanent secretaries including Alhaji Yusuf Gobir, Phillip Asiodu, Eme Ebong, B.N. Okagbue and Allison Ayida deconstructed in Lagos, all that was agreed in Aburi.

On arrival in Lagos, Prince Akenzua discussed with Gowon and raised objections to what was agreed in Aburi. Gowon asked him to raise a memo which he did. I am sure a copy of the memo is with Gowon today while a copy is in the archives in the Presidency. Civil servants are to be seen and not to be heard and that is why Akenzua never released a copy of the memo to the world.

The memo dated January 8, 1967 began with: “Your Excellency, in view of my discussion with you last night, I am raising this memo in the interest our fatherland, Nigeria”. Akenzua traced the long hard road that Nigeria had travelled and stressed on the need to keep a United Nigeria.

He (Akenzua) said in the memo that Gowon had given too much away in Aburi and that it would lead to the destruction of the country. He further added that Gowon had “legalised” total regionalism which “will make the centre very weak.” Akenzua alluded in his memo that a weak centre would lead to confederation and total disintegration of the country. It was the memo that prompted Gowon to summon a meeting of the secretaries to the military governments and other officials which was held in Benin City between February 16 and 18, 1967. If you look at the minutes of the Benin meeting presided over by Mr. H. A. Ejueyitchie, Secretary to the Federal Military Government, you will discover that it was a total rejection of what was agreed upon in Aburi. The Benin meeting interpreted in its own way the agreement reached in Aburi.

The decisions at Aburi amounted to, in terms of political and military control of Nigeria, that the country should be governed as a confederation.

N.B:
The Omo N’oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa (CFR), the 38th Oba of Benin, who was born on June 22, 1923 and ascended the throne on March 23, 1979.

The Oba of Benin is the traditional ruler of the Edo people and head of the historic Eweka dynasty of the Benin Empire.

Before becoming an Oba, as Prince Samuel Aiseokhuoba Igbinoghodua Akenzua, he was an outstanding civil servant. He, in fact, rose to become the Federal Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health before he retired in 1973.

Along with others, he attended the Aburi meeting held at the Peduase Lodge where the conflict of Nigeria was discussed between January 4 and January 5, 1967. Aburi is a town in Ghana and a 45-minute drive from Accra, the capital of Ghana.

Those who attended the meeting were Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon, Col. Robert Adebayo, Lt. Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Lt. Col. David Ejoor, Lt. Col. David Hassan Katsina, Commodore J.E.A. Wey, Major Mobolaji Johnson, Alhaji Kam Selem and Mr. J. Omo-Bare. Others were Prince S.I.A. Akenzua (Permanent Under-Secretary, Federal Cabinet Office.), Mr. P.T. Odumosu (Secretary to the Military Government, West.), Mr. N.U. Akpan (Secretary to the Military Government, East.), Mr. D.P. Lawani (Under-Secretary, Military Governor’s Office, Mid-West) and Alhaji Ali Akilu (Secretary to the Military Government, North.) The Chairman of the Ghana National Liberation Council, Lt. Gen. J.A. Ankrah, declared the meeting open in his capacity as then the head of state of Ghana.

Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole, 77, a Nigerian Military Officer of the Yoruba stock, fought on the side of Biafra during the ncivil war. Before then, he was, because of the first coup 50 years ago, imprisoned in Lagos and in the Enugu but was released by Lt Col Ojukwu.

He wrote his own war account too, entitled “The Reluctant Rebel”, which joined other civil war narratives like ‘The Biafra Story’ (1969) by Frederick Forsyth, ‘Why We Struck’ (1981) by Adewale Ademoyega, ‘Sunset In Biafra’ (1975) by Elechi Amadi, ‘The Nigerian Revolution And the Biafran War’ (1980) by Alexander Madiebo among others.

In this interview with Ademola Adegbamigbe and Femi Anjorin (Idowu Ogunleye snapped the photos), the retired army officer narrated what happened during the first coup, his participation in it and why he, despite being Yoruba, fought on the side of Biafra like other non Igbo officers like Lt Col. Victor Banjo, Major Wale Ademoyega and others.

Q: In what area did you take part in that coup?

A: Arrest, seize facility and others…

Q: You were at a point, according to your book, with Captain Adeleke, another Yoruba soldier, who was he?

A: He was a colleague. He is the one who said he wanted to consult the family and we were friends, we both worked in Apapa before the crisis.

Q: I want you to describe what happened to other Yoruba people or non Igbo who fought on the Biafran side – Lt Col. Victor Banjo, Major Wale Ademoyega, then Major Kaduna Nzeogwu an Igbo from Opanam in Delta?

A: They were detained like myself, and Nzeogwu was detained, that was a common factor.

Q: In the book, you applaud Ojukwu’s performance in Aburi, explain to us what actually happened because there is this argument that he bamboozled Gowon

A: If you listen to the Aburi accord or the proceedings as a whole, you will duff your cap for Ojukwu whether he is a villain or whatever you want to call him, call him. He really dictated the pace of the discussion, he was prepared for it, he kind of put together all the things and if you listen, the moment he started talking, others kept quiet and when he finished, they will say ok ok ok. To give you a full grasp of what the theme was, you need to read the comment of the super perm sec (Akenzua) who led us to (the mess) where we are today.

Q: Was it Philip Asiodu?

A: The group – Asiodu, and the rest. Their recommendations, what they brought back from Aburi was agreed to be implemented but when they came here they tore it into pieces.

Q: Ok, was after the agreement was signed in Aburi? They came back to Nigeria….

A: To put it in whatsoever you can say political implementation. They desired to analyse it, it was an agreement not suggestion, that’s where our problem sort of started.

If you listen to the Aburi accord or the proceedings as a whole, you will duff your cap for Ojukwu whether he is a villain or whatever you want to call him, call him. He really dictated the pace of the discussion, he was prepared for it, he kind of put together all the things and if you listen, the moment he started talking, others kept quiet and when he finished, they will say ok ok ok. To give you a full grasp of what the theme was, you need to read the comment of the super perm sec (Akenzua) who led us to (the mess) where we are today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Twitter Limits PIDOMNIGERIA Access To Account After Keyamo's US Property Exposed / FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu / Top 7 Cars Used By Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 391
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.