Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS (47449 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: Our Plans Working Perfectly Well - Arewa Youth Leader / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Anwulisomto: 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
sexybrooke:
I heard the yoruba nation is divided into two the yoruba muslim and yoruba Christians....the muslims are intimidating the Christians what are you doing about it

Warris this
Si eba pou

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by DauraDullard0(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
I am Ikwerre and this is the daftest article I have read all year long. Obio/Akpo LGA is richer and bigger than Ebonyi state. Ikwerres have similarities in names and language but our culture is different from that of the Igbos even our traditions and identity. We have different history, we mixed up with the igbos due to trade. Our real identity is "iwuruoha". It's the white man that caused most of this things.
They made aba the capital of our region make most headquarters of business and corporation reside there and made an igbo man mayor of Portharcourt. That's why almost all the streets in Diobu are igbo names. I have personally discussed with Sir Elechi Amadi and he told me a lot including why we supported Nigeria. I'm from Ogbakiri and we have no trace of origin from igbos. We can bear the same names or even speak the same language but we have our different traditions and identity.
Please don't kill yourself over this, Ikwerres will never want to associate themselves with igbos, we have this superior feeling that we better than the igbos, hence the laziness in our people. Bye
Just listen to the garbage you just posted here. You're lazy because you feel superior... How does that make sense even to the daftest of dafts? There's no correlation between superiority and laziness.

You're not an Ikwerre man... Quote me anywhere.

Let me not also fail to point out the fact that in recent weeks, Yorubas have been at the forefront of those labelling South-South youths as lazy. I hope you know what I'm driving at. Now run back to your Ogbomoso hinterland and embrace cocoa farming.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Omoluabi16(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Why can't you people stop giving attention to these ikwerres or whatever they call themselves? Whats wrong with you guys?
I don't want them to be part of the Igbo race, let them stay on their own and stop giving those "Rags" an undeserved attention.
come. ur own don dey too much here o. all you do is rant nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
Omoluabi16:
come. ur own don dey too much here o. all you do is rant nowadays.
lol. Abeg o. Sweetheart
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by ridwanayo(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
When will igbo's stop this there land grabbin mentality.they keep saying there fore-fayhers have land in benue,rivers,delta,edo,they don even try to claim lagos.can't u guys just be satisfied with what you have,must ijaw nd ikwere join biafra
I hope u guys get ur biafra oh,infact am in support 100% but reduce this ur land grabbing mentality

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by SlayerSupreme: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
ridwanayo:
When will igbo's stop this there land grabbin mentality.they keep saying there fore-fayhers have land in benue,rivers,delta,edo,they don even try to claim lagos. can't u guys just be satisfied with what you have,must ijaw nd ikwere join biafra
I hope u guys get ur biafra oh,infact am in support 100% but reduce this ur land grabbing mentality
Bia nigga,@bolded-learn to read AND UNDERSTAND

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Omoluabi16(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:
lol. Abeg o. Sweetheart
haha.. don't sweetheart me oo.ur gradually getting sucked in this tribe/national issues.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by ridwanayo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Bia nigga,@bolded-learn to read AND UNDERSTAND
am nt talking bout what the op posted,but am talking bout igbo people land grabbing mentality on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by mich24(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Thats true,you know most of this igbo names you see commit crime in and out of Nigeria with igbo names are not actually those who believe to be igbos but those who don't believe but hide under the name to commit crime.
attackgat:

True. The Ikwerre are hyped in importance sometimes. The only thing that gets to me is that any Nigerian who meets an Ikwere will never believe he is not Igbo ( by name and language) and whatever they do will always affect the Igbo nation, wether positive or negative.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Armaggedon: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Just listen to the garbage you just posted here. You're lazy because you feel superior... How does that make sense even to the daftest of dafts? There's no correlation between superiority and laziness.

Let me not also fail to point out the fact that in recent weeks, Yorubas have been at the forefront of those labelling South-South youths as lazy. I hope you know what I'm driving at. Now run back to your Ogbomoso hinterland and embrace cocoa farming.
they allow pple to open silly threads like this and give yorubas like him the opportunity to claim what they are not and claim division

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by HopeAtHand: 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
I am Ikwerre and this is the daftest article I have read all year long. Obio/Akpo LGA is richer and bigger than Ebonyi state. Ikwerres have similarities in names and language but our culture is different from that of the Igbos even our traditions and identity. We have different history, we mixed up with the igbos due to trade. Our real identity is "iwuruoha". It's the white man that caused most of this things.
They made aba the capital of our region make most headquarters of business and corporation reside there and made an igbo man mayor of Portharcourt. That's why almost all the streets in Diobu are igbo names. I have personally discussed with Sir Elechi Amadi and he told me a lot including why we supported Nigeria. I'm from Ogbakiri and we have no trace of origin from igbos. We can bear the same names or even speak the same language but we have our different traditions and identity.
Please don't kill yourself over this, Ikwerres will never want to associate themselves with igbos, we have this superior feeling that we better than the igbos, hence the laziness in our people. Bye

Mekaa su wene.

You wrote the heart and mind of a true Ikwerre person. Igbos fail to realise the exact situation of Ikwerre/Igbo question.

We Ikwerres see Igbos as different from us, regardless of closeness of names, customs and whatever parameters Igbos may use to support their claims.

Since 2013 i created my handle, ive been trying to explain to Igbos that we will always see them as Igbos or 'Isoma' no matter what they try to rationalize, we are at the point of no return. The 'daredevil' Igbos keep pushing themselves.

Whenever the Igbos decide to wake from their illusion of baseless brotherhood, the morning begins for them.

14 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by DauraDullard0(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Armaggedon:
they allow pple to open silly threads like this and give yorubas like him the opportunity to claim what they are not and claim division
Very disgusting and irritating.... 'We South-South', 'We Niger-Delta '.... I mean wtf? I tire for the people. These Yoruba kids should give it a rest.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by mich24(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
gringringringringrin
DauraDullard0:

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by lyricalpontiff(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Mekaa su wene.

You wrote the heart and mind of a true Ikwerre person. Igbos fail to realise the exact situation of Ikwerre/Igbo question.

We Ikwerres see Igbos as different from us, regardless of closeness of names, customs and whatever parameters Igbos may use to support their claims.

Since 2013 i created my handle, ive been trying to explain to Igbos that we will always see them as Igbos or 'Isoma' no matter what they try to rationalize, we are at the point of no return. The 'daredevil' Igbos keep pushing themselves.

Whenever the Igbos decide to wake from their illusion of baseless brotherhood, the morning begins for them.

God bless you
Is it by force to be igbo
Who igbo help?
They have great population and land mass
They should avoid us biko

10 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Jackrich: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Why can't you people stop giving attention to these ikwerres or whatever they call themselves? Whats wrong with you guys?
I don't want them to be part of the Igbo race, let them stay on their own and stop giving those "Rags" an undeserved attention.
Really ? Ikwerres are rags? smh

The Igbo nation must be so important than any other ethnic group then.
Clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Ikechukwu183: 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Ikechukwu183: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2016

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Ikeg48: 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Mekaa su wene.

Raphael OBASUYI you seriously have ZERO shame.

Ikwerre wannabe

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Ikeg48: 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been telling SE this for years now. Ikwerres are a joke. They nothing but oil people, that's it. Outside of that, ikwerres are a worthless set. Hell creating their own group is a hard task for them. They are busy attaching themselves to Igbo groups while screaming "we are not igbo".
Infact, I still blame SE for this rubbish. Ikwerre should be dropped and allowed to be the useless people they are.

11 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Scholes007(m): 12:38am On Jun 10, 2016
CyerSeries:
Is this thread necessary? I'm Igbo and I.don't give a damn whatever group chose to call themselves. My only problem just like someone said here, is that whatever any Ikwere man does, whether positive or negative will be attributed to the Igbo race.
That is where the problem lies. If anything negative is done by ikwere then it will be attributed to Igbos. Just imagine the curt killings within ikwere and how it dents igbo images. Same is applicable to other vices. But the hard part is that we can't cut of our hands because our fingers spite us. Ikwere is a necessary evil. Every un-defendable insult to Igbo race always hedge on Ikwere denial. It is a fight that would have been won if all of them(ikwere) believed they aren't igbo. But significant number of them are still Igbo and some are too vocal and occupy igbo helm of affairs hence can't be denied by Igbo race as it is alien to us. Left to me Ikwere is not Igbo and can never be Igbo, we share nothing in common, not even language name or cloths...
but Ijaw, yorubas, hausa,fulani and other tribes do not see through my lens hence it makes me illogical and foolish..

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by AnusOdourInhaler: 12:47am On Jun 10, 2016
What's up with all this identity crisis?
Igbos are Ikwerre, Ikwerre are not Igbos..
Igbos should stop reaching out to their 'lost' brothers, if they don't want to associate with them.
Narrow your Biafra dream to your 5 states and states/part of states that agrees to go with you, that will solve all these identity problem and will create a unified country based on trust and understanding..
I'm talking with the mindset, that Biafra is a dream not a country driven by greed. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Scholes007(m): 1:01am On Jun 10, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:
What's up with all this identity crisis?
Igbos are Ikwerre, Ikwerre are not Igbos..
Igbos should stop reaching out to their 'lost' brothers, if they don't want to associate with them.
Narrow your Biafra dream to your 5 states and states/part of states that agrees to go with you, that will solve all these identity problem and will create a unified country based on trust and understanding..
I'm talking with the mindset, that Biafra is a dream not a country driven by greed. Thanks
I support you on everything you said except the biafran part. This is not about biafra, but the dent and heavy blow it gives to Igbo race. I wish other tribes should see it this way, Ikwere is not Igbo and has nothing to do with Igbo. Let others know that anything done by ikwere remains with ikwere. When chukwudi steals, kills... Questions should be asked if he is igbo or not.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by ChinonsoDike2: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2016
lyricalpontiff:

Well said my ikwerre brother. My mother was born in Ogbakiri(kind of off topic).

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Scholes007(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
lets get facts straight,
=> rivers state has an area of 4277 square mile and Ebonyi is 2135 square mile. If obio/Akpo LGA is larger than Ebonyi state then it should be more than half of rivers state. But out of the 23 lga's in rivers state obio/akpor lga is one of the small/average lgas in rivers state.
=> Obio/Akpor lga is richer than? Clear you didn't state what type of richer you mean. Ebonyi states gets close to times 9 the allocation obio/akpor lga gets. In terms of mineral resources obio/akpor lga is no where close to ebonyi state.
Crude oil is the only possible mineral resources obio/Akpor lga has more than ebonyi state. When it comes to solid minerals ebonyi is a big player in Nigeria. Starting from quarry, lead, zinc, lime stone etc.
Agriculturally obio akpor lga has little to nothing to offer to Nigeria. Ebonyi on the other hand has more land. She is one of the highest rice producing state, she is also a major player when it comes to yam, cassava, plantain and some other food crops.
I just don't get what makes you place yourself where you are no match.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2016
This thread is not necessary... I believe this issue has been trash out on this forum.
Those Ikwerres that identify with the Igbos should be embrace as brothers, and
those that don't should be respected for their opinions.

@ OP, let me suggest topics you can rummage your mind on, and possibly come up with beautiful and inspiring threads, not those garbage you littered up there…..

Topics you can research on:

Nigerian Machevilian Democratic System
Economic warlords in the Niger Delta
Buharism, the (Doctrine and) study of Buhari Economic Policies
Re-Modernizing the Igbos Enterprise System to suit current economic realities
10 Ways to Practically Develop the South East and make it an Investment Haven
And more…. Your brain can think of….

Stop coming up with useless threads that cannot add up to your life, or engage the brain positively, or even generate intelligent intellectual debate….. (pardon my play on words, but I'm dane serious) Please, this Ikwerre vs Igbo shit is stale…. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Adaure4ever:

@ bold is not necessary. You can make your point without name calling. They are not rags. I repeat, they are not rags.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by attackgat: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2016
blues20:
This thread is not necessary... I believe this issue has been trash out on this forum.
Those Ikwerres that identify with the Igbos should be embrace as brothers, and
those that don't should be respected for their opinions.

@ OP, let me suggest topics you can rummage your mind on, and possibly come up with beautiful and inspiring threads, not those garbage you littered up there…..

Topics you can research on:

Nigerian Machevilian Democratic System
Economic warlords in the Niger Delta
Buharism, the (Doctrine and) study of Buhari Economic Policies
Re-Modernizing the Igbos Enterprise System to suit current economic realities
10 Ways to Practically Develop the South East and make an it Investment Haven
And more…. Your brain can think of….

Stop coming up with useless threads that cannot add up to your life, or engage the brain positively, or even generate intelligent intellectual debate….. (pardon my play on words, but I'm dane serious) Please, [b]this Ikwerre vs Igbo [/b]shit is stale…. Thank you.

You are right here. Example is that the Elele people in Ikwere local government fully indentify with being Igbo. Therefore, not all Ikeweres deny their Igbo ancestry. Anyway, it doesnt really matter, we hope to achieve Biafra by peaceful referendum and when that time comes, they can vote to stay in Nigeria and we forget them. They only get attention for now because we are in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by CandyDiamond(f): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2016
Ikeg48:

Raphael OBASUYI you seriously have ZERO shame.

Ikwerre wannabe
Haahaaahaa grin grin grin grin grin, HopeAthand, bursted, Raphael OBASUYI a Yoruba man claiming Ikwerre since 2012 to cause disunity among the Igbos, Some Yorubas na wa for unaaaaa ooooo!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by honourhim: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ikwere people are too useless to be our brothers pls. What has the Ikwere man achieved in life more than the Igbos that will make some people here want to have them as our brothers? . Name one Ikwere man that has attained the height of Chinua Achebe, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Micheal Okpara in achievement. In what sector of the economy has Ikwere surpassed the igbos? What is the ratio of ikwere success in the academic world to that of the igbos? Your youths are a bunch of shame and laziness in PH. Going about the streets of PH and forcefully snatching money from companies and shop Owners only to go and spend it on women and drinks, selling one land to several people at the same time - fraud. , killing yourselves in the name of cultism. . Pls we have no need calling these useless set of people our brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
[s]
honourhim:
Ikwere people are too useless to be our brothers pls. What has the Ikwere man achieved in life more than the Igbos that will make some people here want to have them as our brothers? . Name one Ikwere man that has attained the height of Chinua Achebe, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Micheal Okpara in achievement. In what sector of the economy has Ikwere surpassed the igbos? What is the ratio of ikwere success in the academic world to that of the igbos? Your youths are a bunch of shame and laziness in PH. Going about the streets of PH and forcefully snatching money from companies and shop Owners only to go and spend it on women and drinks, selling one land to several people at the same time - fraud. , killing yourselves in the name of cultism. . Pls we have no need calling these useless set of people our brothers.
[/s]

Trash.... brotherhood is not base on achievement, but cultural affinity and shared values. Google is your friend, lot of illustrious and industrious Ikwerre sons..... they have them in great numbers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 / Femi Fani-kayode Meets Jonathan In Abuja (Photos) / Boko Haram Kills Soldier, Macpius Otu In Maiduguri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.