Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS (47437 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: Our Plans Working Perfectly Well - Arewa Youth Leader / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Lezzlie(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:
Thats what I try to tell them but they will never listen... They will start spreading hate everywhere meanwhile the same people are visiting the fulanis up and down yet they want a biafra free from the Fulanis. What an irony.

http://www.viviangist.com/ndigbo-youth-council-worldwide-visits-atiku-abubakar-photos
Most of them have not travelled outside the south east, so all Igbo speaking part of Nigeria, and all former Eastern region MUST be pro-biafra. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 10:31am On Jun 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
Most of them have not travelled outside the south east, so all Igbo speaking part of Nigeria, and all former Eastern region MUST be pro-biafra. Lolz
Bros, abeg no talk for this thread before they will rain insults on you and call you names. . Just relax let me handle them.
BTW, is there any way I can orubebe that final decision? The winner sef no even fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Lezzlie(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:
Bros, abeg no talk for this thread before they will rain insults on you and call you names. . Just relax let me handle them.
BTW, is there any way I can orubebe that final decision? The winner sef no even fine.
Insult me?

I will return the favour with equal fervour. Lord knows there's no better way of starting a boring week with field inspection.

The Miss NL stuff ended anticlimactic and is gradually losing value. Thanks again for the vote, bro.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
Insult me?

I will return the favour with equal fervour. Lord knows there's no better way of starting a boring week with field inspection.

The Miss NL stuff ended anticlimactic and is gradually losing value. Thanks again for the vote, bro.
No wahala.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:
Thats the difference between them, nigerdeltans and biafrans.. .We are bold to tell the fulanis to their face that we are tired of the injustice, it is only the biafrans that are still receiving anals from their fulani masters cheesy

I feel your eternal grief that at the mere whispering of NK to your elongated ears cold shiver travel down your spines.

NK stood and looked your Hausa-Fulani masters eyeball to eyeball while the treacherous inconsequential people hid under their beds. The same miserable beings currently make a living out of his struggle and at the same time senselessly shouting kill Kanu! hang him! Shoot him! 

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

I feel your eternal grief that at the mere whispering of NK to your elongated ears cold shiver travel down your spines.

NK stood and looked your Hausa-Fulani masters eyeball to eyeball while the treacherous inconsequential people hid under their beds. The same miserable beings currently make a living out of his struggle and at the same time senselessly shouting kill Kanu! hang him! Shoot him! 

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

I am sure Nnamdi kanu will be furious to see his fellow biafrans begging their fulani masters. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:
I am sure Nnamdi kanu will be furious to see his fellow biafrans begging their fulani masters. cheesy

NK - the nemesis of you and your inconsequential people.

Locate the nearest medic for emergency response while you take a watch and pay attention to the wordings of this song: ‘All Hail Biafr*’ -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7In5jpQiH8
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 11:10am On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

NK - the nemesis of you and your inconsequential people.

Locate the nearest medic for emergency response while you take a watch and pay attention to the wordings of this song: ‘All Hail Biafr*’ -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7In5jpQiH8
Ok, but see as you guys are making a fo0l of yourselves. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3190195/ndigbo-youth-council-visits-atiku
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:
Ok, but see as you guys are making a fo0l of yourselves. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3190195/ndigbo-youth-council-visits-atiku

Useless cretinous savage of dirt, squalor and slavery, the mere mention of Biaf... or NK is really driving you insane. Never mind I shall attempt helping you out...

NK raising his hands in victory -

NK stood and looked Hausa-Fulanis eyeball to eyeball while you and your diabolic people hid under your beds.

You should be utterly ashamed that you and your miserable people currently make a living out of his struggle.

Your devilish mind thinks the only way you might pin NK down is by using masquerades to testify against him in court. What a pity for your deluded self!

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

Useless cretinous savage of dirt, squalor and slavery, the mere mention of Biaf... or NK is really driving you insane. Never mind I shall attempt helping you out...

NK raising his hands in victory -

NK stood and looked Hausa-Fulanis eyeball to eyeball while you and your diabolic people hid under your beds.

You should be utterly ashamed that you and your miserable people currently make a living out of his struggle.

Your devilish mind thinks the only way you might pin NK down is by using masquerades to testify against him in court. What a pity for your deluded self!
Hahaha, no be me dey give kanu watery beans for kirikiri na. cheesy
Take your hate to the Fulani that imprisoned him if you have the balls. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 11:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:

Your endless whining and wailing on NL cannot prevent the inevitable - your spending the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

https://www.nairaland.com/2799715/biafra-kanu-bigger-crowd-puller-than#40980839

With a man like NK that can command over 38million people without money, there is every reason for you and your coward generation of backst*bbers to fear for your miserable lives...

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:

Your endless whining and wailing on NL cannot prevent the inevitable - your spending the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

https://www.nairaland.com/2799715/biafra-kanu-bigger-crowd-puller-than#40980839-bishop-kukah

With a man like NK that can command over 38million people without money, there is every reason for you and your coward generation of backst*bbers to fear for your miserable lives...

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Dragonking: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

https://www.nairaland.com/2799715/biafra-kanu-bigger-crowd-puller-than#40980839-bishop-kukah

You have already posted this before, don't tell me you are running out of stored posts and links? cheesy cheesy
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by postmann: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin grin grin

Dragonking:
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by zendy: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dragonking:

So Igbo youths visiting a former Vice President is now a form of begging?
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 9:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Igboid:

Bini was a mushroom empire that sucked the blood of the weak.
Bini empire was defeated in a matter of a day. Sir admiral Harry Lawson completely ransacked Bini in 10 days the war lasted. Bini. Mushroom empire fell in 10 days. Aro confederation lasted for months. Go figure!
And no, British didn't have to go anywhere to reinforce,
The first expedition by Philip failed because he didn't get British approval, he acted on his own, and it was not really a war, as there were hardly any cross fire, they were just arrested and slaughtered by few Bini boarder guards.

Yes, It made sense that they built moats. When you invade a people and they defeat you, chances are that they could pursue you all the way to your own home and try to exact revenge. Bini was being tactful with the Moats.

How exactly did Akenzua become a national figure as Bini Oba. The Akenzua known was Akenzua the civil servant that worked at Enugu, and not Akenzua that later became an Oba of a mushroom empire on its death throes if not already dead.

Oba Akenzua remained a non entity that was reduced to house Boy by Yoruba Obas in the Western house of chiefs.

No, It wasn't Zik who made that comment. This was Zik's comment:

"It would appear that the God of Africa has specifically created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of the ages".

He made that comment at an Igbo Union meeting in Aba while addressing a bunch of Igbo nationalists in Aba. That statement was lifted out of context from his long speech in that gathering in 1949 by Yoruba propaganda media. Zik only meant to energize the Igbo community to commit more into independence fight.
He never denigrated other ethnic groups and spoke ill of them. He only sought to uplift the Igbo. This is in contrast to Oba Akenzua Igbophobic article on Ndiigbo in 1965, Akintola Igbophobic "Yoruba Ronu" speech and Saraduna infamous anti Igbo speech.

While Igbos focused on uplifting themselves, other Nigerian envious groups would rather focus on bringing Ndiigbo down than channeling the effort towards lifting themselves.

But even at that, the comment remain ever true. The God of the Earth had set Ndiigbo apart as a special race, that will tower over others through sheer hardwork and will power. A city that is set on a hill never to be Hidden. A constant pain at the heart of our haters who surround us. He was only stating a fact and nothing else. And he was speaking of Africa and not even Nigeria, for Nigeria is too small a playing field for Ndiigbo.

Lol! Ironsi held the coup planners in jail because he believed that they were more safe there. I don't know of the Northern coupists being released, I thought the coup was supposed to be an Igbo coup planned and executed solely by Igbo military men, so pray tell, what Northern coupists are you talking about?

Gowon couldn't have released any body in Enugu prison without Ojukwu permission, Ojukwu controlled the East, and never recognized Gowon's power over him or the East.
If Enahoro, Awo and other Edo treacherous beings reason for working against Aburi was because of petty vendetta against imaginary perceived injustice they felt done to them by Ojukwu and Ironsi , then they were even more pathetic than I thought.
Why should they take their grouse on Ojukwu and Ironsi and then exonerate the North( under Balewa) that rightly jailed them for committing treason against Balewa's government.
Oh I forgot, Awo, Enahoro and other AG traitors blamed Zik and Ndiigbo for their sin of treason, claiming that it was Ndiigbo that set them up, while at the same time exonerated Balewa, Akintola and the Yoruba judge that served them their justice?

Yet it's this same delusional Edo and Yoruba folks that you claim were neutral and expected Ojukwu to present himself to in Bini to gang up with their Northern masters and eliminate?

A coup was carried out that eliminated Northern leaders and with nerves hot in the North, you think the wise decision for Ironsi to make was release bunch of traitors ( Awo and Enahoro) who the North put in prison for trying to depose Balewa from power? To what end?

What anti seccession decree are you talking about? Again the conditions and scenario pre July coup were not same with those of post July coup, Ojukwu stance changed to reflect that. It's as simple as that.

If Akenzua was not an influential national figure then how come only he, without arms, was able to prevent the secession attempt fought by all Igbos with weapons as you allege? Democracy is a game of numbers and numbers alone, so the Yoruba kings advantage over him was through numbers. Despite that he was able to have a region created for him away from the influence of those Yoruba chiefs unlike Igbos selfish whose grip over Eastern minorities was so tight that they could not get their COR region despite being more in number than western minorities.
You have refused to tell me why western Igbos still maintain their reverence for the Oba of Benin if Benin truly ever tried to conquer and subdue them.
To clear your ignorance about the anti-secession decree promulgated by ironsi, I refer you to the rejoinder written by an Igboman to another Igbo man's (Emeka Njokuk) article on whether Zik truly qualifies as Igbos' leader. The article is on Naijaworld and titled "RE: LEADERSHIP: IGBO PEOPLE, NIGERIA,
AFRICA AND ZIK" In it you'll see where an Igbo man admitted that Ironsi promulgated both unification and anti-secession decrees with Ojukwu's assistance.

Please go to you-tube and watch how Britain had to return home to reinforce. Videos don't lie.

The coup was an Igbo coup not by the composition of those involved but by the manner of execution. That explains the Northern detainees released by Ironsi and Ojukwu.

Awo and Enahoro coup was to be 100% bloodless and not even targetted at any innocent civilian or military officer but at Balewa alone because Balewa himself had earlier on used an executive coup to disorganize their Western Region. Ironsi and Ojukwu in their "wisdom" found it unsafe to release them, but found it safe to start releasing the Igbo boys who planned and executed a bloody coup which took the lives of innocent civilians and completely innocent military officer gentlemen. You see the wisdom of an average Igbo man?

Moreover, from the pattern of killings, ironsi himself knew deep down in him that the North already knew that the successful coup could not have been by Yorubas or Edos as it wiped out the leading lights of Yoruba, North and Edo leaving out the Igbos. So how sensible was he to claim he wanted to show concern about Balewa's and Bello's assassinations by further holding in detention all other tribes who like the North lost personalities through the coup while releasing the Igbos boys who killed that very Balewa and Bello leaving their own brothers? It does not make sense!

The Yoruba Judge who pronounced Awolowo and Enahoro jail terms acted under duress because he was purposely recruited by the governing duo of Zik and Balewa and to work against the interest of the Southwest-future Midwest-Middle Belt interest in order to further cement the Igbo-Hausa-Fulani joint interest which he did perfectly.

For the following reasons Enahoro and Awolowo could not be called traitors for ditching Igbos and going to Gowon's side when the war came as you allege:
1. Enahoro and Awolowo had always preferred to work with the Christian Middle Belt hence UMBC (United Middle Belt Congress) and AG were allies in the 1959 and 1964 elections. On the other hand Zik and Igbos had always preferred to work with the Muslim core north hence Zik's NCNC first aligned with NEPU (Northern Elements Progressive Union) and then later went into full alliance with the larger Hausa-fulani and Islamist NPC (Northern Peoples Congress).
When the Igbo-Islamist North alliance crumbled and bomeranged on Igbos, Ojukwu and Igbos now hypocrically wanted the support of the Awo and Enahoro ( part of the AG-UMBC alliance) which the Igbo-Islamist Core North alliance had been trying to kill. But Awo and Enahoro, as a matter of principles and consistency chose to remain main with Gowon representing the Middle-Belt which they had always aligned with. So how did that make them traitors like Igbos who abandoned their own Igbo-Islamist North alliance to seek the support of the South-Middle Belt alliance?
2. Awolowo and Enahoro were released by Gowon. How sensible and responsible would it have been for Enahoro and Awo to, in a war situation, choose to align with the Igbos who jailed them to fight against Gowon who released them from jail? No rational person does that. Only Igbos may do so and that explains why they were expecting Awo and Enahoro to do it.
The arguement that Ojukwu set Awo free is watery because even though Ojukwu was in control of the Eastern Region the relationship between him and Gowon had not deteriorated to the level of mutual antagonism then owing the fact that Aburi Accord which later strained alienated them had not even been dreamt of as at when Awo and Enahoro were released. So Ojukwu was still bargaining with the North over which officer should replace ironsi and thus was still under Gowon's authority to enforce the order of release of Awo. Moreover, the same order which released Awo also released Enahoro. Thank God Enahoro was not in an Eastern prison or else you Igbos would have been including him today among those whom you falsely claim Ojukwu released.

There is nothing pathetic in Awo and Enahoro allegedly working against Aburi accord based on the injustice meted to them by Ojukwu and Ironsi. After all you people defend Zik's decision to align his NCNC with Ahmadu Bello's NPC to spite Awolowo for his alleged "injustice" of instigating the alleged but false "cross-carpeting" that deprived Zik of Western Region's premiership. Igbos and double standards.

If Zik's "prophesy" of igbo domination was sincerely divinely designed and thus the truth, then why did Zik and Igbos not just allow that Igbo god itself bring about its actualization but started trying to forcefully do it themselves by aligning with the North against the rest of the South and by executing an openly tribal coup? And why was that Igbo god watching Zik when he decided to take the path of aligning with the Muslim core North despite knowing fully well that such a path was the way to doom for Igbos and would prevent the fulfilment of that prophesy while bringing about the direct opposite of Igbo massacre by Hausa-Fulanis and Igbo relegation to the background? And if that Zik's prophesy were true then how come Igbos are now asking for a pull away from Nigeria which that god destined them to rule and dominate?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 28, 2016
Deadlytruth:

If Akenzua was not an influential national figure then how come only he, without arms, was able to prevent the secession attempt fought by all Igbos with weapons as you allege? Democracy is a game of numbers and numbers alone, so the Yoruba kings advantage over him was through numbers. Despite that he was able to have a region created for him away from the influence of those Yoruba chiefs unlike Igbos selfish whose grip over Eastern minorities was so tight that they could not get their COR region despite being more in number than western minorities.
You have refused to tell me why western Igbos still maintain their reverence for the Oba of Benin if Benin truly ever tried to conquer and subdue them.
To clear your ignorance about the anti-secession decree promulgated by ironsi, I refer you to the rejoinder written by an Igboman to another Igbo man's (Emeka Njokuk) article on whether Zik truly qualifies as Igbos' leader. The article is on Naijaworld and titled "RE: LEADERSHIP: IGBO PEOPLE, NIGERIA,
AFRICA AND ZIK" In it you'll see where an Igbo man admitted that Ironsi promulgated both unification and anti-secession decrees with Ojukwu's assistance.

Please go to you-tube and watch how Britain had to return home to reinforce. Videos don't lie.

The coup was an Igbo coup not by the composition of those involved but by the manner of execution. That explains the Northern detainees released by Ironsi and Ojukwu.

Awo and Enahoro coup was to be 100% bloodless and not even targetted at any innocent civilian or military officer but at Balewa alone because Balewa himself had earlier on used an executive coup to disorganize their Western Region. Ironsi and Ojukwu in their "wisdom" found it unsafe to release them, but found it safe to start releasing the Igbo boys who planned and executed a bloody coup which took the lives of innocent civilians and completely innocent military officer gentlemen. You see the wisdom of an average Igbo man?

Moreover, from the pattern of killings, ironsi himself knew deep down in him that the North already knew that the successful coup could not have been by Yorubas or Edos as it wiped out the leading lights of Yoruba, North and Edo leaving out the Igbos. So how sensible was he to claim he wanted to show concern about Balewa's and Bello's assassinations by further holding in detention all other tribes who like the North lost personalities through the coup while releasing the Igbos boys who killed that very Balewa and Bello leaving their own brothers? It does not make sense!

The Yoruba Judge who pronounced Awolowo and Enahoro jail terms acted under duress because he was purposely recruited by the governing duo of Zik and Balewa and to work against the interest of the Southwest-future Midwest-Middle Belt interest in order to further cement the Igbo-Hausa-Fulani joint interest which he did perfectly.

For the following reasons Enahoro and Awolowo could not be called traitors for ditching Igbos and going to Gowon's side when the war came as you allege:
1. Enahoro and Awolowo had always preferred to work with the Christian Middle Belt hence UMBC (United Middle Belt Congress) and AG were allies in the 1959 and 1964 elections. On the other hand Zik and Igbos had always preferred to work with the Muslim core north hence Zik's NCNC first aligned with NEPU (Northern Elements Progressive Union) and then later went into full alliance with the larger Hausa-fulani and Islamist NPC (Northern Peoples Congress).
When the Igbo-Islamist North alliance crumbled and bomeranged on Igbos, Ojukwu and Igbos now hypocrically wanted the support of the Awo and Enahoro ( part of the AG-UMBC alliance) which the Igbo-Islamist Core North alliance had been trying to kill. But Awo and Enahoro, as a matter of principles and consistency chose to remain main with Gowon representing the Middle-Belt which they had always aligned with. So how did that make them traitors like Igbos who abandoned their own Igbo-Islamist North alliance to seek the support of the South-Middle Belt alliance?
2. Awolowo and Enahoro were released by Gowon. How sensible and responsible would it have been for Enahoro and Awo to, in a war situation, choose to align with the Igbos who jailed them to fight against Gowon who released them from jail? No rational person does that. Only Igbos may do so and that explains why they were expecting Awo and Enahoro to do it.
The arguement that Ojukwu set Awo free is watery because even though Ojukwu was in control of the Eastern Region the relationship between him and Gowon had not deteriorated to the level of mutual antagonism then owing the fact that Aburi Accord which later strained alienated them had not even been dreamt of as at when Awo and Enahoro were released. So Ojukwu was still bargaining with the North over which officer should replace ironsi and thus was still under Gowon's authority to enforce the order of release of Awo. Moreover, the same order which released Awo also released Enahoro. Thank God Enahoro was not in an Eastern prison or else you Igbos would have been including him today among those whom you falsely claim Ojukwu released.

There is nothing pathetic in Awo and Enahoro allegedly working against Aburi accord based on the injustice meted to them by Ojukwu and Ironsi. After all you people defend Zik's decision to align his NCNC with Ahmadu Bello's NPC to spite Awolowo for his alleged "injustice" of instigating the alleged but false "cross-carpeting" that deprived Zik of Western Region's premiership. Igbos and double standards.

If Zik's "prophesy" of igbo domination was sincerely divinely designed and thus the truth, then why did Zik and Igbos not just allow that Igbo god itself bring about its actualization but started trying to forcefully do it themselves by aligning with the North against the rest of the South and by executing an openly tribal coup? And why was that Igbo god watching Zik when he decided to take the path of aligning with the Muslim core North despite knowing fully well that such a path was the way to doom for Igbos and would prevent the fulfilment of that prophesy while bringing about the direct opposite of Igbo massacre by Hausa-Fulanis and Igbo relegation to the background? And if that Zik's prophesy were true then how come Igbos are now asking for a pull away from Nigeria which that god destined them to rule and dominate?

You guys should quit this fight. The Northerners are busy dealing us blows..... and we are here killing ourselves over past events. Are you guys blind to what is going in Nigeria right now. None of your asses will be speared if this guys succeed in their diabolical schemes. You better face reality.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2016
"if-I'm-not-sure-I'll-make-it-alone-then-let-us-all-stick-together-and-see-if-we-could-make-it-together-in-a-jealous-tribalistic-wicked-painful-way mentality. " 
- Deadlytrash

For several months running you have spent a great part of your life creating writeups on NL that attempt to castigate Igbos for daring to seek self-determination and for being responsible for the woes of Unemes and their cotravellers. In all your useless theses and theories of absurdity you have failed to inform your readership that there was never a time the constituent parts of this country ever came together to write such a constitution, that began with "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...". And that the so-called Nigerian constuition is itself a fraud foisted on the people by some greedy elements.

You're not bothered that this country is an expired entity. You're not concerned about the maiming and wanton destruction of lives and properties going on in the Middle-belt and South for decades now unabated. You're not at all bothered that the marauders are having a field day in your domain, unchallenged by the Uneme-Nekhua people and their ass-licking elites.

You have consistently failed to highlight the contributions of the Unemes to this country. Till date you have not been able to list the Uneme-Nekhua elites that mattered during pre-independence/independence era.

Whether you like it or not your endless rantings on NL will not prevent the inevitable - you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people spending the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

Your wailing up and down as if you give a hoot about justice, fairness and equity in the polity will not prevent the Unemes sharing OduaArewanistan republic with their Fulani masters.

In the guise of being objective and honest you and your cohorts are desperately scheming to have the East join you in your perpetual ass-licking profession of Kowtowing to the whims and caprices of your masters.
You're more concerned remaining perpetual puppets to your masters to guarantee the free flow of crude oil wealth from the East.

In 1966, you and your cohorts used your access to the corridors of power to make Gowon's jettison the Aburi Accord.

You and your wicked forbears didn't think it twice to collude with your masters in 1967-70 to murder hundreds of Aniomas - your so-called brother. During that fratricidal war you lots went about fishing out the Aniomas, residing in your neighbourhood, for killing. Currently you Edos still treat the Igbanke people as slaves, compelling them to discard their culture, tradition and names for yours as prerequisite for getting their lawful dues in Edo State. And here you're displaying fake love with your lips while your hearts are as dark as charcoal.

As if your wickedness isn't enough, you bigots still go about town rejoicing and supporting the killings of unarmed IPOB protesters just because you dread to be left behind with your masters. You hide under the cover of darkness to perpetrate your evil acts and loot the treasury with reckless abandon.

Knowing that your evil days are numbered you have become so desperate, perturbed and agitated that it seems you lots cannot live a day without thinking and writing evil against the Igbo Nation - your eternal nemesis.

Your wicked propaganda and foolish ranting on NL cannot stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement as your eternal portion remains with your Fulani masters.

Igbos are not interested in parasites, traitors or genocide conspirators. Igbos cannot afford to share a country with verm1ns and vagabonds parading as Uneme-Nekhua people on NL. The Igbos are not willing to self-destruct with the deluded Uneme-Nekhua people. Simply take your miseries to OduaArewanistan republic where bunch of hypocrites and confused bigots are found.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2016
@63XR36, you don't ever argue your own points with facts and logic but with crocodile tears over being allegedly being held back in Zik's One Nigeria. If you are really sincere what exactly has been holding you back from asking your brother, Ekweremadu, to simply sponsor a bill for referendum with his power as DSP? Is it other tribes that have as well held Ekweremadu back from using his position to ask for a referendum or that your seeking of secession is mere lip service?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr69r: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
"If-I'm-not-sure-I'll-make-it-alone-then-let-us-all-stick-together-and-see-if-we-could-make-it-together-in-a-jealous-tribalistic-wicked-painful-way.
- Deadlytrash

I can see that your vain repetitions of theories of absurdity emanated from a headless bigot. Your main aim of running amok on NL like a headless fowl is for the Igbo Nation to continue to subsidise your vassalage, parasitism and obliviousness.
Nevertheless, the portion of you and your Uneme-Nekhua people remains with your Fulani masters.

The man who can stand face-to-face with the enemy and boldly air his views is no mean man. He's no coward that had the guts to secceed, not once but twice. NK stood and looked your Hausa-Fulani masters eyeball to eyeball while you and your Uneme-Nekhua elites hid under your beds. And currently, you lots are shamelessly making a living out of his struggle and at the same time senselessly shouting kill Kanu! hang him! Shoot him!...in a bid to deflect your eternal misery. 

There is virtually no other ethnic group or region in Nigeria with as much guts as the Igbos, not even those that claimed they had a phantom empire in pre-colonial times.

You and your Uneme-Nekhua people are better off in OduaArewanistan republic. Enjoy your eternal serfdom!

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
Silly and meaningless repetitive rants from scurrilous midget full of inferiority slave complex. The earlier you realize your forebearers fooled you into myopically believing in this contraption and travest with "one Nigeria" catchphrase the better for you. If you truly desire to exit and are sincere about it, then ask NK to contact Ekweremadu. Till then you remain in Arewanistan Republic as a slave and sixth class citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 99xtr93r: 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Misery of a deluded Uneme-Nekhua leech whose forbears cannot be reckoned with any positive input to the development of this country.

A disgusting and repugnant clown parading as being knowledgeable in Nigeria history and yet have not deemed it fit to critique and rant against the evil and fraudulent constitution foisted on the people, that began with "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..."

A boorish cretin and confused ass-licking minion displaying foolery and flaunting it as knowledge...you and your inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua people shall spend the rest of your miserable lives with your Fulani masters.

Useless rant from a deluded, hypocritical bigot!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by attackgat: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:
@63XR36, you don't ever argue your own points with facts and logic but with crocodile tears over being allegedly being held back in Zik's One Nigeria. If you are really sincere what exactly has been holding you back from asking your brother, Ekweremadu, to simply sponsor a bill for referendum with his power as DSP? Is it other tribes that have as well held Ekweremadu back from using his position to ask for a referendum or that your seeking of secession is mere lip service?

It would be be pointless for Ekweremadu or anyone else to sponsor a bill on a referendum because such a bill will not even make first reading. And even if it does, everone out of the SE/SS zone will gather to vote it out. It is pointless to bring a referendum bill out when it is guaranteed to fail
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Duru1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

The above sketch is manifested by ill-educated stiff. It will not attract a rational response until the writer is able to strike the differences between “coalition and alliance”.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Omoluabi16:
come. ur own don dey too much here o. all you do is rant nowadays.
must you respond to every talk
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
attackgat:

It would be be pointless for Ekweremadu or anyone else to sponsor a bill on a referendum because such a bill will not even make first reading. And even if it does, everone out of the SE/SS zone will gather to vote it out. It is pointless to bring a referendum bill out when it is guaranteed to fail

That is at best a speculation. Until it is tried and the outcome is that way no one can confidently make any assertion as to what exactly the outcome will look like. Ekweremadu still remains in the best position to champion this course as long as the legal route is concerned. It would be a different thing if he has actually ever made an attempt and it did not succeed. At least he can do so for record purpose and posterity sake. It may not yield the desired result immediately but it will have set in unstoppable motion a very important watershed in the history of Nigeria and in the secession quest of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Duru1:

The above sketch is manifested by ill-educated stiff. It will not attract a rational response until the writer is able to strike the differences between “coalition and alliance”.

Your contention would have appealed to logic had I used alliance in a context synonymous with merger. Alliance and coalition are synonymous as they both mean a partial and tentative and heterogenous mix coming to pursue a common interest, while merger means a seamless coming together and complete mutual assimilation into a new homogeneous mix. Zik went into alliance/coalition with the Muslim Core North and had his fingers badly burnt.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by attackgat: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

That is at best a speculation. Until it is tried and the outcome is that way no one can confidently make any assertion as to what exactly the outcome will look like. Ekweremadu still remains in the best position to champion this course as long as the legal route is concerned. It would be a different thing if he has actually ever made an attempt and it did not succeed. At least he can do so for record purpose and posterity sake. It may not yield the desired result immediately but it will have set in unstoppable motion a very important watershed in the history of Nigeria and in the secession quest of Biafra.

What you wrote doesnt make sense. Ekweremadu is not going waste time and effort to sponsor a bill which he knows has not even the slightest chance of being passed by the National Assembly and neither will any legislator. None of them are interested in history making. Another thing is that any legislator who even attempts sponsoring a bill on referendum is most likely going to be branded a 'secessionist', and enemy of the state and will be hounded by the Government and Nigerian security agencies for the rest his life. Nigerian politics is not yet advanced enough for politicians to keep an open mind. There are only 3 ways a referendum can be conducted in a country like Nigeria:

1) If it is decided at a sovereign national conference or any national conference

2) If there is internal strife within Nigeria such as war, fighting, violence or killings on such a scale that all stake holders finally agree that we are better off apart than together

3) That Nigeria restructures into confederating or federating regions. An 'Igbo Region' will then have the autonomy to pass a referendum law in its own parliament which it can call up at any time.

There maybe a fourth option of a president using executive order to to order a referendum but this is most unlikely since no Nigerian president will probably do this and even if he does, the national assembly is likely to veto it.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Igboid: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Akenzua was an inconsequential buffoon, he didn't prevent Igbo secession, he was amongst those that convinced Gowon to not keep to Aburi terms, Gowon was already power drunk, all he needed to hold unto power was any conviction from any quarter. Even a Goat could have been able to convince Gowon. Akenzua was and remain a nobody, only Bini people know him.

Lol! Yoruba influence over him was because both him and his people are meant for eternal servitude that will surely continue in Arewaoduanistan republic, It was NCNC under Zik that masterminded Mid western separation from the Western region because of the cries of Western Igbos, and we ensured a mid western Igbo in Osadebey became the first Premier of the New region, even though the western Igbos were not the majority there.

The COR movement could not survive public vote in non Igbo areas of the East, only disgrunted few non Igbo politicians were pushing for it, the mainstream non Igbo Eastern politicians and traditional rulers as well as the people were well carried along in the East. THE COR could only be created by a military fiat, it wouldn't have survived a democratic referendum.
There was a report by the colonials on this situation, the Wilkins report, I will Post it here and another British report during the War that supports this.

Sorry to disappoint you, the Igbo are not dictatorial like your Yoruba brothers, at a time Awo was rallying his Yoruba troops to stop the emergence of Zik in Lagos, A fulani man was already the Mayor of Enugu.

The Igbankes in Edo that live with you and that feels the full weight of Bini imperialism, don't revere you, they are seeking for freedom from your despotic reign in Edo.
I had already posted the article on that here.

Anybody can write anything they like, being Igbo or not, does not in any way stop it from being right or wrong. The circumstances surrounding the post Jan coup is different from those of Post July coup, Ojukwu was brought in by Ironsi, you wouldn't expect him to object to Ironsi decrees, that's the chain of military command.

The British didn't have to reinforce anything. The first official attempt by British to capture Bini was a total success in a matter of days. The other earlier attempts were by British subjects and not by the British empire. The crux of the matter is that the Aro put up more resistance to the British empire than the mushroom Bini empire of Blood and Gore did.

Lol! How can't you be talking about Awo choosing the Christian UMBC, when we know that half of Yoruba itself is an Islamic enclave? You make it sound like Awo had preference for Christians over muslims grin Awo was left with no choice but to form an alliance with UMBC, after his treachery to play both Zik and Balewa failed.

He was left in the lurch and forced to work with whatever was remaining, which UMBC represented then, it had nothing to do with principles, Awo was a power hungry politician that was eager to kiss the devil for power, during the 1979 elections he was left in a similar lurch again and had to pick an Igbo vice, it wasn't because he loved Igbos, far from it, rather political permutations beyond his control forced him.

Awo in anger for being left in the lurch by the core North would later start scheming to wreck the North through UMBC Tiv elements, leading to Tiv riots, for this reason, the NPC singled Awo out as an Enemy that must be crushed, that was the beginning of Awo's travails.

Gowon was not representing the Middle belt Post July coup, he was a figure head of the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy, the kingpin was Murtala Muhammad, he was the one the troops were subservient to, Gowon was a rubber stamp, Awo was not that stupid not to know that, so the picture of Awo, the Christian middle belt loving politician you are trying to paint is a non starter.

Again, it wasn't Ndiigbo that jailed Awo and Enahoro, your repeating it one million times will not make it true. Awo and Enahoro were jailed after they were found guilty of treason and corrupt practices by a Yoruba civilian justice.
They were marked for death by the Hausa-Fulani controlled NPC for their role in trying to break the North through their UMBC activities and their attempt to stage a civilian coup of Balewa government. They(Enahoro and Awo) were convicted CRIMINALS. They were nailed by the North and NPC, leave the Igbo man alone!

Right before Aburi, Ojukwu never recognized Gowon's authority over him, the entire war was all about Gowon forcing Ojukwu to recognize his authority which Ojukwu never did. Gowon couldn't release anybody from Eastern prison without Ojukwu's approval, you have no point. Moreover, it was the North that sent Enahoro and Awo to prison to start with, even though Awo and Enahoro through their corrupt practices, made it easy for NPC and the North.

Enahoro and Awo were CRIMINALS the core North under NPC wanted out of the political arena in the Western region for their sins of trying to destabilize the North through the AG-UMBC alliance( the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy indicted AG led by Awo andEnahoro in the Tiv riots that wrecked the Northern region and threatened her unity) , and plans to overthrow a Northern government, and were jailed by the North. And you feel that it's diplomatic on the part of Ironsi to release such CRIMINALS? What type of message would he have sent to the then bloody thirsty North with such actions at a time tempers were running high in the North?

Zik under NCNC aligned with the North after Awo was found guilty of treachery of playing both NCNC and NPC, Awo himself allied with the remnant of the North in UMBC after he was left in the lurch by Zik and NPC, your trying to justify Awo's AG alliance with the Northern UMBC by calling them Christians is at best funny, as we know that half of Yoruba is an Islamic enclave and Northern Edo is an Islamic enclave too. Awo simply missed out on aligning with NPC due to his treachery.

Why did Zik align with the North( NPC?) well I could as well ask, why did Awo align with the North( UMBC) there is only one North after all, the one North that resisted and delayed independence.
The Jan 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup, fact.

Igbos according to Zik had been destined by God to dominate Africa, and not Nigeria, you have comprehension issues.
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 12:36am On Jul 06, 2016
Igboid:

Akenzua was an inconsequential buffoon, he didn't prevent Igbo secession, he was amongst those that convinced Gowon to not keep to Aburi terms, Gowon was already power drunk, all he needed to hold unto power was any conviction from any quarter. Even a Goat could have been able to convince Gowon. Akenzua was and remain a nobody, only Bini people know him.

Lol! Yoruba influence over him was because both him and his people are meant for eternal servitude that will surely continue in Arewaoduanistan republic, It was NCNC under Zik that masterminded Mid western separation from the Western region because of the cries of Western Igbos, and we ensured a mid western Igbo in Osadebey became the first Premier of the New region, even though the western Igbos were not the majority there.

The COR movement could not survive public vote in non Igbo areas of the East, only disgrunted few non Igbo politicians were pushing for it, the mainstream non Igbo Eastern politicians and traditional rulers as well as the people were well carried along in the East. THE COR could only be created by a military fiat, it wouldn't have survived a democratic referendum.
There was a report by the colonials on this situation, the Wilkins report, I will Post it here and another British report during the War that supports this.

Sorry to disappoint you, the Igbo are not dictatorial like your Yoruba brothers, at a time Awo was rallying his Yoruba troops to stop the emergence of Zik in Lagos, A fulani man was already the Mayor of Enugu.

The Igbankes in Edo that live with you and that feels the full weight of Bini imperialism, don't revere you, they are seeking for freedom from your despotic reign in Edo.
I had already posted the article on that here.

Anybody can write anything they like, being Igbo or not, does not in any way stop it from being right or wrong. The circumstances surrounding the post Jan coup is different from those of Post July coup, Ojukwu was brought in by Ironsi, you wouldn't expect him to object to Ironsi decrees, that's the chain of military command.

The British didn't have to reinforce anything. The first official attempt by British to capture Bini was a total success in a matter of days. The other earlier attempts were by British subjects and not by the British empire. The crux of the matter is that the Aro put up more resistance to the British empire than the mushroom Bini empire of Blood and Gore did.

Lol! How can't you be talking about Awo choosing the Christian UMBC, when we know that half of Yoruba itself is an Islamic enclave? You make it sound like Awo had preference for Christians over muslims grin Awo was left with no choice but to form an alliance with UMBC, after his treachery to play both Zik and Balewa failed.

He was left in the lurch and forced to work with whatever was remaining, which UMBC represented then, it had nothing to do with principles, Awo was a power hungry politician that was eager to kiss the devil for power, during the 1979 elections he was left in a similar lurch again and had to pick an Igbo vice, it wasn't because he loved Igbos, far from it, rather political permutations beyond his control forced him.

Awo in anger for being left in the lurch by the core North would later start scheming to wreck the North through UMBC Tiv elements, leading to Tiv riots, for this reason, the NPC singled Awo out as an Enemy that must be crushed, that was the beginning of Awo's travails.

Gowon was not representing the Middle belt Post July coup, he was a figure head of the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy, the kingpin was Murtala Muhammad, he was the one the troops were subservient to, Gowon was a rubber stamp, Awo was not that stupid not to know that, so the picture of Awo, the Christian middle belt loving politician you are trying to paint is a non starter.

Again, it wasn't Ndiigbo that jailed Awo and Enahoro, your repeating it one million times will not make it true. Awo and Enahoro were jailed after they were found guilty of treason and corrupt practices by a Yoruba civilian justice.
They were marked for death by the Hausa-Fulani controlled NPC for their role in trying to break the North through their UMBC activities and their attempt to stage a civilian coup of Balewa government. They(Enahoro and Awo) were convicted CRIMINALS. They were nailed by the North and NPC, leave the Igbo man alone!

Right before Aburi, Ojukwu never recognized Gowon's authority over him, the entire war was all about Gowon forcing Ojukwu to recognize his authority which Ojukwu never did. Gowon couldn't release anybody from Eastern prison without Ojukwu's approval, you have no point. Moreover, it was the North that sent Enahoro and Awo to prison to start with, even though Awo and Enahoro through their corrupt practices, made it easy for NPC and the North.

Enahoro and Awo were CRIMINALS the core North under NPC wanted out of the political arena in the Western region for their sins of trying to destabilize the North through the AG-UMBC alliance( the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy indicted AG led by Awo andEnahoro in the Tiv riots that wrecked the Northern region and threatened her unity) , and plans to overthrow a Northern government, and were jailed by the North. And you feel that it's diplomatic on the part of Ironsi to release such CRIMINALS? What type of message would he have sent to the then bloody thirsty North with such actions at a time tempers were running high in the North?

Zik under NCNC aligned with the North after Awo was found guilty of treachery of playing both NCNC and NPC, Awo himself allied with the remnant of the North in UMBC after he was left in the lurch by Zik and NPC, your trying to justify Awo's AG alliance with the Northern UMBC by calling them Christians is at best funny, as we know that half of Yoruba is an Islamic enclave and Northern Edo is an Islamic enclave too. Awo simply missed out on aligning with NPC due to his treachery.

Why did Zik align with the North( NPC?) well I could as well ask, why did Awo align with the North( UMBC) there is only one North after all, the one North that resisted and delayed independence.
The Jan 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup, fact.

Igbos according to Zik had been destined by God to dominate Africa, and not Nigeria, you have comprehension issues.

It takes an influential person to convince a sitting president to disregard Aburi Accord as alleged by you. The mere fact that you have devoted most of your comments here writing continually about Akenzua and crying repeatedly over his actions and inactions confirm that he is very influential even after death. The memory of an inconsequential buffon would not so much preccupy a "sane" person. By your logic even Zik too must have therefore been an inconsequential buffon for later defecting to Gowon's side against Ojukwu.

Ironically it is the Igbos that have today actually become the slaves and sixth class citizens of the Biarewanistan Republic Zik laboured hard to build by aligning with the Islamist Core-North as Igbos remain most irrelevant in Nigeria's affairs now so much that Igbos, despite being a majority, have made themselves slaves of even the SS which is a collection of formerly relatively insignificant minorities. Haven't you ever wondered why Igbos now so much attach themselves like leech to the SS which they initially did not give a damn about while Nigeria was being run in the context of Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo? Which other majority is so much attaching itself to minorities the way Igbo currently does to the SS? It is not News if a minority is seeking relevance by attaching itself to a majority. But it becomes news when a majority seeks relevance by attaching itself to minorities. That should tell you that Igbos are the only real slaves in Nigeria.

A Yoruba man created NCNC and at the time of his departure handed it over to Zik in a show of detribalized politicking. But when it was time for Zik to hand the party over, rather than give it to the Niger Delta or any other Southern minority to continue with the detribalized legacy Macaulay left behind, he gave it to an Igbo like himself and turned the whole party to an Igbo party while still chanting "one Nigeria". As at the time the Midwestern Region was created Zik and Balewa were already at daggers drawn. Moreover Zik's position in government was figurehead and 100% ceremonial thus powerless and so could not have influenced the creation of Midwest let alone install Osadebey.

The COR thing was never put to vote because Okpara used his powers as premier to deprecate it. The indegens' joy and acceptance that greeted the creation of Rivers State and South Eastern State (now cross river and Akwa Ibon) confirms that the COR region would have had its way if it were ever put to referendum the same way Midwest had a landslide when tested. In fact the Midwest landslide scared Okpara and NCNC into preventing the COR region referendum test.

Wilkins Report and reality on ground are two different things. Was it not the same Colonial masters reports that fraudulently gave more population to the North in order to give them perpetual leverage over the South and which Zik fell for in his blind "One-Nigeria" quest?

Really? Tell me more! [Igbos' fraudulent ways of reasoning and double standards again. What is mayorship of a single town compared with a whole region's premier to whom even that mayor will be subject? You people obviously think you are smart while others are kids and fools. Why not first make that Fulani man or even an Edo or Yoruba man your premier in the East before Zik came to seek premier of the West? You want to exchange a rat for a grasscutter by claiming that mayorship and premiership are of the same value. Very funny! And that's why every other tribe sees you people as very dishonest and dubious. Unfortunately you have forgotten that a lot of Igbos were voted into the Western House by yorubas, and that the post of a single mayor of a town is not at all comparable with that of elected MPs in a regional assembly in terms of power and influence. How many Yorubas occupied seats in the Eastern Regional Assembly?

I thought you already said Igbankes were very stupid for deciding by themselves to remain in Edo for fear of Asaba domination during the splitting of Bendel? So how come you have changed tune again to your claim above that they are seeking freedom from Edo "despotic reign"? Where do a people seeking freedom from despotic reign stupidly (according to you) choose to remain back when an opportunity came? You are simply confused and inconsistent. After Osadebey Edos welcomed an Igbanke man (Ogbemudia) as the next governor. In 1983 again Edos still voted freely for that same Igbanke man as governor, yet this one is here talking of Edo despotic reign over Igbanke. Keep swimming in your self-invented delusion.

[If Ojukwu actually did not support Ironsi's unification and anti-secession decrees and his failure to execute the coup plotters then what stopped him from resigning from the army in passive protest? Would the Ironsi (who could not punish Majors guilty of treason and coldblooded murders) have courtmartialled Ojukwu (A colonel) for peacefully and honourably resigning from the Army? Please save the story of military hierachy for the babe and suckling.

Trying to separate British subjects from British Empire! Do words have meaning to you at all? Benin Empire was mushroom yet it extended to present Dahomey and even after British attack and conquest the palace was re-organised and the Royal Dynasty continued. Where are the Nri Palaces now after British onslaught? Nri was not even Mushroom but toadstool kingdom.

You obviously don't know the difference between 'Islamic' and 'islamist'. The Yorubas had Islamic adherents and not islamists. Even Igbos had and still have indegenous Islamic (not Islamist) adherents in the Afikpo LGAs of Ebonyi State. Awo did not want to have any alliance with the Islamist core North thus his alliance with UMBC predated the parliamentary elections in which Zik left him in the lurch in preference for the islamists. While Awo and Enahoro went into the 1959 election with the non-islamist Makurdi based UMBC as an ally, Zik went into the election first with the Islamist Kano based NEPU and after the election went still further into a greater marriage with the larger Islamist Sokoto based NPC. So Awo's preference for the UMBC was far far before the 'alleged 'double game' which made Zik betray him for his Northern masters. So your defence is punctured.
On the double game issue: If Awo really did that, then Zik and Okpara would not have turned around just four years later to seek his hand in the UPGA merger which represented the All-south alliance which Zik earlier rejected. The mere fact that Zik ever sent Michael Okpara to Ibadan to court Awo's through Awo's wife for the UPGA alliance meant That Awo never played double game, or else Zik would not have sought his hand again for any form of alliance. However, while still serving the prison term Zik roped him into, Awo rejected Balewa's offer of freedom for him on the condition that he aligned his AG- with the Northcentric and Islamist NPC ahead of the 1964 elections, but forgave Zik from prison and ordered his AG loyalists to align with him for the all-South UPGA. Moreover it was Akintola who, in 1959, went to make a deal with Ahmadu Bello entirely out of his own volition since he (Akintola) had already been a friend of the NPC and a minister in the quasi-self government which the colonial masters put in place and headed by Balewa even before independence. Akintola knew that Awolowo's and Enahoro's anti-core-North stand was likely to strip him of his ministerial influence so, in order to preserve his friendship with the Islamist core North, he quickly went to Bello to propose an alliance between AG and NPC but without Awolowo's approval. Recall that Akintola later openly and repeatedly accused Awo of being responsible for Yorubas' absence in Balewa government's portfolios. Now, logically speaking, if it was really Awo that sent Akintola to Ahmadu Bello with that offer for an AG-NPC alliance then Akintola could never have later accused Awo of causing Yorubas' loss of portfolios to Igbos in Balewa's cabinet. He would have rather blamed Zik for snatching Balewa from him and would have refused to be used against Awo by Zik.

Gowon had the ultimate power and he did not eventually do the bidding of the Islamist Core-North, hence his overthrow by Murtala Mohammed. If Gowon was the Core-North's figure head he would not have released Awo and Enahoro - the arch enemies of the Core North.

Coker who headed the inquiry commission and that Yoruba justice were Akintola's loyalists and thus selected by Zik and Balewa because of their loyalty to Akintola. They did not choose neutral persons. Remember Zik and Balewa prevented Awo from bringing in his own lawyer to defend him?

While they were trying to break the Core North's strangehold on the South Zik and Igbos were satisfied with running anti-south errand for the Islamist Core North so as to remain their good boys.

It was political witch hunting. They were convicted criminals, yet Zik was so unprincipled to later seek UPGA alliance with them even while they were still serving the jail terms slammed on them by the very government Zik was part and parcel of. So Zik sought alliance with criminals indicted by his own government after appending his own signature to their jail order documents. Then what was Zik himself? Even Ojukwu too later sought support of the same "criminals" in his quest for freedom from Nigeria. Then something was wrong with Igbos.

The order by Gowon which released Awo also released Enahoro who was not in an Eastern Prison. So your arguement is invalid.
The NPC-NCNC evil coalition between Balewa and Zik sent Awo and Enahoro to jail. Stop trying to remove NCNC from it. Zik signed all the documents that pronounced Awo's jail term and Enahoro's. If Zik was not in support of the NPC's jailing of Awo and Enahoro, then why did he not resign from the government in protest?

Tiv riots happened while awo and Enahoro were in prison. How could they have planned and executed riots from jail? That makes it clear that their indictment on Tiv riots was as politically motivated as their indictment for the civilian coup. It was not diplomatic for Ironsi to release Awo and Enahoro whose coup was unsuccessful and hence took no life, but it was diplomatic for him to start releasing and transferring to Eastern Prisons' for safety the Igbo boys who actually killed Balewa, Bello, Maimalari, etc? May be diplomacy has a another meaning.

And what type of message did he send to the North by protecting from courtmartial the bloodthirsty Igbo coupists who actually later killed Balewa, Bello and Maimalari -the 3 leading lights of the North?

I have used superior logic to crush the double game allegation. Edo North has three tribes; Etsakos (<40% muslim), Akoko-Edos (98% Christians) and Owans (98% Christians). So Edo North muslim population is insignificant. There are also large Igbo muslim populations in Afikpo LGAs of Ebonyi and others in Enugu.

I have already punctured this double game claim with superior logic and chronology above.

Zik aligned with the Core North because, according to he himself with his own mouth; "...... an all-south alliance against the North would not augur well for national unity.......". But Awo and Enahoro aligned with the middle belt because they hated Ahmadu Bello's Born-to-rule sloganeering and the Core North's killing of Southerners already prior to that time.

If the Jan 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup then give us a list of Igbos killed by the coupists and make sure it is as long as the list of Yorubas and Northerners killed by them. That no foremost igbo politician or army officer was killed was not by sheer coincidence. It was an igbo coup. Fact!
What do you mean by " Igbos according to Zik had been destined by God to dominate Africa, and not Nigeria, you have comprehension issues"?
Is Nigeria not part of Africa? You have problem with Geography.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by 39xtr99r: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2016
"If-I'm-not-sure-I'll-make-it-alone-then-let-us-all-stick-together-and-see-if-we-could-make-it-together-in-a-jealous-tribalistic-wicked-painful-way.
- Deadlytrash

In all your useless theses and theories of absurdity you have failed to inform your readership that there was never a time the constituent parts of this country ever came together to write such a constitution, that began with "We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...". And that the so-called Nigerian constuition is itself a fraud foisted on the people by some greedy elements.

You're not bothered that this country is an expired entity. You're not concerned about the maiming and wanton destruction of lives and properties going on in the Middle-belt and South for decades now unabated. You're not at all bothered that the marauders are having a field day in your domain, unchallenged by the Uneme-Nekhua people and their ass-licking elites.

You have consistently failed to highlight the contributions of the Unemes to this country. Till date you have not been able to list the Uneme-Nekhua elites that mattered during pre-independence/independence era.

Whether you like it or not, the eternal portion of the Uneme-Nekhua people remains with your Fulani masters. No amount of blackmail and silly rants by an inconsequential Uneme-Nekhua minion can stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

Let it be clear to the Unemes and their cotravellers that the Igbo Nation cannot continue to subsidise their vassalage, parasitism and obliviousness.

Igbos cannot afford to continue share a country with hypocrites parading as Uneme-Nekhua people on NL. The Igbo Nation are not willing to self-destruct with the deluded Uneme-Nekhua people".

By the reasoning of this ass-licking minion the Igbo army officer, Col Unegbe from Orlu, was killed by the so-called 'Igbo coup plotters".

By the interview conducted on Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole, 77, a Nigerian Military Officer of the Yoruba stock, fought on the side of Biafra during the ncivil war, the following lies were exposed:

1. Ojukwu was kind enough to give safe passage to Northerners and others to join the federal side while Easterners were being slaughtered in the North.

2. The lie that it was an Igbo coup 

3. The lie about soldiers starving civilian; it was civilians fed the Biafran troops.

https://www.nairaland.com/2854914/why-fought-side-ojukwu-biafra

Retired Lt. Fola Oyewole, 77, a Nigerian Military Officer of the Yoruba stock, fought on the side of Biafr* during the civil war. Before then, he was, because of the first coup 50 years ago, imprisoned in Lagos and in the Enugu but was released by Lt Col Ojukwu.

He wrote his own war account too, entitled “The Reluctant Rebel”, which joined other civil war narratives like ‘The Biafra Story’ (1969) by Frederick Forsyth, ‘Why We Struck’ (1981) by Adewale Ademoyega, ‘Sunset In Biafra’ (1975) by Elechi Amadi, ‘The Nigerian Revolution And the Biafran War’ (1980) by Alexander Madiebo among others.

In this interview with Ademola Adegbamigbe and Femi Anjorin (Idowu Ogunleye snapped the photos), the retired army officer narrated what happened during the first coup, his participation in it and why he, despite being Yoruba, fought on the side of Biafra like other non Igbo officers like Lt Col. Victor Banjo, Major Wale Ademoyega and others.

Q: In what area did you take part in that coup?

A: Arrest, seize facility and others…

Q: You were at a point, according to your book, with Captain Adeleke, another Yoruba soldier, who was he?

A: He was a colleague. He is the one who said he wanted to consult the family and we were friends, we both worked in Apapa before the crisis.

Q: I want you to describe what happened to other Yoruba people or non Igbo who fought on the Biafran side – Lt Col. Victor Banjo, Major Wale Ademoyega, then Major Kaduna Nzeogwu an Igbo from Opanam in Delta?

A: They were detained like myself, and Nzeogwu was detained, that was a common factor.

Q: In the book, you applaud Ojukwu’s performance in Aburi, explain to us what actually happened because there is this argument that he bamboozled Gowon

A: If you listen to the Aburi accord or the proceedings as a whole, you will duff your cap for Ojukwu whether he is a villain or whatever you want to call him, call him. He really dictated the pace of the discussion, he was prepared for it, he kind of put together all the things and if you listen, the moment he started talking, others kept quiet and when he finished, they will say ok ok ok. To give you a full grasp of what the theme was, you need to read the comment of the super perm sec who led us to were we are today.

Q: Was it Philip Asiodu?

A: The group – Asiodu, and the rest. Their recommendations, what they brought back from Aburi was agreed to be implemented but when they came here they tore it into pieces/.

Q: Ok, was after the agreement was signed in Aburi? They came back to Nigeria….

A: To put it in whatsoever you can say political implementation. They desired to analyse it, it was an agreement not suggestion, that’s where our problem sort of started.

If you listen to the Aburi accord or the proceedings as a whole, you will duff your cap for Ojukwu whether he is a villain or whatever you want to call him, call him. He really dictated the pace of the discussion, he was prepared for it, he kind of put together all the things and if you listen, the moment he started talking, others kept quiet and when he finished, they will say ok ok ok. To give you a full grasp of what the theme was, you need to read the comment of the super perm sec who led us to were we are today.

Q: Kindly let us into what the agreement was? Because there was this talk of confederation, federation…And some critics said that was where Ojukwu bamboozled Gowon…

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of the January 15, 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-e
Re: Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS by Deadlytruth(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
@63xtr36, your are either an ignoramus or a shameless liar. The London Conference of 1957 produced a "We the people" constitution at the end of the exercise because it was drafted by purely civilians drawn from all the parties (AG, NPC, NCNC, NDC, OIL, IPP, OE, UMBC, etc) in their capacities as representatives of each and every federal constituencies or their equivalents then. You can watch it on you-tube as videos don't lie. We actually started with that "We the people" constitution in 1960. It only began to veer off the status of a "we the people" constitution when Aguyi Ironsi unilaterally began to tamper with it in 1966 claiming he (despite being barely educated) knew more than the celebrated graduates of world prestigious universities who sat down and took the pains to rub minds and make well thought out inputs into it. Aguyi Ironsi did that nonsense when no single member of the public demanded constitution review. Very daft and stupid man!

I have already thrashed the other issues you keep on repeating.

The mere fact that you believe SLS's claim that Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria exposes your shallow intellectual ability. If you had read that SLS' write up between the lines and were intelligent enough you would have observed the following hypocrisies in it:

1. That he laboured hard to impress his foolish readers like you by replaying history to indict yorubas as the problem of Nigeria, but he did not spare a single line to condemn his own Hausa-Fulani brothers who, in the circumstances of those events, would always ironically kill Igbos and leave unharmed the Yorubas who were the problem according to him. How daft and slow in reasoning you are! Can't you see that an uneducated goro chewing Fulani man has fooled you again with all your acclaimed Biafra intellect?
2. In his account SLS cleverly left out the part of Nigeria's history from 1914 to 1960 but just jumped into the middle and started from 1962. You obviously are not intelligent enough to observe that he deliberately left out the events of 1914 to 1960 because that is the part that actually indicts his own Hausa-fulani brothers who within that period (1945 and 1953) began to slaughter southerners, mostly Igbos, without provocation and within the same period also introduced the born-to-rule philosophy and Northernization agenda which actually laid the remotest foundation for the mutual tribal distrust which later instigated all the Awolowo coup, Nzeogwu coup, etc. Why did he leave out where his own brothers started sowing the seeds of born-to-rule? Even within the period he captured in his account it was his brothers that started the whole problem by rigging the census of 1962 which led to a chain of events that caused serious political instability and eventually culminated in a bloody coup. The man did not mention any of these and a fool like you quickly bought into it just because it carries an anti-Yoruba headline even though he also bashed Igbos in it and suggested that they were the most stupid of all.

The same SLS just two months ago reversed himself in a book launch at which he delivered a speech in which he asserted that "Any body who still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani does not love Nigeria". That he did not include Igbos in the tribes he listed in that self reversal might even mean that he has over time come to believe that Igbos are the problem of Nigeria. A man so inconsistent is your lecturer, mentor and oracle? You sincerely deserve pity. Sorry for you!
Igbos will continue to be fooled and tossed up and down in this country by all other tribes.

See the speech below and read it carefully.
I placed in capital letters the part where he reversed himself.

The former Central
Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,
surprised guests present at the Muson
Centre for the launching of the book of Sir
Olaniwun Ajayi.
Below is his unedited speech.
“Let me start by saying that I am Fulani
(laughter). My grandfather was an Emir and
therefore I represent all that has been
talked about this afternoon. Sir Ajayi has
written a book. And like all Nigerians of his
generation, he has written in the language
of his generation.
“My grandfather was a Northerner, I am a
Nigerian. The problem with this country is
that in 2009, we speak in the language of
1953. Sir Olaniwun can be forgiven for the
way he spoke, but I cannot forgive people of
my generation speaking in that language.
“Let us go into this issue because there are
so many myths that are being bandied
around. Before colonialism, there was
nothing like Northern Nigeria, Before the
Sokoto Jihad, there was nothing like the
Sokoto caliphate. The man from Kano
regard himself as bakane. The man from
Zaria was bazazzage. The man from Katsina
was bakatsine. The kingdoms were at war
with each other. They were Hausas, they
were Muslims, they were killing each other.
“The Yoruba were Ijebu, Owo, Ijesha, Akoko,
Egba. When did they become one? When
did the North become one? You have the
Sokoto Caliphate that brought every person
from Adamawa to Sokoto and said it is one
kingdom. They now
said it was a Muslim North.
“The Colonialists came, put that together
and said it is now called the Northern
Nigeria. Do you know what happened? Our
grand fathers were able to transform to
being Northerners. We have not been able
to transform to being Nigerians. The fault is
ours.
Tell me, how many governors has South
West produced after Awolowo that are role
models of leadership? How many governors
has the East produced like Nnamdi Azikiwe
that can be role models of leadership? How
Many governors in the Niger Delta are role
models of leadership? Tell me. There is no
evidence statistically that any part of this
country has produced good leaders.
You talk about Babangida and the economy.
Who were the people in charge of the
economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae,
Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in
the North?
“We started the banking reform; the first
thing I heard was that in Urobo land, that
there will be a curse of the ancestors. I said
they (ancestors) would not answer. They
said why? I said how many factories did
Ibru build in Urobo land? So, why will the
ancestors of the Urobo people support her?
“We talk ethnicity when it pleases us. It is
hypocrisy. You said elections were rigged in
1999, Obasanjo and Maurice Iwu rigged
election in 2007. Was it a Southern thing? It
was not. “The problem is: everywhere in this
country, there is one Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba
and Itshekiri man whose concern is how to
get his hands on the pile and how much he
can steal.
Whether it is in the military or in the civilian
government, they sit down, they eat
together. In fact, the constitution says there
must be a minister from every state.
“SO ANYBODY THAT IS STILL PREACHING THAT THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS YORUBA OR HAUSA OR FULANI, HE DOES NOT LOVE NIGERIA." (Capital letters mine). The
problem with Nigeria is that a group of
people from each and every ethnic tribe is
very selfish. The poverty that is found in
Maiduguri is even worse than any poverty
that you find in any part of the South.
The British came for 60 years and Sir Ajayi
talked about few numbers of graduates in
the North (two at independence) . What he
did not say was that there was a
documented policy of the British when they
came that the Northerner should not be
educated. It was documented. It was British
colonial policy. I have the document. I have
published articles on it. That if you educate
the Northerner you will produce progressive
Muslim intellectuals of the type we have in
Egypt and India. So, do not educate them. It
was documented. And you say they love us
(North).
“I have spent the better part of my life to
fight and Dr. (Reuben) Abati knows me. Yes,
my grandfather was an Emir. Why was I in
the pro-democracy movement fighting for
June 12? Is (Moshood) Abiola from Kano ?
Why am I a founding director of the Kudirat
Initiative for Nigerian Development (KIND)?
“There are good Yoruba people, good Igbo
people, good Fulani people, good Nigerians
and there are bad people everywhere. That
is the truth. “Stop talking about dividing
Nigeria because we are not the most
populous country
in the world. We have all the resources that
make it easy to make one united great
Nigeria. It is better if we are united than to
divide it.
“Every time you talk about division, when
you restructure, do you know what will
happen? In Delta Area, the people in Warri
will say Agbor, you don’t have oil. When was
the Niger Delta constructed as a political
entity? Ten years ago, the Itshekiris were
fighting the Urobos. Isn’t that what was
happening? Now they have become Niger
Delta because they have found oil. After, it
will be, if you do not have oil in your village
then you cannot share our resources.
“There is no country in the world where
resources are found in everybody’s hamlet.
But people have leaders and they said if you
have this geography and if we are one state,
then we have a responsibility for making
sure that the people who belong to this
country have a good nature.
“So, why don’t you talk about; we don’t have
infrastructure, we don’t have education, we
don’t have health. We are still talking about
Fulani. Is it the Fulani cattle rearer or is
anybody saying there is no poverty among
the Fulani?”, he said.
This is a great message to our generation.
Are we truly ready to develop and unite
Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. / The Mercedes-benz Fayose Rode To Olukayode Stadium During His Swearing In 2014 / Dino Melaye At The Nottinghill Carnival In London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 310
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.