Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,182 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (31475 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by predatorX: 12:26am On Jun 19, 2016
sade1994:

U are too aggressive.
94 is not my year of birth... .
If I should come here on nl now to say how parents are hindering my marriage to my ibo bf.... Na una go say.. ..na only ibo boys dey this world? Na by force to marry him? Go against ur parents at ur own detriment.. .and so on and so forth.. ..so plzzz.. .u and I know it's not easy as it seems..

Sorry for the perceived aggression. If everyone listened to their parents do you think we would ever get married to the ones we love?
Mothers biff with prospective daughter-in-law doesn't stop a man from standing his ground.
You ask them why they don't want you to marry your heart's desire and you would see the shame in their eyes when trying to paint their hypocrisy.
In the end, it's gon boil down to a story of what happened to their uncle's-sister's-friends-grandchild that they are trying to protect you from.
The overbearing and overprotective natural instincts of parents.
If the gee dey represent wella, no let your parents mess you up, if not, kiss his ass good bye. What am I trying to say - decision power is with you, not your parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by predatorX: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2016
girl4rmspace:

but horses dont talk

Then let us hear from the PARROTS mouth. tongue
girl4rmspace:

but horses dont talk

Then let us hear from the PARROTS mouth.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 12:41am On Jun 19, 2016
predatorX:

Sorry for the perceived aggression. If everyone listened to their parents do you think we would ever get married to the ones we love?
Mothers biff with prospective daughter-in-law doesn't stop a man from standing his ground.
You ask them why they don't want you to marry your heart's desire and you would see the shame in their eyes when trying to paint their hypocrisy.
In the end, it's gon boil down to a story of what happened to their uncle's-sister's-friends-grandchild that they are trying to protect you from.
The overbearing and overprotective natural instincts of parents.
If the gee dey represent wella, no let your parents mess you up, if not, kiss his ass good bye. What am I trying to say - decision power is with you, not your parents.

Thanks bro.. ..God bless
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:

Oh my gosh....I really enjoyed everybit.Thanking you for talking a little sense into him.Initially I thought you wouldn't do that coz he asked you out first but thank God you did coz I would have asked you to go back,search for him and speak sense into him........The part that pained me most is the part he will be in school taking lectures and will call someone cooling off at her lodge to know if she's outside or not.Slave trade-relatuonship ..lolz and the girl fvck up full time,ouch....don't even wana talk about her coz I will spit venom
Lol. You can't blame the girl too, she's a gentle girl, you know some people are too gentle to a fault. And as for I don't because of benefits hide the truth. If you won't help me because I am telling you the truth then get the hell of. That's my policy, I watch some people hide under the umbrella of I don't want issues with anybody and then they see a wrong thing and then keep quiet but me I will politely tell you that you're wrong. but you know if you bring issues like that to nairaland some nairalanders will still support him. Sometimes when I read comments of some nairalanders I begin to wonder where it went wrong with them but you know it's a free world and we are all entitled to our opinions. I couldn't take it and I told him off. To start with why would you slap and beat up your younger sister in a public place for crying out loud I told him that day if I was the sister, I wouldn't take such from him, such a man will do worse to his wife in public. I have seen brothers who treat their sisters like gold, even here on this nairaland sef, so what are we talking about? Happy Sunday dearie.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 12:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Lol. You can't blame the girl too, she's a gentle girl, you know some people are too gentle to a fault. And as for I don't because of benefits hide the truth. If you won't help me because I am telling you the truth then get the hell of. That's my policy, I watch some people hide under the umbrella of I don't want issues with anybody and then they see a wrong thing and then keep quiet but me I will politely tell you that you're wrong. but you know if you bring issues like that to nairaland some nairalanders will still support him. Sometimes when I read comments of some nairalanders I begin to wonder where it went wrong with them but you know it's a free world and we are all entitled to our opinions. I couldn't take it and I told him off. To start with why would you slap and beat up your younger sister in a public place for crying out loud I told him that day if I was the sister, I wouldn't take such from him, such a man will do worse to his wife in public. I have seen brothers who treat their sisters like gold, even here on this nairaland sef, so what are we talking about? Happy Sunday dearie.
But don't you think something promoted those action of his ...just imagine,slapping your sis on the road and you're very proud and bold to say it.He will defiantly turn his wife to punch bag .....To be frank with you my sisters are my priority in life(most especially my cousins coz all my sis are older than I am) I do tell me elder sister though she's married,she's still under my care....Sometimes my friends in school do ask "Guy you sure say na your sis,abi na your chick" that's coz there's always this love thing whenever we talk on phone...... I cherish my sisters biko

lolz.....Same to you honey.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:

But don't you think something promoted those action of his ...just imagine,slapping your sis on the road and you're very proud and bold to say it.He will defiantly turn his wife to punch bag .....To be frank with you my sisters are my priority in life(most especially my cousins coz all my sis are older than I am) I do tell me elder sister though she's married,she's still under my care....Sometimes my friends in school do ask "Guy you sure say na your sis,abi na your chick" that's coz there's always this love thing whenever we talk on phone...... I cherish my sisters biko

lolz.....Same to you honey.
That's good of you jare, that's love and it starts from the family. My mum doesn't fail to remind me and my siblings that we are one and we should always learn to be there for each other and be supportive and now we love each other so much that when she scolds one of us unjustly (you know mothers sometimes now, lol) all of us will support that victim oooooo, we wouldn't support her when it comes to that. I think it starts from our parents, I have a friend who told us in school that if his mum is sick and she didn't tell their dad in plain words that honey/Daddy(whichever is their case lol), I think I am feeling sick then she(their mum) is on her own, he (their dad) wouldn't say sorry to her but he would provide money and send one of the kids to get drugs and every other necessary things for their mum to feel better but he wouldn't say sorry cos she didn't tell him and I was like ehn ehn and then this friend of mine and his elder brother said they intend to practice such with their future wives because they believe in their dad's principles. But I told my friend they are preparing for failed marriages because their mum took it in good faith does not mean young ladies of this age and time will take such a theory. Mass dey this morning ooooo and I never sleep, what are you doing awake sef?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 1:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

That's good of you jare, that's love and it starts from the family. My mum doesn't fail to remind me and my siblings that we are one and we should always learn to be there for each other and be supportive and now we love each other so much that when she scolds one of us unjustly (you know mothers sometimes now, lol) all of us will support that victim oooooo, we wouldn't support her when it comes to that. I think it starts from our parents, I have a friend who told us in school that if his mum is sick and she didn't tell their dad in plain words that honey/Daddy(whichever is their case lol), I think I am feeling sick then she(their mum) is on her own, he (their dad) wouldn't say sorry to her but he would provide money and send one of the kids to get drugs and every other necessary things for their mum to feel better but he wouldn't say sorry cos she didn't tell him and I was like ehn ehn and then this friend of mine and his elder brother said they intend to practice such with their future wives because they believe in their dad's principles. But I told my friend they are preparing for failed marriages because their mum took it in good faith does not mean young ladies of this age and time will take such a theory. Mass dey this morning ooooo and I never sleep, what are you doing awake sef?
Very vital point...it starts from our parents.Just like I said before maybe something promoted that your girls friend to behave like that judging by the case of the guys who wants to take after their Dad's behaviour when they marry. Just two days ago,I called home "Dad,how're you people doing,how's your wife doing??" Dad "My dear we are fine oo,your mum nearly dies yesterday night,I was so worried.."

Bae,if I can treat my girlfriend/wife like my Dad does, I will be an Excellent hubby.This man has never for once raised his hands on me not to talk of my Mum..
Coincidentally today is father's day..lol
Happy Father's day to my Icon and all the wonderful men out there....*grins*

Can't even tell why am still awake...its now a habit to roam the net while others are asleep..

If you don't mind,we could chat on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by MrCEO69(m): 2:00am On Jun 19, 2016
mysticgal:

It's my imagination na sad

lol didn't see that part. Happy Dads day
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 4:27am On Jun 19, 2016
girl4rmspace:

that depends. There are people i know today who i wasnt physically attracted to. Yet we became friends.
I mean when it has to do with the heart and feelings.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2016
VocalWalls:
Only those who are married and rejected a proposal should comment.

I see people commenting and hoping they get the chance again. undecided

I swear... I laughed hard...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:29am On Jun 19, 2016
iykedare:

Someone proposed to you? Ahhhh,wonders shall never end.

You knocked Ishilove out cold... grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:38am On Jun 19, 2016
pweeryambre:
wanted to say yes but he was so broke/poor and with no job or anything and somehow he believed in miracles. I just couldn't see our future together... I politely declined.

Watch out for the part two of this movie... ending in a tragedy for someone... as we all know that later... the said bobo hammered big time leaving someone to lick someone's wound...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:41am On Jun 19, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I know u will be a very strict lady during your days as a mod. The way u press the ban button clearly shows u have no man shining the Congo. Hmmm smh undecided

Nairaland no go kill me... I swear... that's a way to describe her... you know how many times she ban me...?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:47am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:
Someone asked mto marry him,and I said no... because I knew he hadn't gotten over his ex and there were some behaviors that I wanted put in check and since we had a long complicated history(and we know each other like the back of our hands)I wanted to be sure that I wasn't an option B. Few weeks Later, we had a slight misunderstanding and he went back to that Ex. I felt bad at first but now I'm happy I made a wise decision.

If you'd ask me... you pushed him away... because now you're his ex... and single... you're inevitably his side chick... you'll deny this statement but it is actually a fact... you say you know each other like the back of your hands yeah...?! #Cheerio...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:50am On Jun 19, 2016
Blade21:
exactly I loved him a lot but he wasn't spiritual that was y I said no for that many times but thank God we are married now I would have regretted losing him he's a really great man

And he's still not spiritual...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
See
yetseyi:
A young minister in church proposed 8 weeks after he lost his wife (his wife died some weeks to their 1year anniversary)

Of course I rejected. I was tempted to remind him that he should still be mourning but I guess I didnt want to state the obvious and rub salt on the wounds(thats if he was even hurting)

I am still in shock that someone can propose to another woman just weeks after he lost his "newly wedded" wife

Some people sha angry

He even still had the guts to tell someone to please talk to me that my response was unfavorable. I was like seriously?

Na there I para well well angry

He ended up calling to apologise.

he just wanted to fork u.... That guy prick go dey red well well..... Maybe Na him kill him wife sef...

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iPopAlomo(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

My dear, I think it's awkward when someone tries to enforce it, I believe in things happening at will and not by force, if you feel up to it, do it, if you don't, voice out. And in her case, she couldn't deal with it because she says the man is a control freak. Corrections will be accepted but with good points sir. Thank you.

I no wan interfere but at this point...

I'm the first son... my mum had me early... and then she use to call my dad by his first name... for example... if my dad's name is Ayodeji which it is not... she called him Ayo... by the time I could talk... I called my own father by his first name... Ayo... imagine if my grandma came visiting at that moment...?!

without much ado... my mum corrected herself... even if she calls him Ayo... a fifth ear would never hear...

And this is a true story...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
doll912:
Someone asked mto marry him,and I said no... because I knew he hadn't gotten over his ex and there were some behaviors that I wanted put in check and since we had a long complicated history(and we know each other like the back of our hands)I wanted to be sure that I wasn't an option B. Few weeks Later, we had a slight misunderstanding and he went back to that Ex. I felt bad at first but now I'm happy I made a wise decision.

Why would a guy treat you as such,when you damn beautiful
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ugochukwu122(m): 7:09am On Jun 19, 2016
cry
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2016
undecided
iykedare:
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself
lol here is my own I proposed here on Nairaland and she said yessssssss undecided
iykedare:
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself
lol here is my own I proposed here on Nairaland and she said yessssssss
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Using precise illustrations, outline the correlation between online bans and offline Congo shining.

Why u no buy higher education and biro wey i go take write the essay undecided

Mrs Anner banner undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by girl4rmspace(f): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2016
jopretty:
I mean when it has to do with the heart and feelings.

ok answer this. An ugly guy with a good heart or a handsome guy with a not so good heart. Which would you go for?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
iPopAlomo:

I no wan interfere but at this point...

I'm the first son... my mum had me early... and then she use to call my dad by his first name... for example... if my dad's name is Ayodeji which it is not... she called him Ayo... by the time I could talk... I called my own father by his first name... Ayo... imagine if my grandma came visiting at that moment...?!

without much ado... my mum corrected herself... even if she calls him Ayo... a fifth ear would never hear...

And this is a true story...
I get your point but there are other names a young woman can call her young husband except "daddy".
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:

Very vital point...it starts from our parents.Just like I said before maybe something promoted that your girls friend to behave like that judging by the case of the guys who wants to take after their Dad's behaviour when they marry. Just two days ago,I called home "Dad,how're you people doing,how's your wife doing??" Dad "My dear we are fine oo,your mum nearly dies yesterday night,I was so worried.."

Bae,if I can treat my girlfriend/wife like my Dad does, I will be an Excellent hubby.This man has never for once raised his hands on me not to talk of my Mum..
Coincidentally today is father's day..lol
Happy Father's day to my Icon and all the wonderful men out there....*grins*

Can't even tell why am still awake...its now a habit to roam the net while others are asleep..

If you don't mind,we could chat on whatsapp
Lol. Happy Father's Day to you, cos you are a potential father, if you're not yet one. How was Mass/Service today?
Please take after your Dad ooooo, he is a good man and a wonderful father. And when you start working and earning money and if you already earning don't ever forget your parents, cos they deserve our love.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by doll912(f): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
iPopAlomo:

If you'd ask me... you pushed him away... because now you're his ex... and single... you're inevitably his side chick... you'll deny this statement but it is actually a fact... you say you know each other like the back of your hands yeah...?! #Cheerio...

No, I didn't push him away. I wasn't single either. I was in a young relationship and he knew about it. We were friends even after we stopped dating years ago and we have helped each other in various aspects of life, that's why I say we know each other so well and That was the main reason why he wanted to marry me but, I realized that he wasn't over and ex. So when the marriage talk started jokingly till it got serious, I was skeptical. My only annoyance was that he was asking me for marriage and wooing his ex. You don't make options A to Z when u want to marry. You make a choice. It shows you know what you want.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
iPopAlomo:

And he's still not spiritual...
naa he's really better way better now he believes and acts in accordance to the word of God
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Lol. Happy Father's Day to you, cos you are a potential father, if you're not yet one. How was Mass/Service today?
Please take after your Dad ooooo, he is a good man and a wonderful father. And when you start working and earning money and if you already earning don't ever forget your parents, cos they deserve our love.
Thanks honey.....lolz am still far from being a father oo
Unfortunately I didn't go to church today.
how was your own service ??
Our parents deserves our care and love,we should always be proud of them.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:

Thanks honey.....lolz am still far from being a father oo
Unfortunately I didn't go to church today.
how was your own service ??
Our parents deserves our care and love,we should always be proud of them.
Mass was glorious. Thanks dear.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Uwelcm......You dodged my question **** Why??
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:
Sorry what question please?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by koolpope(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
viewflux:

When you see children, you will know by their comment
.....If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid,people like u have always made me to be curious abt how it was possible for some of the most stupid people in the world managed to win the race against 100,000 other sperms......pls receive sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Triplets After Six Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Lady calls out her babydaddy for doing Giveaway while his 3kids are hungry / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.