Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30762 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by macjireh: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
some gurls will be doing shakara because d bobo doesn't have a car yet, next tin they will discover they 40 with no husband.....

I once proposed to a girl who is outta relationship but she said she ain't convinced, don't know wat DAT means and she will be 29 ds year of which I know she will enter her 30's and still no guy will come cuz most guys will prefer younger ladies...... I'm sure she is waiting till I get a stable job and clean car....SMH

LADIES EHN, DEM NO KNOW WETIN DEM DEY FIND AT ALL..........
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Nothing wrong in it I just prefer my name. grin

Oh okay, each to his own grin
madridguy:
Nothing wrong in it I just prefer my name. grin

Oh okay, you see, each to his own.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
You be catholic?

Prettiepearlz:

Oh okay, each to his own grin
Oh okay, you see, each to his own.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Joshrob(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:
I rejected the first proposal coz he's from imo
Second coz he's from Rivers. .
Third coz he's a way older promiscuous lawyer and ibo

I just told them capital NO.. .no pretense nor game

I don't want any parent/family wahala.. ..

Dunno why maybe coz of where I live. ...i just don't meet the Yoruba guys I like. ... The few I've seen are not my type at all ....

Tribalism of the highest order..you want to meet a good yoruba man and you are staying in asaba abi.. U go old
Yoruba with there dirty and pretense character..hiss

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Adek15(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:

Dunno why maybe coz of where I live. ...i just don't meet the Yoruba guys I like. ... The few I've seen are not my type at all ....

hahahaha... afolasade!!! You know I just read ur comment at first and then I was like this comment should be made by someone I know...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ROZZAYY(f): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. The rosiest of the roset rozay, how are you? smiley
Joe am gud and u
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ikombe: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
mysticgal:

How many people I don date to get proposal. Abeg I am rocking singleness now tongue
singleness

Madam the earlier the better cheesy
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
You be catholic?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
You be catholic?

Yes, I am a Catholic.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by macjireh: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:

babe if I'm not mistaken, i suspect ur under 24, don't ask me how I know, I'm sharp....
Kk ur still young so d pressure is not yet on u and d guys coming ur way are still guys of ur age who have nutin yet, u stay in Asaba and want a Yoruba Guy (It go hard ooo)....If u must marry Yoruba go to ur Yoruba land. Lastly, ds days intertribal marriage is more fashionable because it gives u d opportunity to travel far and meet people with better reasoning. By so doing u can break d yolk of poverty....
INTERTRIBAL MARRIAGES ARE D GREATEST WEAPON TO FIGHT AGAINST POVERTY. (Na me dey tell u)

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Phalldhe: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Marriage proposal is just a specially customized communiqué (written or spoken or acted) with a view to inviting a desired opposite sex to a mutual journey of love, lack, abundance, intimacy, suffering, enjoyment, etc, and ultimately journey individually or even jointly to the great beyond after a period of time which can either be long or short.

My opinion on this issue is " If a lady turns down your proposal, don't be sad because there is over a million ladies out there who are better than her and are willing to accept your proposal" on the other hand, " there comes a time in the life of all insincere marriage proposal rejecters when they will not see the light of any proposal coming in their way, which will automatically move them to the stage of devising various extremely sensitive magnets such as Rounds of Prayer on the several mountains, spiritual baths, pancake accumulation, fasting, near prostitution, mastication of concoction , etc just to make at most one proposal come their way, of which they will gladly grab irrespective of their principles and what people will say".

Ladies: Sincerely think deep before rejecting that proposal.
Guys: Are you really prepared for the marriage? Sincerely prepare for the worst so that you can move forward.

Wishing all the singles all the best in life.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by joseph1832(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
Joe am gud and u
Very good my dear. smiley Never knew you were engaged, and I thought we were friends? grin Lol.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ROZZAYY(f): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Very good my dear. smiley Never knew you were engaged, and I thought we were friends? grin Lol.
lol I will only announce the wedding
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by joseph1832(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
lol I will only announce the wedding
Hmm. Okay oh. I'm sure I'd know and get an invite before you announce it? grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
ebudera:
Really so u re tribe selective? Sorry 2 say dis but hope it won't b too late,den u will ve 2 settle 4 someone u will have 2 pay 2 marry u

I'm not a tribalist.. ... but the way parents are Eh.. ..i can't fit shoUT.. .I'm sure uve come across some threads here whereby ladies are lamenting about how their ibo boyfriend's parents are hindering their marriages.. .

I don't wanna be a victim mehn

And my parents ?story for another day.. .
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ROZZAYY(f): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm. Okay oh. I'm sure I'd know and get an invite before you announce it? grin
y not na u go be father of the day
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by predatorX: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
missbronze:
Believe me, this is the best method. I use it too.

I just hope you know of all of them whom you got tired of asking, one was the perfect Mr. Right. Why go through friendship, romance and intimacy if you're not ready to go the whole nine yards.?

I see why there are so many senior ladies, with quite some desperation these days.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by joseph1832(m): 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
y not na u go be father of the day
LOL. I don hear you oh.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Honor to Mary.

Prettiepearlz:

Yes, I am a Catholic.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by predatorX: 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
macjireh:

babe if I'm not mistaken, i suspect ur under 24, don't ask me how I know, I'm sharp....
Kk ur still young so d pressure is not yet on u and d guys coming ur way are still guys of ur age who have nutin yet, u stay in Asaba and want a Yoruba Guy (It go hard ooo)....If u must marry Yoruba go to ur Yoruba land. Lastly, ds days intertribal marriage is more fashionable because it gives u d opportunity to travel far and meet people with better reasoning. By so doing u can break d yolk of poverty....
INTERTRIBAL MARRIAGES ARE D GREATEST WEAPON TO FIGHT AGAINST POVERTY. (Na me dey tell u)

Matured and correct man. I read her thrashy opinions about marriage and I definitely concur with you on the age defect.

She's just not ready.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Joshrob:

Tribalism of the highest order..you want to meet a good yoruba man and you are staying in asaba abi.. U go old
Yoruba with there dirty and pretense character..hiss

Oga calm down! I'm not a tribalist and I don't see any reason why u should start saying stuff like this about Yoruba.. .

I've never dated a Yoruba guy Sef just looking forward to it

I'm more attracted to ibo/south south guys than any other tribe. ... But I'm just trying to avoid problems when I'm ready to settle down due to rejection by spouse's family
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by predatorX: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:

I'm not a tribalist.. ... but the way parents are Eh.. ..i can't fit shoUT.. .I'm sure uve come across some threads here whereby ladies are lamenting about how their ibo boyfriend's parents are hindering their marriages.. .

Sade1994, na 94 dem born you, wetin you dey talk about marriage sef. Face your studies.

A guy loves you and instead of worrying about what the future holds for you both, you're worrying about the opinions of your parents who have done their time on earth. Maturity says you stand your grounds because it's you who's gonna be in the marriage for better or worse.
Parents' advice, friends' support and then you decide.

If in the end, ethnicity and tribalism could triumph over love, then it wasn't love after all.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
macjireh:

I'm not under 24....forget my moniker.. .
And yeah I'm looking forward to doing my nysc in the West, Godwilling!

Inter tribal marriages are cool.. .but how will one do about our parents?
Coz it's a general believe here in Nigeria that marriage without parent's blessings is a waste of time
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by macjireh: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:

Babe don't get urself worked up, since u want to go by what ur parents want, den they will find ur husband for u, simple!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by drnoel: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
montezz:

That girl is cruel... She get mind o. How is he {ur friend} now?

That was 10 years ago. He has moved on but it took him 6 good years to do so. The first year he was a shadow of his lively self. By the second year he was convinced all women are devils and daugthers of satan. By the 3rd year he was convinced he would never love again so be became one of the worst/most notorious players among our circle of friends and acquaintances. This he carried on into the 5th year. By the 6th year he had 3 baggages from 3 seperate baby mammas. By the 7th year one of them baby mammas i.e. the most accomplished managed to tie him down and thats the lady he is marrying now but he is still a notorious flirt and can't seem to know how to stop.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
predatorX:

Sade1994, na 94 dem born you, wetin you dey talk about marriage sef. Face your studies.

A guy loves you and instead of worrying about what the future holds for you both, you're worrying about the opinions of your parents who have done their time on earth. Maturity says you stand your grounds because it's you who's gonna be in the marriage for better or worse.
Parents' advice, friends' support and then you decide.

If in the end, ethnicity and tribalism could triumph over love, then it wasn't love after all.

U are too aggressive.
94 is not my year of birth... .
If I should come here on nl now to say how parents are hindering my marriage to my ibo bf.... Na una go say.. ..na only ibo boys dey this world? Na by force to marry him? Go against ur parents at ur own detriment.. .and so on and so forth.. ..so plzzz.. .u and I know it's not easy as it seems..

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by drnoel: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
pweeryambre:

How did your friend not suspect anything through out the wedding preparations until the wedding day... haba!

He did say he knew about the south african guy cos the gurl told him but he never suspected that they were still in contact. How could he have suspected? A lady he was constantly sleeping with. Besides he said he proposed to her and she agreed so he quickly did her wine carrying which she attended. Then they set up trad and the rest for a month later as the girl requested. So it wasnt a surprise wedding as someone suggested. If it didnt happen right before my eyes I would have doubted too.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by macjireh: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:

I'm not under 24....forget my moniker.. .
And yeah I'm looking forward to doing my nysc in the West, Godwilling!

Inter tribal marriages are cool.. .but how will one do about our parents?
Coz it's a general believe here in Nigeria that marriage without parent's blessings is a waste of time

lemme give u a little tip, IMO, asaba and Rivers people are freer, their parents won't mind u marrying their son, but make sure its not first son oo. Anambra are very tribalistic
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by tellwisdom: 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
bravitudenatura:

He's a religious person I wished we knack ourselves

undecided
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blunttalker: 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
sade1994:
I rejected first proposal coz he's from imo

Emancipate yourself... Na wa oooh
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Mcowubaba: 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
wendy241:
D guy dat proposed 2 mi was way 2 big 4 mi grin bt I say no d other guy dat came was short n ugly n I said wot d heck is diz na only mi una see grin[color=#006600][/color]
Lol..... Dey dia the wait 6pacs, Van Vicker specie grin cheesy
No old for papa house ooo angry

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
macjireh:

lemme give u a little tip, IMO, asaba and Rivers people are freer, their parents won't mind u marrying their son, but make sure its not first son oo. Anambra are very tribalistic

Noted sir

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Has Refused To Get Cure For Low-sperm Count - Advice Needed / 2 Missing Kids Found In Kaduna (Photos) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.