Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30787 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Flips:
You have a good sense of humour.
Thanks kiss
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Mcowubaba: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I know u will be a very strict lady during your days as a mod. The way u press the ban button clearly shows u have no man shining the Congo. Hmmm smh undecided
Hahahahahaha, Una no go kill person here oooo.....
Ishilove see evils na, but u too ban when u be mod ooo, u no get joy at all... My.nd44 dey learn work wia u dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by olive282(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
MicroBox:
Please ladies how can I know my woman finger size.. I want to propose to her without she having beforehand feeling of my intention.
thanks

Meet dose guys sellin it...introduce ur babe to him...let dem shake...he'l knw d size jst by lukin at her finger...wish u luck

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Honor to Mary.
Glory to Jesus.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by olive282(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
MicroBox:
Please ladies how can I know my woman finger size.. I want to propose to her without she having beforehand feeling of my intention.
thanks

Meet dose guys sellin it...introduce ur babe to him as a frnd...let dem shake...he'l knw d size jst by lukin at her finger...wish u luck

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by sade1994(f): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blunttalker:
Emancipate yourself... Na wa oooh

Easier said than done
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Really? Daddy? In this century? na wa oooooo. He is a traditional man, all those who will tell their wives to kneel with two legs when greeting them and serving them meals. Gosh, Daddy? awkward I say. Thank God you got out fast.
Thank God all my past girlfriends were like you......I hate that word "Daddy" from Bae......Even dudes that do call "mummy"

Oga don't you know where your mum is??
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Obowian:

Thank God all my past girlfriends were like you......I hate that word "Daddy" from Bae......Even dudes that do call "mummy"

Oga don't you know where your mum is??
Lolz, Omg, I couldn't stop laughing at this. I tire oooo, na he/she born you. Guys like the man can't call their wives mummy ooooo, instead they call them with their names and also with no bit of love in it. And to others I am not saying we shouldn't respect our hubby or boyfriend but let things fall into place itself and not enforce it. When you start having kids, you go hear the name Daddy sef he go tire you. Your wife calling you daddy doesn't mean she respects you and your wife calling you special names doesn't mean she doesn't respect you. You don't command respect instead you earn it.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
laraoge:
Is a proposal necessary even when u both know the goal of the relationship is marriage? Am confused....Does He still need to propose?

What happens to the proposal ring afterwards? Is the proposal ring used as the same wedding ring/engagement wedding ring? Pls enlighten me peeps!!

cc:thorpido
Ewuro4
Mindfulness

Some women think it's necessary, others not.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by kalus02: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Women still dey reject proposal 4 dis kind hard time guy no smile because moni no de? Me I hv like five women dat r waiting 4 me 2 jst say will u... And de will complete de question 4 me n den pack dia load come my house grin grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ishilove: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I know u will be a very strict lady during your days as a mod. The way u press the ban button clearly shows u have no man shining the Congo. Hmmm smh undecided
Using precise illustrations, outline the correlation between online bans and offline Congo shining.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by girl4rmspace(f): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
jopretty:
Used to have this friend oo and suddenly he asked me if I'd love to be his wife. I told him No reason being I don't want to have a child that'll look like him. grin

lol wicked. But you know in marriage its not about looks alone right?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Chuksemi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Using precise illustrations, outline the correlation between online bans and offline Congo shining.

Good evening ma, please do not be offended. I am your biggest fan, starting from Iyawo Nylon bag and the highpriestessofsoul blog. Kindly visit www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates and drop a review ma.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by girl4rmspace(f): 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

so you werent so sure about him before right?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by girl4rmspace(f): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
osborn442:
Lemme hear from the horses mouth...

but horses dont talk
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Chuksemi(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
mysticgal:

Thanks kiss

Dear, good evening. A fan needs your thoughts on this. www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by montezz(f): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
drnoel:

That was 10 years ago. He has moved on but it took him 6 good years to do so. The first year he was a shadow of his lively self. By the second year he was convinced all women are devils and daugthers of satan. By the 3rd year he was convinced he would never love again so be became one of the worst/most notorious players among our circle of friends and acquaintances. This he carried on into the 5th year. By the 6th year he had 3 baggages from 3 seperate baby mammas. By the 7th year one of them baby mammas i.e. the most accomplished managed to tie him down and thats the lady he is marrying now but he is still a notorious flirt and can't seem to know how to stop.
That's so pathetic.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by internetpo(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I loved him with my whole life but he wasn't spiritual the guy was a realist who believes in chance while me i was highly spiritual so that's y and the 4th time after our space I realised I couldn't stay without him I loved him so much and he worked on himself he's not all pastor but he believes in God now one day I just sent him a message like I miss you please don't call back and he called and that was it
lol u texted him not to call back
and he called back. chai. the two of u ar case. made for each other.

may God enrich ur marriage in Jesus name
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by LOZENGE(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
mummyson26:
Lol. This tread funny die, I know all the men on this tread go just dey open all the girls profile after they finish reading their story
you just did dat bro

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
girl4rmspace:

so you werent so sure about him before right?
yea
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
internetpo:
lol u texted him not to call back and he called back. chai. the two of u ar case. made for each other.
may God enrich ur marriage in Jesus name
hahaha amen oo
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yea, but you get attracted to someone due to the person's looks bfore getting to know abt the person's character, right?
girl4rmspace:

lol wicked. But you know in marriage its not about looks alone right?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dandeson1:
Na shiloh go end all this shakara grincheesy when you start to sweep shiloh ground yur eye go clear.
Shey you wan discover mongo park
guy, u made me laugh my heart out. U funny die!
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Dandeson1 post=46686371]Na shiloh go end all this shakara grincheesy when you start to sweep shiloh ground yur eye go clear.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mjshexy:
But why do some ladies keep the guy hanging on when they know the relationship has no future to them? This same guy probably would have rejected some other lady just because he wants to settle with you instead but at the end when he pops up the question, u blatantly turn him down. Hmm it's really a disgraceful & scary experience, wifey may have to propose to me instead..lol cheesy

...this shows you're still a learner about nija babes, even when they know they won't marry you they rather pretend and give the guy falls hope in order to continue milking him dry

..only when the guy decides to take it to the next level they will now abscond

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Mjshexy(f): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
carmag:

...this shows you're still a learner about nija babes, even when they know they won't marry you they rather pretend and give the guy falls hope in order to continue milking him dry

..only when the guy decides to take it to the next level they will now abscond
Hmmm it's well o
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Lolz, Omg, I couldn't stop laughing at this. I tire oooo, na he/she born you. Guys like the man can't call their wives mummy ooooo, instead they call them with their names and also with no bit of love in it. And to others I am not saying we shouldn't respect our hubby or boyfriend but let things fall into place itself and not enforce it. When you start having kids, you go hear the name Daddy sef he go tire you. Your wife calling you daddy doesn't mean she respects you and your wife calling you special names doesn't mean she doesn't respect you. You don't command respect instead you earn it.
Word........And the thing plenty where we guys are.Could remember when one of my guys was making call and was like "Mummy you know ..." me i was like "Dude respect yourself oo"

I no know why I hate that thing with passion .lol
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by just2okworld(f): 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad

You winked o grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by gallery0519(f): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
ifeanyija:
even ugly girls dey reject proposal smh
. Lol
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by girl4rmspace(f): 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
jopretty:
Yea, but you get attracted to someone due to the person's looks bfore getting to know abt the person's character, right?

that depends. There are people i know today who i wasnt physically attracted to. Yet we became friends.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:04am On Jun 19, 2016
Obowian:

Word........And the thing plenty where we guys are.Could remember when one of my guys was making call and was like "Mummy you know ..." me i was like "Dude respect yourself oo"

I no know why I hate that thing with passion .lol
Lol....... No be only you ooooo but if you talk some judgemental guys on nairaland will be quick to label you names that are not yours. Some guys are just too traditional for my liking. I had a Course mate and we were also project mates cos we had the same supervisor then has a girlfriend that calls him BT(she calls him that because the B stands for brother and the T stands for the first letter in his name), she had to improvise this name because a lot of people were telling her it's odd to be calling your bf ''brother'' in a university and to top it all something he even enforced on her and then when he gives her something or when she wants to give him something, she must kneel with her two legs to carry out any of the actions , that thing dey always pain me because the girl too gentle and I felt he was just taking advantage of her but na the guy be my friend (he once asked me out and since we were under the same supervisor our paths crossed more often so we became friends). I was always scolding him to stop the rubbish but the guy no dey gree oooo instead when I correct him he tells me he does that to his own sister too that he had once slapped his younger sister on a busy street in Lagos and all that and me no too dey like to dwell too much on person matter especially personal matter, I always looked at him and observed, it got so bad that he would call the girl while he is in class and would be asking the girl where she was, if the lady says she is in the hostel but outside, he would shout at her and order her to go inside, all this things dey always pepper me for body cos I am always like WTF, really? When no be say you don pay her bride price and she don turn wife but you know you have to know your limits and know when to draw the line, I always act like I am not conscious of my environment. The day I lambasted him was the day he came to complain to me about his girlfriend's younger sister saying she was rude to him then I gently asked T what her offence was and then he said she calls him by name and doesn't call him brother T, I was dumbfounded and I decided he needed someone to talk some sense into him, I was like who the hell do you think you are because your papa get money so what? and the girl in question isn't from a poor home pop. I lambasted him ehn to the extent that he didn't greet me the next day when we met at our supervisor's office, me sef no greet am I just dey look am(me sef stubborn small) but he later came around sha. Then the girl grew up, she dumped his sorry ass because she and her younger sister had to go join their parents abroad because the parents live there. I think he tried talking her out of going and the girl disagreed ( can you imagine that? so she should agree and disobey her parents?) and we went to print our write ups one day and then he said Kate can you believe she left me and travelled out? do you think she will be faithful? I just kept quiet and was just looking at him like mumu, I didn't even say a word because there was just nothing I had to say to him and I focused on the printing. If he can be that arrogant and stupid at this time of his life then there was nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Obowian: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Lol....... No be only you ooooo but if you talk some judgemental guys on nairaland will be quick to label you names that are not yours. Some guys are just too traditional for my liking. I had a Course mate and we were also project mates cos we had the same supervisor then has a girlfriend that calls him BT(she calls him that because the B stands for brother and the T stands for the first letter in his name), she had to improvise this name because a lot of people were telling her it's odd to be calling your bf ''brother'' in a university and to top it all something he even enforced on her and then when he gives her something or when she wants to give him something, she must kneel with her two legs to carry out any of the actions , that thing dey always pain me because the girl too gentle and I felt he was just taking advantage of her but na the guy be my friend (he once asked me out and since we were under the same supervisor our paths crossed more often so we became friends). I was always scolding him to stop the rubbish but the guy no dey gree oooo instead when I correct him he tells me he does that to his own sister too that he had once slapped his younger sister on a busy street in Lagos and all that and me no too dey like to dwell too much on person matter especially personal matter, I always looked at him and observed, it got so bad that he would call the girl while he is in class and would be asking the girl where she was, if the lady says she is in the hostel but outside, he would shout at her and order her to go inside, all this things dey always pepper me for body cos I am always like WTF, really? When no be say you don pay her bride price and she don turn wife but you know you have to know your limits and know when to draw the line, I always act like I am not conscious of my environment. The day I lambasted him was the day he came to complain to me about his girlfriend's younger sister saying she was rude to him then I gently asked T what her offence was and then he said she calls him by name and doesn't call him brother T, I was dumbfounded and I decided he needed someone to talk some sense into him, I was like who the hell do you think you are because your papa get money so what? and the girl in question isn't from a poor home pop. I lambasted him ehn to the extent that he didn't greet me the next day when we met at our supervisor's office, me sef no greet am I just dey look am(me sef stubborn small) but he later came around sha. Then the girl grew up, she dumped his sorry ass because she and her younger sister had to go join their parents abroad because the parents live there. I think he tried talking her out of going and the girl disagreed ( can you imagine that? so she should agree and disobey her parents?) and we went to print our write ups one day and then he said Kate can you believe she left me and travelled out? do you think she will be faithful? I just kept quiet and was just looking at him like mumu, I didn't even say a word because there was just nothing I had to say to him and I focused on the printing. If he can be that arrogant and stupid at this time of his life then there was nothing to say.
Oh my gosh....I really enjoyed everybit.Thanking you for talking a little sense into him.Initially I thought you wouldn't do that coz he asked you out first but thank God you did coz I would have asked you to go back,search for him and speak sense into him........The part that pained me most is the part he will be in school taking lectures and will call someone cooling off at her lodge to know if she's outside or not.Slave trade-relatuonship ..lolz and the girl fvck up full time,ouch....don't even wana talk about her coz I will spit venom

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl / Photo Of A Beautiful Family Of 10 Children / At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.