Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30778 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
By telling them suitors that my fiance' (as he then was) father was a furious Army General who wouldn't hesitate to shoot any intruder LOL.
That would've only strengthened my resolve. I'll just be like: "Army General? Cool. Have you seen London has fallen? We should see it tomorrow".
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Odunharry(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself
As funny as it is, it's true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Mhustea: 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
hmmmm...making 13 today!
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by yetseyi(f): 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
Does he have to mourn forever. Anyways that's your opinion but the thing is the dead is dead. They don't even care really what the living are upto anymore - separate world. Some people get over the loss of someone when they are closer to people they find dearly.
p

Of course they dont have to mourn forever.

BUT

I do find it a bit strange to walk up to some one 8weeks after your newly wedded wife dies and say you re interested in marrying the person.

Thats strange really strange.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lightening:

When your crush was not forthcoming ni? Babe confess na
hahaha lemme joor
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Odunharry:
Lol.. some ladies are just confused.. they don't mean what they say most time..
Good you guys are happy together
lol maybe
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bigiyaro(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad
i like ur style, instead of breaking d hearts in one fell swop, u rather squeeze it gently, gradually n smoothly breaking it and at the same time making it look like u r doing nothing. Sharp girl. *winks*
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bigiyaro(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol
u r lucky, ur yanga nearly took u on a long tin.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
bigiyaro:
u r lucky, ur yanga nearly took u on a long tin.
lol
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by macaranta(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Following...watch as the lies come in
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bravitudenatura(f): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
tellwisdom:

Who go come continue from where he knack u reach?? sad

He's a religious person I wished we knack ourselves
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
thief
grin

Abeg prepare hot and spicy goat meat pepper soup for lunch. I dey come. No use plenty thyme, but allow the curry spread very well.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Acidosis(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
3verblazing:
lolcheesy
Lolcheesy
She hasn't responded, nawao
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Odunharry(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
lol maybe
lol.. maybe again..

ladies and maybe be like...

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by joseph1832(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
I was proposed to yesterday and I rejected by saying am sorry dear I can't marry you but am sure you will find someone who loves you and I will always be there for you as a friend.
reasons: the guy used to be my bf in uni, we broke up after sch and we haven't seen for like 3yrs but we talk on phone. we are just friends and he knows that am engaged to someone else and he just wakes up one morning and asks will you marry me? hell no!
LOL. The rosiest of the roset rozay, how are you? smiley
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Emeka71(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Truefederalism:
angry spreads mat. Let the lies flow in.

By the way, He didnt even propose, he forced me into marriage and I've kept asking for renegotiation.

Marriage is not by force naa. Make una help me tell Nigeria.
So you are now a babe(you can't be serious ) .
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by vikstandon(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

It's not evil o. I actually have a very soft heart and I just couldn't bring myself to say 'no' outrightly.

But I believe u weren't given him high hopes while sucking him dry... this one u placed him on a waiting list of "hold on"
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Odunharry:
lol.. maybe again..
ladies and maybe be like...
haha
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bravitudenatura(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself
Lol who's interested in him being rich. I left him cos I wasn't comfortable with him. I am okay in my own way too
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
MrCEO69:

so u were keeping him till he had to propose, why?!! Maybe the was reaching ur phone and ur bank acct.
It's my imagination na sad
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikombe:
like seriously

A damsel like you has no proposal yet undecided

EndTime angry

How many people I don date to get proposal. Abeg I am rocking singleness now tongue
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:

Sincere girls like you are hard to find.
Thank you very much kiss
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
liveshady:

if I catch u there!
Lol
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ishilove: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
drnoel:

Now thats evil and unfair but I bet I saw one most sinister than yours.

Was once men in suit for a pal of my cousin who was an architect. Guy was getting married to a babe he was dating for a few months. Organized a massive wedding to impress the bride. The bride didn't show up for her wedding but followed another nigger to South Africa. She scattered the niggers heart but we later heard why she refused. She had placed the guy on hold for years and had started dating the guy from what we heard out of pity. One would wonder what she and her sister meant by out of pity cos the 3-4/5 months she was dating the guy while waiting for her drug boyfriend in south Africa she was living in the guy's house, acting wife material. In the guys words which I believe cos I knew him pretty well, he was 4king her everyday. She didnt even drop a note or tried to explain, she just did an MIA on him.
I learnt a lesson that date. It just taught me as much as I love our naija sisters most of them gurls dont get loyality and not to be trusted. That doesn't mean we shouldn't love em. It just means in case of an eventuality don't break down. Men I saw a lively young man reduced to nothing on his own wedding day. Crying himself to pieces. It was left for us to pick up the pieces the girl had destroyed.
This is pure evil sad
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Maybe I like his sense of reasoning.
OduduaDefender:

But why befriend someone you wouldn't like to be associated with in the first place?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thanks dear but why are you angry?
goshen26:

u are saying he is ugly abi? no worry ur parent will soon post u on OLX.....wat a stupid reason
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by amtaken(f): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Research has shown that most cowards sound so tough online.

Haute:

That would've only strengthened my resolve. I'll just be like: "Army General? Cool. Have you seen London has fallen? We should see it tomorrow".

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Flips: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
You have a good sense of humour.
mysticgal:
The first person who proposed to me was Damn ugly, I couldn't help but say no.
Subsequent times, I just tell them to hold on or tell them I am not ready or just dish out one of my silly marriage philosophy cheesy

Last one that proposed was like " Mysticgal I love you, I dream about you and I feel you will be my suitable help meet, please marry me" see ring, looked sooo beautiful shocked so I just collected the ring. I didn't say yes, I didn't say no. The next day I returned it back and said "I had a bad dream, where I didn't come for the wedding ceremony". I dropped the ring and left.
Please Ignore the above post, it was all my imagination and I have no experience of any marriage proposal cool
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
Research has shown that most cowards sound so tough online.

So I'm a coward? Lol...really funny. Every human is capable of cowardice; but a few of us have the ability to effectively suppress fear 95% of the time. Gerrit? tongue
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nothing wrong in it I just prefer my name. grin

Prettiepearlz:

My brother, is it also wrong to use that for your spouse or what?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by JackBizzle: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad

Mrs Lie Mohammed! See how she is talking as if she got many proposals. Mtchew. Nairaland wooing is not proposal oo!!

By the way, wassap? I see that you have been a good girl and haven't been in any e-fights! I tamed you! I can't believe it. I changed you.

#tamingTheShrew
#shakespeare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl / Photo Of A Beautiful Family Of 10 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.