Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki (25133 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Why Fayose Should Not Enjoy Immunity For Alleged Corruption -SERAP / Why Do Our Governors Enjoy Immunity??... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by ayindejimmy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
SamMilla1:
They have a point
But I would prefer that non enjoys immunity.

the whole country voted for the president and his vice . to show you how important that position is.
how many people voted for the senate president answer?
less than 150.
moreover , its bad timing from Saraki
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by folks4luv(f): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
midolian:
Criminals too want to enjoy immunity... grin grin grin

Now, lemme ask.. If the legislooters enjoy immunity, when will they pay for their sins? Eg..David Mark was SP for 8yrs[if Buhari had not won election, he'ld still be there] and he has been in the Senate for over 16yrs...if we r to wait till he leaves the senate b4 dealing with him, it means we ll wait forever..cos this man wld love to be there till death says otherwise.

Plus, it has been observed with dismay that most of these governors, after spending 8yrs looting their state's treasury, tend "to seek asylum" in the Senate. For goodness sake, imagine these conglomerate of looters having immunity..just imagine it. Not even one of them(SP) is imaginable. angry angry

The Executive(Buhari & co) on the other hand can only be there for a maximum period of 8yrs after which they can pay for their crimes(if any).
the proposed immunity is not for all senators but for the senate president alone, remember that a senator must have served for at least four years to be qualified for a senate president, that is to say, a former governor cannot enjoy immunity for at least four years after leaving office.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by folks4luv(f): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
AlPeter:
there is NO POINT at all! Granting the Legislators immunity is same as saying once you are a legislator you can't be prosecuted for the rest of your life because some can spend 30years plus on the sit while the executive only has 8years max. The guy saraki is a thief looking for every avenue to escape.
calm down a bit, not once you are a senator, but once you are a senate president, 1 person out of 109 senators. plus if one can be a senator for life, can one be a senate president for life in a country like Nigeria?
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by folks4luv(f): 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
ayindejimmy:

the whole country voted for the president and his vice . to show you how important that position is.
how many people voted for the senate president answer?
less than 150.
moreover , its bad timing from Saraki
this is democracy, there is direct and indirect voting, indirectly, the whole country voted the leadership of N/A in. agree its a bad timing though.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by tee4naija(m): 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
fearless2014:

Comprehension problem
He said heads & not all of them, Mark was president for 8yrs alone.
He would still have been SP had GEJ won the election.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by spiralwedge(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
midolian:
Criminals too want to enjoy immunity... grin grin grin

Now, lemme ask.. If the legislooters enjoy immunity, when will they pay for their sins? Eg..David Mark was SP for 8yrs[if Buhari had not won election, he'ld still be there] and he has been in the Senate for over 16yrs...if we r to wait till he leaves the senate b4 dealing with him, it means we ll wait forever..cos this man wld love to be there till death says otherwise.

Plus, it has been observed with dismay that most of these governors, after spending 8yrs looting their state's treasury, tend "to seek asylum" in the Senate. For goodness sake, imagine these conglomerate of looters having immunity..just imagine it. Not even one of them(SP) is imaginable. angry angry

The Executive(Buhari & co) on the other hand can only be there for a maximum period of 8yrs after which they can pay for their crimes(if any).

You are wise. You remind me of the good old days om NL where real and intelligent ppl come to drop their one cents. 3 gbosas for u.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by linusbnn(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
fxskye:

But Saraki is also APC member as well. Is that also a witch-hunting to you PDP members?

APC do not see saraki as a member,even u
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
tomakint:

This is the first time I am reading something reasonable from you ... .wao, tell me what you have for breakfast
Hahahaha you're still upset I busted your lies about the Rolex. It's ok, let it go, nobody will remember in 48hrs if you don't keep going back to it.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by tomakint: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Hahahaha you're still upset I busted your lies about the Rolex. It's ok, let it go, nobody will remember in 48hrs if you don't keep going back to it.
Busted who? Stop being childish please, I have already answered you on my Rolex stuff. If you choose to play the wizard that is up to you. I owe you no affirmative response regarding your childish demand buddy undecided
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by bashydemy1: 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Yes, Let them all enjoy 'IMMUNITY'.

What is good for executhieves is good for legislathieves.
Them don release you from yaba left?
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by mikolo80: 6:17am On Jun 24, 2016
IykeChukz:
Granting Immunity to Legislative and Judiciary is to crown corruption... It'll be a shield for you corrupt and potential corrupt Leg/Jud thiefs.

For me, we're not ripe for it.

God, Make Buhari stronger because the forces are much in this Country.

then they too should only get two terms
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by mikolo80: 6:17am On Jun 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Of course my friend, Since one criminal (mumu the son of Hari) is enjoying it, another criminal (saratiff) should too.

There should be equality in government.
with only two terms for senators
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by mikolo80: 6:18am On Jun 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

The Senate voted for only two people.... Guess who?

Those are the ones that should enjoy immunity.
you're comparing 160,000,000 votes with 109
Na wa o
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by mikolo80: 6:19am On Jun 24, 2016
ademega:
they should start giving them joo. soon all minsters and legislature and judiciary would demand for immunity and gradually it would get to a person like me on the street and we shall all be immunised against crime we commit. good move I say.
'' the purge'' tins
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2016
mikolo80:
you're comparing 160,000,000 votes with 109
Na wa o
160 million my foot!.. Did they all vote?... Besides, those millions voted for the senators, The senators in turn voted for their principal officers.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by mikolo80: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:
160 million my foot!..
ah ah ah (weighing finger
don't shift goalpost

democracy
numbers

Did they all vote?...
yep they did Besides, those millions voted for the senators,
so glad to see you coming around The senators in turn voted for their principal officers.
we the ppl reserve tie right to overrule them and if they choose to lord it over Us ye Will hit the reset button (ak 47 et al)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Ahmad Tijani Muazu, The Man In Charge Of INEC Logistics / As Vice President You Can’t Waive Your Immunity, Lawyer Tells Osinbajo / Obiajulu Uja: Abuja Court Denies Anti-Tinubu Protester Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.