Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki (24987 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Why Fayose Should Not Enjoy Immunity For Alleged Corruption -SERAP / Why Do Our Governors Enjoy Immunity??... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by linusbnn(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2016
midolian:
if Buhari had not won, don't you think mark will still be Senate president?

Comprehension expert

If Abacha was not dead, immunity would have still continue to cover him. If Mark was still there,it is his luck to continue enjoying it so also Saraki. It is because Buhari and his APC gangs hates the person of saraki that is why the country is unsettled. Buhari should treat all with equity.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by SeverusSnape(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Doyin2:

Are you thinking at all?
So a governor stills his state's money and to avoid prosecution,buys his way into the senate where he could remain a senator and enjoy immunity for life!

Please no more immunity for anybody.Those supporting immunity in a very. Corrupt country like ours,must be sick in the head
There should not be immunity for Buhari too.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Compliant(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Yes, Let them all enjoy

DONT BE A FOOL

DID NIGERIANS VOTE SENATE PRESIDENT FOR THE POSITION? WE VOTED FOR PRESIDENT AND GOVERNORS FOR THE POSITION

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by SeverusSnape(m): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2016
Compliant:

DONT BE A FOOL

DID NIGERIANS VOTE SENATE PRESIDENT FOR THE POSITION? WE VOTED FOR PRESIDENT AND GOVERNORS FOR THE POSITION

But Nigerians voted Senators, who in turn voted their leaders.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by specimenC: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

The Senate voted for only two people.... Guess who?

Those are the ones that should enjoy immunity.

Two people that could be there forever, how then can they be prosecuted for their crime. I guess you think with your anus that's why you wouldn't consideer this.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by just2ok(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2016
midolian:
Criminals too want to enjoy immunity... grin grin grin

Now, lemme ask.. If the legislooters enjoy immunity, when will they pay for their sins? Eg..David Mark was SP for 8yrs[if Buhari had not won election, he'ld still be there] and he has been in the Senate for over 16yrs...if we r to wait till he leaves the senate b4 dealing with him, it means we ll wait forever..cos this man wld love to be there till death says otherwise.

Plus, it has been observed with dismay that most of these governors, after spending 8yrs looting their state's treasury, tend "to seek asylum" in the Senate. For goodness sake, imagine these conglomerate of looters having immunity..just imagine it. Not even one of them(SP) is imaginable. angry angry

The Executive(Buhari & co) on the other hand can only be there for a maximum period of 8yrs after which they can pay for their crimes(if any).
Gbam
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by soltry9x: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2016
I dnt really fancy Mr Saraki uses of english. Did he reali use ENJOY? he is making it sound as if immunity is 4 a benefit, i used to think it is a privelege proferred by d constitutn 4 d effect of separatn of power 2 effective towards d legistive n d judiciary from d executive.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by specimenC: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2016
linusbnn:

If Abacha was not dead, immunity would have still continue to cover him. If Mark was still there,it is his luck to continue enjoying it so also Saraki. It is because Buhari and his APC gangs hates the person of saraki that is why the country is unsettled. Buhari should treat all with equity.

Oh my GOD, abacha Why are people this daft, I give up on your reasoning. We know your type and where you come from, so we are not surprise, you cant think at the mention of Saraki(pro) and bubu (anti). Please who could have thought of prosecuting abacha even if they want to. A dictator for that matter, he forced himself there and you are here comparing his situation to this. Chai!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2016
during my time,even citizens will have immunity....lol
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by fmlala: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Immunity ko aminiti ni, instead they should strip all the executives of that crimininal laws called immunity.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by tomakint: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
The country voted for only two people.... guess who?

Those are the ones that should enjoy immunity.
This is the first time I am reading something reasonable from you ... .wao, tell me what you have for breakfast
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by chidozieikeji2: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Saraki is very very right immunity Should be scrapped entirely it will aid in checkmating the activities of the govt

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Kellzcold: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2016
I don't see the fuss here. Either they remove immunity from all executives or give the chief justice and the principal positions of the senate and house immunity, till they leave their leadership positions.
I don't understand how difficult it is....
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Sant1m: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2016
wasco24:
if u want immunity come and take it
Men! These guys are becoming unbearable especially Saraki and his gang. He should not push Nigerians to chase them out of that Senate complex with poo, splash poo in the hall way, on Saraki's seat, in the main chamber and if they relocate to the international conference centre follow them there with poo until they are chased out of Abuja. This guy Saraki is disgusting, the worst Senate President ever.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Gamesmart: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Yes, Let them all enjoy 'IMMUNITY'.

What is good for executhieves is good for legislathieves.

Why can't only executives have immunity?
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by linusbnn(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2016
specimenC:

Oh my GOD, abacha Why are people this daft, I give up on your reasoning. We know your type and where you come from, so we are not surprise, you cant think at the mention of Saraki(pro) and bubu (anti). Please who could have thought of prosecuting abacha even if they want to. A dictator for that matter, he forced himself there and you are here comparing his situation to this. Chai!!!!!

What is the difff btw this govt nd his?. Maybe you were still a baby then
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

And if I should Buhari's mind....'Let there be no IMMUNTY for ALL'

So that Fayose could be nailed.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by AlPeter: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
ndcide:

Who has spent 30 years as a head of an arm of government in Nigeria.

The truth is that buhari doesn't deserve immunity. It should be removed. The truth is that buhari is not going to be president forever.

When GEJ was president, those who want immunity for buhari now were voicing out against it. They were telling us about impeachment, some were talking about revolution etc.

We must be dispassionate when saying these things.

If the statement was for immunity to be removed from the executive only, will you not come in defense?

Just like many, you'll change position after buhari.
are we talking about immunity for Buhari or Saraki? See may I yarn u I no like GEJ frm wen dey talk say I'm b VP d guy jst dey mak me provoke even 2011 na Buhari only me 1 support for everyone wey I knw, but I spprted his taking over after d death of Yar Adua because na d ryt tin t do. GEJ and any1 as president having immunity is understandable but The Legislooters? Nah, that aint ryt!

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by einst3in: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
The Nigerian constitution is structured after that of America. What is obtainable there is that it is only the executive that enjoys immunity. The only privilege enjoyed by the legislature is that they cannot be liable or prosecuted for what he says on the floor. The NASS seems to think they are the only check and balance for other arms of Govt.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by oyedunsa: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
can u imagine '"IMMUNITY"

wHO NO NO SAY

"BUZY CAT ABLUTION, NAH JUST MEANS TO STEAL MEAT"

ALWAYS PASS BILL FOR SELF INTEREST.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by luzhioo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
My ppl d best option is to eradicate or remove it totally from system of govt. Shikena

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Lucky77: 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
I WILL SUPPORT THIS MOVE ON THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:

1 . THAT THE LEGISLATORS, LIKE THE EXECUTIVE CAN ONLY GO MAXIMUM OF TWO TERMS

2. THAT ONCE A GOVERNOR, CAN'T SEEK ELECTION INTO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

3. THAT ONCE A LEGISLATOR CAN'T SEEK ELECTION TO BE GOVERNOR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Africanspirit(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
It is true that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If they want the immunity for legislature, they shld ready to accept limiting their terms to two terms.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by CioAngels(f): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
midolian:
Criminals too want to enjoy immunity... grin grin grin

Now, lemme ask.. If the legislooters enjoy immunity, when will they pay for their sins? Eg..David Mark was SP for 8yrs[if Buhari had not won election, he'ld still be there] and he has been in the Senate for over 16yrs...if we r to wait till he leaves the senate b4 dealing with him, it means we ll wait forever..cos this man wld love to be there till death says otherwise.

Plus, it has been observed with dismay that most of these governors, after spending 8yrs looting their state's treasury, tend "to seek asylum" in the Senate. For goodness sake, imagine these conglomerate of looters having immunity..just imagine it. Not even one of them(SP) is imaginable. angry angry

The Executive(Buhari & co) on the other hand can only be there for a maximum period of 8yrs after which they can pay for their crimes(if any).
To even know that the man (david mark) who was in the senate for 16year never wanted the birth of democracy accordding to a writeup from the US year ago. The man is running away from probe.

2 Likes

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by wirinet(m): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
On a serious note, the legislature already enjoys lmmunity as the legislature cannot be sued and actions carried out on the floor of the national or state assemblies cannot be taken to court.

According to the Nigerian constitution the president (and his vice) and the governors ( and their deputies) is the executive, as all executive powers is vested in their persons, but the legislative powers is not vested in the senate president or speakers of state houses of Assemblies but in the legislature itself. So there is no basis for conferring immunity on individual senators.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by ruffp: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
sweetgala:

Also it would be constitutionally illegal for NASS leadership to enjoy immunity while other senators don't. They have an equal right and the leadership do not enjoy any form of veto

Its unfortunate they even contemplated such in the first place. How can I blame them? Blame those nigerians who voted them in after collecting 1k at the polling centre.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Laid2001: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
He forgot to also say.
There must be limit of tenure for the remaining two arms as well.
So, legislatures should not do be there for more than two tenure of 4 years each.
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Adminisher: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
So Immunity is ENJOYMENT ?.
This country is finished. Cluelessness has now become norm. Jonathan shey you see what your bad leadership has caused?. Everybody is now an idiot even the current Senate President.

1 Like

Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by fxskye: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
linusbnn:

But Saraki is also APC member as well. Is that also a witch-hunting to you PDP members?
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by Gamesmart: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
SamMilla1:
They have a point
But I would prefer that non enjoys immunity.

What point do they have?
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by skywalker001(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Ans judisharing
Re: The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki by spenca: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
Better still take it from them or a downward review of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / Dino Melaye Reacts To Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Tinubu Ignores Presidential Debate, Attends Friend’s Birthday Nearby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.