Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5405825 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2016
mumihaja:

@iomoge, you would have seen him before starting the vitex and hear what he will recommend.... bcp prevents ovulation and that could be why your ovaries look that why, doctors use it to treat pcos though I really don't know how it works

Toh. 'Twas a random Doctor "not a Gyna" that said I shu use the Bcp and that was September-November.
On December first, af came and waited till January 15. That's another 45 days cycle.
That's when I stumbled on vitex
Doctor "Gyna"even complained that I shouldn't have taken the birth control
For pcos I have all d signs o, this scan just confirmed it
Weight-Uncontrollable. Weight loss is not easy.
Thinning hair line
Acne - especially on my right cheeks
And can't remembering ovulating since marriage or seeing ewcm

I started seeing ewcm after Bcp and clean point.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2016
iomoge2:
Let me post my update maybe I would be able to ginger other old mama's here

Investigations showed patent tubes
PCOS- 6 cyst each on each ova
Myoma - growing outward from the edge of the uterus - said won't disturb
Fsh borderline - all others ok
Hubby swimmers at 64mil with 30%active

Never seen pcos or fibriods before
Was a shocker
I think the birth control scattered everything for me and gave me pcos. cry

I saw a traditionalist who said there was no fibriods
Checked and checked and said its not there that it's fat and gave me wat to use to melt it grin
I have no pain, no heavy feeling, no heavy period so I don't know where they saw fibriods
I will do a repeat scan b4 I see my Gyna though.

Brb
Battery

A traditionalists also told me at some point that I don't have Fibroids but when I told her I confirmed from different scans from different labs she asked me the number and sizes she then said they're tiny and maybe that's why she couldn't feel them. Am not trying to invalidate the traditionalists just trying to explain maybe why she didn't pick it up. My scans showed 3 Fibroids but during Myo about 13 were removed, 4 were big while others where quite tiny some Pea sizes. You can confirm with another scan. If the Fibroid is growing on the outward edge then truly it won't affect ttc. The wicked Fibroids that affect ttc are the ones inside the uterus called Submucous Fibroids. My Fibroids also gave me no 'real' Fibroid symptoms.

PCOS is not really such a big deal, can be picked up in some cycles others not. Healthy eating habits with the elimination of refined sugars helps a great deal. Drs also easily bypass it by using Ovulation boosting drugs. Since Motility is the only issue with your DH, that is easily fixed too. plus even the motile ones he has now can even get the job done. It's well. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2016
Mummyejire:

I read somewhere that taking cofee (black) 15mins before doing the deed help the little swimmers to be more active and strengthened. You can read it up on google, likewise dh taking of pap and peak milk everyday during your fertile period. May God crown your efforts with success.

That's true. Taking Coffee or Power Horse or Red Bull about the said time boosts the swimmers activity/Motility especially the Y Swimmers. It's part of the things used for ttc for a male. When I started ttc that was before I found out I had ttc issues, I was still being selective so I joined an international web forum for people trying to conceive a particular gender. So it is part of my learning's there. Na after one year of being selective no show, no be person tell me I just begin they fire prayers for any gender grin
Mummyejire:

I read somewhere that taking cofee (black) 15mins before doing the deed help the little swimmers to be more active and strengthened. You can read it up on google, likewise dh taking of pap and peak milk everyday during your fertile period. May God crown your efforts with success.

That's true. Taking Coffee or Power Horse or Red Bull about the said time boosts the swimmers activity/Motility especially the Y Swimmers. It's part of the things used for ttc for a male. When I started ttc that was before I found out I had ttc issues, I was still being selective so I joined an international web forum for people trying to conceive a particular gender. So it is part of my learning's there. Na after I think 6months of being selective no show, no be person tell me I just begin they fire prayers for any gender lol, and that was when we started testing and discovered that there were fertility issues present.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2016
Mamas in Lagos I still have Clean Point tampon for sale. Free delivery to you.
Call/WhatsApp: 08063861919
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2016
mumihaja:
While I was in church this evening, my pastor mentioned "missionary" and my heart started wondering...... was it the missionaries that introduced missionary style to our fore fathers hence the name? Before the missionary style, what style were they using.... was it monkey in the bush? Abi na catapult style grin

Don't mind me o......bd on my mind Sha and I need to use our ancestors style......i suspect their style could be the reason a couple can have as much as 16 childrem without stress....can someone pls give me an idea of the style?.

Pls help a sister!

Sorry dear, I have no help on your mission for our ancestors bd style, after all me no dey dia at that time but you really cracked me up big time. You also reminded me that most times when CD is mentioned, my mind 1st goes to Cycle Day before It then remembers CD Plate and other things that have CD as their abbreviations. Ttc does things to the mind sha. Diariz God oh.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
mumigrace:
@Foe123n I sent u a pm. Hope u r doing well.

@all, hope all is going well.

I'm so ashamed to admit that I don't have gynea i'm seeing, in short, no doctor at all. My hubby doesn't want any doc to touch me (I can't just comprehend), his possessiveness is something else. Abeg, na only me get this kind husband? sad

My dear, don't be ashamed. but it makes me wonder how long you've ttc that he still hasn't let go. When we started ttc my hubby told me point blank that we'll need to find a hospital with a female gynae when I get pregnant for my antenatal, that he can't stand a man in the name of a Dr prodding down there or touching my b.oo.bs all in the name of running a check. Well when we started ttc and him come see say water don pass garri, he didn't mind male Drs but always insisted on being there while am being examined which none of the Dr's and lab attendants minded because of course there's always a female nurse present too. So maybe try scouting for a good female gynae around you and if you find none, try convincing him the way only you know how to as his wife to let you see a male Dr and he can come along and be present to watch all your examinations. The only test so far that my husband was not permitted in was the hsg because of the X-ray. He was even allowed in at various points during my open Myomectomy to take pics and videos. Pray and act. God will guide and help you.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2016
iomoge2:

Toh. 'Twas a random Doctor "not a Gyna" that said I shu use the Bcp and that was September-November.
On December first, af came and waited till January 15. That's another 45 days cycle.
That's when I stumbled on vitex
Doctor "Gyna"even complained that I shouldn't have taken the birth control.

@miraclebaby, I tested and tested with wondfo opk. No sign of ov.
Tvs on cd 9 showed no dormant folicle
Tvs on cd 18, confirmed no dormant folicle or ovulation in sight.

For pcos I have all d signs o, this scan just confirmed it
Weight-Uncontrollable. Weight loss is not easy.
Thinning hair line
Acne - especially on my right cheeks
And can't remembering ovulating since marriage or seeing ewcm

I started seeing ewcm after Bcp and clean point.

PM me lets discuss natural weight loss especially if you don't have an aversion to Eggs (Chicken Eggs). NO PURCHASE of any slimming product involved. My weight was also uncontrollable at some point . Weight loss could be difficult but doable, I can assure you that.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lilyspringamour(f): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
lilyspringamour:
how d week ever sweet mamas? I just say make I troway salute o. as I just dey peeping mode since dey observe from afar.
pls mamas can someone pls kindly send me that ebook Supernatural childbirth again to (afejiro2@yahoo.com) as I was having email issues then. thanks in advance

pls mama that promised i still dey wait o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sarahjoe1000(f): 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Happy sunday beautiful,vigilante,sexy and ever fruitful mamas and papas.....God bless your hearts

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
lilyspringamour:

pls mamas I still dey wait o

Can I send it tomorrow to you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fvine:

PM me lets discuss natural weight loss especially if you don't have an aversion to Eggs (Chicken Eggs). My weight was also uncontrollable at some point . Weight loss could be difficult but doable, I can assure you that.

Mama fvine, I would like to join the natural weight loss, no aversion at all. I sent u a pm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
4realwoman:

Can I send it tomorrow to you.

Pls I want too,....@gmail.com thank u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fvine:

PM me lets discuss natural weight loss especially if you don't have an aversion to Eggs (Chicken Eggs). My weight was also uncontrollable at some point . Weight loss could be difficult but doable, I can assure you that.

Share it with us here biko...... Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fvine:

I am pm-ing u now.

Thanks much.

Lemme do another tvs on Tuesday mornin before I see my Gyna.

Thanks much... Will reconfirm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
My sisters make una help me praise God ooooo, cos no One came here today to announce my death d devil wanted to take my life last night but the God of MFM rose up and deliver me...

It happened that even though i ve bin sick for Few days now but i felt super strong yesterday morning that DH was even Happy and teasing me o, we went for power Must Change hands in d morning and from there i headed to the market to get some things we don't ve @ home, I even came back cooked drove myself to my tailor's shop later in d evening. But ard 9pm yesterday i felt something like lumps in my chest it wasn't painful but i could nt breath easily i went to bed thinking it will stop, I later woke up ard 1pm coughing seriously and den i realise d lumps was also in my throat, I could nt talk or do anything i was just coughing holding my chest and throat and it was as if dey want to explode, DH woke up trying to hold me but wen he saw dat it was serious he ran to take annoiting oil but before he came back with it he met me unconscious On d bed, I really didnt no ao many minutes it took me to regain my consciousness back but wen i woke i was soaked with annoiting oil and DH was praying and speaking in tongues, after d prayer i asked him to help me get One of d mantel dat was prayed upon during d last cross over night, I put in on my throat and chest and slept off Few mins later, and dat was d end of d lumps and cough

I just thank God it was nt a night i sleep @ home alone, it will ve bin another story entirely and trust d medical doctors dey will find a Name for it... God is indeed a faithful father

26 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fumbaby:

Share it with us here biko...... Thanks

I don't have a problem with sharing it here directly. It is called the Egg Fast Diet. It's a lengthy description and I don't know how to copy and paste into Nairaland using my phone or upload a file. iomoge has uploaded pics before so once I send the description to her email, she can find a way to post it here. I'll also send to Beegurl who has indicated interest so either of them can share it here.

Once it's shared here, interested Mama's who have questions can ask and I'll answer and provide any needed support.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pweetiebabe Glory be to God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pweetiebabe thank God for u o. The devil is a liar, Oluwa e se oo

Fvine thank u. Will surely share

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=Fvine post=42703134]
God bless you sis, Ehug

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
@iomoge, your dose of vitex is okay and that's what you should have done since instead of bcp but you have to go e yourself 3months at least...

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lollyrekiat(f): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello sabi mamas, happy Sunday, pls does Serrapeptase causes throwing up?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
lollyrekiat:
Hello **** mamas, happy Sunday, pls does Serrapeptase causes throwing up?
I don't think it does.
Take it first thin in d morning on empty stomach. And wait for 2hours b4 breakfast.
if u are doing day and night, take it as night too 2 hours after dinner.
Take it with plenty water cos it has an unpleasant smell.

Wat else are u taking? Are u mixing it with other drugs?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
mumihaja:
@iomoge, your dose of vitex is okay and that's what you should have done since instead of bcp but you have to go e yourself 3months at least...

Okies, I will be patient
I am taking it without food o. As early as 5am everyday. Hope it's kk?
Good thing is it won't stop conception like Bcp.
Thanks much
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pls for how long will I use it and how will I use it. Hope it won't stop or disturb conception
mumihaja:

@oomiyale, clean point tampon is used to unblock tubes and it cleans the uterus, it's an important part for TTC for me.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
EGG FAST DIET DETAILS (Copied from the Facebook Group with some editions and insertions of what I did)

*INSTRUCTIONS: READ THIS FIRST (this was created by Jimmy Moore, a 289 lb / 135.45kg man, so adjust it to suit yourself).

He called this his "egg fest" and yes we call it an egg fast because we are fasting from other food groups.

1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein. (no meat just egg)

2. 1 tablespoon of butter (Real Butter Squares found in Supermarket Fridges) or Mayonnaise or Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to be taken per Egg consumed.

3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking (NOT COMPULSORY)

4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours. (NOT COMPULSORY) Eat when you feel like it.

5. I will follow this schedule even if I'm not hungry, however I'll only have 1 egg when that happens. (NOT COMPULSORY)

6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg. (real cheese only). (NOT ADVISABLE TO EAT CHEESES, can cause stall or weight gain in a some people)

7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily. This means 6eggs Minimum and No Maximum.

8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D. (this was his personal preference) (NOT COMPULSORY, ANY CHICKEN EGG IS FINE)

9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime. (NOT COMPULSORY, EAT IF YOU'RE HUNGRY)

10. Diet soda (Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Seven Up, LaCasera Soda, Sans Cream Soda, H2O etc) will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less. (Don't drink this daily if you can)

*there is not a maximum amount of eggs to eat in a day however like anything just use common sense and adapt to your own needs.

11. Drink your water... 6-8 glasses a day minimum.

12. Keep up your salt and vitamins/supplements including magnesium & potassium. (I wasn't on any multivitamin when I did mine sha, so just continue with your ttc multivitamin)

** We add BPC and mayo to the list here as we are high fat low carbers here.
This may be difficult if you are not already used to eating high fat diets.

You should be fat adapted before you start. Which means you should already be following a LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat diet) long before attempting the egg fast. (NOT COMPULSORY, I jumped in from our regular 9ja eating)

Do not add vegetables or meat until you are done your fasting period. Fasting period is a minimum of 3 days. 5 days to make it worth while. You can do this for as long as 1month just like Jimmy Moore the Originator. I did mine for 10 days at each time I Egg Fasted).

Many of us are doing 5 days fasting 2 days regular LCHF.

For example, avocados and nuts have carbs. We do NOT add them in the fasting days. We do NOT use bacon fat in place of butter. Bacon has added preservatives, sugars, nitrites/nitrates etc. and it all ends up in the fat. Keep that for your regular LCHF diet but not when fasting.

Please do not be afraid to ask legitimate questions though.

Some folks drink BPC in the morning instead of eating eggs first and that's okay. It is all about what you can stomach in the morning and that's ok to adapt for yourself.

Use this site for Recipe ideas: http://www.eggs.ca/recipes/

Here is Jimmy's original post:
http://www.examiner.com/…/an-eggs-tra-special-high-fat-low-

This is a link to his video of eating steak after 30 day fast losing 27 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtC-E_zztEk

BPC is bullet proof coffee. You can google it. It is adding 1-2 TBS of butter and or coconut oil with or without a raw egg to your coffee in a blender. Some people choose BPT (tea). I tried the BPC with one raw egg and its so creamy yummy you won't smell of taste the Egg,won't even realise an egg was in it. I used decaff coffee sha due to ttc things.

Cream cheese pancakes: 2 eggs, 2 oz cream cheese, cinnamon and sweetener to taste. Blend in blender such as a magic bullet. Fry in coconut oil. Top with butter. I make a simple syrup by melting xylitol with butter and maple flavor.

HWC is heavy whipping cream: not a part of the egg fast
WOE is way of eating
BPC is bullet proof coffee
BPT is bullet proof tea

Facebook support group is : Egg Fast Diet - Stall = Breaker ( diet ).

I finally figured out the copy and paste. Lol. Will try figuring out Nairaland Smiley's next. I used it in one of my posts and it cut the text I quoted into 2 don't know what went wrong there.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mummyejire(f): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
@fvine does it mean it's only egg one will be eating for that period of fasting?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
iomoge2:

Okies, I will be patient
I am taking it without food o. As early as 5am everyday. Hope it's kk?
Good thing is it won't stop conception like Bcp.
Thanks much

@iomoge, it works better that way.....first thing and last thing... take it twice

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thank u mumihaj.
God bless u.

@fvine cry cry crywon't hungry kee me?
And is d yoke added?
How many kg can one lose in 10days?

Thanks much
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
oomiyale:
Pls for how long will I use it and how will I use it. Hope it won't stop or disturb conception
@oomiyale, it depends on what you are treating, it doesn't hinder conception instead it helps.....like other medications, you stop 2-3days before ovulation
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all..... grin shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mummyejire:
@fvine does it mean it's only egg one will be eating for that period of fasting?

Yes with the corresponding Tablespoons of Fat. I was desperate when I did mine after spending heavy loads of money on a popular weight loss product without result. I started research and discovered it. I did it 10days each time and then take a break for days eating Low Carb, High Fat, High Protein to maintain the weight lost.

I lost 14kg in 4months. I did the Egg Fast 10days each time, 3 times.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
iomoge2:
Thank u mumihaj.
God bless u.

@fvine cry cry crywon't hungry kee me?
And is d yoke added?
How many kg can one lose in 10days?

Thanks much

Same thing I thought but No you won't feel hungry onebit, Protein is filling. there's no maximum number of eggs just a minimum of 6. Yes the yolk is part of it and before you ask, no you won't get high cholesterol, I did a before and after lipid panel test and even had better lipid panel numbers after the Egg Fast. The medical knowledge on cholesterol as we knew it is fast changing, you can Google and read up newer researches for yourself.

I can't state the definite number of Kgs but I lost 5kg each time I did 10days and then lost 4 in the last 10days I did. I did three 10days Egg Fast and lost 14kg in 4months that I did it. Am a slow loser though, on the Facebook group people report higher loss than what I lost.

The side effects I had on the Egg Fast is something called the Keto Flu on the 2nd and 3rd day. That's where you feel flu like symptoms like you're falling ill which taking Paracetamol once a day took care of. I also had no bowel movement for a few days which taking Liquid Paraffin bought in a Pharmacy took care of, some people report diarrhea which me I don't know what can stop or if it's advisable to even stop it since its a detox and weight loss diet. If diarrhea occurs best thing might be to endure and do the fast for shorter periods like 3-5days. You're welcome always.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.