Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5408772 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 10:26am On Jan 14, 2010
Hello All,

Been trying for over 4yrs now. done almost evry thing including IVF last mth. Have never been pregnant. We hav male factor issues and I also feel I hav probs too (cos the ivf shlda worked!) God knws best. Still trying even though i keep on pretending to myself tht I am not. Cant help but hope and pray. I pray that our prayers are ans soon. Infact our prayers hav been answered! Amen. Take care gals. I knw its not easy but we will overcome. Godwilling!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tessybaby(f): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2010
hi girls
i am praying for u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eversmile: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2010
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2010
@eversmile, as per the query raised above, do u mind callng me on this numba 08035353107. I'ld share my experience with u so dat u can make an informed decision. Cheers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlizzy(f): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
i know of someone who did ivf and shes now a proud mother.You could get an article on how to get pregnant even if your doctor say you cant.reach me on chisomonu@yahoo.com with the subject pregnancy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2010
Hi eversmile, I used Georges @ Lekki. They were really nice and helpful. I chose them mostly cos of proximity and he was recommended to me by a friend who also had IVF and was successful. I can imagine wat u r going thru. IVF is not soo bad. Took injections for abt 10 days to stimulate my ovaries. Took them at home cos of traffic. Abt two weeks later, I went for wat they call egg retrieval which is done under anesthesia. Not so bad jsut uncomfortable afterwards. Loved the anesthesia. Made me sleep really peacefully for the almost 14hrs. Normal sleep. Went back for the transfer. That took abt 30 mins. Not painful at all. Dont knw why it didnt work. I was heart broken as I really had high hopes cry. God knws best. The only thing that scared me really was not knwing whether it wld work or not. I think its more emotionally stressful than anything else. Let me knw if u need anything. Thinking of trying again mayb in June. Dont knw if I will use thesame doc though.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Akwaugo3: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2010
Sisters, God's blessings. This is just to say that my heart goes out to you all. Keep trusting God. Miracles are still happening. In my own case, I was having long gaps in between babies and each came after a good dose of faith until I stopped at three.

Later, I went for birth control at a clinic and that was when the gyn told me that medically speaking I was not supposed to give birth at all. She said there were many major anti-conception factors the least of which is a fibroid. In my own case, I stayed away a lot from hospitals and only went for a scan during the third pregnancy only to be told the baby was there with a sizeable fibroid. It was a case of ignorance is bliss. I never knew I was clinically written off.

God who did it for me will answer you despite everything against your chances. Shalom

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2010
@Akwa, very inspiring. Thx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladybells: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hey everyone, I seriously need a good urologist in Lagos and a reputable fertility hospital that performs IUI/IVF
NORDICA Seems very expensive for us
does anyone know how much IVF cost in other clinics? Any help will be appreciated
My husband and I are dealing with male factor infertility and we do not have much money to spend
I have been checked out and found okay
Baby dust to all~
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2010
@ladybells, how much are u willing to spend? I know of a good clinic, its st. Ives. Though expensive, their follow up skills are execellent and u r sure of getting a positive at the first or second try. Call me on 08035353107, i'ld share my testimony wit u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2010
@ Ladybells, mine cost abt 850 @Georges. depend on the no. of inj u hav to take.
@Itiade, whr is st ives?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladybells: 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
Thanks Tangerine for the info. sorry it did not work this time. sometimes it takes a couple of tries. hope this year will be IT for you.
that is very expensive though, I think Nordica fertility center listed their price as 450.000 or so for one cycle of IVF. maybe check it out.
any ways I am waying my options here. If hubbys spermcount does not come up we might be going for donor sperm. have not discussed this with him yet. scared of how he might feel abt it
However still hoping on Gods favour
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:31am On Jan 24, 2010
Hello ladies hope everyone is doing ok in here.
Stages where are you ohhhh i hope you are fine.
@ My peace where are you ohhhhhhhhhhhh

@venuss where you waka go you guys should not bone me and leave me alone here oh.

I can not give any advice about IVF clinics in Nigeria as i have not used any i have a friend who is using Bridge clinic presently that is all i know.
But i think before anyone invests half a million in any clinic ,please check there statistics and see people who have actually had babies there or are currently pregnant cosĀ  it is just one try and that is it ,you pay again.
My doctor here has something they call shared risk you pay 20 thousand dollars i know that is like 3million naira and they give you 6 tries for ivf if you don't have a baby (take one home)after the 6th IVf they refund your whole money!Make God no let person do six oh Jesus
Any way Welcome to all the new ladies who posting here May your journey towards having a baby be a short one.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 8:54am On Jan 25, 2010
Hi girls
sorry about the silence
hope all is well with you
i keep on checking this thread
to see if we have one good news
and am very sure very soon we would have
many good news.
Am battling with all the morning sickness stuffs
and it's not been easy
i had to sleep on a empty stomach last nite coz i
vomitted evrything i'd eaten
ma sistas dis thing no dey easy oooo
and praying u gals join me and share ur experience.
baby dust to u all

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Shinatu: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin winkmama ibeji (twins)!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2010
Pele stages. heard the morning sickness last for only the the first 3mths. Keeping my fingers crossed for u.

Lady bell. Do u knw if that includes drugs? For geaorges, it was 500k for the procedure. Hope ur husband understands abt the donor sperm. Me, I'll just keep on praying for a miracle. I knw it will happen by Gods Grace.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eversmile: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tangerine: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
Eversmile pls can share ur findings with us
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladybells: 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
Thank you so much, Eversmile, for sharing your info with us. goodluck with the laparoscopy. and the subsequent IVF.
I believe that knowledge is power so yes I am doing my home work. I have not been to any of this places yet. just trying to gather info
we are still waiting on time to recheck hubby's counts and see. But I like to be ready for whatever comes next.
This path is a frustrating and a time consuming one. Glad I have you all to share it with as we wait on God.
Baby dust to all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eversmile: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladybells: 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2010
WOW! Eversmile your determination and efforts are admirable! God bless you with your heart desire!
Thank you so much for those advice, I really, REALLY appreciate your honesty and willingness to Share your knowledge
My hubby just finished 3mths of treatment with the drugs you mentioned and we are just waiting to recheck (I am nervous that 3mths is too short a time but we will have to see)
We will make some food changes as you recommended. I know what aki awusa is and will get those.
The wears we are already following the guidelines.
Its just so hard to wait since this whole journey is a slow process. cos we have to give the body time.
I strongly believe that God will not let our efforts be in vain
Amen to yours and everyones positive prayers.
Did you have your laparoscopy yet? hope it went well.
Babydust to all~
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eversmile:

[quote author=ladybells
Thank you so much, Eversmile, for sharing your info with us. goodluck with the laparoscopy. and the subsequent IVF.
I believe that knowledge is power so yes I am doing my home work. I have not been to any of this places yet. just trying to gather info
we are still waiting on time to recheck hubby's counts and see. But I like to be ready for whatever comes next.
This path is a frustrating and a time consuming one. Glad I have you all to share it with as we wait on God.
Baby dust to all

hi ladybells, sorry i delayed this information, i have realy had it in mind to suggest or should i say prescribe this medicine for your hubby, my husband used it in year 2007, and it realy worked for us, that time his count was 8ml,
but after using this drug and applying my own way of preparing his meals for three months the count increased to 110ml. i do not know if you have seen a good eurologist, but incase you have not seen a good and caring one.used this med.

if you go to all this teaching hospital you will see a eurologist, but the truth is that you may go there for one year after various test and they will not give you even one tablet to increase your count, i and my husband went to luth for 6 months after they carried out the test and released the result they did not prescribe anything i was the one asking the doctor whether we can use manix cos i saw it on the internet and he chorus yes! yes! yes! and that was all he could say, until we now change to private hospital where the doctor now prescribe this medicine that worked.

so long there is spermatozoa even if is 1ml it will increse in Jesus name amen.

i also want you to watch the kind of meal he eats, cos the kind of food he eats counts too,

actually i am praying to God to help me scale through this problem and succeed so that i can use it to help others who are battling with infertility, cos, is not an easy journey, and i have been using myself for experiment, so that if i succeed i will not be afraid to show others the road i went through.

first of all let him do his count and culture test and treat any infection according to the result, incase there is staph, which i ve notice that almost all the spermatozoa culture/count result always have staph as one of the bacterials noted,
just treat it as much as you can but it does not disturb the count from beign active or increasing, i see it as a common thing. cos it hardly go away.

MEDICINE NAME: PROGONAL. 1 capsule 3 time a day after meal drink with milk not water. for quick result.
CONTENT: IS 30 CAPSULE IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER. as at 2007 i bought it at N2,800 per one cup. you can find it in any big pharmacy.

2) PROVIRON TABLET. 1 TABLET everyday after meal,

3) MEAL: eat more beans, with pupking leaves (ugu), avocado pear, one half boiled egg twice a week, more vegetables, there is one nut that malam normally sell in my language we call it ( AKI-AWUSA) i do not know the english name, (DESCRIPTION) it has milk color, round in shape, looks like the kind of not you found under matured grasses. i always buy it for him from malam atleast 3 times a week. use this prescription for 3 months, then stay away from intimacy for five days and repeat the count and see it increase. stop drinking all this canned juice that contains preservatives. drink water instead,

4) WEARS: Stop wearing jeans, stop wearing pants that grips your manhood, stop driving a long distance journey without coming down to have natural air, reduce your refined sugar intake,
stop drinking achohol, smoking, cafee, reduce stress, always sleep well after the day's work, not watching tv and call it relaxation, no.

that is very thoughtful of you to post this. thanks so much.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by purefact: 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
ladybells:

WOW! Eversmile your determination and efforts are admirable! God bless you with your heart desire!
Thank you so much for those advice, I really, REALLY appreciate your honesty and willingness to Share your knowledge
My hubby just finished 3mths of treatment with the drugs you mentioned and we are just waiting to recheck (I am nervous that 3mths is too short a time but we will have to see)
We will make some food changes as you recommended. I know what aki awusa is and will get those.
The wears we are already following the guidelines.
Its just so hard to wait since this whole journey is a slow process. cos we have to give the body time.
I strongly believe that God will not let our efforts be in vain
Amen to yours and everyones positive prayers.
Did you have your laparoscopy yet? hope it went well.
Babydust to all~

eversmile is my wife and together we have decided to use our ruff path to help people,

please, don't panic over the count, it is gradual process after three months u will surely see a positive result as long as he stop wearing things that will bring heat to the scrotal

for the laparoscopy issue we will want to talk about it when we have finished it, it is a shame that no government hospital in Nigeria does laparscopy surgery, it is a shame to this country.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hi all, have been reading this thread for sometime now. Decided to join, since am also trying to conceive. My Peace, are you the same as the one on Professional Secretaries thread?

Now our marriage will be 2 this year. Am begining to get scared, I felt like dying when I saw my period 3 days ago. We've done some tests though. My husband had low sperm count, but now there is improvement since he started taking some drugs. For me its fibroid, but according to the doctors who checked the result of the scan, the position should not prevent pregancy. I have also done hsg and it showed that the tubes are okay. So I wonder what the problem could be wrong, cause I have never missed my period for 1 day Do you ladies know of any other tests to check cause of infertility. God Bless
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladybells: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ Uteh - have you tried clomid to hopefully stimulate healthier eggs? I f you havent you should
Let me know if you need the instruction on how to take it. your Doctor should be able to instruct you on that though

Even though you see period every month, some people have menses without ovulation.
I found the following info:

There are better ways to check for ovulation. By checking your progesterone level on or about Day 24 or 25 of your cycle, your physician can unequivocally determine whether you are ovulating.

It's true, though, that some women do not ovulate but have regular menses. Why this happens is not entirely clear, and there are many plausible explanations. Prolonged estrogen stimulation of the uterine lining can result in an unstable endometrium that is prone to periodic bleeding. While this would seem to be the most likely cause for regular anovulatory bleeding, I would not worry about why the bleeding occurs regularly. I would focus your energy and resources on evaluating whether you are ovulating and, if not, developing a plan that will help restore normal ovulation and fertility potential.

Remember the day you see your period is the first day of your cycle.

@ purefact - Thanks for your encouragement. I agree it is deplorable that laparoscopy cannot be performed in our government hospital!
Did you try the private ones?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ladybells, thank you for your response. But I understand Clomid is not good for someone with fibroid, cause it makes the fibroid grow faster and bigger. My doctor mentioned it too, but he said becasue of the fibriod he would not advise me to take it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2010
My people l dey fine, just giving myself a break from this thread grin

@Uteh
Yes l am.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eversmile: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AdeRex: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
Eversmile:

hello nairalanders, please i really need this special help, for a very long time now i have been searching for a hospital where i can get my damaged fallopian tube removed to enhanced the chances of having a successful IVF, cos according to my research about ivf, i found out that if you do ivf while having damaged fallopian tube e.g (hydroxalpinx) it reduces the chances of achieving pregnancy through ivf,

Even with Bilateral Hydrosalpinges; your chances of a successful In Vitro Fertilization is only reduced not eliminated. As you correctly noted, Nigeria is still way behind in many health care aspects. Try a reputable University Teaching Hospital. Good luck.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ACL(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
HI ALL,

MY Peace, same from stock forum those days, how is stock market goin?

new to this post, hope am welcome.

Am getting married in 3mths time but too anxious cos i have a long time history of irregular period, gyn gave me contaceptive 4 correction and it lead 2 missed period for a yrs.
later when it came , it became iirregular bleeding, placed on primolut N wc i still use up 2 date.
recently it spots for about a week and later flow for a week.

I stay in port Harcourt, hubby is in Lagos, we see once a month or twice at most.

Does anyone in d house knows a good gyn in PH, pls help. uniport is too far, and office will not give time for public hospital.it has 2 b a private clinic i can go after work.

Expectin your reply.

i almost forgot, went for pelvic scan on friday, result says UTERINE FIBROID>. where do i start from
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 9:14am On Feb 08, 2010
Hi all,hope u r good. @eversmile i had laparscopy very rcently, dou mine was just 2 visualize toroughly my organs 2 no were d problem lies. D doctor did 2 of us on da day, a much older woman dan me, dont no wat ha problem was. But d doctor is good nd own a smal hospital in d north. Cost us N25k only . Lagos 2 north is quite a distance. Wel if u nid name, adres nd his phone . Indicate by placn an email ad.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2010
hi everyone,
stage, how are u doing and our little angel?

Seems l dont ovulate again, can l take clomid or is their any other thing l can take to boost ovulation without Doctor's recommendation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.