Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,220 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution (40980 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut / Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution / Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by otemanuduno: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
MissMetro:
The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) on Wednesday, June 23, 2016 sealed 70 churches, 20 mosques, and 11 club houses/hotels across the Lagos metropolis over noise pollution and other environmental nuisances.

The General Manager of LASEPA, Engr. Adebola Shabi in an interview after sealing the religious houses, club houses and hotels said that the premises were shut following constant complaints from residents in their neighborhood.

He also said most of the premises shut were approved for residential purposes but after few years, they were converted to worship centers saying “all these religious houses, club houses and hotels sealed are constituting nuisance to other neighbors”

The General Manager stressed that some of the affected facilities had been served abatement notices, they were invited and advice accordingly before the eventual closure.

He therefore state that Lagos State Government under the leadership of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode would not condone improper dispose of sewage and usage of latrines.

Among the facilities sealed are: Recycling plant at Orilawe Street off Nureni Yusuf Rd, Alagbado, Lagos for noise pollution and untidy environment. Others are Celestial Church of Christ, Ebenezer Parish at Abule Titun, Alakuko, Solution Life Ministry at Ogunshola Street off Ajayi Rd, Ogba Aguda, Zoe Ministries Worldwide, Budland Street off Isheri Road, Ojodu, Sportas Suite Bar, CMD Road, Magodo among others.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-lagos-seals-70-churches-20.html

These are parts of the fulfillment of the revelation which will usher in the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD, the God who hates worship, but loves the user of the brain. I have prophesied things like this, just as they are in the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS. Many governors will move against noise pollution of religion. El-rufai is just one of them. NIGERIA MY COUNTRY SHALL BE FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF RELIGION. Churches shall be sold to build hospitals and research centres in the future. Helicopters will become ambulances instead of buses and the BRAIN USERS SHALL BE MANY IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA, INVENTING GREAT THINGS.

DOMINO REVERAD THE GOD WHO CREATED all the small gods including jehovah is here. Let all the worshippers of jesus and mohammed tremble because the REIGN OF THE REAL GOD WHO MADE THE UNIVERSE WITH THE BIG BANG IS HERE!!!

keandre, kingjahzmineking, geoworldedu, ranchoddas, come and see this.
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by ArcToyin(m): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
If Elrufai or Aregbe does this, CAN which is the unofficial religious arm of PDP, will not allow us hear word again!They would accuse them of trying to suppress Christianity!
This case is for Two religions and not a sole. Besides, the reason is genuine.
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by souljaboi51(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
luvmijeje:
They should improve the law by including stringent conditions such as jail sentence into it.

The major culprit now are those fasting. Why will some group of people be screaming Down our heads around 2am - 4am begging people to wake up. Are we all fasting? Why can't they call their phones or go to their houses to ring their bells?
The day we all start realising that your right stops where mine begins the better for us all.
Heheheheh it's true oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by lizberry1(f): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
nice one i really appreciate this thank you for bringing out this idea
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by souljaboi51(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
korel9:
Try closing down a (just one) mosque in Kano.... undecided
All hell would be let lose. Those guys are just animals

1 Like

Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by vikspring(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
souljaboi51:
All hell would be let lose. Those guys are just animals
guy dats an insult na aw will you call dem animal

dey suppose dey under class insecta
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by UmmKhalifah(f): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Why not 72 hotels, sinners
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
ArcToyin:

This case is for Two religions and not a sole. Besides, the reason is genuine.
Is Elrufai's preaching bill not for the 2 religion? Is the religious violence in the north not enough justification for such a bill! Well am not really in support of any of all these trash, am jus trying to point out our daylight hypocrisy!
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by KingJahzmineKing(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
otemanuduno:

These are parts of the fulfillment of the revelation which will usher in the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD, the God who hates worship, but loves the user of the brain. I have prophesied things like this, just as they are in the DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS. Many governors will move against noise pollution of religion. El-rufai is just one of them. NIGERIA MY COUNTRY SHALL BE FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF RELIGION. Churches shall be sold to build hospitals and research centres in the future. Helicopters will become ambulances instead of buses and the BRAIN USERS SHALL BE MANY IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA, INVENTING GREAT THINGS.

DOMINO REVERAD THE GOD WHO CREATED all the small gods including jehovah is here. Let all the worshippers of jesus and mohammed tremble because the REIGN OF THE REAL GOD WHO MADE THE UNIVERSE WITH THE BIG BANG IS HERE!!!

keandre, kingjahzmineking, geoworldedu, ranchoddas, come and see this.
let the world know....we shall conquer all religion's bulshij
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by Missbizy(f): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
I wish such can be done in my area here in ibadan, especially during ds ramadan. They will use ds their megaphone Ehn! From 3am to 7am. You just have to wake up because it's so loud Ehn. I'm not against been a Muslim buh they just av to be considerate dt not everyone is fasting.
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by KingJahzmineKing(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mimexy:
End time things
The end is knocking on the door of every godemn church and every godemn mosque...the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD is gonna take over, the GOD that hate religion but support de using of brain...be prepared
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by KingJahzmineKing(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mimexy:
End time things
The end is knocking on the door of every godemn church and every godemn mosque...the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD is gonna take over, the GOD that hate religion but supports de using of de brain...be prepared
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by 0ubenji(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
greatmen:
My house shall be a place of prayer if truly you read the bible you will know Paul and silas praised God loudly so did David and Jesus did countless of miracles in public places with lots of people, I know your type would like to silence the church but even the stones will cry, for people who are to sophisticated for God now ,please know that that peaceful sleep is by grace, the fact your even writing on nairaland with your fingers intact is God's grace , we have become lords of ourselves, if you read history of pple who want the church to be silenced something worst or sinister takes over, but I don't expect you to know the times and the seasons smh
Broda..lemme counter ur points contextually
1. Paul and silas praised and worship so loudly to "frustrate their captors" (not bcoz God is deaf) cause they were captivity(wit their mouths not sound amplifiers)...
Are these churches in captivity?...NO
2.David neva constituted environmental nuisance wit his ruggedity in worship..he simply does all these in d palace wherein only som1 in d palace gets to be aware..he doesn't goto the streets back then to disturb ppl wit wateva sound amplifiers existed then..
3. U say jesus prayed loudly..yea..and vigorously too..but in a secluded location(jesus had workin brains to knw wat environmental pollution is abt)
4. U talk of miracles..wat has miracle got to do wit noise pollution?
In d bible..the ones who needed the most immediate attention from God dint even constitute nuisance in d process e.g
Daniel in d lion's den
Shadrach, meshack and abednego in d furnace
Jonah in d belly of the fish
Hezekiah prayin for prolonged life
Jesus prayin vigorously and sweatin blood for his intended crucifixion to be somehow abated etc..

So wat wud u say the prob of naija churches are wit noises as if their situation are worse dan d aforestated?
Read ur bible plz..thrz a very thin line btw religious fanatism and fanaticism & christianity
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by 0ubenji(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
abdul4new:
you are an animal and also an atheist you need God in your life .
The one who has God in his life calls a being "an animal".. U're obviously a pirated image and likeness of God..smh
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by 0ubenji(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
babajeje123:

My brother, church can't be silenced because she belongs to God. We are what we are by His grace & this grace must not be abused. It is an abuse of others when you use your right to inconvenient them. We all know the hustle in Lagos. You come home very late in the night after a hectic day. You want to rest but some people won't allow you because of their noise. It is unfair. Church should get speakers that won't disturb neighbors & so also the Muslims.
Speaker dey wey no dey disturb?..lol
If speaker dey soundproof..biko wetin we wan hear
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by 0ubenji(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
handebayor:

Please is there like an annoymous method without leaving my contacts behind say a letter or something
Hahaha..badt guy..lolz
Sly..u wanna snitch on the very church u worship in..I bet
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by handebayor: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
0ubenji:

Hahaha..badt guy..lolz
Sly..u wanna snitch on the very church u worship in..I bet

Not really..... Sometimes we have to let go of our sentiments and feelings for the greater good
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by 0ubenji(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
handebayor:

Not really..... Sometimes we have to let go of our sentiments and feelings for the greater good
Ofcuz I undastand ..
Erm forget dat "not really"..
Juz say YES mk we chop knuckle...
*chews kolanut*
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by Bioboy1213(m): 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
TeamSimple:

Bioboy calm down. What that dude is trying to let you know is that if this act had been carried out by a Muslim governor with the same reasons given by ambode, above half of the people from the other faith won't care about the reasons raised by the governor but the religion his coming from.

I want to believe you not new on nairaland.
you've explain better sir .....bt the way the guy put it,he's being sentimental
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by souljaboi51(m): 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
vikspring:

guy dats an insult na aw will you call dem animal

dey suppose dey under class insecta
this guy is wicked sha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by vikspring(m): 7:10am On Jun 25, 2016
souljaboi51:
this guy is wicked sha grin grin grin grin grin grin
as in ehhh
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by Angrymode: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2016
The Best News I just read today.
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by argon500: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
greatmen:
My brother I no they do rituals or join occult na prayer,hardwork and wisdom be my own, but if you be abiola I happy for you, your money go save you grin

My broda, it is not about being Abiola before we should wake up.. Majority of the so called pastors only care about their stomach
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by argon500: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
babayinka77:

That's exactly d case @ No 22 Abanishe str, Agodo Egbe. The church there hardly allows you breathing space. Both day n night, with their loud speakers on. LASEPA pls come and do something to this issue.

Report them. God will also understand they are inconvenience you
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by handebayor: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
0ubenji:

Ofcuz I undastand ..
Erm forget dat "not really"..
Juz say YES mk we chop knuckle...
*chews kolanut*

grin grin YES Sir
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by dimieprincess(f): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Can Udom of Akwa Ibom follow suit, my nights have being so long because of one noisy group of persons. I am a Christian but will not agree to trade my night rest for anything. I serve my God in my own way and no one should force me to adapt to his way of serving God Almighty.

Before you robed party and tribal affiliation, just note I am a card carrying member of the PDP and I commend Ambo for this move. Can't wait to go back to lasgidi so I can enjoy my night rest.

Oluwa eseun o
Re: Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution by naptu2: 7:57am On Mar 06, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Apc Guber Candidate Sanwo Olu's Campaign Vehicles Flood Lagos(photos) / “White Man” In Sambisa Forest Was Killed In Firefight – Buratai / INEC Agent, Dan Joko, Arrested By Police For Collecting Money To Rig Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.