Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke (54894 Views)

Hidden Diamonds / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by uduokirika1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice keep itup bro
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by SavageGarden(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Eze2000:

Oh, man,
You obviously have a PhD somewhere. unfortunately so many others don't and I prefer to have that 'so many' love me than d few professors there are.
So sorry, but my way of putting the story is better. if u examine the works of universal bestsellers like James Hardly Chase after whom I modeled my writing style, u will find that it is so easy to gasp and enjoy by every one.....now that something!
Going by d way u talk, I would need a dictionary and a bachelor degree in English at least, to understand any book u write.
When a reader has to go running to a dictionary in other to understand your work, he/she usually doesn't enjoy it.....fact.
As for the 'long moment'? It's not much a grammatical error as a thing of d impatient mind where a moment, a second, can take too long....what you see is actually a stroke of masterclass...etc....
"Nooooooo!"
Now here is another 'grammar error' but u know that's actually a scream and not a simple 'no' or a mistake. Did I say so? No I didn't.
The simple reason why everyone cannot be an author, irrespective of their excellence in d English language is 'TALENT', simple. God gives that one out for free!
Lastly, Alex considered himself done with the military for good before d contract came up. HE CARED NOT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON ANYTHING Military or political....he was moving on with his life as a civilian. Neither u nor any disgruntled worker will stay up-to-date with the affairs of his old employers against whom they bear a grudge.

Pls, sir, if u do not mind too much, I would love u as friend on whatsapps. You may not get d bang of my 'writing style' but your excellence in English is too good. I could use a consultant in that field, makes things so much easier.

Lol Mr Eze I assure you I'm absolutely no where near someone with a Phd Degree lol I've barely even gotten my BSc Degree and I'm an Architect. Well Bro! Pardon my earlier proposed example I'm not imputing that you should go all out using grammars all about your writing No! You get me wrong! doing that makes your writing bland and hectic to read I personally don't have anything to do with books written by Wole Soyinka that Professor is a total show off Bro! The entire Merriam- Webster dictionary should as well be in his head, every single word..That aside your write up shouldn't be so easy to grasp bro! So straight forward! That way you limit yourself as a writer and so do your readers too! I mean when I grab any bestseller novel I'm always prepared and wholeheartedly look forward to learn new words; new breath taking sentences, which of cos is an assurance! Now isn't that remarkable! Its even denegrating to your readers to assume that we wouldn't mind grabbing a dictionary when we read your work..not all of us are lazy bro! You're not writing for kids who are just grasping how to properly speak and understand English Language. I hope this is a perfectly rational explanation?

1 Like

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
Well! Well! Well! Eze2000 so we meet again even on a more interesting platform. I'm looking forward to your next update, since I've become a great fan of your book. Thank you for ruthless betrayal there's no day I don't peep from that book. This one is already turning out well, more grace to do better
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 4:35am On Jul 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 4:43am On Jul 14, 2016
Oladim001:
That was exactly what i thought while reading this story. Its really good but you need to do something on the aspect of Islam and terrorism. You should do more research on the religion before writing in this manner. Anyway nice work.
latbas:
my only suggestion is on how u use ur words and not offend some peeps out here. m a Muslim and I know what boko haram are doing is not part of the islam we practice cos this is delicate issue here. I will definitely be looking forward to u educating people on the negative influence of those bastards killing all in the name of religion. my 2cents o

I thank you two again for calling my attention to this issue. i have made some corrections and in the book itself, put in a forward to address this matter....did it an hour ago.

Thanks again.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Ultimategeneral: 7:26am On Jul 14, 2016
nice job there
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by horlawharley(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Nice....
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks @ all
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Osmondinho(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
Make we follow Eze Bumper to bumper
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Oladim001(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
Eze2000:

I thank you two again for calling my attention to this issue. i have made some corrections and in the book itself, put in a forward to address this matter....did it an hour ago.

Thanks again.
You are highly welcome.
I have a correction to make. In the last update. You wrote 'fight' instead of 'flight'.
And i love the way you write, your flashbacks and all. And i hope Sylvia won't be the one he'd have to save after Alhaji's niece.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Oladim001:
You are highly welcome.
I have a correction to make. In the last update. You wrote 'fight' instead of 'flight'.
And i love the way you write, your flashbacks and all. And i hope Sylvia won't be the one he'd have to save after Alhaji's niece.

unlimited kudus to your sharp eyes.

Mistake corrected
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
SavageGarden:

Lol Mr Eze I assure you I'm absolutely no where near someone with a Phd Degree lol I've barely even gotten my BSc Degree and I'm an Architect. Well Bro! Pardon my earlier proposed example I'm not imputing that you should go all out using grammars all about your writing No! You get me wrong! doing that makes your writing bland and hectic to read I personally don't have anything to do with books written by Wole Soyinka that Professor is a total show off Bro! The entire Merriam- Webster dictionary should as well be in his head, every single word..That aside your write up shouldn't be so easy to grasp bro! So straight forward! That way you limit yourself as a writer and so do your readers too! I mean when I grab any bestseller novel I'm always prepared and wholeheartedly look forward to learn new words; new breath taking sentences, which of cos is an assurance! Now isn't that remarkable! Its even denegrating to your readers to assume that we wouldn't mind grabbing a dictionary when we read your work..not all of us are lazy bro! You're not writing for kids who are just grasping how to properly speak and understand English Language. I hope this is a perfectly rational explanation?

Apparently u got a PhD in novel reading/analysis but do nor even know it. Good to have u on board.
I keyed in your number to my phone but its not showing a whatsapps connection .... would love a whatsapps or bbm contact number, pls
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 4:43am On Jul 15, 2016
The story has been moved to the authro's website...

https://www.kingreads.com/a-billionaires-ransom-part-1-chapter-5/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by SavageGarden(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Eze2000:

Apparently u got a PhD in novel reading/analysis but do nor even know it. Good to have u on board.
I keyed in your number to my phone but its not showing a whatsapps connection .... would love a whatsapps or bbm contact number, pls

Well thanks for the compliments bro you're right I might really not know..here's my BBM contact 33101B51 don't know why whatsapp aint working!! Have a nice day sir! I'm really Enjoying your story..nice plot.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2016
SavageGarden:

Well thanks for the compliments bro you're right I might really not know..here's my BBM contact - don't know why whatsapp aint working!! Have a nice day sir! I'm really Enjoying your story..nice plot.

As u can see I have wiped your contact out after copying ...pls do the same or you'll be getting a lot of sperm and fraudulent messages. since I started posting my contact on Nairaland you will never believe the kind of messages I get daily!
sent u a BBM invite

1 Like

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by SavageGarden(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Eze2000:

As u can see I have wiped your contact out after copying ...pls do the same or you'll be getting a lot of sperm and fraudulent messages. since I started posting my contact on Nairaland you will never believe the kind of messages I get daily!
sent u a BBM invite

Sure bro! Thanks.
But I haven't gotten bbm invite too! Don't know if my phone now has a mind of its own...Can I have urs so I can send an invite as well?
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by LagosBoi2(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
I have been secretly following but I just have to comment to show my respect, Interesting story and great job, keep it up
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Ultimategeneral: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2016
good job bro
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by ibullem(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good job Eze2000,

Today is 15th, I hope you still publish the story at Okada.com as promised.

Thanks man.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
ibullem:
Good job Eze2000,

Today is 15th, I hope you still publish the story at Okada.com as promised.

Thanks man.

Sorry man,
I got to delay say 3 days till Sunday night. I've been ill with malaria so couldn't work extensively in the last 2 days. I'm good now though so it will certainly be sunday or Monday night. But do me a favor. When u download a copy, do leave a review on there. There isn't any financial gain in free work but d appreciation of fans go a long way to atone for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by jelal007(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
I hope this Sylvia aint in on the whole conspiracy 2 eliminate Alex? Pretty women and their charms,they have a way of bringing out d weakness in men. @Eze2000 when is the next update abeg? Good writing skills,I hope u blow like the Chinua Achebe's and Soyinka's,ameen.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Deo7(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
Baba your boys are waiting for your next write up o! Nice piece bro smiley
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Godmother(f): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
SavageGarden:
Well Mr Eze2000 you're a good story teller no doubt but regardless if this story is just right up from your head without any form of editing as you earlier asserted, you've really got to improve on you vocabulary Bro! There're instances you made cheap avoidable grammatical errors which wouldn't be so if you invested much more time into reading of novels of other well known authors; Dean Koontz, Stephen Hunter, Mary Higgins Clarke, Sandra Brown, Ken Follet, Chimamanda a whole lot of others learn from them, they way they fashion out sentences..You Portray Alex the main Protagonist of this book as an all knowing tough motherfucker yet he's caught off guard on little intel details he should be ahead of information bro! Not lagging behind.
Let me give you an instance oon good sentence structure without talking too much..
When Alex was speaking to the Colonel his former CO about the approach of the victims uncle , this is how you put it
"Alex began to talk. He left nothing out, not even the contents and purpose of the small suitcase he carried. When he was done, the colonel was silent for a long moment."
Here's something better
" Alex began talking exhaustively on how he was approached with the proposal of the mission, with no reticence held back. When he was done, the Colonel was both Silent and stunned for a moment"
There's no such thing as "Long Moment" Bro! But you're trying keep up the good work and create room improvement.

Your criticism is constructive and on-point. But I believe there's something called 'writing style' and this is Eze's. He also has the ability to capture his audience and keep them spellbound, which is a good quality of a excellent writer.

He's one of the best writers I've come across on nairaland, right in the league with Safarigirl.

@ Eze
Please keep up the good work. I am an ardent fan of yours and your stories make my day.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by ibullem(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Eze2000:

Sorry man,
I got to delay say 3 days till Sunday night. I've been ill with malaria so couldn't work extensively in the last 2 days. I'm good now though so it will certainly be sunday or Monday night. But do me a favor. When u download a copy, do leave a review on there. There isn't any financial gain in free work but d appreciation of fans go a long way to atone for that.

Sorry about your health man, glad you are better now.

I'll definitely leave a review when I do download it.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 2:09am On Jul 16, 2016

Story moved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Visitor700: 2:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by yunglivochi(m): 2:21am On Jul 16, 2016
nice story bro it's really awesome ★★★
damn !!!can't Wait for d continuation
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by iceberylin(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is a Good piece...

But with too many contradictions.. Alex speaks Arab but knows no Hausa Language?

An over-hyped Alex who needed help on how to ID a contact undecided

Using Exact names like ISIS isn't much fun.. Imagine u called them "BARA". With description (which you are good @) we would figure its ISIS. That's a thrill wink

BtW I'm glued but this seasonal ish undecided
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by Eze2000(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by uduokirika1(m): 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eze2000:

Enlighten me please, are Hausa and Arabic one and d same?

It is easier for a Nigerian Soldier to understand hausa than any other language!

Hausa is likely the second official language in the Nigerian Army After English! It behooves my imagination that a Nigerian soldier who faught in the NE does not understand common hausa words to pass a simple mssage across! Ironically he speaks Arabic!

If d taxi driver is a moslem (which i am sure he should) then his chances of understanding Arabic is higher than an Igbo-Soldier-Alex trained in US by American commandos!

Anyways nice write up, still following the story bumper to bumper!

E be like say na kilishi and brukutu go make sense for this story abeg maziomenuko borrow me ur vasline incase Alex and Sylvia wan play another rough play
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by uduokirika1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eze2000:

Enlighten me please, are Hausa and Arabic one and d same? Or is one coined from the other? I know 2 Lebanese ladies that speak French and Arabic smoothly but can't talk with an illiterate Hausa man well.

in the intelligence community if u can identify a contact without arranged signal than that contact is no good. WITHOUT THE RIGHT PASSWORD OR SIGNAL U CANNOT ID A GOOD CONTACT STANDING RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE. THE ABILITY TO STAY INVINCIBLE EVEN IN PLAIN SIGHIT IS D BEST QUALITY OF A SPY/CONTACT. IT IS HOW THEY STAY ALIVE! IF YOUR PEOPLE CAN ID U, A CONTACT SO ALSO CAN D ENEMY AND THEY WILL KILL U......WATCHING A FEW JAMES BOND MOVIES WILL TELL U THIS.
AND IF U READ WELL ..COLONEL IYANG SPECIFICALLY TO ALEX NOT TO BOTHER ID-ing THE CONTACT AND ONCE ALEX SAW HER HE KNEW! BUT SHE BROKE A RULE BY SHOWING UP HERSELF ....FOR LOVE'S SAKE......

CAN'T U APPRECIATE A SIMPLE PLOT AND ENJOY FREE STORY? WHY CAN'T U TABLE YOUR OBSERVATIONS WITH LESS MOCKERY? DO U KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WRITE A STORY IN THIS COUNTRY WHERE IS NEVER LIGHT AND D COST OF INTERNET IS SO HIGH? U BROUGHT A FREE STOR I HAVE NOT EVEN EDITED AND U MOCK IT?
PLS GO AROUND ON NAIRALAND AND TELL HOW PERFECT STORIES U SEE BETTER THAN MINE. BOTH IN QUALITY AND GRAMMATICAL PERFECTION. ASK OTHER AUTHERS ...IT TAKES A WEEK TO WRITE A SHORT STORY BUT IT'LL BE ORDINARY....TO DO REAL GOOD U NEED TIME...LOTS OF IT! ...MONTHS.

I'M HERE GIVING U FREE ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE AND U MAKE MONEY ALL DAY COME IN D EVENING TO MOCK MY EFFORTS!

I'M NO SLAVE AND NAIRALAND DOES NOT PAY ME. NOVELS DONT EVEN PAY THAT MUCH ANYWAY........

I'M DONE HERE

Please do not ruin this thread bcause of critics, you ought to know that is inevitable in literally circles.

What makes a good writer Is the amount of critism he/she overcomes and not the syntaxes or form of his write up!

Please keep up the good work we are solidly behind u.
Re: Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke by jelal007(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
iceberylin:
This is a Good piece...

But with too many contradictions.. Alex speaks Arab but knows no Hausa Language?

An over-hyped Alex who needed help on how to ID a contact undecided

Using Exact names like ISIS isn't much fun.. Imagine u called them "BARA". With description (which you are good @) we would figure its ISIS. That's a thrill wink

BtW I'm glued but this seasonal ish undecided
Dude the tone of your comment is too harsh. Tone it down. Show me a story u've written b4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Detection Club / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / Whispers On Christmas Night (horror)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.