Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! (10562 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by vanitty: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2009
This is a classic case of don't shoot the messenger.
He is a businessman, his source of livelihood is to celebrate people through his magazine, the people celebrated are paying him for his services, so what do you expect him to do? let his business goes to red just because he want to please some people? will you do the same?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nezan(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2009
He promotes the lifestyle of looters and told us that anybody who is pissed about it should go and produce a paper that promotes the lifestyle of poor people? So, his mentality is like: steal, become rich, live big, and we at OVATION shall celebrate you.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by r231(m): 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nezan:

He promotes the lifestyle of looters and told us that anybody who is pissed about it should go and produce a paper that promotes the lifestyle of poor people? So, his mentality is like: steal, become rich, live big, and we at OVATION shall celebrate you.

true grin grin grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Moves: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nezan:

He promotes the lifestyle of the wealthy africans, some of which are looters, Not everyone that appears in Ovation magazine is a looter, Its is a paid photo ad.simple
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by citizenY(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]OVATION =SCANDAL SHEET IN PLACE OF A BROTHEL[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by lannre(m): 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
Rather destroy my work, why don't you just do yours, and make it better than mine. The same energy being dissipated at killing Ovation can only produce a better magazine that can showcase the lifestyle of poor Nigerians. There is room for more magazines considering our huge population[color=#000099][/color]

I believe this can open up some Opportunity. If only any readers can make sense from those lines
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by chosen04(f): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2009
lannre:

Rather destroy my work, why don't you just do yours, and make it better than mine. The same energy being dissipated at killing Ovation can only produce a better magazine that can showcase the lifestyle of poor Nigerians. There is room for more magazines considering our huge population[color=#000099][/color]

@LANNRE LINK, UNTIL OVATION STOPS CELEBRATING CRIMINALS AND LOOTERS WE SHALL KEEP SPEAKING OUT AGAINST IT. Dele Momodu can not Celebrate the corrupt people who has made live unbearable for Nigerians and run to Ghana to enjoy the good things of life
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by vanitty: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
^ don't you think it will be a better idea to actually speak out against the politicians themselves not the photographer ? undecided
I mean IF you actually suceed to stop ovation from celebrating "criminals", a million other people will not hesistate to continue where it left off and the cycle wll go on and on and on!
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2009
vanitty:

This is a classic case of don't shoot the messenger.
He is a businessman, his source of livelihood is to celebrate people through his magazine, the people celebrated are paying him for his services, so what do you expect him to do? let his business goes to red just because he want to please some people? will you do the same?

Some Nigerians are just envious of Dele Momodu.
Personally, i don't see nothing wrong with what he does.
There are magazines like Ovation everywhere and Dele is not the one forcing our Politicians to embezzle cash so they can appear on Ovation.
Naija Politicians have been stealing money even before Dele Momodu flew to London.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by nex(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
I don't know what to say about this fellow Momodu. I best say nothing. I did not know how much I hated this Ovation thing till one day they tried to take a picture of me in Magodo and I almost cracked the guy's head in.

Sometimes people wonder why I have no respect for such men and their philosophies. I just worry about the pedestal on which a lot of Nigerians place these people. It is really sad.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Dele is not the one forcing our Politicians to embezzle cash so they can appear on Ovation.
Naija Politicians have been stealing money even before Dele Momodu flew to London.

That is some twisted reasoning. shocked undecided
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2009
ezeagu:

That is some twisted reasoning. shocked undecided

And the above is a spastic reply.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

And the above is a spastic reply.

That's a childish and trashy way to reply to somebody, (hmm do you work for ovation?) if you can't respond to criticism without boring the person, then why reply at all?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by spikedcylinder: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
I don't know why people are grieving over him. The man is an entrepreneur. . . . . . cheesy
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
ezeagu:

That's a childish and trashy way to reply to somebody, (hmm do you work for ovation?) if you can't respond to criticism without boring the person, then why reply at all?

U are daft. . . . . . .
This is a public forum. . . .I aired ma views. . . .Who the hell are you to disagree.
Can u not do the simple thing of stating your opinion and move on?
So everyone who supports Dele's Ovation works for him?
Really. . . . .do you function on a single-digit IQ?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by nex(m): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2009
@Sauron

I think he may have the right to not agree.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are daft. . . . . . .
This is a public forum. . . .I aired ma views. . . .Who the hell are you to disagree.
Can u not do the simple thing of stating your opinion and move on?
So everyone who supports Dele's Ovation works for him?

Well I did air my opinion and I said that that was twisted reasoning. I mean I had to reply to that, I think that's why there's a reply button, and it's not as if I cursed you out. Anybody can disagree with anything, I don't have to be 'anybody' to disagree.

I meant your reply seemed like you worked for the magazine, I was being funny.

~Sauron~:

Okay. . . .? moving on . . . . .  grin
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by omobachi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
chosen04:

all dele does is celebrates rich people and their successes, whether they are crooks or righteous, no exception, and that is journalism.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
nex:

@Sauron

I think he may have the right to not agree.

I don't give a rat's ass about what he agrees. . . . .He should disagree with Dele's concept not tell me my reasoning is twisted.
Why do we have fickle-minded twats in here FFS?

ezeagu:

Well I did air my opinion and I said that that was twisted reasoning. I mean I had to reply to that, I think that's why there's a reply button, and it's not as if I cursed you out. Anybody can disagree with anything, I don't have to be 'anybody' to disagree.

I meant your reply seemed like you worked for the magazine, I was being funny.

Don't ever say ma reasoning is twisted. . . . . .Attack Dele Momodu, don't attack me.
You narrow-minded gits should learn how to articulate your words.
Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2009
The question should be; is Dele Momodu different from most nigerians?

Bunch of cowards, sycophants and hypocritical bastards. shocked angry

Bite me.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't ever say ma reasoning is twisted. . . . . .Attack Dele Momodu, don't attack me.
Arrant nonsense!!!

It's . . . . the internet.  grin Who or what are you, some kinda untouchable that I can't reply to your posts? I will reply to any post I please, if you don't like it skip over the replies, there's a reason there's a reply button, foolishness, about "Arrant nonsense!!!"
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by oge4real(f): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by maedan(f): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Got nothing but respect and admiration for D.Momodu, from back in the day when he had that back-page feature in Punch or something, before he fled the country and later started Ovation. He's a great achiever, no matter what one might think of his personal or professional leanings.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2009
ezeagu:

It's . . . . the internet.  grin Who or what are you, some kinda untouchable that I can't reply to your posts? I will reply to any post I please, if you don't like it skip over the replies, there's a reason there's a reply button, foolishness, about "Arrant nonsense!!!"

You are a silly hilly-billy and at this point, i am not even sure your thinking faculty is working the way it should work.
Whether you vent your sexual frustration here or not, it does not stop Dele Momodu.
U this hypocritical cunt.
Anuofia.

All y'all can do is to criticise a man that has made a fortune outta nothing without embezzlement.
Instead of you to worry about the Ngiges and Chris Ubas giving y'all a bad name. . . .U are fighting a momentum greater than you.
Sit down here on Nairaland and keep bringing him down.
What u eat don't make him shit.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Afam(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't give a rat's ass about what he agrees. . . . .He should disagree with Dele's concept not tell me my reasoning is twisted.
Why do we have fickle-minded twats in here FFS?

Arrant nonsense!!!

Hmm, wait oooo, if someone puts down something that seems (or is) twisted are you saying no one should or can make a statement that the statement is (or looks) twisted?

You may be better off asking the guy to explain or justify the comment.

I can bet you that no corrupt Nigerian wants to be seen as corrupt or will even agree he/she is corrupt.

Just thinking allowed here as I cannot understand how someone that has used very bad words on people on this thread is telling another not to state that his reasoning is twisted.

We must learn to understand where our rights stop and where the rights of others begin.

@topic,

It is becoming rather unfortunate that some people have twisted the issue and turned this into a case of hate, envy, jealousy etc while conveniently avoiding the core issues that bother on Dele's column where he seems to be blaming corrupt Nigerians even when he celebrates them in his magazine.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

All y'all can do is to criticise a man that has made a fortune outta nothing without embezzlement.
Instead of you to worry about the Ngiges and Chris Ubas giving y'all a bad name. . . .U are fighting a momentum greater than you.

From commenting on:

~Sauron~:

There are magazines like Ovation everywhere and Dele is not the one forcing our Politicians to embezzle cash so they can appear on Ovation.

Where did you get the "bringing him down" from? I didn't even mention his name in any of my posts, ever.  

~Sauron~:

Whether you vent your sexual frustration here or not, it does not stop Dele Momodu.

Is that your subconsious talking? No wonder the anger.  grin

~Sauron~:

Anuofia.

Back to sender, you filthy 'human being'.  smiley
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by chic2pimp(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
Tribalism has started again oooo. U lot should take a chill pill man undecided.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Sauron1: 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
Afam:

Hmm, wait oooo, if someone puts down something that seems (or is) twisted are you saying no one should or can make a statement that the statement is (or looks) twisted?
You may be better off asking the guy to explain or justify the comment.

I don't join issues with ignoramuses so asking him to justify his drivel is bollocks.

I can bet you that no corrupt Nigerian wants to be seen as corrupt or will even agree he/she is corrupt.

So Dele is corrupt cos he has a global venture? OK Magazine is corrupt as well?
See the thinking of these half-baked graduates.

Just thinking allowed here as I cannot understand how someone that has used very bad words on people on this thread is telling another not to state that his reasoning is twisted.

Continue to think ALLOWED. . . . .Just don't think like a Silverback.

We must learn to understand where our rights stop and where the rights of others begin.

Ma right starts and stops where i want it to.
A sheep shagger like you is far far below me to be telling me about ma rights.
Association of Igbo trolls.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2009
chic2pimp:

Tribalism has started again oooo. U lot should take a chill pill man undecided.

This time we can pinpoint the source. . . . .

~Sauron~:

Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by rikkyjen(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Some Nigerians are just envious of Dele Momodu.
Personally, i don't see nothing wrong with what he does.

And does this justifies Momodu's jejune beatification and deitification of these theiving politicians?

So because the politicans have been corrupt before Dele got to London, so Dele can trumpet their ill-gotten wealth?

In your opinion, Jackal, corruption began before Momodu and it would still be there after Momudu. . So because of that, we can't chastise Momodu for his obvious connivance and macabre dances with the swindlers and profiteers that have bedeviled  Nigeria to a near brinkmanship and comatose?

Jackal, your poistion on this issue is untenable and out of touch. A day in Ajangbadi, Ajanlekoko and the Ajegunle/olodi axis would convince you that people like Momodu have no excuse and are in fact part of the rot that is throwing Nigeria off the cliff and holding Nigeria by the balls!
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are a silly hilly-billy and at this point, i am not even sure your thinking faculty is working the way it should work.
Anuofia.

Considering Ngige's past work, why do people have to worry about him giving people bad name?

Where are you driving at?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by ezeagu(m): 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
nuzo:

Considering Ngige's past work, why do people have to worry about him giving people bad name?

Where are you driving at?

Don't go there he/she (it is a she right) is trying to lead you there, can we say "chip on it's shoulder"? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary / Usman Bayero Nafada Wins Gombe PDP Governorship Primaries / Warri Channel Dredging Contract Politically Motivated — Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.