Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64057 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
aiittt hun, you did well. you delivered that ass whooping to Shym3xx like a champ. gurl you something else. hmm hmm hmmm you something special gurl grin

Hahaha. I like you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:19am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Peace! Receive some sense and just let go. Stop acting like a bitch. You're a dude, for Bleep sake's

There's no sex in banter. grin

Are we cool again now?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:19am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Hahaha. I like you too.
gurl you special. sleep tight. catch up with you lata wink grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:21am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

I wasn't gonna go hard on the chic but you gassed her. Now she's crying. You're a fool.

lolzzz nigga you done. go to bed. be sure to sleep in the shape of an L grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:21am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
gurl you special. sleep tight. catch up with you lata wink grin

Biitch arse constellation reading nutter. grin

I've got thousands of Ls to expend on you. You can't run from that shiit. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:23am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Biitch arse constellation reading nutter. grin

I've got thousands of Ls to expend on you. You can't run from that shiit. grin

nigga let it go. go to bed. you live to fight another day. take this L for tonight and suck it up. aaaitttttttt mate ? wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:23am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
lolzzz nigga you done. go to bed. be sure to sleep in the shape of an L grin

Lol. You're the king of Ls SuLLot the Big L. grin

Why are you running from me these days? Tired of taking Ls, no?

My post to you on the other thread is still waiting for a reply. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:24am On Jun 29, 2016
Vicchi12,

Why are you so quiet? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:26am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. You're the king of Ls SuLLot the Big L. grin

Why are you running from me these days? Tired of taking Ls, no?

My post to you on the other thread is still waiting for a reply. grin
let it go bi-tch nigga. you live to fight another day. take this big L and use it for a pillow while you sleep tonite. aittttt wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:28am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
let it go bi-tch nigga. you live to fight another day. take this big L and use it for a pillow while you sleep tonite. aittttt wink

Nah, I think the chic is feeling emotional right now cos I probably went too far. These people know I'm utterly disrespectful, yet they always want to come at me.

You're next tho. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by bluestone2015: 2:30am On Jun 29, 2016
This was my experience.
When I got married, people asked why I was not gaining weight. They said that a married woman should gain a little weight to show that she is well taken care of by her husband. l ignored them.

When I got pregnant, I was told to eat for two. I simply ignored and continued to eat my usual ration until I was delivered. I did this for my three pregnancies.

When I put to bed, I was told to eat a lot so that the baby will have enough to eat. I again ignored that advice.

In addition, I cut down on my food intake whenever I discover that I have gained a few kgs.

Today, I gained only about 8kg in 12 years. My fellow women even compliments my stature.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:
Vicchi12,

Why are you so quiet? grin

Why you clowning? Huh?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:33am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Why you clowning? Huh?

Wanna kiss and make up? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:34am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Nah, I think the chic is feeling emotional right now cos I probably went too far. These people know I'm utterly disrespectful, yet they always want to come at me.

You're next tho. grin

It's late. Big daddy don't like me rough in here. So I let you go...bih...pus...oh vag...oh I meant shym3xx
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Wanna kiss and make up? grin

Like uhnm...the princess and the frog? smileynah, thanks. I'm happily married.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

You're next tho. grin
yeah am next up to deliver another bout of butt whooping to you, but i will let you recuperate tonight after that phenomenal butt whooping you just received from vicchi12 so I will catch yo ass 2moz. AM OUT

NB my mentions aint working too well. NL tripping. Your posts dont trigger my mentions all the time so it is what it is.
wink wink grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:39am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
yeah am next up to deliver another bout of butt whooping to you, but i will let you recuperate tonight after that phenomenal butt whooping you just received from vicchi12 so I will catch yo ass 2moz. AM OUT

NB my mentions aint working too well. NL tripping. Your posts dont trigger my mentions all the time so it is what it is.
wink wink grin grin

We need to hook up here from time to time. That 'girl' needs us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:39am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Like uhnm...the princess and the frog? smileynah, thanks. I'm happily married.

Lol. Nah, the King and the maid. You know Kings get busy with maids from time to time. grin

You're happily married, yet you're telling me that you're "badder" than my chics, no?

Married women do have fun. Bring ya lips here. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by pippimp(m): 2:41am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

This post of yours aptly sums up the key reasons why I created this topic: for a better marriage, nothing more. But a lot of ladies are furious over the issue because they misconstrued it as a bashing thing. Far from it.

We all have women in our families and we know they must gain inevitable weight over the years. This is normal. But my post is saying "REMEMBER THAT YOUR HUSBAND WAS FIRSTLY ATTRACTED TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR LOOKS, SO TRY NOT TO ALLOW YOUR WEIGHT GAIN GO OUT OF CONTROL".

If he maintains that he loves you overshooting your BMI right into obesity, then how nice! The essence of this discussion is to save potentially threatened marriages.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:42am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

wink wink grin grin

Lol.

I would whoop ya arse in my sleep. You're always light work. grin

Ya mentions ain't working but you replied other posts and ignored mine. Pants on fire. grin

Keep running from ya Ls...I'll catch you slipping soon.

I'm off NL for 3 weeks but when I come back - it's straight uzi on ya arse. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. Nah, the King and the maid. You know Kings get busy with maids from time to time. grin

You're happily married, yet you're telling me that you're "badder" than my chics, no?

Married women do have fun. Bring ya lips here. grin

Your chics? You a tranny for real? shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:43am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Your chics? You a tranny for real? shocked

You wanna let me lips you or what?

I ain't got patience for games. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:47am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

We need to hook up here from time to time. That 'girl' needs us.
fasho, we definitely gotta do that. that bi-tch nigga Shym3xx needs to be tamed. he a prehistoric neanderthal caveman knuckle-dragging Australopithecus nigga that needs the firepower only you can deliver to tame his uncouth ass lolzzzz. we definitely gotta hook up grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 2:48am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol.

I would whoop ya arse in my sleep. You're always light work. grin

Ya mentions ain't working but you replied other posts and ignored mine. Pants on fire. grin

Keep running from ya Ls...I'll catch you slipping soon.

I'm off NL for 3 weeks but when I come back - it's straight uzi on ya arse. grin
this ass whooping you received tonight was so devastating that you need 3 weeks to recover from it ? dayummmmmm shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:49am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
fasho, we definitely gotta do that. that bitch nigga Shym3xx needs to be tamed. he a prehistoric neanderthal caveman knuckle-dragging Australopithecus nigga that needs the firepower only you can deliver to tame his uncouth ass lolzzzz. we definitely gotta hook up grin

Loool.

You're forming a coalition for me now, my nyggah? grin

Vicchi12 is my bae and once I give her the kiss of death, she'll join my team and leave you stranded for a barrage of Ls. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 2:52am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
this ass whooping you received tonight was so devastating that you need 3 weeks to recover from it ? dayummmmmm shocked

Lol. You know shym3xx never runs from wars and he's always victorious in all battles. grin

I'm not even about for now and you can see I've been a tad off NL for days now. Got shyte to do my nyggah. It's summer and that's when real nyggah have fun in different climes. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 2:59am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
fasho, we definitely gotta do that. that bi-tch nigga Shym3xx needs to be tamed. he a prehistoric neanderthal caveman knuckle-dragging Australopithecus nigga that needs the firepower only you can deliver to tame his uncouth ass lolzzzz. we definitely gotta hook up grin

Where are you ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by abbey621(m): 2:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Everybody keeps worrying about women gaining weight once married but when we look at things closely, men gain just as much. Especially Yoruba men,we become comfortable eating 3 solid meals per day and coming home knowing the women took care of most things domestic. If you see a man that didn't gain weight after several years of marriage, please INVESTIGATE! Such a man is either ill or stressed out by a wicked wife. Furthermore, at least women have genuine excuses such as child bearing and high hormonal imbalance but we men just naturally become comfy and the pot belly gradually begins to form, at the end of the day gaining weight is okay as long as it is not excessive. If a woman is clean,good mannered, dresses sexy and is sexually active, her husband won't resist her even with a little added weight, this is a FACT! The only thing that still manages to baffle me till date is how a man could complain of a woman getting fat when he himself is packing on extra pounds and gradually becomes sexually inefficient grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 3:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool.

You're forming a coalition for me now, my nyggah? grin

Vicchi12 is my bae and once I give her the kiss of death, she'll join my team and leave you stranded for a barrage of Ls. grin

Never joining your camp. Don't eat my vomit
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by elektra(f): 3:05am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

If I tell you how long I've been married, and how trim my wife is even after child bearing, and her schedule in her workplace and also her exercise regimen, you would swear that I'm not a Nigerian. Maybe I got some of my values from having lived overseas and seen how extremely busy working class couples, work so hard to stay sweet and sexy. They jog on the streets at any given opportunity. They obtain gym memberships.

The problem with people like you is that you live a life of burden. "Oh the kids!" " "oh the cooking!" "Oh the stress of being a family man or woman" And I ask you, are you the first married man in Nigeria?

Ah ah, so wetin come consain you with other people's wives? I think say you open thread about your own experience sef, I no know say na aproko dey worry you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by eemjay(f): 3:23am On Jun 29, 2016
halfricanadian:
The problem the husband nd his relative will giv her is enof for her to swell up from within

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by chrispratt: 3:29am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

Oh yes some men gain weight and pot belly. That's a topic for another thread (probably there's a thread on NL which explores the subject).

Talking about pregnancy, do you think that the weight gain during the process is irreversible? I could mention [b]well known Nigerian ladies who are still in a fantastic shape even after putting to bed.

[/b]From my own little observation, too much food coupled with lack of exercise is the biggest contributor.

These well known Nigerian ladies you speak of most likely have nannies, househelps, cooks who cook healthy meals, maybe personal trainers, and time to exercise. Have you ever spent your day caring for the needs of a little child? Or two? Or three? Overseeing the housework at the same time? Not having enough sleep thanks to said children? Going to the market? I don't know where you live, but not every road can be used for walks. Our roads aren't pedestrian accessible and a lot of areas are flooded, etc. Probably, this could be someone's reality.

Just another way of looking at things. Oh and lets not forget depression from a number of issues. Some people eat when they are sad. When a couple have children, esp in Nigeria, the man's life goes on as if nothing changed. He can travel and do whatever he wants without having to drag the kids around with him. Unlike a mother who cannot even got to the bathroom without your kids following you. All I'm saying is instead of making sweeping generalizations, look at the bigger picture.

I don't doubt that a lot of people both men and women don't know what to eat in order to stay healthy, but not in all cases. And it doesn't apply only to Nigerian ladies. More than a third of American adults are obese. Both male and female. So I don't think it's just a fufu issue.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady / How Do I Forgive Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.