Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,406 members, 7,861,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. (2651 Views)

Please Girls, If I Woo You Don't ''gree''-tired Of Womanwrappery / Sex Starved Girls Come In..ur life is about to change / This Girl Is Killing Me.... Please Girls On N.l Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by foolinlove(f): 8:59am On Jul 01, 2016
ClintonDal:

Haha, you see why being a smart ass will never help. The question was posed by the Op and I only concurred to what he said or rather his opinion. You even shot yourself in the foot when you said this - but a woman simply stating she was raped when questioned why she wasn't a virgin.
because that is clearly the basis of my argument.
You even had to descend as low as bringing in gender to the matter. You claim to be opinionated and smart but at any slight issue you will try to use gender and wiggle your way out of it. Sensitivity isn't at play here, if any one was sensitive then it's definitely you.
Your acclaimed "perfect" write up is full of blunders which I ignored cause schooling you on grammar while ignoring the matter at hand is useless.
Take a sit and re-assess yourself, you need to grow up and stop being misguided.

You may also care to know that I don't "always" use my gender to "wiggle out" of anything. I use it to my advantage and defend women.

And being opinionated doesn't mean you're smart. Many stupid people are opinionated.

I still suggest adult literacy classes.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by ClintonDal(m): 9:09am On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:

It took you that long to think of an argument?

The conversation would be like this:

Man: Were you raped?
Woman: Yes.

That is *agreeance*.

Other conversation goes like this:

Man: Why aren't you a virgin?
Woman: I was raped.

That is *admission*.

See the difference now? English is a subtle language. I can see why you have difficulty.

And about what am I misguided?
Jeez, can you even hear yourself? Now I can stop replying you. It's very clear now you don't know jack and anyone who is well versed in grammar would attest to that.

That is *admission*.

How is her response an admission? The first is "agreeance" as you put it but the second is just an explanation as to why she isn't a virgin. Don't get it twisted and confuse your slow brain alright. And to correct you, English is not a subtle language neither is *agreeance* a globally accepted English word. It's only mostly used in New Zealand and France.
And for my late reply, sorry to burst your bubble am not as jobless as you definitely seem to be. To move forward in life you have to get down from your high horse.
Don't mention me again, am done schooling you. Cheers
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by foolinlove(f): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2016
ClintonDal:

Jeez, can you even hear yourself? Now I can stop replying you. It's very clear now you don't know jack and anyone who is well versed in grammar would attest to that.

That is *admission*.

How is her response an admission? The first is "agreeance" as you put it but the second is just an explanation as to why she isn't a virgin. Don't get it twisted and confuse your slow brain alright. And to correct you, English is not a subtle language neither is *agreeance* a globally accepted English word. It's only mostly used in New Zealand and France.
And for my late reply, sorry to burst your bubble am not as jobless as you definitely seem to be. To move forward in life you have to get down from your high horse.
Don't mention me again, am done schooling you. Cheers

Admission: to admit.

She admitted to being raped.

Agreeance: to agree.

And I'm not jobless - I am in a different time zone.

I am not the one needs schooling. I've attended some of the best schools in the world and achieved some of the highest grades in each of my years there.

English is a very subtle language. There are lots of words with synonyms that have subtleties of meaning, it's not black and white like German.

The idea of you "schooling" me makes me laugh. How old are you? 20? Get over yourself. And keep studying English.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by ClintonDal(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:

You may also care to know that I don't "always" use my gender to "wiggle out" of anything. I use it to my advantage and defend women.

And being opinionated doesn't mean you're smart. Many stupid people are opinionated.

I still suggest adult literacy classes.
And you couldn't resist quoting me again. Let me school you once more, I never said being opinionated means you're smart. Re-read that sentence slowly and try to comprehend the context. And as I suggested earlier, work on your comprehension skills. You must not reply me so quickly okay, it just exposes your inadequacies. Anyone can be opinionated or smart, I never insinuated they went hand in hand.
PS: I think you should take your own advice and enroll for literacy classes. It will definitely do you some good.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by foolinlove(f): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2016
ClintonDal:

And you couldn't resist quoting me again. Let me school you once more, I never said being opinionated means you're smart. Re-read that sentence slowly and try to comprehend the context. And as I suggested earlier, work on your comprehension skills. You must not reply me so quickly okay, it just exposes your inadequacies. Anyone can be opinionated or smart, I never insinuated they went hand in hand.
PS: I think you should take your own advice and enroll for literacy classes. It will definitely do you some good.

You said I claimed to be opinionated and smart... I don't remember claiming to be opinionated. Nor can I see it in my posts.

I may be opinionated, but I never claimed such.

So when you say "opinionated and smart", it implies the two go hand in hand.

Subtlety. The art of the English langauge.

Never studied Shakespeare, have you?
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by ClintonDal(m): 9:37am On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:

Admission: to admit.

She admitted to being raped.

Agreeance: to agree.

And I'm not jobless - I am in a different time zone.

I am not the one needs schooling. I've attended some of the best schools in the world and achieved some of the highest grades in each of my years there.

English is a very subtle language. There are lots of words with synonyms that have subtleties of meaning, it's not black and white like German.

The idea of you "schooling" me makes me laugh. How old are you? 20? Get over yourself. And keep studying English.
I can see you're still confused, that also makes me wonder what best schools you attended and who actually awarded you those highest grades.
He never asked if she was raped, he asked why she wasn't a virgin and she replied by saying she was raped. Admission does not apply in this scenario.
Lol, another time zone indeed. Is that supposed to make you seem sophisticated? You ain't the only one to have studied overseas or in another time zone, yet again get down from your high horse.
Am a lil bit curious, since you mentioned age..... how old are you?
I ask because for someone who claim to be well versed or rather well traveled, you should know that age is not a yardstick in determination of intelligence.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by ClintonDal(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:

You said I claimed to be opinionated and smart... I don't remember claiming to be opinionated. Nor can I see it in my posts.

I may be opinionated, but I never claimed such.

So when you say "opinionated and smart", it implies the two go hand in hand.

Subtlety. The art of the English langauge.

Never studied Shakespeare, have you?
Damn your confusion is legendary, opinionated and smart doesn't go hand in hand. It's like saying being tall and strong goes hand in hand. There are lots of opinionated person who are stupid, and I just met one today. There are also tall people who are weak.
And again, that you have studied Shakespeare doesn't make you good at diction. You have a lot to learn. Don't mention me again, face your fictitious job in your time zone undecided that stuff only wows nitwits who suffer from complex problems. Get on with your life please. And if studying your version of English is better, I rather remain a dummy.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by foolinlove(f): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2016
ClintonDal:

Damn your confusion is legendary, opinionated and smart doesn't go hand in hand. It's like saying being tall and strong goes hand in hand. There are lots of opinionated person who are stupid, and I just met one today. There are also tall people who are weak.
And again, that you have studied Shakespeare doesn't make you good at diction. You have a lot to learn. Don't mention me again, face your fictitious job in your time zone undecided that stuff only wows nitwits who suffer from complex problems. Get on with your life please. And if studying your version of English is better, I rather remain a dummy.

Just FYI: diction is how you enunciate your words, now how you write. I'm good at both.

Studying Shakespeare allows you to learn how subtle and emotive the English langauge is. Maybe you could study that, and Noam Chomsky's assertions of English linguistics. Continuance etc.

I only mentioned my job and time zone because you stooped to personal insult - I was defending myself. I'm not Nigerian, I've never even been to Africa.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by foolinlove(f): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2016
ClintonDal:

I can see you're still confused, that also makes me wonder what best schools you attended and who actually awarded you those highest grades.
He never asked if she was raped, he asked why she wasn't a virgin and she replied by saying she was raped. Admission does not apply in this scenario.
Lol, another time zone indeed. Is that supposed to make you seem sophisticated? You ain't the only one to have studied overseas or in another time zone, yet again get down from your high horse.
Am a lil bit curious, since you mentioned age..... how old are you?
I ask because for someone who claim to be well versed or rather well traveled, you should know that age is not a yardstick in determination of intelligence.

Admission does apply. I will send you back to my post with the two scenarios. One contains an example of a lady admitting she was raped, and an example of agreeing she was raped. There is a difference.

So you learned something.

I only referred to your age because you seem so young and arrogant. I am almost 30.

Here I was having a conversation about langauge and you stoop to personal insults and abuse. Shows your immaturity is all. Which is not dependent on age, but is usually correlated.

Anyway, if you think you have nothing to learn... that's your life.
Re: Please, Girls , Come Up With Another Lie. by ClintonDal(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:

Just FYI: diction is how you enunciate your words, now how you write. I'm good at both.

Studying Shakespeare allows you to learn how subtle and emotive the English langauge is. Maybe you could study that, and Noam Chomsky's assertions of English linguistics. Continuance etc.

I only mentioned my job and time zone because you stooped to personal insult - I was defending myself. I'm not Nigerian, I've never even been to Africa.
Oh really, I was the one who stooped to personal insults? Be you Nigerian or not is none of my concern neither is you not having visited Africa an issue. To make one thing clear, I don't insult people online. And never did I abuse you. Come to think of it, it was actually you who threw the first and personal jab citing I should enroll for adult lessons and that I was sensitive taking corrections from a woman.
You even called me arrogant and brought up the age issue, so don't act as if I attacked you. Even when u made ur first post I went ahead to correct mine but you just had to throw in a little insult to make you feel good and superior.
I've worked with a lot of women and my current boss is a woman. In my late 20's too, even after stating your age you went ahead to call me immature. So, right now am done arguing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Minute Do U Spend In The Bathroom / American Nicki Minaj Vs Naija Nicki Minaj / Very Funny Signboard I Saw Along The Road In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.