Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) (85527 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Police Remove Biafra Flag In Ebonyi State University (Photos) / Akpabio Jogging Before Super Eagles Match In Uyo Stadium. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by MrSly(m): 12:40am On Jul 10, 2016
bejeiodus:
And how would that have helped their struggle? Violence won't birth Biafra. They could have won him over by being civil to him.
You are wrong. Nigerian police is the last person that can be won by either modesty or civility. Only N50 could do the magic...lol but true
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by toofit007: 12:52am On Jul 10, 2016
willibounce1:

Go and do your biafra nonsense in the north and see what becomes of you.
dont be so clueless bro, Is north part of BIAFRA land? think! think!! think!!! and stop advertising ur ignorant on social Media.

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 10, 2016
The policeman thinks the Igbo youths are like those Cowardly Tiger-Claw chest beaters across the Niger

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 1:15am On Jul 10, 2016
1 - The officer has no right to "snatch" the flag, it is the personal property of the said individual. Unless the said flag is being used to abuse the rights of others and impede visibility it can not be removed from him

2- The youths have no moral justification to attempt to assault an officer of the law.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Gamesmart: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2016
He should have shot them when they tried to attack him.
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by hervin(m): 2:57am On Jul 10, 2016
nerodenero:
You can't have a nation in a nation. Ignorance is punishable in this case. I have nothing against the actualization of Biafra but displaying that flag in a territory owned by Nigeria is suicidal.

Tell them grin. When government begins to take action they'll say they didn't provoke anyone.
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by hervin(m): 2:58am On Jul 10, 2016
sweetgala:
1 - The officer has no right o snatch the flag, it is a personal property of the said individual. Unless the said flag is being used to abuse the rights of others and impede visibility ti can not be removed from him

2- The youths have no moral justification to attempt to assault an officer of the law.

Well said tongue
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by obie206(m): 3:03am On Jul 10, 2016
Olopa, u wan snatch our flag, inside our house! Life don tire u be dat!
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by xerxes456(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2016
toofit007:
it seems that u don't even know what your saying, if Catalonia is not a state but a recognized region, then what will u say to the very part they call OLD EASTHERN REGION in Nigeria? now if Catalonia is having PRIME MINISTER in this present days which I believe is what gave u the boldness to give ur consent on them calling for secession, then who was OJUKWU or what was OJUKWU post to the eastern region during the BIAFRA war? pls answer this simple question for me because I can see that truth is always bitter for u people to swallow .by the way is Nigeria a NATION that u can claim that the sovereignty is not negotiable?
now that ojukwu is dead who is d prime minister of the eastern region? nitwit
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2016
Ngozi123:

I honestly thought that you were talking about Nigeria with respect to this statement here. Nigeria stopped being a nation in 1970 as all the hopes that the people had for true sovereignty and nationhood died with B.iafra. Look at all the feelings and emotions that B.iafra evokes from its people even today; could you sincerely say that there are as many Nigerians who are as 'proud' of their country as the B.iafrans? I would say that the only truly patriotic generation of Nigerians were those who fought for our independence. Since then, we've been run by a bunch of selfish money grabbers whose only interest is hoarding all of the country's wealth and sharing it with their rich banking friends in the West, who are only too happy to comply... Meanwhile, the rest of us are busy lamenting over our woes, blaming every Dick, Tom and Harry for our problems whilst refusing to do anything about it, right?

Say what you want about individuals like Nnamdi Kanu but I don't understand how any African can disparage the B.iafran movement- it's a correction of the wrongs done to us by colonialism. You don't have to agree with it but, as an African, you must surely understand the sentiment behind it.
My signature says it all really.. I have become indifferent to Nigerian politics and will stick for those who want true democracy.I have studied the civil war and nigerian history extensively, and I can boldly admit the 67-70 war was a great sin against a people. Nzeogwu and co were pure nationalists who were misunderstood. But this agitation, Kanu's bafra is one founded on lies, it is one that doesn't see justice as the basis for it's freedom but hatred. What does He preach if not that 'yorobbers' are born saboteurs and hate the igbos? that's self pity..that's stirring hatred on the minds of some ill informed people. when oshodi was demolished the RBL said igbo shops were demolished.How does the man in the hinterland of anambra fully understand that isn't truly the case? the attacks on 'yoruba pastors' the rants on YouTube.. what did it lead to? how many igbo youth have died since august till now. the b fran war of the 60's were fought by the finest of soldiers who knew what they wanted..not just stir peoples emotion. I have not and will never be against b fra. I just struggle to find the parallel between the the bfra of then and now. I don't hate the igbos, my family is as multi cultural as it can get. Ultimately, we all deserve our freedom from this entity.

Pls pardon the long note.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by toofit007: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2016
CriticMaestro:
now that ojukwu is dead who is d prime minister of the eastern region? nitwit
the type of government that produces Ojukwu as the Prime Minister is it the types of government that is still been practiced in Nigeria today?
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by ceejay4real(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Shut that trap and say only what you know. Check pictures below.
This is catalonia people proudly displaying their flag in the street of Barcelona.
Enough of this rubbish, you hate people with all your heart yet you tremble each time you hear that they want to leave you with your hatred.

Don't mind the useless urchin, he doesn't know that the right to self determination is a fundamental human right which can't be legislated upon. Scotland and Quebec easily come to mind. In the case of Biafra, the basis for secession is even more authentic owing to the events of 1966 and the genocide perpetrated by Gowon's junta during the Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970). You hate a people, yet you don't want them to leave the fake Union and stand on their own. Na wa o!
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by ceejay4real(m): 8:42am On Jul 10, 2016
csamii:

Talk about noises, shouts and thuggery, you talk about south west.

My brother if you say Igbos are violent what would you say about the Hausa/ Fulani who have been butchering people since time immemorial? Or the Niger deltans who have been sabotaging the Oil and gas industry any time they want to send a message across to the national leadership? Na wa o! Why are you trying so hard to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it? You guys hate the Igbos so much, why don't you allow them make a choice via a REFERENDUM? I guess you and I already know the outcome of such an exercise. It would be an EMPHATIC statement of REJECTION of your fake Union called Nigeria!
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by elsomm(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2016
nerodenero:
The flags were allowed after a ban on it was lifted. Football matches should not be used for political confrontation. The politicians in Catalonia are serious about seccession, the reason the ban was lifted but how many polithiefcians in the East are truly ready for the agitation.

As I have said, I have nothing against secession but the leaders are not ready.

Are the eastern politicians the only people that matter in the whole East? You actually have something against secession.
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by csamii: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2016
ceejay4real:

My brother if you say Igbos are violent what would you say about the Hausa/ Fulani who have been butchering people since time immemorial? Or the Niger deltans who have been sabotaging the Oil and gas industry any time they want to send a message across to the national leadership? Na wa o! Why are you trying so hard to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it? You guys hate the Igbos so much, why don't you allow them make a choice via a REFERENDUM? I guess you and I already know the outcome of such an exercise. It would be an EMPHATIC statement of REJECTION of your fake Union called Nigeria!

I'm Igbo. Why would I hate my own?
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by OFFICIAL336: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Pour mud on me, but pls respect the flag. Its sacred. #Thanks
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Ngozi123(f): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
Omoluabi16:
My signature says it all really.. I have become indifferent to Nigerian politics and will stick for those who want true democracy.I have studied the civil war and nigerian history extensively, and I can boldly admit the 67-70 war was a great sin against a people. Nzeogwu and co were pure nationalists who were misunderstood. But this agitation, Kanu's bafra is one founded on lies, it is one that doesn't see justice as the basis for it's freedom but hatred. What does He preach if not that 'yorobbers' are born saboteurs and hate the igbos? that's self pity..that's stirring hatred on the minds of some ill informed people. when oshodi was demolished the RBL said igbo shops were demolished.How does the man in the hinterland of anambra fully understand that isn't truly the case? the attacks on 'yoruba pastors' the rants on YouTube.. what did it lead to? how many igbo youth have died since august till now. the b fran war of the 60's were fought by the finest of soldiers who knew what they wanted..not just stir peoples emotion. I have not and will never be against b fra. I just struggle to find the parallel between the the bfra of then and now. I don't hate the igbos, my family is as multi cultural as it can get. Ultimately, we all deserve our freedom from this entity.

Pls pardon the long note.

Good post.

I somewhat agree with you on your point about the differences between the B.iafran cause in 1967 and the one now as some fragments have been taken over by hate-filled leaders. However, one must always look at the context when analysing these things. Why is it that these leaders who preach nothing but hate are so popular in the East now? If the likes of Nnamdi Kanu were present in the 1960s, would he be as popular as he is now? I don't believe that he would and this is because of the hatred that the Nigerian government have propagated in our society. This divide and conquer strategy which they learned from the British, might I add, has been going on for years- even since before the civil war but it has now spread its tentacles to every single part of our society. The Igbo learned this hatred, make no mistake about it. It's because of this toxicity why I feel that the Igbos, and all other tribes, need to separate themselves from this entity and start again. Also, it is imperative that we do this in a diplomatic and democratic manner as that would separate 'the wheat from the chaff' when it comes to selecting prospective leaders.
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Emytexboy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
toofit007:
do u really know the meaning of a nation? or ur among those half baked graduate? no! I doubt it if u ever received education in the four walls of a class room cos if u did, I will never come to this public domain to call Nigeria a nation. tell me one or two things that make Nigeria a nation? u see, what ever u are not clear with pls always take ur time to carry out a research on it before u say anything. even the founding father of Nigeria declare with there own mouth that Nigeria is not a nation and will forever not be. let me educate u more with the picture above or below.
nation

etymology

From Middle English nacion, nacioun, from Old French nation, nacion, nasion, from Latin nationem, accusative of natio from natus, past participle stem of nasci.

noun (plural nations)
- An historically constituted, stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, ethnicity and/or psychological make-up manifested in a common culture.
The Roma are a nation without a country.
The Kurdish people constitute a nation in the Middle East

- (international) A sovereign state.
Though legally single nations, many states comprise several distinct cultural or ethnic groups.

- (chiefly) An association of students based on their birthplace or ethnicity.
Once widespread across Europe in medieval times, nations are now largely restricted to the ancient universities of Sweden and Finland.

- (obsolete) A great number; a great deal.
a nation of herbs

synonyms
- (nationality, people group, race or kindred) thede
- (an association of students) student nation
etymology

Probably short for damnation.

noun
- (rare) Damnation.

adverb
- (rare) Extremely; very
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by datigbogirl: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
SeverusSnape:

grin
The police man chose the wrong place to show his 'Law maintaining' ability.

No mind am
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by toofit007: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
Emytexboy:

nation

etymology

From Middle English nacion, nacioun, from Old French nation, nacion, nasion, from Latin nationem, accusative of natio from natus, past participle stem of nasci.

noun (plural nations)
- An historically constituted, stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, ethnicity and/or psychological make-up manifested in a common culture.
The Kurdish people constitute a nation in the Middle East

- (international) A sovereign state.
Though legally single nations, many states comprise several distinct cultural or ethnic groups.

- (chiefly) An association of students based on their birthplace or ethnicity.
Once widespread across Europe in medieval times, nations are now largely restricted to the ancient universities of Sweden and Finland.

- (obsolete) A great number; a great deal.
a nation of herbs

synonyms
- (nationality, people group, race or kindred) thede
- (an association of students) student nation
etymology

Probably short for damnation.

noun
- (rare) Damnation.

adverb
- (rare) Extremely; very

noun (plural nations)
- An historically constituted, stable COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE, formed on the basis of a COMMON LANGUAGE, TERRITORY, ECONOMIC LIFE, ETHNICITY AND/OR PSYCHOLOGICAL MAKE-UP MANIFESTED IN A COMMON CULTURE.
The Kurdish people constitute a nation in the Middle East. per the capitalised words has properly explained to the fact that Nigeria is not a nation.
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Inova(m): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

Don't mind the ibo. Even when they all stayed in their region. Your father and my father went and died to bring them back to nigeria because we loved the sweet crude oil in East.

I don't know why ibos want independence? when they should keep shut and join you and me in being happy slaves. I don't understand ibos at all.

We yorubas will continue to wait till our corrupt leaders take us out of nigeria and embrace oduduwa. We will do this because yorubaland is the only place in the world where our fat corrupt elites lead revolutions.
You dont seem to get it. Im not a bigot for your information. My opinion here is that if the Ibos as industrilised as I agree they are can come together and develop the east then the game will shift drastically. Imagine the likes of Ladipo and computer village solely in the east. Any time I think of spare parts or computer my mind goes straight to the east. There are so many things I like ibo for. They are daring and take risk and most often than not they are always successful at it. But East cannot be great if all they do is use that skill to benefit the SW and North. Make us come to the east for what we want. Then we can start talking serious stuff.
Thats my argument. So you see no offence was meant

1 Like

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2016
Ngozi123:

Good post.

I somewhat agree with you on your point about the differences between the B.iafran cause in 1967 and the one now as some fragments have been taken over by hate-filled leaders. However, one must always look at the context when analysing these things. Why is it that these leaders who preach nothing but hate are so popular in the East now? If the likes of Nnamdi Kanu were present in the 1960s, would he be as popular as he is now? I don't believe that he would and this is because of the hatred that the Nigerian government have propagated in our society. This divide and conquer strategy which they learned from the British, might I add, has been going on for years- even since before the civil war but it has now spread its tentacles to every single part of our society. The Igbo learned this hatred, make no mistake about it. It's because of this toxicity why I feel that the Igbos, and all other tribes, need to separate themselves from this entity and start again. Also, it is imperative that we do this in a diplomatic and democratic manner as that would separate 'the wheat from the chaff' when it comes to selecting prospective leaders.
very nice ma'am, you made sense. Everyday occurrences in Nigeria is heartbreaking, shows how sick it really is.When I think bout macauley..enahoro and the rest of em, I just feel a little optimism and hope for this country. I am convinced it takes just one man who'll be ready to transform this country, not some ethnic 95% somebody. whereas, you might have given up on this country I still hold my hope. I am pro nigeria and INDIFFERENT to self determination. after all we all have a right to freedom. I really hope for a new Nigeria where it isn't bjust WAZOBIA but a nation for all. You really made your points. impressive.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by amodu(m): 11:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
OlanreJohnson:
We yorubas hate oduduwa republic. We believe that the fulanis can lead us to the promise land the way they lead their cows to green grasses. One nigeria. God punish oduduwa!

God punishyour entire lineage
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by tit(f): 12:04am On Jul 20, 2016
amodu:

God punishyour entire lineage

why are you hatin?
please, wan Nigeria is all about love
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by amodu(m): 12:19am On Jul 20, 2016
tit:

why are you hatin? please, wan Nigeria is all about love
Did you cautioned him at first
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Which kind foolish challenge Atiku take so,what if they arrest & jail him there?
Re: Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) by PFRB: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
dayowunmi:
Exaggerations! And where is the pics of the policeman/men running abi how else did they ESCAPE lynching. Did they disappear?

But you can display US flag ?? Unu mumu no get boundary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu Escaped From Boko Haram Camp But Ended In Wrong Hands / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail / Buhari Conditional Cash Transfer Of N20,000 In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.