Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69696 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Eddlad:

Fear is an absolutely bad method of any form of permanent indoctrination. Whenever people outgrow their fears the results are usually catastrophic and irreversible.

Sure hell was mentioned a couple of times here and there but it isn't a doctrine and that's not what I preach nor should any Christian.
So u agree that hell exists?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
Eddlad:

Jesus didn't dwell on hell and punishment of sinners,he advocated for love and peace amongst people. Not a single case of discrimination whatsoever. All these "preachers" who preach hell and eternal damnation are not Christians, because that is not what Christ preached and that's not the Gospel. Funny enough anytime someone wants to make a "point" they don't refer to what Jesus did and how he lived, but how some self proclaimed Christians are twisting the word.

Makes me wonder what their end game is.....
i swear..they totallyy forget abt the main thing he preached abt...love even his ammendments of commandments speak of love..because i wonder why an all loving father wud create an enternal punishment for pple who he supposedly created(that way)...
Another tin which amuses me these days is that present day pastors seem to forget a certain place in the bible...a rich bt righteous man who supposedly obeyed all the laws of god..when he asked jesus on what he must do to be in d kingdom of god...jesus said he shud give out his wealth..
Bt these days...it seems it is the reverse
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2016
4kings:

So u agree that hell exists?

What do you think.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Eddlad:

What do you think.
Well u think that preaching about the doctrine of hell is wrong, but if the preachers believe it exists then I don't see anything wrong with it, except you oppose its existence.

BTW, I don't believe it does.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
Image123:

Apparently, you suffer from some kind of amnesia. You have been talking several times about a man's feet disappearing immediately he died/dies.

then Jesus lied when he said a mans two feet go to hell ?

Read slowly and repeatedly until it sinks. The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous.

you are confuse sha, so hell in Jobs 14:13 is Grave , then the rich man in Jesus story is in grave nah , do u agree ?

"In Hades he lifted up his eyes " Luke 16:23 NASB

sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous says image123

Are you really saying that Abraham's bosom is not a place? Is there any of Jesus' parables that are impossible? mention them if any, thank you.

what is the meaning of bossom ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2016
4kings:

Elucidate pls

Good, very good. i said that "The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous." That is in the CONTEXT of the question Jane asked about Job 14v13. They don't ALWAYS have the same meaning, but they can have the same meaning or similar connotation. For instance, in the same Bible or old English, the words 'meat' and 'bread' are synonyms for the word 'food'. However, they also have other and specific meanings. Bread is actually that LOAF made from flour, and meat is that specific piece of animal flesh or beef. Only someone who is dull or has nothing to do will argue endlessly for example and say that the Bible is contradictory in saying Esau ate pottage, then meat somewhere. The meat it referred to is simply food.
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah can synonymously mean the literal grave/tomb/sephulchre/place of burial that anybody is buried in depending on context. However, the hell that we are talking about as the abode of the wicked is a different place. Else, it makes no sense to say "Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." if everyone is already going there.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 12:07am On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=MizJanet post=48118491]

then Jesus lied when he said a mans two feet go to hell ?

you are confuse sha, so hell in Jobs 14:13 is Grave , then the rich man in Jesus story is in grave nah , do u agree ?

"In Hades he lifted up his eyes " Luke 16:23 NASB

sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous says image123

i just replied someone on this. Here it is again.
i said that "The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous." That is in the CONTEXT of the question Jane asked about Job 14v13. They don't ALWAYS have the same meaning, but they can have the same meaning or similar connotation. For instance, in the same Bible or old English, the words 'meat' and 'bread' are synonyms for the word 'food'. However, they also have other and specific meanings. Bread is actually that LOAF made from flour, and meat is that specific piece of animal flesh or beef. Only someone who is dull or has nothing to do will argue endlessly for example and say that the Bible is contradictory in saying Esau ate pottage, then meat somewhere. The meat it referred to is simply food.
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah can synonymously mean the literal grave/tomb/sephulchre/place of burial that anybody is buried in depending on context. However, the hell that we are talking about as the abode of the wicked is a different place. Else, it makes no sense to say "Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." if everyone is already going there.

what is the meaning of bossom ?
You failed to answer my questions, here they are again. Are you really saying that Abraham's bosom is not a place? Is there any of Jesus' parables that are impossible? mention them if any, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
@4kings , let's continue

Describe this supernatural creator which you believe exists

Are you open to the possibility that there could be more than one creator ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@4kings , let's continue

Describe this supernatural creator which you believe exists

Are you open to the possibility that there could be more than one creator ?
I can't describe the supernatural creator, as i don't have any empirical evidence, I can only rationally tell you that there is a creator.
Yes I am open to that possibility. (I usually woolgather about it lol)

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
4kings:

I can't describe the supernatural creator, as i don't have any empirical evidence, I can only rationally tell you that there is a creator.

Yes I am open to that possibility. (I usually woolgather about it lol)

Lolz. What about this creator's abode ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lolz. What about this creator's abode ?
Now there lies a mystery.
I can't make any assertions only opinions.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2016
[quote author=Image123 post=48165853][/quote]

am just laughing ehn, the meat and bread analysis is actually an hoax here cos both are different words , but in this case WE ARE DEALING WITH THE EXACT SAME WORD being twisted by hypocrisy and deceit.

at Job 14:13 we have " sheol" , also at psalm 9:17 we have the exact same word "sheol " , and the last time I CHECKED THE GREEK BIBLE TRANSLATION ACTUALLY TRANSLATE SHEOOL as hades , so in hebrew it means the richman is in sheol too grin this is interesting

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And suffering in Sheol, he lifted up his eyes from afar off and he saw Abraham, and Lazar in his bossom"

now , if u accept sheol as grave in job 14:13 , why do you find it hard to accept same for psalm 9:17 where the exact same word sheol is found ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Now there lies a mystery.
I can't make any assertions only opinions.

Wait oo ... Do you think your supernatural creator will have an end . No beginning but an end . You get ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wait oo ... Do you think your supernatural creator will have an end . No beginning but an end . You get ?
Nope, no end.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Nope, no end.

Why do you say so ? Will his end lead to the cessation of the universe ?

4kings (modified)
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Will his end lead to the cessation of the universe ?
Hypothetically, yes as he is the source of all reality
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Hypothetically, yes as he is the source of all reality

Then this incongruous with the definition . Because deism says God does not intervene with the universe that is after creation there is no relationship he has with the universe . So the corollary of your God's demise shouldn't be the cessation of the universe . What I'm saying is that the existence of the universe is independent of the existence of your God . Am I wrong ? If I am , show me . Thanks .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then this incongruous with the definition . Because deism says God does not intervene with the universe that is after creation there is no relationship he has with the universe . So the corollary of your God's demise shouldn't be the cessation of the universe . What I'm saying is that the existence of the universe is independent of the existence of your God . Am I wrong ? If I am , show me . Thanks .
Well, some deist believe God is completely separate from the universe, but I don't agree. I believe God 'IS', and the universe is just like equating it to his Mind.
Just like Descartes said, I think therefore I am, the mind of God(which I can't comprehend, though) is the source of reality.
Therefore no God, no universe.
I don't know if I've explained myself well, but I think you get.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Well, some deist believe God is completely separate from the universe, but I don't agree. I believe God 'IS', and the universe is just like equating it to his Mind.
Just like Descartes said, I think therefore I am, the mind of God(which I can't comprehend, though) is the source of reality.
Therefore no God, no universe.

I don't know if I've explained myself well, but I think you get.

Bro that means you are trying to incorporate panentheistic views about God into yours . Panentheism asserts that God is the soul of the universe and what happens when the soul dies ? The universe dies . In your case , the demise of your God will lead to the cessation of universe's existence because God is its source .

You are a panendeist grin . Lol

But bro remember . You said you don't agree that

1. God is omnipotent . Doesn't it make him vulnerable to any form of attack ? That makes I could kill your God if I decipher what keeps him alive cool

2. God is omniscient : There is a possibility I could outwit him
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro that means you are trying to incorporate panentheistic views about God into yours . Panentheism asserts that God is the soul of the universe and what happens when the soul dies ? The universe dies . In your case , the demise of your God will lead to the cessation of universe's existence because God is its source .

You are a panendeist grin . Lol

But bro remember . You said you don't agree that

1. God is omnipotent . Doesn't it make him vulnerable to any form of attack ? That makes I could kill your God if I decipher what keeps him alive cool

2. God is omniscient : There is a possibility I could outwit him

I know I incorporated pantheism ideology, but that is my view to address the result of his nonexistence to the existence of the universe.
Remember (all this are my opinions not assertion s), I said 'like' equating it to his mind(which I said I can't comprehend).
I not sure how to put this but, here; God has his own separate thought(deistic), which means separate from the universe, but the existence of the universe is dependent(pantheistic) on his existence(again my opinion)

Addressing the other stuff:
Omniscience: you can't outsmart what u've and cannot meet, but I said he is not omniscience to go against the theistic view of foreknowledge, predestination and all those other theistic views.

Omnipotent: I'm not sure and therefore can't make any assertion cos I can't comprehend this being, [remember the omnipotent paradox].

Note that in previous convo I told u I was giving my opinion, and not making assertions of things I can't comprehend.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

I know I incorporated pantheism ideology, but that is my view to address the result of his nonexistence to the existence of the universe.
Remember (all this are my opinions not assertion s), I said 'like' equating it to his mind(which I said I can't comprehend).
I not sure how to put this but, here; God has his own separate thought(deistic), which means separate from the universe, but the existence of the universe is dependent(pantheistic) on his existence(again my opinion)

ummm ...all right ... cool

Addressing the other stuff:
Omniscience: you can't outsmart what u've and cannot meet, but I said he is not omniscience to go against the theistic view of foreknowledge, predestination and all those other theistic views.
Omnipotent: I'm not sure and therefore can't make any assertion cos I can't comprehend this being, [remember the omnipotent paradox].

Note that in previous convo I told u I was giving my opinion, and not making assertions of things I can't comprehend.

Alright then ... let's go on

Why have you ruled out the possibility of your God being prescient ? He could have foreknowledge of the future but that it not mean he intervenes in the universe . You dig ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

ummm ...all right ... cool

Alright then ... let's go on

Why have you ruled out the possibility of your God being prescient ? He could have foreknowledge of the future but that it not mean he intervenes in the universe . You dig ?
Yeah, I considered that too.
But if I believe in a creator, then I believe based on the attributes of what he created(4rm concept of bible God's image), that he also has emotions, feelings, ...., meaning he also anticipate and get excited about things.

After considering all this, I just came to the conclusion that he can't be that boring grin and that he created the universe to stir up emotions, anticipate or cause excitement.
I am not ruling out the possibility that he can't predestine or have foreknowledge if he wants to, but that he chooses not to. [My own philosophical thought].

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by urchcoded(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
... My question now is how come there was an evening and morning from day 1.... Since the sun, moon and stars were created only on the fourth day... ##confused##
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
urchcoded:
... My question now is how come there was an evening and morning from day 1.... Since the sun, moon and stars were created only on the fourth day... ##confused##

You see bro , new earth creationism makes little or no sense . Please read this :

https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Yeah, I considered that too.
But if I believe in a creator, then I believe based on the attributes of what he created(4rm concept of bible God's image), that he also has emotions, feelings, ...., meaning he also anticipate and get excited about things.

After considering all this, I just came to the conclusion that he can't be that boring grin and that he created the universe to stir up emotions, anticipate or cause excitement.
I am not ruling out the possibility that he can't predestine or have foreknowledge if he wants to, but that he chooses not to. [My own philosophical thought].

You are now incorporating religious views about the creator to yours . Is your God anthropomorphic ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are now incorporating religious views about the creator to yours . Is your God anthropomorphic ?
Yep.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Yep.

you got that from religion right ? grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

you got that from religion right ? grin
You are annoying smiley
U knw DAT right
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

You are annoying smiley
U knw DAT right

I'm still getting there and you are already annoyed grin

So where's your evidence that your God is anthropomorphic ? undecided

cheesy
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So where's your evidence that your God is anthropomorphic ? undecided

Based on reason
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
4kings:

Based on reason

Reason ? Or Faith ?

Because you can't prove your God is anthropomorphic , can you ?

Second question : Must your God be anthropomorphic ? Any reasons for asserting he is one ?

PS : There is no shame in admitting the bible gave you a clue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (39) (Reply)

Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only / See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.