Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192953 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Marshalrhino(m): 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nice! Bt too short pamel, do something about it
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Wfstifler(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
One of the best stories have read on Nairaland
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Wfstifler(m): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
PamelB KEEP IT Up wink wink wink
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2016
During the ride home, i kept cursing myself. Wasn't i good looking enough? Or is there something wrong with me? Goodness knows I haven't felt this bad before. I know he saw it in my eyes. It was there for him to see, but he decided to ignore me, making me feel cheap and unwanted.
I stopped at a spa belonging to my friend and remade my hair, did the pedicure and manicure thing and left without having the usual saloon gossip.
I got to the estate gate and I saw them, the new estate lovers. They were at the suya stand, with Lois pointing at what she wanted while Leonard held her waist like she was going to fall if he left her alone.
I parked and got ready to meet my best friend, who had made no attempt to reach me since my discharge from the hospital. I was going to bare my mind to her and if Leonard dares to interfere, I'll so give him a piece of my mind.
I got to where they were standing and cleared my throat, they turned and I could see surprise written all over her face.

Lois: Uhm ..... Hi.

Me: Can I talk to you in private please?

She looked at Leonard who nodded and she held my hand. We walked to my car and got in.

Lois: How're you bestie?

Me: Bestie? How can you call me that when it's obvious I do not mean anything to you anymore?

Lois: Ah! How can you say that? I know I've not been the best kind of friend but I've been very busy. I .....

Me: You moved out of my place because I needed a quiet time to fix back my life. As if that was not enough, after I was discharged, you and Leonard stayed away from me. To think we are all living in same estate and you never checked up on me or even called to know how I was faring.

Lois: It's not like that.

Me: Then what is it like? I've known you and Leonard for a while now but look at Harry and Amber, people I met in this estate, looking after me like I was their own.

Lois: I'll refuse to be compared with anybody Pamela. I said it's not my fault I couldn't check up on you. I was so busy.

Me: With what? Lois, what is this thing that has kept you away from me?

Lois: Leonard and I are .......

She paused and looked away. It was clear. Leonard has taken my friend away from me. I remembered Harry saying they'll be going to Abidgan and I nodded.

Me: I prayed and wished for you and Leonard to be together. My prayers got answered and you both kicked me out of your life.

Lois: Nobody kicked you away Pamela, you pushed yourself away from us.

I swallowed hard and looked at her. She still wasn't looking at me.

Lois: How can you be so selfish? You kept pretending that you wanted me happy ......

Me: Pretending?

Lois: When all the while you had wanted Leonard. What kind of friend does that make you? Do you think I'll ever trust you again? Do you think I'll ever be comfortable around you?

She was saying trash or was it my ear that was hearing something else? Leonard has so brainwashed my friend against me and I'm not going to forgive him for that. Tears welled up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I'm no weakling and she'll see that.

Lois: ......... how do you expect me to still put up with you when you've never trusted me to tell me your true feelings? I couldn't bring myself to believe all that ......

Me: Then why didn't you ask me? If you claim to have known me from Abraham then I'm disappointed that you don't know me at all. Listen, I don't care whatever Leonard told you but get something straight here, you see Leonard, he'll so disappoint you in this life. I'm not going to try to prove myself to a friend who was never there by the ways so go on with your life. Is it Abidgan you guys are going or is it marriage you guys are planning? I don't care. Since you walked out, I'll pretend that you were never there and move on with my life. You may get out now.

Lois; You're asking me out of your car?

Me: Yes. And you better come and pick up the rest of your stuffs in my house. What's the difference between Claire and yourself? Or even Franca? You're the same lot as those two.

Lois: I .....

Me: No, you listen. A friendship without trust is not worth keeping. You've said it already, I'm a liar, I'm selfish, and other things you said but hey, don't you think a guy will go any length to get a girl on his bed? You'll come back begging Lois because Leonard isn't who you think he is.

A few seconds of silence reigned in the car and I looked out to see Leonard coming towards my car.

Me: I'll be leaving tomorrow by 10 or 11. Come pick your things before that time or I'll throw them out.

Lois; Pamela you .......

Me: Just get out.

Leonard tapped on the window and she got down. I turned on my ignition and drove home. How many hurts in a day. I'm so not keeping friends anymore. I'm so not trusting anybody anymore. What did Leonard tell her? That I wanted him? What? I packed in front of my house and killed the ignition, relaxing back on my seat. I closed my eyes and the tears ran down. How many disappointments in one day? On one hand, I've got Greg to think of and the other hand, I've got a friend who stopped being a friend today. It was clear I was cursed.
I fished for my phone to call my dad and then I noticed my phone was ringing. It was William.

Me: Hello Will.

William: How're you Pamel?

Me: It won't get worse but I'm fine.

William: You don't sound fine. Tell me, is everything okay with you?

Me: I'm fine Will.

William: If you say so. I called to know how you're doing.

Me: I'm fine. Harry is doing so well in turning me into a child. So I'm fine.

He laughed and I wondered what was funny.

William: You deserve all the care in the world bae. I'll be coming back next week. What do I get you?

Me: Anything.

William: Don't be like that. Tell me exactly what you want and I'll get it for you.

Me: A portrait of myself and a wrist watch.

William: Alright then. I'll talk to you later alright?

Me: Thank you William.

William: You're most welcomed my dear.

We hung up and I got down from the car, picking up my things which were in the back seat.
I got into the house and unpacked the bags, then brought my travel bag and packed in the things I would be needing for our trip to Enugu. I called Amber and she confirmed that we'll be leaving around 11am. I told her I'll be coming with my car but she said it wasn't advisable since I'm still recovering and that Harry won't like it.

I rearranged my room, cleaned the entire house since I was travelling. After I was done, I strode into my kitchen to cook dinner. I peeled the yam and put it on the cooker and went to the sitting room to call my dad. It's been ages I spoke with them. They didn't even know what has been happening to their daughter.

Dad: Hello my Angel.

Me: Good evening dad.

Dad: How're you my dear?

Me: I'm good daddy. How's mum?

Dad: She's good. Though she's not back from the supermarket.

Me: Oh! Today is Thursday.

Dad: Yes my love. So tell me, how have you been?

Me: I've been fine dad, just a little stress from work.

Dad: I don't know why you're so stubborn. I gave you work leave and you ......

Me: Daddy don't start now. I'll be travelling to Enugu tomorrow.

Dad: Tell me it's with that young man of Lincoln Dayzee.

Me: Dad! Anyways, if I come back, I'll visit. I've got gist for you.

Dad: You know my ears are always itching for such wonderful news.

Me: You're a gossip dad.

Dad: Good night my angel. Be safe for me okay.

Me: You too dad.

I hung up and checked my phone. A message had gotten in while I was speaking with Mr Bernard.

"I don't know what you've told her but do you ever think she'll believe you? She should be at your door anytime soon. Don't make things more awkward than it is already"

8 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2016
hope leonard wont start being foolish sha,all of them are green snake
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2016
I really wish u to be happy Pamela
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2016
Is Leonard cursed?? undecided angry
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by kingphilip(m): 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Shakyroh320:
hope leonard wont start being foolish sha,all of them are green snake
I hope you meant all the characters in the piece

If not I leave you to yourself to judge
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Virgin1990(m): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Smart guy @Leonard.....
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Wfstifler(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Leo Bhad guy
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Looks like Leonard is already taking weed
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Jumizie13(f): 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
Abi Leonard is mad ni??
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
So unbelievable. Is this really Leonard or has something gotten into him? I looked at the text again and hissed. I tossed the phone on a sofa and strode back to the kitchen.
The yam was ready so I took it down and started slicing the tomatoes after which I started making my tomato/egg sauce.
I had just added the eggs when my doorbell rang. I breathed out, knowing it was Lois. I walked to the living room and looked around, making sure everything was in the right place before going to answer the door. I opened it and she was standing, dressed in a little short and a polo I'm sure belonged to Leonard. I made way for her to enter and I locked my door and walked back to the kitchen while she made for the guest room. I was loosing focus, my heart was pounding very fast. How can my own Lois be in same house with me and we are not talking? I put down my stew and went back to the living room, fished my phone from the sofa and connected it to my stereo and home theatre. Sarkodie's go down on one knee started playing since it was the first song in my favourite playlist. I raised the volume to deafening level and went back to do the dishes I used in cooking. I was done in a minute or two then I dished out my dinner and took it to the dining, getting a glass of juice from the refrigerator.

I had just eaten three pieces of yam when the volume of my song went down and Lois walked into the dinning with her big box.

Lois: I guess this is where we say our goodbyes Pamela.

I nodded and felt the yam choking me. I drank water but it was still there, in my throat, choking me. That was when I realised it was tears forming there.

Lois: It's sad that all the years we spent together, I never understood you, you never showed me who you were.

She sniffed and I looked up on time to see her wipe a tear.

Lois: I told you how much I loved Leonard, you knew. You even pretended to be happy for me. But you were playing me all along, letting me make a fool out of myself. Friends don't do that, instead, they team up against whatever guy that's planning to separate them. That's why you keep loosing your friends Pamela and ........

Me: So, you think I can't keep friends too? You believe I make my friends leave me?

Lois: Of course. I'm I not leaving now? Before me, how many people have walked out of your life?

Her words were no longer soft like when she started, they were becoming harsh. I wanted to tell her the truth but she was beginning to show me a different side of her so I just sat down and watched her, disappointment clearly taking the place of the tears that was forming earlier. She'll get the truth, but in a way and manner that'll hurt her.

Lois: You're wicked and if you don't change, you'll loose out entirely. I can't believe you hid your character all these years. I'm glad I met Leonard now and we .......

Me: Get out.

I stood up and started walking towards her. I've heard enough. This goes a long way to prove that we can never trust human beings no matter who it is. If someone I've known for seven years can say all these to me because of a guy, then what's the point of having best friends anyways? Same thing Leonard did, because I refused him, he said all manner of rubbish to me, humans.

Me: You don't have a right to judge me Lois because you don't know me. Come on, we've been together for years and just this once, you're talking to me like I'm some .......

Lois: Because I didn't know you. Your life has always been filled with pretence. You've been lying to me so I couldn't figure it out on time. Let me say it in your own words, what's the difference between you and Claire or Franca? They're all your friends from way back so you all are the same. Gosh!

She lifted her bag and started walking towards the door.

Me: And the day you realise the truth Lois, remember that you walked out without hearing from me.

She stopped, looked at me and left my house. Thoughts of what I was going to do to her filled my head. I quickly put away my food and removed my phone from the aux wire. I settled on d floor and viewed the text message Leo had sent me. I started replying;

"you know what you did, why are you turning the tables on me? Why put me in this tight spot Leo?"

I sent it and waited for a response. I prayed for a response from him, at least, to prove my innocence to Lois and get her to apologise for all the things she said to me.
My phone started ringing and I closed my eyes, hoping upon hopes that it would be Leonard.
But I was wrong, it was Amber.

Me: Hello

Amber: I'm at Harry's place and we just saw Lois leaving your house with a big box, she said we should ask you when we tried to know what the matter was, tell me babe, what's going on?

Me: Amber, I really don't know. I'm still trying to figure it out but I think Leonard is up to something which will end up not being good.

Amber: How?

Me: I'll tell you everything tomorrow please. For now, I have packing to do.

Amber: Alright. Harry sends his regards.

Me: Mine to him as well. See you tomorrow.

Amber: Good night.

I hung up and yes, there was a message.

"you did the wrong thing by not telling her when you had the chance. I'm sorry I made you loose a friend but that notwithstanding, I'll always love you. your friend is back and with the big bag, I'm sure she's here to stay. but it's not her I want, I want you here baby. in case you change your mind, you know what to do. night."

I smiled and put my phone away. Just the right message I wanted. Now, I would have a beautiful night sleep and my journey to Enugu would be fun filled.

I woke up a bit late, 8:43am. I checked my phone and I had three missed calls from Amber. I quickly redialled her number and she picked on the second ring.

Amber: Sleepy head

Me: You can call me that again. Good morning.

Amber; Morning. So I guess you're just waking up?

I heard Harry's voice say something like sleeping beauty and we laughed.

Me: Babe, don't mind me. How's it going to be?

Amber: I'm about showering. Join us at 10 so we can go have breakfast and leave at exactly 11.

Me: Alright then. See you soon .

I hung up and ran downstairs to my kitchen. I did the dishes I used in eating the previous night, carried my waste bag out to the street and dropped it where the trash van was. I went back to my house and started the preparation. By the time I was done, it was already 10:05. I carried my bag downstairs and looked at myself in the mirror which was placed somewhere in the middle of the staircase. I had chosen a short chiffon gown whose back was longer than the front. My new hair was parked in a side wave and my make up was light. I had completed my outfit with my jean booty snicker. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, took a picture and completed my walk to the door. I made sure my lights were off before leaving my house and locking up. If things went well, I won't be seeing this house in a month.

Harry and Amber were already in his parking lot when I got there.

Harry: Oofs. Finally, the sleeping beauty is here. You look dashing.

Me: Thanks dear.

Amber and I shared a hug and Harry placed my box in the boot.

Harry: So we're going to have breakfast somewhere at awka since miss sleeping beauty made us cancel our reservation.

Me: Oh! I'm so sorry. But you guys didn't tell me you made reservations. I'm so sorry.

Harry: It's cool. We'll drop at crunches in awka and eat then. Shall we?

Amber: Of course.

Me: Very much.

We all got in and as supposed, I had the back all to myself. We drove out of the estate and I brought out my phone. I did a screenshot of the message Leonard and I had shared the previous night and waited.
We engaged ourselves in small talks about where we'll stay when we get to Enugu, in a hotel or at his friend's family house. Harry wanted to stay in the house but Amber and I was against it, letting him understand that we're supposed to have a plan B. By the time we were done with our argument, we were 30 minutes into our journey. I went to my WhatsApp and scrolled down to Lois's number. She was online. I went to my gallery and viewed the screenshot, counted to three and sent it.

What's worse that could happen?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
Damn! That's wicked, Pamela grin

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
pamela wats up.Tankx for the update.Happy new year in advance
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Mayreeyam(f): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ma'am u r good
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Awesome55(m): 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
Loving this ma'am.... Feed_me_more!!!

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
[color=#000000][/color]Tanx for your comments and supports guys. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Winters22: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
Savage!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
Am still following bumper to bumper, more knowledge PamelB
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by triplemmm3(f): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
You did well Pamel that Leonard na mad person. Happy New Year to you Pamelb
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
Wow i luv ds. Jst joind d train. Kip it up PamelB.
Pamela is a stupid gal abeg.
Dnt get me wrng, i'm a christian..but then does everybody need 4givness? Not everyone deserves dat shit called 4giveness abeg. Sometimes, pple jst hav 2 suffer 4 dia sins just 2 learn dia lessons.

Imagin, Franca? Franca dat mumu.. Mtcheeewww

Tobe...Tobe d he-goat.... Mtcheeewww.

Williams....ugly boy with an ugly name.... Mtchewww.

Then 2moro Lois and Leonard will come and u'l 4gv dem. Pamela, you're a fool. A very big 1. Very soon Amber will betray u 2. U neva start. U go suffer 4 ds life wey u cum eh.... Monkey!!

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year guys. I'm glad we crossed over to this other side. How's your celebration going? Hope you all are having fun................

I filled them in on what's been happening and they were surprised.

Harry: I don't believe this.

Amber: How can Leonard do that? I'm so disappointed. I wonder what Lois will do now since she was bold enough to come take her things from your place.

Me: Seriously, somehow, I don't feel anything. Maybe the friendship has been killed or .......

Harry: You know its all your fault right?

I stopped my sentence mid way and looked at him. He was looking at me through the mirror, his face not funny at all.

Harry: Yes it's all your fault. You can never accommodate everyone Pamela, you can never. It should strictly be by rules, someone messes up and you shove him or her into the trash, even if it's me or Amber here. Look at you, a beautiful girl, young, a graduate, well to do and rich, you shouldn't be begging people to stay in your life, if they don't wanna join you and move, they should remain stagnant or better still get the Bleep out.

He moved the car to the side of the road and packed, then he turned to face me properly.

Harry: See, it's not like I'm angry at you or something but dear, you've got to let all these people go. They don't deserve to be called your friends, you shouldn't put your mind to them because they didn't put their mind on you. I'll still talk to Leonard though but for now, learn not to give a Bleep okay?

Amber: Baby, you and the f word.

Harry: Come off it hun. Pamel, you with me?

I nodded, his words sinking in and causing me to ponder why Harry didn't come into my life sooner.

Amber: Don't think about it dear, we've got a full week of fun to have in Enugu and guess what, Harry already has a boyfriend in waiting for you.

Me: What?

That lifted the mood immediately. Harry started the car and we hit the road, arguing if it was right for them to pick a boyfriend for me. All the same, I was glad I've got something new to keep me busy.
We got to awka, unizik junction and drove into crunches. Harry and Amber shared a peck before getting down and I just had to tell them my mind.

Me: You two won't continue kissing that way till we get to Enugu right?

Amber giggled like a child while Harry got busy locking the car.

Harry: Don't worry, when you get your fingers busy with this cute friend of mine, you'll even be smooching in public places.

Me: Impossible o. I can't do that.

We all laughed and walked into the famous eatery as the security personnel at the door opened the door for us.
We climbed the stairs and took our seats were we clearly looked over "Regina". Though the road was bad, but we kept ourselves busy with talks about the number of hotels in awka while Harry left to get our food.
He came back shortly and sat down.

Harry: Our meal will be here in a bit.

Me: Alright. Cause I'm....

Amber's phone rang out, interrupting us. She looked at me and showed me her phone. It was Lois calling.

Me: You can answer it if you want to.

Harry: Yea. Take the call let's hear what she has to say.

Before she could pick it, the call ended but it started ringing immediately and Amber picked it without looking at us this time.
She put it on loudspeaker.

Lois: Have you guys left? Is she with you?

She was crying because I heard her sobs.

Amber: What's wrong with you? Where are you?

Lois: I'm...... I'm in front of Pamela's house. Is she there with you?

Amber: Why not call her? What's up? What's wrong with you?

Lois: I've been trying to call her buy she's not picking my calls.

A quick check and I recalled I didn't get my phone from the car. Anyways, I didn't even want to talk to her.

Amber: Let me call you back.

Lois: Please ask her to take my calls. I .......

But Amber hung up already.

Me: Don't look at me like that now. I'll advice you switch the phone off or if she calls, tell her I'm not here cause I'm so not talking to anybody.

Harry: Baby, call her back. Ask her to go lodge in a hotel that Pamela isn't close. She should sort herself out. I'll go check why our food is not here.

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
pamelB my Pamela, long time and missed you..... my nairalands 2016 luv..... Awon Eyan Team Hero

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
Compliments of the season to u PamelB
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
Tgold1:
pamelB my Pamela, long time and missed you..... my nairalands 2016 luv..... Awon Eyan Team Hero
where the hell have u been this man? happy new yr
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
pamela,why the short update now,i even tot i wld meet like four updates here cus of new year reason
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by walex462(m): 5:10am On Jan 02, 2017
I must confess, you are one of the best story writer
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 6:59am On Jan 02, 2017
PamelB:
where the hell have u been this man? happy new yr

Same to you ma'am, and I wish you all the best in 2017..... I have been very much around, just that I went ghost.......

keep up the good work.......

iCare
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2017
Tgold1:

Same to you ma'am, and I wish you all the best in 2017..... I have been very much around, just that I went ghost.......

keep up the good work.......

iCare
okay dear. tanx
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
So I was updating yesterday and something came up. Had to go hang out with friends that's why the last update was short. Hope you all are having fun huh?

Harry left and Amber turned to me.

Amber: So?

Me: Tell her I'm not here with you guys.

Amber: But she already knows that we're all supposed to be together.

Me: Yeah. Tell her I couldn't make it. Just tell her anything biko.

Amber: Alright.

Amber called her and she picked immediately;

Lois: Can I talk to her now please?

Amber: Lois I've also tried calling her number but she's not picking. Are you sure she didn't go to work?

Lois: Wait. Isn't she supposed to travel to Enugu with you guys?

Amber: She called to cancel this morning. It's just Harry and I here.

Lois: Okay. What do you suggest I do? I ....

Amber: You haven't told me anything. What's happening?

Lois: Amber my life just got complicated all of a sudden. I don't know what's happening to me anymore. Leonard and I broke up.

Amber: What? I mean, why? Didn't you just pack out to his place last night?

Lois: Babe, I'll call you on IMO later tonight and tell you everything. I need to go lodge somewhere. I can't wait for Pamela cause I don't know when she'll come back.

Amber: Alright. Just be careful okay, I'll call you as soon as we get to Enugu.

Lois: My regards to Harry.

Amber: Take care.

Amber hung up and looked at me.

Amber: I think she understood the message clearly. Still can't believe we're like this.

Me: I'm not saying anything at all. i won't even take her calls till I return. Remind me what I ordered for again, they're taking so much time.

Amber: Same here.

Harry came up soon with two waiters. There was so much food that I was wondering if more people will join our table.

Me: What are we celebrating? There's so much to eat and drink. Its even a three course.

Harry: How many times have I eaten in your house without paying? So, don't complain alright?

Me: But trust me, it's so much. I don't think we can finish this.

Amber: I'm packing up whatever remains here. There's always a plan B remember?

This got Harry and I laughing while Amber ate away like we weren't laughing at what she said.
Thirty minutes later, a waitress was packing up our food for us. There were still more to go us two rounds each. I held my plate of ice cream tight, it would keep me company while we hit the road again.

The rest of the trip was fun and uneventful till we got to abakpa, Enugu where a huge commotion was happening. The road was blocked and we got stuck in the traffic. Our last stop was Abakpa, that was where we were going but with the traffic, we spent another one hour on the road, not moving forward or going backward either. A big container had fallen and crushed a good number of people including a reverend sister. The driver had ran away so the youths were rioting, plotting on how to burn the conductor alive.
By the time we got to our destination, my butt was already on fire. The house we drove into was a very big one. There were about 30 canopies or more in the compound already since that day was the wake keep.
I needed no one to tell me that I just stepped into a rich abode.

Me: Wow!

Harry: As expected.

Amber: This place is really a paradise on earth.

Me: You can say that again.

Harry drove into a building and surprisingly, the metal walls just opened and he parked. It was a built in garage. There were different kinds of cars and all I could do was feed my eyes.
We got out of the car and I picked my phone.

Me: I'm surprised at what I'm seeing. Harry, is this friend of yours a politician or ........

Harry: Don't worry. you'll have the time to ask him that when you see him.

Me: Oh my!

Amber: We're leaving our bags here right?

Harry: Let's go in and meet them first.

We were barely out from the garage when a man in his late thirties walked towards us, welcoming us to CHIDI'S RESIDENCE.
I guessed he must be a steward because he kept pointing and talking to Harry while Amber and I just walked behind them.
We used the bigger door, the steward called it the first entrance. There was a huge living room, very huge it can contain a good number of people in it.

Steward: Please be comfortable while I call Mr Chidi.

Harry: Alright Gilbert.

We sat down and the steward disappeared upstairs.

Me: You know him?

Harry: This is like my second home. I was living here before I bought a house at the estate.

Amber: You lived here?

Me: No wonder you were so arrogant the first day we met.

Amber: Serious?

Me: You need to have been there Amber.

Harry: No. You two shouldn't do this to me. Come on, Chidi and I went to law school in the US. After we came back, his mum, God bless her soul insisted that I stay here till I'm good to go. When the money started coming in, I moved out and .....

Me: By then you were used to the rich people's ways, bossy and arrogant.

Harry: Oh please! Are you not from a rich home? Are you arrogant?

Amber: Then what happened?

Harry: I think I got it from the white kids. But staying around you guys tamed me and I had to change.

Me: For good, yeah!

Amber: You can say that again.

Me: So does Tobe know this your guy?

Harry: Of course. We all came back to Nigeria together. Chidi actually advised Eddy to open that resort we visited the other time. Ever heard of Chittis before?

Amber: Who doesn't know Chittis?

Me: That's my favourite eatery. At least, it used to be.

Harry: Chidi owns it.

Me: Oh my God!

Amber: Goodness gracious!

Harry: So you'll just know a little about your proposed boyfriend Pamela.

We laughed and was interrupted by footsteps coming down the stairs. I stretched my neck to see this guy who commanded such wealth. This familiar cologne filled the sitting room and i fought with my brain to remember who I had met that used that same perfume. That was when his sweet baritone called out;

"Who's here, if not the ever fun loving Barrister."
He was now at the foot of staircase and I could clearly see him now.
He looked at me and gave me a wink. Memories of the last time we met came back to my head and my stomach rumbled.

Me: I need to use the restroom please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Hmmmnnnnn. *smiling*
Buh seriously, Lois fall my hand sha!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story) / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.