Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20383 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 12, 2009
chic2pimp:

Lets hope so cuz if he wasn't. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lipsrsealed
then he'd just be another sjeezy. lol
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 6:29am On Sep 12, 2009
FL Gators:

se oju e fo?

sjeezy8:

ode go on and get better internet service instead of yawning - one minute youre on the next youre off.

queen of Florida everyone knows you to be an asweo

im going to sleep jo

make sure you take care of those big breast for me aiight

goodnight . . . . iyamatanga lookin ass chicken head
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 12, 2009
sjeezy8:

se oju e fo?

se oo sun man ni?
rotfl!
run along to your bed now. Silly boy with his silly mind
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 6:33am On Sep 12, 2009
FL Gators:

grin grin grin. I see. Thats wot bidemi saw in him grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by yeswecan(m): 6:44am On Sep 12, 2009
Ethnic what ? nahh, Nigeria Comes first.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 6:47am On Sep 12, 2009
Gators, na your pishure be dat for your profile?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2009
Beaf:

yes
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2009
^Jesu! My eyes nearly fall comot! You fine well well sha.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 12, 2009
Thanks
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2009
Beaf:

Beaf:

^Jesu! My eyes nearly fall comot! You fine well well sha.
grin grin grin Look @ dis asewo.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2009
^jealousy is bad. Das why Eve gave Adam that apple with hook in it. . . All because he winked at Jane.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2009
Beaf:

^jealousy is bad. Das why Eve gave Adam that apple with hook in it. . . All because he winked at Jane.
*Checks his bible sharp sharp* Sorry couldn't find Jane.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2009
rotfl. I think Jane was Satan
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2009
chic2pimp:

*Checks his bible sharp sharp* Sorry couldn't find Jane.

So you are "his" and you come dey jam mouth! Chai! . . .And I was thinking you were Jane. Tufia!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 7:08am On Sep 12, 2009
Gators, keep looking sweet.
I'm off to get a couple of hours sleep.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:09am On Sep 12, 2009
Beaf:

So you are "his" and you come dey jam mouth! Chai! . . .And I was thinking you were Jane. Tufia!
Abeg I no be battyboy ooo. Shey woman dey bear the name love-vendor ehn? undecided
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2009
lol thanks. sure will

chic2pimp:

Abeg I no be battyboy ooo. Shey woman dey bear the name love-vendor ehn? undecided
what abt the "chic" part?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2009
FL Gators:

what abt the "chic" part?
I love pimping my chics . cool cool cool
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2009
ok. but ppl would think u iz a chic.

Create another ID:

Pimp2Chic
Pimpin'Chics
ChicPimper

chic2pimp= transexuality tongue
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2009
FL Gators:

ok. but ppl would think u iz a chic.

Create another ID:

Pimp2Chic       I thought about dat but decided against. Chic2pimp is better and gets more chics I must say

Pimpin'Chics   Nah let the Nazi boy have dat.

ChicPimper    I'll rather let the agberos have dat name.

chic2pimp= transexuality tongue HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Chic2pimp is swarve cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2009
what ladies?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2009
Well,they shall remain nameless. I don learn from whitelexi's mistakes.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2009
whatz ur previous ID?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 7:37am On Sep 12, 2009
Only had one my dear. grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by SapeleGuy: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2009
We have strayed from vitriolic abuse to transgender issues and pirated legs  but that ethnic undercurrent remains after much head shaking back to topic.

Is it possible for diverse ethnicities to have a common set of interests  and universality of purpose without exploiting each other. Judging by the responses on this thread so far I would say yes – the angst has been on personal issues (this covers a multitude of sins). These are the challenges of nation building let us face them head on.

Nigeria is an ethnocratic construct, attempts at leadership have so far have failed to empower the people, instead they have sought to terrorize and silence the people.

As some of you have rightly stated, ethnicity is a tool used by the elite to manipulate the people. The people know this but still allow themselves to be manipulated.  Is ethnicity or tribalism really the problem or is it a symptom of a different problem?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Tsiya(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2009
It is just like saying - are u loyal to your father or your mother?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by SapeleGuy: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2009
Tsiya:

It is just like saying - are u loyal to your father or your mother?

That is a very incisive question. It depends, can you be loyal to a parent who has not looked after you and doesn't care whether you live or die?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Tsiya(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

That is a very incisive question. It depends, can you be loyal to a parent who has not looked after you and doesn't care whether you live or die?

well, to me, you can be stubborn, angry and bitter towards them, but at the end of the day they are your parents. There is still some emotional connection you will have for them. Some parents are bad parents because of the circumtances they find themselves when they concieve the child. Usually, they are younger, immature, economic problems and host of issues ranging from unplanned pregnancy, family. . . u understand what I meant?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2009
HAAA!!
i missed all the action.
shoot.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Some people have actually killed abusive parents (I'm not supporting it but it happens). Parents have no rights to destroy their children and no responsible parent does that.  That is what the "forster parents" systems solve. It protects children from abusive parents. Who will protect us from Nigeria!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2009
The answer is simple
Everyone from all tribes always recalls their "Heros" from decades ago.
but fail to realise these people do not exist in the current state of Nigerian politics.(few close to none).

For all west, what have any Western politicians done for you particularly since the 1960's?
For all East what has your Eastern politicians done for you particularly since the 1960's?
Same Goes with all other regions ,

Everyone screams PDP is the problem but within PDP your tribesmen are willing to sell all tribes short for personal gain. Even without PDP What has Tinubu done for Lagos state(except Fashola)? What have Orji, Kalu done for Abia state? They are not part of PDP and still cant perform in the interest of their citizens, yet people are supporting their tribemens who are failing. Mind you these people gained governorship from votes by THEIR OWN ETHNICITY and not massive rigging as people always cry about.

PDP isn't installing hausas in government in the EAST and they are not installing Hauas in WEST OR SOUTH SOUTH.
look at KALU dude wanted to run for president and tried to rally support from "his people"after he robbed Abia state blind.

When one says loyal to ethnicity that can be equated as voting for the same tribesmen that slapped you in the face for years.
When one says loyal to Nigeria that can be equated as voting for the best performer for the country. Meaning whats good for one ethnicity is good for all others.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Tsiya(m): 8:08pm On Sep 12, 2009
Nigeria is a like a polygamous man, married to 250 ethnic nationalities. Each nationality saving as a mother to its own ppl. The tribal fight, hatred, mistrust is akin the siblings rivalry of different mothers. Each fighting to gain attention from their father.

No wonder Nigeria is called Our Father Land. Not mother land like conventional English dictates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Igboho: Northerners Set To Give Quit Notice To Yorubas In The North / CAN Raises Alarm Over Plans To Attack Kaduna, Others, Gives Breakdown Of Plateau / Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.