Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. (4629 Views)

Can You Be In A Relationship Without Sex, Kisses, Getting Physical Etc? / Can A Girl Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money ? / What Can Make You Walk Away From A Relationship Without A Backward Glance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Retrospectively we all wish to do things differently, since that yields different result.
There's a high moral decadence among singles so we're expected to do these after defining the relationship, and marriage is it's final destination.

NO KISSING: Like seriously!, i heard this of recent, that kissing is a sin...which while on the process could lead to a whole lot....No guy kisses with his hands stuck in his pockets,so in order to abstain one has to avoid kissing. Won't the relationship be boring?.

AlWAYS VISIT YOUR FIANCEE/FIANCE WITH A CHAPERONE: This part got me chortled, it is said that if you don't trust yourself enough being around your spouse, you should have a chaperone, but even if my chaperone is my sister how well do i even trust them with my spouse?, how often will they always be available to accompany me there?.

NO SEX: There's a dearth of guys who wouldn't mind being your best friend and sister before the deal day, even when the ladies suggest the "no sex" thing before marriage, they tend to conclude that the lady already has plans of ditching them, or there's someone she's servicing...i personally don't think a man can have a relationship where all these are absent and remain perturbed.

We hear all these dos and don'ts every now and then, even when i tried practising the "NO SEX" before marriage thing, the dude took to his heels, cheesy that i was after his money, my question is, how can one be in a Godly relationship without intimacy and not leave your spouse perturbed?.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by PEPPERified: 12:33am On Jul 16, 2016
nothing is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by bitchcrafts: 12:37am On Jul 16, 2016
Lol. What is serious in a relationship without all these?? Not even common kissing?? Abeg Abeg, no be 16century love wey husby no go sabi wife until wedding night hian!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 16, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Lol. What is serious in a relationship without all these?? Not even common kissing?? Abeg Abeg, no be 16century love wey husby no go sabi wife until wedding night hian!
So confused here.

When you try these dos and don'ts with guys, they jst want to run away, and it leaves you wondering, bt at the same time you hear of people marrying and never touching their spouse up ontill the wedding nyt.

What's the magic they did?.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by dannyben5: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Very possible...
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by titosantana(m): 12:53am On Jul 16, 2016
Only among the monks and teenagers. But I see it as a nonsensical nonsense.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by bitchcrafts: 12:59am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
So confused here.

When you try these dos and don'ts with guys, they jst want to run away, and it leaves you wondering, bt at the same time you hear of people marrying and never touching their spouse up ontill the wedding nyt.

Why should you be putting up dos and donts in a relationship in the first place when both of you are obviously - not virgins?,'are adults' and 'serious' about the relationship you share in the first place? You don't have to set rules! Its unhealthy these days where sex is cheap to grab and everywhere like bacteria; Even the posters and the billboards you see along the highways and sideways are pointing in its direction.

Are you still asking me about the magic those days when I already pointed out that some couples didn't even get to meet each other until their wedding night? Those days , the concept of keeping yo virginity until was also top notch. The times have changed and people's eyes don open. Na to dey enjoy sex from 15-50 dey on point now grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by PEPPERified: 1:01am On Jul 16, 2016
2 instances where it is very possible.
where one of the parties is naive and the other is having his/her fill elsewhere.
where both parties have common faith, doctrine and their relationship is founded on religion. (this form of relationship don't last. it either leads to sudden marriage or breakup)
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 16, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Why should you be putting up dos and donts in a relationship in the first place when both of you are obviously not virgins, adults or not serious about the relationship you share in the first place? You don't have to set rules! Its unhealthy these days where sex is cheap to grab and everywhere like bacteria; Even the posters and the billboards you see along the highways and sideways are pointing in its direction.

Are you still asking me about the magic those days when I already pointed out that some couples didn't even get to meet each other until there wedding night? Those days , the concept of keeping yo virginity until was also top notch. The times have changed and people's eyes don open. Na to dey enjoy sex from 15-50 dey on point now grin
Plz don't get me wrong.

In my church if you've slept with the man, the pastor won't join you cos is biblically wrong(sin).

In this century people still do that, i have seen.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by ronald4lif(m): 1:07am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
So confused here.

It's a fairy tale that never happened. If you believe that two people will date and get married without romancing and smooching then I can tell you that before the end of the year Nigeria's power instability will be history and you've to believe it too.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by bitchcrafts: 1:09am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
Plz don't get me wrong.

In my church if you've slept with the man, the pastor won't join you cos is biblically wrong(sin).

In this century people still do that, i have seen.
What if I tell you that there are people that still roam about naked? There are! but insignificant when compared to those that roam clad in wears.

BTW, I'm interested in your church stuff, do they perform virginity test on the parties involved before joining them in matrimony? grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 16, 2016
bitchcrafts:
What if I tell you that there are people that still roam about naked? There are! but insignificant when compared to those that roam clad in wears.

BTW, I'm interested in your church stuff, do they perform virginity test on the parties involved before joining them in matrimony? grin
You will both be subjected to a rigorous process, except you claim to be a virgin, bt if u're not and a born again christian, you're nt expected to have slept with the man you intend marring.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by bitchcrafts: 1:19am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
You will both be subjected to a rigorous process, except you claim to be a virgin, bt if u're not and a born again christian, you're nt expected to have slept with the man you intend marring.
tor! and which church is that?
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by halfricanadian(f): 1:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Yes its possible
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 16, 2016
And i suppose that you expect him to be faithful and also provide for you in return angry angry
lmao
op kneel down where ever ure!
i rebuke
i cast
i reject
the spirit of such a selfish mindset from your life in jesus name!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by nnamdi1993: 3:46am On Jul 16, 2016
This dude above me no go kill me

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by sirusX(m): 5:48am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
That sounds soo wrong in every way undecided

I just wanted to say...don't they preach forgiveness of sins in your church? It seems like the church itself made the rule soo stiff, cz if God was to say that...I believe there would be quite a few marriages in the world based on the particular trend of premarital sex.

Our heavenly father knows our weakness, and he is always waiting with open arms to receive us whenever we humbly turn to him seeking his face.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2016
sirusX:

That sounds soo wrong in every way undecided

I just wanted to say...don't they preach forgiveness of sins in your church? It seems like the church itself made the rule soo stiff, cz if God was to say that...I believe there would be quite a few marriages in the world based on the particular trend of premarital sex.

Our heavenly father knows our weakness, and he is always waiting with open arms to receive us whenever we humbly turn to him seeking his face.
Mr they do, if one makes the mistake of sleeping with their partner, you're asked to have a marriage blessing than a proper white wedding.

I knw of many churches that these are there guiding rules.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by edbor(m): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2016
I can't do that
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 16, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
And i suppose that you expect him to be faithful and also provide for you in return angry angry
lmao
op kneel down where ever ure!
i rebuke
i cast
i reject
the spirit of such a selfish mindset from your life in jesus name!

cheesy So any man i meet that puts marriage first, i shld jst be generous and stop being selfish.

How many will i make love with before settling down?.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by cooljude(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2016
I think it kills everything in the relationship, no kissing imagine. I am presently experiencing this predicament from my girl. I protested and refused her view and she was claiming holy. it didn't take me a week to get a new girl and I think I am enjoying this relationship better. quite spontaneous everything is allowed and she succumbs to my every wish. abeg o, I still too young make one girl turn me to robot, abi blood no dey flow for my vain. I would just looking at bae make she dey deceive herself.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by yinkhar(f): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2016
OP, i understand ur point. most guys out there doesn't see sex as a sin any longer, they are d ones pushing gals to do it cos the ladies av no choice of it if they want their relationship going smoothly as planned. Religiously (talking abt christainity), its absolutely wrong. kissing isnt a sin bt kissing might lead to sex cos no guy will kiss without touching or been aroused
This has been a topic btw me nd my frnds and we concluded dat d only way is to always pray to meet someone that has the knowledge of christ lyk u (even more dan u). Good and responsible guys are all out there bt d issue of no sex before marriage is a barrier to them
May God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by queenfav(f): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2016
yinkhar:
OP, i understand ur point. most guys out there doesn't see sex as a sin any longer, they are d ones pushing gals to do it cos the ladies av no choice of it if they want their relationship going smoothly as planned. Religiously (talking abt christainity), its absolutely wrong. kissing isnt a sin bt kissing might lead to sex cos no guy will kiss without touching or been aroused
This has been a topic btw me nd my frnds and we concluded dat d only way is to always pray to meet someone that has the knowledge of christ lyk u (even more dan u). Good and responsible guys are all out there bt d issue of no sex before marriage is a barrier to them
May God help us all
lol @knowledge of Christ..Na those spiritual brothers in the Lord like se..xx pass!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2016
yinkhar:
May God help us all
Abi o!, this world is something else.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by yinkhar(f): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2016
queenfav:
lol @knowledge of Christ..Na those spiritual brothers in the Lord like se..xx pass!
I'm nt talking abt been spiritual. knowledge of christ means those dat understand christ. nt all spiritual brothers understand christ, they tend to pretend, they follow christ blindly cos they are christians.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Koreslee(m): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2016
So i will not service before marriage abi... I should know whether u are sexually active or not..
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by mrkay101(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2016
yinkhar:
May God help us all

Don't make it seem like its only guys dat can't stay in a sexless relationship.. Even girls too can't stay in a sexless relationshipm

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by mrkay101(m): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2016
yinkhar:
May God help us all

Don't make it seem like its only guys dat can't stay in a sexless relationship.. Even girls too can't stay in a sexless relationship.
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by yinkhar(f): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2016
mrkay101:

Don't make it seem like its only guys dat can't stay in a sexless relationship.. Even girls too can't stay in a sexless relationship.
I'm sorry sir, which ever way
**winks**
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by fexyrich(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2016
herbie27:
cheesy So any man i meet that puts marriage first, i shld jst be generous and stop being selfish.

How many will i make love with before settling down?.
most men want to taste what the girl has got before making a decision of marriage with her.some girls are really boring sexually while some are really dirty down there.no man would want a wife he wouldn't enjoy sex with cos truth is that's one of the main reasons some people marry.I av seen guys that Mary a girl just for the simple reason that she is hot in bed.That's why u see some oloshos marrying faster than some average good girls.some men even want a woman to get pregnant first b4 marriage cos with the kind of useless girls we have out there today no man wants to mary a lady that has washed away her womb wih abortions..Sex is very important to we men and am sure to women as well.But it doesn't justify premarital sex in any way..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by Puresolutions: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
it's possible but are u asking for our permission so u can go to stuf??
Re: Is It Possible To Be In A Serious Relationship Without Intimacy?. by jashar(f): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
smiley

trés possible. I've been in a relationship no kissing, no sex. It's normal to me undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Pictures A Nairalander Posted On Facebook That Has Got People Talking / Just Broke Up With My Girl Of 3years.. Sad!!! / Why Living With A Woman With A High Sex Libido Can Be Very Tough..!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.