Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (76211 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Damn

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ijaya123: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Some senior military officers, including the then Chief Instructor at the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, his co-conspirators, Major Timothy Onwuatuewgu, Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna, Major Adewale Ademoyega and Major Chris Anuforo, among others, made attempts to overthrow the democratic government in place at the time, headed by Nnamdi Azikiwe as the President and Abubakar Balewa as the Prime Minister.

The President was away in the Caribbean on vacation, thus, the Prime Minister and other ministers were inadvertently the target of the coup.

These UK-trained military officers began plotting the coup in August 1965 because, according to them, the leaders at that time were corrupt and living in flamboyance at the expense of the citizens.

They've been taking us for a ride for a real long time.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Praizekeyz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Rednaxelot:
If you had read the article, you wouldn't make this your comment.
yeah that's just the fact! He probably read the topic and ran straight top comment hoping to be FTC!! Mouth like jaguar own.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Our weakest link in this world is our tribalism and until we get rid of it we will keep running in circles.

A traitor is a traitor it has nothing to do with their race , color or creed

16 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by blazetitov: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Omo ale ree oo shocked sad

How?

You made comment without reading the interview. Too bad undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by NovusHomo(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
Please read before commenting. She was happy she witnessed their death; rather than not know what really happened to them.

If only he could read.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
BossKratos:
Nzeogwu?

What else does 1 expect from an ipob soldier?
I'm not in support of Biafra but it was this same misunderstanding that was among the reasons that led to the Nigerian civil war. Nzeogwu was an IBO by name only, he was born, and grew up in the North, Kaduna to be specific. He lived among northerners and was basically one of them.

8 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Missmossy(f): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Aww she really saw a lot.

Really bad though, biting the fingers that fed you

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by ezeukwu1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
StOla:
Eating pounded yam while carrying out useful reconnaissance.

If Jacob could betray Esau, Brutus could betray Ceaser, Judas betray Jesus, subordinates betray their commander, treachery is as old as the world.
U wrote well o jare. Yet d NCAN would say all dez ppl r 4rm 1 tribe
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by dacovajnr: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Some ppl are just too Stupid to read and comphrend..All they do is "Jump am Pass" to Write rubbish...the one wey be ftc sef na waste of space angry..Read dem no go read...I wonder how dem take register for Nairaland sef

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Wolex143: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pls who can summarise d story 4 me?
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by blazetitov: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I'm not in support of Biafra but it was this same misunderstanding that was among the reasons that led to the Nigerian civil war. Nzeogwu was an IBO by name only, he was born, and grew up in the North, Kaduna to be specific. He lived among northerners and was basically one of them.

Nice. What a time to disown Nzeogwu!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by onatisi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Rednaxelot:

The same person that dinned and winned with the family during the day, went at night to kill the pillars of the family.

Little wonder he was killed and maimed after death.

What else can be a better definition of a traitor than Nzeogwu. Yet, his kinsmen will come here to call Yoruba people Traitors.
This has got nothing to do with tribe or religion . The same person that ate with ty bello and played draft with him was the same person that came back 2 hrs later to shoot him to pieces . Kaduna nzeogwu remains one of the very best soldiers this nation has ever produced. Ask any military officer and try to read "why we struck" by major ademilegun

6 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by NovusHomo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
I posted this for those who always like to portray the murderers who conducted the January 1966 coup as patriots and heroes. They were nothing but low-down dirty murderers and traitors. They used to come eat at Ademulegun's house. They also used to visit the Sardauna often (Nzeogwu for one was one of the Sardauna's pets). A pregnant woman was murdered in front of her daughter. Heroes indeed.

The consequence of betrayal: millions of lives lost in the civil war that indirectly resulted from those acts of betrayal.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by NovusHomo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
I posted this for those who always like to portray the murderers who conducted the January 1966 coup as patriots and heroes. They were nothing but low-down dirty murderers and traitors. They used to come eat at Ademulegun's house. They also used to visit the Sardauna often (Nzeogwu for one was one of the Sardauna's pets). A pregnant woman was murdered in front of her daughter. Heroes indeed.

The consequence: millions of lives lost in the civil war that indirectly resulted from those acts of betrayal.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kayo80(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Rednaxelot:

The same person that dinned and winned with the family during the day, went at night to kill the pillars of the family.

Little wonder he was killed and maimed after death.

What else can be a better definition of a traitor than Nzeogwu. Yet, his kinsmen will come here to call Yoruba people Traitors.

Don't mind them. This is worse than anything they believe Awolowo did.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logica(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Nzeogwu was an IBO by name only, he was born, and grew up in the North, Kaduna to be specific.
...and how about Ifeajuna (who happened to be the REAL leader of the coup)?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by ezeukwu1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
blazetitov:

Bad belle! well, its allowed. sm1 stated a fact n u chose 2 do selective perception. u go skul?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logica(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
kayo80:

Don't mind them. This is worse than anything they believe Awolowo did.
Just to be clear; Awolowo betrayed NOBODY. Awolowo was preparing to have a meeting with Ojukwu to find a solution without violence when he found out Ojukwu had launched at attack on Benin and heading for Lagos. Who in his right senses will form an alliance with such an impulsive soldier? So no, if anybody was betrayed, it was Awolowo.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
blazetitov:

Dude I'm not Ibo, I just read that in Chinua Achebe's book. So chill.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Outofsync(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
temptnow:
Fulanis destroying Nigeria since independence
Fucking Read, shithead.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by bestower: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nigeria is a failed nation from its foundation,self centred,ill mannered,greedy,and corrupt leaders from onset.i weep for our unborn generations,may d gods of our land rise to defend d innocents ones.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logica(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
NovusHomo:

The consequence: millions of lives lost in the civil war that indirectly resulted from those acts of betrayal.
Senseless waste.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Bluette(f): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
this is so emotional. She's a strong woman. I am just speechless
Yoruba adage says: eni toh moni loun seni. Ki olodumare gbawa lowo eni toh fobe eyin je ni nisu.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by tit(f): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
KevinDein:
So basically Igbos were the first treacherous bastarddss in the history of the country. The first to draw blood. Ultimately, the flateees deserve whatever ill have befallen them in this country: the three million igbo souls executed. They should just continue reaping what their dishonorable ancestors sew.

so do you want another coup and genocide?
what are you scared of?
so the millions of school kids, babies, teachers, market women and artisans you murdered committed treason too?
why arent you comfortable in your own skin?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by rantmoniker(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
Could this be the reason for the popular saying in the West that if you see a snake and an Ibo man, kill the Ibo man first.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kayo80(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
Just to be clear; Awolowo betrayed NOBODY. Awolowo was preparing to have a meeting with Ojukwu to find a solution without violence when he found out Ojukwu had launched at attack on Benin and heading for Lagos. Who in his right senses will form an alliance with such an impulsive soldier? So no, if anybody was betrayed, it was Awolowo.

I know. Thanks for pointing that out for them. I said that because they believe so much that Awolowo betrayed them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Outofsync(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
Nigeria was even offically at war with Biafra at the time, hence any tatics employable should have been expected.

Here, We see two men; friends and extended family, at peace with each other and no bad blood between them.

And yet, yet, he was murdered in cold blood.

I think History should be included in the Nigerian Educational Curriculum.

There's really a lot we've gone through.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by adexsimply(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Omo ale ree oo shocked sad
Learn to read, it'll do you a lot of good

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
...and how about Ifeajuna (who happened to be the REAL leader of the coup)?
The 1966 Nigerian coup d'état began on January 15, 1966 when mutinous Nigerian soldiers led by
Kaduna Nzeogwu assassinated 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others. The coup plotters attacked the cities of Kaduna , Ibadan , and Lagos while also blockading the Niger and Benue River within a two-day span of time before the coup plotters were subdued.
That's what I saw on the Wikipedia page, and I just recently read China Achebe's 'There was a country'.
Explain Ifeajuna's major role to me, Achebe didn't really put him into any relevance in the book
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by glossy6(f): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
An emotional story. Feeling sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Flooding: FG Warns 9 States To Prepare For Heavy Floods From September 6 / Akpabio Names Senators, Reps Who Got Contracts / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.