Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (76163 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kayo80(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
solasoulmusic:
Our weakest link in this world is our tribalism and until we get rid of it we will keep running in circles.

A traitor is a traitor it has nothing to do with their race , color or creed

Godbless the woman that gave birth to you.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by gbaskiboy: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Omo ale ree oo shocked sad
go and read the story before making stupid comment. Before then receive sense

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kayo80(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
blazetitov:

Nice. What a time to disown Nzeogwu!

lol! Don't mind them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by KevinDein: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
tit:

so do you want another coup and genocide?
what are you scared of?
so the millions of school kids, babies, teachers, market women and artisans you murdered committed treason too?
why arent you comfortable in your own skin?
what I'm scared of? I want another coup? WTF are you even talking about?
I'm fuuucckkking comfortable in my own skin. I was just setting the record straight. Igbos have a nag for playing the victim but history clearly show they were the first to draw blood. They are not as innocent or the victims they love to portray. As a matter of fact they are the real villains in this movie called Nigeria.
They should just swallow whatever ill that comes their way

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logica(m): 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The 1966 Nigerian coup d'état began on January 15, 1966 when mutinous Nigerian soldiers led by
Kaduna Nzeogwu assassinated 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others. The coup plotters attacked the cities of Kaduna , Ibadan , and Lagos while also blockading the Niger and Benue River within a two-day span of time before the coup plotters were subdued.
That's what I saw on the Wikipedia page, and I just recently read China Achebe's 'There was a country'.
Explain Ifeajuna's major role to me, Achebe didn't really put him into any relevance in the book
Ifeajuna was the actual leader and planner of the coup. Nzeogwu joined the group a bit later. You can read more by doing a Google search for the Nigerian Police report on the investigation of the coup. Mind you, this was the Nigerian Police of the 60s who knew their job well; not the current crop.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by akingbatope: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
iceberryose:
The person that rebrands front page news used to try o
See the way the topic is wicked but the story is emotional
I hail
touching story, I pray u see them in heaven at last,rip to d dief
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by bidexmimi(f): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
I wonder ow somepple jump 2 conclusion without reading or trying 2 know why. When I see such topics, the 1st tin dat comes mind is to understand why such comment was made.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by goodforsomthing: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
ouigy99:

Guy, I agree with you that their deeds was wrong. But never forget that we are dealing with the military.
Just like politicians, there is no permanent friend or superior in the military.
Coups when planned must be executed to the end. To be properly executed, a certain number of people have to die.
I guess they wanted to give her father an honorable death, that's why they took him outside to kill him.
Have you read the IBB and Vasta case, where one killed his best friend after a botched coup? Even Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso was killed by his child hood friend Blaise Compaoré in a military coup. Blaise had known Thomas since they were kids and used to go eat in Thomas house on a regular base.
That's to make you more alert for most times, it's those closest to you that will plot your downfall.
Finally, I do not think it's a nice idea to see ones parents die in such manner, for that picture of their bleeding dying last moments will forever haunt you.

That is true,there is saying in Yoruba that goes like this ti iku Ile o ba PA ni -ti ode o le PA ni meaning closest enemy always comes as a friends.may GOD save us from evil friends,Naijabet man say so

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by eyinjuege: 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
ouigy99:

Finally, I do not think it's a nice idea to see ones parents die in such manner, for that picture of their bleeding dying last moments will forever haunt you.

I do understand her completely.
One of the greatest regrets would have been not being there to say goodbye.
She was there, albeit in a crazy moment. She was there at their last moments.
She was there to offer some comfort even though it didn't amount to much.
Most people would like to die with their loved one around them, no one wants to die alone, with nobody with them.
She sounds grounded.
The Nigerian army did know how to take care of their own, don't know about now though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by blazetitov: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Dude I'm not Ibo, I just read that in Chinua Achebe's book. So chill.

No beef bro. Just the timing of your comment.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by meforyou1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hagm0nd:
ademulegun killed by an IBO man, his statue stands in ondo city roundabout,fajuyi died protecting an IBO man,yet they call us cowards and traitors.
time will tell
the coup didn't succeed because one of the coup plotters, Major Adewale Ademoyega, developed cold feet.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kayo80(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The 1966 Nigerian coup d'état began on January 15, 1966 when mutinous Nigerian soldiers led by
Kaduna Nzeogwu assassinated 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others. The coup plotters attacked the cities of Kaduna , Ibadan , and Lagos while also blockading the Niger and Benue River within a two-day span of time before the coup plotters were subdued.
That's what I saw on the Wikipedia page, and I just recently read China Achebe's 'There was a country'.
Explain Ifeajuna's major role to me, Achebe didn't really put him into any relevance in the book

Achebe was an Igbo author. What do u expect? It is not like he was in the military or a politician at the time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Dekmankind(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
I can't believe I just sat back down and read through this lengthy story, after I already shutdown my system and picked my bag to leave the office.
Quite an ordeal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by meforyou1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
It's military strategy. IBB killed Vatsa, his best man on his wedding day - for allegedly plotting to overthrow him
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by giles14(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
I posted this for those who always like to portray the murderers who conducted the January 1966 coup as patriots and heroes. They were nothing but low-down dirty murderers and traitors. They used to come eat at Ademulegun's house. They also used to visit the Sardauna often (Nzeogwu for one was one of the Sardauna's pets). A pregnant woman was murdered in front of her daughter. Heroes indeed.
nzeogwu is not IGBO please.

he is from ANIOMA.
neither is his follow coup plotters.

make una leave Igbos alone

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
meforyou1:
the coup didn't succeed because one of the coup plotters, Major Adewale Ademoyega, developed cold feet.

Actually , he didn't.

Coup failed largely because the coupists did not get Ironsi, then the head of the Nigerian army, as well as another coupist (not ademoyega) developing cold feet.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by omooba969(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I'm not in support of Biafra but it was this same misunderstanding that was among the reasons that led to the Nigerian civil war. Nzeogwu was an IBO by name only, he was born, and grew up in the North, Kaduna to be specific. He lived among northerners and was basically one of them.

Would you say hausa blood ran in Nzeogwu's veins?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logica(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
giles14:
nzeogwu is not IGBO please.

he is from ANIOMA.
...and Ifeajuna is...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Omo ale ree oo shocked sad
I guess u didnt read d article..

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Oceemo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Go and read "Why we struck" by one of the coup plotters Adewale Ademoyiga u will understand better but as one of them he portray themselves as heroes and he also was in Favour of the east. cus he fought as a Biafra soldier. Read it's very fine.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by sinkhole: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hagm0nd:
ademulegun killed by an IBO man, his statue stands in ondo city roundabout,fajuyi died protecting an IBO man,yet they call us cowards and traitors.
time will tell
They still kill, in cold blood, somebody they usually go to his house to eat pounded yam and play with the children, and they will turn around to shout that Yorubas are back-stabbers!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by omooba969(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Missmossy:
Aww she really saw a lot.

Really bad though, biting the fingers that fed you

@bolded,

That is Igbo for you but if you per adventure find a trustworthy Igbo, you have indeed found an angel; you don't need to go to heaven to find one.

Hope you gerrit? cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Decryptor(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
Rednaxelot:

The same person that dinned and winned with the family during the day, went at night to kill the pillars of the family.

Little wonder he was killed and maimed after death.

What else can be a better definition of a traitor than Nzeogwu. Yet, his kinsmen will come here to call Yoruba people Traitors.

So you didn't see Major Adewole Adewoyega among the coupists? What treachery is worse than the one you perpetrate against your own brother? Educate your tribesmen first before mentioning Nzeogwu.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by tomzman: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
logica:
...and Ifeajuna is...
From Ibadan, Oyo State grin

You dey mind am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by andreawills96(f): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Oceemo(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually , he didn't.

Coup failed largely because the coupists did not get Ironsi, then the head of the Nigerian army, as well as another coupist (not ademoyega) developing cold feet.

Yea I concur with u, Ironsi was a coward sleeping in ship for fear of death wch still meet him there. Gowon show those men from the east sha oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by IrradiatoR: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hagm0nd:
ademulegun killed by an IBO man, his statue stands in ondo city roundabout, Fajuyi died protecting an IBO man, yet they call us cowards and traitors.
time will tell
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
solasoulmusic:
Our weakest link in this world is our tribalism and until we get rid of it we will keep running in circles.

A traitor is a traitor it has nothing to do with their race , color or creed

You dey mind them.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by olamitodotun14: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
What a wonderful interview! Long but soul wrenching...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by omooba969(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
blazetitov:

Nice. What a time to disown Nzeogwu!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...buahahahahahahahahahahaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's a sucker punch! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Can't stop laughing....chai Igbozzzz!

Buahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seun Fakorede To Marry Sylvia Chioma Nwosu (Photos) / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State / Flooding: FG Warns 9 States To Prepare For Heavy Floods From September 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.