Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack (45249 Views)

Enugu Fulani Attack Was Planned In Kogi, Suspect Confesses / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State / Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by sixtuschimere: 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
As shared by Victor Chigozie on social media...…

'Following the alarm raised on this Forum on the planned attack on the town of Obunagu in Enugwu Agidi community by Fulani herdsmen, APGA Interactive Forum has received a cheering report that the situation is now under control.

A report from the Enugwu Agidi town says The herdsmen reported to one of the villagers that their cow was stolen in Obunagu and vowed they would take drastic measures in retaliation.

They gave three days ultimatum.

The vigilante in collaboration with Enugwu-Agidi (ABU) brotherly union swung into action, and after investigations, some boys were apprehended, of which they confessed that they stole the cow.

They are 7 in number and 5 have been apprehended while 2 are still at large.

The cow was sold to a woman who is also on the run, at the cost of 50,000 naira.

Those apprehended have been handed to police, while the community is dialoguing with the herdsmen.

Below, are the pictures of those arrested'.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/update-on-fulani-herdsmen-planned.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by omaiyale: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
The fear of Fulani attack is the beginning of wisdom, but why dialoging with the herds men ??
The Community better provide their Cows for themooo..
Those guys don't have forgiven spirit to avoid Story that touch.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by amaechi1: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
I am happy that the village did what they did to avoid further breakdown of peace. The culprits should thank God that they have fallen in the hand of their kinsmen than the hands of herdsmen.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by funmijoyb(f): 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
so they fear another bloodbaths......d fear of herdsmen is d beginning of wisdom

34 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by omenka(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
If I say what's on my mind, some people would go to bed with hearts broken into a billion pieces and their eyes laden with tears. So, I'd just pass. grin

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by phemmyutd(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
I love what these villagers did, and this is just the way to go.

I keep telling people that there is more to this herdsmen attacks.
We have been living with these people for years, why is it now that they start attacking people if there is nothing attached to it.
Kudos to the villagers for working for peace

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by dunkem21(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
Kudos to the vigilante group cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by StOla: 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
To prevent the loss of their own lives, the Igbos did not defend their hard working brothers in this instance.

I guess the Fulani herdsmen have become agents of change and cultural reorientation.

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by wolelove(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
So una de fear Fulani Kikikikiki laughing in Swahili

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by shakaZuIlu: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
[s]
omenka:
If I say what's on my mind, some people would go to head with hearts broken into a billion pieces. So, I'd just pass. grin
[/s]
Nonsense trash there's nothing you can say that justifies you cowardice towards your own people being butchered by fulani herdsmen daily all because you've sold your petty self for a plate of aisha rice.
shame!
shame!
shame!!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kingzizzy: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
This could be fake news. I see Palm trees in the picture so it's possible it could be Igbo land. But, there isn't any vigilante in Igbo land in sympathy with herdsmen who have been commiting untold attrocities. If this is Igbo land, then it could be just a case where some youths stole ( cow or otherwise) and the vigilante apprehended them. Igbos have no love for herdsmen.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by limeta(f): 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
You can please them all you like, if it work for you, good.
For all i know it,s never been about cow

3 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by MXrep: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
omenka:
If I say what's on my mind, some people would go to bed with hearts broken into a billion pieces and their eyes laden with tears. So, I'd just pass. grin
what is on your mind apart from the same stale rants, the boys stole, and must be punished, it has noting to do with fulanis in fact they would have been burnt if it were in onitsha

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by mu2sa2: 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Kudos to the villagers for doing the needful. Most herdsmen attacks across the country are launched following incidents like this.

6 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by MXrep: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
by the way, this happened in Enugu-Agidi, Anambra state and not Enugu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Lushore1: 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Buy why stealing fulani's cows in the first place?

8 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kingzizzy: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
I took a closer look at the pictures, this is not Igbo land. There is no way People will gather like this in an Igbo village land and nobody is wearing a traditional Igbo dress. Not possible! They are all wearing English clothing in a Village in Enugu? The news is fake!

7 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kingzizzy: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
MXrep:
by the way, this happened in Enugu-Agidi, Anambra state and not Enugu

Look at the picture well and tell me anything you see that tells you this is Igbo land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by malton: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
omenka:

@Topic, what the people did is right. In as much as we condemn the atrocities of the fulani herdsmen, people should not look for trouble by stealing their cattle which is their source of livelihood.

I don't know what else the people should have done, support thieves or what?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
kingzizzy:
This could be fake news. I see Palm trees in the picture so it's possible it could be Igbo land. But, there isn't any vigilante in Igbo land in sympathy with herdsmen who have been commiting untold attrocities. If this is Igbo land, then it could be just a case where some youths stole ( cow or otherwise) and the vigilante apprehended them. Igbos have no love for herdsmen.

We have no love for herdsmen and we also do not accept stealing so if the story is real then the villagers did the right thing by arresting the thieves and handing them over to the police.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
omenka, be a man and say whatever rubbish you want to say, we have seen it all.

No matter what you've got I bet you can't do more than the Yorubas do here and we parry their attacks well so suck it up.

5 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
StOla:
To prevent the loss of their own lives, the Igbos did not defend their hard working brothers in this instance.

I guess the Fulani herdsmen have become agents of change and cultural reorientation.

For the fulani herdsmen to have deemed it necessary to report to the people that their cattle was stolen shows that they have a good level of respect for the people.

16 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by saintmark88(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
This is d reason this guys started arming themselves n d first place, because they were been taken for granted... Pple steal their cows n all, I have been hearing of this thing since, this story just confirms, so pple still have d mind to steal fulani's cow... Nigerians, esp we southerns we r so selfish, greedy and wicked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
omenka you should be so ashamed of yourself and your entire existence.

Igbos have condemned the fulani herdsmen here and are even tired of doing so. Yorubas have condemned the fulani herdsmen including those that are pro buhari but you have never been man enough to condemn them despite the fact that your people have sustained grievious casualties at their hands.

That says a lot about you.

I spit on your bald head.

shame!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
saintmark88:
This is d reason this guys started arming themselves n d first place, because they were been taken for granted... Pple steal their cows n all, I have been hearing of this thing since, this story just confirms, so pple still have d mind to steal fulani's cow... Nigerians, esp we southerns we r so selfish, greedy and wicked

You should commend the villagers for fishing out the thieves from among them.

4 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by mayorchelsea(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
I don't know/understand how these people have suddenly made Omenka the most popular fella.I could be wrong though,I've never seen him mention anyone in his own comments.Why can't people just post their comments without chanting 'Omenka' like he has the key to some people's destiny?Nairaland is boring these days.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kingzizzy: 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
HurtgenForest:

We have no love for herdsmen and we also do not accept stealing so if the story is real then the villagers did the right thing by arresting the thieves and handing them over to the police.

True. But the nincompoop who started this thread ( probably a Yoruba guy) twisted the headline to make it look like Igbos did this for the fear of Herdsmen.

4 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
kingzizzy:

True. But the nincompoop who started this thread ( probably a Yoruba guy) twisted the headline to make it look like Igbos did this for the fear of Herdsmen.

Excatly my brother.

The headline of this thread is misleading.

MODs, the headline is sensational.

6 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by hundredhunndred: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
HurtgenForest:
omenka you should be so ashamed of yourself and your entire existence.

Igbos have condemned the fulani herdsmen here and are even tired of doing so. Yorubas have condemned the fulani herdsmen including those that are pro buhari but you have never been man enough to condemn them despite the fact that your people have sustained grievious casualties at their hands.

That says a lot about you.

I spit on your bald head.

shame!!!!

Rayhuter, You are pained. Why not face the topic and leave Omenka alone. Dont you have shame?

34 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Rayhuter, You are pained. Why not face the topic and leave Omenka alone. Dont you have shame?

omenka is the one holding himself not me, I have no business with someone that chants sai baba from morning till night everyday of his life.

7 Likes

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by dustmalik: 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
phemmyutd:
I love what these villagers did, and this is just the way to go.

I keep telling people that there is more to this herdsmen attacks.
We have been living with these people for years, why is it now that they start attacking people if there is nothing attached to it.
Kudos to the villagers for working for peace
Before you see fulanis attacking a village, they must have been wronged by the villagers one way or another. They highly regard their cows. if you kill one of their cows, they will come back and kill you and your family. i"m not justifying their atrocities, but that's how they operate.

Some villagers go as far as poisoning their cows. they go back in full force to retaliate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami 45th Birthday: Ibori, Uduaghan, Ereyitomi Hail Billionaire / Protest In London Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives FHC For Secret Trial: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.