Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (54001 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by seguno2: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Because RCCG is now fully part of the federal government.
No more no less.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by tmtech: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2016
justice is different from vengeance. so, if a pastor's daughter was raped, he shouldnt report to police? this is unacceptable

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Shabib(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2016
Suspicious.
They shouldn't kill an innocent person. It's a grave offense.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Amaizu(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2016
While I agree with Daddy Adeboye,the fact remains that a crime has been committed against the state.Anyone who "forgives" the killers now without presenting them before a court of competent jurisdiction is simply compounding a felony.Another crime.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by mazichika: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Even if you seek vengeance nothing will still come out from it.
All we ask from you men of GOD is to speak to the authority about the killing of Christians in present day nigeria, and stop pretending that all is well in order to appease your billionaire patronages.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by tmtech: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.
exactly, drive them away or just kill them cos, no one is going go seek vengeance

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by seguno2: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

Your post can be misconstrued as endorsing the cold blooded MURDER of the lady instead of the sole recourse to the court for resolving this issue.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2016
youngest85:

U 4 seek vengeance na whether u go find
Watch your tongue.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by OKUCHI11(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2016
religion is really the sigh of the oppressed creature..
... a tool for social control....

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2016
4dor:

So death is the appropriate punishment?

Did she say that in her post?

Why do you people like twisting words to suit a point?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by DIVINE78: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
Thank You Jesus.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by fireforfire: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
All dis pple sef.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Pedropa: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
Pprovost:

According to the revered man of God, if Dcns
Elisha was actually preaching to win souls for
Jesus Christ, it would be unscriptural and anti-
Christ to seek to kill the same souls she sought to
save.

God bless you sir!

Those noisemakers that are using this incident to mock the Yorubas can go and sleep now or help seek for vengeance if they are so concerned.

I didn't want to say this till i saw ur comment. But i will put it in a mild way.

Hope he wouldn't seek vengeance if it were to be Igbos ? I don't want to believe Afonja/fulani relationship played a part in his resolution.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by shamecurls(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2016
“Anger is an essential part of being human. People are taught to deny themselves anger, and in this, they are actually opening themselves up to hate. The more you deny yourself the freedom to be angry, the more you will hate. Let yourself be angry, and hate will disintegrate, and when hate disintegrates, forgiveness prevails! The more you deny that you are angry, in attempts to be [size=13pt]"HOLY"[/size] the more inhuman you will become, and the more inhuman you will become, the harder it will be to forgive.”

― C. JoyBell C.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Orikinla(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2016
[size=20pt]Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

~Ezekiel 18:23 , Holy Bible[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by jayney404: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2016
Without being told, a believer leaves vengance for God almighty
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by 49cents(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2016
This is what I love about the tenets of Christianity!!! The upturning of the 'norms'.....not of cowardice but because of Something Else!!!!

They don't 'fight' for God, Infact Christ teaches that his followers should "forgive them that persecute thee"

An excellent one from Daddy G.O

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by WeldHome: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2016
ANBAKO:
The greatest scam ever invented is religion!!!

You mean Christianity or the pastor? grin grin grin

Abeg, Christianity no be scam oh.. Na just our so called "men of god" dey use greed spoil am... sad
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2016
shamecurls:
“Anger is an essential part of being human. People are taught to deny themselves anger, and in this, they are actually opening themselves up to hate. The more you deny yourself the freedom to be angry, the more you will hate. Let yourself be angry, and hate will disintegrate, and when hate disintegrates, forgiveness prevails! The more you deny that you are angry, in attempts to be [size=13pt]"HOLY"[/size] the more inhuman you will become, and the more inhuman you will become, the harder it will be to forgive.”

― C. JoyBell C.
Be angry, but forgive and love.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by David4best(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2016
This is why it is very difficult for those that are really called by God answer call to pastorship or ministry. May God save us from evil people.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by WeldHome: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
mazichika:
Even if you seek vengeance nothing will still come out from it.
All we ask from you men of GOD is to speak to the authority about the killing of Christians in present day nigeria, and stop pretending that all is well in order to appease your billionaire patronages.

Succinctly put!

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by 49cents(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
shamecurls:

― C. JoyBell C.

That is C joybell's personal opinion.....

The more you know the less angry you'll be

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by D34lw4p(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2016
Rexceedo:
"See You @ The Top" with the aid of Signature
hello, this dealwap...search for dealwap on facebook, lets talk.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Originalsly: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2016
Vengeance is for the Lord period. Oh...I'm not going to seek vengeance because that was not what she wanted...because she so and so..really?...from a Man of God? ...and I know she is sitting in Heaven at the right hand of God. Really?...I thought judgement also was for God only. And I know when I get to Heaven she would be there to welcome me. Really?...he has even judged himself to be Heaven bound. The Bible said to discern . ...no one that is of God would be saying such. Wolf in sheep's clothing....not all that talk of God are of God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Stanbeto: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Nobody can fight for God, he is God of War.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Mologi(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2016
oyo teachers are suffering...AJUMOBI

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by tunjijones(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

From what I have seen and read abt this man hr is going to say same thing had it been the slained was his daughter. Am not much of a church person though my patents are full blown rccg members. I think the Muslim community shd from killing pple because of religion not forgetting that these religions (Christian and Muslim) are imported religions the white forced down out throats.I have read extensively abt Nigeria religions and rigions and I have come to the conclusions DAT it'd the politicians DAT are dividing us across religions and region for their selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ogawisdom(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by uwadia79(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2016
youngest85:

U 4 seek vengeance na whether u go find
shut up ur smelling mouth if u don't know how to talk.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by cold(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:

My sentiments exactly

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by computerwiz: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2016
ennyhola:
Nairalander today is my birthday...Even doe money no dey...even doe food wey man go chop no dey...sha show me some love (I need 1000likes so that I can convert it 1000naira to celebrate the day)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY. I WAN SEND U AIRTIME DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT. INBOX ME UR DIGITS. GOD BLESS.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by 4dor: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2016
WellEndowed:

Did she say that in her post?

Why do you people like twisting words to suit a point?

This thread is about the death of an innocent woman, that post had five paragraphs, just one (a sentence) talked about how sad the situation was.

Four other paragraphs was devoted to criticise people that preach with megaphones early in the morning. So you tell me if I'm twisting words or if comprehension is rocket science to you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / The N1 Billion Engineering Faculty Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donated To BIU / Deacon Survives 39 Bullets After Armed Robbery Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.