Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (53998 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by sweet7oyin(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
naijacentric:
pastor adeboye needs to stop dis negative diplomacy and speak up publicly condemning dis religious intolerance i wish she was pastor adeboye's daughter i know its a different story we will hear may God forgive dis so called 'men of God'
I pity u
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Onliie(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
I disagree sir
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Onliie(m): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Pprovost:

According to the revered man of God, if Dcns
Elisha was actually preaching to win souls for
Jesus Christ, it would be unscriptural and anti-
Christ to seek to kill the same souls she sought to
save.

God bless you sir!

Those noisemakers that are using this incident to mock the Yorubas can go and sleep now or help seek for vengeance if they are so concerned.
So now that she's dead, how does she preach to other souls? If everyone that preaches allow themselves to be killed, who will do the preaching. You think because you're a Christian you're not meant to defend yourself and kill if necessary? Read your Bible well, even Jesus advises us to buy sword.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Onliie(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Rexceedo:
That's why we are called "Christian(Christ-Like)".
Even on the Cross, Jesus Christ asked his Father to Pardon those who crucified him.
Just like St Stephen she died a Martyr.
May Her Soul Rest In Perfect Peace- Amen!
Nice move Daddy G.O!

Don't Forget;
"See You @ The Top" with the aid of my Signature
I have only one sentence for you, "you will be tested"

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by praz001(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
folks4luv:

what about the noises from mosques that wake me up every morning? believe me, I wish all states will be like Lagos in controlling noise pollution cos I see no reason a churches or mosques should mount speakers outside there properties to disturb the whole neighborhood, but that is not the issue here.
if it is wrong to do morning cry with a megaphone, hacking her to death is surely not a way to correct her or her likes. her 'noise' was not the issue, but intolerance is.

let the noise continue in order to make us better. With all the preaching ( your so called noise) there are still much evil and wicked soul around, what would it have been if reverse had been the case?
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Rexceedo: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Onliie:
I have only one sentence for you, "you will be tested"
....always waiting for that.
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Phemmmy(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
Go and Read "Fools Die" by Mario Puzo then you will understand as he dey go.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ayindeamos: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
greatgod2012:

And where exactly did you see fighting for God in this my post.

Is condemning an evil act equals to fighting for God.

You lots just like twisting people's words to suit your hypocrisy.
. Condemn or no condemn does not make the pastor unwise person. He would not act contrary to what God ask him to do. Another thing is that the moment U make d murderer to know that your lost ones are valuable and u are so pained they will do more in quick succession. That is what they do all over d world.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by delishpot: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
ennyhola:
E Neva reach 1000 likes na

Blessed are they who believe without seeing.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ayindeamos: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Anybody talking too much thinking that he or she is wiser than God and d pastor is either not a christian or is a baby christian. U can cross to the other side where they fight and kill for their GOd to make heaven If u will sill not hear that it is not of no effect condemning or not. Nigeria restructuring is the answer. It is the job of CAN and POLICE to ensure Justice. Don't presurise Baba to make statement that will endanger members of the church world over.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Tundeobama(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
if you want to know the difference between Christian and islam check the life style of Jesus and Muhammed, and this will not surprise some1 like me why Muslim are in crime fighting for God their prophet did it I employ every Muslim like me to read about jesus lifestyle and emulate because in christ you can act proper in religion.Jesus live around unbeliever they did all matter of things to him but he will neva revenge.if you are a Christian here and you asking for revenge go back and give your life to Christ where in the b bible was it written .If you serve the living God dont fight for him he has the power and if you worshipping where they teach intolerance better rethink. God bless.What pastor E.A adeboye has said isvwhat is expected of true believers to say not all this church goers with bad comments.peace
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
computerwiz:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY. I WAN SEND U AIRTIME DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT. INBOX ME UR DIGITS. GOD BLESS.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by obainosis4real: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Almajiri1:
This is preposterous!
pls what did u say is unreasonable? Is d statement or the act....
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by lebete3000: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

You too like sleep

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kk4kiss(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
God is God Allah is God jesus and mohammad came to preach the same good news. So stop causing trouble in Nigeria with religious sentiment
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Rmukoro(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
yes!

pimpchi:
Touching, God help us.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by fowosh: 12:03am On Aug 01, 2016
chaaaaai......blood of asiwaju bola Ahmed tinubu .. ....while I drink my kunnu....let me also read some sensible comments and some comments from idiots
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by stinggy(m): 12:05am On Aug 01, 2016
AuroraB:
Choke on your idiocy, mmuuu. Ain't fanning your wounds, your likes are at it undecided. Kiss a hot rod, ofeke cheesy
B u get tym 2 argue wit muntulas ooo...
I don't know who asked G.O. to seek vengeance gan sef. Just condemn the act and wade off possible future occurences, lobatan. But trust these people we share generation with na, more emotional than logical. They'll always argue in the zoombiec way.

Next time you see such, let it slide. Trying to educate an ineducable soul is like flogging a dead horse. They'll always wanna drag you down to their level. Just like plagues, AVOID THEM!...

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Maximus85(m): 12:20am On Aug 01, 2016
Rexceedo:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/i-wont-seek-vengeance-killers-abuja-preacher-adeboye/

I still wonder why all these big pastors can't still understand the simplest truth in the Bible. Jesus said we should pray for God's Kingdom to come. From where? From heaven. Yet these people wants to do the opposite. Go to meet the kingdom in heaven. Who will be left here on earth?
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kilokeys(m): 2:51am On Aug 01, 2016
okay... we don hear pastor..
thats the church's opinion..

whats the government's opinion?
should it let evil thrive?

must any one press charges before the judiciary act to save its pple from criminals?

i actually see Adeboye's message as an act of cowardice

its such an hypocritical move to save face

so why d heck does he have security at the redeemed camp?

he should let all criminals hv their way na..

nonsense

i dont fear him... i fear only God.. i respect him
but he just fooled himself on this issue.

he should hv just said he'll leave the case in the hands of the government to bring justice on the perpertrators

why does he feel differently about boko haram insurgents?
or is this not an act of terrorism too?

i am very spiritual for ur information.. but i am not a fanatic.. wisdom is profitable to direct..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by GeeGee98: 5:51am On Aug 01, 2016
And her parents are still alive.
Seven children ?? And see how little they are. sad
God, may you give these kids the fortitude to bear this great loss.
Losing one's mother is so not tight.
RIP ma'am.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by rhymz(m): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2016
I couldn't even bring myself to read all that gibberish about forgiveness the man is talking about. I know for sure that he won't be all preachy and silent if any of his family members was slaughter like a chicken.

It is annoying how very political these so called men of God have turned, the main reason why Daddy GO is do reticent is because one of his own is in Aso Rock and raising his voice might look like a betrayal or opposition to the government one of his own is a rubber stamp no 2. Let him spare us the hypocritical preachy nonsense, we are not fools.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by BIDOO(m): 7:33am On Aug 01, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

Because when it comes to others we are quick to preach and teach mercy

But ours we take up the sword.

Just saying my mind
for your information dude.......this man of God always live by his word, he would rather not preach what it can't put into action.
the fact is that there are some spiritual gift he possess which you are not and one of it is forgiving spirit unless one is giving it's hard to forgive even a little misdeed. May God open ur mind of understanding.......amen....shalom
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by frubben(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=BIDOO post=48075468]
for your information dude.......this man of God always live by his word, he would rather not preach what it can't put into action.
the fact is that there are some spiritual gift he possess which you are not and one of it is forgiving spirit unless one is giving it's hard to forgive even a little misdeed. May God open ur mind of understanding.......amen....shalom[/quote

Bros am nt hating , am just saying. We are quick to say some things because its people's that are involve. Wen its comes to our family we bend scripture. Just saying o
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 8:44am On Aug 01, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

Because when it comes to others we are quick to preach and teach mercy

But ours we take up the sword.

Just saying my mind

He would say the same thing. If the person is indeed saved and sanctified, he/she will know that that's the right thing to do. Christ did it on the cross, Stephen did the same thing and that was why Saul who later became Paul was saved. It is really difficult, don't get me wrong, but it's the right to to do, if we indeed want to be like Christ.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=osagix post=48055866][/quote]

And how do u know that Nobody is asking him to seek vengeance? Please say what you know. When did condemning acts of religious violence stop the violence in Nigeria or terrorism worldwide? Let's learn our lessons from history..
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2016
MakaveliTheDon:
I no blame adeboye na d woman I blame and her husband you dey risk your own life dey preach where terrorist there and or G.O dey im mansion for Lagos dey preach via Internet dey post Facebook update ,dey tweet why u dey suffer urself se Adeboye 's pikin fit dey do morning cry the street .its when they aren't yet rich that they are human but after that they become inhumane

If you are a Christian, the truth is that you should be prepared to die for it. So risking their lives for glory is worth it my dear. That is what we have been called to do.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by AuroraB(f): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2016
stinggy:

B u get tym 2 argue wit muntulas ooo...
I don't know who asked G.O. to seek vengeance gan sef. Just condemn the act and wade off possible future occurences, lobatan. But trust these people we share generation with na, more emotional than logical. They'll always argue in the zoombiec way.

Next time you see such, let it slide. Trying to educate an ineducable soul is like flogging a dead horse. They'll always wanna drag you down to their level. Just like plagues, AVOID THEM!...
Thanks darling embarassed

Kee k'imelu smiley
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2016
tonio2wo:

Why are we killing boko haram then? We shld wait for the lord's vengeance na.

Who is we? Please read well and assimilate before adding your input
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2016
SIRJENTLE:
DEAR G.O sorry to remind you that you responded late to this matter.

almost a month(30) days before you could speak up.
if your quietness had not been condemned openly you would not have talked.
NOBODY IS TELLING YOU TO SEEK FOR VENGEANCE, WE ALL ARE OF THE SAME FAITH.

YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

He doesn't need to respond, and he wasn't responding to you. He was speaking to RCCG ministers at the ministers convention. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation. The woman died for Christ and not RCCG
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2016
degyoniro:
religion is a fucking fuxk up, this not vengeance but justice, some one was saying that what we Christian do...forgive hun, let the killer be brought to deck.....religion if you don't kill you will be killed

A carnal man cannot understand the things of the Spirit. I pray God to open your eyes to see.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by MakaveliTheDon(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2016
CashVessel:

If you are a Christian, the truth is that you should be prepared to die for it. So risking their lives for glory is worth it my dear. That is what we have been called to do.
what would you say if it were to be or relative?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / The N1 Billion Engineering Faculty Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donated To BIU / Deacon Survives 39 Bullets After Armed Robbery Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.