Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (53990 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by dnawah(m): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2016
Rexceedo:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/i-wont-seek-vengeance-killers-abuja-preacher-adeboye/
vengeance is of the Lord,simple and short.stop beating about the bush and read ur bible very well.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by rovher: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2016
It's high time we all learn to let go...
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2016
Fathers,when active, fight for their children. Little children do not fight for their active fathers, our Father (God) is more than able to fight for Himself.

But thinking like this is like seeking vengeance,because what Christ teaches us is to pray for and do good to our enemies in Matt.Chapter 5.

It is paradoxical in Christianity that the meekest and the most tolerant are the strongest. Jesus prayed for His killers and Stephen copied Jesus's example by praying for his killers.

A perfect Christian normally looks like the most stupid fool in cases like this but this is where the strength of true Christianity lies.This cannot be comprehended by the carnal mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by rasco2000me: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2016
youngest85:

U 4 seek vengeance na whether u go find
May u neva find peace, may God bring such to ur family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kinglekan: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2016
AuroraB:
What do you think? Or, you jumped in to just quote me If you followed or know the dissenting view of a few on this thread, you'd moonwalk outta my mentions sad

Thought you had some sorta reasonable arguments to make. grin

Apparently, too empty-headed to come up with something intellectual. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by AuroraB(f): 11:39am On Jul 31, 2016
kinglekan:

Thought you had some sorta reasonable arguments to make. grin

Apparently, too empty-headed to come up with something intellectual. grin

Buzz off already undecided.
Ode ni e sad. A bi o ti mo nii
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kinglekan: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2016
AuroraB:
Buzz off already undecided.
Ode ni e sad. A bi o ti mo nii

Take a hike _dumbass wink

Oponu jati jati grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by fowosh: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2016
let me drink my kunnu while I read comments from some idiots
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Right? So when armed Robbers comes to my house and tried to steal from me kill me or rape my daughter, i should not blow his brains out with my Gun eh? I should just wait (not seek vengeance) for God or be Glad that i will go to heaven if i am murdered by the armed robber.
why do so called christians even go to hospitals when they are ill? They should wait for pastors to cure them.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=greatgod2012 post=48013588]Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

Thanks for your excellent comment. MOG, you do not seek vengeance but justice.
Violent crimes against defenceless, harmless people should be redressed, not brushed aside as though their lives were nothing.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2016
God hleps those who helps themselves i heard, how can God help if one couldn't even speak out against a murder crime of an innocent woman.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by AuroraB(f): 11:51am On Jul 31, 2016
kinglekan:

Take a hike _dumbass wink

Oponu jati jati grin grin grin

Oba mugun Keep springing up foolhardy. It's your right airhead. Nwa onye akuna lipsrsealed cheesy. You and your co-travelers are in for it cool
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by remmydada(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

Because when it comes to others we are quick to preach and teach mercy

But ours we take up the sword.

Just saying my mind

that's what you have in your mind
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kinglekan: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
AuroraB:
Oba mugun Keep springing up foolhardy. It's your right airhead. Nwa onye akuna lipsrsealed cheesy. You and your co-travelers are in for it cool

Hehhehehe..You are trying so hard cheesy

Your words are not even coherent enough, says a lot about your peppersoup education. grin

I wouldnt indulge you any further....would rather spend same time picking stones. grin

Bye! wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by shamecurls(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by smartleo(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
greatgod2012:
Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

What would Jesus do?
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
cold:
Really tragic the way she was murdered but going about preaching with a megaphone in twilight in a Muslim dominated neighbourhood was just stirring for trouble. This is what i keep saying, Nigerians can be very intolerant. Stop trying to foist your beliefs down other people's throats. Believe whatever you want but don't make others feel less human for seeing things differently. Muslims are especially guilty of this.
I remember ways back in my former hood, a so called evangelist would start yelling into a megaphone by 4 o clock in the morning. Threatening every unbeliever with an eternity in hell fire. This routine was everyday! Not like a few times in the week. As if that wasn't enough, 5 o clock the Muslims would begin their call for prayers from a near by mosque. Oh dear! And to think i had to be at work in a few hours. Never slept properly, went to work with eyes bloodshot and still feeling groggy. Sometimes i just felt like going out there and shutting him up with a good left jab and reinforce my feelings with a right upper hook. But i restrained myself. Unbeknownst to me, some other people felt the same way. And one fateful morning a few people got out and asked him to leave and never come back or he may not like his next visit to the area. Of course he went on about being persecuted, how everyone on the street would be grilled in hell for all eternity and so on and so forth.
Nobody deserves to be lynched and murdered in such a grotesque and gruesome manner. A bit of tolerance is required here. My thoughts are with her family.

Modernization is one of the ways humans have departed from their maker.
In the days of the bible, Prophets of God shout out the message of eternal life for people to hear. In this modern time, no one wants to hear the shout anymore.

Anyway, Muslims still go daily to do their shouting every morning but Christians are been Banned from doing same.

Whether we all like to hear it or not.
The end of this world is imminent.
May we receive the Mercy of God in Christ Jesus while alive.

God bless us all.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by AuroraB(f): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
kinglekan:

Hehhehehe..You are trying so hard cheesy

Your words are not even coherent enough, says a lot about your peppersoup education. grin

I wouldnt indulge you any further....would rather spend same time picking stones. grin

Bye! wink

Won't be coherent to you, would it? Bug off, shithead undecided . Oniranu oshi
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kinglekan: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
AuroraB:
Won't be coherent to you, would it? Bug off, shithead undecided . Oniranu oshi

Bye sweedy!

I am not the cause of your frustrations....Choke on a sewage pipe, it might help you relax. wink

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ever811(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
youngest85:

U 4 seek vengeance na whether u go find
na wa for you oooo abi you be one of the killers?
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ever811(m): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

Just saying my mind
hope you read where the husband of the death said same..that's Christianity for you nd not the sword carrying religion.. Islamabad.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by AuroraB(f): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
kinglekan:

Bye sweedy!

I am not the cause of your frustrations....Choke on a sewage pipe, it might help you relax. wink

Choke on your idiocy, mmuuu. Ain't fanning your wounds, your likes are at it undecided. Kiss a hot rod, ofeke cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by KAYD007(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
What boastfulness...oh! So. he has the power to call vengeance on the killers of one his pastors but cannot utilize such for their protection to make sure such hadn't happened ? Imagine the tone, the boastfulness, arrogating to himself, power he does not have. Well he can only deceive the gullible...who believed he drove his car for several miles without fuel.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace and may the family have the fortitude to bear the loss.

The relevant authority must make sure they seek vengeance on her behalf by bringing the perpetrators to justice.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Elumelu: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nobody is asking you to seek vengeance, all we say is come out and condemn such act. Look at turkey today, that was what xtians where saying before Muslim took over their country.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by just2endowed: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

this is how imam told u to go kill innocent people abi?

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by MasterofdRolls1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:

If its raising funds now, his voice would b the loudest.

Has he asked you for funds before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by SIRJENTLE: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
DEAR G.O sorry to remind you that you responded late to this matter.
almost a month(30) days before you could speak up. if your quietness had not been condemned openly you would not have talked. NOBODY IS TELLING YOU TO SEEK FOR VENGEANCE, WE ALL ARE OF THE SAME FAITH.
YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Progress2468(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

Sir the issue is not that of mega phone, rather Religious intolerance, because she was killed by the same people who use hornspeakers to disturb the peace orders by 5am chatting words in Arabic

What can be more disturbing than that

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by LydayBobo(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
I will not join issues with anyone on this matter because by the time Baba God go show Himself as per the matter ; the person wey no buy go pay.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by delishpot: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
ennyhola:
Nairalander today is my birthday...Even doe money no dey...even doe food wey man go chop no dey...sha show me some love (I need 1000likes so that I can convert it 1000naira to celebrate the day)

Better dey come your way soon. No forget to give that your poor neighbour some o.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Kgdavid(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:

Just saying my mind

too many people are fond of using their own character to make judgments of others. why don't you just speak for yourself? It's obvious Pastor Adeboye and you are not similar types of human beings when we look at where he is today and where he started from. You look at the huge church today and think that he started with private jets?

It takes a certain kind of character to devote one's life to building a church for God. Especially back in those days when doing church work was seen as ticket to a life of penury.

So please keep your vengeful and loud mouthed character to yourself.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by makinde851: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Vengance is mine says the lord.... Doesnt matter who dies...... And just be careful not to sin against the holy ghost. Its unforgivable...
frubben:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / The N1 Billion Engineering Faculty Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donated To BIU / Deacon Survives 39 Bullets After Armed Robbery Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.