Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (53993 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
greatgod2012:
Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD,
SILENCE BY THE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD IS A BIG BETRAYAL TO THE BODY OF CHRIST., WE ARE NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD FIGHT THE CULPRIT. IT IS THEIR DUTY TO ENCOURAGE THE FLOCK.
CHRISTIANS ARE NOW BEING INTIMIDATED FROM DOING THEIR MAIN ASSIGNMENT WHICH IS PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO THE WORLD.
COMPARE THEIR ALTITUDE OR SILENCE TO THE RECENT PRONOUNCEMENT BY THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO ENCOURAGING HIS PEOPLE TO FIGHT AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH WHENEVER THEY ARE OPPRESSED.

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ayanbaba2(m): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice!!!

Christ like indeed!
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by tonio2wo: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
compujyde:

My dear sister, there are some Great Men of God (not god of men) that communes so deeply with the Holy Spirit such that commanding maggots to eat up the intestines and brains of her killers (both masterminds and perpetrators) just like the case of King Herod in the bible; wouldn't be an issue at all whether they fast and pray over it or not. Without idolizing, Pastor Adeboye is a classic example of such.

But the Great Man of God did a wise thing so as not to heat up the polity at least for now. He also made the killers to know that their victory was short-lived and blazing hell awaits them if they don't surrender their hearts to Jesus whom Evangelist Eunice obviously sacrificed her life for just like Stephen in the bible.

With the present economic disaster hitting the country from all ends, religious crisis added to it will definitely end Nigeria in a destructive way so I say "God bless Pastor Adeboye" for not using his spiritual might or local/international connections to effect instant justice.

Are you adeboye's spiritual interpreter?
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by fireflies07: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
And when something unpleasant happens to such generation of the murderers, people won't know the cause. d bible says "IF YOU SLAIN PEOPLE BY SWORD, YOU SHALL ALSO BE SLAIN BY SWORD". Mark dat word. Even if they later receive Christ d punishment will still b there.

My question is: Why serving a God dat cannot fight for himself in which u have to fight and kill people in d name of religion?
I guess I have d answer in d bible which says
A TIME WILL COME WHEN THOSE WHO SLAIN YOU WILL THINK THEY ARE SERVING ME (GOD). God knows d end from d beginning.
I rest my case....
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by anataala: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
You are the one that is terrorist if you are not aware of our discussion better go and read the trail quote author=tonio2wo post=48054938]

Who is this terrorist??
I have been observing you posts here, abeg swerve! [/quote]
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Originalsly: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Burgundy:

Be careful with your words. Blasphemy against the Holy spirit is the only sin that will never be forgiven in this current life and in the life after. Saying a man of God that is of God is not of God is blasphemy. Be careful with your words sir.
I am careful with my words... he is not of God....because his words and actions are contrary to the teachings of the scriptures. You be careful with your words.... is he the Holy Spirit?....isn't it blasphemy to say he is of God?... God told you that? Learn to discern instead of blindly following these religious prostitutes.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by PerkyJeggs(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
The Bible called US Christians Soldier of Christ, we are bound with the suffering of Christ. She knew the dangers in winning souls for Christ yet she ignored and went to turn souls back to God. Her reward is in heaven.
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
greatgod2012:
Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

abi o
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:

If its raising funds now, his voice would b the loudest.
dem no dey use da one joke
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by passyhansome(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
RELIGION OF PISS AND VIOLENCE ARE LIKE 5&6

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by chuose: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
[size=14pt]Nigerians dont be fooled by this.

Adeboye did not condemn the killing, nobody asked him to seek retribution.

We expect him to condemn the killings [/size]
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Ezekiel68(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

Because when it comes to others we are quick to preach and teach mercy

But ours we take up the sword.

Just saying my mind
God have mercy on you
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
tonio2wo:

So in essence you are saying that if the police arrests and tries to prosecute the criminals that kill her, the husband will come n plea for their pardon n release? Because he is practising christianity?
I no blame adeboye na d woman I blame and her husband you dey risk your own life dey preach where terrorist there and or G.O dey im mansion for Lagos dey preach via Internet dey post Facebook update ,dey tweet why u dey suffer urself se Adeboye 's pikin fit dey do morning cry the street .its when they aren't yet rich that they are human but after that they become inhumane
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Ezekiel68(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:

God have mercy on you
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by BABANGBALI: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
Baba take style dodge,him no want the wahala of the religion of piss grin grin
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by truthman2013: 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

~Ezekiel 18:23 , Holy Bible[/size]

on the contrary we see how Yahweh was ordering Moses and his other jihadist to kill pagans in the OT sad
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
delishpot:

Better dey come your way soon. No forget to give that your poor neighbour some o.
E Neva reach 1000 likes na
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Ayatullah(m): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
PASTOR ADEBOYE: YOU ARE VERY INCORRECT!
Pastor Adeboye, you said: "The slain woman evangelist in Kubwa will be among those waiting to welcome you in heaven". Can you please point a place in the Bible or anywhere Jesus teaches this.

Please read your bible well and be rest assured that what your bible teaches is that when you are dead, you are DEAD! You must wait for RESURRECTION DAY to know where you are going.

It is therefore spiritual arrogance on your side to think someone who did not know where she will end up is waiting to welcome you in heaven.

Even YOU Pastor Enoch Adeboye cannot boast of where you are going. Why? Because JESUS SAID IT CLEARLY in the bible that: "It is not ALL that calls him Lord that will make heaven, EVEN THOSE WO HEAL IN HIS NAME".

You should therefore be patient until Judgement day to know your fate!
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by 4dor: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Organs:

4DOR, People like you is the reason why we cannot have a conversation in this country, cos you will always jump up and point finger.... How is this saying death is appropriate?? He is opening up the conversation to look at all sides of the divide and how responsibility should be shared and look at your conclusion....hypocrisy, bigotry and lack of understanding and not taking responsibility for anything is our challenge in Naija....

Calm your tits, I just asked a question, don't let your blood boil.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by kinglekan: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
chuose:
Nigerians dont be fooled by this.

Adeboye did not condemn the killing, nobody asked him to seek retribution.

We expect him to condemn the killings

I didnt see where he congratulated the killers either. undecided

Ok and after condemning the killing? Back to status quo right?

If human beings who have blood flowing through their veins can kill and feel it is right, then no form of condemnation would make them feel any iota of remorse. What we should be asking for is [size=14pt] JUSTICE [/size] and not just condemnation!!!

Who Condemnation EPP? undecided

Leave the MOG alone, the woman who died is a Nigerian and deserves justice from the law. As long as the perpetrators are still exercising their freedom of movement, the so-called condemnation you are all clamoring for wouldn't stop them from taking another life.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by beadaholic(f): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

That is how some people slept peacefully and never woke up again. You better be thankful that you woke up to hear the preaching.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by beadaholic(f): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
DDeliverer:
wow

y else would this lady be preaching.... if not to win souls for Jesus Christ.??
wetin this man dey talk sef

Hmm, my dear only God can judge our motives. I know of a man that is so active and dedicated in church and I was impressed, alas I later got to know his activeness was motivated by money and not service.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by TI1919(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
Any man that collect tithes and offerring is not living the life of Christ who trust his father for every thing throughout his life....

We can not be deceive by this display

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by TI1919(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Any man that collect tithes and offerring is not living the life of Christ who trust his father for every thing throughout his life....

We can not be deceive by this display

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

And again all this men claiming to be preachers should be refferred to as "Preachers"

Not man of God

My opinion though

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by yelgolddotnet(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is a man of GOD... this wasn't what the earthly people expected... God have your ways in our lives...

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hypocrits! When a man is hacked down in Indoneasia for peddling drugs, u(abeg no be pa Adeboye oo) run to the nearest bar to drink ur miserable self to stupor all in celebration. But the same u believe a killer should not be brought to book in Nigeria. The same u believe his action should not be condemn.

If u don't condemn their acts, how will they know that their actions are not good.
If such unjust killing is not brought to book, don't u think u are endangering freedom of worship?
Don't u think another person will be killed same way 2moro!

Hypocrits! When u ariv church 2moro, the same u and ur pastors pray that fire will consume ur enemies. But the uncircumcised fanatics who killed an innocent woman should be celebrated!

"From the time of John the baptist,..." Judge urself!
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Babayoutoomuch(f): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
pimpchi:
Touching, God help us.

Amen o!!!!!!
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by PhilemonObende: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
frubben:

lwkmd!

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by folks4luv(f): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.
what about the noises from mosques that wake me up every morning? believe me, I wish all states will be like Lagos in controlling noise pollution cos I see no reason a churches or mosques should mount speakers outside there properties to disturb the whole neighborhood, but that is not the issue here.
if it is wrong to do morning cry with a megaphone, hacking her to death is surely not a way to correct her or her likes. her 'noise' was not the issue, but intolerance is.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Dyse4real: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
All for the sake of Christ.
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Dyse4real: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
All for the sake of Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / The N1 Billion Engineering Faculty Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donated To BIU / Deacon Survives 39 Bullets After Armed Robbery Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.