Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered (7135 Views)

Trouble In Tinubu's Household -the Guardian / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by GeorgeD1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
it is so sad. what is this country turning to?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2009
viewlekan:

Methinks someone has been spending too much time watching the Crime channel on SKY, this is Nigeria we are  on about, where law officers dont have the slightest clue about gathering  simple evidence like fingerprints,blood matching etc not to talk of Ballistic forensics, Wake up Dude!!!!

May his soul rest in peace!!!

Thank you my broda. I think you should be asking if they know how to use a copmuter. I have NEVER seen any computer in a police station. It's only to tell you to come with your full-scalp sheet, carbon paper to make copies and your "BAIRO" angry angry Who still uses carbon paper these days?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by wallosky: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2009
lets not mix up d issue, which is dat a Bayo Ohu was murdered. it is a sad thing dat we live in country that is so lawless and insecure dat life of anybody can be taken in a whisker and nothing can be done about it.

from d article 'the assasin made sure that he was dead befor dey left' it could be that the hospitals he was taken to saw that d man was brought in dead and will not want to accept a corpse, while d people dat were carrying him around are so anxious to see the hospitals [dat could be ill equiped]  perfom magic on a corpse.

i think d blame should go to d whole system called 'nija' as we sleep and wake up by the grace of God and also by d fact dat nobody is interested in seeing us dead.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by redsun(m): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2009
Police should start by looking into any strategic case/s the victim was working on,someone or some people needed to shut up for real.It could be obasanjo or any of those bloody thieves(politicians) with so many skeleton in their cupboards.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Gamine(f): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2009
This happened yesterday, and its just getting here now undecided

Anyway, its blood chilling, to see how one can just be killed
because another person says, so.
They always do these things in the mornings (90%), its obviously
an assasination attempt.

This country needs a major overhaul
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Builder: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2009
Talk about rebranding. Giant of Africa my foot
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by MUZBO(m): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
kech:

. . "Robbers" came to our house and my Dad was shot in the process.  He got the strength to run out and he went straight to a hospital which was just 2 houses away from us. Immediately he went in they started administering First-Aid on him. Our neighbors then rallied around and got a car to take him to LUTH as soon as possible. . .my dad was wheeled straight into the operating theatre for surgery to remove the bullets. . . POLICE REPORT CAME LATER!!, so these doctors should stop covering up their cowardice by playing the police report card. DO YOUR JOBS AND SAVE LIVES!!
Sharraap about a Dr's job! You don't know jack about it. Your whole analogy is flawed: 1. Your Dad got that treatment because he was a familiar face in the area! 2. He had the strength to run out of the house. - even an undertaker would be able to save his life on a good day. 3. This guy here was shot half a dozen times, assassination style. - even a 'Professor of preventive death sciences' @ Harvard probably will not save him on a good day! 4. If you've seen Dr's businesses disrupted by policemen then you won't come here talking like this.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by viewlekan: 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
Builder:

Talk about rebranding. Giant of Africa my foot

Exactly!, personally I am not a fan of such buzzwords as re-branding,re-engineering etc.

What Nigeria urgently needs is rethinking or more appropriately repentance.The country is so full of callous and heartless creatures and the most annoying part of it all is you would see public oficials justifying every negative thing in that country, beats me to be honest.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Finecat(m): 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
believe it or not NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE, it is in the same category as Chad, Congo and Niger republic. How can an hospital reject a dieing man, in the developed country it is illegal for an hospital to deny treatment even if it is for a toothache but Nigerian hospitals refuse treatments for a man shot a dozen times!! And an average Nigerian argue about every simple thing, so stubborn.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Feelitx(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
Sadly, we place no premium on human life.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Outstrip(f): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
Feelitx:

Sadly, we place no premium on human life.

This is exactly the point. People value animals more than most Nigerians value the lives of other Nigerians. I mean the health care workers no about this law and they do nothing about it. Has anybody said that this is just not right. How do you sleep at night knowing that because of some law that makes no sense someone died. If I did not read it here I would say it was a lie. I wish it was a lie
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by holymike47(m): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2009
Nigerian police is so dull, In things like this i blame the block-headed police who only know how to collect #20 bribe and chase innocent citizens.

Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Teminio: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2009
This is very sad indeed! May the Lord comfort the bereaved.

Another demonstration of the shame of a nation.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by back2back(f): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
You're right u know. . . I fink the Law shit should be bleeping modified and amended and by the way we've got prolific writers on nairaland and co. We cna draft a petition and send to the National Assembly of Lawless makers, an opinion. LoL.

I fully support this.

This could happen to anyone else.

Let kick out this stupid LAW from our system!
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by 1forall: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2009
I pray his family find it as easy as can possibly get to adjust to life without him. Amen.
I wonder what naija police shall make out of this?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by chyk91(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
R.I.P BAYO OHU, i pray they find his killers but i seriously doubt it. na naija we dey.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by iammodel(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
may his soul R.I.P.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Sammiel: 12:51am On Sep 22, 2009
May god save us from blood suckers. We kill ourselves because of money. These murderers were born by people and they have relatives too. As far as i'm concerned there is no good law or security in this country.Nothing is working well, even the president is sick. This country really sucks. May his soul and that of the faithfuls departed rest in peace! Gushhhhhhh,
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Sammiel: 12:52am On Sep 22, 2009
May god save us from blood suckers. We kill ourselves because of money. These murderers were born by people and they have relatives too. As far as i'm concerned there is no good law or security in this country.Nothing is working well, even the president is sick. This country really sucks. May his soul and that of the faithfuls departed rest in peace! Gushhhhhhh, cry
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by bawomolo(m): 12:57am On Sep 22, 2009
The Nigerian Medical Association will not allow it. In fact, they in turn are under the World Medical Association and no foolish Naija law can reform their codes of conduct.

umm any one on Nigerian soil has to respect Nigerian laws, including the NMA. you are running on sentiments here.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 1:41am On Sep 22, 2009
MUZBO:

Sharraap about a Dr's job! You don't know jack about it. Your whole analogy is flawed: 1.  Your Dad got that treatment because he was a familiar face in the area! 2. He had the strength to run out of the house. - even an undertaker would be able to save his life on a good day. 3. This guy here was shot half a dozen times, assassination style. - even a 'Professor of preventive death sciences' @ Harvard probably will not save him on a good day!  4. If you've seen Dr's businesses disrupted by policemen then you won't come here talking like this.

What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you make your point without being insulting? It's my opinion, if you don't agree with it, say so and keep walking. Sorry to burst your bubble honey, the guy may have had a chance if he had gotten a better response. It's not my fault that most naija doctors are incompetent. So if you are not a doctor AND did not go to "harvard", I suggest YOU shut up. Divert your aggravations somewhere else please.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 1:48am On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

umm any one on Nigerian soil has to respect Nigerian laws, including the NMA.  you are running on sentiments here.   

But is it really a law? As in, is it in the constitution? undecided Don't get me wrong oo, I know in Naija anything goes, but is it really written in some kind of constitution?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by rafcrown(m): 2:00am On Sep 22, 2009
WHO KILLED DELE GIWA
WHO KILLED BOLA IGE
WHO KILLED THE LAWYER IN IGBO LAND
WHO KILLED BAYO OHU
  WHO ALLOWED FAWEHINMI TO GET CANCER
WHO KILLED WITH SUPERIOR WEAPONS
WHO KILLED JOURNALISTS AND LAWYERS AND POLITICAL ASPIRANTS
WHO KILLED the Gubernatoral ASPIRANT in Lagos State.

NA THE SAME PEOPLE,SAME METHOD,SAME UNKNOWN PEOPLE.KEEP ON KILLING GOOD PEOPLE.
THE JOURNALIST HAD INFO OR HAD WRITTEN OR ABOUT TO WRITEWHAT OFFENDED THE SAME PEOPLE--POLITICAL MINDED PEOPLE
MIND YOU THE journalist was covering political issues

I TRUST POLICE ABROAD,JUST FEW DAYS ARRESTS WILL BE MADE
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by arogbowei: 2:06am On Sep 22, 2009
Pity. Poor man was killed for nothing. Hope management of Guardian will take up the schooling of his children. Hope the wife will not experience any delay in collecting his gratuities from his former employer (Guardian).

Can't wait to see that law amended to reflect the reality of today Naija.

My heart goes  to the poor woman, who is now condemned to a life of loneliness, regrets, sorrow and sadness

http://www.tourismonitor..com/
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 2:09am On Sep 22, 2009
rafcrown:

WHO KILLED DELE GIWA
WHO KILLED BOLA IGE
WHO KILLED BAYO OHU
WHO KILLED the  Gubernatoral  ASPIRANT in Lagos State.

THE JOURNALIST HAD INFO OR HAD WRITTEN OR ABOUT TO WRITEWHAT OFFENDED THE SAME PEOPLE--POLITICAL MINDED PEOPLE

LOL! @ bolded. You're not serious. grin But seriously, who knows? No be Naija again?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by biina: 2:28am On Sep 22, 2009
Does anyone have proof of the existence of said law on treatment of bullet wounds?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by mystikal(m): 2:43am On Sep 22, 2009
my heart bleeds, rip in peace man.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by chic2pimp(m): 2:54am On Sep 22, 2009
rafcrown:

WHO KILLED DELE GIWA
WHO KILLED BOLA IGE
WHO KILLED BAYO OHU
  WHO ALLOWED FAWEHINMI TO GET CANCER WHO KILLED WITH SUPERIOR WEAPONS
WHO KILLED the Gubernatoral ASPIRANT in Lagos State.

Laff wan kill me die oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

REST IN PEACE BAYO OHU
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Outstrip(f): 3:00am On Sep 22, 2009
Well Gani was not a smoker and his family has said that his jail cell was continuously fumigated while he was in the cell. That is one sure way to get cancer. It makes sense.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by t0kunb0(m): 5:14am On Sep 22, 2009
Hw many Nigerians must die b4 we bcum proactive rather dan reactive?
9ja cnt continue lyk dis
Hw important/valuabl is a Nigerian lyf in Nigeria anywyz?
RIP Bayo
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by rygem: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2009
With all these gruesome assassinations it would be hard to have objective journalism in the country. I am aware that corrupt people prefers only entertainment journalism while they continue with their looting spree. Many renowned reporters are on exile and are hurling long-distant salvos.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2009
rafcrown:

WHO KILLED DELE GIWA
WHO KILLED BOLA IGE
WHO KILLED BAYO OHU
WHO KILLED the Gubernatoral ASPIRANT in Lagos State.

Abegiiiiiiiiiiiii. We still don't know who killed Biggie and Tupac. R.I.P Bayo Ohu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu In Turmoil As Police Shot At Biafran Protesters-pics / Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres / B’haram Leader, Shekau Has A Message For Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB In Latest Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.