Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered (7136 Views)

Trouble In Tinubu's Household -the Guardian / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2009
Jakumo:

Show the rest of that profile picture and all misunderstandings will be displaced by grateful lust.

This is supposed to be a thread where you show your respects to the deceased. All grateful lust should be kept on a leash.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Jakumo(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2009
Roger that Stillwater. I'll remind you later.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Oluschenco(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
The hospital attendant should be arrested.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by MUZBO(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2009
kech:

Can't you make your point without being insulting? It's my opinion, . . Sorry to burst your bubble honey, the guy may have had a chance if he had gotten a better response. It's not my fault that most naija doctors are incompetent. So if you are not a doctor AND did not go to "harvard", I suggest YOU shut up. Divert your aggravations somewhere else please.
Like the incompetent Drs that saved your Father's life abi? Or which yeye opinion are you expressing on a public forum that is full of criticism for those obeying the law? - and you don't expect insults? . . you must be dumb! 2 days ago I saw someone who was rejected by your precious LUTH for lack of bed space, all he needed was dialysis! No one took an oath to work miracles, the oath was to save lives within one's abilities. In case you are still too dumb to undertand; no equipments means little or no abilities and stupid laws mean little or no abilities! ( Just ask Professor Xavier of the X-men!)
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2009
chic 09:

what's wit d assassination of our core journalists,making me feel doubtful of d profession i'v alwys craved.

undecided True. I have the utmost respect for those who practice real journalism in Naija. Not the "name withheld" ones that keep you wondering why they decided to tell the story in the first place, or the ones who hurl stones from across the Atlantic. It's not beans to live in Naija and report situations as is.  8 out of 10 "journalists" in Naija report societal and celebrity events. At least no one can fault them for reporting that they looked good or wore the most expensive jewelry. lipsrsealed
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by akin3005: 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
Here are some clues:
The Police should investiagte his coverage of all re-run elections, especially EKITI.
His report on Customs head certificate scandal, etc
We should also note that a WOMAN led the the assasins
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by dkings101(m): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2009
Firstly I am disgraced with Nigerian law and medical system. The strong man who was trying hard to stay life by not letting go the ghost would have still been alive if he had been treated at the 1st hospital. I guess the doctor and nurses don't know how hard he fought to keep breathing. After tat fight, hw can he survive on the way to another hospital. Only if they know how hard it take to stay underwater for 2minute without breathing.

My call goes to the Federal Govt to cancel the stupid law of Police report before treatment that as taken lifes of so many. I stay abroad and I ve not heard this thing here. It is so hurting reading the article. PLEASE CANCEL THE LAW OF "POLICE REPORT BEFORE TREATMENT"

I pray they find the killer but I doubt as even the assaliant of Fusho William as not been found yet and the case is cold with no 1 taking about it. They should introduce Identifical Card with Electronic chip that carries all informations and data of a person, CCTV Camera's in all street and go policing system.

May his gentle soul rest in peace and my condolence to his family and children. God will be by them.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by rasputinn(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
God will scatter the sponsors and pepertrators of this dastardly acts.Shame on the police and government that cannot protect its citizens,shame on the hospital that turned him back,I mean even if they lacked the hi-tech medical equipment to render comprehensive medical treatmet,first aid and stopping the loss of blood would have been in order
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by danconsult(m): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2009
I was so tired reading this, in fact i decided to just log out. the law is to blame. BAD LAW TO WAIT FOR REPORT BEFORE TREATMENT!
BST THING TO DO: CHARGE THE NIGERIA GOVERNMENT BOTH OLD AND NEW, THE NIGERIA POLICE AND OUR LAW MAKERS TO TENDER AN UNRESERVED APOLOGY TO THE ENTIRE POPULACE OF NIGERIA. THEN THE FAMILY OF PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS BAD LAW COMPENSATEDVERY BAD LAW TO ASK FOR POLICE REPORT
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by MadMax1(f): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2009
Poor man. Lawless country. Senseless lawmakers that won't make laws that make sense. The police won't catch murderers, and they won't let their victims be treated. Human life keeps meaning less and less with time. I don't think there's a law requiring a police report in case of gunshot wounds; It appears to be something the police merely mandated hospitals to do. I never heard of such a law being proposed and debated and passed. And the guy's pulse was still strong, he was still alive. Nigerian hospitals have been infected with the same inhuman callousness that's rotting at the heart of the country's government. If such a law truly exists it is an unspeakable, a horrendous law. Look at all the stories he broke, and without going underground, or his newspaper protecting him in some way. Poor man, you forgot the country you were operating in. Truth is a dangerous business there.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by danconsult(m): 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
i just found this on the news and said i shoul quickly post it. abegi, se this one will be possible to do in nigeria
A former Commissioner of Police and foremost security expert, Mr. Frank Odita, said on Monday that to get to the root of the killing of Mr. Bayo Ohu, police detectives should dig into his profile as a journalist and as a private individual.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by nigboy(m): 4:06am On Sep 23, 2009
This is indeed a sad news

No one is secured in this country
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by BoraWizzle(m): 5:00am On Sep 23, 2009
This is sooooo Cruel. Ohu, i hope u avenge ur blood. , Whaooo, 9ja!!! God help us oooo"Amen"
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by SmashingM(f): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2009
It would have been a success story if he was accepted and treated at the first medical center they took him to. I wonder when human lives will be given the utmost priority in our country.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by azeezbaba(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2009
@
chosen04:

Who are you and what is your name?

There is a BILL. But dont know how far with the bill now. And u are happy posting it here.

Why cant people learn to respect other people's opinion? Have I committed any crime by informing everybody that there is a bill in the National Assembly on this matter? Does that mean am happy about it? you should learn to seek knowledge and not criticize people who take their time to seek
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Dave6: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2009
You CANNOT lose you license I promise you. The Nigerian Medical Association will not allow it.

Let me remind you You 're talking about Nigeria here my sista. The NMA itself needs help.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
azeezbaba:

@
Why cant people learn to respect other people's opinion? Have I committed any crime by informing everybody that there is a bill in the National Assembly on this matter? Does that mean am happy about it? you should learn to seek knowledge and not criticize people who take their time to seek

My dear I tire. I saw the comment too and decided not to say anything. Don't worry yourself abeg. There are a lot of crazy people here on Nairaland. You never know the states of mind of a lot of people posting here so just turn on the ignore button.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Ajike: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2009
i wonder what the perpertrator of this evil doer will achieve in taking a soul in which you cannot create, does is it mean they too will not die again, oh! what a wicked world, what a wicked country. whoever that kill this guy including whoever that sent them will sure go the way he goes. all of them will surely die by sword too. oh! what a life!
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by baekdoosan(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2009
Murder was probably political.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by bidemi12(m): 1:09am On Sep 24, 2009
sometimes i think it is safer in Iraq that in Nigeria.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by pius4luv(m): 5:03am On Sep 24, 2009
i prayed may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.Amen,i prayed God will provide for his wife to take good care of his kids for him,i feel so sad about what's going on in this country,it seem everyone isn't safe in this country.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by darqly(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2009
Bayo left behind an unemployed wife and five children including a 15-year old SS 2 student and an eight-month toddler.
The above was culled from an article in the guardian by a former staff. Its so saddening that a life could be snuffed out like that without regards. Imagine what his wife will go through, and the trauma his children will face. I pray for strength for them.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by peteroby(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2009
More effort and emphasis is likely to gone into planning a funeral for this slain reporter than he or his staff devoted to his security and survival
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by ud4u: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2009
This issue of bringing a police report before a gun shot victim will be attended to should be looked into by the Legislators.

Again, Security in this country is begging for attention, what is the way out? cry cry cry
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by booberry: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
sad
God,dis man must ave found sumtin ncriminatin.
Hospitals n 9ja shud copy well.abroad they practise d same rul but they do d callin of the police who will cum 2 d hospital and do the questioning, dis is sooooooooooooooooo bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by carnal: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
If only the nurse at the hospital could have administered first aid?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by portableon: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
cry  sad shocked SAD how can Doctor been ask for police report in this can of emergency for GOD sake why?
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by GeorgeD1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
first aid for a fatally shot man? how?
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by kech(f): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
George_D:

first aid for a fatally shot man? how?

When they say First Aid, it doesn't only mean Iodine and Plaster ooo. I know you are thinking of that small First Aid box people have all around. grin First Aid basically is the first immediate treatment you give to someone who is injured or sick until they can get proper medical treatment. In his own case his First Aid treatment would have been any thing they can do to stop the blood loss. It's not a guarantee that he would have survived but it has saved lives. A lot of gunshot victims actually die of blood loss and not the bullets themselves.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
only in 9ja, the giant of africa. even animals have more remorse for animals like them than nigerians.
Re: Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered by carnal: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2009
my first aid meant ARREST the situation at hand and refer it possibly to a better hospital where he will be treated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bauchi Governor - Isa Yuguda - Appoints 924 'Special' Assistants/Advisors / Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption / Arewa/northern Nigeria(heading To 2015) Bb Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.