Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27228 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by MadamExcellency: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2016
A lot of ignoramuses on this board.

The article clearly stated that the seaport was started by the past administration but was abandoned halfway without giving any reason.

I don't believe the abandoned line of the story because it was a five years project provided the funds are consistently coming as budgeted
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2016
goonsmi:

Until the people in those areas stop supporting criminality no reasonable and responsible investors will come with their capital to invest in your area.

You can't be destroying the properties of the few investors in your area and expect another investor to consider your area for his investment. How many of your own sons and daughters into importation business is making use of the existing seaports in your area ? What are the reasons why they are running away from the seaports ? The answer is simply because of the destructive activities of your militants and pirates who will rather chase away and frustrate any investor or business on sight .

Gone are the days when government commit their resources on unviable businesses now the government is supporting viable and sustainable investment .

Your fighters should fashion a more reasonable way of agitating for development instead destroying any good things on sight. Most of you are labelling your representatives in the current administration as saboteurs and refused to recognized and make the best use of their current position in government all because your SON who fails to even attract any reasonable development despite been in good governmental positions for good 16years and rose as high as the President for five years plus lost an election.

Until your people start making use of your brains and keep emotions aside the development you crave for will never come.
Shut up.
The niger-delta was the safest place in the country for decades even before militancy, and yet no federal development even during the military regime.
Buhari is not your son, he is a president of fulani origin utilizing niger-delta oil revenues for his bigoted purposes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by drnoel: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Tolexander:
95% working!

That was uncalled for
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2016
danie09:
ipob,massob and all others
And how has IPOB stopped the FG from exploring oil in abia and imo state?
Have you heard of IPOB destroying properties of state, Private or federal? The UN recently gave the SE the most peaceful region in the country after thorough research. It is still on their website.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Really? So the reason why a progressive govt that wants to succeed would ignore better investment opportunities in other parts of the country because the people there don't like him. shocked
Very good. Nigeria's subsequents presidents would not always be supported by everybody. But this politics of winner takes all would never be forgotten.
I am sure it is just beginning. I am hopeful though that the niger-delta would begin to leverage on its strength and decide and remove presidents.
As long as you practice the politics of hate and division.

Burning bridges rather than mending fences, the SE won't achieve much in the scheme of things, even actualizing Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by maj007(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2016
samcolee:
And the will tell the ND keep calm your dev is coming. Sha na only lagos get sea

Because they are assured Lagosians wont embark BOMBIMG all these developments all in the name of agitation.

There you have it..

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2016
And of all these drama the afonjas frustrated the enugu airport from taking off

Ndi ara

Excuse us. What are they saying

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amagunnerfan: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

You're immumed to abuse but you're the first to abuse people
Point out the abuse in that.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by mfm04622: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2016
I am Yoruba from Ogun State but born in Lagos. Lived most of my life in Lagos too. However, a new seaport should NOT be sited in Lagos! Haba!!! Don't we have other parts of the country that can take the seaport?

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by FlamesD: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2016
Ajibel:
I knew with BRF position in the 3 key ministries, Lagos would get lots of favours.

Now Lagos state has or intend to have how many seaports About 4 in total in the next 6 years.

The Lekki deep seaport is already ongoing.

To the Lagosian, this is a good development so they would say. But to every rational thinker and in the spirit of one Nigeria, this is more reasons why people will continue agitating for true federalism or brake up. A state with two seaports and counting is still given another seaport while the one in Calabar, Oneh and Onitsha is been aboudoned. This is unjustifiable, unfair, wicked and ungodly. This is sharp way telling the southeast and south south that they don't belong to this entity called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Drguzzykola(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Who in their right mind will want to develop the ND when you merely wake up on the wrong side of the bed and start blowing things up.

You are your own enemy not the country. Call your youths to order, stop drinking ogoro early in the morning and things will take shape.

I am immune to abuses but bring it on if you may.
Can't laugh abeg, wen all they know is how to cripple 9ja economy, how Nigeria blessing go take reach there side,
Dem never chi Chun chin

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by SuperS1Panther: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2016
Apapa

Tincan

Roro

Lekki

And now Badagry again.

Having peace in your region makes you the destination of choice for investments.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by danie09(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2016
mfm04622:
I am Yoruba from Ogun State but born in Lagos. Lived most of my life in Lagos too. However, a new seaport should NOT be sited in Lagos! Haba!!! Don't we have other parts of the country that can take the seaport?
yes we don't have other parts of the country that can take the sea port safely without having fear of the seaport and vessels getting bombed in the name of agitation

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2016
FxDuke:

my brother everything must not be in Lag.
this is what is responsible for injustice, millitancy and depravity.

this is why they are calling for secession. they are not adequately accommodated.

moreso, federal presence over there is very minimal and even atrophying as seen in the ports you mentioned. this is crazy mehn.
this is economic warfare!

its just like empowering one region and impoverishing another.
nobody wants to invest where you will b kidnapped, or harrased on a daily basis by thugs saying they want their share as if there are share holders in the business.. nobody will invest where the investment will be targeted by militant bombs

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amagunnerfan: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2016
Drguzzykola:

Can't laugh abeg, wen all they know is how to cripple 9ja economy, how Nigeria blessing go take reach there side,
Dem never chi Chun chin
What do you expect when we are talking of people who when they wake up in the morning the first thing they do is to drink ogoro.

They will call it abuse, but it is a fact that ogoro is their pastime.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amagunnerfan: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:
A lot of ignoramuses on this board.

The article clearly stated that the seaport was started by the past administration but was abandoned halfway without giving any reason.

I don't believe the abandoned line of the story because it was a five years project provided the funds are consistently coming as budgeted
You don't believe it was abandoned not a problem, can you provide prove it was not abandoned?

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by mfm04622: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2016
I can understand the reluctance of FG (anybody) to invest where the citizens are blowing up infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by MadamExcellency: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
As long as you practice the politics of hate and division.

Burning bridges rather than mending fences, the SE won't achieve much in the scheme of things, even actualizing Biafra.

What advantage do you personal have over an average Easterner on the Lagos Seaports?

Presently, the Easterners earning a living and doing business in Lagos Seaport constitute majority.

You need a good job and not laying claims over what you have no personal control or advantage over another.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2016
FlamesD:

To the Lagosian, this is a good development so they would say. But to every rational thinker and in the spirit of one Nigeria, this is more reasons why people will continue agitating for true federalism or brake up. A state with two seaports and counting is still given another seaport while the one in Calabar, Oneh and Onitsha is been aboudoned. This is unjustifiable, unfair, wicked and ungodly. This is sharp way telling the southeast and south south that they don't belong to this entity called Nigeria.

In as much as I agree with you that the South South seaports ought to have been given considerations, we can't but admit that representatives from that region are not doing enough to attract development to their area. They are instead embroiled in one issues or the other that won't have any impact on those they claim to represent.

This Badagry seaport couldnt be approved in the last dispensation because Lagos didn't have an influential representative during Jonathan's government but the South East/ South had enough in high places, yet none didn't think of bringing it up during the FEC meetings. But because of BRF now in Buhari's government, this project would soon kick-off.

Even if you succeed in seceding, there is no guarantee that the dubai of your dreams would be immediately replicated in Niger Delta Republic or Biafra.

My own is to always tell people to hold their leaders responsible. But that is not the case because we now see people living in Delta state more concerned about what happens in Lagos than in their vicinity.

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2016
naptu2:

1) Apapa Port
2) Tin Can Island Port
3) Lekki Port
4) Badagry Port
5) Ikorodu Port (Lighter Terminal. NPA is working on making it an export port).
6) Ijora Wharf
7) Customs Quay (the original port of Lagos)

Allahu Akbar shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thanks for the expose sir.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2016
danie09:
it's not an excuse it's a plain and simple reasoning . You don't attract investors by deliberately destroying existing facilities in your region in the name of agitation .
When they blow up these investment they are clearly telling the federal government and potential investors they don't need such facilities .
I don't know any where in the world that people protest by distroying infrastructure,, Only ogogoro druck Niger Delta militant... They now wants investors to invest,,, If I was an investor I will never near Niger delta no way

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by olusholaonipede(f): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2016
DeLaRue:

smiley Quite right.

You're going round in circles...& I haven't got the time to regurgitate all I know about Lekki Seaport federal govt wahala.

Let's put it this way, the PDP federal govt was not best friend with Lagos State.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by MadamExcellency: 9:36am On Aug 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
You don't believe it was abandoned not a problem, can you provide prove it was not abandoned?

For you to declare a project abandoned, it must take years or better still there should be an official pronouncement to that effect.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:

What advantage do you personal have over an average Easterner on the Lagos Seaports?

Presently, the Easterners earning a living and doing business in Lagos Seaport constitute majority.

You need a good job and not laying claims over what you have no personal control or advantage over another.
I'm talking about my region being developed........... your talking about economic migrants and stragglers that need my region to survive.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by BMedia: 9:37am On Aug 04, 2016
tinsel:
[size=16pt]My agony is I cannot pinpoint any single thing we gained(south east) with all our support for Jonathan. It is very sad.[/size]

cry
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2016
9ja4show:

shey its not the federal account that they will deduct the money from abi

It will favours nigeria not just lagos

Obviously, it will favour Nigeria because Lagos is in Nigeria but Lagos as a state would benefit more in terms of

1. Employment
2. Increase in IGR/ GDP
3. Increase in FDI
4. Increase in population that'll bring about increase in tax
5. Etc.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
And how has IPOB stopped the FG from exploring oil in abia and imo state? The UN recently gave the SE the most peaceful region in the country after thorough research. It is still on their website.
source or reference or I DONT believe,,, U know the rest

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by BMedia: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Achorise:

very soon Lagos will pull out of Nigerian and Yoruba.

The pain IS REAL!

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by samcolee(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Who in their right mind will want to develop the ND when you merely wake up on the wrong side of the bed and start blowing things up.

You are your own enemy not the country. Call your youths to order, stop drinking ogoro early in the morning and things will take shape.

I am immune to abuses but bring it on if you may.
wont insult you buh why do everyone believe that ss always blow things up. Have not seen much violence in aks where am from, though i think most of the vandalism is caused by negligence of the area. I support these developments but it doesn't help much cos we still get goods from those places at high price cos of transport. If there is development there will be no vandals
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by redcliff: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:
And the ugu liars still think SWners no get sense with their political strategies and bravery... grin grin

Can you try nof to be fulish next time? Thanks!
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ajibel(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
agabusta:
Good development. But we need a modern rail line from that Badagry port and that will pass through all the South West states to the North. So that goods can be easily evacuated from this port.

I just wish Ambode will cool down and give Fashola the needed respect. If he does that, Fashola will really help him and make his job easier.

I'm curious sir. Has Ambode been doing otherwise?

I was thinking both have moved on.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Kassidy90(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Good news for us in badagry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola Inspect The Ongoing Expansion Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon / Alleged Terrorist Attempt To Blow Up Calabar-itu Head Bridge Foiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.