Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27241 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2016
sesaan:

am sorry I provoked You... Am a fool, am an illiterate,, I don't know Nigeria the UN knows about Nigeria my father land more than me.. you are absolutely correct , but u didn't answer my question,, again what index did the UN used in coming to agreement about the safest place in Nigeria?? since am a fool which I have acknowledge pls sir enlighten me... in order not to make a fool of yourself kindly don't reply if u r not sure of the answer,, I will understand.. have a nice day IPOB youth
I am done. Stay in ore and tell me you Know Nigeria.
Yeah right. Illiterate.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2016
The mistake SE/SS keeps making is that sense pass power, you cant remain violent and support violence and expect the average bussiness man to bring money to your locality, you can't hate me as a yoruba man to bring my bussiness to your backyard when i know you hate me and you are even gracious enough not to hide it..development comes naturally when there is peace and order in a society, that's what the yorubas have been doing...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by amodu(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Stay calm
And

Fcckk off ma mentions.... I don't relate with the Afonjas....
But you do relate with me....cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
dremide:

And when did you start selling land to non indegenes in your area?
We don't sell land to criminals and ritualists
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ANAKONDA: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:
hehehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy

While SW is racking up projects after projects, some OSU are quibbling over appointments. Ask them what they did with all the appointments the ogogoro master poured into their enclave from the unceasing sucking of his balls, they start speaking Indonesian language. They couldn't even mould one block for 2nd Niger bridge from it cheesy

I laugh in success cheesy

And i smile in Ijebu. Ijebu smile can make haters/wailers commit suicide.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by sesaan(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
I am done. Stay in ore and tell me you Know Nigeria.
Yeah right. Illiterate.
Who is now an illiterate?? one love one Nigeria... peace

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2016
dremide:

This project was not decided by buhari, it's been a long time coming(2008) moreover, it's not a wholey federal govt project, no sane bossiness man will take his investments to unsecured areas,, it's not rocket science, you can't force me to spend my money where i don't wanna! Deal with your insecurities first, learn from the south west, all struggles does not have to have element of violence!
Which part of the SE is insecure, you illiterate. Where have you seen them destroying pipelines like we see in ogun state.?
The project was shelved for a reason probably because they had better sites for a seaport.
Hide your bigotry under insecurity. Buhari would only be there for 4-8 years.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2016
dremide:
The mistake SE/SS keeps making is that sense pass power, you cant remain violent and support violence and expect the average bussiness man to bring money to your locality, you can't hate me as a yoruba man to bring my bussiness to your backyard when i know you hate me and you are even gracious enough not to hide it..development comes naturally when there is peace and order in a society, that's what the yorubas have been doing...
The level of militancy in ogun state alone is not present in the entire SE, so shut up.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ANAKONDA: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Yet....the previous PDP was made up of 70 percent of the westerners!.... Am sure, the problem wasn't from the party but from the people within.. Who felt that lagos had had much more than the neighbouring western states.....

Foul. It had to do with Gej's negative attitude to the Yoruba in general. It reflected even in his federal appointments over which selected Yoruba leaders and cultural associations complained to no avail.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
sesaan:

Who is now an illiterate?? one love one Nigeria... peace
The same country awolowo called a mere geographical expression before attempting his failed secession.
I hope you would still keep shouting one naijeria in the subsequent presidential administrations to come. Don't be like afenifere.
http://www.informationng.com/2012/12/afenifere-decries-marginalization-of-yorubas-seek-audience-with-jonathan.html
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by lexyclasy: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:
And the ugu liars still think SWners no get sense with their political strategies and bravery... grin grin

What is your problem you this lunatics....cant you make a single sentence without ethnic and religious colouration.....so sick about your lame comments always...you are not a good ambassador for your region.....it makes us non SW/SE to view this endless season movie in donaduas.....please repent nobody is giving you award for anything....the people you fan hate attributes to may turn out to be friends and family folks...i see no sense in all this you ARESA in particular....such of your type may not even come from LAGOS state I repeat......

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2016
GreatSE:

How do one fight for development..... By sabotaging other regions, the only resean an Hausa/Fulani man will develop another man's land is because they know One day they will Collect it.....Yoruba Land is a conquered HAUSA /Fulani Land, when the time comes they will come for it...... Buhari have said it.

You don't need to sabotage other areas to fight for development. You can protest peacefully, you can talk sense into people representing your region, you can make the right choices during election by voting for someone with proven past records not by voting someone because he's your tribesman.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ANAKONDA: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

What do you lousy things know about politics?....

Don't mind these my brothers. They do not know that you were well tutored by your political grandfather, Azikiwe, to always work for individual pockets rather than the general good in politics. Second-fiddle expert from the fifties to the seventies with nothing for the entire SE to boast of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ghost01(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
People just lament about what they shouldn't these days. Seaports are also under construction in Cross River and Akwa Ibom States, so why the noise?

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by rlauncher(m): 11:38am On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:
I am proudly Igbo. I stay in Badagry and i am really grateful for all these projects about to happen here. I just pray it comes to completion.

God bless Nigeria cool

God bless you for identifying with our successes. May God grant you your desire for the SE especially your state.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by felapikin(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

What is this one sayin?
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by rlauncher(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrTruth4real:

Wat abt the warri seaport, the coco seaport, the sapele seaport that has been abandon. If govt renovate these seaports I have just mentioned will it not help Nigerians too, must everything be in Lagos.

You are getting it wrong. All the seaports in Lagos are being developed and managed by private investors. This is possible because the investors consider them as viable. The peaceful atmosphere provided in Lagos and the surrounding SW states is what has been encouraging investment into the state.

The SE and SS cannot boast of viability and peaceful atmosphere for investors. The SEsterners as soon as they grow up, are always leaving their region for a search for greener pastures in the SW and in the North thereby rendering their region unviable for port development.

Also, the preponderance of acts of violence such as kidnapping of foreign nationals and Nigerians alike, extortion from construction contractors, pipelines vandalism , bombing of state assets and stupid militancy have been scaring foreign investors away from the SS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Koboland(f): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria is funny, any news in this country is tribalized !! why dont they allow Biafrans to Go! I have never seen a country where so much hate thrives tufia!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by rlauncher(m): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:
What about approving new deep seaport for some of the coastal states like Delta, Rivers,Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom,Calabar) so that traders cost of clearance and transportation from lagos to the south-east south-south and surrounding states can be reduced and those states can have more internally generated revenue like Lagos?

Or better still the FG should approve the refurbishment of all the abandoned seaports or the key ones. I sure the loots that have been recovered can foot the bill for at least one.

Traders are crying about the high cost of customs clearance leaving them no choice but to increase the price of their wares. Honestly it makes no economic sense that a country as big as Nigeria have all their active seaports located in one small state, for God sake these are the things that these so called elected Rep members and senators should be discussing in their respective meetings rather than just looking to line their own pockets and padding budgets.

Rotimi Amaechi as the transport minister and who should be representing the interests of the Mid-West, south east and south-south and their surrounding states seems to be blind to the importance of diversifying the seaports in Nigeria. No problem sha, when he finishes with APC he will return to his people who will then question him what he has achieved in terms of multi-million dollar infrastructure. He bashed and rebashed Jonathan continuously over his lack of development , now that he is in the main hot seat of developing infrastructure what is he doing!!!!

The SE and SE are not engaging theFG properly. The SE are asking for Biafra which any sane man knows is a pipe dream.

The SS on the other hand are asking the FG to line the pockets of criminal militants with the money that would have gone into infrastructural developments in the region.

Meanwhile, SW are focussing on what matters the most: physical infrastructure and economic growth and development of the region.

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:

Which part of the SE is insecure, you illiterate. Where have you seen them destroying pipelines like we see in ogun state.?
The project was shelved for a reason probably because they had better sites for a seaport.
Hide your bigotry under insecurity. Buhari would only be there for 4-8 years.
so you want seaport in south east? How? Even if it's possible, will you force foreign investors to do it when they don't feel like? Put your house in order and investors will come.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by kayfra: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
So much baseless and irrational envy in this thread. It is mind boggling.

Does anybody know the meaning of PRIVATE in private investment?

Prosperity can only thrive when you have peace.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ndcide(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
Only those who are ignorant or hate Lagos will want another major port in Lagos.

It's just foolish. I won't explain.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by dremide: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
An investor ultimately wants returns on his invedtment, if he sees your area as investment friendly, he weighs the security and sees it's what he can cope with, the locals are not aggressive and ready to work, the return on investment is ok, you guys will not need to come crying on nairalaand over what you actually used you hands and actions to spoil!!!

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Achorise:
We know what the future holds, it is a strong indication that one day, this country will split, because the uneven and lopsided development will only increase the agitation of secession from the falling Nigeria.

Is there major see port in Warri

What of Onitsha

Akwa Ibom.

A country where DSS , one of the leading security agents are dropping resignation letters, shows Nepotism will accelerate the struggle for self actualization.

So advice your 95%.

very soon Lagos will pull out of Nigerian and Yoruba.
Is Ambode supposed to come build a seaport in the SS or SE?.... This trend of toddler weeping and wailing keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:
What about approving new deep seaport for some of the coastal states like Delta, Rivers,Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom,Calabar) so that traders cost of clearance and transportation from lagos to the south-east south-south and surrounding states can be reduced and those states can have more internally generated revenue like Lagos?

Or better still the FG should approve the refurbishment of all the abandoned seaports or the key ones. I sure the loots that have been recovered can foot the bill for at least one.

Traders are crying about the high cost of customs clearance leaving them no choice but to increase the price of their wares. Honestly it makes no economic sense that a country as big as Nigeria have all their active seaports located in one small state, for God sake these are the things that these so called elected Rep members and senators should be discussing in their respective meetings rather than just looking to line their own pockets and padding budgets.

Rotimi Amaechi as the transport minister and who should be representing the interests of the Mid-West, south east and south-south and their surrounding states seems to be blind to the importance of diversifying the seaports in Nigeria. No problem sha, when he finishes with APC he will return to his people who will then question him what he has achieved in terms of multi-million dollar infrastructure. He bashed and rebashed Jonathan continuously over his lack of development , now that he is in the main hot seat of developing infrastructure what is he doing!!!!

First of all, are you aware the recently approved Badagry seaport is a state government initiative?

Not long ago, the FEC also approved the building of a seaport at Calabar, courtesy of the visionary Cross Rivers state government. The Ibaka deep seaport is also pending and that is another state government initiative. If the respective state governments are unable to see these projects to completion, and Lagos state eventually builds its, how is this supposed to be marginalisation? ... Or is Ambode supposed to come build a seaport in Delta or Rivers or Bayelsa states?

Now we already have seaports in these states but investors and importers have continually boycotted the use of the ND ports for one simple reason; insecurity. If youths in an area keep misdirecting their anger and supporting pirates and other criminals, how on earth will investors come to these areas?....

The other day some misguided youths stormed shoprite in warri, vandalised and looted the place. And with such occurrences being a norm, some people still think FG marginalisation or maybe the west or north are behind the exodus of investors from the ND. Even investors of ND origin are setting up investments in Lagos, the reason is not far fetched but strangely, a lot of minds have been dubiously fed with hogwash about the real reasons the ports in the ND are dead.

Even when someone is deceived for long, cant the person for once just snap out of the cycle of deceit and look beyond their nose?

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ngozi123(f): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sheggy13:

Yorubas also connived with the North to deprive the SS and SE during the five year reign of GEJ right? Why didn't this kind of developmental project surface in the SS/SE during GEJ's time rather than enriching a few militant warlords? I guess the Yorubas and the north held his balls and stopped him from doing that. And this is the same man y'all were ready to lay your life down for him to continue being in power.

I hate it when people assume that just because you don't like Buhari, you must have loved GEJ. Both have been terrible presidents- Buhari being worse- but even with their incompetency, Nigeria would be a well developed country if only we'd turn to a fiscal federalist structure. I don't really care if they choose to not invest in the East- we're used to fending for ourselves. In fact, the less dependent the East is on the centre, the easier it'll be for us to create our own independent country.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by kettykin: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
DeLaRue:
SW aligning with the centre certainly helped in getting a relatively quick approval for this project.

This is Nigeria. Work for your interest with your vote.

During GEJ period, we could only fold our arms & watch as the PDP govt turned a blind eye to Fasola's years of pleading to fix Oshodi - Apapa road.

Can't Lagos government fix the Oshodi -Apapa road must they wait for the federal government
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Miranda11: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
dremide:
deal with militancy and insecurity first in that region and all other things will follow.

Okay but what about Akwa Ibom and Cross River states , i believe there is no militancy there so why can't the FG spearhead a deep sea port project there?

At a time last year there was some mention of a deep sea port in Cross River so what happened ? Militancy or the prospect of it, or the fact that it will take a lot of internally generated revenue away from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
FxDuke:

[b]my brother everything must not be in Lag.
[/b]this is what is responsible for injustice, millitancy and depravity.

this is why they are calling for secession. they are not adequately accommodated.

moreso, federal presence over there is very minimal and even atrophying as seen in the ports you mentioned. this is crazy mehn.
this is economic warfare!

its just like empowering one region and impoverishing another.
Are you aware this project is the brainchild of the Lagos State government?... Is Ambode supposed to go build seaports in Delta or Rivers or Bayelsa or in the south east to stop secession or militancy?.... How could the minds of so many in the SE and SS just go overboard because Jonathan lost an election?... (this may not directly be connected to GEJ but it is obvious that this skewed manner of thinking became rampant since GEJ's outster).

Are there no leaders in the SS and SE?.... What are the leaders doing?... For how long shall young enterprising and even enlightened people from the SS and SE continue to fall for and swallow this age long deceit that people of 'other' regions and tribes are responsible for the lack of development in the SS and SE?.... Even if some dubious leaders in the SE and SS continue to deceive the youths with this lie to divert attention from their ineptitude and kleptocracy, when are the youths going to wake up to see beyond their nose?

For how long shall this cry of marginalisation persist? and for how long shall this cry be directed to the wrong quarters?

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:

Okay but what about Akwa Ibom and Cross River states , i believe there is no militancy there so why can't the FG spearhead a deep sea port project there?

At a time last year there was some mention of a deep sea port in Cross River so what happened ? Militancy or the prospect of it, or the fact that it will take a lot of internally generated revenue away from Lagos.

Just the way Cross Rivers state government did a ground breaking for the construction of a deep sea port, Akwa-Ibom state government has also done same in the recent past. Similarly, Lagos state government is about to commence the Badagry port, and I think, the Lekki seaport; these projects are all between state governments and private individuals. So for the love of God, why or how is this supposed to be marginalisation?... Or is it just that the cry of marginalisation and victim mentality is so sweet that we cannot separate ourselves from this cry 56 years after independence even when it is baseless?.... When shall we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery?

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
dremide:
so you want seaport in south east? How? Even if it's possible, will you force foreign investors to do it when they don't feel like? Put your house in order and investors will come.
Tell me one way that the SW kept its house in order that the SE has not with evidence.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by chukel(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:
And the ugu liars still think SWners no get sense with their political strategies and bravery... grin grin

guy e get some kain things wey I no expect from you. U don big pass this naa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Burial Of 11 Soldiers That Died During Exercise Ayem Akpatuma / DIA Acquired Equipment To Spy On Calls, Text Messages By Nigerians - CitizensLab / Sabi’u Ibrahim Chamo Jailed For Facebook Post Against Governor Badaru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.